Heroes in Crisis #07 Storytime

Let's read it, Yea Forums

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.05M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-001.jpg (3974x3056, 2.04M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-003.jpg (3975x3056, 3.99M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1004K)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-005.jpg (1988x3056, 881K)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.1M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-007.jpg (1988x3056, 895K)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-008.jpg (1988x3056, 973K)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

Oh boy, storytime of pain.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

This page is too pretty for this comic.

oh no the leak was real

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Harley singing everything has gotten so old.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

It doesn't have a 25th century power source, it has a 31st century power source and I doubt that Ted would be able to modify it.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1008K)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.05M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.02M)

>character actually throws themselves onto the floor like a toddler

>hhhsalF

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.14M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-018.jpg (1988x3056, 768K)

I guess it was Mann's favourite page to draw.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-019.jpg (1988x3056, 951K)

Party isn't over....

The only good page in this whole book and it not only uses a different artist but feels like it doesn't even belong in the book. Like someone else just slid this page in there.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

Yeah. It's a fucking weird move though.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.09M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-022.jpg (1988x3056, 825K)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-023.jpg (1988x3056, 932K)

I really hate how King has demolished Booster. He even confirmed that Rip is active in this issue and Booster still acts like a total fuckup who doesn't know the first thing about time travel, even when he's not in front of other people.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-024.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-025.jpg (3974x3056, 1.3M)

This is stupid.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 007-026.jpg (1988x3056, 1.25M)

Incredibly so.

King, you can't be shot by bullets! You can be HIT by bullets! What editors on this book even do?

Smoke weed every day.

So other than Wally and Ivy being alive (the former we already hinted at) this issue was just pointless.

So is Wally just gonna commit suicide now?

He's going to introduce his new OC "Bullets" in he next issue. His superpower is guns.

Literally Bendis-tier dialogue.

That's a really good use of six panels at the bottom of the page there. Top-notch use of a visual medium.

I hate the new Batgirl mask

Well, it is Tom “I love Suicide and PSTD” King. So maybe.

I really don't like this being able to see her muscles like this and hope this goes away overtime.

fuck Jurgens, amirite

So that rumor about Ivy becoming new avatar of The Green is true? It's stupid but will lead to more appearances of technically nude Ivy...

you are not very good at anything, harley

>Ivy becoming new avatar of The Green
fuck off, I refuse this

>Just as I learned to accept Barry was gone, he came back
What the fuck? Wally was well adjusted over a decade before Barry came back
>My family got erased because of Barry
They didn't, Wally knows that the timeline change wasn't because of Barry, did king even read Rebirth #1? Did he forget about the whole Doctor Manhattan thing?
Can't wait for Wally to be the killer

And 52, and actual good character development.

This shitty page just made me miss Dixon Babs Oracle and Ted.

None of this dialogue is coherent, I guess at least with Barry talking fast it's not suppose to but what is the excuse of every other page?

It's like three issues in they told King that this was too serious and he just started forcing Bendis talk.
>expecting King to read old books
Come on, it's the same with Booster. Everyone in this comic is acting like they didn't spend ages being superheroes.

Ok user, it being 31st century technology is unknown to Barbara and ted. They assume it's 25th century technology because Booster is from the 25th century.

Wasn't she already one? She is listed as one in the DC wiki.

Well, at least it isn't as dumb as when they tried to push Beast Boy as an avatar of The Red by literally changing his skin colour.

King’s really into using like as a filler word in everyone’s sentences this issue, huh. Makes the shitty writing even harder to read. Don’t try to write “realistic” dialogue if you can’t make it readable.

As someone who doesn't keep up with everything, wtf happened? I feel like I missed an issue and yet I didn't

Fucking apologize for hitting Ted you psycho cunt.

>Smoke weed every day.

Attached: thanks kevin smith.jpg (1018x884, 272K)

Well at least her batshit fans will calm down now.

Wally brought Poison ivy back to life.

And how is he suddenly not dead?

I can be wrong but in New 52 Swamp Thing it was stated that elemental powers (Green, Red, Grey etc) usually choose only one avatar in a generation.

Time travel

>Month seven!
>I didn't think this would even take seven months. But here we are!
>Can't wait for month eight!

