No one talking about my show

>no one talking about my show
I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME user!!!

Attached: 88CD10A4-0735-48C2-88C3-E5F734961DA4.jpg (1136x640, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8vV8jH6LZio
youtube.com/watch?v=jdXZKEliAbQ
youtu.be/Tc84S5wMma0
youtube.com/watch?v=wmNL_Wi_LEA
youtu.be/TM-je_ZzWlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Soulless

Attached: SWORD OF OMENS, GIVE ME SCENT BEYOND SCENT.jpg (355x650, 72K)

Your show put this autistic CalArt discussion into fucking overdrive!

There hasn’t been any news lately

Is this show going to be buried and never aired? How much was done before CN saw the reaction and quietly pulled the plug on it?

What's there to talk about? It's a really shallow attempt to recreate TTG right down to the fact that both show titles end with an intransitive verb.

yikes

I dont think the majority of Yea Forums even likes thundercats besides the reboot and even then we thought it was an ATLA knockoff with Lino as a bitch boy
If anything this is a MOTU or TF board

It's still happening (sadly), only they're keeping quiet with it and not showing it frequently, most likely due to the huge backlash it got. It was mentioned earlier this year in a promo of the new CN shows for 2019.

It'll air somewhere. Production is too far along not to do something with it. (Also, I believe it technically is a union work and they require by contracts with different guilds to air the work)

CN is playing the long game and hoping the terrible reception will blow over. High Guardian Spice from Crunchyroll is another example.

Thundercats was a popular enough franchise that got a lot of new fans when it was on Toonami back in the day. I still don't understand the negativity to shows like that and the original He-Man and She-Ra shows. They weren't perfect but they were decent shows.

You just weren't... inclusive enough.

Attached: Lion-o's Massive Feminine Bulge.jpg (1242x1242, 185K)

I farted and shitted at the same time it felt really good but made a big mess.

your nostalgia is blinding you. Rewatch an episode and accept them as the garbage toy commercials that they've always been.

Seriously. This will be Roar's biggest and only accomplishment. Prior to the trailer dropping "CALARRRTTTSS" was just shit Yea Forums would spot and maybe sometimes would show up in some animation discussion.

Afterwards, fucking Facebook Moms knew what the term meant. Every artist in the industry had their own two cents to share about that term and now I see people describing everything in relation to CalArts style.

I actually watched the first episode a couple years ago. I see them as campy action shows from the 80s, why would I expect them to be anything more than that? I'd definitely watch it over some of the newer shows.

>y.y.you are nostalgic, even though I never watched that show outside of youtube critics
yeah, I think you illustrate what he's talking about. You have a whole dogma around those shows, but no argument, just "we all know" like a good fanatic with a bomb on his belt.

Yea Forums is going to praise and shill it all over the board as some kind of comedic masterpiece once it gets released, Just like they do with TTG.

It’s a good thing in the end. Hopefully we can get shows with more distinct creative style rather than execs looking at what’s popular and saying “do exactly that!”

Why is this cheap piece of shit taking so long to air?

We hated that shit even before it started

This.
If this dumb show did one thing right, it made everyone aware of how bad animation was getting that a show like this would get greenlit simply on assumed nostalgia views even tho they claim "its not for the old fans"

The design is the physical personification of the word “squish”

>The Eye is supposed to go over your forehead, as in 'opening your third eye' sight beyond sight.
They can't even get that right.

Tbey just do it to dab at TTfags, because their autistic rage toward TTG is even worse than the show itself.

I'm waiting

Attached: thundercats.png (436x252, 11K)

Or maybe because the show is/was decent? It got good designs and two solid first seasons.

Why do people think that something being a toy commercial is in itself a bad thing? There are franchises out there that are both toy commercials and really damn good.

I swear if you've done this.

Attached: 1534827472853.jpg (2095x1736, 263K)

>Or maybe because the show is/was decent?
Waffles.

