Werewolf Jones from MM&O

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: werewolfjonesroyalty.jpg (640x718, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9KPtpqsRlfM
fantagraphics.com/series/megahex/
youtube.com/watch?v=_E2OxiaPgDI
youtube.com/watch?v=986gTwLv70Q
youtube.com/watch?v=d3geqHgAuFo
youtube.com/watch?v=3JSVFGUIQQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't want to know. Imagining what made someone as fucked up like him so damaged is best left a mystery

too based
too chad
stay on Yea Forums and never achieve this

He peaked in high school

I can only imagine. Probably shitty home life, lack of a stable father figure, most likely neglected, sexually, physically, and verbally abused.

In uni, I knew a guy who was uncannily similar to WWJ but not quite as extreme and depraved (the nadir was him battering his gf and assaulting a security guard after having taken some N-bombs thinking they were mere LSD). He came from money but he had a terrible home life and was severely mentally ill (possibly bipolar, he never told me what exactly). WWJ acts like a white trash deadbeat dad to his kids, so I'd guess he comes from a white trash background. Hanselmann mentioned in an interview that WWJ desperately wants to be loved, so I'd guess he didn't experience a lot of warmth or affection growing up.

Attached: 1524379079023.png (484x359, 389K)

Kinda sad that comic showing his kids are now doing fine isn't canon.

WWJ&S about to be reprinted FYI

Hopefully his kids don't end up like him, are those comics where he dies canon?

It's canon that he dies at some point but the X-mas comic where he OD's has been debunked. There was a recent comic Hanselmann did, post WWJ's death where Owl runs into one of his kids, who is now about college age.

His death is canon, but Hanselmann said he's going to rewrite it in a new comic that may be out sometime this year. I forget its name, but there's a future strip where Owl visits WWJ's grave and meets Jaxon there, who's grown up to be a clean-cut and well-adjusted young man in spite of his horrible upbringing.

Seems like a reasonable fellow to me.

Attached: TrevorPhilips-GTAV.png (941x1048, 1.34M)

Interesting that we don't see from his other kid. Makes you wonder if he went down the same path as his dad.

Do we know why mogs just as bad as the rest?
Is being a manlet and witch anal enough or was it his parents or something?

Friendly reminder that WWJ turns human when he's sober but he's always in werewolf form so him and his kids are just always hopped up on some sort of drug

His problem is that he's addicted to being a werewolf. He constantly stays high or drunk in order to maintain his form. He's never sober enough to think properly.

well, that could still be their eventual fate. Hanselmann just said he was doing a new version of WWJ's death, so he could also be doing a new version of the boys' successful futures as well.

>Unlike Diesel, Jaxon is always yelling and trying to get his dad's attention
>Jaxon accidentally breaks Ow'ls beak because he's frustrated that WWJ is ignoring him
>WWJ admits in "Father Knows Best" that he doesn't love Jaxon as much as Diesel
>Jaxon and Diesel live in a dirty, trashy-filled house and left to subsist off of junk food while their dad shoots methadone into his eyeballs
>mfw Jaxon is a sad, lonely kid who acts out because he's never known any genuine affection or love from his dad
This comic is full of depressing, upsetting details like that. Beneath the exagerrated comedic scenarios and magic realism, MM&O is very real with how it portrays these problems. No one should have to endure having WWJ as a parent at that age. It reminds me of the Breaking Bad episode where Jesse finds that malnourished, neglected little kid in the house of those meth fiends.

Attached: The Eltingville Club-099.jpg (736x906, 185K)

Jaxon was the kid WWJ disliked...a blessing in disguise.

>his kids are just always hopped up on some sort of drug
Sugar. Their mouths are always slathered with brightly-colored syrup.
This doesn't explain Jaxon being a werewolf in the future scene with Owl though.

The stated explanation for that is that they're always hopped up on sugar and energy drinks, as opposed to drugs. They are seen smoking a bong at WWJ's behest once, but their eyes are usually clear so it's not drugs that make them wolf boys.

Attached: One More Year-222.jpg (1875x2625, 1017K)

Post your MMO zine collections

Attached: 20190327_120949_50.jpg (1512x1675, 1.77M)

Depression meds?