Then why is Barbara talking about the "25th century R3 power cogenerator" like she and Ted know what it is? Because the force field belt shouldn't look like any other 25th century tech they've ever dealt with so hey have absolutely no point of reference for naming it that.

I haven't anticipated a comic so much since Ms America ended.

>Did he forget about the whole Doctor Manhattan thing?
Even with the Doctor Manhattan retcon it could only happened because Barry left the world in flux by attempting to change the timeline to make a "stronger" world like Pandora asked, which allowed external interference. So, it all comes down to him trusting an unknown voice for no reason even if that voice wasn't actually the one that messed things up.

I'm guessing that will be further mentioned upon in some follow up issue.

I do dislike how the art is not consistent, did they pause and let the hairstylist redo her hair in between panels?

So why isn't Wally reviving everyone else too? Unless that already happened off-panel/later issues, it'd be pretty stupid for him to not do it.

Attached: 1444253675653.jpg (374x347, 39K)

They just said it, the body found was from 5 days in the future and they're in that fifth day, so he should still be alive.

But in Rebirth #1 Barry says it's his fault and Wally literally says it wasn't, it was someone else (Manhattan)

Because there's zero frame of reference to 31st century technology so as far they know it's 25th century technology.
>Then why is Barbara talking about the "25th century R3 power cogenerator" like she and Ted know what it is?
Because they're geniuses and this is a comic book.

It was mentioned in the last 2 issues and in this one

>Did he forget about the whole Doctor Manhattan thing?
Everyone should

Can't wait for King to not explain how Wally is able to time travel, even though the event that broke time travel was what landed him in Sanctuary in the first place

What event?

I really liked the part of the issue where the scene on the cover takes place. Seeing Superman get involved and bring an end to the conflict between Harley and Booster was a great moment.

fair point actually

Variant cover by Ryan Sook.

Attached: 1808689_xl.jpg (900x1383, 245K)

>She saw her love.
>Covered in blood
So what's going to happen to Harley and Ivy now? I'm kinda worried that this could damage their relationship.

Wally ran so fast that he broke the speed force's ability to affect time(and also proved to be the fastest flash).

It's Tom King. What would you expect?

What relationship?

I’m still surprised that this gets worse every issue

Harley is living fanservice

Yea, this is horrible. Thanks, OP.

huh...

So with two issues left we don't know shit about killer. Even if it's Wally why would he send Lois all of those tapes? Or even have it in the first place? What a great story, Tom.

It's obviously Hunter Zolomon.

But Hunter is killing multiversal Flashes right now. Why would he bother with killing anybody but Wally?

I stopped reading Injustice 2 due to that annoying culture gutter bitch

Hunter is not even on Earth 0. And that would be ridiculous. He wasn't mentioned even once on this story, but he have a great part on it?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

>I am I. I'm telling you.

No one in the fucking world talks like this.

Read Flash book.

Oh yeah.

That means he shouldn't be able to regrow Ivy either. Since he's using the time aspect of the Speed Force to speed up her regrowth there.

Linda isn't gone, though. She just doesn't remember him. Not the first time something like this has happened, either.

ew, no.

Yeah, it's bad. But it shows that Hunter is on a multiverse travel

God I hope not
There’s only ONE avatar. Swamp Thing

>Well, at least it isn't as dumb as when they tried to push Beast Boy as an avatar of The Red by literally changing his skin colour.
THats not what they were doing, but okay.

Damn what an interesting way to use comics as a visual story telling medium

If I was written by King like this I'd commit suicide.

How the fuck does that work?

Speed force+the green=resurrection.

The thumbnail made it seem like Superman had a mustache. That's the only reason I came into this thread. I don't even know what's happening in this event.

Actually it's already established that Wally could revive people that way

Can we have Booster Gold book by Jurgens after this shitshow ends? I just can't think of any positive outcomes.

This is just too much handwavy bullshit for my taste. They're essentially saying that as long as you have a Flash around then death means nothing

>Can we have Booster Gold book by Jurgens
Why, do you have trouble sleeping at night?

>This is just too much handwavy bullshit for my taste.
Well it is the speed force.

im literally crying,this have to be one of the most beautiful issues ever,when ivy revives,that page OMG!!!

Nah just Wally(for now), he's literally the best flash and I believe can do all the unique abilities other flashes should have. Stealing and giving speed to people is something iirc only he can do.

