Avengers No Road Home #7 Storytime

Hey there folks! Another week, another installment of the best Avengers ongoing saga.

Nyx, the Goddess of Night, has tracked Wanda to the Hyborian Age after peering through her eyes into the Shard! But the Avengers have a few tricks up their sleeves still...

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-000.jpg (1192x1833, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EK2GMcxy5Rc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember to bump while you're reading.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-001.jpg (1192x1833, 433K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-002.jpg (1192x1833, 364K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-003.jpg (1192x1833, 532K)

Spectrum, best Avenger...

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-004.jpg (2385x1833, 1.02M)

It was another ruse!

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-005.jpg (1192x1833, 556K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-006.jpg (1192x1833, 604K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-007.jpg (1192x1833, 541K)

Don't be such a spoilsport, Clint... Let Rocket and Hulk have their fun.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-008.jpg (1192x1833, 537K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-009.jpg (1192x1833, 546K)

Yeah that's right Monica, us blind heroes deserve a chance to shine! ... No pun intended.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-010.jpg (1192x1833, 532K)

Damn, okay, you're stealing the show this week.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-011.jpg (1192x1833, 610K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-012.jpg (1192x1833, 586K)

How many abilities does she have?

Conan, no!

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-013.jpg (1192x1833, 718K)

Just a good ol' disagreement, it's all.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-014.jpg (1192x1833, 601K)

That's the extent of it, really-- turning into hard light and using the full electromagnetic spectrum. Which is OP as fuck.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-015.jpg (1192x1833, 604K)

Her outfit is skimpier than I originally assumed... Or maybe Paco Medina decided to give it a lower cut.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-016.jpg (1192x1833, 448K)

Ouch.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-017.jpg (1192x1833, 546K)

Well, at least Wanda's not blind anymore. But she's still useless.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-018.jpg (1192x1833, 606K)

>Despair, despair, despair...

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-019.jpg (1192x1833, 627K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-020.jpg (1192x1833, 596K)

SURPRISE GUEST CHARACTER ARRIVES! In a way.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-021.jpg (1192x1833, 540K)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-022.jpg (1192x1833, 629K)

And that's it for the week, hope you liked it! Go and support it if you did, either digitally or in your LCS. The trade comes out on June 25th 2019.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 07 (of 10)-023.jpg (1192x1833, 443K)

Conan, Yes!

Excellent

So, I think Hulk's plan is lure Nyx with the dark energy he absorbed in the last issue into the paradise. I'm thinking when she gets there she'll be fooled by some illusion and then someone will siphon the power from her.

I like this theory. Looks like she can track the energy of each shard and she should be able to see Hulk next.

>magic threat
>magic hero is useless
What's up with that

Wait, is that where they originally wanted to send him in Planet Hulk?

Attached: euphoria.png (647x467, 809K)

>blind heroes deserve a chance to shine! ... No pun intended.
Enough to argue she is one of if not THE most powerful hero Marvel currently has.

Tfw no monica in the MCU

when they were seeking a ww equivalent it shoulda been monica not carol

Best Captain Marvel coming through!

She's nothing like Wonder Woman. Like at all.
I don't get this insistence with trying to put her above Carol at all costs, it's just desperate. And besides, I guarantee you with this level of OP-ness, she'd be scoffed at more than Carol, what with being black on top of that.

that planet was devoid of higher lifeforms

Didn't expect this

MCU Monica would be in her 30's by now..
Just keep that in mind.

She could show up as a cop in the middle of the Decimation event, helping others while the disaster was taking place in Endgame. Not saying it will happen, but they can easily sneak in her beginnings in there.

Imagine if Magneto and Carol had a baby, that’s basically Monica’s powerset.
She’s technically a planet buster.

Why is Izumi Curtis Monica the best Monica?

Giving it a bump for boost while Doctor Strange #12 comes out.

In the meantime, just letting y'all know I'm going to storytime Die, by Kieron Gillen and Stephanie Hans later in the afternoon. So keep an eye on that if you're interested.

You know there's going to be a police officer cameo, maybe even in endgame.

If they are going to bring her in as a hero, it would probably be in Captain Marvel 2.

>kek
youtube.com/watch?v=EK2GMcxy5Rc

Two things:
1) It's very likely that Captain Marvel's sequel is going to be also a prequel, this time showing the full blown Kree/Skrull war raging on and the transition between the calm and collected Ronan and the fanatic we saw in GOTG. This is what Feige hinted at during an interview.
2) This doesn't preclude a glimpse into her life as a cop in the sequel, but I think by Endgame she should be old enough to be a fully realized woman with a hero mentality, while in Captain Marvel 2 (unless it's a post-credits scene in the "present") she could still be a teenager.

I don't see him, where's Genis?

How many issues left?

Glad to see Monica is a Janet Jackson fan.

Ah good, they've gotten back to the point of "teasing us with Wanda still having feelings for Vision."

