What do you consider to be a LCS red flag?

What do you consider to be a LCS red flag?

Attached: B9EAB1FC-84FB-4F4D-BA37-8BE8B332CDFF.jpg (400x190, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/bernie-sanders-jeff-weaver-victory-comics/
newsarama.com/36750-retailers-become-heated-over-marvel-variants-diversity-in-closed-doors-nycc-panel.html
awesomecomicsonline.com/#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody on this board goes outside.

they sell out of the comic I want

Ladies night.

If they don't greet you at the door, or worse if they're not even behind the counter and instead are dicking around in the back playing magic or whatever.

>Ladies night.
How does a book store have a ladies night? What the fuck do they do together, sit on the floor and read?

fpbp

More space dedicated to Funko Pop displays than to actual comics.

>LCS
What's that?

Are you being ironic? Local Comic Store

I still think bob should have taken that kid to the government, nigga build rocket shoes at the age of 8.

Attached: but.png (480x480, 328K)

>LCS red flag
It's a LCS.

The store smells, serious. If you don't clean your store, I don't want to be anywhere near it.

No, just a retard. Haven't heard that acronym almost never and was distracted by the Incredibles img on the OP. Thought it was related to that somehow.

They throw parties for holidays where the owner's wife gets really drunk and touchy.

But that means that people in your area have the same taste as you. That’s a good thing.

Sounds based and sleazepilled.

The new copies of floppies on the wall are from three months ago and their trade collection is four copies each of the same half-dozen books.

>poorly lit
>disheveled and disorganized
>radio loudly playing political radio show
I fucking hate this town.

When they have odd hours because the owner can't be half-assed into actually opening the store on time.

>poorly lit
Comfy as fuck, actually.

MTG is a big flag in general. The customer base for that game is mostly composed of the most obnoxious people and because they usually make the store. so much money, it will slowly sell less and less of everything else.

>owner takes out shotgun and sets it in the counter with a stink eye as soon as I enter

>their trade collection is four copies each of the same half-dozen books.
let me guess the books
>infinity gauntlet
>dark knight returns
>watchmen
>kravens last hunt
>Captain America: Winter Solider
>court of owls

I fucking hate board game fags. They’re loud, annoying, and catered to while I’m trying to browse in peach. I can’t buy my weekly shit quickly because some fatass is buying another card pack

It was something like some random Marvel Essentials for some B-list character, Sinestro Corps War, some New 52 trade, a volume of The Walking Dead that wasn't the first or most recent, and one of the Batman evergreen books.

Funko Pops. If there's a few, okay but like an entire wall? Goodbye

>Mostly /tg/ games accompanied with the smell of /tg/ posters
>A pillar of Funko merchandise
>Mugs, notepads and other such last minute gift nonsense
>Stock isn't on rotation until it sells out
>Fuckall for trades
>No specials
>No holds
>No local artists / writers shelf
>Staff knows nothing about comics
>Recommendations are outright pushing floppies you know they got screwed on
>Kevin Smith runs the establishment

Attached: shotgun.png (587x585, 529K)

>Very few collectibles outside of Funko Pop
>Comics on shelf have visible damage
>They "might" have what your looking for in the "back" instead of just being honest and telling you that they either don't have it or sold it a week ago

I once had a guy try and sell me on the Batman King wedding shit until he ultimately admitted it was crap. Then at another store, the guy working the counter was trying to talk about shit that was only New 52 relevant

My town has a pretty large magic community, and I can probably count the people I genuinely dislike and would never want to see in public on one hand.
Most people I've met playing magic are well adjusted people.

Which shop is that? Asking for research purposes

>Kevin Smith runs the establishment
At least I’d be able to talk about hockey with someone.

A shop I used to go to in Florida. I'm gonna keep the name quiet though.

A lot of things in this thread is describing Gamestop

>Florida
Oh boi I’m close.

GameStop is the absolute bottom tier of novelty entertainment shops, it’s like a patient zero for how not to run a business.

Because both businesses have been forced to broaden their inventory to casual nerd shit to make a profit

The guy behind the counter wears merch belonging to only one comic book character such as Harley Quinn or Batman. If you walk in one week and he’s got a Harley shirt on, no big deal, if he has a different Harley shirt on each week then you have a weirdo, the kind who will take titles off your pull list because he doesn’t like certain characters.
Also, the boss/owner is never in the shop, that is a huge red flag to me.

The last one that I loyally frequented (over a decade ago now) I had a problem with comics constantly getting left out of my pull. I used to chalk it up to honest error, but noticed it was always key issues that would be missing. Also, occasionally I would have items special ordered from the catalog, such as a set of NECA TMNT figures, which I passed on at Comicon for a cheaper price because I had already committed to ordering it through my local shop. Later I found out from one of the clerks that it had arrived months ago, but the owner threw it on Ebay because it would sell for more than what they were supposed to charge me for it. And apparently, that's also why I was constantly missing key issues from my pull. Generally speaking, if the baseline of my purchases is consistently going unfulfilled, it's now the biggest of red flags for me.

>Also, the boss/owner is never in the shop, that is a huge red flag to me.
This definitely, you should be able to identify the owner without asking.