Mogg is shit because he peaked in highschool and doesn't want to better himself
He has other's to support him so he never wants to get better and is happy where he is. He's really needy and is always pulling Megg down with him whenever she wants to get better and he feels he'll lose her because he doesn't actually have anything positive going for him

He's that guy from high school who still treats the world like he did back then and bullies Owl because Mogg never grew up as a person

Attached: baby2.gif (270x299, 1.33M)

maybe he's a casual stoner like Owl but is just better-adjusted than his dad

This. Mogg is a fucking horrible person. WWJ at least has the excuse of being so mentally ill that he's detached from reality, but Mogg is aware of how his shitty behavior affects others but doesn't care one bit. His faux-apology at the end of Megahex says it all. "Sorry" is in quotes and he has this confused look on his face like he's only doing this because he thinks it will placate Owl. It's obvious that Mogg feels no remorse for all the times he's hurt, ripped-off, and denigrated Owl in their time together as "friends."

Attached: Megahex-205.jpg (1875x2625, 1.35M)

Whose voices do you read these in? I picture Owl as having Brad Neley's loser professor brother voice

I imagine Megg having a deeper, huskier sounding voice, like a chronic smoker's. Maybe Audbrey Plaza?

Mogg, has to sound like an arrogant jock and overall shithead so Thomas F. Wilson (Biff).

WWJ, This guy.
youtu.be/9KPtpqsRlfM

Have you ever seen Peep Show? Owl would sound like Mark in that show (IE, nebbish, nervous, and angry).

I'm actually surprised Mogg's still with Megh
in the flash-forwards, even after all the shit that's to come in Bad Gateway.

Cool, #2 hasn't been scanned yet. Anyone with one willing to scan (along with Entertainment) please?

They're both too lazy and cowardly to make a change, plus at their age (and physical and mental condition) it wouldn't be too easy to find someone else.

>tfw WWJ will never be your roommate

Attached: 01.jpg (950x1259, 439K)

Honestly, what other options do they have? Megg probably doesn't have a home to go back to and I have to imagine it's the same with Mogg. They're both in their 30's and have been mooching off of others for years now. They can barely function in society to begin with and even if they did go their separate ways, who on god's green earth would even put up with them?

This.

Attached: 02.jpg (964x1258, 440K)

Attached: 03.jpg (941x1259, 458K)

Attached: 04.jpg (964x1258, 446K)

Attached: 05.jpg (948x1258, 442K)

Attached: 06.jpg (964x1258, 455K)

Attached: 07.jpg (948x1258, 456K)

>WWJ actually trying to get along

I grew up like that. It left a mark.

Attached: 08.jpg (964x1259, 435K)

Goddamnit, I hate now real this is.

Attached: 09.jpg (949x1257, 493K)

Attached: 10.jpg (966x1260, 466K)

Attached: 11.jpg (946x1257, 386K)

nice mmo thread

Attached: meggsanae.png (1148x1498, 459K)

>literally a living booger
I'd want to pretend to be something else, too.

Attached: 12.jpg (950x1260, 540K)

Is this after Owl fucks off?

Booger is pure. Probably the only unambiguously good person in the entire comic.

Yes. As you'll recall, WWJ moves in at the end of Megahex after Owl has departed, reflecting Megg and Mogg's deterioriating well-being and mental health. You can even see that in this comic with the state of the house, which is even darker and filthier thanks to WWJ's presence. It's like he emits a corrupting aura that poisons the the places he's in and the people around him.

Attached: Band Practice.jpg (1280x813, 334K)

Attached: Dams.jpg (1280x865, 475K)

Attached: Ocean's Eleven.jpg (1280x1370, 656K)

Owl clearly kept the house in a semi-decent state. Megg understands the squalor she's now living in but has no interest in cleaning it herself.

Megg has a decent rack.

Attached: Pizzatisserie.png (551x608, 618K)

Attached: Uncharacteristic Werewolf Jones.png (936x261, 443K)

I feel like she could escape the cycle and sober up as she has moments where she's normal and realizes how fucked up everything is.
Mogg and WW don't care but she has depression and goes to therapy about those "skeletons". Maybe if her therapist and mogg wasn't shit she could get out

He chose king.

Attached: Wielder of drugs.png (347x511, 227K)

Owl did it. She probably isn't capable.

I only got one. Happy seeing a mm&o thread for once, it's been a while

Attached: 20190327_120340.jpg (1080x1440, 1.02M)

>Hard Rubbish
I don't think I know this one.

Is the the cover an alternate WWJ death where he freezes to death in a ditch?