>Batman thinks the Flash isn't faster than fucking radio waves
A funny gag, but still stupid

Why does Wally have a kid named "Jai"?

could he spend like a page or two going over the bodies and telling ho's dead and maybe how they remotely got there?
or is it just Roy, Gnarrk, Protector and Aquaqueerfina

I unironically agree shitposter
Striking to say the least.

what Lantern got hurt?@

Its pronounced the same as "Jay". Iirc, he's named in honour of Jay Garrick.

I forgot, which Green Lantern was killed? I don't think there was even one mention of Lanterns except that panel.

That's fucking weird, especially considering they haven't really killed Ivy in this series by showing her dead body.

Is this DC absolving Ivy of her past sins via death, sort of like with Vegeta in the Buu arc?

Wally's kids were always fucking dumb. I don't get why people care so much about them when he would have been better off as a character without them.

I am starting to think that this Sanctuary place might not be an effective form of therapy.

the speed force causing faster regeneration/accelerated growth has always been a separate thing from time travel

Ah, I've been pronouncing it like Chai tea, rhyming with "eye."

They literally did show her dead body though. There was even a small controversy over it

You mean the cover that didn't get used? Covers are all lies, so they don't count.

Attached: Villains Win cover.jpg (517x800, 271K)

he wife was Asian.
There were stupid, but getting rid of them after they've already been added just makes things worse. Like how One More Day didn't make Peter Parker seem like a fun single guy in his early 20s again, but just this pathetic broke loser who living in his "mom's" basement long past the age that's appropriate.

Radio waves are literally light. I know speedforce shenanigans but he SHOULDN'T be faster.

Though, there would be latency as each radio transmitter across the world has to rebroadcast the transmission.

>Radio waves are literally light
That's not even close to true

based Brother eye shouldve stopped this
but really this entire concept of therapy could've been implemented by any other group of superes besides the big 3
if Mr Terrific, Cyborg, Martian Manhutner, Guy Garden who has kinda done theory with children before and maybe a female scientist or super smart cutie and they culd've run it like a legit mental healthy center, demonstrating how they could actual be helpful and maybe even promote mental health in a positive way for once while simultaneously selling tons of copies of comics and not killing fan favorite characters that doesn't get enough exposure as is, and when killed the lack of interest plummets almost guaranteeing the old material will never be reprinted
King wouldn't write that because it portrays minorities in a positive manner, in a leadership role and actually lessens trauma in the situation

It's a BAT radio

No one, it was most likely just something the artists added.

Honestly, what is the point in making a series that is partially about how heroes can still be heroes even if they need counseling and therapy if Sanctuary is such a scifi horrorshow? Is the lesson supposed to be that the Trinity who put this madhouse together are completely incompetent at this sort of thing?

Unfortunately I really doubt people are willing to pay money for a slice of life superhero comic in this day and age, no matter how much I'd like to see something like that.

Or maybe you're just not thinking critically. There's zero reason for them to know or even think the belt is actually 31st century technology.

>I'm kinda worried that this could damage their relationship.
What the fuck is wrong with you? That’s what you are worried about? I’m worried about your sanity.

They, or at leat Ted, should know what 25th tech look like due to Skeets and Booster's gauntlets. And the belt is as close to that as we are to the 16th century tech, so it should be easy to tell that it's not the same thing.

I don't get it. Is that Poison Ivy, if so why would he do that? Is that his dead wife, if so why would that happen? I don't understand what or why this is happening at all.

Even after catching up last issue this whole thing seems just like random events.

What I want to know is when did Ivy have seeds?

>so it should be easy to tell that it's not the same thing.
That's pure conjecture like there's zero way of knowing that.

>I don't understand what or why this is happening at all.
Maybe you're just dumb.

wait, the GL that died was Killowog? Again??
And what the fuck was he doing in Sanctuary to begin with? He's not a superhero, he's part of the GLC, if he needed therapy he'd gone to hang out with Mogo, like he did before.

Jesus user, it's not that hard to follow.

It's just a fucking variant cover, zero bearing on the story.

That's fair I guess. I suppose I'm not remembering the scene from previous issues when Ivy got exploded and pollinated/seeded the area with herself to come back to life like she's often done for years now.

Will it be used to dupe non-suspecting anons into reading this abomination ten years from now?

