Shazam! #04 Storytime

No Sen edition.

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

shazamaholic.blogspot.com/2019/03/review-shazam-4.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-001.jpg (3974x3056, 2.04M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.32M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-005.jpg (3975x3056, 2.9M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-010.jpg (3975x3056, 2.63M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.29M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.48M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.35M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.65M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.29M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-020.jpg (3974x3056, 1.3M)

That's all. Hope you enjoyed this book.

Attached: Shazam! (2018-) 004-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.25M)

HE COMIN'

I want to fuck that cat milf.

We Zootopia now

Is this Weekly from Blacksad?

Attached: HOLD THE FUCK UP.jpg (516x808, 182K)

I miss Sen's pages. Maybe she'll do Adam story in the next issue.

>Tawny is rebelling against the social order through civil disobedience.
Fuck yeah Tawky Tawny.

Jesus Christ, kid

Well, that took a turn
>that eyepatch girl is there too

Johns worked heavily on Shazam, using his New52 run as the main inspiration. The post credit scene directly sets up the plot in this story, so it's probably safe to assume they're probably going to use this as a template for the sequel as they used the New52 for the first film

Yeeeeaaah! Teth is here to save the day

VIDEOGAMES

He does look a bit like him. Could be an homage.

It’d be an odd way to introduce Black Adam to Billy, unless Billy cameos in Adam’s movie

I still can’t get over how fucked up The Funlands are. Granted I expected as much, but the implications are horrendous given how long this has been going on. Developmentally stunted adults used as slave labor until death? Damn. We don’t even know how they even got there in the first place

HAHA TIME FOR BEST ANTIHERO

>Black Adam to the rescue!
Its more likely than you think.

Though I must admit I did not expect Black Adam to appear so soon.

>Be Adam
>Chilling in Kandaq, being a king, god, and hero to your people
>Suddenly when daydreaming about you family and thinking about dating again, magic senses tingle
>Realize new guy fucked up and opened subways again
>Cancel lunch with Sinestro to go fix this
>”Dammit, Bill!”

>DADDY"S HERE TO SAVE THE KIDS
>or snap their necks, like his nephew

>The first Zootopia crossover comes from DC, not Marvel
Weird

>When you are the evil ex-champion.
>But the new guy is so incompetent you end up having to keep doing his job to fix his mistakes.

BIG GUY

I doubt Adam will show up here, just like they merged Sivanna and Adams roles in the first one, they'll likely do it here too, with Mr Mind being the main villain.
I guess that's the point, like with most magic it's all fun and games until you actually look into it

I feel like this place could work to also bring in Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew

They're on their own earth, they've been used since Multiversity too, though very sparingly

>How to Stop Eating Four Friends
I like it already

But it doesn’t look like Adam is playing Villian here, it looks like he might be the guy who saves the day... still I’m curious how Adam survived being turned to dust from Curse of Shazam

No I know they exist through the multiverse I’m just saying this could be the way they can interact with Earth 1 at large

Your.

They actually did that way back during Forever Evil in Adam’s solo issue (nearly every villain got one). Basically a Kandaq woman (who I think was supposed be Isis?) looked into the fables of “Mighty Adam” and hoped to summon him to save her people. She was reciting the spell, listing Adam’s pantheon, her brother dies protecting her from militants, and desperately cries SHAZAM which revives Adam. He then usurps the current ruler

>We don’t even know how they even got there in the first place
King Kid seemingly got there by his own desire, his wish for companionship seems to be bringing other kids there. Also the Funlands don't seem to interact with the Earthlands on a linear timeline, as King Kid was from the Middle Ages while the next child to appear was from modern times.

>In Zootopia, carnivorous going feral and hunting other animals is the issue instigating the plot
>In Shazam, carnivorous and omnivorous NOT wanting to eat other sentient animals is considered heretical
I love it

Also what’s the situation now with the Tawny in the Earthland, the normal tiger that had received powers from Billy?

Where can I found it? I looked for it, but I’ve only found the actual event and spin-offs. Was it included as backissue in an ongoing (probably JL)?

