What does Yea Forums think of ROTTMNT?

what does Yea Forums think of ROTTMNT?

Attached: 878F140E-F94F-45E5-ABC6-922595EC762E.jpg (1500x1125, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!O35CGKiB!Eo2uPKPeSbW5tpa0mBZxiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're wasting your time Yea Forums does NOT care about TMNT not even when it's good (by that I mean IDW TMNT). TMNT as a property has never been good in Yea Forums's eyes. All these losers here care a bout is their shitty Not MLP DC Hero Girls because they masturbate to an old hag like Faust who is old and also has the dreaded dyke hair nowadays.

Bad, wasted opportunity of 2D TMNT cartoon.

Someone is salty

The animation is cool, but the writing is boring in literally every aspect and makes the show unwatchable.

Teen Titans Go with Turtles.

I hate the color palette and trying to give the turtles different bodytypes.

>give the turtles different bodytypes.
Smaller differences would've been nice, but this is too much. They're not even biological brothers anymore.

>Yea Forums does NOT care about TMNT not even when it's good (by that I mean IDW TMNT)
IDW is OK at best.

It ain’t that level.

People care about TMNT, but not about nu-TMNT where everyone is michaelangelo.

Yeah I wouldn't mind smaller differences or more cosmetic stuff but like Raph being 4x as wide as Donnie is weird and I don't like it.

APRIL'S MEMES ARE SO LIT

I didn't like niggaturtles in live action with CG and I sure as hell don't like them now, even if in both cases, the actual quality of the animation was good.

Fantastic animation, decent writing & voice acting, and fun character designs.

It's one of the better cartoons on TV right now. That isn't saying much at all, but still.

It's the only version of the TMNT that I can bring myself to care about.

Just got done binge watching all the episodes so far. Really like the show, my favourite TMNT show after 2k3. The animation is great and I love how visually distinct they made the Turtles. I like the dynamic change ups like Raph being the doting leader and Leo being the smug quip machine. I like all the new villains and all the designs are great.
Wasn't a fan of Splinter to start (especially after 2012 GOAT Splinter) but I warmed up to him. Still not a fan of April's design but I think she's fine as a character. If there's one thing I'd change is have more quiet serious moments. Don't want it to go full grimdark like 2012 but right now it feels like the show is afraid to get meaningful every now and then.
But yeah, can't wait for more. And it seriously gets too much flak from the NOT MUH crowd.

Attached: 76.jpg (671x831, 106K)

They look like girls...

Are they pretty girls, user?

Attached: 93409.jpg (564x537, 45K)

>>She should be April and you know it.

Attached: Tumblr_pfbrrmfLnX1uoh2wmo8_1280.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

>breaking her spine to show off her tits and ass at the same time in a kids show
That's definitely more like April.

>That villain team up musical number

Best fucking thing I've see on TV in a long time

Attached: 300.gif (337x263, 3.96M)

It's important to point out that in the comics (and the first movies) mikey wasn't an idiot. he was bright, creative, innovative.. dude could improvise, but like any creative guy he gets bored, so he doesn't want to do repetitive and important tasks like studying or practice
but lazy writers think idiots are funny, so we usually get retardangelo

Same.

Well my dick likes it and I respect his opinion.

Movie april > 1987 april > 2012 April > Y2K April > mirage comics april >>>>>>> ape shit >>>>>>>>>> ROTTMNT April

I haven't watched much of the newer stuff but I think it's okay. The animation is really great but the characters are really wonky. I think flipping around personalities really screwed up stuff like with Leo being the funny quip guy, Micky doesn't really have a character and Don staying the smart one but more mad scientist is really just a plot point for some episodes. I feel like Raph is only the leader because the VA wanted to voice Raph but also be the leader so they bent over backward for him. Finally, April is just fucking weird. Like, she's so out in left field character wise that she doesn't even feel like the same character anymore. She feels more OC then April. But, again, 80% of the episodes I have watched are earlier episodes so maybe they fixed all these problems.