And yet, a GL died in the story, and to my knowledge, all the Earth GLs are accounted for in other stories after this.

So if this doesn't mean it really is Killowog, then who is it?

What's wrong with what I said? I might phrasing it wrong, and I know the book and story in itself it's shit but you can't deny this isn't going to affect characters involved in some way

If you were paying attention you realized she grew from a rose that she grew Harley.
But there's also a limit to the stupidity where you should recognize that's Poison Ivy and not Linda.

If this is King trying to be funny, I am not amused.

It's as if he trying to write some sort of Shakespearean play instead of a damn capeshit comic.

>And yet, a GL died in the story
No.

Attached: 1d5.gif (367x265, 560K)

No, I don't recall that. Thanks for reminding me.

>all the Earth GLs are accounted for in other stories after this.
Then it follows that a GL didn't die.

Does killing an evil(?) version of yourself count as suicide?

Under Superman's left arm.

Look, you could have told me that the variant covers are about deaths/injuries from the past, like Supes' death or Batman's spinal injury. So yeah, this doesn't mean it's Killowog, because the picture is from when Hal killed him. But a GL is dead and as far as I know, we still haven't found out who, or why a GL would be in Sanctuary rather than in Mogo for therapy.

Attached: RCO018.jpg (1041x1600, 537K)

Why were Wally's kids so hated in the first place?

Attached: yes.gif (320x240, 1.39M)

Is this current issue the biggest lie? Superman didn't even make an appearance.

>women smart, men dumb
Die, King.
Cease existing.

It's a small error on Clay mann's part.

Thats lagoon boy. The one who said neptunes beard a lot in young justice.
Hes atlantean, not alien.

Has that been stated officially? If so, I'll take it.

UNDER SUPERMAN'S LEFT ARM, BLOODIED GL LOGO RIGHT THERE

Under the other hand. There is a corps symbol.

Is Babs a sociopath?

Babs has been written horribly in this.

maybe King wanted to kill Kyle too at one point but DC told him no?

She's a tumblr Yass qween slay! character now. So yes.

Do they remember the fact that according to Simone's BoP they had Cyber sex once?

This must be a nightmare for the colourblind.

Trusting the suspect fucking Harley over Batman.

Does Batman really think Rip is gonna sell out his own dad?

Wasn't that Dixon's BoP? I don't remember Simone hooking up Babs with Ted.

Won't somebody pls think of the colour blind

This is cool who cares

and the emasculation of white male character in comics goes on
and people wonder why nobody still buys this crap

why are comics no longer allowed to have sexy chicks or even just not loser male characters nowadays?

>he doesn't think that's sexy
Fag

>my masculinity is so fragile that when Baatgirl punches a character who has never been explicitly or typically manly I feel my weewee shrink

Go outside, I'm begging you.

>imagine being colorblind
RIP

>Booster is Rip's dad

Uhhwhhaaa???

Fucking hilarious.

I'm not even colorblind and I'm having a pretty hard time with it at full size. I can see it in thumbnail easily enough.

Yeah, but that's from when Booster was doing the Time Protector thing and was the greatest hero ever pretending to be a moron to avoid suspicion.

Now he's just actually a moron.

Oh and I don't think Booster knows. Rip does, and it's his greatest secret, because if anyone knew they could kill Booster before he had him.

UNPROMPTED VIOLENCE AGAINST YOUR COWORKERS.

Can you read? He said left arm and there’s a clearly visible lantern logo

This. I don’t give a shit about the comic itself, I just like watching people come here to fling shit at each other.

The only appeal of this comic book is sexy characters

thank god Kyle and Guy are confirmed alive ad aways from this BS

Still waiting for proof that it was just an artist's mistake as said. Looked a bit into it and couldn't find anything.

Hal is obviously around, so are Guy and Kyle, John is in JL, Jessica is in Odyssey... I think Baz is somewhere but I can't remember.
Where's Baz?

Because they weren't just background material and it felt like they were ruining his return. They aged them up and immediately had them as Wally's side-kicks, also using their power fluctuations as an excuse to add more angst to the book.

Guess its because she is a plant. Like plants can regrow out of parts.

Nice ass

Kinda want a Harley/Booster team up now.

Does Batman really think Rip is gonna sell out his own dad?