I was hoping he wouldn't. We've already got the six kids, who have been separated across the different magic lands that are introducing Marvel characters from the past, Sivana/Mr. Mind team up and whatever is going on at their home with Billy's dad. There is already more than enough going on in this comic, it doesn't need Adam right now.
>No Sen segment

That makes sense. The Wishing Stick presumably keeps transporting runaway kids after the initial wish. However immortality/time seems to only affect King Kid, as the constant stream of children turning 18 are what fuels this entire wonderland. To maintain his wishes, besides the clowns, he would have to require countless adult slaves. I can’t even imagine how many people have died here, granted the treatment adults get and the demands of a child king. Damn, John.

Justice League of America 7.4

We don’t really need to focus on him, though. They can just focus on the kids and when two of them (probably Billy and Mary) are going to be killed/defeated for good Adam can appear destroying everything to save them; we don’t really need to see how he got there, we can imagine it
Sivana and Mind too. We know they are searching objects for some kind of magic ritual, we don’t need to see them collecting them all unless they will be necessary for the final resolution, they can just complete the story in the other realms to focus on them in the next arc

Thanks

cool
this is probably one of the only dc and marvel books right now that actually has nice, detailed art

>weekly by the staircase

>when two of them (probably Billy and Mary) are going to be killed/defeated for good Adam can appear destroying everything to save them
That's exactly what I don't want happening. Let them work together and find their own way out of this mess, or at least in Freddy and Darla's case with the help of Tawny since that part of the issue is clearly heading in that direction.

Attached: 1548232766154.jpg (1726x479, 246K)

Than the kids can free themselves only to reunite and discover that Adam was actually working to stop some shit like all the realms merging because they activated the train without the right magical words or shit like that
All I’m saying is that they are not necessarily going to spend much of the arc following Adam or Sivana, so we don’t have to cross the bridge before we have to and complain about that

Jeez, Funlands aren't fun at all
Who is she?

Humans?! Disgusting

I love that Darla keeps unintentionally threatening the animals with hugs

>I wished to enver become one
So, in the end the spell will be lifted, and he will rapidly age and die, I assume.
You pulled this one with Black Adam already, Johns.

Eugene a snitch

The eyepatch girl was from the last issue, she was one of the first kids to be transported to funland and is clearly going to have a larger role... probably the person who will usurp control from King Kid

Attached: FD201F66-9D31-4CFA-ACD6-8AB2F5A52425.jpg (750x1138, 271K)

Actually I think King Kid is just getting dethroned, or at the very least makes a very poorly worded wish. It’s not like those adults have anywhere to go when freed

Wonder how the events of this book tie to Doomsday Clock, considering Adam is also in it, and Geoff writes both

Thanks!

one of my favorite books

While probably thats exactly who she is you can clearly see other people that appear much older than her, of course she's in her prime because its better if she's hot, but if you are going to do that at least dont show older slaves.

Asher has consistently been the least excited person of the main cast. Look at these formulaic answers. Wonder if he's a bit mad that all spotlight is on Levi and Grazer.

I can’t help but hear South Park Michael Jackson when reading King Kid’s dialogue

That’s ignorant

Forgot pic

Attached: 0224EF01-FED5-4CD9-BFE8-0795432E715F.gif (480x270, 626K)

Getting some real blacksad vibes, we need more of that stuff, still waiting for the next book though

Good to see Tawny again.

Hm wonder why they didn't transform.

>Have you seen my wishing stick~?
>It keeps me safe, and never get sick. HEE HEE!
>And Id like to share with you, my wishing stick~!
>Where we can make dreams come true, no trick! SHAMOANA!
>We can do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, with my wishing stick~ HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

why is she such a fucking dumbass

I actually love this concept

Wait is thus just Spy Kids 3?

Dude, she’s like 9

She's literally autistic isn't she?

Well, she sure as hell didn't get the wisdom of Solomon, I can tell you that much.

She’s a little kid

Daddy Adam is here to save the Shazam family

Womp Womp

She's clearly got emotional problems that have affected her development. Being an orphan isn't always exactly good for your psyche, my dude.

So far has this been good?

I was thinking of just grabbing the trades when they come out.

So basically the grid from Tron?

Last issue indicated that she's got some pretty bad separation anxiety related to Mary going to college so she probably has something going on.

Or maybe he just turns into an adult and Black adam kills him, little bastard isn’t a kid just an adult pretending to be one

He’s Sivanna right?