>Smart Lair

Donnie is a fucking psychopath in this show

Attached: 1549713603285.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

>But, again, 80% of the episodes I have watched are earlier episodes so maybe they fixed all these problems.
I had bad news for you

I'd probably have to actually revisit the different series but I feel like Donnie's characterization is the most inconsistent between versions.

someone post the edits

Mikey's pretty much just the naive too-trusting little brother in this. Was thinking maybe they could make rage issues part of his character after Pizza Pit.

So far I'm really impressed by it. I thought it was going to be terrible at first but I grew to love it after the first few episodes. The nimation is choppy at places but it makes up for it by being dynamic and fun. The turtles are completely different characters, for better and for worse. Donny and Raph are significantly better here than in most of their incarnations, while Mikey has a lot of trouble standing out.

But overall it's great. Hard to say if it's the best tmnt show so far, but it's without question a fantastic show in its own right.

Did you even watch the show?

then you're dumb and have no idea what good character design is about

I suggest you continue watching it, it's clear that the personality changes are 100 percent intentional. Raph is the leader but he's also completely inept at it and doubts his position constantly, while Leo's the leader behind the scenes because he doesn't want to accept the full responsibility that implies.

i've enjoyed my watch desu, the only real complaint i have after actually watching it is some of the writing is kinda cringe and makes me wonder if kids actually like that kind of stuff, character interaction comedy is decent, action is nice, ultimately has been worth the watch.

Attached: 1517585191rmuwwsqihb550u71517585170_by_tamaume-dc20elc.gif (600x504, 1.26M)

Why not? They should they be so plain looking?

Is it confirmed they're using black skin tight shorts, or are they just shadows?

Attached: 71H50zRcZTL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 33K)

Is it about doing a 180 every new adaptation because almost everyone with their hands on the franchise don't give 1/10th of a shit about it?

I'm leaning towards shorts because they seem too consistent to be shadows. But they can be whatever you want them to be honestly.

>t. sparkledog

>Not muh

Good argument

You're using that term wrong.

Only one I need for fags like you

Can't you just have a real conversation?

>Did you even watch the show?
Yes, thats why I don´t like it.

I dunno sounds like you're the fag who got weirdly offended by something and feels the need to defend it but can't actually articulate a defense so you just hurl lazy insults around like a child.

well, i'm talking about tmnt in particular

The picture OP used is edited. Here's the actual/less-sparkledog version.

Attached: 4247c9f7-ee6d-4bb1-9f40-86282c8311fd-rise-of-the-tmnt_press-art2.jpg (646x485, 107K)

Defence against what?
>new thing bad
>old thing good
>me hate change
Stunning

Who are you quoting?

Really weird designs, keep most of Yea Forums away. May be good or not, I will never care enough to watch it and find out.

Yeah, if they had to make brown April this should've been the design. Make the other one Irma, no one would have given a fuck.

This is the least annoying Mikey has been. Honestly, this is the least annoying anyone has been, and where they actually act like teens, and brothers.

I like you Perla-chan.
While I love this, this is really "MY" TMNT. My TMNT is IDW's, and I also love that.

I think the April that they have is ok. That character is just too energetic and out there to be a good April. She would overshadow the turtles.

They need to stop fucking around and give us Casey and Leatherhead

Since I found out that shinobi was not Karai, I don't want Casey or Leatherhead. I want them to keep pulling more obscure/underrated shit.

BRUH
Rise version of Ghost Boys and Xiang Fei Tong, when?

Attached: XIANG FEI TONG.png (992x1808, 2.27M)

I like their relationship with Splinter.

Watched a few episodes and thought it was okay, but I probably won't watch anymore.
I like the Leonardo in this show too.

>no one would have given a fuck
That is a lie and you know it.

>Splinter
I honestly thought he was going to be the one thing that ruined it for me, but I got BTFO on that one. He's great.

Post yfw Splinter is Lou Jitsu

Attached: 1532365421325.png (580x750, 609K)

>but like Raph being 4x as wide as Donnie is weird and I don't like it.
Like the previous user said, they're not biological brothers anymore. In fact, they're not even the same species anymore.

