/shelf/ + recent pickups

/shelf/ + recent pickups

>tfw no Alex Ross DC1000

Attached: BA67C127-7913-44F5-82D0-F61370F81E00.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Batman-Arkham-Ras-Al-Ghul/dp/1401288812/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=batman arkham&qid=1553814027&s=books&sr=1-1
amazon.co.uk/dp/1302920561/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2sFNCbMFR01V8
youtube.com/watch?v=T30Dd7LUkJI
cheapgraphicnovels.com/_search.php?page=1&q=Hildebrandt&x=0&y=0
bleedingcool.com/2019/03/27/cancelled-dc-omnibuses-unpublished-joker-10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They finally came.

Planning on getting Godzilla: Half-Century War next.

Attached: 0714F3B8-E12D-462C-9A4C-E4A507918FE2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.81M)

I’m half tempted to buy the entire New Super-Man run off eBay

>berserk HC vol 1 sold out
reee

Outside of the usual monthly pulls I picked up the new Titan reprint of the old The Prisoner mini DC put out in the 80s. Really nice collection with all the original covers, remastered promo materials, foreword etc.

Attached: prisonershattertitan.jpg (600x910, 92K)

Thoughts on DC1000 lads? I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Certainly enjoyed it more than AC1000.

What does this mean if I've pre-ordered it?

Is Conan the only good Marvel comic left?

most recent books for me
>Battle Angel Alita volume 1 its my first manga and i like it
>DC rebirth Blue Beetle

I've seen the singles packaged together for $5 at a store.
Is it worth a look?

Means you're fucked, since I pre-ordered it too. I guess we just wait to see if it comes back into stock

a decent company would make preorders priority for shipment

Are you dense? All this means is that there were more pre-orders than there were items.

yes im rarted pls forgive me

Then what the fuck is the point of a pre-order?
You order it before it's made so they have enough stock.

Yes, that is generally how pre-orders work. Unless they get more pre-orders then they expected and run out of items. Like right now.

Sold an Absolute V for Vendetta that I had. Needed space and some cash and I prefer the tpb for convenience.

Attached: 20190327_221502.jpg (2063x2135, 2.83M)

>appleseed
fucker. those are so mega OOP

totally changes the ending to the series.

Oh yeah. I had to go hunting for em. It's a shame vol 5'll never get finished but it's a great series

>run out of items
What items? The ones they're supposed to be making while I'm ordering? Do they not have any concept of a buffer?

Do you not know how the publishing business works? They don't crank out a copy every time someone orders one. They have print runs of x amount. Obviously they underestimated the interest in this item. So they will probably do another print run for it. So they will probably do larger print runs for the upcoming volumes. I don't know what else you want me to say. There's no more copies right now: the end.

Good to see you again, boys.
This whole Berserk debacle makes me want to break my dick off in Amazon's ass. I specifically ordered Dementia 21 and timed it to line up with Berserk to hopefully make a nice packed and safe box for GoGo Monster, and then they pull this shit at the last minute. GGM arrived in a big, spacious box and the slipcase was broke (and must have been when they packed it - thanks you fucking idiots); but was luckily easy enough to glue again, good as new.

Attached: IMG_20190327_172329191-1134x2016.jpg (1134x2016, 510K)

Also looking for recs based on what I have. Kirby's Jimmy Olsen and New Gods are my main plan but I'm a but unsure where to go otherwise.

If you like Fourth World check out Simonson's run on Orion, which has an affordable omnibus.

Noted, thanks

And a hopefully (mostly) legible shot of the whole thing. I need to make a stitched image of the new stuff.

That's all well and good, but my order said I'd have it by 9PM on Tuesday until almost noon that day when I was notified it would be another month+. That's ridiculous.

Attached: shelv.jpg (2256x4032, 928K)

How many of you double-dip on trades or hardcovers if you already have either? Is it worth it?

well satan, it depends how much I like the comic itself. and so I suppose it is worth it if you love the comic. the batman year one trade is great, but it's the best comic ever and so I got it in absolute, for instance. but not all comics are batman year one

Attached: IMG_20190327_225304403.jpg (4052x2347, 2.27M)

Transmet book one actually came out?
I wonder how far they'll get before giving up

Only if you're familiar with the show, I'd imagine it's impenetrable otherwise.

Yeah I've heard that, I'm open to interpretations though (and from what I've read this got McGoohan's approval). Did you read the recent Milligan/Lorimer series?

I was 99% sure that I would get the run but since I decided to get some Absolutes, I gave up on the idea. I'm now willing to have hope DC will not be retarded for once and release two Deluxe Editions for the four volumes somewhere in the future

>I wonder how far they'll get before giving up
They better fucking not.

They already cancelled book 2 of Sleeper which I wanted. Now I'm just stuck with the first half of the series.

>Age of Reptiles
Nice! I wish Dark Horse would release a Library Edition of this. I don't trust their paperback omnibus.

Attached: QRhYMom.jpg (869x1135, 456K)

They'll stop there, it doesn't fit with their new trade guidelines of printing fucking nothing and Bendis.

>the spines of the regular New Edition of Sandman don't line up
>the spines of the 30th Anniversary Editions don't line up
What. The. Literal. FUCK. Is. Their. Problem?!?!?!? I feel forced to buy either the Omni or the Absolutes because of this shit

Attached: main shelf.jpg (3024x4032, 2.5M)

How many times have DC collected Johns' GL now? Four?

Floppies, regular volumes, omnis, and the new paperback omnis

And a few Absolutes for high points in the story.

Jeez. Seems like the old paperbacks are still the best way to collect all of it then.

Are they still in print?
Actually, was the GLC series properly collected at all, or was it just Johns-specific stuff?

Not really considering it's a goddamn clusterfuck. I don't have the run but I feel like the three omnis are the most cost efficient and practical way of doing it. If not like that, just go digital

Omni has to be the best way if you don't have any of it yet . I have the OG paperbacks and don't feel like upgrading but if I didn't I would go omni for sure. The omni also (AFAIK) is the only place where Larfleeze Christmas Special is collected. Otherwise you have to find the floppy

Doesn't seem like it, and the second hand prices vary a lot.

I took a second look at it and yeah, it's a clusterfuck. I'd go for the omnis if they included GLC, but since they don't I'll probably just not buy anything.

Recents.
It’s been an excellent month. It was a really good day as well. This morning, I ran an errand to the house of a guy I barely know. We smoked a joint- and then he just gave a 1/2 ounce. It happened so, fast I was in my car before I even really understood what went down.

Attached: E64B5950-8F00-4CA7-9F4F-B679CBD9E66C.jpg (3264x2448, 1.54M)

Canadanons, how likely is it that the BPRD Hell on Earth vol 2 that Chapters/Indigo is selling is the one that is missing a page?

Here are my recent pickups. I'm lucky to have gotten Berserk so quickly. Had to drive 30 minutes away to B&N to get their only copy.

Attached: Recent Purchases.jpg (1977x1482, 1.4M)

Here is shelf 1.

Attached: GN Shelf 1.jpg (3226x1783, 1.92M)

They’re all going to vanish soon. Page missing or not.

Here is shelf 2.

Attached: GN Shelf 2.jpg (3991x1539, 1.8M)

And my manga shelf.

Attached: Manga Shelf 1.jpg (2891x2042, 1.86M)

>Slipcase copy of girls

Attached: F2E04885-1F66-482C-A975-23FDCCD992E5.jpg (438x391, 82K)

Is that FMA just the normal volume 1, but hardback?

Just got both of these for $90

Attached: 4B191AE8-1B98-40EB-B699-B41B77B1A58D.jpg (2048x1511, 739K)

Left is badass.

Not many people notice it anymore. It's been awhile since a storytime of pain.

Yeah, but it's a new translation from what I've seen. And is generally cleaned up better.

Damn. That's lucky

For some reason I didn’t think I’d enjoy the first CA omni. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

>Smorgasbord vol. 1
Fuck you in the eye.

Captain America is blessed

That team up with the Panther; agent 13; The sleepers; Red Skull. That’s some good comics. Kirby’s 70’s run is awesome too.

Yeah, I've learned my lesson with the big special edition titles from Image. They go out of print quickly and then sky rocket in price.

not been a fan of Duggan's Conan. So far I'm think Zub is the best Conan writer at Marvel.

anyhow, new

Attached: new march 19.jpg (2972x4375, 2.95M)

Attached: new march 19b.jpg (2987x4419, 2.54M)

Attached: new march 19c.jpg (4018x2971, 1023K)

Fine stuff user.