What kind of dickbag fucks with a pull list? That’s just poor business practice. You’re there to sell comics and make a profit, regardless of taste

What a fucking asshole. Did you get your money back? Because that’s technically illegal

MTG and speculators are a huge one. Luckily my shop of choice has no MTG section and they don’t let speculators buy too many of the same issue (it’s how I scored my copy of Batman damned)

If it's inhabited by "THOSE" people.

Illegal in California, by the way. Got a ticket for it.
t. bar manager

>Hanging out with my friends at the local comic shop
>We go there on our free time to play card games because it's a convenient place with space set up for it
>Some guy comes in and starts lookin at the comics, but we don't pay much attention because we're into our game
>Friend notices that whenever we get excited about a play the guy turns from the comic shelves and glares at us then goes back to fumbling through comics on the shelf
>Think it's weird, but whatever
>Go to the counter to buy a soda from their cooler
>As I'm placing my drink on the counter by the register to pay, comic guy comes up behind me and sighs heavily
>The clerk rings up my drink and I ask for a couple packs of Magic cards
>Guy behind me groans in exasperation
>I pay for my cards and drink and go back to hang out with my friends
>Neckbeard comic guy waddles out of the store with a stack of comics in his arms giving me the stink eye as he leaves

oh my god thats like barnes and noble tier shit

I didn't actually pay for it yet, as all special orders are on a pay on arrival system, which is why I didn't want to buy it somewhere else and screw him. So technically not illegal, because it wasn't owned, but still a dick move on his part.

I remember I walked into my LCS, and the chubby Mexican dude behind the counter was looking at e621 on his phone. That was the shortest time I ever spent browsing in a LCS.

Why is Ladies Night illegal in California?

If their back catalogue/long boxes consists mostly of unsold event comics/tie ins of the last 4 years

>THOSE people
reminds me, i was a convention a few months ago and i was at a bad fanfic reading and two guys kept on heckling and interrupting the readers to make really inappropriate jokes about like childhood cancer and rape jokes.
>oh man, my immortal is almost as bad pediatric leukemia!
fucking cringe inducing.

Attached: EVENTS ARE OCCURING.png (720x720, 907K)

>Cardfaggot trying to make everyone else the fat autist
Kek

should've had a gay night

Attached: cant_you_read_the_sign.jpg (400x259, 25K)

it’s sex based discrimination. Honestly, I agree with that verdict, it makes sense at gyms and other things that involve skimpy clothes but bars? Bookstores? That’s fucked. and I say that as a female.

Sells nothing but cape books.

>can't enjoy a comic shop because he's distracted by the "distracting loud noises" of others socializing with a card game
>claims not to be the autist

Wait, does ladies night mean that only ladies can be there? I thought they were meant to encourage more ladies to show up with like, special deals or something, which would in turn encourage more men to show up because more women.

Is this even real? Where the fuck do you live where that’s even possible? literally every LCS on earth sells walking dead

Being a loud obnoxious fuck is frowned upon in most situations. Doesn’t help when I’m shopping 3 fatasses reeking of BO wobble past me making recycled Reddit jokes either. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to wait on the register guy dicking around in the back with you guys. I’m a reasonable, patient man, but even I have limits

Depends on the store, but it generally implies either “women only” or “women get free shit”

The first comic shop I ever went to frequently had longboxes filled mostly with random independent publisher comics. It was how I discovered Usagi Yojimbo through issues from the Fantagraphic run.

>FUCK WHY CANT I GET MUH MANGO WEEB SHIT AT THE LCS
>RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don’t even play MTG but I can still appreciate the sounds of people having fun.

I have the reverse problem, a large portion of the non-big 2 stock is mango. I just want my damn horror books.

Ladies night either means "no boys allowed" (so you don't have to interact with horny idiots hitting on you) or "pay less for drinks" at bars so a chick clique buys more overall.

>horny idiots hitting on you at the LCS

that would be terrifying

I bet its my store

What is considered loud and obnoxious is subjective to the situation. A comic shop isn't up to the same standards as say, a library or a campus. And generally speaking, when it does get to the point of being loud because a large group is there, that is usually for a planned event, and so you should know the shop's schedule to plan your visits around such inconveniences.

The clerk taking people into the back and not doing his job is on the fault of the employee and not the customers and you should tell the owner about it instead of making passive aggressive posts on an anonymous message board.

And that’s fine, I’m not a wet blanket or anything, it just gets tiring sometimes given certain people. It’s possible I’ve just had bad experiences/luck compared to your shops. Which if your store is cool then more power to you

Furries are welcomed there

That’s fair

I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what happens at LCS' these days

>it’s like a patient zero for how not to run a business
Except they've managed to stay in business despite providing a service that is easily replaced elsewhere.
Best Buy or other big box retailers I can at least understand existing. When buying a TV or a camera it can help to have someone explain to you what you're getting. But why do people still go to Game Stop?

>Was at LCS
>Girl was talkin about Uranus being visible that night
>Is going to have a little party for the event because she wants to put the "Fun" in "Uranus"
>I say "I'd like to put some things in Uranus too"

I stand by my decision.

