Dial H For Hero #1 storytime

Dial H For Hero #1 storytime

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-000.jpg (1988x3056, 933K)

And here we go...

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-002.jpg (1988x3056, 828K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-003.jpg (1988x3056, 910K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-004.jpg (1988x3056, 792K)

It won't be as good as the N52 one but i guess it's worth a shot

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-005.jpg (1988x3056, 782K)

Yeah that was a special run.
But going back to basics with a young hero seems like it could work.

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-006.jpg (1988x3056, 659K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-007.jpg (1988x3056, 791K)

that might be the most revolting food truck idea in the world

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-008.jpg (1988x3056, 794K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-009.jpg (1988x3056, 795K)

>the fries are made out of mayo

that can't be possible.

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-010.jpg (1988x3056, 926K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-011.jpg (1988x3056, 875K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-012.jpg (1988x3056, 860K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Damn it Snapper, no!

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.05M)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1020K)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-017.jpg (1988x3056, 3.03M)

My /ss/ senses are tingling!

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-018.jpg (1988x3056, 2.95M)

You can find a way to firm it up and bread it and fry it, y'know if you really want to.

It's like if Murrlogic started his own business.

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-019.jpg (1988x1528, 2.12M)

Snap snap.

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-021.jpg (1988x3056, 946K)

Big

I just remembered state fairs did this to coca-cola. This feels like wrong science.

Well, they didn't have any luck with Operators last time.
So, godspeed Miguel!

And that's it for this month.
See you around!

Attached: Dial H for Hero 001-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.22M)

YE/SS/!

Humphries GL > Some n52 trash.
So I guess this will be better as well.

>Thunderbolt club
Work around with the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agents?

TRUCK YEAH!!!!

>Miguel screws everything up!
Come on Miguel you had one job.

>Truck Yeah
Logic dictates that this guy exist somewhere in the DC multiverse and if that doesn't make you smile than you're just soulless.

CERO MIEDO
*Clap clap clapclapclap*
CERO MIEDO
*Clap clap clapclapclap*

>my mud flaps soar
Nigga that's gay.

>Dial H
>Some N52 Trash
Did you even read it?

Then he plummets to his death because he's a kid and has never seen a rotary phone in his life and has no idea how to dial H in one.

Sweet I didn't even know they were doing more Dial H. Was there a #0 issue?

Is this good or your usual dogfucker fuckery?

I liked it as a first issue. If all the hero OCs are as great as MONSTER TRUCK we're in for a fun time. Hoping for a Shocking Suzi cameo that gives her a good end. That whole thing still has me scarred.

Does Quinones only sign on to a project if he's guaranteed to draw an opinionated alt chick as a sidekick?

What would a good ending for shocking suzi even look like?

There better be a shocking Suzie cameo, that's all I got to say.

it was essentially a vertigo comic and youre a fucking moron

Boring good end? Jo turn back into Joe and gets back with his girlfriend.
Sexy and exciting good end? Jo accepts being a busty blonde and gets back with her girlfriend.

Are you retarded?

>shocking suzi cameo but with even more despair.

The issue Miguel turns into Harley to get sales up.

>Art gows full 90's madness
I thought i was going to hate this because the last Dial H was really great, but fuck
This is really great

>Monster Truck and Mustang Suzy will never team up to ride the interdimensional open road and save the Spirit of Route 66

This was pretty good, if it keeps up it might be just as good as N52 Dial H

TRUCK YEAH!!!!

h

Nice, the 2000s series also opened with Superman.
Except that was about a depressed loner who eventually tried to kill themselves

Attached: Pentagon Jr.png (299x276, 6K)

This was great. Why does Yea Forums meme against this writer?

/wooo/ get out of Yea Forums

Is the same artist from Rivera's America Chavez? Finally he can leave behind get his name attached to that shitty comic.

Joe Quinones drew a lot of comics before America

I really hope Humphries didn't rip this joke from Achievement Hunter

I was a bit worried about what direction this series would be taking but if Monster Truck is any indication this series is heading the right way.

because he wrote a book about fucking dogs once, and you don't really walk away from that

also his Marvel work was REALLY BAD

>because he wrote a book about fucking dogs once
huh. what comic is this??

