"kid's animation"

>"kid's animation"
>epic storylines, characters that evolve from trials, profound lessons to be learned, animation made from the heart, ambiguous motivations and moralities, visually stunning backgrounds

>"adult animation"
DUDE, SEX! LMAO, FUCK, CUNT, CURSE WORDS, WE'RE SO ADULTS, HALF-ASSED POLITICAL COMMENTARY, CELEBRITY PARODY, MORE SEX AND SEX JOKES, LOW TIER ANIMATION BUT LOOK EXPENSIVE VOICE ACTORS, RAPE, ISNT THAT SO FUNNY AND MATURE ROFLMAO

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1553116719867.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=TcPXTwXKkSE
youtu.be/YExrjQSKOUc
cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/vancouver-animators-win-overtime-pay-in-sausage-party-pay-dispute-171836.html
youtu.be/iee2LFF70lA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's the problem with "adult" western cartoons they only make "jokes" about sex, breast and butts instead of being like Japan and doing real fanservice, C'mon show us some animated butts and tits embrace the ecchi genre.

Attached: 1518389235789.jpg (1654x1161, 436K)

>instead of being like Japan and doing real fanservice

>"I'm a normal high school student" says protagonist
>protag gets up because it's school day
>protag goes to the bathroom
>his sister was in the bathroom
>"KYAAAAA!!!!"
>"S-Sorry !!!! OwO "
>protag slips
>protag slips on his sister
>protag is on top of his sister with his hand of her boob
>*le blush*
>*le sweat drop*
>"Hey protag I came to wake you up you lazy ass!" says female Childhood friend
>Childhood friend sees Protag in an awkward situation
>"W-Wait it's not what you think"
>"Y-You BAKA ECCHI!!!"
>Childhood friend slaps Protag
>*Camera pans to the sky*

japs are even worse user.

Pls don't post her in shit threads user.

i honestly want to see an R-rated animated movie from a female director, JUST to see what they'd make

if it's the same shit but swaps out dick jokes for pussy jokes then we can burn the whole thing down

Don't act like people on this board respects Ryoko, I see nothing but insults towards her and the Tenchi series (and most 90s anime shows) on the "Toonami" threads.

trey, matt, and seth did more damage to western culture than the entire seduction of the innocent movement

you might as well watch the bird version of Bojack Horseman coming out soon

South Park hasn't been good at all for years..yet it's fanbase and Trey/Matt insists on thinking it's the pinnacle of animation and deep social commentary on the entire fucking planet.

nu-Toonami zoomers aside there are plenty who revere her.

>I DIDN'T REALIZE MY LITTLE SISTER WAS SO WELL-DEVELOPED IN CERTAIN PLACES BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE BAGGY CLOTHES! HOW CAN I POSSIBLY INTERACT WITH HER AFTER THIS UNFORTUNATE ENCOUNTER? thinks our hapless protagonist while squizing her boobers and staring at her sweaty aroused face

Anyone got the sausage party script excerpt?

In the absence of restrictions and purpose there is only decadence.

I don't want to see the tits and ass of deformed 3DCG monsters.

The west recently made Love Death and Robots which is a step in the right direction, but yeah. Blame Disney for drilling it into every Americans heads that cartoons are for kids.

Because Seth Rogan and most other people who make 'Adult animation' never advanced past middle school humor.
That's all you need to know.

bruce timm agrees

christian morality dominating the western hemisphere makes sure that never happens.

That's what happens when you can't get a real job because you're lazy and just smoke up all day.

It's not even that, it's that animation is not viewed as novel by most of the population. Know for whom the novelty has not yet worn off? Children. Now, animation is more than just a spectacle, obviously, it's a medium, but try convincing studio execs of that, or that it even matters.

>bitch that their is a lack of adult animation
>this gets made and everyone throws a fit

>bitch that their is a lack of serious adult animation
>complain when Anamolisa got released

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1553116719867.webm
If you don't cherish hollywood jews & their fictions, you are left out and uninteresting.