Lemire fan? Nice, his creator owned stuff is based.
only for my very favorites, and by that they have to be in my top 5
for anyone interested there is another silent dinosaur comic that just came out call Cretaceous. I'm going to buy it when I can but...I already spend to much.
nice Conan and congrates on the free shit
based Girlsbooks poster! But get Sunstone Omni 2 already, Volume 6 already sold out of it's first print run in 2 days.
And I am off to pick up my mail, so I have Skydoll Decade and PCR's Opera Adaptions Vol 2 at the post office.

Fuck me, 4 full pictures of books in one month is past my limit but I got a nice bonus from work so more presents for me.

I spent more this month than in ages.

I ordered berserk through barnes and noble when it was going for 35 dollars. Canceled amazon pre-order thanks to this thread. Arrives in a few days. Stoked.

Same. This Indigo sale ruined me

I'd go pick the damn thing up at my LCS if I didn't get it for $10 between the sale price and some rewards on Amazon. It's just frustrating to be told at the very last second I'll be waiting another month.

Check out trigun if you like it user it’s one of my favorite mangas

I was worried I wouldn’t get the BPRD hardbacks if I didn’t jump on them immediately. Then I saw the second omni of Marvel’s OG Star Wars for 40 bucks. And then Conan. I wish they'd hold up on making so much shit I want.

ill check it out, looks interesting. im thinking of getting a dragonball and/or an akira book when im done with Alita. im trying to get more into manga.
>OG star wars
you mean like the stuff from the 70s?

Attached: starwars comics.jpg (255x391, 36K)

>I wish they'd hold up on making so much shit I want.
Right? It's hard not to be materialistic when they're so much good stuff!! Born at the wrong time man. Why can't I just be a Japanese boy in the 70s who's happy with whatevers in this week's Jump?

>Why can't I just be a Japanese boy in the 70s who's happy with whatevers in this week's Jump?

because the industry is FUCKED

Hoping for reprints of ASM omnis 2 & 3 to go with the 4th volume that's coming out. I have the first one but missed the boat the first time.

I'm thinking about purchasing this omni, but i was wondering if anyone had feedback on it like if it's badly printed ?

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-213411_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1080x2220, 648K)

if it was written/published before 2005 then its gtg

It's a Marvel omni. You are paying for THE BEST product in the printing world

Akira is great and if you’re into physical comedy and adventure than absolutely check out dragon ball. Some obvious recommendations are Yuyu hakusho and full metal alchemist for solid action maybe check out 20th century boys or billy bat for mystery and cultist stuff others can offer more obscure stuff to maybe suit your taste but enjoy your new trip into japanimation I do wish I was in your shoes right now to find this stuff again
(Is obviously recommend cowboy bebop and samurai champloo but I assumed you’ve already watched them)

the only anime ive seen is the first season of mha and a few episodes of bleach and a handful of episodes of dbz. i just want to read manga.

Thanks, i have way too much DC and i'm building my marvel collection.

Absolutely watch cowboy bebop then it’s short and sweet then enjoy some manga bruh everything else I suggested is good as a manga

>Volume 6 already sold out of it's first print run in 2 days.
This bodes well for me, waiting for the third HC.

Bumpin with some recent picks

Attached: 1553138605985.jpg (2696x1710, 1.56M)

Did you make orders of three, or just all at one time. I've got nine things sitting in my cart, and they seem to be pretty evenly discounted.

>recent pickups
Got Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria HC recently, pretty much dropped two days pay on it.

Got my Savage Sword DM omni. Fucking amazing art. I really hope Marvel finishes this line, but I doubt it.

Attached: IMG_0623.jpg (3736x2648, 2.73M)

is it worth getting any new marvel starwars comic books? i almost got the first volume of the vader trade paperback

Recent gets the first few issues of friendly neighborhood spider-man spider-man Deadpool and the dc new frontier omnibus

Replying to myself.
I just added a tenth for fun, and all items in the cart are heavily discounted. This seems a bit buggy

>you mean like the stuff from the 70s
Yeah. I really like them- after Chaykin and Thomas are replaced by Goodwin and Infantino.

oh i believe you senpai, ive heard cowboy bebop is just a good solid anime. should i start reading and watching one piece

Attached: good solid tank.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Jesus. You just made me want that.
I plan on picking up the Epic Collections in the next month. I wanted to get the Dark Horse omnis but those shot up in price once the rights turned over. I'm just glad they didn't wait to get those printed; it's a shame they'll have that ugly Epic Collection branding though.
>I really hope Marvel finishes this line, but I doubt it.
Why do you doubt it? They seem to be going all-in on Conan.

It is indeed badass, I got the DM too. Those covers went in about 2 hours. The site was fucking slow as shit when they went up too.

Savage Sword lasted like 235 issues. They only printed 18 issues in this omni, which means they'd need to print roughly 13 omnis to complete it. The furthest they've gotten on an omnibus line is 4 volumes(Avengers and Shang-Chi). Just seems doubtful unless they sell like gangbusters.

That's not even counting the Conan the Barbarian omni line they're also releasing right now, which I also doubt will get finished.

>mister miracle
good choice, its so fucking good there were some really intense parts in it that made me tear up a little bit.

Of course they'll finish it. Almost all Marvel stuff was work for hire, so they have no obligations to pay any attention to the creative staff

I love it with all my heart and do recommend reading it. Others have a fancier way if watching / reading but I think the manga is the best way to go

Different user.
You want it.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.78M)

It depends on preorders and how well they sell which determines if they're going to keep releasing a line.

>Savage Sword lasted like 235 issues. They only printed 18 issues in this omni, which means they'd need to print roughly 13 omnis to complete it.
Holy fuck. Well, they seem to be selling well so far, so I'm sure they'll chase that buck.

WEW

Attached: IMG_20190327_191614_392.jpg (3024x3780, 2.53M)

Read yes, watch not so much.
The manga is nearly at 100 volumes and 1000 chapters.
If you're aware at all how filler went with Naruto, that should give you some idea of One Piece's length.

Of the Big Three of yesteryear, it's the most rewarding.

Attached: IMG_20190327_191711_895.jpg (3024x3024, 2.18M)

Is JMD's Defenders/New Defenders any good? The Gerber stuff (1-4 hardcover masterworks out of six) seems to be OOP

Working on getting the BPRD hell on earth omnis next

Attached: IMG_20190327_191643_643.jpg (3024x3780, 3.08M)

Wow, you must really like shitty backpacker rap.

I kid.

>The manga is nearly at 100 volumes and 1000 chapters.
>100,000 chapters
>assuming the average chapter length is 25 pages
>2.5 million pages

christ, i have all 3 volumes of batman: knightfall, and im not even done with the first volume yet and i got them for christmas and its only a mere ~2000 pages

I love these

Attached: 1529906446475.jpg (1988x1452, 2.29M)

i wonder how well the translations are

>buying Armageddon 2001
for what purpose

I want to collect all the volumes desu

Good overall, they keep most of the original names intact, that's the biggest letdown for me when reading translations.

Redo your math, it's 937 chapters with about 18 pages each.

Honestly the anime doesn’t have to much filler but you’re right in terms of reading the manga over watching the anime it’s just better

>The manga is nearly at 100 volumes and 1000 chapters.
>100,000 chapters
Thanks for the kek. Get back to reading, buddy.

i went to pubic school, forgive my retardation

What manga you want to read depends on what you like. For psycological thrillers I'd recommend stuff by Urasawa. Monster and 20th Century Boys are both good, and Pluto is pretty short. For something that feels like a large epic there's Tezuka's Buddha. For some laid back scifi you could check out Saturn Appartments. I don't really like a lot of action manga and can't really stand DB, but I have a fondness for JoJo if you can stomach the bizarreness.

Attached: IMG_20190327_232546.jpg (2448x3264, 1.25M)

Nice. I want that James Warren book. I know nothing other than the existence of EC.

Hopefully Cosmic Odyssey gained something in translation.

Warren and EC are completely different

Hickman Fantastic Four Complete Collection Vol. 2 is finally available I see. Wonder why it took so long. Looks like there will be 3 more volumes by what's left to cover. Wish they would have just reprinted the omnis. O well

Ope, I knew that, not sure what I was thinking just now.
You see, I also went to public school.

What's the best stuff from these guys these days? Getting kinda bored of Marvel/DC right now

Attached: image_logo.jpg (1047x1572, 63K)

>i wonder how well the translations are
BETTER THAN YOUR FUCKING ENGLISH!
They're ok though, they tend to be better than the ones we get in the Marvel collection.