You now understand this is Yea Forums's general mantra on any show they decide they hate. No one will actually try a show for themselves, just parrot the same shit thread after thread. This is literally Teen Titans Go featuring cats, and that shit got a theatrical movie and many many episodes. Whatever they're doing, no matter how bad it might look to a jaded adult, it's working with kids, and that's what matters at the end of the day.

>They don't even get the third eye

Welp.

Calarts is everything that isn’t anime

You're not listing any specific names because you're afraid they'll be called out as garbage, too.

That was decent episode. I think most people just watched the scene of cyborg and BB singing in youtube and not the entire episode. It had an extremely satisfactory ending

The 2011 reebot was cool as hell
It was cancelled because legends of chima was way cheaper in every sense and Cartoon Network loves to make cheap shit and cancel cartoons with actual quality

Attached: 5D3D83CC-2DEB-4164-A351-67D967961547.gif (234x273, 467K)

>let's cuck the main character: the show
>cool

that's fucking stupid

I never loved you you bean turd

Nobody loved this. Nobody wanted this. Nobody wants to talk about this.

That's honestly one of my favorite pars about this. They put so little thought into the designs that they coudn't even get the most basic symbolic elements right.
These are trained artists that can't comprehend the visual depth of a toy commercial.

>I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME user!
I don't know where you got that impression.

Attached: 1553633354045.png (800x800, 243K)

Attached: 1553728160979.png (355x864, 407K)

>soulless
>soulless
>soul

Attached: (YOU).png (151x50, 2K)

>no 4chanX
>no tree style tabs
This fucking board

user, have some shame.

Now that WB is in full control of CN they're definetely going to air it. Why waste money not airing something that may be a hit?

Oh, but they planned something way better than that dumb THOT Cheetara.

Attached: Wilykit Seasoned.jpg (843x1018, 170K)

What a fucking abomination jesus christ.

This is not AT tho

Autism

I sure am afraid of zoomers who watch Steven Universe thinking Thundercats is garbage.

Here's a neat question, which series will still be relevant a decade from now?

It's worse than AT. At least Finn was allowed to be a hero for like 4 seasons. Leon-O got nothing but shit from the beginning

>durr hurr it’s a toy commercial so it’s okay to make a bad reboot and shit all over the original
Fucking slit your wrists nico

cartoons have always been bad.

Attached: 1551914036563.gif (339x338, 1.81M)

Calarts is everything that is cartoony/not realistic/ugly.

Cute cock.

user, it's the truth.

Attached: 1543166750476.webm (720x480, 2.75M)

Autism

because the majority of people who grew up in the 80's had the "not selling out to the man" mentality especially cartoonists from that era kept spouting those memes even if it is kinda ironic
anything that isnt comic transformers and GI Joe cartoons are one of the best toyetic commercials
you should watch some old cartoons user

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 204K)

you can add all the flash in any animtaion you can overanimate it even but in the end it still looks like trash

what?we never loved you you fucking piece of shit, god i hope this cartoon fail so bad they get the creator and lynch him on the street. fucking shit user why did you have to make this thread you fucking ruin my fucking day, thank you very much

ok ko does it and it looks half impressive some of the time

he's a dumb shitposter, just ignore him

>thundercat threads before reboot: -1
>thundercat threads after reboot : WHY WHY WHY HWY WHY DID (((THEY))) RUIN MY FAVORITE SERIES I CANT BELIEVE IT AHHHHHHHHH
cringe

Attached: 1550238874240.jpg (800x579, 68K)

okko knew how to add fancy animation short cuts half the time that's why it worked

>There are franchises out there that are both toy commercials and really damn good.
And they are from Japan. American toy commercials were range from pure shit to mediocre
>Mummies alive
>good

Attached: Yugioh.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

it looks horrible

Attached: 1553033696997.webm (1280x720, 1.1M)

calarts needs a grim reminder

Attached: based scrump.jpg (763x952, 75K)

>based britbong manages to shutdown calarts for a day
>brainlets on Yea Forums raving that hes gonna get arrested
>at most he just got suspended/banned on twitter
>makes alternate accounts anyway

as expected of don sargone's top lieutenant

Was this the one with the guy with the dumbass hair or was that the Crunchyroll not-anime?