Shame since after owl shes the most aware. Probably can't since shes too deep into it. Ww dies and i'm guessing they will too

Attached: Couch Gag.jpg (1280x1847, 740K)

I had a brief fling with a girl who looked and acted like Megg. She didn't shower regularly, her room reeked because she kept a cat in there against the dorm rules, and she shafted me before eventually dropping out of school.

Attached: Megg's Tooth Shatters Again 01.jpg (1000x1346, 456K)

I think Mogg seen how fucked her future is if she continues her lifestyle, as seen in her parents in Mogg's Coven. But did that visit really change anything in her?

Megg knows she's in deep shit but it too weak to get out

Mogg doesn't care he's in deep shit and doesn't want to change

WWJ knows he's in deep shit but doesn't know how to get out

Owl knew he was in deep shit and finally picked up and left it.

Attached: Megg's Tooth Shatters Again 02.jpg (1000x1342, 507K)

Imagine how filthy you have to be for multiple teeth to be so rotten they spontaneously shatter.

I feel a lot more sympathy for WWJ just for this comic.

I think I despise Megg almost as much as I despise the other characters. She's a less shitty person, but her contentedness to wallow in mediocrity and act like a cunt to everyone in her life for no reason makes me not sympathize with her. Her and Mogg are perfect for one another in that sense.

The new book coming this summer is supposed to have post-Megg's Coven stories so well find out soon

It's from April 2017 and only 11 pages
Plotsum:
They find clothes and a big hdtv on the street, and after they bring them home the house gets infected with bed bugs. They leave and stay in the woods drinking wine for the rest of the night. wwj leaves to take a piss while mmo continue drinking. Hours later and out of wine they wonder where wwj is and find him passed out at the bottom of a hill, tangled in barbwire with puke on his clothes. Here's the back, and then you turn it around to the front which looks really nice.

Attached: 20190327_122044.jpg (1080x1440, 1011K)

I'm just glad Owl got out.

where does MM&O take place? new zealand?

It's set in Oregon I believe. The author is from Australia so some commonwealth expressions like "pants" turn up in the dialogue.

>on his clothes
on himself I meant fuck. I would buy more of these but international shipping is kind of a bitch for me since I'm tight on money usually. The $8 poster up on bigcartel right now would cost me $30CAD

Attached: 20190327_123840.jpg (982x982, 433K)

Speaking of great comics..

It might be in Seattle because of Bruce Lee's grave, but could be in Oregon or the PNW

Attached: brucelee.jpg (2321x3197, 1.05M)

please don't bully me like this

>debunked

Only because it took place in 2018 which would mean WWJ has been dead for a year now. Comic works better when your cast of early-30s burnouts aren't dead.

I have a couple MMO volumes one of them signed by simon.
He’s pretty cool.

Meggs family are a bunch of cracked out witches and that makes her uncomfortable because it just reminds her that she’s falling into their footsteps. It might also imply that witches are stereotyped to be druggies

Moggs parents give him an allowance so that implies they still think of him and play a part into his bad NEET life behavior

Can somebody please tell me what the fuck an Onion Battlestation is?

Attached: Snip-it_1543793792474.jpg (791x708, 114K)

Can't wait for Bad Gateway

Attached: Snip-it_1543794788333.jpg (787x917, 98K)

aw yiss, it's going to be so good

if by "Ocean's Eleven" you mean "Gummo"

that's the "censored" version right? Anyone got the original

Attached: mogg.png (365x365, 238K)

Attached: slavromance.jpg (700x525, 49K)

I knew that her coven was made up of cracked out witches, I just assumed at this point in the story her mother has died, unless witches in this setting live for a very long time. Don't know if she had a father.

I never knew anything about Mogg's backstory though. Kind of makes you wonder what they're like.

>is literally cucking Mogg
that's quite a horrible thing to do, by conventional standards anyway

I think Booger is a boogieman, not a literal booger.I think anyways.

It actually happens because you grind your teeth and they crack.
>wears a nightguard desu

Being always made the center of attention while a child followed by parents growing bored of it and then denying him the attention he was used to.

Hmm..in any case he's an mtf transsexual

What's Owl's problem?
He seems to come across as an autistic loser sometimes but no autist is a sex addict.

to be fair, Mogg is a miserable scumbag who's explicitly described as being "cold," "creepy," and having "boundary issues" by Hanselmann. Their relationship is terrible and it's stated in no uncertain terms more than once that they don't truly love one another (or not when they're sober, at least). Obviously Megg should just break up with him if she's that unhappy, but her discontent is understandable at least.