Dude, I've bought Millennium. That is, the main series without any of the tie-ins. What a piece of shit that was.

Yeah. I should have jumped on those omnis.

ive heard good things about gideon falls

tarted reading Black Hammer recently, gonna need that L.E. soon.

Headlopper is pretty fun. I liked rock candy mountain a lot but I'm not sure if its canceled, Rumble was great but has not been the same after the third volume

The Black Monday Murders
Birthright
Ice Cream Man
Snotgirl
Outcast
Southern Bastards although it has been on hiatus a while
East of West though it's ending soon
Redneck was good but it kind of jumped the shark already

I dropped Outcast after about 25 issues. The first volume was special, and the artwork is amazing throughout, but it just kept plodding on and it gave me the impression its one of those Kirkman series that will continue until it stops being profitable for him. Maybe I'll get it in compendium form in the future

Sweet Euroesque Prophet.

Attached: 3158443889059341.jpg (585x900, 360K)

picked this up today along with black science #39 , the start of the last story arc.

love this variant for tec 1000, its so fun.

Attached: 55451609_272713160344474_6468742964259586048_n.jpg (540x960, 89K)

oh cool you just pick up image hardcovers for series that you seem to not continue reading.....
what the fuck is wrong with you

Check out toriko for a comedic action series centered around exotic foods and scenery.

Attached: TORIKO.png (800x600, 703K)

Or I lost my job so I can only pick up stuff periodically. And usually if its on a extreme sell. So don't be a asshole.

Headlopper Seconded. It is pretty damn good. I was put off a bit by the art but grew to love it.

I like Remender's stuff (Black Science, Deadly Class, Seven to Eternity) but they all have erratic schedules.

Die
Unnatural
Middlewest

In that order

Read Ouran High School Host Club, the manliest thing to come out of Japan.

For a poorfag who cant afford the absolutes, which sandman tpbs have more bonus content, the old ones or the new 30 anniversary ones? otherwise I might buy the slipcase of all the ones the released a few years back

One Piece is peak shonenshit and has about 940 episodes by now, so if nothing else it'll last you for a while.
And honestly, it wouldn't've become as big of a thing as it is if it weren't at least decent, so I don't care if people talk shit about it. By Arlong Park you're either hooked or not.

I was asking the same question in the last thread. It's really odd since it's pretty much as cheap as getting the single trades at this point. Spider-Man and in some cases even Hulk are hard to find in TPB form so this is the only way to collect the shit. The paper quality is apparently fine and the binding too. The only thing that bothers me that it's fat and that I don't have a single omni in my collection

If you're looking to buy the slip, just get the absolutes. I am literally doing the same thing since the slip is pretty expensive at this point while you only pay like a 100 bucks more for PREMIUM quality. The paperbacks just aren't worth it. Either get the Absolutes or the Omnis

Just found out Stan Sakai will be at the con I go to every year. I've had Usagi Yojimbo on my wishlist for a couple years now and I figured this would be the kick in the ass I needed to actually start buying,..
Except now I find out about the move to IDW and the purported re-release of the collections, so I don't know what to do with that. So instead, should I get 47 Ronin?

who is charge of DC's collecting now?

Nobody

From last year Infidel and Stellar were bar better than anything Marvel and DC put out

ah, DC...how you manage to stay in business is beyond me..

>bar
*far

and hopefully my final march buys...I am getting PCR's Opera's in reverse order it seems but holy fuck are they some of the best comics I have ever read. I highly, highly recommend them to /shelf/

Attached: new mar 19d.jpg (2619x3823, 1.87M)

It kind of feels like it's ending soon. Maybe this is just its equivalent of the prison arc from TWD but it feels like it's ramping up to something. And now that the show flopped I could see Kirkman just making this a stopping point.

Batman and Harley Quinn are a free pass.

I had six months of purchases planned out but fuck everything I now need this.

Not exactly shelf, but I thought this belonged here.

Attached: 20190328_165544.jpg (2828x2253, 1.68M)

And here's the actual shelf.

Attached: 20190328_165713.jpg (2976x1482, 1.61M)

What is this exactly? Not much can be inferred from your image.

They're just books wrapped in plastic for storage.
Mostly Disney stuff.

Dark knight returns and watchmen are always on best sellers lists for DC, it's just free money for them

Rock Candy Mountain had an ending. It was good.

Those bullshit Black Label re-releases really annoy me.

Yeah I wanted to get them for a while. Russell is a master.

They aren't. If their solicitations are anything to judge, they have nothing planned past Steptember

S-surely they will be fine.

I’m sure DC will remain open, it’s an idea farm- no wait that’s Marvel- no wait-
Everything is screwed. Ten years until Fanta is publishing Spider-Man reprints.

The Strawberry Spider is my favorite Fanta character. However, the Pineapple Wolf that Strawberry Spider teams-up with every now and again is pretty cool too.

Where’s my berserk !!!!?

Why do only Americans get these collected edition while Europe gets nothing? We have plenty of manga fans so it really baffles me why they wouldn't collect that shit in other languages

Do you even look at the italian, french and spanish markets? There is a lot there.

I've recently noticed Germany has gotten hardcover versions of some stuff, like Blame, while NA only got paperbacks.

Are you drunk or something? Germany and France completely shit on the US when it comes to licensing manga.

Granted, I don't know about those markets but Germany hasn't gotten the Berserk or even the DB collections which is pretty odd considering there's tons of Dragon Ball fans here

first time I'm hearing this. You're right, they have the master editions released here. Even weirder considering that Blame doesn't have even remotely as many fans as DB

I was talking about collected editions, not licensing in general. Obviously, we are more than lucky when it comes to getting manga and anime licenses. Hell, Germany literally has tons of dubs for pretty much every anime out there. I'm stoked to finally binge watch all Digimon Tri movies in may. The German dubs shit on the originals easily as is the case with every other show and movie anyway

This . Everything I’m interested in but isn’t printed in English will invariably be available in French. They must read a lot of manga over there

Arthur Adams stuff came in, 3 posters and an artbook
He threw in the starwars and (not pictured) fucking massive King Kong vs T-Rex posters

Attached: IMG_20190326_134918.jpg (3264x2448, 1.67M)

Batman: the company

I'm itching to see a good Batman collection. I wanna see what trades I'm missing

refer to

batfag reporting in with better photos

Attached: 56439133_1056929167833537_2496689215291523072_n.jpg (3584x2728, 2.98M)

What are your favorite Batman collections?

How do you feel about Batman Rebirth? I really don't want to read it but I feel weird having Nightwing and red hood rebirth and not having Batman rebirth. Is all star Batman a good substitute until King is finished with his run?

like which books in that pic do I like the most?

>Batman Black Glove Deluxe Edition
>Batman RIP Deluxe Edition
This part (when the title was Batman) was always my favorite part of Morrison's run. It's just delightful

>Batman Second Chances
>Batman Caped Crusader Vol. 1
Post-crisis pre-Knightfall is by far my favorite Batman era and Starlin's run while Jaosn Todd was alive is a particular high point for me. The only time Robin was a truly compelling character is here.

>Batman Black Mirror
One of the best Batman stories ever, the best thing Snyder ever wrote, and a masterclass of art from the alternating team of Jock and FrancoFranca

>Batman Tales of the Demon
The entirety of ONeil/Adams R'as Al Ghul/League of Assassins stories, and not recolored! Woo! Old trade so pick it up if you can find it. This is peak bronze age Batman

>Batman Strange Apparitions
Steve Engleheart's run on Detective Comics, #2 bronze age run after ONeil Adams, and featuring my favorite Bat-girlfriend, Silver St. Cloud

I better stop because I could do a blurb for literally everything pictured

No.

Honestly I fucking LOVE Tom King's run. I know I'm in the minority since everyone on Yea Forums seems to hate it, and King, but I adore it.
> I really don't want to read it
Well that's just silly. At least read it to find out if you like it. Never let Yea Forums hivemind color your taste. Always decide for yourself. My shelf would be a tenth the size if I only read things I was "supposed" to.
>Is all star Batman a good substitute until King is finished with his run?
They're a little different. All Star is a little more straightforward saturday morning cartoons kind of comics. I mostly bought it for the artwork (and because I'm a batfag and will buy almost anything batman...) I swear Snyder has never worked with a bad artist. He's so lucky. Imagine if Morrison had Capullo for 50 straight issues? I digress

>>Batman Tales of the Demon
I definitely second this recommendation, it's amazing. One of my favorite Batman trades in my collection too.