>mfw I'm reading this pile of shit

Attached: fuck.png (850x442, 672K)

When did Ivy die in first place?

TOM KING WAS NEVER GOOD LOOK WHAT YOU SHEEP HAVE WROUGHT

Baz is still alive, he just hasn't been used a lot recently
Writers ruin a lot of interesting concepts by adding angst.
She was killed by the person who murdered everyone at Sanctuary. Who is most likely a future version of Wally

I too, wish I could punch women unconscious and laugh it off.

Truly Tom "I am very traumatized I swear" Kang is a masterful storyteller. The Dostoevsky of the comic book industry, able to give life to incredible characters with profound dialogue and a top notch use of every characteristic of the medium.

Comic book writers nowadays are a truly talented bunch, they should be taken more seriously as intellectuals and creators.

Baz was in Drowned Earth at least, although he was fishified.

He named his son after Jay Garrick.

Guys, GUYS, I just don’t GET THIS. Is this supposed to be absolute filler from beginning to end? Why is there NO story at all? It’s maddening how empty it all is, how small 7 issues amount to. There’s not even the hint of tension, since the next two issues will be mostly 99% 9-pages of some hero mopping in front of the AI...

That's pretty much every King mini, to be honest. There are the characters, there's the setting, and the premise. Those three things always give you the idea that the comic will be really interesting, but what you easily get is King flaffling around with the story for issues and issues, then ending everything with the characters going "Welp, guess that is it". Nothing advances, nothing really happens. The story ends where it began. It all boils down to a neat idea that never took off.

The point is to kill off a bunch of characters, push Harley as a hero(which its failing at) and character assassinate Wally.

At this point its clear that DC wants to have a universe full of broken ineffective heroes who can't save anyone and make everything worse.

>At this point its clear that DC wants to have a universe full of broken ineffective heroes who can't save anyone and make everything worse.
I wanted the rest of DC fans to feel my pain as a Batmanfag, but not like this. NOT LIKE THIS!

7 issues in, and I still don't know what this book is supposed to be about.

King being self-indulgent with his misery and fendom fetishes, and Didio letting him get away with it.

Holy shit, did Wally keep his time reversal healing powers from Titans? If so does that mean he can still stop time as well?

when are people going to admit that Wally's run as the Flash was vastly better than anything Barry has had since they brought him back. barry was good in the 60's and 70's but that's b/c everyone was tripping balls, including the creative team.

looks like swamp thing

What a bitch

>Didio pushing it to go bigger
Fixed that for you

You've got interviews where it was clear King was just gonna have this be one of his ptsd wankfests with one or two murders (Ivy and Roy I bet, and Ivy was gonna be broight back in a short period of time) and Didio was the one that pushed for it being a big murder party event to get publicity

what's this from?

King admitted he wanted to kill more people, like Bunker, before being stopped by editorial.

>Honey
All suddenly every woman calls Harley "Honey"

Character death for shock value, character assassination and feeding King's trauma fetish

At the very fucking least I am happy that King acknowledged that Barry is the cause of the fuck up that killed Wally’s family.

He lost those powers in Titans but he still has them here. Either King ignored Abnett's writing or Wally lied to his team about not having those powers anymore.

This is retarded. For all they know Wally is dying right now and for no reason they aren’t telling more competent people like Barry who could save him. Yeah I know, Barry is the competent one in this situation.

So is the theory of one being pre and one being post flashpoint Wally correct?

Wally gonna get killed by the hologram wally. Also wally can split into more like the tv flash.

Wally had the ability to bring dead people back to life in Titans. If that is still possible than everyone should be able to come back.

As someone last thread theorized, it split Wally into a pre and post form. One that is the fastest man alive and one that has timestop and time reversal powers.

He didn't bring Dick back to life, per se, just accidentally reversed time enough to stop Dick from dying.

Basically all of King's writing of Wally so far is that everything he ever said or did since he came back was him lying to himself and everyone else. Like how he "always" remembered his kids but pretended not to earlier.

It'd be okay for the universe to state that it's the case. It is really, really wrong to have Wally blaming Barry for what happened, though. That's one of the first things they nipped in the bud when they brought Wally back. Otherwise you force Wally to hate Barry for killing not just Wally's family, but Barry's family as well (though Bart somehow fucking survived).