I understand a bar having a ladies’ night though, with the risk of drink spiking and dudes getting drunk and aggressive, but I guess the latter is what bouncers are for.

I gave a blowjob to a regular in the bathroom of my LCS. I regret it, but he bought me a $300 Kotobukiya, and some variants for a comic I like, so I can't complain. He's there every Friday for FNM, so I never go there on Fridays.

based

Curse you for making me feel the shame you clearly don't.

Attached: stop.jpg (456x386, 81K)

Why Syndrome and Mr. Incredible so similar? I've always thought they were brothers or something.

I've heard a similar story involving a G1 Transformer and Craigslist.

This thread says more about LCS costumers than LCS themselves.

What if he's the illegitimate son? Gasp.

Dammit, where the fuck are all these transformers babes I keep hearing about?

The comic store I frequent has more miles morales trades than peter Parker. It’s oretty annoying since I’m buying the trades for Spencer’s run and they don’t even have it

>cosplayers or people who dress up as their favorite superhero to go to the lcs

listen senpai i know you like batman but ffs please no, its not a convention. my lcs is in between 2 major universities and an HBCU so theres a ton of retarded geeks and nerds who go there.

also people who go to the lcs on free comic day and ask stupid shit like
>is this signed copy of the first issue of dark knight returns free?

>cosplayers or people who dress up as their favorite superhero to go to the lcs
I refuse to believe that's happened on a non-event day. I see people cosplay on FCBD, but that's it.

Its mostly younger people who are in highschool or first or second year of college who'll dress up like spiderman or deadpool. I think its because they think itll get them attention and stuff. I blame the marvel cinematic universe for this.

I think in the story in question the user was a dude who was propositioned by another, older dude.

I had a LGS that opened up, where the owner would mostly be playing computer games while running the shop. He went out of business quickly.

If you don't greet your customers, they'll remember they can just buy everything online anyway.

What's worse; a clerk who talks to someone at the start of the line as hes checking them out and wasting the peoples in the rest of the lines time, or a clerk who barely acknowledges the customer and only tells them their total when they check out?

Attached: 53607392_394061078074429_6376744171393397058_n.jpg (640x640, 81K)

This. Funko Pops are like a terminal cancer on an LCS, they start on one shelf, then before you know it half the shop is filled with them. And when that bubble bursts, which it will, they're going to kill their hosts.

If people are talking, having fun, that's how you build a community. A niche store needs that, if you fail to engage people, they'll find other places to buy stuff. Most people don't go to the LCS or whatever in a super rush, so clerks should take time if customers want to talk.

If you can't find a middle ground, and keeping your talking short enough while efficiently ringing them up, neck yourself and work on the floor or in the stockroom. For me, ringing someone up while talking takes the same amount of time as without talking.
Leave the register to the professionals. I'm getting promoted to supervisor next week for my efficiency and customer service.

>Kevin Smith
The Stash is nice though

The owner of my LCS, who was always a shifty-looking jerk, did time for drug dealing.

>Couple days ago playing for spot in top 8
>Trying to go off with Phoenix, which requires significant counting and proper sequencing
>Some nerd and his friends walk up to new releases, which is right next to our table
>He finds whatever it is he's looking for and starts obnoxiously shouting "yaas!"
Also, we fucking hate it when we're waiting 10 extra minutes for the next round to go up because you're buying picture books.

This. More than any of the other shit.

If they have month old floppies on the wall and not in a bargain box tread carefully they're likely not doing well. It'd be like walking into a market and seeing expired food.

>mtgfag trying his best
Why are you on Yea Forums faggot?

I used to buy comics until I started playing magic, but I still pirate the stuff I enjoy reading

>no holds
If they don't offer to pull books for you they aren't a comic shop, they're scumbags who don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Pull lists got a terrible reputation because of autistic owners who don't understand what "pull" means. It doesn't mean add one more to the order, it means you take one of the order off the shelf. This way if the puller never comes back you haven't adjusted your order to them.

Also don't pull more than one issue on a row of each title.

Instead dumbasses have gotten rid of pulls this killing subscriptions and discounts and return (weekly/monthly) customers. They're idiots

When I walk in and they think I don't know shit about comics because I'm a buff black dude but once I correct them we're usually good.

I have had almost the exact opposite experience. Once I entered my LCS with a small cut on my arm that was bleeding something vigorous while I was completely oblivious to it. I noticed it and rushed into the bathroom to wipe the blood off and had a quick laugh with the store owner.
The next time I went in he said “I sure hope you’re not bleeding this time” and responded with “thankfully not- I think”.
Turns out everyone else there thought it was an incredibly brazen period joke.

This is fucking nuts, I literally cannot imagine opening the door to my LCS to see a dude in full Batman regalia sitting down with a soft drink. Sounds surreal.

It’s a community hotspot, not a fast food place.

>a line
>in your LCS
Just be thankful yours has that many customers.

Where do you live?

My town FINALLY got a LCS back in December, it's pretty cool other than all the funko pops lining the walls. But I can't really complain since normies eat that shit up and it probably makes the store a lot of money.