"Censored" isn't really the right word. Apparently Hanselmann just wanted Mogg's intentions in that scene to be more ambiguous to Owl. It still shows him getting raped, so it's not like it's actually censoring the content of the scene itself.

1) He's too weak-willed to meaningfully change his ways or stand up to Megg and Mogg's constant mistreatment of him
2) He's lonely and he considers Megg and Mogg his friends, so he feels obligated to stick with them even after they put him through hell

Behold!

Attached: 20190327_164539.jpg (1500x1264, 1.24M)

I imagine it's like those blooming onions they sell at Outback. Just some kind of greasy, fried onion fast food.

I thought "My Rice Story" was a gag. It somehow isn't. Are "pork bits" also a thing then?

I think that Owl was probably a sheltered kid growing up. Probably didn't have a lot of friends, was socially awkward, very introverted. I think half the reason he still hangs out with with the group is they were the first real people to tolerate him in a sense.

I relate way too damn much with Owl and that's rather depressing.

Shit, where do I get more of this?

Didn't he leave? He's free now, right?

cheers mate

Yeah, in one of the more recent stories he finally told them all to stuff it and walked out.

Yep.

Hear that user. There's still hope for you to get your shit together.

Rare, frontal Jones.

>>Hopefully his kids don't end up like him
His kids grew up high on drugs and camwhoring for money. They WILL end up like him or possibly worse.

Holy shit! Ya even got the manga. Good on ya man

Attached: 1541189243589.png (406x345, 268K)

There's another panel like that with Jones facing the audience in the comic that this page is from

Any of you have that fanart that I drew saved?

I want to say you're right but then Booger is made of small green globs.

Yeah I have it right here. I'll post it right now.

Cool.

From my experience it's traditional to burn all the paper money when paying respects, so I don't know why Jones would find a bunch of it.

Here you go

Burning money in America is illegal.

Thanks bud.

You're clearly not chinese

Attached: joss paper.jpg (1200x900, 243K)

what the fuck

I can only assume that this was inspired by real life events; cuz this was absolutely not what I did when my tooth broke.

No joke, but after the month-long excruciating pain of having fucked up teeth on both sides of my mouth, I've started carrying my toothbrush everywhere I go.

I really enjoy these comics even though I only smoked weed once in my life

As a drug user it gets the arch types of stoners/users pretty well.

I think that one's actually funnier.

He also showed interest in a chemistry set during the comic where WWJ shoplifts. Of course, WWJ throws it away. I know this is more of a direct joke than a character detail, but it does show that Jaxon actually has intellectual curiosities that are being quashed.

It's depressing cuz it's all too real

There’s no need for a backstory on Mogg
There’s no need to explore it because it’s not like Megg where she’s in a constant spiral of being self aware and then not with just a very slim chance of hope or WWJ who first seems like just a funny werewolf guy who does drugs and swears until you read more into his stories
Moggs just an asshole who doesn’t like change that would affect him negatively

Not at home but did you get art with your decade?

I got all the ones from Werewolf Jones 2 onward unless if the Fantagraphic bonus (don't think I can get that in Australia) came out during that.

Don't have PERFORMANCE, worth it?

Why do most monthly MMO threads start with WWJ? We discuss what was his problem everytime.
I don't have any problem with it though.

>Why do most monthly MMO threads start with WWJ? We discuss what was his problem everytime.

Cause WWJ is a hilarious yet complex character.

He peaked in highschool but instead of fizzling like the rest he went even further off the deep end.

I don't think you can hang out with these people and not see what they do to Owl. If you just never call them out on it you're a bad person.

Like she must have heard about the rape.

t. Hanselmann

Man, I haven't read MM&O in a couple years now. Hanselmann is still killin it huh.

Comrades!

Attached: IMG_20190327_222200.jpg (2304x1296, 1.17M)

They'll be lucky to live through their teens. After that, it can go either way for a decade or two. The trauma will get them in the end.

Do you happen to have any images of Jaxon grown up?

