Brenda Song Returns To Disney Channel In Animated Series ‘Amphibia’ To Voice Lead Character

>Longtime Disney star Brenda Song, whose acting credits include Superstore and The Social Network, is returning to the Disney fold to play the lead voice role in Amphibia, an animated comedy series premiering this summer on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW.

>Song previously starred as London Tipton in Disney Channel’s long-running series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, its spinoff The Suite Life on Deck and The Suite Life Movie. She also starred in several other popular Disney Channel Original Movies, including Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior, Stuck in the Suburbs, Get A Clue and The Ultimate Christmas Present.

>In Amphibia, Song plays 13-year-old Anne Boonchuy, an independent and fearless teen magically transported to the fantastical world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. The series is created and executive produced by Annie Award-winning director Matt Braly (Disney’s Gravity Falls), and produced by Disney Television Animation. The series is currently in production.

deadline.com/2019/03/brenda-song-returns-disney-channel-animated-series-amphibia-1202583433/

Attached: Amphibia.jpg (1200x640, 591K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/106566469/#106566469),
youtu.be/iLdaIhRszWY
youtu.be/KbkeDIf2Ct4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For a teenage Disney star she seems to be normal.

Pretty underrated and professional, IMO.

I thought her Hollywood career was gonna take off after The Social Network but it didn't which honestly sucks ass.

Also Justin Timberlake should be in more movies he was fucking amazing in Social Network

Good for her. I thought she was very cute as a kid. Also obligatory.

Attached: 89c9e071ae100b48df3a8ea5588e21af.gif (479x619, 3.51M)

I was really hoping Yea Forums wouldn’t make another Amphibia thread just to spread this minor announcement. It’s a neat reveal, but it sure as hell isn’t worthy of its own thread, and if the previous one is any indication (desuarchive.org/co/thread/106566469/#106566469), there is literally NOTHING new to talk about!

FUCK. At least wait until we get some new footage or promo art!

Attached: 10AED905-A7EA-4515-8147-FA111AAEB489.png (633x633, 474K)

Wowee! When did Anne get so lewd?

Attached: A2C473D8-FA5B-4CEE-BE1C-EB898AC1F5DF.gif (650x270, 3.14M)

makes me question what sprigs va will sound like desu, but hey good for her ig wasn't even aware she was in anything post suite life.

You know that's the bad part about the industry. God knows she's talented enough.

Huh. All this time, I had no idea she was Thai. Cool.

Is she? Does she have a little surprise there too?

Misha-tastic!
Let's just Misha come around to spread the good post all over, misha-bros.

execs only want to dip their wick in that young tight white stuff. Brenda probably only got groped a few times before the CEO realized it was her and not the blonde one.

YAY HER!

She was such a fun character.
youtu.be/iLdaIhRszWY
Thoughts on intro?

Attached: original.gif (418x360, 897K)

isn't she fucked in the head?

didn't she date miley cyrus's somehow even more degenerate brother then lie to him that she was pregnant?

I saw this once on Netflix; it looked like the distributors bought some random straight-to-video family movie and had Brenda Song overdub the scenes with the dog for marketing purposes.

Attached: 3D83FEBD-20A4-458C-ABB8-62BA36D6CF51.jpg (264x376, 27K)

That's just regular woman level of crazy

She had an actual webseries based on the webseries she had in the show
I wonder if its Lost Media now

>a rural marshland full of frog-people
Oh boy, a show about 4channel

Speaking of "Zack & Cody", apparently that wasn't the only time she and Tisdale made an appearance together:
youtu.be/KbkeDIf2Ct4

Attached: D2sf9CqW0AMqEQE.jpg (732x412, 57K)

Neat. I think Milo Murphy’s Law, Phineas and Ferb, and Fish Hooks were the last Disney cartoons to star an actual Disney Channel actress, all of which probably being done to help promote each show with a Big Celebrity Name™.

But since the 2010s, most Disney cartoons seem to have been given more creative freedom to be more separate from their live-action counterparts, including the main cast. I’m not saying that I think Matt was forced to hire a Disney Channel actress, but I just find it surprisingly fitting and almost nostalgic.

Attached: CE78B56F-25D2-4471-8D1F-4F51F48DE1F6.jpg (385x480, 55K)

I'm secretly hoping thaf Sprig is voiced by Matt Braly himself, but that's mainly 'cause I expect him to have held enough confidence to voice at least one recurring character in his own series.

It doesn't even have to be Sprig per se, but it only makes sense that an Annie Award-winning director who managed to convince Disney to greenlight his pitch would be more than capable of jumping head first into voice-over work.

Attached: T.K.O.'s House.png (995x1080, 620K)

Anne is cute! CUTE!

Attached: Brandon Wu.jpg (1501x910, 103K)

Manlet Braly

Attached: The Animation Guild.jpg (1080x809, 257K)

Why do you keep posting the same copy paste posts in these threads?

Why do we keep having threads on a show that’s not even out yet? I might as well post my same thoughts every now and then. Blame OP for making this thread in the first place; until new footage or info is released, nobody has anything to discuss.

>independent and fearless
Predictable.

what about the t-teal-bros? where's our parade?