Got the last issue of the The Button lenticular variants yesterday. God they're beautiful.

I like it too. Except WOJAR and the Ivy arc. Those sucked.

Anybody want to buy a Marvel Legends X-Force Deadpool? He's missing one katana but he has all the other accessories, BAF and box.

Attached: 20190328_125823.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

If a virus mysterously killed all writers and artists from 1976-1996 DC, would they be more willing to reprint stuff?

No. You will never have Kyle Rayner Vol 3. Fuk u.

I wasn’t crazy about those either but at least it’s a small part of the run

Doubt it, they want that huge profit margin.

No, because somehow some of the contracts are connected to family estates.
The Wasteland reprint was probably not going to happen anyways because of weak preorders, but the estate of Del Close apparently didn't really approve.
And Neal Adams is out there arguing for the GRANDKIDS of creatives to have royalty rights for their grandparents work

I personally think King's run is bad, read some of it online first and decide for yourself, thought i ended up dropping it during i am suicide because it was just really mediocre, though the future issues i have read online have some pretty varied quality, though they're mostly mediocre, with terrible stuff like the gift sprinkled in.

gonna frame and hang this

Attached: batman 66.jpg (1066x1600, 369K)

5.99 each trade from avatar and 7.00 each prophet trade.

fucking diamond "forgot to send vol 1 to god is dead."

Attached: 20190328_175107.jpg (4032x3024, 3.41M)

>read thing digitally
>buy first volume to support the creator
I do this all the time.

What the fuck is happening here?

I'm the guy who has that shelf. I'm fully caught up on every series digitally and I own most if not all of the floppies for each series I read. I just tend to buy volumes when I see them on a good sale usually.

no, not at all

Found the first Fantastic Four Epic for $38 shipping included

Attached: 1530325435471.jpg (1698x1850, 294K)

I think I had a good day at my local shop. Snagged the X-Men 129 for $10 and Scarlet for $6.

Attached: 2FEE34DE-44DC-4C40-AFC1-C26B80BBB27B.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

Nice pickups user. The X-one's go without saying, but Sabrina's fun and while Scarlet's Bendis going SJW to the max, I still like it.

Nice! I got it for RRP a couple years ago. It's comfy, man

My trip was really just for Sabrina and Grand Design, but I guess someone traded in a bunch of books and the owner of the shop was just throwing random prices around, so there was no way in hell I was going to pass the other two up. I heard the current Scarlet run isn't doing too well, so eh.

I enjoyed the Morrison collection and Bronze age Brave and the Bold.

I'd really like to buy it but it's $40 for a used 200-page tpb. We seriously need omnibuses/deluxe editions of 80's Batman.

DC Epic Collections are sorely needed.

Seems those stories were reprinted here

amazon.ca/Batman-Arkham-Ras-Al-Ghul/dp/1401288812/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=batman arkham&qid=1553814027&s=books&sr=1-1

Addendum: O wait just 3 of them. Tales of the Demon collects
>Batman #232, #235, #240, #242–244; Detective Comics #411, #485, #489–490; DC Special Series #15

Arkham: Ras Al Ghul only collects
>Batman #232 and #243-244
From the original saga. Darn

Still, for 40 dollars I would pick up that Tales of the Demon trade. It's just excellent, and it has the original colors on a non-glossy paper stock so it looks as good as you can get.

>The Wasteland reprint was probably not going to happen anyways because of weak preorders, but the estate of Del Close apparently didn't really approve.

Where did you read that? I just chalked it up to low preorders

DC is clueless on what to sell. Kamandi went with without reprints for 25 years.

The day that AT&T announces that DC won't be publishing any new stuff and will be voiding all old contracts will be a great one.
After voiding contracts, no one would want to work for them, and so they'll be free to print whatever they think of profitable

Try BST on /toy/

>mfw future scenario where AT&T has no confidence in DC publishing and sells the rights to Disney
>mfw Batman and Superman Epic Collections
>mfw Batman book with the Marvel logo

Attached: 7f05045ca179233b36424df709926fbc.jpg (500x729, 22K)

still have to tear up the contacts, or wait for everyone to die

Let me dream. All I ever wanted was every Detective Comics/Batman/Action Comics/Superman issue from 1970 through 1991

>Flash/Green Arrow/Green Lantern Silver Age
>Alan Scott GL
>JSA
>World's Finest
>Classic Brave and the Bold
I know that this stuff would play to a niche market overall, and there'd be a lot of risk, but they've had *so much time* to do this. Marvel Epics started in what, 2012, 2013? Instead of the regular size tpbs being eeked out, there could have been a bunch of 3-400 page collections for those interested.

>I know that this stuff would play to a niche market overall, and there'd be a lot of risk
Shit, Marvel has 7 (SEVEN) Chang Chi omnis, which were out long before plans for a movie. Marvel specializes in niche. Go bankrupt DC, fuck!

I don't think that's entirely legal.

beautiful!
I never read his earlier Scarlet, but this one was shit. Worst of the 4 Jinxworld books he did. Also what's special about X-men 129?

6 omnis, isn’t
Mokf 1-4
Deadly hands 1 and 2
I have 5/6

*isn’t it?

Whoops, you are right. It is 6. Still.

>Milligan/Lorimer series

was that based on the new series which even i didn't understand or like?

and i have a degree in technobabble.

>Being this dumb.

one of the first issues where jason winguard of the hellfire club begins to use his powers to turn jean grey clone into the black queen thus starting the dark pheonix saga

Thanks. I’ll sleep easier. For real.

Finished Hell on Earth. I’m interested in reading the Devil You Know.

don't be. It's very, very rough.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that where the story has gone has made me reconsider buying the rest of the HoE omnis

I storytimed a single issue of Batman Confidential that I think is a standout issue both of that title and of Batman as the "world's greatest detective". Check it out
I've heard it's quite bad but I mean, I'm 10 hardcover volumes invested into this series. I'm going to be buying and reading that 11th and final volume no matter what.

Read the manga. Its higher quality and faster

Redpill me on epic collections

Chronlogical collections of un-reprinted material on the finest glossiest papet imaginable at a rate of $52 CAD/400 pages

The future

A lot of people like it but I didn't, there was no sense of progress and every arc is the same shit where they go to an island and all split up and fight the minibosses and then Luffy fights the final boss.

>Omnibuses bow to Epic Collections
>Produced by aliens who love comics
>Possess psychic-like abilities to aid the reader
>Control the comic industry with an iron, but fair, fist
>Allowed Marvel execs to own castles & banks globally
>Direct adaptations of single issues never before collected
>Will allow Marvel to bankroll the first cities on Mars (Epicgrad will be be the first city)
>First designer babies will only buy Epic Collections
>You need a 215+ IQ to read them (such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51)
>Ancient Indian scriptures, the earliest forms of Epic Collections, tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>You likely have Epic Collections on your shelf right now

Can't tell if High Evolutionary or just High

What's going on with the Berserk deluxe editions, Dark Horse being Dark Horse or will they be reprinted?

I've seen some negative build quality user reviews on a few of the newer releases.
Something about the manufacturing press being switched?

One of Didio's facebook messages to retailer groups offhandedly mentioned that the estate of a "thespian" wasn't pleased with their association with some funnybooks.
I put two and two together

My Bone omnibus I got in fifth grade is so old and well loved it falls apart more and more every time I even move it. I'm debating on replacing it or just getting all of the colored trades.

do you mean the embossed hardcover or the thicc paperback?

Thicc, baby.

may as well replace it, it's only like 30 dollars. I think bone is better in black and white anyway

Shameless self replying but these are my favorite gets this year i think. Reading now and my god and they both great. Sky Doll got some amazing emotional moments and the Operas are just technically some of the best stuff i have ever seen.

I finally did it, holy shit. Now I can focus on the remaining few GL trades left and all of the collected events / Crisis'.

Attached: RIP GLfag's wallet.png (707x489, 69K)

RIP

Jesus christ.

Today I bought
>Lobster Johnson 1
>Judenhass
>Attack on Titan Colossal Edition 1
>Battle Angel Alita Deluxe Edition 4
>Ring of Nibelung
I think that's an okay pile.

>>Attack on Titan Colossal Edition 1
the artwork for this book is soooo baaaad

Yes, the author was given the honor of having had the worst artwork to ever win whatever award it was he won back when he made his first one-shot manga.