Our Love Is Real

oh damn it's exactly what it sounds like. well.

at least Dial H is good !

>Dial H for Humphries
Thanks, no Thanks.

And it was so bad, that fucking dogs could be called a highlight.

This was actually decent, Making Wonder Twins and Dial H the only good books from Bendis Wonder Comics because both Naomi and Young Justice suck something fierce

Is that Tim or Damian? With some artists it’s hard to tell now if you can’t see the entire costume.

It's like freaking Shazam.

Naomi is good though.

all 4 of those are good

Young Justice isn’t bad. It’s at least way better than both Titans books.

They lost me when "Young" Justice member Superboy had another black haired blue eyed kid that they can't realistically fit in canon anywhere.

Superman is beginning to have a Batfam problem.

uhhh, his howard was entertaining, but muddy. idk what other interiors he's done.

No it isn’t though, it suffers from all of Bendis worst inclinations with nothing actually happening in each issue

That's not a bad good to bad ratio. I'm looking forward to who he gets to write Amethyst.

Avengers A.I. was not bad.

>Superman is beginning to have a Batfam problem.
That's a gross over exaggeration. Batman's problem is that they all are centered in Gotham while Superman's family is spread out across the globe and galaxy.

It is though and your definition of "nothing is happening" is entirely suspect. From a Mystery perspective a lot has happened.

I think the problem is the Bendis written books, if he were to just be the Editor for the books it’d probably be better

>nothing actually happening
We've gone from a quiet town where nothing happens to it being revealed a hub for intergalactic refugees.
Things are obviously happening even if there isn't any big superhero fight on every issue.

Are you implying that everyone with Kryptonian genes shouldn’t be breadin a masterrace of Superman?

this guy rules

Please no. Just let Jo hook up with a good female hero role model as a sidekick and embrace the hero life.

Attached: shocking_suzi_leonard_kirk.jpg (3264x1836, 1.73M)

Super cave man who peaced out on the moon was the best.

>My mud flaps keep clapping together because I'm dummy thicc

It really was. I think I'm being accurate when I saw that literally every other story ending up having a very dark ending. I still get sad when the young man from the first arc gets murdered, leaving his newborn son fatherless and his wife a widow

>there are people defending Naomi here now
Jesus christ

This is funnier than it should

So they turned this into Shazam?

one of the best debut first issues i've read in a while

this could be something special

Shame it's just a miniseries

Bigfoot, optimus prime, and sweet tooth's truck?

Mayo you say?

Attached: Mayo.jpg (640x480, 19K)

yeah, I’m thinking Dial H is back

They really didn't fuck around in it.

DONUT STEEL OC HEROES ARE BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Attached: original_character__donut_steel_by_mtallmen184-d7ky7uv.png.jpg (1141x701, 43K)

pretty good but no Shocking Suzi
0/10

>mfw

Attached: g3cm06noon501.jpg (637x481, 50K)

Off to a good start

Attached: 1553714964422.jpg (600x527, 154K)

Wasn't that already a thing in Rebirth Superman/Super Sons with the Manchester Black arc?

My thoughts exactly. Even my old as heck smartphone has the letters on the phone keypad when making a call, there's absolutely no reason it couldn't have been updated to be a smartphone.

Because rotary dials are so far removed from popular consciousness that you don't have to update them. They also cross over into the weird due to their rarity.

I'm not very familiar with Dial H for Hero, what happens if you dial anything else?

you used to have to spell out H-E-R-O for it to work, and you could spell out other words with varying effects.

Probably Tim since this is the Bendis imprint that also features totally in-canon Young Justice

Was this based off Dial M for Monkey?

Attached: x1080-r.jpg (1440x1080, 188K)

Gotta repopulate and all that.

If they can make fried sticks of butter they can make fries made of mayo

No

>not wardialing until you get peej
it's just not realistic.

Are we sure this isn't holland?

Attached: mayo.jpg (1128x480, 46K)

I like the potential here

She gets a normal job and gets her gf back.

>If this comic gets any kind of traction going there will be people who will call it a Ben 10 ripoff
I don't want to feel this feel.