That is because havibg to make an all ages story forces writers to be clever or at least economical with their storytellling. Some restraints are good. For a questionable example, when Roland Emmerich was given alarge but not ridiculously so 75 million dollar budget back in 1995-1996 he made Independence Day, a well loved popcorn flick if there ever was one. Once he was given all the money in the world ge made the sequel Resurgence and tooo much money meant too much excess and thus a far worse movie. Compare the fist Matrix with it's quaint 60 million dollar budget to its sequels or the 180 million dollar Jupiter Ascending.

BS. People dont know what Anamolisa is, so how can they bitch about it?

Disney's not at fault. It was that damn Hays Code that fucked over Western Animation for a good chunk of the 20th century and why we're stuck in the South Park/Family Guy ceiling

Any animation not pretending to be south park is considered for children regardless of who the target audience is.

>make an all ages story
just make an M(13+) story, or MA(15+) if you really gotta go for the extra shock factor.
Fuck the 1-12yo audience, they're still watching Bee Movie five times a day

I think another reason is any story that would make for a legitimately good adult animation can just as easily be toned down into something for general audiences, so for the sake of a wider audience that's what they end up making.

A PG-13 animated movie will still be called a children’s movie if they don’t say fuck every other minute.

youtube.com/watch?v=TcPXTwXKkSE

Have we gone past the One F-Bomb rule?

Attached: Transformers-The-Movie-Bumblebee.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

>Anamolisa
I honestly keep forgetting to watch it. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

Also when are we going to get the western animated equivalent of Space Brothers or Shirobako? Or even LoGH?

Attached: Smug Mutta.jpg (528x300, 36K)

irrelevant. retards gonna ree and burgers should never be your target demographic

>implying it’s not sjw
fundamentalist have throw in the towel since the 90s

Maybe you should be blaming the people who make it, not the genre or concept.

Conservatives are embracing sexiness more because liberals are against it.

It's because of all the adults that have fried their brains with weed. When will people understand that it is a weapon against us being thinly disguised as a prohibited, rebellious act? I have zero respect for weed smokers because they are fools. The man wants you to smoke pot man. That's why he tells you not to and then doesn't really enforce it.

Wrong.

I only see liberals complain about being too sexy and conservatives accuse them of wanting sexy women to be wearing burkas.

True.

>conservatives
I assume you are talking about the boomer Jebus worshipers. They are about as conservative as a feminist in all reality.

I have no idea what that movie is, so I looked up a trailer of it. It looks like they made an animated version of something that could have been easily done in live action. It's just animated for the sake of being animation. They even made a tagline in the trailer pointing that out. Of course I'm basing this judgment just on a trailer, but if you're not using animation to elevate the work in a meaningful fashion then you're not really doing anything better than the people animating food orgies.

No, they just gave in and let them have their cake. Turns out they didn’t like it and so they hate it too.

Interesting, I never thought of it that way. Can you explain further?

No. They both hate lewdness because they are hyper puritans.

Animation is generally not taken seriously. Kid's entertainment is, by a small group of people, and so "kid's animation" can actually get away with good storytelling. Adults aren't supposed to care, for some reason.

Thing is, South Park at its best was actually really smart and profound, in addition to all the piss and shit jokes. The problem is that the piss and shit jokes are the easiest thing to replicate and to sell.

Ryoko is best girl by a wide margin wtf

youtu.be/YExrjQSKOUc

Attached: Keep on Truckin'.jpg (1200x600, 136K)

When was the last time you saw Adventure Time or Gravity Falls make a critic's "Best Show of the 2010's" list? When was the last time you saw Hilda make a critic's "Best Neflix Shows of 2018" list?

No one cares about mature storytelling in kids shows because they're for kids.

>Yea Forums watches kids animation
>"this storyline is so deep and the characters are realistically written and really speak to my own inner trauma"

>Yea Forums watches adult animation
>"NIHILISM LMAO just stop being sad senpai I've never been insecure in my life."

Another thread is talking about it here that hits all those points but basically
>if I’m allowed to slut it up I can get chad
>oh shit chad only wants Stacy
>ban Stacy

There is literally nothing wrong with this

Anamolisa was originally a sound play but Dino Stamotopolous wanted to make it a film, so he helped get it made into an animated movie.