Coming up on 30 years since they were broken up and they're still teasing.

Yea that blond plotpoint dragged on way too long. Just like Voyager being hostage

>She’s nothing like Wonder Woman
And Carol is?

No. Which is also why comparing her to fucking Wonder Woman is stupid too.

Conan killed my interest in this. Last two issues have been boring

Really? That's odd, I've read the opposite around here and other places. You don't like Conan in general or just here?

She's done some crazy shit under Ewing

>She's turned into neural electricity and simulated telepathy
>She's shaped her holographic light form into magic sigils which are actually magical
>a perfect eidetic memory that is connected to a cosmic awareness
>in hard light form she held down a Beyonder so that it could be sent back to Exo-Space
>She removed all of the electro-magnetic radiation (including heat) from the Maker, freezing him to absolute zero

Absolutely, part of why she does all this crazy stuff (including going through the planetary wall by turning into pure light, which could go through the wall unimpeded) is because Ewing treats her powerset and others as tabletop skills. This allows him to get really creative with them in order to sort obstacles like these.
Also add to that list that she can merge with other energy-based heroes and send their powers into overdrive, like Carol and Adam.

Sometimes, I don't like to think about how hard she makes me.

Nextwave reference!

>in hard light form she held down a Beyonder so that it could be sent back to Exo-Space

What comic was this?

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers

Kevin Brashear was the one who actually pushed the Beyonder back into Exo-Space, but Monica held him still long enough for it to happen

HO
LY
SHIT
MONICA
I love you

I was gonna say, I remember Kevin stayed in the Exo-Space and is considered the only person to leave the Omniverse (which is a feat in itself), but nothing about the Beyonders in Ultimates.

avfungers

The CEO from Cortex Inc in Mighty Avengers looked outside the multiverse and the Beyond Corporation looked back through him.

It was revealed that the Beyond Corporation from Nextwave were a group of a Beyonders who just liked fucking around with people, unlike Hickman's Beyonders who wanted to destroy everything

I wonder if Marvel could have an ongoing like this where it's weekly and done by two teams. Would a comic like this be profitable?

Probably not. They'd probably pull a Trinity and throw whatever artist they can on it after a while.

So... what happened to the Pym Particles serum? we will see a Giant Hulk in the final issue?

Ongoings like these could be really exhausting, I imagine. They've locked down the formula to keep their "Young Guns" in a single series while drawing everything and release in schedule, but it can never go further than 5 issues... This series was drawn by 3 artists, for example, and that's why it's kept consistent but it doesn't drain them. Pepe Larraz is doing one of the Hickman's minis, which is 5 issues; it's the only way it works.

I dont have an opinion on Conan to be honest. I think this is my first exposition to anything Conan related aside from hearing his name or knowing how he looks like.

I also believe that comparing this to No Surrender kind of killed it for me. I'm not that invested in the story even though I like the Avengers line up for this.

exposure* Sorry

>I also believe that comparing this to No Surrender kind of killed it for me.
Well the comparisons are unavoidable considering it's basically the same creative team involved, it's single arc with a weekly release, and it involves obscure Avengers characters. But other than that, they don't share many things in common.
>I think this is my first exposition to anything Conan related aside from hearing his name or knowing how he looks like.
What's your opinion on Ka-Zar? Just curious.

Why fight it?

Attached: e66c658511946de1f93a06605bd87b27952e158f.jpg (1098x2100, 341K)

Wait did I miss an issue? I thought Hulk transformed after breaking that Nyx shard?

Not that user, just lurking but I agree Avengers No Surrender seriously the best Avengers storyline we've had for awhile. I'm liking where this one is going so far, but not better than No Surrender.

It wasn't clear, but what he did was absorb the dark energy within himself, and it's why he looked slightly different. I also thought he was transformed but it was mostly a coloring issue.

I havent read much stuff with Ka-Zar aside from some Lee/Romita Spider-Man issues, that time Peter, Gwen and Jonah ended up in Savage Land and an issue of Brubaker's X-Men with Ka-Zar and a Tarzan lady having a double date with Scott and Emma.
But I dont think he is my kind of character, I prefer urban stuff.

Fair enough, I asked because there's clear similarities between the two, even though Ka-Zar is more of a jungle type of character. I just realized that he's one of the "Agents of Wakanda" recently recruited in Aaron's Avengers, I wonder if they'll keep synergizing Conan into the current 616-8 canon and he ends up doing a few cameos over there too... And how he'd react if he meets Ka-Zar.

But Genis wasn't in this issue.

Speaking of crossovers what I really want to see is Cytorrak trying to claim Conan as his champion. Get some sweet deity vs deity action.

But Khn'nr wasn't in this issue.

It's official: Clint has become the 616 rouges and kids babysitter.

I love that she's not, like, a typical Bombshell Supermodel Villain. She's sexy, sure, but her proportions are off enough to make her kind of freaky as well.

Damn Monica you scary.