Attached: Screenshot (965).png (308x482, 258K)

No, he later said he was the one who didn't want to kill Bunker.

The story is about how Harley is amazing, Booster is a fuckup who needs a leash, and Wally is a suicidal/murderous monster broken by the tragedy of losing his family. That's it. The most important thing, though, is that Harley is the goodest of good guys now.

Baz showed up in that Aquaman/JL crossover which was after HiC.

Then again, Gnark showed up at Roy's funeral and he's fucking dead so who knows.

All Flashes can do that in the comics.

But which one is the killer and how did Wally get split in the first place?

Nope.

Wrong, Wally openly tells Barry that it was Dr. Manhattan's meddling that caused the timeline to fuck up

If his body is 5 days older than it should be at that point, then in theory, the corpse is from 5 days in the future, and present day Wally killed his future self. Whatever the motivation or reason one way or another, P+5 Wally wound up in the present, dead, most likely because his present self killed him. For all we know, there may have been a timeline when he killed everyone, and was on the run for 5 days before going back in time to try to stop himself, either intentionally or unintentionally getting killed when he did.

>At this point its clear that DC wants to have a universe full of broken ineffective heroes who can't save anyone and make everything worse.
they want to create the marvel universe, but in DC.

>ho has never been explicitly or typically manly
pretty much the opposite even, theres a reason nite owl is the impotent one after all

well, i mean, theyre electromagnetic radiation, they travel at the speed of light, theyre barely longer than infrared light. walks like a duck, talks like a duck buddy

a knight, not an avatar

Honestly the worst thing about Rebirth is that they shoehorned in the Watchmen and Dr M to absolve Barry and Johns of fucking ruining the Flash line of comics. Best thing anyone could do is just ignore that and go about as if it was non-canon

nice try Satan

badge when?

Marvel heroes are broken and do make things worse but they usually manage to save people when things get desperate.

In the current D.C. universe, the heroes will be too traumatized to save anyone.

Who thought that combining time travel with a murder mystery(especially one that should have never been written)was a good idea?

The only way this works out is if time travel is used to prevent HiC from ever happening.

I don't know if the Watchmen were included to justify Barry but Johns has been getting a free pass for some of his sketchier writing choices for years.

this. the fact that clark/lois shared the videos is ridiculous and would create a massive backlash against them in the hero community. the claim that it would have gone to someone else anyway doesnt absolve them from slapping their names on it and not trying to find out who did instead

Sorry man, it just feels like Rebirth didn’t need the Watchmen, it being Barry’s fault for selfishly creating Flashpoint was great.

>godly trips replying to satanic trips

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1883, 2.03M)

>I don't know if the Watchmen were included to justify Barry
Not only is Geoff Johns blaming the New 52 being horrible - because the older fans disliked the idea of reboot and DC managed to shoo all the new fans gained with their terrible editorial management - on Watchmen's influence, but he's also blaming DC decades old pursuit of edgy narratives and tone on Watchmen as well. Despite him being responsible for most of that edge - Infinite Crisis, Blackest Night, Flashpoint, and so on.

He's basically trying to wash away his image as the edgy comic book writer by presenting himself as the savior of DC who's all about the good ol' fun when the heroes were fun and the stories nice. The fact that people bought his marketing shows that comic book readers are fucking dumb as shit and will eat any shit as long they feel pandered to.

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 006-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

How many times must batman bumble with technology before being told to fuck off with trying to use it to help other heroes/the world as a whole?

why is Poison Ivy in a Bat-Girl costume?

Don't be a faggot.

If Babs doesn't want Harley to stab Booster, why does she take out his forcefield in the middle of Harley trying to stab Booster?

There has always been a weird disconnect between how a lot of fans view Johns and his body of work.

Fans say he'll save D.C. and make it fun again but he's written a bunch of edgy garbage.

>Enough!
I agree, Clark

Who the fuck knows. She just comes so nonchalant about everything that it feels as if she was a sociopath. But that's something that King's waifus are known for. Kalisto in Omega Men, Big Barda in Mister Miracle, Catwoman in Batman. They all come off as being indifferent about violence and death as if they were utterly bored about everything that's happening around then.