Attached: 1553206721464.png (820x662, 546K)

horrible design, it´s like today animators don´t want to draw nicely, all fucking squared shit and half assed shapes, also why the fuck is one of them so big? like they are trying to do fantastic 4 cliché for some reason. Totally hate that design

So you don't like the design? That design there, you don't like it, but hate that design?

read the thread, raph is a snapping turtle, mikey is a painted turtle, leo is a red slider, and donnie is a soft shell.

Attached: Aligator_snapping turtle vs watermelon.gif (380x231, 2.38M)

right on que

where have you dumdums been?! we've had 3 new eps. and no discussion about them. you guys waiting for another 22 min. special?!

Attached: tmnt 2k18 grills v3.jpg (1098x2047, 1.89M)

That was really something else.

Yet they act more like siblings than ever.

>them being so excited to get hugs.

Adorable.

Attached: 1553726118964.png (715x589, 468K)

I want black April to sit on my face.

What new eps? Last one I watched was the Truffle one and it was kinda weak to be honest.

I grew up with the original cartoon, I've literally been a TMNT fan for as long as I've been conscious. I still think RoTMNT is objectively the best animated series.

The only reason Yea Forums thinks she's like April is she's holding a microphone, I love her design too don't get me wrong but the issue is that April isn't going to be an adult woman, let alone a reporter, again for some time after the movies flopped.

I want Leo to sit on my face

Yeah, that was why those movies flopped.

Same.
Same.

>Mind Meld
>Donnie makes his brothers as smart as he is
>Mikey, Leo and Raph become fucking psychopaths

Attached: hey_guys_check_out_these_black_crime_statistics.png (298x423, 168K)

I didn't say that's why those movies flopped. I'm saying that for when people would inevitably reply "But what about the movies, THEY have a reporter April", but in general, I just mean the trend in cartoons these days is to have younger characters and not grown adults defined by their jobs, which kids find harder to relate to. So you're probably always going to see April be school age in cartoons for the foreseeable future.

The animation is good but the story is just crawling along incredibly slowly and not really getting anywhere.

The villains are definitely the weakest point in the whole thing.

I just don't like giant muscle Raph, everyone else is okay.

More Jessica Jaclyn is appreciated. I do like April, though.

Attached: April Booty Edit.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Kind of looks like everyone has the same complaints here.

Animation good
Writing bad
Villains are not great
Huge Raphael weird

Mikey seems like the only one that was not significantly changed i this series. He's basically 2012 Mikey again and has basically the same body type as before too.

Leo was made into the accident prone moron, Donnie was made into the autistic weirdo that cound not stand anyone bullshit, Raph is a huge moron that stumbles over himself. Mikey is the same.

Any furry waifus on this show yet?
screens

Attached: Mikey best turtle. TMNT.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

I don't like big Raph

He's better when he's short an angry, like Vegeta.

on the strictly furry gals there's the band DIGG, which is a groundhog,prairie dog, and honey badger girl there not that great looking desu.
as for the rest it gets more question mark tier i guess, like there's Big Mama which is a shape-shifting spider woman, and Ms. cuddles whose a psychotic stuffed toy that feeds on screaming.
there's not a lot right now, frankly there's more human girls, and mutant dudes that are nicely designed.

Attached: Digg_pizza_party.png (540x304, 216K)

Theres also those bg girls at Big Mama's underworld. That cat girl at the party is the only one notable in that Bullwaiter episode

I for one love Xbox hueg Raph. Goes well with the mother hen big brother personality he has in this. And it's cute the way his brothers climb all over him and he doesn't mind.

Attached: 0903.png (1280x913, 829K)

Literally NONE OF THAT is in character for any previous version of Raph, especially OG Comics Raph

So? They're doing something different this time round.

Attached: tumblr_pfvwpmqXNl1xcfdkpo2_1280.jpg (1280x731, 197K)

that turtle you're gay over ain't no Raph, he's barely even a Ralph

I just want to know how they met April.

So don't watch the show if you're all butthurt over it.

Attached: 3089.gif (540x448, 1.63M)

You are in complete denial about your blatant homosexuality and the fact that turtle acts nothing like Raph.

It had a pretty rough start, but it's moving towards somewhat decent. It's still weird to see such a comedy-oriented installment after 2003 and 2012, but it works at times. Designs and characterizations are still wonky, and the quality animation still feels wasted, but it's getting there.