Our love is real, people meme on it but it’s actually pretty good. It also has plantfuckers and rockfuckers.
It’s a hell of a ride.

good thing it's not going to get any traction, then

People never talk about how the dog fucking is the norm in that comic and the protagonist thinks less of those degenerate crystal fuckers and vegifuckers. And that it ultimately is a love story between two humans.

I don't know why these facial expressions annoy the ever-loving shit out of me but they do.

>Because rotary dials are so far removed from popular consciousness that you don't have to update them. They also cross over into the weird due to their rarity.
This, it makes it feel whimsically anachronistic. Smartphones are too normal.

Wait everyone knows about the Dial?

apparently

I was hoping he was going to be a hero dispatcher which is good cause that's the base for my web comic
but I like this alot im pretty excited for the next one

>Man of Action got away with using the Dial-H concept to create a lucrative franchise all without paying DC.

>Robby dialed Plastic Man
>Nelson became Flash briefly
Miguel is definitely going to become Superman at some point in this comic.

Well luckily for you now you get to do an original idea

Fucking retard. Kill yourself.

Is this comic cannon?

I remember reading somewhere that Ben 10 is based of this. Is it good?

OS is a pretty good cartoon, AF is decent, first two seasons at least. Personally I love OV a lot but UA was dissapointing and the Reboot is getting better

I meant is dial H good? I watched all of Ben 10 already and yea OV is the best

Dial H, well there’s not a lot besides the Silver Age stuff and thee new 52 stuff, which I liked well enough

2012's Dial H by China Mieville is amazing. The issue storytimed here is a bit more kid friendly, but seems fun.

Thanks. I'm suprised a fun concept like this hasn't had a TV show

There was an idea for a webseries that would've used an app instead of a dial, but went nowhere. Dial H has never been a hugely viable property, but it's always fun to see a writer come up with as many ridiculous superheroes as they possibly can.

TODD AND RILEY WERE, OH, SO SAD

THEN THEY CAME ACROSS A, FLEEMCO AD

Can we get a Monster Truck book?

This is gonna be one of those things where this girl keeps running away because she's being sexually abused by her family

Plus with Ben 10 doing it first, and having several shows up to this day, you’d get people accusing it of copying, because not many know Dial H

If Superman used his X-ray vision multiple times on the same person in a short amount of time, he'd kill them right?

Snapper Carr?

No idea what's a bigger shock. That Snapper's used the H Dial before, that he actually qualifies as a hero to dial, or that he's just as qualified as Harley is.

I’ll fucking fight you.

I hated that show

>Next: Miguel screws everything up!
He and Sam/Nova would get along well.

>cover: 3/4 long sleeves
>this page: short sleeves
Kind of a mild annoyance, honestly.

Attached: edgar allan whuh.jpg (500x285, 23K)

Can you imagine having to hire different actors and come up with interesting and unique characters for each time he powers up?
it would be annoying

It's not really against him after he turned his shit around with Green Lanterns.
I call him Dogfucker out of love and because I can't remember his name half the time.

Make it an animated series then

Link it ?

> Device who turn you into any hero
> Cunt ginger girl slightly older
> A van

I know H-Dial is quite old, but too Ben 10 to not notice. Also, pallet swap Alien Force jacket.

Can anybody tell me what the hell is this about? And it seems that most heroes know what the fuck the dial is. Like is this an actual new thing? Or is this a reboot of something so old that I don't know about?

Yeah, Dial H is an old property.

It's an old idea

Can you still read the silver age comic anywhere online ?

Ben 10 was originally going to be a Dial H cartoon.

Are there any other comics/shows with the same premise as ben10/dial h?

Fucking based

Maybe it would be more popular if the heroes could be used multiple times, instead of having a new hero only show up once and then never again. I read some of the older comics and there were a lot of cool ideas there, shame they don't show up again though.

Gay

Attached: NAMBLA Superman.jpg (1042x707, 217K)

AHAHAAHAHA, HE TURNS INTO A ROB LIEFELD DRAWING AHAHAHAAHAHA

Alright, I'm sold

I just want her to get some help. If his/her power loss being related to depression is true it might be only a matter of time until suicide.

