Well? Where is it? We're one year away from 2020 and there still isn't a sealab

Well? Where is it? We're one year away from 2020 and there still isn't a sealab.

Attached: sea202002.jpg (300x225, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarius_Reef_Base
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident
hampture.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=URsW8K9kQK0
youtube.com/watch?v=hJlidLVfwWc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidentified_submerged_object
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_habitat
youtube.com/watch?v=PL23meWoB9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We have to funnel so much of our tax dollars into welfare programs, we don't have any money left for NASA or other scientific endeavors.

Imagine believing this.
Have you not heard of U.S.Os?

There's some small ones, but much like space stations, internal volume is much less than people thought it would be back then.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarius_Reef_Base

That doesn't even have its own pro shop.

They don't even grow kelp, buncha jerks.

Attached: Captain Murphy.jpg (848x757, 190K)

Whitey's On the Moon shit pisses me off so much. We freed you, gave you language written and spoken, went back and made sure that your situation couldn't be repeated on the other side of the world legally, and you spit in the advancement of civilization because you can't get your fucking act together, and want to live with us and have our shit? Your entire grug race can't even comprehend the mathematics necessary for such an evolutionary leap, but because we're so magnanimous and conflict-averse, we'll elevate mental defects over star system and exploration and advancement. Every bleater that ever said 'solve the problems here before we go out there' is myopic and ball-fanning. You can't fix the negro, it's a wonder it can make words beyond colloquialisms, and it only functions on monetary dumps.

We gave up so goddamn much and they're prepping themselves to kill us as the behest of a bunch of freaks and oligarchs for an easier mass to feed off of. Fuck this wretched system, from nog to zog.

It's a combination of that and the proliferation of far left politics creating people more interested in gender studies than STEM fields.

>Scientist lands a rocket on a comet
>Female reporter only talks about his offensive anime girl shirt
>every media narrative ignores the colossal scientific achievement and all anyone talks about his the guy's shirt
>he is forced to apologize in tears
>what should be a monumental moment in scientific accomplishment is now a foot note attached to 'that time the patriarchy made a liberal reporter angry'

Until the culture shifts away from the left, we aren't going to make any sort of scientific progress ever again.

This is a copy-pasta, I know, but I unironically agree with everything it says.

I'm hoping Musk follows through and lights a fire under government asses to establish infrastructure before private companies do it. Or, we stride forwards into the future of space exploration brought you by Wayland/Yutani(tm)

Do you just yell at factory workers all day for not being rocket scientist?

Castizo Master Race bitch

Fuck the micks

Oy vey, this is 4channel; you cannot say that! Think of the Je- I mean advertisers!
>yfw everyone will die on this rock, slowly as consumerist slaves, due to niggers, kikes and our victim complex
I just pray at least China or some shit makes it.

Attached: 40517F02-17CC-4F46-AEE4-8CB20FA3A6DD.jpg (640x641, 28K)

I mean, really, what is the point of the black but space-taking?
It didn't invent the wheel, or animal husbandry or farming or really anything, fertile crescent did that. And even if it magically did, what does that prove? No one elevates the Benz company for making the automobile and therefore can never fail ever or be criticized.
They're not good neighbors, everywhere they go they break things, steal things, rape and fight things or just shit on things.
There's no genuine cuisinie that's black, just endless spice on garbage food, and maybe tubers over fire back in Mother country. All the semblances of cuisine are just French holdover from their betters.
Art? Music? Please, the only reason RAP is black music is because people haven't made it palatable. And whatever that scrawl is they tag the wall isn't a word, maybe it is to their puddlebrains.
The endless breeding, no sense of time preference or future seeking, and even those that do have kids that shit all over it. There's no black aristocracy because they can't hold wealth for more than a generation.
And the smell. The foul and unfunctionable stench of black. This pasty oily starch rot that pours out and assaults the senses.
And we have to pretend, this thing is better than my people. My people touched the stars, they just touched their balls and called themselves Gods.

There is nothing in the Demiurge's vast sea of disappointment more frustratingly awful than the black. Its very existence urges extinction for the betterment of the planet, but our own kind want to preserve it, somehow save it from itself. You can't save something this fucked up, you can only put it down and learn a lesson about pretending what is or isn't people.

Uh... one race the human race. SocioPolilitcal segregation and uh... Systematic racism and sheeeeeeeiiiittt. Now gib reparayshuns and da white women!

>2015 happened
>no true flying cars
>no real hoverboards
>no self lacing shoes
Face it, user.
TV lied to us.