I forgive that if it's a young store.

The story is that I picked up my pull list at the time, which was basically Flash, Carnage, And Spider-Man and Deadpool, while there I saw Volume 1 of Ostrander’s Suicide Squad, so I picked that up too. The clerk in question saw what I was buying and tried to get me to buy the New 52 SS instead, his reasoning being it’s an overall better comic with writer that wasn’t outdated, good art, and best of all, Harley Quinn, he was very adamant that I get New 52 because Harley doesn’t ever appear in Ostrander’s. I said no, paid for my stuff and left, some months later I pick up Volume 2, and again he tries to get me to buy New 52 again, again I decline and tell him that I’m not a fan of Harley and don’t want to support the titles she’s starring in. I guess that really upset him because when I came back the next week he had taken SM/DP off my pull list and told me that Deadpool is an awful character and people should be buying his comics. I was annoyed, but didn’t say anything to him, but did let his boss know, the following week I find out that that kid is no longer working the register at all and was busted down to being the janitor for the cinema (the local cinema also housed the comic shop at the time) and the owner paid for the issue of SM/DO I missed and the one that followed. Kid was a total cunt man.

They sell Magic cards.

Try finding one that doesn’t.

I don't think you realize how much money Magic brings in

Yu-Gi-Oh! has been doing better than it in the past decade. Nothing with R&D's been right since Innistrad and it shows in sales.

Secondary market still pulls in tons of money. I see far more stores holding mtg locals than YGO

California is garbage

>female

you mean a woman, right?

“Woman’ on Yea Forums implies a trans woman, ‘female’ denotes an actual vag.

As a big YGO fan, I think you're bullshitting. Definitley MTG has declined but YGO is a shell of its former self.

I don't speak autism

Fair enough.

Not even kind of you fuckin moog

He’s an autistic casual fanboy

What

Their manga section is small and mostly toonami shonen titles.

Pretty much, the look he gave me when I told him I’m not a fan of Harley was priceless, just left him speechless, really glad the owner didn’t let that shit slide either.

The smaller the manga section the larger the American indie section, at least that’s what I’ve noticed.

yugioh players are much, much worse

cash only

If I walk in and see a female, whether she be an employee or a customer, I turn around and walk straight back out the door.

I'm sure they appreciate it.

Believe it or not, I've heard sobs break out as I shake my head and leave.

LGBTQIA night.

Especially when they started banning white men from entering the store during the 2 hours they set aside. (They "officially closed" the store to not run foul of legal discrimination charges)

The shop is barely alive now.

Based and volcelpilled.

Just the opposite. YGO has been pulling in rather good numbers the last few years. (For all the bitching about the Link mechanic, it actually has helped stabilize the game a bit)

While it's still a ways off from pure Magic numbers, WOTC has been bungling the property badly the last 5 years. R&D has been a mess and they had a major social justice purge happen. (This is one of the reasons why people expect board games to be the next hobby hit)

Yu-Gi-Oh cards have nearly no resale value because all cards are reprinted to death. The only cards LGS/LCS hold are top tier meta cards they know sells within a week for a small amount of profit. They won't try stocking any other cards because it'll be an overall detriment to their profit. From my experience, the YGO crowd usually pushes away the usual community because there's no overlap in interests. They only stick to YGO.
MTG on the other hand has more overall value, more sellable cards, and a demographic with a higher budget. The community is more willing to play other games and support the shop. Like the other user said, the secondary market is what makes all the money, not selling the newest set.

Attached: BB6F4057-0DFC-4F48-B542-F96D8FF5BFF1.jpg (480x480, 24K)

Look up Victory Comics in the Northern VA area.

Huh. You win.

Attached: D07ACD5C-0897-4F00-A8C8-CF5595E9C249.jpg (666x168, 18K)

don't have ladies night, you don't want ladies
You want HOT ladies dressed hotly. Filter by that
Have 'high heels night' or 'sexy dress night'
Sure some dudes will wear random things and want a free drink ticket or whatever, but they've earned it. Meanwhile sexy dress women will still come in.

Yeah, you’re not gonna get that at an LCS. Maybe you’ll get ten women in sweatpants and high heels, or dresses worn over casual clothes.

I actually know that shithole!

The owner is a major player in the Democratic national committee. He actually worked for the Bernie campaign back in 2016. motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/bernie-sanders-jeff-weaver-victory-comics/

It's just as fucked as OP describes it. They have a pair of dyke lesbians who are insanely passive aggressive and drive away customers. (Fun drama: the old manager was threatened to leave or they would have #Metoo'd him) Plus they pissed away the guy who gave them their Pokemon TCG Saturday/Sundays.

I saw EVS at an LCS in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen copies of Jawbreakers in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the comics and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each comic and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Attached: evs.png (634x494, 502K)

What if you're a white man who cannot stop sucking cocks?

>LGBTQIA night.

Yeah, no way that's rea...

Holy fuck. I weep for the people who live in that area who are going to lose their LCS.

Go start a blog if you want to blog faggot.

You have to suck one live to prove you’re legit.

Redwood is that you?