WWJ is a washed up druggie deadbeat dad but he has really weird moments where he's genuinely nice to people, specifically Owl whom he considers a friend despite Owls hatred of him

haha dude we're such garbage lamo but it's just a cover for how sad we are lmao also drugs lmao

Attached: 1541263079984.jpg (485x480, 61K)

Anybody got scans of WWJ & Sons 2 or Hard Rubbish yet, please?

Was the kid named Sam?

False, the one who wanted the chemistry set in Ram Raids goes to college. I think the other kid is fucked though.

I think it was pointed out last time that Jaxon is still in werewolf form, so who knows how his future is

Attached: 1536949870400.jpg (2308x3180, 2.29M)

Is it ever explained why Owl comes back?

Elijah Wood for Owl
William Sayers for Mogg
Ellen Page for Megg
Hulk Hogan for WWJ

Hey so I'm confused, I thought Amsterdam was the most recent book but now it looks like there's two already out?

Are One More Year and Bad Gateway just compilation books of old comics or totally new stuff?

And if I'm right then Hanselmann is currently working on the book that takes place after Owl leaves right? Will that one be all new material?

Not really, the comic is XMP-165 if you want to look into it

Attached: 25.jpg (2272x2957, 1.2M)

WWJ is in love with Owl

Well, at least Mike showed up.

One More Year was the last one released and Bad Gateway is the next one coming out in June or July, unless it's already out earlier somewhere else

Okay cool. One More Year was basically a compilation book of older stories right?

as I remember, yes, except for maybe 2 stories

big disappointment after buying

Owl’s reaction to Meg and Mog is great.

I never get the zines in time, but I did get the summer fun shirt. It's a nice conversation starter.

Attached: What Is a Good Gift for a Baby 01.jpg (900x1217, 1014K)

Attached: What Is a Good Gift for a Baby 02.jpg (900x1217, 970K)

I don't get the impression that he's living with M+M again. He isn't playing doormat to them in this comic, either.

The house doesn't look awful and I doubt Megg and Mogg would put the effort into cleaning the place up

There's a chance Owl moved back in but doesn't put up with them

I mean he was seemingly on good terms with them in the original WWJ death story.

The impression I got was that they manage to clean up their act enough and not treat Owl like shit, so he's okay with being their friend as long as there's boundaries in place. Which now that I think about it is a lot to assume, but that was the impression I've had about where things will go.

Owl with Mark Corrigan's voice is eerily accurate

everyone just has a deep growl. Meg is just more femine growl. Sounds all very lazy like they don't even want to talk.
WWJ can enter close to murderface if he needs to, but still a deep voice.

I hope the WWJ death comic is about an incident where he loses all his drugs somehow and tries to find more, and it chronicles his rapidly degrading sanity and introspective thoughts as he fails and starts going through an ungodly withdrawal and the ending is him turning back into a human and exclaiming how he feels great before he immediately drops dead from heart failure

Attached: 1533241386630.jpg (600x553, 82K)

Sounds like you're describing Vocal Fry.

underrated post

They always are

Fry is pretty vocal, but he just says stupid stuff mostly. Still, he's a great character, and I like him, even if Bender is more interesting and vocal

>I mean he was seemingly on good terms with them in the original WWJ death story.
I think that was written before he had the idea for Owl leaving as a story development.

I thin Xmas2018 came out in 2016 after megahex had been published, but a lot of the "future" stuff is roughed out sorta-canon until hansleman puts in a book

Nah, "Ritwick." He was a Bangladeshi-American kid who came from money, as I mentioned. His name being so unusual here in the great north midwest is part of why he became a semi-legendary figure on campus after dropping out. Him attacking his gf was only one of many of the crazy, illegal stunts he pulled.

What kind music do you lads imagine would be on the soundtrack of an animated MM&O [as] adaptation? I have a feeling it'd all be fuzzed-out, psychedelic indie music and noise rock like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=_E2OxiaPgDI
youtube.com/watch?v=986gTwLv70Q
youtube.com/watch?v=d3geqHgAuFo

Attached: original.jpg (576x576, 455K)

Pure silence.

Late July, with a 3rd WW&J Sons zine coming out sometime soon.

I recall Simon saying Mogg's Coven was a two-volume arc in an interview, but I'm probably wrong. In any case, the series probably won't end for a while.

I showed my ex the old MMO threads and she loved them so much she wants to buy physical copies. She is a kiwi and thought that the stories were very similar to her shitty home life back in the day. Whenever I see this comic, I think of her.