>>Ring of Nibelung
I have no shame in saying this is a more important book to have on your shelf than The Watchmen or The Sandman. It is better than both

It took me a few years to get around to it but now I'm getting it.

The covers are noticeably thinner but my newest one (Amazing Spider-Man 18) doesn't fall apart unless you actively try to tear it. You instantly notice the difference but it's not like you're being sold something worthless. Epic collections are the best thing Marvel has done since their omnis and their omnis are the best in the business.

>Marvel would publish Ostrander's Spectre run in Epic Collection format
>Warlord omnis
>Legion of Superheroes omnis
It's nice to dream, huh.

You can make a new wallet out of duct tape.

Attached: DIG031645_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (640x978, 666K)

>Wildstorm and Vertigo books still not fully collected
fuck

>that green text on a black background that fits perfectly with the aesthetics of the cover
user I'm going to hunt you down and fuck you for what you've done to me

Goddamn, that would look fucking gorgeous on a shelf.

DC could be doing things like that, but they won't.

Attached: 638196._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1969, 1.71M)

Yeah they'll get on it right after the ghost rider omnibus.

In your heart you know Ghost Rider will be collected one day. Right after a Foolkiller paperback.

Couldn't wait that long, so I took my doubles of issues 1-94 sent them to get bound for custom Ghost rider omnibus(also did siege of darkness, midnight massacre binds ) I'll post them when they get in.

Sounds neat.

ghost rider got an omnibus

woofully out of print and only covers aaron's run of issues Ghost Rider #20-35, Ghost Riders: Heaven's On Fire #1-6

We're talking 70's Ghost Rider obviously, user.

I get what you're saying, and everything comes to a head when Ace gets arrested.
Everything before that was just worldbuilding.

>no sense of progress
I think the hero having thousands of followers and half the map to the treasure counts as progress.

I liked King's Batman, I liked the build up with each arc.
But I hate his dialogue and I hate how he handled the "wedding" and everything around it.

Dunno, I'm hoping I'm not getting fucked over.
Ordering IST next time.

Are we talking about One Piece? I still am stalled out at Fishman Island under the sea stuff. Strange comics.

>he hasn't met Caesar, Bartolomeo, Rocinante, Senor Pink, Katakuri, Pudding, JACK THE DRAUGHT or any of the other amazing characters of the New World yet
user you're in for a treat.

getting an Epic collection which is better

Is that confirmed?

Anons, it's comin up. I have the original format but this includes a 13 issue separate run on Doc Strange.
Doctor Strange Epic Collection: Triumph and Torment amazon.co.uk/dp/1302920561/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2sFNCbMFR01V8

Excellent!

I'd like to get into collecting, where can I buy relatively cheap omnibus?

Kind of a vague question. What characters do you like?

>relatively cheap
IST usually is pretty cheap friendo.

Luke Skywalker, Vader, the Old Republic, honestly a lot of what I like is in Legends. Mostly Dark Horse stuff. I used to read them at Borders after school, but I didn't have money for them?

In Stock Trades? If so, thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out right now.

Yes, you go check it out and grab yourself some fun stuff like the JLI omnibus or something.

Ohhhh. Old Star Wars Omnibuses.. Yeah. That's kind of a terrible place to start since it's all stupid expensive and out of print.

What's so good about the Justice League?

>out of print and stupid expensive
Ah. Well fuck me for not getting them sooner than now then. Where would you recommend starting for Star Wars?

>What's so good about the Justice League
Nothing. Justice League International though? That's fun. Like really fun. Funny, well written, filled with fresh ideas (for the time) and driven by characters and their personalities.
I love it.

eBay is going to have to be your bet, outside of the current Marvel Star Wars stuff. And after doing some looking, Dark Horse stuff looks like it has plummeted since no longer cannon and not Marvel, so you may be in luck. Pic related is $107 for all 6.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 264K)

some new stuff on amazon
>Dec 24, 2019 Suicide Squad by Keith Giffen
is this any good?

>Dec 24, 2019 The Flash by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 1
>Collects The Flash #164-191, The Flash: Iron Heights #1, The Flash: Our Worlds at War #1, The Flash Secret Files and Origins #3 and DC First: Flash and Superman #1.
so looks like it will be two omnis instead of the previous three

I'm against just everything being monopolized this much, but I would accept it if I actually thought this would happen.

I like Zatanna

Good taste. I want to get Dini's Zatanna hardcover book, but it's priced a bit high. I need to find a good sale

Attached: zatanna5.jpg (1142x800, 260K)

It's a masterworks that due in Oct, but shit I'll have blaze omnibus by then. Just need a few more doubles

Attached: 15538781218151785906819870905402.jpg (2560x1440, 1.4M)

Anyone have an idea if how the new Conan Chronicles Epics compare to the Dark Horse omnibuses? I guess it doesn't really matter because Birth of the Legend is like $80 used compared to ~$20 new for the new printings, but I'm curious. I've never bought an Epic before.

I love those Star Wars omnibuses. I currently only have the X-wing Squadron ones, but my local flea market has a few others.

Up!

Attached: Shelf 01 Jan 2019.jpg (1632x1224, 658K)

Did DC raise the retail price of vol 2? I remember it being $100

>tfw casual Xanadu tiddy in her book
wew, Hadley draws some cute girls. That version of Death was pretty damn cute, too, but I don't think she can not be cute.

MRS. /SHELF/ GET DOWN

The best part is that it doesn't even collect ALL of the Green Lantern from '04 - '14. It's missing the entirety of Vol. 2 GL Corps, Ion, and Brightest Day. They could've squeezed two more Omnibus' worth out of it.

It was a little higher than $100 for a short time because people opted to buy it over Blackest Night as a standalone trade. DC's long since restocked it and now it runs for about $60 on Amazon since the majority of people who would've bought it already have.

The only reason I went for them on In-Stock Trades was because Amazon is absolute scum when it comes to packaging books.

I was so close to getting that GL omnibus vol 1 but I got Thor vol 3 instead

Im sorry, what?

Attached: Shelf 02 Jan 2019.jpg (1632x1224, 580K)

>Tentamon
Based.

Attached: Shelf 03 Jan 2019.jpg (3264x1224, 877K)

IDW ded

Mail call! Top row: what I wanted. Bottom row: cheap stuff that mite b cool

Attached: 20190329_165832.jpg (2560x1440, 1.37M)

Holy fuck, I had no idea silver age doom patrol was so thick a book.

wait what berserk debacle? i ordered one, but its still in the mail

>tfw you will never go longbox digging with Ed Piskor

youtube.com/watch?v=T30Dd7LUkJI

Any manga that isn't on IST get from RightStuf
Amazon should never be used

>i ordered one, but its still in the mail
Consider yourself lucky. I pre-ordered back in February, just to have my order changed from arriving release day to coming late April/early May the morning it was supposed to come. And I'm not alone.

I'm not familiar with that site, but I'll look into it.
I have a Prime credit card for the points because I thought it would be good for books, but I've been proven wrong.

damn, he's patrician as fuck

It's basically an improvised weapon

The shops around him seem cool as hell, I've never found a stack of that much cool shit in a $1 bin at either of the shops around me. Hell I'm not sure if the smaller shop even bothers carrying back issues of non Marvel/DC stuff from before the 90's

Nimue is pure, PURE!

Attached: madame xanadu.png (1400x1000, 1.31M)

this

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

I was looking for this. Thanks.

no problem

Attached: death xanadu.jpg (649x485, 94K)

this. who the hell's LCS has stuff like that hanging around for 25 cents?

Hell yeah, did we sell you on Xanadu? Hadley's artwork is amazing and I tried to seek out more of her books but didn't find anything.

Yeah Yuropeon here, I've NEVER seen even a 1/4 of those issues in boxes here.

>>Dec 24, 2019 Suicide Squad by Keith Giffen
>is this any good
No, not really. It ended up being vindictive-mode-Giffen.
The Eclipso 90s series that followed that bad fifthweek event would be the better followup series for the Ostrander series, even though it wasn't good.

yeah, she vanished from the industry after this. Sucks cause she was really good.

What type of magic did she have? I don't remember her using a wand or speaking backwords like Zatanna

mostly alchemy and fortune telling. But she can use some minor magic like levitation. She lost most of her power when she left the faerie stuff behind and joined the world.

Didn't she gain it back when Death appeared

a bit of it, but mainly she got her immortality back then.

