First Family Guy giong to air on Freefrom, then this happens:

First Family Guy giong to air on Freefrom, then this happens:

>Freeform is making its way into the animation world with two new series focused on women: Betches and Woman World.

>Betches is based on the wildly popular multimedia brand of the same name, created by Samantha Fishbein, Jordana Abraham, and Aleen Kuperman. The half-hour, irreverent animated series that will follow three best friends and roommates as they navigate early adulthood in New York City together. The three women loudly try to figure out who they are in their careers and in love. They make almost every mistake in the book along the way, but they’re doing their best to make sure they have an anything-but-basic life. Rachel Koller (Lady Bits with Lauren Giraldo) will write the pilot and Emma Roberts (American Horror Story) will produce the series alongside the Fishbein, Abraham and Kuperman. Carli Haney, Kesila Childers and Gil Goldschein from reality TV banner Bunim-Murray Productions (Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real World) are set to executive produce.

>Woman World, a half-hour, comedic animated series based on Aminder Dhaliwal’s graphic novel of the same name. The pilot playfully answers the question “what would our world look like if men became extinct?” This community of women leans on each other for survival as they search for love and their identity in this ladies-only existence. The pilot is executive produced by Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek & Sundry) and written by Dhaliwal (Pinky Malinky, Close Enough).

deadline.com/2019/03/freeform-makes-foray-into-animation-with-female-fronted-betches-and-woman-world-1202583801/

Attached: woman_world.png (825x494, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/woman-world/list?title_no=100912&page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=dAbq2jgw6y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Freeform is making its way into the animation world with two new series focused on women: Betches and Woman World.
Why is freeform the tumblr channel now

i think it was because of pretty little liars

That show glorified so many things wrong with both modern high school and modern women. I wish it was a crime to produce that type of sewage which has a detrimental effect on the world.

>(((Fishbein)))
>(((Abraham)))
>(((Kuperman)))
>(((Goldschein)))

Did you know that there are women outside of tumblr, and that TV shows aimed at women have existed for decades?

Meh, the first one sounds just there and the second one of the worst premises I’ve heard of. Either way getting more adult-oriented animated shows out there is a start

Women's world is about men being extinct.

Is this ascended fanfiction? It sounds like ascended fanfiction.

Attached: espurr.jpg (600x600, 45K)

So they're making Y the last man TAS, minus the man?

Have you ever seen Freeform's marketing?

webtoons.com/en/challenge/woman-world/list?title_no=100912&page=1

You can read the comic here.

Attached: 1551488221593.jpg (800x656, 68K)

Good on them. About time we got more adult animated series

>this is allowed to exsist while being one of the most sexist things in existence literally celebrating the genocide of men, yet I’m in the wrong because I think disney wars sucks
These people can’t contract cancer fast enough

will it have the same art style?

Because it's a premium station. They need to find a niche that loves them, not make broadly popular TV shows that a lot of people would like but not enough to pay for.

>They need to find a niche that loves them, not make broadly popular TV shows that a lot of people would like but not enough to pay for.
I keep hearing this excuse, but why then does every thing try to appeal to this one niche and ignore every other market now?

That second update made me smile and exhale.

Because Americans haven't been good at being capitalists since the 90's

For some reason I'm reminded of this. I hope these two series are like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=dAbq2jgw6y8

>Because Americans haven't been good at being capitalists since the 90's
Fair enough, that’s actually a better explanation then I’ve heard from most.

women watch more tv then men these days, they're a huge fucking market.

To spite the 700 Club that they are contractually forced to air for eternity

>women watch more tv then men these days, they're a huge fucking market.
Is that why all this SJW shit always fails then?

As if it ever wasn't. ABC Family was rife with Tumblr-centric shows like Switched at Birth, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Melissa and Joey.

explain your definition of "SJW shit" because This Is Us is one of the biggest shows ever right now

>Women making the best of a life threatening situation and being productive members of a new society

Attached: 1553625515400.png (599x462, 427K)

>Woman World
Why does this remind me of sin fest so much?

A more specific answer is that because of the consolidation of communication, entire generations of business and marketing school grads went full retard trying to make sense of something that used to be much more curated. It isn't that they can't find a niche, its that they used to be able to very easily create and control a manufactured niche, and now the internet kind of threw that out of whack by having different niches pop in and out of existence within a couple of months. Not nearly enough time to capitalize on for Bobby marketer who's just there for a paycheck, so they double down on some more set in stone niches. The whole hyper liberal feminist "woke" niche just happened to be around long enough for marketers to start considering it a niche that isn't going away and thus isn't volatile, a safe bet.

This is what happen when you go so deep down the rabbit hole of marketing lingo that you lose track of how to even do your job right.

Not as bad as it could be.
Don't be a faggot.

Confirmation bias? Love Death and Robots was VERY aimed at straight guys, for instance (yes there was that girl power short, but generally it was Titties The Series). Shazam and Endgame aren't aimed at women, either.