Shame it's a little ways off from Norfolk. I'd pay it a visit just for laughs.

>Go to LCS to buy a specific trade
>One of the workers notices you picking it up and starts gushing about it assuming you don't know what it is
>You let him go through and pretend he's the one who convinced you to buy it because you're too polite to tell him you know this all already.

This ever happen to anyone else here?

STFU newfag, that's some spicy premium pasta right there, you ungrateful cur

When the owner lives in the backroom.

Attached: mikuattack.jpg (800x549, 118K)

Is that just advanced squatting?

What if the owner lives in one of the display cases?

My usual flags are:

Shop being in a state of disrepair. I'm original from the Hampton Roads area in Virginia and it got depressing to see shops that literally had books rotting in their longboxes because the staff couldn't give a damn to clean up or turn on the AC. (Virginia becomes the front porch of hell during summers. Insane humidity)

Shops that barely order books and focus on being game/hobby shops.

Shops where SJW/hipster influence is high. (This is usually only bad in the Northeast and California)

The smell, if there is a strong smell of mold it’s a no go for me

I miss my LCS. Had a large room in the back for tabletop and card games, soundproofed to ensure less trouble to all areas. The front half had many smaller tables to sit and read in. Also bought and sold used games(SNES and PS era) Owner was also clerk who seemed to care about all his customers, not just the tabletop fags or DC/Marvel fags. Only issue was there was no toilet, had to go three doors down to use one.

We've all heard them. Try to hold it in next time.

Its pasta, genius

>not saving money by living where you work

Bad signs
>When the owner gives you an audible sound of disgust over which comic you are buying
>When the owner has more funko pops than comic books
>nothing is fucking labeled

Good signs
>Owner is very polite and offers “if you like this, I also recommend X” and other tips
>Is actually knowledgeable about finding runs, general comic continuity
>Has those big white boxes with hundreds of comics, organized with names that are easily locateable
>Carries a wide range, not just the Big 2

Attached: 4A84BD55-40CC-4EA4-8E31-27D7136B06EE.jpg (345x397, 28K)

>ywn make women cry with your braps

>had books rotting in their longboxes

I've seen this before. It's really common in old early 90's comics before the switchover to glossy paper.

The humidity and high temperatures in the South absolutely destroys paper. Some shops have such slim margins that they can't afford AC during the really hot months.

>tfw live in Florida
>tfw you buy a used book and the spine cracks like a knuckle when you open it
>tfw the front cover slips off halfway through The Inheritors
Fuck it.

>cash only
This is a red flag for ANY kind of business imo.
It's 2019. You can get a card reader that plugs into your phone FOR FREE. At least take debit cards - it costs you almost nothing.

>You let him go through and pretend he's the one who convinced you to buy it because you're too polite to tell him you know this all already
You know that makes you the autist, right?
That's a good opportunity to chat about a new shared interest you found with a stranger.

>Is actually knowledgeable about finding runs, general comic continuity
I love owners/workers who know about what's happening in comics, even when they clearly don't read all the titles. Shows that they at least spend time with the previews to stay up to date.

>The humidity and high temperatures in the South absolutely destroys paper.

>YFW you walk into a shop and everything that isn't basically brand new is yellowed heavily.

This is one of the reasons I eventually went digital.

What kind of shithole do you go to that doesn't have a manga section?

Do you go to a Barnes and Noble?

Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man. FP's selection is regular bookstore sized, TM's is like 30% of their total stock. Why wouldn't they sell manga in a comic shop? Do you go to Dobson's LCS?

The owner is a furry.

yea pretty much, sit, chat, read, drink wine. my lcs had a ladies night coordinated with cap marvel premier. drank, ate, read, and chatted, then walked to the theatre and watched it. the aim is to make the space feel more accessible to women, since comic culture is perceived as masculine

Nothing has a price tag and when you ask about something the owner looks it up on Ebay and Amazon then ups the asking price there by 25%

I ask them if they support comicsgate.
If the answer is no, I turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away.

Attached: comicsgaters.png (933x633, 1.2M)

Wait is there a meta comic about CG?

What if they say ‘who cares?’

Or claim that they haven't heard of it?

>LCS owners, whose job relies on them selling comics, doesn't care about how abysmally shitty the two main comic publishers have become
Then they clearly don't care about their own business, so it's still not worth going into.
newsarama.com/36750-retailers-become-heated-over-marvel-variants-diversity-in-closed-doors-nycc-panel.html

At least the hurricane didn't wipe you out. Totally obliterated mine.

Attached: 0026f65ba662ddff5e5851dba4e10dda241ea77b3bee53d344c11eaef25b8fd2.jpg (700x1049, 244K)

Why does this remind me of that one wikihow picture?

Attached: cb7.jpg (700x500, 65K)

>drink wine
>trying to bring in normie chicks with wine and not cute geeky girls with food shaped like comic refrences and drink that is half food coloring and vodka named something like unicorn vomit.