I listened to this while reading "Megg's Coven" and thought it was appropriate.
youtube.com/watch?v=3JSVFGUIQQI

Attached: coven1.jpg (1280x1893, 846K)

Attached: coven2.jpg (1280x1850, 843K)

this. just the ambiance of a shitty apartment.

Attached: coven3.jpg (1280x922, 500K)

Attached: coven4.jpg (1280x916, 531K)

Attached: coven5.jpg (1280x914, 564K)

Attached: coven6.jpg (1280x909, 540K)

So Mogg's mom is a heroin addict I take it? And Mogg's grandma has dementia on top of having whatever mental illness runs in the family?

Feel pretty sure “not high enough” was essentially “fuck you losers.” And then he went and visited WWJ’s grave.
I’m just mapping some of my own experience onto Jaxon but I think the werewolf thing is the meds he takes to keep his PTSD under control.

>sold salad instead of weed

This happened to me, once.

Did you smoke the salad?

When I was a kid and had braces the orthodontist gave me wax that I could put over them if they were cutting up my mouth, I think that's what was being attempted here.

No wonder Megg's the way she is. Her coven's a hellhole.

Note that it's probably using the British/Commonwealth sense of "pants" here, meaning underwear, making the blood-soaked pants more ominous and the McDonald's pants more incomprehensible.

Attached: 517c71087b44e_206497b.jpg (1000x778, 80K)

What a fucked up movie.

"Megg's Coven" really rides the line between horrific and absurd. I hope the eventual continuation nails the same thing.

I want to see more of Megg's mom being a withered, sickly heroin addict and Megg confronting the fact that she's going to end up like her one day.

No, of course not, but I stopped smoking pot for a long time after that.

Seeing all these zines makes me drool and lament that I'm an eurozone bastard. Is there a way for me to get these zines from somewhere? Does Simon ship across seas? I already have Amsterdam and One More Year, can't wait for Bad Gateway.

It makes more sense if she's talking about McDonald's standard issue khakis.

i really love how this comic can get right in that sweet spot of realism while having werewolves witches and owlmen

I love MMO for the same reason as Requiem 5 A Dream.

Owl only seems better in comparison to the others, he's still an anxious alcoholic loaded with STDs. Put hom with a group of actual well adjusted people, and he would be the loser fuck up. I think that's the main reason he hung out with them, despite what awful, dysfunctional assholes they are. To feel better about himself. Standing next to the likes of Mogg and WWJ, Owl looks downright saintly.

Attached: tv1.jpg (1280x1323, 495K)

Attached: tv2.jpg (1280x1310, 500K)

Attached: tv3.jpg (1280x1327, 520K)

Attached: tv4.jpg (1280x1323, 513K)

Attached: tv5.jpg (1280x1323, 462K)

Attached: tv6.jpg (1280x1328, 484K)

Attached: tv7.jpg (1280x1323, 470K)

Attached: tv8.jpg (1280x1345, 513K)

Attached: tv9.jpg (1280x1331, 485K)

Attached: tv10.jpg (1280x1318, 426K)

To paraphrase the blurb on the back of Megahex: "You will believe an owl can cry." And boy does he.

Christ this is so fucking well written. Not as a meme, not for a comic. This is genuine literature.

It's simultaneously one of the most authentic portrayals of broken people in a developed country I've ever seen, but also so uniquely funny that it makes it amazingly digestible and keeps you invested in characters you might otherwise write off as nothings for fear of empathising and having to see parts of yourself in them.

It has a way of inserting depressing details in a way that feels so socially real no matter how on the nose extreme they are. Serious shit is mentioned in an offhand way that you don't often see in fiction, but that's actually often more true to life because people get so acclimatized to their own malfunctions and traumas they often become way too candid and open about them. It underscores the mundanity of things like rape and suicide by having characters mention them so comfortably. Those things aren't dramatic, or particularly worth hiding. They're how the world is.

A lot of good stuff goes under the radar or never gets the recognition it deserves, so I can't say for sure, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if this eventually made its way into modern English canon.

This guy gets it

This is another page that gets a minor change in later releases. Megg didn't have freckles in her design before this, but Hanselmann decided to keep them, and in collected volumes her dialogue is changed to "I just draw on additional freckles".

>Library book has herpes
>dat Owl
hahahahaaaah

>WWJ is the down-to-earth one=
>Owl is the insane pervert
is this bizarro MMO