These threads made me aware of it due to it being relatively expensive and/or hard to find. When I saw it brand new at my LCS for 20% off list price I nabbed it. Only read the first volume so far, but I liked it.

She co-wrote a bit of Marvel's early Moon Girl and DD series.
She did the art for an Image series called Rocket Girl, but it ended up having crazy delays that killed all momentum. Seriously, look up the issue release dates on Image's website.
She still does a variant here and there (like the Young Justice #1 cover for Amythest)

It's rare in that the trades are ~7 years old at this point, and the series itself had poor sales, so they didn't produce a lot of them.
If it had won the eisner for best new book when it started, maybe it would have had more printings. Wagner ignored Didio's "books published under Vertigo are in their own universe" decree, so the book was doomed when the new 52 was being planned even if the sales were good.
But Matt Fraction's Iron Man won instead.
From that same year, The Unknown Soldier by Dystart was also fantastic, but sold even worse, and I don't think it actually got everything reprinted.

Does shelf like Hadley?
>spoiler
This still makes me mad

it was /shelf/ that got me into the books, cause I found Vol 1 for free at a library nook. Lucked out getting the other 3 for under cover price too

Attached: madame-xanadu-1-cover-amy-reeder-art-600x300.jpg (600x300, 46K)

Old post I know but No Man's Land vol 3 is doing my OCD in

>From that same year, The Unknown Soldier by Dystart was also fantastic
I have the first volume, and I though it was okay. I think I'm in the minority because I don't much care for Ponticelli. His stuff looks very digital and sloppy. Reminds me of Moritat, who I also don't like.

>legends
cheapgraphicnovels.com/_search.php?page=1&q=Hildebrandt&x=0&y=0
I got the second in today. The second is kind of hidden on the site, but follow the link lr search for Hildebrandt.

Attached: 5BF141D3-8572-4679-A323-74C6F2F4843B.png (1536x2048, 835K)

I’m not sure if that’s what y’all are talking about, but here’s what I got today. For 40$ no less!

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.62M)

Yeah I can't remember how that little thing on the bottom got ripped off. Maybe I bought it used, or it arrived damaged, it was a while ago. Luckily I have very little OCD when it comes to mismatched spines so I live with it

Hey

hey, sup?

I’m reading Star Wars. All the captions sound like Alec Guiness has in my head.

You're welcome

I have abandon the whole Star Wars universe, it just doesn't interest me anymore, but hope you enjoy. I am being shittier and watching Comic Book Palace

I lost interest in Star Wars so long ago that I’m coming back to it like it’s new. I’m reading the original Marvel comics. I tried some of the newer stuff and it wasn’t to my taste.

>finally got all the Sandman absolutes
feels good

>all
pics or GTFO

its crazy how fun Piskor seems and how boring his actual comics are

Thoughts on Vinland Saga?

Comics are a visual medium.

Who are some interesting artists to look into, /shelf/?

Dave McKean
Seinkeiwehiehifjawei ich
Peter Craig Russell

Kirby
Moebius
Alex Ross
Wrightson
Windsor-Smith

mike allred is my favorite

Attached: Zanardi-000.jpg (2328x3056, 1.9M)

should I go to Wondercon or just literately do anything else

The farming part is not bad despite what action-oriented fans would tell you.

Sienkiewicz
Steranko
Zulli

stay home and watch tokyo drift

Where is Wondercon at?

thanks friends

not your friend, mate.

when did Kingdom Come threads become bump limit outrage factories?

They've been like that for awhile now because it's an easy target. It's written in such a way that it's easy to purposely misconstrue the story to make this point or that point and bait people in circles.

>mebbe Cable isn't cool
Waid's a hack

Don't bring that evil here.

since D&C/EVS defense force moved in to Yea Forums

Joe Jusko
Alex Ross
Frank Frazetta
Carl Barks
Moebius
Miyazaki
Murata

>DC will never finish collecting Nightwing.
>DC will never finish collecting Robin.
>DC will never finish collecting Green Arrow.
>DC will never finish collecting The Spectre.
>DC will never reprint The Question.

wtf dc?

>Seinkeiwehiehifjawei ich
Is this a stroke, or were you trying to say Stjepan Sejic?

yikes, no

Attached: BK04 46.jpg (822x1250, 765K)

My goals for the next year or so. But I want to get a lot of those guest spots he did thrown in there as well.

Gene Coan
John Buscema
John Romita Sr
Samnee
Ditko
Neal Adams
Tim Sale
Jim Steranko

They will never finish the reprints of Sandman Mystery Theatre.

>Neal Adams
What a terrible fucking artist, fuck you and your dumb bait list

>Talking shit on Adams

Attached: Green-Lantern-Green-Arrow001f.jpg (640x240, 49K)

>Doom Patrol vol. 3
>Shade the changing man
>Bronze age Batman

Any short comic, everyone has read, viewed as untouchably perfect by its fans to the point that people who dislike it are suspect of evil or bad faith or contrainism- fucking begs to become a shitpost factory. All anyone has to do is dislike it- or superman- and you’re headed for bump limit. If you want (yous) KC, Watchmen, DKR will get them.

>bait list
Here's your (you). Develop some fucking taste in classics

Also *Colan. I forgot to correct that earlier

Araki

James Stokoe
David Petersen
Taiyo Matsumoto
Benjamin Dewey
Doug TenNapel
Tsutomu Nihei

>They started collecting Mystery Theatre in my country
>Only lasted a single hardcover volume and got canned due to low sales
Why must it always be like this

We’re all gonna make it

As someone who is planning to get them all without having read a single issue of Sandman show pics so I can be jelly you filthy fag!!!!

Yes, we all hate DC.

DC’s Trade departhment is the Krampus of comics.

To be honest, I hate neither of the big 2 because I understand that they have literally thousands of stories to choose from when deciding what to print. You just can't print all of it if you want to make profit so I don't get what the constant whining is about. You want runs to be collected? Make yourself heard. Hit up the DC/Marvel staff on Twitter and be annoying to the point where they think there's a lot of interest for a particular run

I just came across this. I’d forgotten i had it.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.34M)

I don't hate DC. I just hate whats going on in their trade department.

The Hunger Dogs: Or How I Forgot What My Old Comic Was About So Here's Some Bullshit About Industrialization

Marvel has a handle on it. Dc doesn’t. That’s that.
You can make excuses for DC all you want, it doens’t change shit. Look at all the Marvel omnis in these threads. You know why people bought them- because they were availbale. DC solicits and cancels all the time. It’s not the consumers fault they can’t run their buisiness. Fuck DCs preorder game. i’ll just keep buying marvel trades and omnis because they have a fucking clue.

I like the ending.

This. I remember thinking it'd be cool to have more Quasar and within six months Marvel put out more Quasar. Like who cares about Quasar? He's not in any movies, that's for sure. And yet they put out a new collection out of nowhere.
And then there's all those Conan omnis they've got coming out. How many people care about sword & sorcery from the 70's? Yet Marvel is putting those out.

They've also given Conan two on-goings so far, and had him appear in other books. They're building him up, and I assume they expect that to feed back into omni and EC sales down the road.

I just wish Marvel would get their shit together with their new TPBs. The paper is so thin you can see right through it and they cut them from 6 to 5 issues and kept the same price

I guess you can explain it away, if it makes you feel better, but Marvel still has their shit together and DC doesn’t- no matter what reasons you pull out of your ass.

That, sucks, I generally don’t buy collections that small. For Marvel it’s almost all Omnis and an EC here and there.

Still not based on preorders.

I don't have Death but I've already read it and it's so short

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

I wasn't trying to downplay what they're doing. Jesus Christ, both of you calm down you gigantic faggots.

She's judging you user. You should have her on your shelf The cover gallery is worth it

Attached: death cosplay.jpg (564x700, 59K)

Sorry user, I’m just mad about my 5yl HC. i don’t even want to hate DC. They’ve forced my hand.

make what?

Is there a cuter version of death? _no

Jesus christ, that looks sexy as fuck. I fucking hate you!!!! How much did you pay for it, mate? I think I'll get the first three in the next few weeks, depending on whether I get some money on my Paypal

The Overture is thinner than I imagined but I'm looking forward to that one the most. I'm fighting with myself over getting the Death Absolute because it has material from one of the previous Absolutes while being the most expensive book of them all. The Deluxe seems to be the better decision in that regard

I got them new from IST so at $58 each it was $350 for all 6 but I didn't buy them all at once. I haven't read Overture yet so I'm excited for that too. Overture and Volume 5 are definitely smaller than the first 4 volumes.