If the New 52 sucks, that's in large part because of him. He wrote Flashpoint, he wrote the Justice League book that was the flagship titled of the reboot and set up all the important events.
But this isn't even anything new. Remember Infinite Crisis? How Johns used Superboy Prime as the one responsible for all the edge in the post-CoIE universe because it was Prime that punched the reality nexus retconning all the crappy events in?

New 52 had some interesting ideas that had the most awful execution possible.A lot of people are to blame for that, not just Johns.

Johns started the trend of killing Titans for shock value and ruined the YJ cast, but people ignore that fact and place all the blame on Lobdell(who did everything wrong).

As for SBP he's nothing but a meme plot device and annoying character.

>As for SBP he's nothing but a meme plot device and annoying character.
Yeah, but originally Superboy Prime was a happy-go-lucky kid that loved Superman and helped save the multiverse. Johns literally rewrote the character to be an angsty mass murderer.

Fuck, Johns rewrote Barry Allen to be an angsty reclusive who's obsessed in clearing his father's name and catching his mother's killer. Before Flash: Rebirth Barry's parents had never died, Barry didn't have a tragic backstory, he was a forensic scientist because he loved science, and generally lived a comfy life. It was gained super-speed powers that made his life crazy, but also exciting. Johns rewrote the character's past to have his mother killed, his father in prison, and him a reclusive that dedicated every-waking moment of his life to clear his father's name, having no friends or girlfriend, and with Iris only facing Barry out of pity after she tried to use him to get scopes.

Let's make our own Heroes in Crisis """therapy""" pages.

You wanna know what's fucked up? Every DC character Johns has written he retconned their past to add some tragic backstory and/or make them more edgy. Superboy, Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Shazam, Superboy Prime, Barry Allen, and so on.

A lot of the writers at D.C. forget that not every character should be an edgy and try to redeem characters who shouldn't be(while ignoring the characters who deserve a shot at redemption).

Thanks to Johns, Superboy Prime became edgy Super Bitch Whines and Barry screwed over Wally indirectly.

Fuck off casual nobody used that as a complete magic asspull until less than ten years ago. It's gone past "the reason friction and speed don't kill anything near flash" to "voila! Magic!!"

Jean Grey turning the AI gay

I think Baz still has not appeared in anything in the last 5 months

>pencillers mistake
>which is why it was inked and colored correctly

Nigga...

>I'm Mr. Terrific.
>Yeah. Terrific.
>...It says "Fair Play" here. [pointing at sleeve]
>But nobody's ever asked me what it means.
>[silence, reuse panel]
>When I was a kid, my brother used to beat me. Bad. Real Bad.
>It was always when I caught him cheating at a game.
>So much for "Fair Play".

>super sons
>and their random black friend

She's an attractive woman, so yes.

>If the New 52 sucks, that's in large part because of him. He wrote Flashpoint, he wrote the Justice League book that was the flagship titled of the reboot and set up all the important events.

New 52 was a Jim Lee and Didio idea.

Johns went on board with it, because he is very bad on saying no. He is not a boss type and brightst day failed on sales

Now Johns putting blame on watchmen characters was dumb as hell and a bad excuse. it was editors and himself to blame

>like
>like
>like
>like
I fucking hate this dialogue, he sounds like a pseudo-intellectual pothead.

DUDE SPEED FORCE LOL.

Ok, fine, this was a good page.
I wish it wasn't in a terrible book.

FUCK YOU
How does this event manage to get MORE trash every fucking issue

Who cares?
Ivy is just Harley's wife these days, it's not like she'll be around doing anything interesting anyway.

made just for you Yea Forums

Attached: story time of pain.png (1988x949, 2.21M)

More like Harley's occasional fuck

"you know what we need to do? give the Flash fucking SPEED FORCE RESURECTION"

Literally is there FUCKING ANYTHING the Speed Force can't do?

Hasn't Ivy been able to grow out of plants for a while now? Speeding that shit up is pretty reasonable.

bring back wallys family

Wally's love now?

what is it?

Linda is around but doesn't remember him.

How would bringing back the twins even work? Fans disliked them and the current editorial is more interested in killing off young characters than developing them.

That was Wally coping. He now accepts it was Barry’s fault.

So what is Wally’s plan exactly? It’s obvious he isn’t crazy and is making some type of master plan.