>masculine

There is nothing masculine about adventure time and MLP having their own damn comic series. Comics are barely masculine as is. Also there is nothing wrong with it being masculine. Comic fans should not have to change for normies. Girls like explosions and muscled men too. I actually cringe at the terrible kidish art styles full of pastel colors. But I'm a fan of darkhorse so what the hell do I know about other women's tastes.

>trying to bring in normie chicks with wine and not cute geeky girls with food shaped like comic refrences
I’ll be honest neither of those things sound like a good idea. The kind of people who would willingly go to a ‘ladies night’ are going to be a small niche of the women who go to a certain LCS.

Yes

You do understand that although it isn't wrong to be masculine, having a heavily masculine culture can drive women away? Trying to be more welcoming to others by having set times where its toned down is fine and fosters growth for a shop. Don't be exclusionary to a hobby.

Wtf

MTG fucking ruined every comic shop I've been to. Even the ones that used to be good ended up turning into MTG hubs eventually. I used to know one with helpful, friendly staff and a really active and large stock--soon as they brought MTG in the staff inexplicably started acting like huge assholes and never had anything but the most basic of stock.

>debit cards
Even weed stores take them now.
Based weed store.

My LCS gives 10% off anything on your pull list as well as trades.

Attached: 1528004836348.png (1500x1000, 2.37M)

Not even a red flag that's flashing police lights in your rear view mirror level of red flag

My store only allows magic on Friday nights after the store is closed. My boss understands what they're like.

>>Staff knows nothing about comics
flag doesn't get any redder than this

They have a kids play area.
Double flags if there are toys.

I fucking hate this website

If anyone in here lives near Haverhill Massachusetts check out a place called Comic Book Palace.

Attached: 53e86d34068d3.preview-620.jpg (620x490, 60K)

There's a store about half an hour out from where I live that's only open 3 days a week for four hours a day.
It's never open on Wednesday, only takes cash, and the owner will change his mind about what's on sale all the time.
I'm pretty sure it's a money laundering front.

There are two shops around my area that do large scale Magic events.
One was originally mainly focused around comics and tabletop RPGs and picked up Magic. The players there are scummy, unwashed, dregs and the owner of the shop will fleece you for every cent if he can.
The second started off entirely card game focused and has almost no comics whatsoever. The players there are agreeable, reasonable people and the owner has the benevolence of a saint.

It must be something about the process of becoming a card shop from a comic shop that spoils it.

Stick around, you'll pick it up!

>10% off pulls
Literally every shop should offer at least that.

I don't see why pulls are such a hard concept for shops to implement.

You tell this exact story in every LCS thread and it never gets old.

enthusiastically talking to the person before you in line and barely acknowledging you

Are we shilling our LCS now?

If you're in dallas:
awesomecomicsonline.com/#/

This is literally their best picture online, because they're a classic comic shop and dgaf about photos

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.32.19 PM.png (1410x1060, 2.78M)

>in a yugioh event
>the nigga youre up against is running madolche

how fucked are you?

Attached: HairyAdoredIrishredandwhitesetter-mobile.jpg (640x368, 18K)

He's probably already stolen your collection and is planning on mugging you in the parking lot
So, reasonably fucked.

combat his weebfaggotry with furfaggotry

whip out "fur hire"

Attached: 1553232386064.png (468x702, 314K)

>move to a new town for a year-long contract
>see online that they have an LCS in town
>pretty random selection of trades on their website, must be a clearance section
>Visit the store, see that it actually moved half a block down the street into a smaller location.
>turns out those trades online WERE the main stock of the store, and are all selling for MSRP
>floppies on the wall are two months old.
>the rest of the store is six longboxes of assorted stuff in the middle.
Yeah, that place is doomed.

Oh yeah no there's a card shop a town over that's super great. They have great stock, insanely friendly staff, and are willing to help you get started if you want to try a new and different card game. I've only ever had this problem with places that didn't start as TCG. I'm assuming its a money thing. They started out doing what they wanted with their business and they still are so they aren't as monumentally unfriendly about it. LCS isn't very profitable anymore so a lot of these people are just turning to TCG to manage sales issues.

So my LCS has started to cater to people who play the Final Fantasy card game, are they going to basically be the new MTGfags?

I love places like that. I never got into MTG but had a friend want me to check it out. So he sent me to a local card shop and it was a great experience. I just go in, say "I'm looking to learn about Magic so I can play with my friend" and the dude is like "alright - here's a starter deck, a D20, and a pen for you to get started" all for free. We then chatted a bit about the game, how I might like to play, etc.

I never ended up sticking with it, because TCGs just aren't really my thing, but the shop was fantastic. Seemed like there were a lot of regulars.

Turns out when you care about your customers and their hobbies things go well for your store... who woulda thought?

I thought that game was already dead

Damn dude that sounds like the tits.

No lights, cash only

Is there a gun over the door from the inside? I think I’ve been there once.

>comic shop
>not open on wednesdays
that's like having a movie theater closed on weekends

If there was I haven't noticed. It's in Florida, if that narrows it down for you.

>It's never open on Wednesday
How do they persist? Are they the only thing in town?

Shit I've gotta check this one out thanks man.

Up near the panhandle? Small world, what the fuck.

Yep. Sun comics.
Just looked them up, apparently they closed some time in the last year.