Sounds nice. I wonder why Euros can get the 6 books for less than 330 while Americans have to pay more but hell, I won't complain
I hate the fact that I will have to look where to store those abominations though

*What a terrible fucking writer

He draws pretty well for someone insane.

The biggest excuse is that Marvel literally had a stamp that they would stick over the signature part of cheques so in order to be paid, the creatives would have to sign the "you have no rights to anything you are being paid for" if they wanted to cash that cheque

Does DC do that

>abominations
That's true. I had to get another shelf because my current one isn't big enough to stand absolutes up on.

We continue

Attached: LokiBump.jpg (3073x2296, 1001K)

They didn't from 1976 to the mid 1990s when Kahn was president. She got them to sign contracts that gave them reprint money and residuals if the book broke even on the newstands.
Alan Grant has said that in 1988 the break even point of Detective Comics was 70,000. His writing partner (John Wagner) secretly quit because he wanted royalties and the book was under the cut.
Then Burton's Batman came out in 1989, and Detective Comics swelled to 350,000. That's why the "Batman by Norm Breyfogle" hardcovers were so limited. He actually got a lot of money from them, and DC printed it in the first place because he had a stroke.
But then he died about a month before the second hardcover came out.

Boy
I spent too much this month

they are basically incompetent at this point and accidentally put out less than a dozen good issues each year

I know that feel.
With today I think it's closer to $200.

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-145309.png (792x235, 23K)

I set myself to 50$ too at month. I end up spending 60~ normally but int this couple of weeks around 150

what is this? some kind of money management app?

Picked up some issues of Dazzler today. I'm about 1/3rd of the way to a complete set. Not sure why I'm doing this to myself.

I've been consistently above my limit since the turn of the year. I've sold some things in return, though. I think it's mostly balanced. I did the math the other week and I think I've spent like $800 or so on books in the past 12 months.

Every Dollar

who hope dc doesnt cancel the lemire animal man omnibus here?

I didn't even know they were making that.
He's hot right now. They probably won't.

They better fucking not. I've been wanting an omni forever.

is black hammer as good as people say?

I'll buy it if they print it. Would go well with my Snyder Swamp Thing deluxe edition.

It's quite good. I love the art and the references to other comics. I've only read the first library edition though and it didn't end on a satisfying note (it's a cliffhanger). It's slightly lefty but not too bad.

Picked up Hellboy the first 20 years and Spider-Man & X-Factor today.

eh. I couldn't give away my trades if I wanted to. Snyder's Swamp Thing/Lemire's Animal Man is a major regret for me. did nothing for me

IMO it's the best, or candidate for the best, comic of the decade. If you lump it in with superheroes then it's easily the best superhero comic of the decade

Attached: 1530855016868.jpg (2448x4848, 3.82M)

>Would go well with my Snyder Swamp Thing deluxe edition.
That went OOP this week...but it's getting a softcover release in a few weeks

Silver Age comics I've read so far power rankings:
God Tier:
>Spider-Man
High Tier:
>Doom Patrol
>Legion of Super-Heroes
>Hulk
Decent Tier:
>Fantastic Four
>Daredevil
Average Tier:
>Green Lantern
>X-Men

No bad tier?

That’s a nice pile m8

I can tell you haven't gotten to Thor yet, since it's Elder God tier. Ditto Nick Fury

I need to get Hulk. I hope the Kirby stuff doesn't OOP before I grab it. X-Men EX1 did, and I'm pissed.
I've read Ditko Spidey, abt 30 issues of FF and #1-41 of DD. I think FF's tops for me, but only like a 1% edgeout over Spidey.

I also have Kirby Thor but I'm working thru my backlog to get to it. Should be fun

lol, you can't be real

Not that user but i have heard that from many people. It isn't an uncommon feeling

nice on Doom Patrol and Stardust

Is that Iron Man cover by Juan Doe? Looks nice

It's not even a top 5 Lemire comic of the decade

went to my other LCS today cause they are having an inventory sale, but it was lame, no back issues at all (i have no clue what they are doing with them, cause even the ones from earlier in the year are just gone). But grabbed this cause I hate walking out with nothing, which was 25% off which is nice cause it's OOP where I have looked.

Attached: new madame mirage.jpg (2971x4720, 2.3M)

no, but he said Superhero comics

He said
>if you lump it in with
after saying it was one of the best comics period. On the "lumping in with" point, Black Hammer is 100% a superhero comic. Deconstructive to some extent, and non-big 2, but neither of those things makes it not a superhero comic. 60s Marvel was based around an earlier form of superhero deconstruction, bear in mind.

I'll humor you, post the top

>Green Lantern
>Average tier
I think you mean mind numbingly sub-par tier

What are the top 5 Lemire comics then?

t. Someone that unironically thinks Black Hammer is great

>Paul Dini
>Kenneth Rocafort (!)
What a killer team. Never heard of this before but I need to read it.

As the one person who loves Don Heck Avengers I've realized that maybe I should try some old Silver Age Iron Man.

pray for me

Attached: Iron-Man-issue-26-Splash-Page-1-by-Don-Heck-and-Johnny-Craig.jpg (840x1219, 250K)

no? it's one of the sexiest comics ever made. And Dini, the fucking madman, dedicated it to his wife. How does one man luck out at life so much?

Attached: Madame Mirage #4 (of 6) (2007) - Page 19.jpg (1280x1981, 369K)

Not him, i haven't read it yet but i have doubts that FF can top Thor desu

>i have doubts that FF can top Thor desu
you would be correct, Thor is Kirby's best stuff, even better than FF

The reveal of Ego is one of my top 10 comics moments, took my breath away. Can only imagine people's reactions to it then

>The reveal of Ego is one of my top 10 comics moments,
ditto the mangog. nothing exhibits what I call "pure comic book joy" more than
>the might of a billion BILLION beings
I mean just look at this

Attached: RCO016.jpg (1006x1500, 438K)

Mangog has never been done as well since this story

Kind of wonder why Simonson didn't try a mangog story. He used just about everything else from Kirby's run. Maybe he felt the original mangog saga was perfect and best left untouched

It is the ultimate "unstoppable force" type of story for me

Not yet, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. Forgot to rank Herbie, he's also high tier.
I'll have to read Thor next, I was kind of discouraged from reading more Kirby stuff since FF wasn't as good as I was expecting and New Gods was pretty bad aside from the art and ideas.

>New Gods was pretty bad

Attached: yikes.png (720x405, 93K)

I’m not him but he’s right.

I was on board with Black Hammer but now that they left the farm it kind of feels like a shark jump. Royal City, Sweet Tooth, Descender, Plutona, Gideon Falls at this point I think are better, haven't read Underwater Welder yet or any of his cape stuff for DC/Marvel.

Forever People and Jimmy Olsen might not that great, but Mister Miracle and New Gods + Hunger Dogs is pure kino

>Plutona
Plutona is straight up trash, and I'm a Lemire stan.

Which company has Herbie?

has anyone got the one HC? what's the binding and print quality like on it, is it glossy or matte like watchmen?

>Forever People and Jimmy Olsen might not that great, but Mister Miracle and New Gods + Hunger Dogs is pure kino

this is the correct 4th world take with the exception of that issue of forever people where they all get Omega Sanction'd

Originally published by ACG, now public domain

rocafort is a god
ty senpai

Plutona is super meh

What's everyone reading right now?

I just finished vol 1 of Ennis' Battlefields. Now Im debating BPRD Hell on Earth 2, Daytripper, or Copra Round 3

Like I said, I only read the first library edition but I read your spoiler and wasn't surprised. I don't know how they could possibly have a good story and just be stuck there forever with flashbacks.

I just finished Skydoll Decade, I really wish they would do more with the story instead of just letting it hang forever in limbo, Sudra did very little to progress the story.

next up is PCR Opera's and to finish GA Quiver

reading Vinland Saga but I'm pretty close to dropping it. it's just... dumb. I don't know how else to describe it. I have no gripes with manga or shonen but this one isn't doing it for me

Fourth World Omni while I wait for the third Tenchi LN to get here in a day or two.
Hoping Seven Seas will pick up the GXP novels.

One of Bob Woodward's books. Going to go back to New Superman once I'm done with it.

I really gotta kill some of these.

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-225229.png (792x2577, 977K)

Doom Patrol is seriously my favorite comic ever

prove it

I'm convinced the Rocafort variant for Threshold #1 never actually saw print and it pisses me off.