Well now I'm even more disappointed now that I know somebody with a history of stylized stop motion animation made something so boring.

>epic storylines, characters that evolve from trials, profound lessons to be learned
True, but this is a minority among kids cartoons.

Checking those trips of truth with one of the best girls.

Nowadays. It used to be an aspiring goal and a lot of the cartoons at least tried to reach that back in the 80s-00s.

Attached: Tenchi with best girl.jpg (916x1159, 261K)

Related:
cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/vancouver-animators-win-overtime-pay-in-sausage-party-pay-dispute-171836.html

Blame the suits and the animation predecessors for making things this way.

Found the underage.

Is that the title?

It's also the name of the first chapter.

This sounds pretty good, TBPH

so now the cool and edgy thing to do is not smoke pot because its become less stigmatized and more legal? hipsters gunna hip i guess.

Honest question, why do crossboarders always want the exact same shit that they've seen before but made by a murican? I just don't get it.

Just don't watch shit made for the sake of selling and maybe you'll find something that you like.

Attached: 1552115223.gif (500x375, 393K)

Thanks for elaborating.
It has nothing to do with being edgy. It's about health.

>People actually paid money to see this

Attached: 1528820398020.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Based

Attached: L'Illusionniste 2010 2.webm (800x430, 2.45M)

Attached: L'Illusionniste 2010.webm (800x430, 2.73M)

Attached: Time Masters 1982 1080p FULL LENGTH FEATURE MOVIE (ENGLISH DUBBED).webm (854x480, 2.85M)

this

Attached: m2k optimal.jpg (635x416, 26K)

REMINDER: only dorks want muh mature animated films

So, were they right? youtu.be/iee2LFF70lA

WTF!? HITTLER WAS WRONG?

I need to go watch this movie again, I really enjoyed it.
Got the soundtrack and everything.That poor fucking clown.

Attached: Cool world (1992) 2.webm (1000x562, 2.91M)

I've just watched the congress and good lord it was so fucking beautiful. I want more drama animations, what should I watch next, user?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Attached: Cool world (1992) 3.webm (1000x562, 2.9M)

Why in god's name do threads that start with sausage party pictures never deliver?

>cool world
>adult

what did he mean by this

Attached: Coonskin1.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

Attached: Coonskin3.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

I'm commissioning an anime screenplay from you two.

I don't care.

Tell that to all the blacks in jail because they smoked a doobbie. They don't put whites in jail for it but blacks get 10 years for possesion.

>on this board
No shit, dumbass. We're on "Yea Forums - comics" and cartoons, not "Yea Forums - anime"

Stay on your own board

I want to stick my dick in the toucan but that's about where my interest in this series ends

I really enjoyed this movie. The humor was hit and miss but some scenes were pretty funny and the message about how absolute dogmas (such as those found in religion) sprout from our inability to deal with our inevitable demise as individuals was spot on. The way the products created a cult to the humans and how it mutated in so many different forms in different aisles felt exceptionally organic.

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 25K)

El goblino

sauce?

Friendly reminder to educate yourself on contemporary western animation.

Attached: 2010s western animation renaissance.jpg (960x2377, 1.02M)

First of all
>Yea Forums is one person
Nope.

>>NIHILISM LMAO
Such a complaint is usually leveraged about only to basically two cartoons, Bojack Horseman and Rick&Morty, though. And for good reason: the characters professing those views seem to profess them only as a defense mechanism from their own failures. This may be more evident in Bojack than in R&M (that one is mostly known for being aggressively atheistic), but it's true for both. Other adult cartoons may not reach anything close to having a philosophical position, but surely they can express one that isn't nihilism?

>just stop being sad senpai
Usually it happens because the sadness risks of becoming utterly unreletable.

Retard

Attached: BFA777DA-86DD-41CB-8A8E-F9034168B9E4.png (379x362, 38K)

>Wreck-it-Ralph 2
>Despicable Me
>Big Hero 6

Attached: 1539660164954.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

Like it or not, they're popular movies.