Why it's right he-

Attached: FloweryRadiantKestrel-small.gif (480x360, 966K)

>the human race
The one race blacks can't win

>>Scientist lands a rocket on a comet
>>Female reporter only talks about his offensive anime girl shirt
>>every media narrative ignores the colossal scientific achievement and all anyone talks about his the guy's shirt
>>he is forced to apologize in tears
>>what should be a monumental moment in scientific accomplishment is now a foot note attached to 'that time the patriarchy made a liberal reporter angry'

This is why women were never allowed to have positions of authority for the first 50,000 years of human civilization. They do shit like this.

What takes up the most money? Maybe we can skim from that.

I know you think this is a gotcha, but the (((military industrial complex))) is a terrible thing too and I agree with shrinking that also.

This is why en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin#Diving_bell_accident

First Post, Most Tragically Correct Post

What the fuck was pod's 6 problem?

The 2020's will be awful. There will be more calart's style animation, A war will start that will draft all Gen Z kids and cause a nuclear winter and then in 2028, the earth implodes.

We already know sealabs explodes, see

Attached: 3D764D5C-75FF-419E-BC52-B29C0C9DD5DF.jpg (345x336, 214K)

And the worst part will be in 2022, when Drumpf gets THREE scoops of ice cream!

The closest thing we got is Hapture
hampture.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=URsW8K9kQK0

I'm bizarro Stormy

Attached: 8a405949f2f66c8d6829cdd257e43502.png (200x200, 67K)

Trump 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036

I'm Regular Stormy!

Pod six is jerks

No, it’s that we don’t spend that,much on scientific projects that are also good for defensive purposes. Mapping the sea also lets you track down nuclear subs. Rockets are just ICBM’s that go upward. If there was a Cold War with China, we would have space lasers by now

I miss Brick Automaton.

Uh oh uh oh

Why was Hesh the best character?

Did you check under the sea?

It's nearly 2021 and I stil don't have Jazz Cola.

GIMMIE MY MINGUS DEW!

Musk is cool, but ADHD addled. There is a thin chance that people will build private low earth orbit stations because Silicon Valley is insane.

BEEEEEEEEEEN!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

They were jerks.

>forensic pathologists determined that Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the 60 centimetres (24 in) diameter opening created by the jammed interior trunk door by escaping air and violently dismembered, including bisection of his thoracoabdominal cavity, which resulted in expulsion of all of the internal organs of his chest and abdomen, except the trachea and a section of small intestine, and of the thoracic spine. These were projected some distance, one section being found 10 metres (30 ft) vertically above the exterior pressure door.

Good Lord.

Attached: file.png (480x360, 205K)

Damn doppelgangers stole all the money.

Does that mean there's a...
BLACK Stormy?

I really really really hope that was a quick death.

No.

Absolutely retarded. It's the conservatives that jack off to cutting taxes and supportin the troops. There are plenty of people in STEM. Its capitalism that makes Sealab impossible. Its not profitable and all the R&D goes into the military industrial complex.

Uh
let's see here
gimme a minute
um
SEX!

Attached: hesh wants some sex.gif (500x375, 878K)

>two party dichotomy
From nog to zog like I said

>Hesh

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MC CHRIS? Literally vanished off the face of the earth.

>WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MC CHRIS? Literally vanished off the face of the earth.

Worse, he tried to cling to relevancy by releasing a My Little Pony rap and that was the last thing he did before plummeting into obscurity.

It don't mean butt if it dont got that jut

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 23K)

Ha cha cha cha. Delicious.

He sleeps on fan couches when he tours. I follow him on facebook. He overshares and turns his fanbase on him like every week

Nobody shucks my corn but ME

>Uh... one race the human race

Get that marxist shit out of here.

youtube.com/watch?v=hJlidLVfwWc

Ike made NASA while the Dems were busy killing Charlie in Vietnam.

>I just pray at least China or some shit makes it.
But that would mean Whedon was right.

Ah ah ah. Don't you remember your liberal college professor's lecture on the history of American politics? The Democrats back then were actually Republicans and the Republicans back then were actually Democrats until they all switched parties simultaneously in the mid 20th century. So everything bad the Democrats ever did was actually the work of the Republicans and everything good the Republicans did is actually the work of the Democrats.

I know this is true because my University professor put it on a test and I had to answer it his way in order to get my diploma.

came here to post this

What would be the point of such a facility? We already have subsea engineering and the only thing it's good for is extracting oil.

>What would be the point of such a facility? We already have subsea engineering and the only thing it's good for is extracting oil.

And boy, we sure are good at that, aren't we?

Attached: 250px-BP_logo.png (250x326, 24K)

More like where's the fucking full version of the intro song?

Attached: Angry Homer.jpg (414x414, 21K)

And the other guys died because their blood bubbled up into fat and clogged their arteries =(

you mean the place where military members and their dependents can get hot pockets and other miscellaneous goodies?