Attached: threshold-presents-larfleeze-100_1_c4d3ac0bdf09fde9b3dca5e0dc70d457[1].jpg (273x400, 54K)

redpill me on Headlopper

The Conan Reader. Almost 300 pages in.

Dude chops off heads.
Art style was a little iffy at first, but really grew on me. Very solid book.

Billy Bat, almost done and it's constantly surprising. I don't like it as much as 20CB but it's still pretty damn good.

>tfw no english release

I can only imagine how triggered comic outrage twitter would get after seeing all black people having big ass lips.

>20CB
Speaking of, I got the recent third Perfect volume and man did that leave me blue balled. I was loving it up until this.
And it wasn't even bad. I just hate how jarringly it threw us to 2014. But I like the story lines and characters there, so it's not a huge deal. I just don't feel as excited for the next volume as I had been. I just really like the main crew. I peeked a bit ahead and know that we go back to New Year 2000 and see them again, but if I hadn't done that I probably would have put off volume 4.

Yeah, there's a lot of blue balling in 20CB, and the reveals are done way better in Billy Bat. I never got to "just get done with this already" kinda feel, but I get a lot of "wait, what?"s.
Just keep going with the series. Looking back, it was well worth it. Urasawa will piss you off at least once more though.

I'm sad that they cancelled the Complete Collections for Peter David's X-Factor. Another one is New Warriors Omnibus Volume 2. Why is Marvel anti-fun?

Cause they don't like paying creators royalties.

Was Fury any good outside the Steranko stuff though?

Yes but not as good

So getting the omnibus instead of the complete collection would be a good purchase?

absolutely. for steranko oversized it's worth it alone

I have literally read every book I've bought. This is the first time since 2015 since that has happened so I'm reduced to reading a book about the competitive advantages of nations.

Okay now I need to buy these too. Why do I keep coming here?

bump

Working through Umbrella Academy comic first since my sister keeps asking if I've watched the show yet.

CANCELLED
>Batman: Brave And The Bold: Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 3
>Justice League Of America: Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 3
>Batman: Faces In the Shadows (DC Essential) TPB
>Batman: The Long Halloween (DC Modern Classics) HC
>Green Lantern: Earth One Vol 1 TPB

bleedingcool.com/2019/03/27/cancelled-dc-omnibuses-unpublished-joker-10/

Attached: bravo.png (286x441, 220K)

>Bronze Age stuff gets cancelled
So who killed God? We did.

>cancelling BATMAN books
Not a good sign unless maybe they will release these as hardbacks instead of tpbs.

>DC Modern classics cancelled
And nothing of value was lost. This line is a blatant cashgrab. Either get the regular TPB or go Absolute, it's not that hard

Good job! I've got to finish some of my non-fiction books, I'm half way through 3. Sam Harris, The Moral Landscape, A Consice History of the Byzantium Empire, Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World, and need to finish my reread of Kushiel's Avatar.. I like history books a lot but with so many comic piling up I've been putting them off

Didio had some excuse for the cancelations and said some will be resolicited

Finished up Hell on Earth and the Savage Sword omni, moving on to the second Star Wars omni.

So tell me user, how good is Savage Sword, really?

He denied that the House of Secrets 2, Bronze Joker, and Bronze Kirby were cancelled, but not the rest.

Good. The faster that piece of shit company dies, the better it will be for the industry
Best thing released by any company this year, which is a given because it's a MARVEL OMNI

tmnt 2011

If Marvel is seriously going to print all their Conan stuff I'm going to run out of space, like how much fucking room will all those books take? Goddamn.

no company wars here user

>another whiney company war faggot
Seriously, why do you bother shitting up the thread everytime with the same "DC NEEDS TO DIE QUICKLY" bullshit? Are you just a child or so easily triggered that a company not catering to your needs immediately justifies it closing? Grow up

don't worry, thread's dead anyway

>not catering to your needs immediately
There's seriously no need to defend DC.

There's no need to defend Marvel either considering the stories they have put out in the last couple of years and all of the SJW bullshit they are enforcing, yet children like you always bitch and moan instead of offering these companies your constructive criticism in order to improve. Face it, you are the type of person who only knows how to criticise and cry and never contribute to a solution for a problem

>being a DC stan
Lol

They have literally laid off countless of employees. Do you wish for them to continue at 100% while not being properly employed in the first place? You apparently don't know how companies work so get your facts straight before talking out of your ass. All of these "cancellations" are just temporary

>coming up with new buzzwords to prove your point
>implying I don't own Marvel and DC comics instead or being a company war fag like you
You're obviously underage or just asocial

I agree with you that the new stuff is crap. I however fail to see the connection this has to the topic at hand.
>you are the type of person who only knows how to criticise and cry and never contribute to a solution for a problem
I buy Marvel omnis and epic collections. This shows Marvel they're doing things right. DC sees my money when they get things right, like their Starman omnis back in the day, or Geoff Johns' JSA omnis. What more do you expect me to do? I don't know the people who run these companies. Voting with my wallet is the only means I have.

> Do you wish for them to continue at 100%
Their 100% has produced omnis with misprinted pages and shitty bindings, user. Attacking me is not going to change this.

>immortal cuck
kek

Hopefully DC will at least give me the third silver age Legion omni.

>countless of employee
seven. Three VP's and four secretaries (3% of their workforce)

I just find comments like "X needs to close/die already". you giving your vote by buying stuff is legit but I get the feeling that it has become normal on this board to bash companies without looking at the bigger picture, namely the lay-offs during the last couple of months. I'm not saying DC doesn't need to get its shit together because it serously does. I'm just saying that people need to think twice before posting childish comments

which books are you reffering to regarding the binding? their binding was bad till a few years ago but I haven't seen any bad binding in recent years

The company is practically crippled, you're demanding unreasonable things.

you do realise that a company doesn't openly announce every single firing, right? also, firing VPs in itself is a major step for a company so don't act like that is insignificant

>three VP's
jeez, that doesn't sound good at all

this. if anything, they should take half a year to restructure their release schedules etc., which I assume they are doing anyway

>X needs to close/die already
I never said this though.
>recent years
I didn't say recent years. You already know the answer, and for the misprints I got both the 4th world and the JLI omnis with the mistakes, which is a hassle because I had to get them replaced.

don't worry, that's just the first wave (or second)

>I never said this though.
I was generalising that and specifically talking about the guy that said "The faster that piece of shit company dies, the better it will be for the industry"
>4th world and the JLI omnis
I actually don't have those two. is it a common mistake? that sucks hard

did they give any reasons regarding all the firings? cost cutting measures or just a regular restructuring

>cost cutting measures or just a regular restructuring
restructuring, probably to bring it into closer oversight by WB stooges. They were really not happy about Batdick

well, after all, it's the beginning of the year so it's the best time to do it if they're giving it a go. the entire DC streaming service launch and the DCEU doing better financially are probably one of the primary reasons for doing so in the first place

One guy was their beloved art director. He's the guy who got Solo and Batman: Black and White made.
Except, those were over a decade ago and he hasn't had any projects like that since, so his firing might have been for $$$ reasons.
Unfortunately, Bob Harras now has his title.

>streaming service launch and the DCEU doing better financially
>actually believing this

Attached: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (640x480, 47K)

>Bronze Kirby
Which collection's this?

what's your take on the matter? it seems like a reasonable assumption

Good-bye /shelf/

Attached: shelf mar19.jpg (2987x4288, 2.13M)

Literally all of Kirby's DC work in the bronze age (that is not Fourth World).
Sandman, OMAC, The Demon, etc.

Legendary comics creator Jack Kirby’s mind-boggling imagination is on full display in this massive hardcover that includes tales of super hero adventure, mystery, war, fantasy, science fiction and even kung fu action from the 1970s and 1980s. These stories introduced important characters, including the Demon and OMAC, and this collection features a run of 12 stories of the Losers from OUR FIGHTING FORCES that includes some of Kirby’s most personal tales from his own experiences in World War II.

Collects stories from IN THE DAYS OF THE MOB #1, SPIRIT WORLD #1, THE DEMON #1-16, THE SANDMAN #1-6, OMAC #1-8, OUR FIGHTING FORCES #151-162, SUPER POWERS #1-5 (1984), SUPER POWERS #1-6 (1985), 1ST ISSUE SPECIAL #1, 5 and 6, DC COMICS PRESENTS #84, RICHARD DRAGON, KUNG FU FIGHTER #3, WEIRD MYSTERY TALES #1-3 and FORBIDDEN TALES OF DARK MANSION #6