I really don’t like how willy kit looks, she is supposed to be small and cute but she looks the same height as the other characters

you just want to fuck her doesnt it.

You wanna try that sentence again, user?

Zoomers who think everything they grew up with was god-tier and everything before or after then is shit.

I forgot this was still a thing. Hopefully it dies quickly.

you have to be a big piece of shit to make TTG look good.
at least here they are clearly parodying something and making fun of it, robin its a terrible leader and will never score, this was intentional and meant to be funny.

these people only did a calart redesign of the thundercats and gave them a made up personality because they clearly doesnt give a shit about the source material.

Attached: TTG_TRL_028.0.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

I bought the first season and I still love it. It's not high art, but it is an immersive and imaginative action-adcenture.

The Metamucil episode is amazing.

The only thing stopping Robin from being a chad is Starfire.

Attached: 1efc8f0ce506fcc88a0c379f68675581.jpg (380x297, 21K)

>you just want to fuck her, doesnt it?
there you go friend, if you need anything else dont be afraid to ask, Always willing to help the mentally handicaped.

Attached: wink.jpg (575x474, 28K)

user Yugioh is not even that good of a card game let alone a toy commecial
unless you watch the english dub

yes

I feel bad for the team working on it, because if you stripped away the franchise and made something original it would have been received roughly 10000x better.

Very good discussion of this "it's just a toy commercial" line at the 14 minute mark here:
youtube.com/watch?v=8vV8jH6LZio

we don't have any material beyond the initial promotional teaser and opening. From the looks of it, it'll be like TTGo and OK KO.

i feel bad for thundercats this hurts an already cursed IP.
i hope the people behind it get black listed everywhere in the industry forever.

That whole thing was a trip
>Make a nostalgia-grab promo that was was entirely “This is for the fans!”
>Fan reaction is overwhelmingly negative
>”I-It isn’t for you stupid manchildren! Grow up!”

Damage control is a beautiful thing

It's less about Thundercats specifically, and more about Action/Adventure cartoons in general.

Action/Adventure fans were already worried that the industry was losing faith in the genre before TR confirmed their worst fears.

>Dat shit consistency

Is he Basedgon’s Applebee’s manager?

>I feel bad for the team working on it, because if you stripped away the franchise and made something original it would have been received roughly 10000x better
It's less about the franchise and the kind of direction they took with it, a direction that is well hated these days. Look at Summer Camp Island

>We want the pedophile crowd
I don’t care if they were gonna age her up, that ship was the most shit pairing idea to have come from that show

The dark side of Dimensions is without a doubt the best of Yu-Gi-Oh

Attached: tumblr_nzfepuQePv1qj5jqso1_500.gif (500x281, 897K)

Another point about the toy commercial thing. Toys have to be visually interesting if kids are going to buy them. So cartoons based on toys are gonna have neat looking characters and settings. Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man.. all of these have cool looking characters, settings, creatures, vehicles, etc., even if the animation itself is dated. So in that sense it's a plus. And just because the characters themselves are based on toys it doesn't mean the writers can't touch on powerful ideas and themes using the characters. Also there are zero cartoons airing on TV that are not trying to make a profit one way or another. They're not just making this shit out of a love for the art of the craft, so get off your high horse.

Attached: KOCG-Final_1024x1024.jpg (768x1024, 203K)

TTG has good episodes though like the Silky Novela and Girl's Night. It shines its best when it doesn't shove in your face the "OH DON'T YOU WISH WE WERE 2003 TITANS!?"

youtube.com/watch?v=jdXZKEliAbQ

>pulls a fucking god from the earth
How powerful is this man's autism!?

he IS a britbong after all

The movie was mediocre as fuck. Shitty villain, shitty duels and shitty B-plot about Yugi's friends. Kaiba was cool but that is it. 5Ds and Zexal 2 is still the peak of the franchise

Thing is, Warner Brothers Animation only exists to keep Warner Media's iconic properties relevant. Even if people who work at the studio hadn't outright admitted it, you would only need to look at their output in the last few years to notice the obvious pattern:

>new DC Comics cartoon
>new Looney Tunes cartoon
>new Scooby Doo cartoon
>new Tom & Jerry cartoon
Over and over, repeating endlessly.

Warner Brothers has decided that Thundercats is a property they suddenly care about, after not giving a shit for 22 years. Probably because Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has demonstrated that there's a market for late 80's/early 90's nostalgia.

So there was never any chance of this being an original IP. It was conceived from the very beginning as an exercise in brand renewal, just like everything else WBA makes.

I literally can't watch Zexal in sub. I need that Dweeb voice Yuma

The english dub ruined Yuma. Actually, it ruined everything.

How come the English Yugioh still self sensors? Konami directly runs 4Kmedia I’d buy Yugioh uncut

>that translation
>that voice acting
How can burgers enjoy that? The worst dubs in this planet youtu.be/Tc84S5wMma0

That's certainly a very convenient narrative without an actual source. I don't recall any official reaction besides the series director making his twitter private. That makes it a slight step above the initial reaction to Teen Titans Go, I guess.

TTG has had many years to shit out a few gold gems. Thundercats Roar is clearly following the same formula, and presumably the network executives are willing to trudge through the nostalgia faggots a second time to get to their target demographic.

I feel like TR is too much of a cynical TTG clone to succeed. Kids can tell when something is just shamelessly ripping off a thing they already like. As the saying goes, lightning never strikes in the same place twice.

TR will be this generation's Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island.

The first season of TTG was decent and even good tho

Gundam Build Fighters is the best toy commercial ever made, and that is an indisputable fact.

Attached: Zaku Amazing vs Build Strike.webm (480x270, 2.94M)

>Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island
A completely forgettable & obnoxious show that was rightly completely forgotten?

It’s the principle of the thing. Obviously. Folks are mad about shameless, cookie-cutter cash grabs, not about thundercats in particular. The fact is, your argument works both ways—if they’re just toy commercials, why the fuck would you reboot it and not come up with a new IP? It’s nostalgia pandering at its most egregious and nonsensical, and it’s emblematic of a deep problem in the TV and film industries. That’s why I’m upset, at least.

Yes, exactly.

>1. Toy commercial
>2. Guys who grew up with toy commercial, loved it and wanted to give it a decent rerun
>3. On model? Respect of the original material? Heh what is that?

did you guys already forget?
youtube.com/watch?v=wmNL_Wi_LEA

You do realize the animation (and by extension the entirety of entertainment) industry is known for completing shit and then shelving it completely.
Pic related.

Attached: Fantasic 4 (1994).png (680x731, 785K)

Something that I didn't know is the 2010 Thundercats didn't have an intro, the latin american version did. They dub guys were so fans of the originals thundercats that they did an intro out of show scenes and the original intro audio.

youtu.be/TM-je_ZzWlQ

>the latin american version did
It didn't

>And they are from Japan.
Well you're not COMPLETELY wrong, suprisingly. Like, every good show in the 80s had something outsourced to Japan.

Yup, this was it.

Well, it had a cute MILF at least, so more power to you I guess.

what kind of abstract falseflagging is this.

The MILf was just a bonus really.

Attached: Princely Approval.gif (480x270, 1.6M)

People went to bat for the show because they have unresolved trauma for being bullied at school or for their shit drawing skills and championed the show as though it would set things right for them.

2011 has a fan following in Yea Forums and was considered being passable to good.

>2011 has a fan following in Yea Forums
The talback threads were just butthurt and lewds

I'm gonna be straight with you, I only watched for Wilykit.

The framing is right there! A child could see it, how did they not?

who dont want to do it?

Attached: 5c44b93ed2de872f378a915ac4724cce.jpg (723x750, 213K)

Why is this so sexy?

Did this came out already?

>They didn’t even have the "third eye" symbolism which is why he says "sight beyond sight".

Ruined from the fucking start.

>Thundercats Roar
>not Thundercats Ho!
The most infuriating part

This. It will always be known as the show that killed Calarts style.

I gurantee the staff would answer in response to this fault with "Oh it doesn't really matter, its pretty trivial."

they didnt watch it did they ?

Even the creators wanted to. Her destiny in the show was to grow up enough to start birthing Liono heirs.

>watching nu-gioh and defend any type of japanese toy tv show
how many times have they kept bringing back characters from the first show because everyone from the new one are templated pieces of forgettable shits.

Attached: 1547636161587.png (780x533, 886K)

>the 2011 series sucks

said no one ever

Wasn't that one created purely to extend rights ownership?

It does, especially when you know about the prod team getting screwed and replaced, which led too it devolving into a game of kick leo and endless bitching from the threads, but I doubt you where here for that user.

Your face expression sounds familiar.

Attached: 6dwvy1gb7oy11.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

>how many times
Once,Yugi, Kaiba and Pegasus appear in GX but that's all.

Nice rewriting history. I didn't even watch it and noticed it was nearly universally panned on Yea Forums, until Roar got revealed at which point it became the best thing ever.

Reminder: The people who were kids while 2011 Thundercats aired are now posting here.

Teen Titans go was funny.

Go ahead and give me shit, and I'm not saying it wasn't a bad show, it was the most inconsistent thing I've ever watched. But it was funny, and that's why kids watched it. If there's one thing PPG2016 showed, simply copying Teen Titans go isn't enough

Calarts? more like blandstyle

>Prior to the trailer dropping "CALARRRTTTSS" was just shit Yea Forums would spot
>Afterwards, fucking Facebook Moms knew what the term meant.

It's fun to be ahead of the curve.

Give me sniff beyond sniff!

It's all so tiresome.

>All the characters are lel so quirky and wacky with dumb fucking grins on their faces 24/7

The second one sounds like an angry black man who is a fan of Thundercats screaming at a woman who is ignorant of Thundercats

Is it bad if I'm just now noticing the third eye thing? Its actually pretty neat in hindsight.

Is it bad for you not to have noticed it? No. Is it bad for the people who are making a fucking Thundercats reboot not to have noticed it? Yes.

>Every artist in the industry had their own two cents to share about that term
Yeah, but most of them went full damage control and denied that it existed, and then straight up implied that anyone who ever criticizes any new cartoons is put on a “don’t hire” list.

>SHUT UP THERE'S NO NEPOTISM AND IF YOU SAY THERE IS WE'LL COLLUDE TO GET YOU BLACKLISTED I MEAN UH

Reminder that Yea Forums will have an unironic defense force for this show when it comes out.
Happens every fucking time, this show will be no exception.

Attached: 1497542133683.jpg (600x563, 24K)

Name one person who was "blacklisted"

If you stupid niggers keep making threads about it, you're effectively promoting the show. If the producers learned anything from TTG, TR is gonna have a shit ton of references poking fun at the nostalgia wankers. Capitalism is perfecting the art of trolling as a marketing strategy.

Considering Yea Forums isn't entirely a hive mind, there's bound to be some anons that defend the show. Now whether they'll do it to be contrarians or unironically is an entirely different discussion.

It's been almost a year since this was shown of from backlash, I was actually curious about what happened to it. Perhaps their doing a retool after the outrage or maybe it got canned though it's not likely that's the case. Haven't even seen much of it other than the pictures shown when it was first shown and maybe that one gif from last summer but yeah haven't heard about this in a while.

