Best Adult Swim Show Ever

Has Yea Forums seen Moral Orel? It's probably the single most depressing show I've ever seen. I've never suffered severe depression before, but after watching this I unironically had an existential crisis and called a suicide hotline. This shit is an emotional roller-coaster. Go straight to season 2 if you haven't seen it. It's a masterpiece.

Attached: 250px-Moralorel_image.jpg (250x188, 10K)

You had me until
> Go straight to season 2
This is always a bad idea, it ruins the pacing of the show every time.

Not for this show. Season 1 is just run of the mill adult humor and religious jokes. Season 2 is where the storybuilding and drama starts to actually develop. You can skip season 1 and not miss anything.

But there are a few call backs to episodes from the first season in the later episodes.
I would recommend at least watching it

Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Frisky Dingo
Sealab 2021

I've seen space ghost and sealab 2021. Those shoes are just typical random humor adult swim shows. The only reason there's a cult following for those shows is because they we're adult swims pioneer series. Moral Orel is drastically underrated, even by people who watch adult swim. What separates it from the mediocrity of adult humor is that it focuses on a serious plot with great writing, not just running gags and politically incorrect humor.

Attached: facepalm-spiderman.png (262x192, 45K)

>Shoes
This is what staying up every day till 5 AM does to my fucking brain I swear.

Attached: DuEjuy7XcAMoEB8.jpg (640x771, 53K)

Best [as] cartoon: Moral Orel or The Boondocks
Best [as] live action show: World Peace

Looks like a "davey and goliath cartoon"

>muh edgy atheist humor

> it ruins the pacing of the show every time.
>Season 2 is where the storybuilding and drama starts to actually develop
Both the "out of nowhere" drama and the initial religious parody sucks.

Attached: Fedorafag.gif (460x600, 594K)

Did you even watch the show?

Yes, butthurt brainlet.

Ok well it's more than fucking "dry atheist humor" and "pointless drama". I don't know why the fuck you come onto Yea Forums to act like a chad when you probably have no life or ambitions like the rest of us do, NEET.

Attached: cuck.jpg (820x410, 42K)

>Season 1: hurr derr Christcucks are so dumb and bad!
>Season 2: le sudden oh the dad is gay and everyone is abusive and evil and it's not just shitty jokes anymore

>it's more than fucking "dry atheist humor" and "pointless drama"
No it isn't

>chad
>cuck
>NEET
Anymore buzzwords to spew triggered fedorafag?

t. christcuck

>wrote christcuck
>hurr derr you're the christcuck!

Calm down son, it's just a drawing

t. /pol/

Retard, the entire point of the show is that Orel's faith helps him be a decent person. Every other character in the show wears a mask. Clay appears to be a Leave It To Beaver Dad, but is a self-loathing hypocrite. The Nurse seems like a sexpot nympho, but is a deeply stunted victim of abuse. Bloberta seems like a loving mother, but is a cold numb icebox desperate for literally ANY sign of affection. The adults use a veneer of faith or morality or quirky trait to hide what disgusting people they are, but Orel is a genuinely kind and thoughtful boy who tries to live by Christ's teachings. He lives through all this shit and sees every role model fail him in some terrible ways, but his faith helps him stay afloat and become a good, decent person.

You didn't watch the show

user, you're under the impression I don't love Moral Orel. I do. I think it's god tier. However, daring to criticise Space Ghost Coast to Coast for 'running gags and politically incorrect humor' just shows that you have never watched the show in your life. Kill yourself.

Attached: 1414104562083.jpg (691x470, 58K)

Jesus Christ man he's just saying it's in a separate category. Schindler's List and Airplane are some of the greatest films but I'd never put them in the same list.

Unless that list was "Comedies"

>Orel's faith
The show reject the Christian faith. Furthermore, as I already mentioned, the drama came out of nowhere and wasn't planned to begin with as the show started as a pure edgy Christian parody; e.g. "The Nurse seems like a sexpot nympho, but is a deeply stunted victim of abuse".
I watched the show, it sucked.

You don't remember Orel's literal Epiphany, where he realizes that faith isn't about going to church or not doing bad things because you're afraid of being punished. It's a relationship with God. This Epiphany is beaten out of him for being heretical.

There's plenty of things in this show to criticize, from the tonal clash between seasons to early jokes being cast in a grimdark light. But it's examinations of the power faith can give you, good or bad, are one of its strongest points.

Clay shows interest in coach stopframe in the first few episodes

>from the tonal clash between seasons to early jokes being cast in a grimdark light
> But it's examinations of the power faith can give you, good or bad, are one of its strongest points.
it's pretty much ruined by the jokes and the sheer focus on christian faith only.

It was subtle and again the whole show suddenly took itself seriously out of nowhere

My all time favorite show

...of course it was focused on the Christian faith. It was set in small town America.

There's only one relevant faith in the bible belt, Son.

An it ain't Buddhism.

Attached: moral_oel-5332.jpg (600x600, 123K)

Personally I'm upset we never got an episode focus on the Muslim members of the Moralton, Stateasota community

> It was set in small town America.
You just keep proving my point that the so called general massage the show supposedly had falls flat.

I don't care about she-orel, whatever her name was.
Stephanie should have popped orel's cherry

Attached: Picture4-13.png (853x720, 403K)

>Best Adult Swim Show Ever
>Not Venture Bros
OP is a cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup.

Attached: Go Team Venture!.gif (506x384, 148K)

While I agree wholeheartedly that Venture Bros is probably the best Adult Swim show, especially from a slightly more objective "quality over time" perspective, I would not look down on somebody throwing Orel's hat into the ring. It was short lived, killed off before it's time, but very impactful. So much so that we're still discussing it to this day despite it being dead and buried. It definitely resonated with people, and that counts for something.

>we're still discussing it to this day despite it being dead and buried.
Moral Orel was the only stop motion show in AS as far as I know.

You clearly don't watch a lot of Adult Swim then.

Robot Chicken? Frankenhole? Shivering Truth? Granted that last one was pretty recent, but still.

Attached: confused lucio.png (442x319, 349K)

>Robot Chicken
Yeah forget about that.

I personally miss titan maximum. It should have had a second season. Too bad robot chicken was more popular.

she was the nicest character in the show

She knew how to get Orel out of the shithole life his parents were dragging him into. Shame they rushed season 3 to finish the last episode.

Blame Mike Lazzo for that

Sounds like you dislike that it specifically targeted christianity for some reason. Which you use as a criticism.

Thing is it wouldn't gain anything from bring other Faiths besides Judaism (as the precursor to Christianity) because part of the discussion is personal repression. Which is more common in a less worldly place. A less open minded town.

IE a mostly monoreligious one.
Cause homogeny is stifling. Which is a great message that can be discussed in a whole lot of ways.

Which this show did.
Why does having a specific target for cultural criticism make the message fall flat?

What do you think would be better about also mocking Hinduism? Or Shamanism?

Is it cause christianity is white and you want non-whites mocked too ?

Attached: superthumb.jpg (300x250, 10K)

I've watched a few episodes and thought it was generic edgy poop atheist humor with a bunch of boring characters and no real funny lines or interesting plots. It was like if Seth Rogen made a claymation.

It's very good and you have good ta-
>Go straight to season 2 if you haven't seen it.
Fuck you.

Wasn't the Christianity thing because the show was parody of Davey And Goliath?

You didn't watch enough of it.