The Great Debate

The Great Debate

Attached: Action_Comics_1000.jpg (512x386, 119K)

Neither, but Detective has better covers.

DC1000 was easily better

>Bendis vs Tomasi
It's not much debate

Tomasi's story in DC1000 was possibly even worse than Bendis's in AC1000. Pic related makes "me boy?" look like high art

Attached: 1553681959058.jpg (1987x3056, 1.24M)

both were incredibly disappointing

DC, better variants
will retain higher invest value.

>implying implications

>detective comics #1000
>literally not one detective story in this issue

the very first story is a detective story, retard

Action had the better overall quality.

I was wrong.

>badman
This cant be real

>IF YOU SAY BATMAN FAST IT SOUNDS LIKE BADMAN
Holy fucking shit

Tomasi is one of those writers who is more insufferable than Bendis. Nobody is even bothered about that fucker unless he fills his books with manipulative comfy moments.

His Batman and Robin wasn’t comfy at all and lots of people loved it. It did the father and son emotional stuff but it wasn’t comfy like his Superman, it was actually pretty dark except for the occasional stuff with Damian’s pets.

His detective comics has been terrible. It's a waste of Doug Mahnke. I'm glad he got rid of the batfamily shit, but that's it.

What are some good anniversary issues? I have Batman 400, Superman 400 and Batman 700. I'm not looking for value or anything, I just want good stories that celebrate the character.

I've also read the DD anniversary issue during Brubaker's run and the JMS Spiderman anniversary issue.

Well, Batman is much better character than super faggot. Therefore DC 1000 wins.

>Batman's villains and supporting cast are actually included
>Superma's are not because they're all boring

Spider-Man 500 is pretty fun

Action Comics at least was game changing. It moved the story along in a big bad way. For better or for worse. How does Dectective do that?

Badman was cringe but the rest of the story was decent and easily better than bendis action comics story.

It isn't remembered outside of the emotional moments either. The rest of the plots were meh. It is liked mostly by Robinfags who are pretty autistic about their characters.

Captain America 700 recently was pretty good.

what?

AC 800 and 850.

Attached: Action_Comics_800.jpg (640x983, 187K)

both

Attached: RvOPiwt.jpg (500x450, 169K)

It’s also remembered for Gleason’s art. A lot of people didn’t pay much attention to him until that run.
Yeah I’m not enjoying his Detective either. However it’s still better than Tom King’s Batman.

Personally, I thought Action did a better job at paying tribute to all the versions of Superman we've seen throughout the years (Golden Age, Kingdom Come, even George Reeves) and telling stories that clearly represent a specific decade for the character. Detective just focused on modern versions of Batman (1990s-Present) if you left out the O'Neil & Epting's story.

Jim Lee understands he is the boss right?

This is Triple H levels of stealing the spotlight to your employees

For their #1000 both of these are rather unspectecular and not really memorable

Amazing Spider-Man 500 is unironically kino and how writers should do centennial issues.

Action Comics will be discussed for years. Dectective Comics will be remembered for badman.

Yeah I read that one, it's the JMS run and it's great.
Not a huge fan of Cap, but thank you.
I'll check these out.

it's not quite the same, Jim is still the most popular artist in the industry

>Current Mark Waid
>Good
Pick one

Rob Liefeld is more popular than him at this point.

waid is good

Good at getting sued for six figures

what does that have to do with his writing

Ironically Bendis had one of the better stories in 'Tec #1000

I think he's hugely overrated, but every now and then he writes a really good story. I really liked his initial arc on N52 Batman & Robin (the one where Damian kills Nobody.)

Thats not what anniversary issues are for and no it really didn't at all.

What did you think of #600?

Was Tomasi the one who did B&R during Death of the Family? I remember everyone was saying that was one of the better tie ins (better than the main book for sure).

Both were awful
DC1000 legitimately made me drop every title I have on pull
I'll switch to trades or storytimes if I have to know something
Otherwise, later virgins

Yeah. He did the entire run of New 52 Batman and Robin, as well as an arc between Morrison and Winnick in the first volume of the series.

lol

>One issue is bad
>Drop comic books entirely

Why is this so common?

Attached: 1485669870553.jpg (690x518, 201K)

because it's a lie

Come on, if you are going to do this at least try to get on the same level as the Hulk pasta.

He’s never had a pull list in his entire life

AC

I liked 400 a lot too. The retcons not so much, but it was a good way to write May off and one of the only high points of the Clone Saga.

The whole "aunt may knew the whole time he was spider-man" didn't make any sense though, unless of course her thought bubbles over the years were lying, lol.

It's mostly a lie. Though saying that I stopped buying floppies with AC#1000

All the Slott anniversary issues feel like season finalies of a CW show rather than celebrations of the character.

Action Comics. It at least had couple of okay stories in it. Detective didn't. Couple of them actually pissed me off, like Snyder's detective club. Like, okay, in concept it's an okay idea. If it had been street level thing where bunch of detective characters crack cold cases, etc. But no. It has to go for the same fucking well as Metal and be entirely about muh universal mysteries and shit. Fuck off Snyder. This is dumb. Trying to make Batman a cosmic detective is stupid.

Attached: 6D86121D-C1FE-4F36-A001-24BA40F4EA62.png (1334x750, 1.88M)

700 had that really nice DeMatties backup story with Old Man Peter and his great Grandson. That felt more like a anniversary issue than anything else.

I don't think you know what you're saying
in a detective story you're supposed to be able to follow the clues and reach a conclusion to solve the mystery before or at the same time as the detective
read Detective Comics and Batman issues from the 70's and 80's if you want to true examples of detective stories, kid

Learn to Samefag more discretely

No he didn't. There's nothing good about it.

still better than Badman

The Great Batwanker got more people to do more variants. Based on the 80 something I've seen so far, none were really better than this one.

Attached: Action Comics (2018) 1000 Michael Allred 1960s variant.jpg (395x600, 208K)

Is this even worth owning?

no

Who cares? You Bendis shills are just flooding the by his direction because he wants to take Batman to save his sales reputation after he proved he doesn't move units AT ALL on Superman and action.

It’s just shitposting. Normally I wouldn’t even begin to think like this because everyone has a right to like what they like, but I have yet to find a valid Bendis fan on here that didn’t post like he was fishing for (You)s. The man is a joke, we all know it.

>still better than Badman
Stephfag still sucks Bendis cock.

>badman
This only works if you have an American accent.

DC1000

wait, Stephfag love bendis ?";

>Tomasi's story in DC1000 was possibly even worse than Bendis's in AC1000. Pic related makes "me boy?" look like high art
.. Seriously, Stephfag ? stop whining.

Does anyboy else really dislike Stephanie Brown? She ruins everything and is just too whiny and pointless to be liked. The most important moment in her life was being killed. Seriously, why is she even alive??!!

Tomasi is perfect for Detective Comics. Oh yes! I sure am excited! Goodbye Duke Thomas and Bat-lesbian !
Bruce: Maybe forming a team will work this time.

I'll buy ANY Superman or Batman book that Tomasi writes. They have been the most consistent books of their franchises since he took over Batman and Robin. They aren't flashy. They're just good. Quit fracking with them.

You Poor Bendisfag. Tomasi is the balance we need for King. Why are all the 80s kids legacy character fans so aggressive about their picks, anyway?

This is so accurate, it hurts.

detective comics #1000

. Action 1000's stories by Dini's And Tomasi were brilliant, not a single story here, even by the same authors came close.

That's an awesome cover though