Also possible
Sivana is out there looking for ingridients for his spell atm, so I doubt that

Darla is cute

Damn. It’s like reverse child labor.

>Hope you enjoyed this book
So many things I dislike Johns for, but this book isn't one of them. It's a good take, and I've been reading this character on and off since the late 1970s.

The entire place is an inversion of Endtown

Just noticed those rags are just the clothes they’ve been wearing since they got there

>wonder why they didn't transform
We haven't seen evidence that the other kids could transform back if they said Shazam either. Maybe the Earthlands are the only place where it works because that's where the enchantment took place?

Well they were able to transform no problem in Funland

Maybe because there near billy he’s like a channel for their energy or something

I fucking love this book

Or it could be that they're introducing a new rule to the transformation. Traditionally there were three members of the Marvel Family, and right now three members of the Shazamily are transformed.

So this is the terrifying side of having a place being run by kids right? Lord of the flies levels of morality

In the first issue all of them were capable of transforming without issue.

cool

I think it’s more of a proximity to Billy. Remember that he’s the chosen champion, and the rest siphon off his power. In fact each of them only specialize in one ability, Darla having the speed of Mercury for example

It's garbage.

What a garbage opinion

Attached: AF9AB343-0559-402F-B13C-F40EB5F85DF3.jpg (1875x1161, 396K)

I'm getting Blacksad vibes

Attached: Blacksad In New York.png (1800x1434, 3.68M)

This book still seems to be going well, hope it keeps it up.

Same, though it seems like they leave the magiclands next issue or the one after.

Well they still haven't shown the Monsterlands or Darklands.

But more importantly, what's the significance of these lands? They're rather insignificant (from first glance) considering The Rock of Eternity is smack dab in the middle of the entire Multiverse. Why does each council chair have a symbol of a land if all the previous members were from Earthland?

Attached: Think Twice.jpg (687x697, 74K)

>seven magical lands
>two evil ones, two zany ones.

At least Wildlands are kinda cool.

Can I just say I love King Kid? He SOUNDS like a Captain Marvel character. The name scheme's right, you know?

But Tigers are obligate carnivores!

Welp, this turned into Lord Of Flies levels of horror right quick.

This place is quite literally Las Vegas, but somehow even more shitty..

Honestly, I'm pretty sure there was a child king character in the Golden Age but I'll be damned if I can remember anything besides the fact he had a Giant Robot that he used to protect the kingdom.

Las Vegas with Chinese Social Scoring. Fucking horrible.

>Wildlands: Quite literally dog-eat-dog as an entire realm
>Funlands: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ADULTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Gamelands: What would happen if we merged Las Vegas and all its degeneracy with the Chinese social system? What could go wrong?
All of these realms thus far have been awful shitholes. No wonder they got cut off from the rest of reality.

Why isn't the Joker showing up?

Who knew such a thing was possible.

With magic, anything is possible.

I bet you each "land" is created by humans. Notice how Funland only came into existence after one troubled child found The Wishing Stick. For all we know, they're all part of The Dreaming

Johns setting up Adam to be important to the story, especially in a Shazam book, so what else is new?

You know I must ask what kind of lair allows your arch enemy to come in uninvited anytime they want?

Showing up, or rising up?

The kind that opens to literally anyone who holds the Wizard's power.

I like this layout

DADDY'S HOME!

well screw that

>gaming license

hey he's here

TAWNY!!!!

Okay so the artist has no idea what an alarm clock radio looks like.

Probably were created by the Council members, like how the kid created fun land.

Maybe it's one specially designed to look like that

I love watching this Billyfag seethe whenever a new issue of Shazam comes out
shazamaholic.blogspot.com/2019/03/review-shazam-4.html?m=1

>pandering to my furry side
I....I don’t know if this is good, or bad...

bump.

This series is fucking great. I'm glad good books are stull coming out post-rebirth.
>You're in the gamelands, Joker
The new Joker movie is taking some liberties.

Has it been confirmed all the previous members of the council were from the Earthland?

Oh boy, Dad's here to fix everything!

Or break some kiddie necks. Either one.

Here was the council in the Nu52

Attached: 9A00ABEE-CCF8-41DA-921F-249C10732E75.png (2341x1036, 1.32M)

Autism
I want to know what happened with these guys

Why not both?

They were killed by Black Adam.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST