Attached: 07.jpg (1987x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: 08.jpg (1987x3056, 1.71M)

Strange being cocky like this is pretty rare these days

Attached: 09.jpg (1987x3056, 1.81M)

Attached: 10.jpg (1987x3056, 1.72M)

Attached: 11.jpg (1987x3056, 1.8M)

>no more space outfit

THANK YOU WAID

sorry to disappoint, but it's coming back. If it makes you feel better though, he gets it back proper at #17 judging by the cover

Attached: 12.jpg (1987x3056, 1.6M)

Attached: 13.jpg (1987x3056, 1.55M)

Attached: 14.jpg (1987x3056, 1.59M)

>Galactus: *Mild surprise*

Attached: 15.jpg (1987x3056, 1.79M)

>Throw Galactus into another dimension

bold strategy cotton

Attached: 16.jpg (1987x3056, 1.41M)

with all the energy pulsing in the magic realm, sending big G there is a big mistake.

I sweat to god if this ends with non magical women saving the stupid magical males from destruction, am going to get a bit mad.

It's a Strange/Clea team up for this arc (and hopefully the next few)

Attached: 17.jpg (1987x3056, 1.01M)

>warrior race of mystics
>favoring confrontation
That sounds very interesting.

this is like kicking Galactus out of an all-you-can-eat american buffet and into an all-you-can-eat sushi shop

Missed picture, oops

Space suit feels more fitting now he's going to face galactus, I suppose

Attached: 19.jpg (1987x3056, 1.6M)

Attached: 20.jpg (1987x3056, 1.88M)

Attached: 21.jpg (1987x3056, 2.26M)

Whelp

Attached: 22.jpg (1987x3056, 1.89M)

And done! If you liked it, buy it at your LCS or something

Attached: 23.jpg (1987x3056, 1.17M)

The over patriarch knows how to go big dick.

This felt like a classic Strange story.

>I'M GOING TO EAT ALL THE ICE CREAM WHILE MOM'S GONE

It’s giving me Englehart vibes, especially Strange’s attitude

are you gonna post the missing page?

Sorry, got distracted

Fuck me am I dumb today

Attached: 18.jpg (1987x3056, 1.58M)

I bet that Stephen becomes the herald and in doing so strongarms all the entities into removing his debt to them. Would be perhaps a too convenient way of solving it

Bumping before reading. Thank you user.

Isn't Galactus a good guy now?

Which X-Kid is that supposed to be? I think I recognize the costume as green and pink, but I can't place my finger on it.

ok that panel in the middle is pretty metal. exactly what I want out of a dr strange comic
thanks op this issue was shockingly good

thx for the upload

Attached: 18.jpg (1280x1791, 431K)

I like that Galactus is totaly unphased and is just carrying on his buisiness in the DMT-realm.

Doctor Strange did fight, and beat, Galactus in FF #243.

Just saying

Uh-oh, Waid slipped off on his research.
This is really damn good, I'm liking this. More alien species commanding magic, please.
"Good" is relative but no, he's not an ally anymore as the Lifebringer, he's back to his Devourer role.
And Strange goes back to his Forge... One of the best things Waid introduced in this run.

Thank you for the storytime OP, really aching to see where this goes. The cover for next issue became my phone wallpaper ever since it was revealed in the solicits. Two of my favorite characters together.

Dead girl

Attached: 9373611C-3ACE-469E-8EFF-A610C5F391DE.jpg (360x553, 72K)

I wonder if Galactus eating the mystical plan will upset his stomach like when he ate the Elders of the Universe

and how does this Galactus tie into

strange

With the weird pace of the story and the main character dragged around by a random guy who wasn't necessarily out to meme on earth, it feels more like a 1960s-era comic

Maybe, but who am I to judge?

>Magic anime circles
No thanks fa,m

Nice try, Waid but your narration boxes full of internal dialogue stops it from feeling like a 1960s-era comic.

Mahou Shonen Stephen Strange

True, but the story beats feel like it

Thumbnail looks like Venom in a cape

Bump

>comics pre-90s
>not full of narration boxes all over the place, a lot of times wordier than these

They weren't internal monologues, though.

That's because third person narration boxes are outdated, and they're replaced thinking balloons. But Waid has used both in this book; and funny thing, people thought the first issues were "bad" because the narration felt too detached and the narrative too slow, even though they've been building towards this new version of Strange.

Attached: Doctor Strange (2018-) 001-010.jpg (1200x1845, 393K)

I didn’t like the first issue because he lost his goddamn magic AGAIN. At least he quickly regained it this time though

It was all related to the Accountants anyway, so it made sense that he eventually regained it, while learning new abilities thanks to Eitri.

I'd say it was 50/50.

Attached: stranger in a strange land.jpg (914x1372, 609K)

I'm more surprised the In-betweener didn't pop-up to kick him out of his turf

Either it's a plot point that Strange lied or this is a rare continuity error from Waid.

Well in context he’s really annoyed and probably just wants the alien out of his face. It might also be that that Galactus was extremely weak when he got beaten so he has no confidence it can happen again

Pretty nice spread, also the first time Waid has addressed Aaron’s run at all. Maybe he didn’t want to and the artist did it but eh

Existed for over 40 years.

That was in the 70s though. Most of the writers on Shang-Chi books were on LSD so they were looking to experiment with the form. A typical Bronze Age book had an opening narration box to set the story and one in the ending if they were really clever to tie it in all together think Twlight Zone. Really good writers like Alan Moore and Steve Gerber who love pose would scatter more throughout the book set in a rhythm but books nowadays are chunks of first person text that read like a personal journal. In the Silver Age DC’s book had the yellow caption yellow box at the top of the panel for readers while also having the characters describe their actions and thought. At Marvel the same was done comic character were still wordy in descriptions but where Stan Lee changed the format was to include more language for young crowd like brining in modern references, slang and quips. Most important was the voice or tone he used over the marvel method talk to reader personally this is how he branded Marvel. He used those same yellow boxes DC was using to cram text into it but simiply it for his audience to get the flow from more of the art because let’s face it, they were the ones scripting the flow and beats of the story. At the bottom of the one or page Stan was using that space for continuity purposes. That’s where Marvel really shined in the 60s their books had continuity unlike most of DC’s. Marvel was the world happening outside yours and Stan was the narrator and guide. Roy Thomas evolved what Stan did in the Bronze Age.

What has been some examples of your favorite narration or prose in a comic book? And how should comics be made.

In anime :)

Strange did it first.

>I want a challenge
>Wait fuck I take that back

The first time he wanted a challenge for the sake of it and it backfires. I don’t mind seeing a more proactive Strange, but I’m glad it did backfire (along with his “I’ve seen it all” arrogance). Doesn’t feel right to me otherwise

I for one dig this completely compressed tale.

Never read Doctor Strange before, huh? He bin doing that shit forever.

>taking obvious bait

Shut UP, yer gunna spoil it!

Strange wanting something new isn’t that strange .

He has never really backed down from any challenge that came his way, having (unacted on) wishes for something new seems ok to me. Maybe if he did act on his wish by actively searching for a fight then I’ll have a problem with it, but as a stray thought it’s ok

I’ll bet 10 bucks that the battledemon bursts out later

I mean him losing his magic in this arc was 100 times better than whatever drivel Aaron wrote, who just repurposed his Ghost Rider and Thor plot again for the third time.

True, the alien magic bits were pretty fun, and Kanna is cool, unlike Zelma. And it lasted wayyy shorter. Much better than "LOL DESTROY EVERYTHING LOLLLL"

Wait a sec!
I was just reading FF 6 yesterday. Doom v. Galactus.
Doom uses magic on Galactus; doesn't work so well.
Read the dialog.

Attached: Fantastic Four - Director's Cut 006-015.jpg (1988x3056, 2.41M)

Eggworld

I wonder what bullshit strange is going to pull to defeat him. The crazy bullshit is usually my favourite part of Strange comics

Editors ain’t working

Galactus was taken by surprise, plus whatever that alien did was far stronger than the bands. In galactus’ point of view it’s probably
>two random people pop up
>hm weird swirly thing around me
>oh sweet new places to feast on
If the alien attempted to trap galactus though, the magic will be absorbed. Like how Doom managed to get the crimson bands to appear intially, but got BTFO after galactus understsood what’s going on

Also I think the magic opened a portal in 616 into the mystic realm, not tried to bind him. This simplicity is what allowed the incident to happen because Galactus was probably just minding his business instead of actively looking to consume.

Galactus was preparing to consume Zoloz's world, that's why he was so distracted

Not to mention Galactus is in two places at the same time here.

I like to think Galactus can pop back into the main universe if he wants to.

Sliding timeline. Don't question it

>And done! If you liked it, buy it at your LCS or something
fuck you, I'm not giving Mark Waid a cent.

Attached: mark waid facebook.png (501x861, 93K)

Eh, he’s already paid, so there’s not much you can do

STILL butthurt about this shit? Jesus christ, move on pal.

>comic book readers
>moving on, about anything, EVER
where exactly do you think you are?

Attached: 1515782880644.jpg (490x493, 286K)

Why doesn't Strange just summon the phoenix to spank galactus

I realized it before I posted. But man, holy fuck, talk about a stupid grudge that isn't even theirs to begin with.
Because the Phoenix right now is... Wolverine?

Thanks OP

this was pretty fucking good, thanks.
are there any particularly bad Galactus stories? I can list like two dozen great Galactus tales. I have a theory that the Big Guy raises the quality of his comics by sheer presence.