Where is Teen Titans GO

>Incredibles 2
>Finding Dory
>Frozen
>Despicable Me
Yeah, whatever, you mongoloid.

Attached: 1553469934105.jpg (326x294, 12K)

the mouse is definatly at fault for keeping it that way for the past few decades, take a look at films like httyd, rango and coraline, then the mouse release frozen lowering the bar for everyone.

>Checking those trips of truth with one of the best girls.
Agreed, Ryoko was such a cutie.

Attached: 1259375578292.jpg (690x1110, 55K)

I respect her because of Ryoko TD

Attached: 1534589616560.jpg (400x300, 62K)

a challenger approaches

Attached: murdoch-animates.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

It's hilarious how every time I post one of these, none of you even acknowledge the existence of France just because I included some Disney movies. I guess you can all just keep thinking that western animation is only either kids movies or dumb shit like Sausage Party.

1) Cool World was fucking shit

2) Doodles are the niggers of the Toon community and Cool World is their degenerate ghetto

Attached: nigs.jpg (440x410, 49K)

Zucchini and Vegetapilled.

Rango and Coraline wasn't exactly kid-friendly. Fear and Loathing reference in the former and the downer beginning in the latter.

Liberals are against beauty, especially traditional forms of it, while conservatives cherish it. Although neither tend to represent it.

Hell even Disney animators slip a few things under the radar as a middle finger to the Hays Code and its successors.

So Is there anything decent made by Bakshi? I've seen Fritz the cat but most of it is straight shit, there are some scenes that I liked, like the Fritz monologue and half of the movie is unnesesary.

I think it's just a compilation of recent animated movies.

So, remove them If you want them to pay attention to eurokino and not to Disney garbage.

that was fucking fast

This was and still is the worst movie that I've ever had curse me to this day.

I can never unsee it, no matter how many chemicals I pour into my eyes

Attached: 1553403595270.jpg (714x647, 107K)

That's also worse, ye idiot.

Attached: Something.png (405x414, 136K)

conservatives praise beauty but wont let you express it
liberals allow expression, but they only allow ugly

Both don't allow anyone to cherish anything sexy

based and redpilled

imagine the /pol/ autist that unironically replied with this pic awkwardly barging into a conversation a group of acquaintances are having about cartoons to bring this up, stumbling over his words as he attempts to explain the humor and appeal while also attempting to hide his power level

user you are a faggot

This is why anime pisses me the fuck off. Yeah there's some great stuff conceptually here and there but it's riddled with shit like this even in "serious" programs. Oh, and characters saying what's plain as fucking day to the audience. And don't give me that cultural shit, it's just bad writing. On the other hand, it's also why western animation pisses me off. We know that shit's horrible and despite the state of the industry, there really are fantastic animators and storytellers who come together make stuff that blows most japshit out of the water. We KNOW we can excel whatever they put out whenever we goddamn please but the industry is just stuck in this self fulfilling cycle of mediocrity and not enough people are rejecting that mediocrity for true change to happen.

Attached: regret.jpg (500x469, 27K)

If I had to pick two of three following three things in entertainment, sexuality, violence, and offensive jokes/stereotypes/material/etc., I'd opt to have the violence and offensiveness; The both can actually be entertaining, the former can actually contribute to the plot, and the latter, despite what crybabies say, is funny.

It’s really hard to sell a non-comedic animated movie or show unless it was based on an already established franchise or book. Studios don’t like to take the risk

adults can watch "kid's" shows

Or, watch the Breadwinner, which is theoretically everything people want.
>Hand drawn 2D animation
>theatrical release
>Serious story
>Deep symbolism
>Shows the negative realities of Islam
>brown waifu protagonist
>brown waifu protagonist becomes a literal trap
>actual death and war
>amazing visuals

Just because it had the Oscar stolen from it by Disney(shocker, I know) doesn’t mean it isn’t one of the best animated films ever. People really need to watch it

Attached: 66B5B566-F4BC-4357-B316-5D0D086620A1.jpg (4791x2000, 1.36M)

Based

Attached: edit.png (1200x1100, 1.3M)

Fuck you, Iris was adorable. Ruby Gloom was amazing

It's a bait edit user.
Also the image was shit anyway for unironically defending moeshit. Not that there isn't an argument to be made for western designs not being great nowadays (The image on the right was from Big Mouth after all) but it's a moot point if your preferred design is a dime a dozen sameface on a bland as fuck character.