Wait, so what's the logic behind who can "feel" it? Looks like anti-heros, sidekick types and random d-listers.

Not bad but I hope the Shazam vibes get dialed down

>Opening a mayonnaise-themed food truck
>IN AMERICA
It was never going to work.

Why do people underestimate kids' knowledge of older technology? Were you weirded out by old tech at that age?

Wrong, they're all heroes.

My cousin is 20 and I had to teach him how to make a call on our grandma's rotary phone.

Not nearly enough pouches to be legit, but props to the artist to make it look like a 90's comic page, paper texture and all.

Are these previous owners/users of the dial? Odd choice of characters nonetheless

>no reference to one of the best New 52 books
damn, i was hoping i'd get somewhat of a conclusion

Attached: RCO001_1468735018.jpg (1280x1966, 660K)

That had a conclusion in Dial E.

nah way was that a conclusion

Sure it was.
Centipede is defeated, and Nelson and company are still fighting the good fight.

I can see it transforming into a smartphone to blend in and to be more portable once he accepts the dial as his own, but I like it as a rotary phone.

Hot. Also checked.

Pls no Suzi sudoku

Attached: dial_h_shocking_suzy_electro_lass_concept_art_2.jpg (1148x1600, 270K)

I dont know is X-ray some type of ionizing radiation that has adverse effects on living matter

Well now his Uncle is unemployed and has a missing nephew.

There's vid on youtube of kids who can't use a walkman even though the symbols are the same and pressing a button is still a thing.

Superman is not shooting X-rays out of his eyes, that's just the name.

sexy

Same company anyway

Didn't he have slight teleportation before?

It was a running series in House of Mystery. You would have to look up what issues of that

Shocking Suzie was a terrible issue and is better simply forgotten in the dustbin forever.

>MFW I wanted to write a Dial H fic taking place in Hub City tying-in the Dark Multiverse

I hope people start to appreciate the concept, though!

Attached: 1553490433824.png (239x227, 70K)

They had the 'Dial H' heroes in the Titans comic! The Silver Age heroes were back, but the girl with a dial went bad and dialled it backwards to become random supervillains.

Attached: 20190328_185716.jpg (985x1545, 888K)

Shit taste.

Attached: dial_h_shocking_suzy_electro_lass_concept_art.jpg (1177x1600, 307K)

Dial H was revived by Will Pfeiffer as well and Mark Waid wrote it into his silver age series, which is a hidden gem.

Knock off ben 10

Predates Ben 10 by decades

>(((Miguel)))
>Turning an originally white character brown

Ben 10 is the one that makes billions a year, on Spider-Man levels.

They only made this comic to try to leach off of Bens popularity.

It’s not changing Robby Reed’s race. It’s giving the Hero Dial to a new character. Miguel

Maybe, but it did not rip off Ben 10

Yeah it did.

If you make a copy to ride on the popularity of another franchise, it is ripping it off.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING ANGEL AND THE APE REFERENCE?!

>Heroverse
What is that?

WTF is wrong with you?
You're not even making a decent joke, much less a good one.

At least do it for an image (or series of images) like pic related where it's a more plausible implication

Attached: Action Comics (1938- ) 457-000.jpg (1382x2148, 1.76M)

What kind of a name is HOG HUG anyway?

Bullshit, they basically have one page and two sentences that kind of imply that, while simaltaneously establishing female rescue jack as a dial-able hero for some reason. This makes no sense as Nelson literally made up rescue jack when his H dial was busted to fool random things into believing that he still had powers, and it was an incredibly emotional scene that demonstrated his personal growth into a true hero.

I felt as though this was completely unnecessary and wasted the potential of Nelson as rescue jack actually being Dial-able due to his own heroic actions, but nope. Dial E isn't an epilogue to Dial H in any way whatsoever, and I'm upset that you would claim otherwise.

Attached: 3876195-rescuse+jack+1.jpg (1920x2951, 2.03M)

That's a great moment

You completely missed the point of Rescue Jack being a dialable hero.

It's because Nelson was able to create that person, able to actually become a hero, that allowed it to become something that a person can turn into. It's the ultimate affirmation of Nelson's character growth.