People are focusing on the third eye thing, but for me it's the simplification of the guard too. The Sword of Omens looked cool not just because of the third eye thing, but because the guard looked ornate and unique. Kids love to talk about the neat design aspects of weapons in media they consume, especially swords. Fuck knows how many kids used to obsess over the Master Sword's design back in the day. The reboot is just a regular guard with an eye, it has no fucking personality to it at all, not even minding the embarrassing oversight of the third eye symbolism.

It didn't happen with PPG reboot. The thing is that most of these shows aren't nearly as bad as the outrage mob would want them to be. They were right one time and now expect every new cartoon to be nu-PPG tier. But it doesn't work that way, the suckiness of that magnitude doesn't repeat itself all that often. Though I admit Thundercats Roar raises all kinds of red flags and will be mediocre at best.

>garbage toy commercials that they've always been.
Then why the fuck would you remake it? Unless this version is nothing more than another garbage toy commerical. Fuck off you enabling retards are why we can't have anything nice.

I'm still waiting for a franchise to to a fakeout where it's bad on purpose and then the quality makes a big jump forward.

The original Gundam was always a toy commercial. It was damn good too.

Pickle and Peanut or Larva fit that criteria.

I did myself a favor and googled thundercats go. There have been zero articles, serious discussion, etc. since may 2018. If the whole point of all this was to keep Thundercats in the public consiousness, it's completely failed. On top of that, She-Ra came out, and was well received despite having a completely different "serious" artstyle that all these industry animators said wasn't popular anymore.

Not sure if on purpose, but Summer Camp Island. The difference between the promos and the actual show is incredible.

I mean, I was a kid when 2011 Thundercats aired, and it was apparently so uninteresting to me that I don’t even remember it.

I was 11 years old! I played Minecraft and listened to Black Eyed Peas!

>Lol, Genocide IS FUN...right, kids?

in the original threads there where people willing too give it a chance regardless, world doesn't revolve around your knee jerk hive mind user.

They aren’t going to name people publicly, but there were tweets with an unambiguous “talk shit and we won’t work with you” message. Obviously an accusation that x person wasn’t hired specifically because of something they said in the past would be hard to prove.

Except that’s what happened

>2. Guys who grew up with toy commercial, loved Tygra and wanted to cuck Liono
fixed

>lesbian haircut
>obsessively pumping weights
>possibly has a deep voice like the 80s version
I'm ready for bulldyke Cheetara to uncomfortably grab Pumyra's ass. As a joke.

Have you watched the movie sub or dub?
Cuz dub had a lot of funny jokes but also turned it's story into a joke.

More like "wtf, why do you care about symbolism in a cartoon for kids?"

Sub

sadly, well animated shows are not profitable, it's cheaper to make colorful blobs bounce around making noises, i don't even care that it's thundercats, i never liked it in the first place, i hate it because it looks like shit

People say this as if there is an actual black piece of paper with a list of names that gets passed around from studio to studio and only those sworn into secrecy are allowed to see it.

That's not what blacklisting is. It's not having your portrait hanging in Disney studios with a sign that says DO NOT HIRE like some kind of ban at a restaurant. It's people with hiring power hearing your name and passing you up without even consideration of your abilities because of the bad reputation that proceeds you.

This doesn't mean you'll NEVER get a job in the industry, it just means you have probably less than a 1% chance at getting one in major studios. There are people who are officially blacklisted (Chris Savino, Skyler Page is banned from all of CartoonNetwork, I'm pretty sure CH Greenblatt is blacklisted from Nickelodeon) and then people who just studios refuse to work with because of their bad reputation (Max Gilardi).

Quit complaining

Attached: Kirbopher.jpg (400x400, 41K)

the first episodes were infact good and showed lots of promise and were a nice nod and new begging.

Then they fired the writers of that good beginning, hired some asshole who wanted to suck Tigra's dick, and we got what we got. baka

>be kirbopher
>make cartoons for years and years
>2019, still can't draw for shit

This guy is a hack.

>Inb4 it ends up being average and the outrage was for nothing

Sorry that you don't have standards.