>No lights
I went into a completely normal bookstore that had nothing but blacklights in it.

it's Read More isn't it.

Are you people ok?

>>When the owner gives you an audible sound of disgust over which comic you are buying
fuck that guy and fuck gatekeepers
>>When the owner has more funko pops than comic books
i blame "le ebin nerd culture'
>>nothing is fucking labeled
this pisses me off, especially at cons. would it kill them to label boxes as A, B, C etc or at least label the boxes by publisher?

kino youtube series

what do you think? we live in florida. of course not

>ITT FLORIDA MAN BUYS COMICS

>the first red flag came when I saw the alligator in a Batman shirt behind the counter
>the second red flag came when he told me they didn’t preorder trades.
Fuckin gators man.

Attached: C5DE8401-4C75-40C0-A62C-8446C8D233D4.jpg (1024x576, 144K)

Comic posters blocking the windows of shops are the most aesthetically pleasing.

>floridians
>tank hurricanes on a regular basis
>resist mosquito swarms in the hot months (all but february)
>hottest state in the union, residents are resistant to sun's cancer rays
>clearly worst comic shops in the nation
>diet consists of 40% cocaine
>successfully contained the bath salts zombie outbreak
>any interstate is a mad max fury road simulator
>alligators below 15 feet are an annoyance at most
>if a floridian does ever end up in trouble, John Morgan is there with two half-nude women and a pound of weed to save the day
>everyone you know is on every type of drug imaginable
>residents are literally one icecap melt away from drowning, don't give a fuck

Florida truly is a magical place

WotC straight up furnishes stores with free introductory stuff like starter decks and dice for them to give to anyone that expresses interest in playing. What's giving away 60 cards when they're banking on you buying hundreds or even thousands of them once you've gotten acquainted?

>resist mosquito swarms in the hot months (all but february)
Eh, they’re normally okay from Nov-March. It’s the deerflies that make you want to take flacca or some shit.

Can we extend this to any merchandise? The one I go to somehow found a way to drown itself in a a metric shitload of pricy tat and instead of getting rid of that shit they decided to take down half their books to make room. How fucking embarrassing, they can't even be bothered to check the back either because it's all packed up tight.

>Silence
I hate being able to hear people breathing as they read or dudes spilling their spaghetti trying to talk to the girl at the counter.

Attached: 0F8C2266-60AB-4D39-891E-5F59BC54DE01.jpg (208x236, 16K)

ok incel

>cheap or free drinks for women so they get drunk faster
>a downside
Pick one.

New owners

Owners shouldn't be giving their opinion unless you directly ask what they recommend. To many spergs run these places

>>alligators below 15 feet are an annoyance at most

Alligators are scaly puppies. No true Floridian pays them any mind.

>The owner is a major player in the Democratic national committee.
>He actually worked for the Bernie campaign back in 2016.
Choose one.

>Reading in a comic shop
People do this?

Attached: ff98969b-3c93-4320-b325-01d98ee1b88c.jpg (1244x1920, 1.67M)

I thought yugioh started to die off with the advent of pendulum summoning and the new mat rules that came after it. Dont even get me started on this link shit

That's an LGS, not an LCS.

Yea. It’s quite common.

>But why do people still go to Game Stop?
I can't speak for anyone else but I actually have no local video game stores, just a GameStop, and I live in a fairly big town. I don't really go there much due to having mostly digital games on the PC, but I can see how my local console players give them business.

Walmart has the same shit cheaper.

Maybe, like I said I wouldn't know

Selling food. Not like soft drinks, but like donuts and shit.

My LCS used to sell chips, Oreo, and Cup Ramen.

>buff

p-pics?

Attached: E00AEE64-7223-4CB6-A6BA-F256FF4AC139.gif (250x235, 259K)

Shut the fuck up and go play football with the other losers.

The virgin fears the Tyrone.

No, it isn't.

If you think so your LCS experience comes from watching Big Bang Theory.

I don’t know how to prove to you that I’ve been to two separate LCS where people did this but okay.

Attached: B9BEC926-314D-43B1-B056-3EA0FAB04F13.jpg (800x450, 76K)

I don't see how men having hobby items that cater to them is a problem. Every product has a target.
I don't whine that make up products only show women in the advertising. What if a guy wants to wear mascara because he's emo or something?

Attached: 9B0A4701-C8A4-428B-AA82-21676C02CCE1.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

Also this.

Attached: 6BB3BAD9-A768-45CA-BE7B-B702988A536F.jpg (700x701, 67K)

Nice, Tyrone.
You are too lame to know the exact publishing date of the real Fawcett Captain Marvel. But I bet you love Peyton Manning and know when did he stopped playing baseball!

The knitting community is too male. We need to give men free yarn.

>quickly googles both

>LCS only ever orders one of any mignolaverse trade
>Sells them to his friend on Tuesday when he gets them so I can't ever get them on Wednesday when they are supposed to be for sale.
>Tell him I buy every mignolaverse trade so it would be nice if he would order at least two.
>He never increases his orders.

I'm straight not allowed to even attempt to buy this stuff at his store so fuck it, Amazon is right there.