You could have just looked it up to find out yourself.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidentified_submerged_object

Long term undersea habitation tends to turn the scientists into xenophobic elitist nutjobs. They'll be cursing the surface dwellers within a month.

Rightfully so, surface is for plebs.

>muh external enemies
>fearmongering to unify a nation
This is the reason america is becoming a land of aggresive idiots.
If the greatest generation could see the rising fascism and degeneration of their country right now they would spin on their graves so fast they could solve the energy crisis on their own.

Attached: 1538952610181.png (1003x915, 146K)

you could half the costs of medicare if you did not have to pay ¿ insurance companies in the first place, just like the rest of the world does.

>Social Security, unemployment and Medicare, all welfare programs, take up over half of the nation's tax dollars

Fuckin black people. They're why we can't have nice things.

>1% on science

I will never not be mad

Attached: 1544765806951.jpg (251x375, 30K)

Welfare spending is literally the reason why you and most civilized countries have nice things asshole, it's also known as quality of life.

Those companies pay good money to our (their) representatives in order to keep the pipeline of tax money to private hands untouched.

>2015

Keep in mind, this was during a Democrat administration. What's the federal spending budget look like now that Republicans are in charge?

Probably about the same, since US party distinction is completely artificial and strictly for the plebs to be able to pretend the establishment isn't a single entrenched class of oligarchs.

Conservativism is dead, populism is the hot thing right now and they all love to spend money like the airheaded big government types they really are. Except the same big budgets.

It's why illegals have nice things.

They already won, they are the perfect blend of man and beast, stronger and hypermasculine.

Bizarro! I love you! Bizarro! I love you!

I fed him a whole bag
OF PEANUTS

Attached: 1550406606695.jpg (800x800, 65K)

Even though getting into space is harder than going under water, apparently, it's easier to build something to withstand a vacuum, than it is to build something to withstand hyperbaric environments.
Personally, I think it'd be better to have the private sector handle R&D, to lessen the risk of politicians fucking it up, but I agree that we blow way too much tax money on unnecessary spending.

It's not a toy. It makes real cupcakes, with a forty watt bulb, and there's icing packets. But the secret ingredient is love. Dammit

>Sealab ended 14 years ago

Attached: frog.png (600x579, 218K)

>a single anecdotal story reflects an entire nation's aptitude for the sciences
>the ess jay dubbayoos are at it again!
Rent free.

>Personally, I think it'd be better to have the private sector handle R&D, to lessen the risk of politicians fucking it up
Freeing up Investors to fuck it up.

Underneath the water. At the bottom of the sea.
Were you even paying attention?

You complain about that but not subsidizing tobacco growing as well as study after study and programs aimed to stop people from smoking?

That welfare pie slice includes the neetbux (you) need to survive, user.

>We have to funnel so much of our tax dollars into welfare programs, we don't have any money left for NASA or other scientific endeavors.
Literally revived 80,000 year old cells from an animal just 2 weeks ago, faggot. We literally cure 2 people of HIV. Who the fuck gives a shit about the bottom of the sea when we are doing real shit.

We've also known how to cure genetic color blindness for nearly a decade now, but have fun waiting for that to hit the masses who need it. Same goes for a lot of old scientific breakthroughs.

>We've also known how to cure genetic color blindness for nearly a decade now, but have fun waiting for that to hit the masses who need it.
We had the vending machine for centuries (From the time of the Romans), but it took a long ass time for the one we know of today to hit the streets. real one to hit the streets.

Rome wasn't built in a day man and the same with science and technology. Its breakthrough and taking steps overtime to build over old works as knowledge and technology increases and allows people to make one great product.

God bless that crazy man and his objectivism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_habitat

user Medicare and Social Security are listed as essential expenditures, they already have funds set aside and are paid for without question regardless of the administration.

>TFW FDR was the true villian of the 20th century

Either that or it turns them into communists.

youtube.com/watch?v=PL23meWoB9k

>Freeing up investors to fuck it up
Investors generally just want the companies they invest in to be profitable, politicians care about all sorts of retarded shit, and do all sorts of retarded things.

>Personally, I think it'd be better to have the private sector handle R&D, to lessen the risk of politicians fucking it up, but I agree that we blow way too much tax money on unnecessary spending.

The medical industry is currently run by corporations, which is why it costs $800 for a shot of insulin, since corporations own the rights to life-saving medicine and can charge whatever they want for it since people literally need it to live.

>We've also known how to cure genetic color blindness for nearly a decade now, but have fun waiting for that to hit the masses who need it. Same goes for a lot of old scientific breakthroughs.