Attached: 340.jpg (800x1000, 201K)

It seems you lack reading comprehension as well as taste and hetrosexual urges. i'm pointing out the flaws in the characterization, as well as your clearly deviant sexual preferences.

You have provided only evidence to further support my points. Its clear to everyone but you

Whats your point then. Don't watch the show, don't talk about it, and shit up another board

I love it and while I appreciated the less serious approach at first, it's starting to become irritating.

This version of the TMNT is unlike any version we've seen before and I think the changes are very interesting so I want to see them explored more in-depth. More Baron Draxum, more Lou Jitsu/Splinter, more April, more Purple Dragons, more team dynamics, more Foot Clan, etc.

Attached: 8347.gif (375x400, 2.8M)

His points are clear, and he said them multiple times

You don't read too good, do you?

The acronym ROTTTEN sure fits well for this turd

It's unwatchable garbage, so I'm not surprised this shithole likes it. Yea Forums is devoid of anything resembling taste and that's why we have so many capeshit flick threads.

Have to agree on the irritation. The new fun direction would be fine if it came back down to earth every couple episodes but everything has to be ramped up to 100 because shitty little kids within toy sale age have shorter attention spans than ever and won't watch anything that requires more than a few minutes of thought.
I bet we're lucky we even get an occasional plot episode, I doubt kids even care anymore. For how good this show looks, tons of narrative potential will be wasted.

Yeah I agree. As much as I enjoy the show it'd be nice if it slowed down and took a breather every now and then and not be afraid to get a little heavy and flesh out the characters at times. When it's balls to the wall with goofy action 100% of the time it can get exhausting and a little uninteresting.

Since somebody mentioned it earlier, i'd like to know:
What's your opinion on the IDW TMNT Yea Forums?

There are shows for toddlers heavier and more reflective than this series has been so far. I like the new ideas and the changes keep me just interested enough to keep watching. But what the hell was the point in making everything so different if you don't do anything meaningful with it? I'll hold out to see the second season but if they don't add some depth to the writing by then I'll probably drop it.

Pretty boring.

Well, Evil League of Mutants showed they're at least capable of that so we'll see

Attached: 780c95b7b68f79ee1aad3b9802476ae0.jpg (563x553, 26K)

Leo in the tub

Attached: tub1.jpg (800x453, 69K)

I like the chemistry between the brothers in this verison and like the 2k12 verison they feel and act like teens. Favorite episode would have to be that bellhop episode.

Raph in the tub

Attached: tub2.jpg (500x281, 24K)

I missed out on 2012 because I hate CG, but I'm loving Rise. A liiitle tired of Donnie, but everyone's been great.

Does Rise have as much 87-wank as 2K12?

>They're not even biological brothers anymore.
You don't need to be brothers by blood if you are brothers in arm.

>A liiitle tired of Donnie

How dare you

Attached: Dt1S61sUwAAljI9.jpg (650x696, 114K)

Not that I can think of you. There's some references here and there but for the most part it's really trying to do its own thing, for better or worse.

>They look like girls...

Agreed, they're designs are very effeminate.

They should've committed to the bit and went full genderbent

Attached: 4b6f338ccb0054ac16adb3410a2f19e7.jpg (1200x3144, 661K)

>Rise of the Triad Mutant Ninja Turtles

The whole time before I watched the show I thought April was supposed to be Irma

That shit was straight up furry bara bait

IDW makes me fucking kill myself. IDW is one of the many reasons why the 2010s are nothing but degenerate trash.

>They're not even biological brothers anymore.

When they last pulled that shit, it was in Next Mutation, so Venus could be a love interest without incest

>Agreed, they're designs are very effeminate.

who knows? maybe they'd get more man buffed like the 2003 version

>They should've committed to the bit and went full genderbent

no one was interested enough to ask for r63 april

IDW TMNT isn't degenerate trash though, I'm guessing having direct involvement from the creators managed to stop that.

Does anyone have a link for Nothing But Truffle ?
It's not in the pastebin.

mega.nz/#F!O35CGKiB!Eo2uPKPeSbW5tpa0mBZxiA