That teasing is as much as we ever get. The worst part isn't how it never leads to anything, it's that even getting this little still feels like they gave us something.

bump

>tfw no long necked waifu

Jesus Monica

Mary Sue coming through

>clint is threatening a hulk that he can't kill even with an arrow specifically made to kill a hulk
>this hulk is also perfectly happy to kill clint on the spot if he wants
>this hulk actually enjoys this limp threat
If anything Clint made himself interesting enough to be kept around to Hulk.

I've got a feeling Vision is going to die. Why else would they tease like that?

Long shot, but maybe... Maybe Vision can be restored on Styrakos if Death's Head helps Wiccan.

Damn Monica you're one funky cold medina

The one thing that gives hope he won't die here, is the cancelled Vision miniseries. The one that was cancelled because Marvel's plans for him changed. If the plan was just to kill him here, why not publish that miniseries first? If the old plan was to kill him in that miniseries, why kill him here instead?

If he is dying here, hopefully he and Wanda at least get to visit this "Wishing World" first, it might finally force them to confront long-denied feelings.

Clint is always good foil for other characters. It's how he works beter as a character actually, when he is not alone, in a team up.

Only shit writers think that he's boring. Even my mother thinks that he's something else, and bullshit too, him not having any kind of powers. No way in hell that's just hard work.

Mark Brooks working on a cover for something, probably has to be too late to be a variant for No Road Home.

Attached: 53283823-438109653604568-386914919170110035-n.jpg (655x800, 77K)

Only reading this for conan since jason aron is already well on his way to ruining conan.

>Mary Sue
Don't be an idiot.

And it's just a cover for his new sketchbook, it's not for any upcoming comic.

>Her outfit is skimpier than I originally assumed
I feel like the design is different from the last issue, like there was a little more covering her up compared to here with a lot more skin showing. I gotta look at the previous to see there was a change. Not that I'm complaining mind you, really like how she looks here, just curious.

is that Whisper Hill, Agatha Harkness' former home? I guess that's where the last piece is.

Carol is nothing like Diana either

Damn, really? That's all? This book has been really great, I'll be sad to see it go.

Yep. That or Wanda has cleverly tricked Nyx.

Not that user, but it wasn't a direct comparison. user said "WW equivalent"
That means 'highest profile female hero'. Marvel's entire strategy behind Captain Marvel has been about creating a property to match WW's prestige and position as 'highest profile female hero'.

What is this bullshit? Why are you posting the whole book, motherfucker? If it's NPC dog shit, then fine - let everyone see how bad it is. But if it's good, then fucking PREVIEW it. You are one of the reasons why the industry is dying.

It's actually the same design, down to the t. But it looks like it's more open on the side, and she was drawn more stylized and elongated, giving the illusion that she's showing more skin.
Good call, we never actually see the effects of Wanda's magic.
Well in that case, Monica wouldn't have been a good replacement either, back then Storm was still the highest profile character they had, and when Monica's push in the Avengers ceased, she immediately faded into obscurity.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 04 (of 10)-013.jpg (1200x1846, 506K)

The issue two weeks ago and this week's are great exhibitions of superpowers and character. Your opinion doesn't make any sense to me. Why else read these things if that's not what you're after?

>If it's NPC dog shit, then fine - let everyone see how bad it is
Jesus christ.
>You are one of the reasons why the industry is dying.
Am I really?

Attached: IMG_20190327_223657_2.jpg (1932x2576, 669K)

Storytimes have always been a thing, dumb dumb. I'm in the store every week supporting the industry. Storytimes on 4channel aren't killing sales.

Faggot.

>"Storytimes have always been a thing, dumb dumb"
>Comic book stores closing all over the world.
>"I'm in the store every week supporting the industry."
Good for you, retard. Buying from every store in every town, city, and country on the planet? No, you're fucking not. And neither is anyone else. It isn't just identity politics bullshit that is killing the industry, it's fucktards who will go on these threads, read the books, and never fucking BUY THEM. I don't believe you, by the way. You've bought fuck all.

Thief. Scumbag. Fucking kill yourself, you worthless piece of shit.

Attached: 1524972554280.jpg (319x294, 19K)

That's actually funny. Kudos points are awarded. Though, I'm not right leaning like the Hair Dryer.

That's actually pretty damn funny. Though, I'm not right leaning like the Hair Dryer.

Attached: thumbs-up-44-624869.png (256x256, 3K)

This.
My money's on Monica dying/transcending to become all light in the universe

>I don't believe you, by the way. You've bought fuck all.
That's just not accurate.

Attached: somecomics.jpg (1080x1080, 957K)

Nice collection. Mine is not nearly as big as this one, but I hope that one day I have enough money (and more empty shelves) to actually get all I've wanted.

God I hope not

I know Ewing is the only one who's given her the time of day in years but it would suck to take her off the board.

With Monica it might be more permanent than Herc or Vizh

Lewds when?

With money and time all things are possible.