There's a movement among Liberals now to ban cures for medical conditions and disabilities because it "eliminates disability culture". You will meet a lot of deaf people who refuse to wear coclar implants because "being deaf is my identity, my culture". Likewise, bring up curing autism and you'll get a bunch of screeching liberals saying that it's awful to even RESEARCH a potential cure for autism "because there's nothing WRONG with them!!"

If liberals had this sort of control 100 years ago, we'd still have Smallpox and Polio "cultures".

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR ME

If you’ll excuse me , we need to rehabilitate Phil... in the face

>agriculture and veterans benefits barely get anything

Attached: 108B77C3-1048-48AB-8C7B-ACDEA0550D9A.jpg (787x1024, 109K)

Yeah, but Tyrone and Sha'Nay'Nay need to get their EBT cards refilled every month so they can buy Cheetos and Pepsi, their Section 9 housing so they don't have to pay rent, their welfare and unemployment checks because they can't work, and, at least in Sha'Nay'Nay's case, an increase in her welfare for every kid she pops out with Jamal, Darqueathka, Jbaronwonika, and some niggashe can't remember.

THAT'S what our tax dollars are needed to support the most.

For all the "support our troops" rhetoric, veterans are still largely viewed and treated as ex-employees, because that's what they are. They're not the only occupation that has deadly, injurious hazards, and until we, as a civilization, start treating people well who have been done wrong, no matter the circumstance, don't expect it to be any different just because these particular guys fought for their country.

I'm so tired of this asinine "STEM is being supplanted by women's studies and the libtarded arts!!1" conspiracy theory. I don't know where it comes from exactly, but I have yet to see anything in reality that indicates it to be true. Here in Minnesota, STEM is by and far much more popular at colleges than anything humanities-related. Math and science were highly prioritized and got had tons of AP classes at my Minneapolis high school, all the big schools at the University of Minnesota that get the funding and attention are STEM, and even the small liberal arts college I go to has an overwhelming majority of chemistry and bio majors (as well as business majors). I've met approximately one women's study major in the four years I've been going to college, and she said she was aware that it's a very niche area but that it interested her more than the other broadly sociological majors and that she wished to do research in the field even though it's not as glamorous or high-paying as say psychiatry. Maybe there are certain schools that have more of a sociology focus than a STEM one, but that's hardly indicative of the validity of these allegations.

Now I don't know what it's like in the rest of the country, but I've never heard my high school buddies who are studying STEM/business on the east coast make these complaints. What's the genesis of all this? The people who make these complaints always come across to me like they have zero experience with anything humanities-related and barely understand what the term "liberal arts" means.

Attached: 1545411728180.jpg (720x709, 23K)

Ah fuck you, you myopic scumbag. That's a cute little strawman you just whipped up, but the reality of urban poverty is so much more complicated than just "the negros are stupid and lack gumption." No one who's on the dole is living a life of luxury nor do they want to be in that position to begin with, as I can attest from having been intimately involved with someone whose family was extremely poor and received benefits. Admittedly the current welfare policy is severely flawed and doesn't fully address the issue of poverty, but scapegoating poor people for being poor and immediately getting rid of all social security spending like the republicans want to would only make the problems caused by poverty more severe and difficult to deal with (as well as even more prohibitively expensive to respond to than they are in the present). If you pricks are so concerned about the country's standard of living, you ought to suggest that more of the GDP should go to education so schools in places like the south side of Chicago can actually enrich the lives of their students and help to be more productive citizens.

I’m mostly referring to the very old veterans who can’t work anymore

It was basically instantaneous. These things happen so fast you wouldn't even realize what happened.

Too spooky.

Attached: Jellyfish Marianas.webm (1280x720, 2.2M)

>We need moh uv dem gubmint programs
>*smacks lips*
>Gib moh dem programs dawg an we become doxtuhz an shit an don't gotta be on dem programz no moh

Give a Mouse a Cookie, a fucking basic bitch children's book if there ever was one, explains in the simplest of terms why welfare states DO NOT WORK. They operate on the honor system and no matter HOW MUCH YOU GIVE it will never, NEVER be enough. They always need more gibs in order to 'get back on their feet' but they never do. They just want to sit in their section 8 apartment and smoke weed all day.

>No profitability in undiscovered sea life
imagine being this retarded, its just incredibly high cost with unsure rewards you'd need to subsidize or just straight make a government department until the deeper parts of the ocean are easier to transverse.

SPACE
FORCE

That's literally the opposite of reality right now

Well ignoring all of the other nonsensical political talk in this thread, it's mostly because since this is just a cartoon and that people didn't think that technology would go as fast as it did in real life at the time. One could say the same for the jetson's.