What are Grant Morrison essential reads?

What are Grant Morrison essential reads?

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 5K)

2 off the top of my head are

all star superman

and his Doom Patrol run

The Filth

The Invisibles, All-Star Superman and his Batman run (Arkham Asylum and Gothic too.)

Supergods is well worth it if you like him as a person.

Flex Mentallo is really interesting and you don't need to have any background in anything to read it.

Seaguy is obscure but really funny and short, it's essentially two mini-series but it's incomplete, there's another 3 parter waiting to be drawn.

If you like DC, I would definitely recommend the Seven Soldiers. If you like Superman, I would suggest the three trades that make up the Action Comics run from the New 52 that he wrote.

real madrid

I unironically love Final Crisis.

I'd feel pretty safe calling him the best writer of our era and he's put in a lot of work. All of these are essential in some way or another so just pick what's most interesting to you:

>Action Comics
>All-Star Superman
>Animal Man
>Arkham Asylum
>Batman: Gothic
>Bat Epic
>Doom Patrol
>Final Crisis
>Flex Mentallo
>The Invisibles
>JLA
>Multiversity
>New X-Men
>Seaguy
>Seven Soldiers
>We3

All Star Superman. (It's a legit contender for one of the greatest Superman stories told)

Most of his Batman run. Including Gothic and Arkham Asylum. (He gets the character quite well and it able to write each villain as if they are actually speaking in their own voice.)

Michael Moorcock's Multiverse
Alan Moore's From Hell
Peter Milligan's Paradax
Bryan Talbot's Luther Arkwright
Works of Robert Anton Wilson and Aleister Crowley

Morrison is better than Moorcock (almost all of the time) and Milligan (very often)

tee hee hee

What does From Hell have to do with him? As far as I know Moore and Moorcock are the only butthurt ones and it's because Moore probably talked Moorcock into it.

I liked From Hell the first time Morrison wrote under the name Moore

Moorecock”s mad that Grant did an homage to Jerry Cornelius in the invisbles- and credited him in the comic with being the inspiration for it. Moorcock and moore are both unrepentant pastichers so its likely just projection.

DP, as I have said before, got me to stop shitposting in these Grant Morrison threads. I miss it.

In some interview Eddie Campbell jokes that Morrison was at one point basing his work on what he'd heard Moore had announced he was working on. Supposedly (and keep in mind this is Campbell taking the piss, not literally going after him) Morrison heard about From Hell, being a psychogeographic exploration around the Ripper murders, and he went out and started working on his own version of it, which was Bible John.

Are there any books from other writers I should read to complement this list?

Attached: A99CCE5D-E0A4-40D0-B456-6369FF81CC77.gif (1008x1836, 498K)

Attached: manoutofmac.jpg (914x1254, 180K)

Flex Mentallo is great

Grant Morrison is writing a meta narrative, to infect ours minds. He commands you to keep on turning the page. Don't open the door! Don't let it in!

What did he mean ?

Attached: morrison_in_charge_of_writing.png (999x759, 1.67M)

Flex Mentallo

All Star Superman

His Batman Run

Doom Patrol

We3

Invisibles

The Filth

if billy corgan and the fallen angel fused

Alan Moore really needs to understand he's not the first person to like magic and situationism.

but he'll be the first to tell you how much he loves little girls

What does Grant Morrison read?

his own comics

Attached: grant_morrison_con_pelo.jpg (500x552, 92K)