Same guy also got EXTREMELY condescending when he found out what I do for a living.

What do you do?

I own a business that designs and manufactures third party toy accessories for the toy collector market.

Which is apparently something that I should get baby talked to over by a man who sells funny books for a living.

Why are most men so averse to taking care of their faces these days? Fags do it and they're picking up super hot guys. Literal kings used to wear make-up and wigs back in ye olden days and commoners fawned over how majestic they looked. Fuck it I'm gonna get me some skin care products.

>be a successful business owner
>reee I don’t like the way you’re making money
Fuck that shit, you do you.

>not having multiple interests
I /tg/ Yea Forums /toy/ Yea Forums and other things not Yea Forums related

If his LCS also sold merch (as most do) you'd think he would be smart enough to realise the overlapping consumer base you both share. Too bad he'd rather be a condescending faggot that hates money instead.

He does sell toy merchandise.

My last straw on that was when I ran into that LCS owner at a launch party for another person's business product (Which was also a toy) and he did it to me right in front of a bunch of professional people I knew.

Literally looked right at me and went
>Do you still make those widdle things?

In a baby talk voice.

I'd been a customer at his store for 15 years prior to that and that was an immediate end to that.

What the absolute fuck.

I can't believe he's been in business for so long with that attitude. How the fuck.

Walmart doesn't have any games older than PS3.

Guy is a middle aged ex surfer/skater who had his parents pay for his business to get started. He doesn't have any idea how to actually treat people in a professional manner, only like he's still in high school and popular.

He's lucky there wasn't a competing comic store in the area for a loooooong time or he would have had his ass beat decades ago.

I was also a fairly serious customer, like I would buy expensive golden age books off this guy when he'd get in collections.

I don't condone using any of this information and in fact I heavily condemn it.

Attached: ruining lives.png (1132x4640, 176K)

Zero attempt at customer interaction or offer of assistance to people who walk in.
Gone into some without so much as a welcome. This is a business if you want $35 worth of glossy paperbacks to leave your store you gotta make some attempts at selling. Ask if they need help finding something, be knowledgeable to at least be able to recommend something to someone. Don't be unwilling to find out what you can order for someone so you don't have a sale go to Amazon instead, and a customer will remember the effort you put in and BAM you got a repeat customer maybe even new customers through positive review.

I don't think I've ever seen a LCS in Australia. It's a shame, they sound comfy.

>tfw no more Craigslist classifieds and most other resources here probably also dead
The old world is dead. This does about as much damage as casting a plague upon their crops.

Attached: 1482517775474.png (631x848, 375K)

>it makes sense at gyms and other things that involve skimpy clothes
No, it fucking doesn't. Nobody is fucking making anyone at the gym wear skimpy clothing. They choose to wear yoga pants that are choking the life out of their pussy and then get mad at anybody who enjoys the show

This picture is comepltely inaccurate- he’s smiling.

We’re always on fire so don’t forget that

Now that I think about it, yes, most of that is obsolete. Not hard to find similar info though, even today.

My red flag? The store genuinely thinks we are in a "golden age of comics" and that they are the best they have ever been and genuinely believes this, not just trying to push sales.

Also no back issues older than the 90s.

The only think I've learned from this thread is that I want to move to Florida.

Attached: 1533910998895.jpg (1920x1080, 976K)

Frankly, those "tactics" would only work in 3rd world shithole or/and USA.

Being a store dedicated to comics, instead of a bookstore that also happens to have an aisle or two of comics.

>work out in jeans
>that’s against the gym rules
You fucking retard.

In terms of the indie market this is 100% true.

>what are jersey shorts
Are you fucking stupid?

There are literally a million different ways to dress that doesn't involve wearing skin tight spandex you absolute fucking autist. How fucking stupid are you? Girls could literally just wear the same shit men wear and reveal nothing. Are you fucking retarded?

Literally drug dealer business practices. Amazing.

Hey if it works—

I am a man and I like wine

If you like wine you are 100% more masculine than someone who wants themed novelty snacks at a get together.

I find it hard to get hooked by playing those crappy 30 card decks they hand out for free.

Having America by gabby Rivera on their must read shelf

Nah that's not how it works. You take that 30 card deck and presumably play against someone with more experience. And since TCG players are some of the most egotistical people in the world they'll play some fucking Exodia combo against you. Then you get interested in the interesting combo decks (not knowing enough about the meta or systems to know if it's actually fun (it's not)) and that's where the TCG hook starts.

Happens literally nowhere.
but it is sitting untouched in the back catalogue of my LCS

Why wouldn't he be smiling? He has pubsubs
t. Floridian that jogs at 2 am

Attached: 1553833121546.jpg (891x597, 141K)

Based Glenn

Based and Publixpilled

fucking upper middle class scum. go jogging around here at 2am and you'll run into fake yuppies in the main parts of town and clubs and get a gun pulled on ya anywhere else, unless you own enough land to keep your jogging to yourself.

t. central floridian

>jog in anywhere from Orlando to Fort Myers
>it’s nice
It’s not my fault you live in a shit town.