Japan's current anime forgot the major rules laid down by Go Nagai in the fucking 70s with Cutie Honey: a girl can have her tits and pussy out, BUT she needs to actually DO SOMETHING.

>Ruby Gloom
Canuck confirmed

>Or even LoGH?
You could never get away with a western adaptation of LoGH in today's political climate.

A lot of shows, even western ones, couldn’t happen in today’s climate for how stupid PC it is. For fucks sake, it’s a requirement to have at least 1 hijab in every show now. Even when jews and Christians aren’t apparent, a fucking hijab is necessary

wait, did that really happen?

are you some bootyblasted new zealander or something?

>mainstream forum
>threads on relevant and on-topic

>anonymous image board
>"DUDE, NIGGER, FAGGOT, JEW, SHILL, KEK, ONION, DISCORD TRANNY, HAVE SEX INCEL, PEPE, WOJACK, GO BACK TO /POL/, I HATE POPULAR THING, I HATE IMMATURE THING, I HATE PEOPLE WHO HATE THINGS, OH NO NO NO NO NO, WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS, REDDIT!"

Attached: why does the world just die.jpg (500x373, 24K)

Good post, user. I've been meaning to watch some of these for a while now, particularly all the ones by Cartoon Saloon.

This. If western animation wasn’t fucked over by censors, hacky studios (HB, Filmation, etc), and toy companies, we would have no use for anime at all.

Uh people would need to watch those things to bitch

Just remember that due to the anonymity of our site, that means all the shit people spout here is their true opinions bouncing off of others, not what you may see in other hugbox communities that remove someone not in the groupthink.

>not what you may see in other hugbox communities that remove someone not in the groupthink.

Yea Forums absolutely engages in groupthink though, or is the "hivemind" mentality much different in practice?

> a challenger approaches
Whacky wojacky
So based xdD

So this is how mutts are really made

It's not because you're too lazy to watch movies actually aimed at adults that you can assume they're all like Sausage Party, let alone pollute the catalog with this thread again.
Fucking weeb faggot.

When is Japan making Fantasia? Or Waltz with Bashir? Or The Prophet? Or Fantastic Planet?

Attached: congress.webm (1920x1080, 2.25M)

Check out The Prophet.

Attached: prophet.webm (1920x1080, 2.38M)

I mean, I understand where you come from and I enjoy animation being exploited to its full extent as a medium, but your attitude is also part of the problem, as nothing is more "adult and mature" than a story taking place in a realistic world without visual hallucinations or any other artifices.
It's part of the reason for the animation age ghetto really, it's either too cartoony to be adult or not cartooony enough to be an actual cartoon.

I'd love to see a big ecchi show hit the west.
Girls take male sexualization too personally. They'll lose their damn minds.

I don't really enjoy DUDE NIHILISM LMAO cartoons because they treat it like it's the edgiest thing ever with absolutely no tact despite nihilism being probably one of the most stale and entry level philosophies ever thought of.

It's been a while since I've seen Congress. Did they explain how everything is funded since a large chunk of the population is on cartoon drugs?

The movie doesn't explain much about anything, let alone the realistic economics its world works on, but seems reasonable that there's some amount of Hollywoodbux coming from someone, since they pretty expressly scan Robin to make more movies and money from her image.

Imagine being this deluded. List ten such shows.

Go Nagai is a fucking based legend. Ecchi, shonen with female protags, mecha, horror - that man was the goddamn pioneer!

His work is probably one of the best Yea Forums-related content on earth.

Attached: 1280px-Go_Nagai_20080704_Japan_Expo_05.jpg (1280x852, 207K)