At what point is a parody just a rip off? What's the minor threshold of divergence?

At what point is a parody just a rip off? What's the minor threshold of divergence?

Attached: ask-the-cast-8.png (980x1496, 911K)

Parody points out the absurd of a work, rip off on the other hand is a complete copy of the original work just with tiny differences such as colors or genders.
The little line is "as long you are making fun of the original and not copying it".

Oh this is the comic made by those two girls who pretend to be guys right?

I enjoy it.

It depends on the work.

the threshold is whether or not the work is banned from EU internet.

If that's the case, the artist is doing a pretty convincing front. She's been pretending to be a dude for 5 or more years and is consistently drawing her persona as this one guy who she occasionally posts photos of.

Attached: .jpg (1000x1000, 320K)

>girls who pretend to be guys
What?

like traps but with beards and vaginas i guess

(S)he's playing the long game.

>JMD is some chick pretendog tp be a black guy
No wonder JMD's art sucks, its not sexy or cute and flatter than a canuck cartoon

Why does that faggot have a pink stripe in their hair?

Reverse traps I think they're called.

The girl with no tits looks hotter than the two with tits. I'm sorry, but it's true. Tits are gay.

>Pink
Get your eyes checked
It's a little strange how sexless Sparrow is. I'd imagine they'd atleast throw in some butt shots or even something dfcfags but....nothin.

Attached: loony-lunch-5.png (980x1453, 936K)

It's because some men are threatened by a woman with no tits because a lack of tits means their little baby ass will not be breastfed.

But then they went and made her a major supporting character.

Attached: ask-the-cast-4.png (980x1453, 930K)

This shit is still going? I get that everyone and their mother wants to do the whole "world full of superheroes" shit but salvadora is boring and the art is too basic to keep me interested

Where's the joke?

>JMD
Unironic yikes

Faggot

She hulk looks nothing like that so chill. Also She-hulk is just called Hulk now

Fuck off jmd shill

Is that a manlet or a womanlet?

>I get that everyone and their mother wants to do the whole "world full of superheroes" shit but salvadora is boring and the art is too basic to keep me interested
I like the art.
I agree the writing... exists. It is pretty uneventful. It seems more interested in introducing new characters than it is in establishing what the point of this whole setting is. As a gag comic it's lacking in gags. Most jokes basically boil down to BITCH IS THICC, YO in embarrassing revealing outfit. Kill La Kill and Empowered already exist and managed to have a story and a world built around the concept all at the same time.

Instead we get mayonnaise and bread sandwiches. Y'know, cuz THICCCC.

Could you call it a parody when it heavily relies on the source material to form its core identity? Pic completely related.

Attached: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FM%2FMV5BNTNjMTM1YWYtZWQ3Yy00OGI1LWEyZjUtY (1251x1920, 513K)