>early adulthood in New York City
Unlike the rest of you NERDS, I choose to be turned off by the idea of a show about twenty-somethings who can somehow afford to live in the heart of New York City.

Read on how Freeform has to air a religious show every day it’s the funniest shit

>Is that why all this SJW shit always fails then?

I mean, what do you count as "SJW shit"? Captain Marvel is closing on a billion, Us made five times its budget back already, Squirrel Girl seems to be doing fairly well on the comics front, too.

loser

Captain marvel had a huge loss of revenue and Disney was funneling money into theaters and buying up empty theaters, your point

I'm surprised Disney hasn't tried to just buy out the channel and/or renege upon the contract.
What's the 700 Club gonna do? Boycott the channel? Take Disney to court? Give the money back to them?

Don’t be an utter cuck
Literally everything is made for the feminists market now. Look at how fucked up Star Wars has gotten.
>let light hearted reddit superhero movies
Those are for stunted faggots who can’t grow up

If I were trapped in a world without men, I probably kill myself, or make a big sect and then make a Jonestownesque "sacrifice".

>No one can possibly like what I don't like
>Disney is faking it!
>It's all a conspiracy!
>A conspiracy, I tell you!

>The pinnicle of womens immagination is a being a 20 something middle class white chick in NYC or a world without men.

What did they mean by this

t. femanon (male)

They did like 2 years ago. They offered to match Robertson's yearly revenue and he still won't budge.

It's pretty cute and actually harmless. The show however might not be so

>The pinnicle of womens immagination

First, learn how to fucking spell. Second, this is some inoffensive bullshit for easy watching, it isn't the 2001 of feminist television

>Literally everything is made for the feminists market now

What about superhero movies like Shazam, and Ave-

>Those are for stunted faggots who can’t grow up

Oh, okay, so those don't count because you don't like them. What about Love, Death and Robots? Or, getting out of Yea Forums media, Game of Thrones or Netflix series like The Legend of Cocaine Island?

I assume The 700 Club is placed in the absolute worst time slot, then.

>4:00 am
>11:00 pm

just checked the schedule now, they're trying to bury it. This is why no one under 30 has cable anymore

So basically this?

Attached: 1cf66ac0-174c-479a-90d8-5a14948357aa_screenshot.jpg (854x480, 20K)

Makes sense.

>This is why no one under 30 has cable anymore
Makes less sense. Are you saying that people under 30 are the prime demographic for "The 700 Club" and Disney's efforts to bury the show are a reason why they've opted to discard cable in favor of alternatives?

I'm saying that the commercials, schedule shenanigans and the fact that half the runtime of a typical day is Reba reruns is why people under 30 don't use cable.

Or what about Fast and Furious?

>The pilot playfully answers the question “what would our world look like if men became extinct?”
I imagine it would go something like this
>women with the emotional hardness required to lead like Ayn Rand and Margaret Thatcher end up in charge
>nothing is efficient any more because most of the women spend their time bitching at and about each other and complain constantly about life being harder than it used to be
>all welfare and benefits are taken away by the empathy devoid libertarian/ancap female leaders to force women to work harder or die
>holocaust of the useless women happens within about five years

Think Y The last man, but without Y The Last Man.

And I think Secret Life, a show about a single teen mom, was their most popular show ever.

Or Godzilla: King of the Monsters? Or Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (or Tarantino movies generally)? Or Good Boys?

>tv shows
user, the entire television industry is built around and for women

That Paul Blart one made me chuckle.

So this is what the first show is based on.

instagram.com/betches

They just keep saying "that's me/you!" and "so true!" on every post. With some "yass girl, slayyyy" mixed in. I wonder if they will give the main characters these catch phrases or something.

>will follow three best friends and roommates as they navigate early adulthood in New York City together
Wow, what a groundbreaking idea.

I am pretty sure making women all bi would hetero-phobic.

is family guy really the right show for them to be starting this off on FREEFORM
only christians and women who've seen every disney and harry potter movie a thousand times watch this channel
i mean bobs burgers would have made more
see above

syfy, tbs, comedy central, and now freeform want to start adult animation but non of them have yet to really do anything
i mean the last time comedy central made a cartoon worth a damn was almost 10 years ago
and tbs has all their animated shows on hold

ok so the first one is sex and the city but YA #relatable and the second one is gonne be one of those shitty "soul healing" works

Honestly sounds like a bunch of really boring crap that'll touch just enough of the perceived progressive audience that media will call the shows revolutionary when it's pretty apparent they're not.

First one will be you're atypical small fishes in a big pond and the hijinx of trying to make it story where I'm sure there'll be a surface level message about female empowerment and some progressive cause that's fotm.

Second one is the tried and true what if all of x was gone formula. The spin will probably be that things are hard of course but overall better with no men around.

Meh. At this point this is to be expected. Just more cartoons I wont have interest in watching really.

>the world is purged of incompetent women
>only women left are the ones who are as competent as men, if not MORE
>outta nowhere god says "ok guys done" and un-raptures men back to earth
>now men and women are equally as competent
>humanity is ready to advance to the next stage as a species

Lel