She doesn't grow out of plans just like that and she hasn't grow from something so small, it would be better from a seed at least

Where was Blue Beetle's glass jaw that makes him get knocked out in one punch in, y'know, ALL of his other adventures where that never happened?

This means all of this means nothing because Wally can bring people back to fucking life.

Shhh. Girls rule, boys drool, and King likes to be stepped on by his mom.

In Titans Wally died and came back without his healing powers. This Wally has his healing powers.

Uncanny.

This isn't a clue, just King ignoring canon.

The thumbnail made me think Superman had a really badass porn mustache.

>Make an event about a mystery killer
>Before the event is even over, before the killer is even revealed, start bringing its victims back
Fucking l o l

>Wally was well adjusted over a decade before Barry came back
Have you forgotten how time gets compressed in capeshit? Barry was probably dead like 3 years in comic book time

>Wally aged like 10 years and had kids that grew up to be in middle school in 3 years

Wally did nothing wrong. You know it, I know it.

Even Doomsday Clock which is about as bad as this at least revealed Manhattan in the same amount of issues

We already have Marvel for that, I thought DC stopped trying to copy them

>Harley doesn't listen to me when I tell her not to attack/kill Booster
>He isn't even hurting her back, just defending himself.
>I've already established non-violent dialogue with Ted, he seems to be reasonable.
>It's unnecessary for Harley and Booster to fight in order to fulfill our objective.
>OH GEEE, BETTER DISARM THE FORCEFIELD BY PUNCHING TED IN THE FUCKING FACE AND HOPE HARLEY WONT KILL THE GUY SHE'S TRYING TO KILL!!1 XD
WTF was her plan?!

Ted and Booster are fucking saints for being so chill after the way those cunts treated them.

>WTF was her plan?!
Feminism
Women strongk

I guess present Wally wants to kill evil Future Wally or Future Wally broken by guilt travelled back in time to prevent present Wally from becoming him.

Somehow liberal writers think we will like women if they write them all as crazy unlivable bitches.

>Literally is there FUCKING ANYTHING the Speed Force can't do?
Make this book good

Attached: 1549756300689.jpg (1200x348, 193K)

Calling it now that Wally and Ivy sparked some sort of romance while in Sanctuary together and decided to make a big superhero massacre a distraction to fake their deaths and fuck off somewhere far away from all this superhero nonsense. This way you not only piss off the Booster Gold-fags and the Wally fags with this book but also the Harley/Ivy shippers too.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

This would be so stupid and retarded I kind of want it to be true.

It was Dixon

Widening Gyre
Smith never finished writing it, and it features THE sluttiest Ivy ever officially drawn

Why would wally kill himself?

7 issues in and still can't make heads or tails outta this thing, and I thought it would be a long while before someone topped Civil War II as the most unnecessary pointless mini, and yet here we are.

poor booster keeps getting jumped by that rancid clown.

>titty muscles

>Batgirl betrays a fellow hero for a supervillain
>Calls supervillian "honey"
>Takes away a heroes defensive shield in the middle of him getting stabbed
Okay, King

Attached: excuseme.png (1280x988, 344K)

I GET IT, SHE SINGS! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Attached: bane.png (576x388, 228K)

>Every DC character Johns has written he retconned their past to add some tragic backstory and/or make them more edgy.
But it works. Just look at how popular One Piece and Naruto are, or fuck any other shonen. Ironically, MHA is the only shonen that is not doing this.

One of those Wally's is about to go back in time and die at Sanctuary. That was the point of the end of last issue saying Wally's body is "5 days older" than it should be. We're five days in the future.

what the fuck

Is Wally just Speed Jesus at this point? Snap his fingers, bring fuckers back to life because he feels like it?

Nah, Wallace can do the same thing. He can also make his costume out of Speed Force just like Wally. He's like Wally but young and black and better.

I will literally kill King if this happens. The line has to be towed somewhere.

Man Jay Garrick was as fast as the Speed of Light back in the golden age, dude. You're way too late to be assed about Flashes going that fast.

They weren't really that hated at the time. Most people just didn't care at the time. The hate is mostly in retrospect.

Part of the problem is they brought in Waid to do it, didn't let him do what he want, the artist hired for the series bailed on them part way through (only doing a minimum contractual page count for each issue) and everything went to shit.

There's actually a few issues where they're just great. I suggest everyone to read the Doom Patrol crossover they did. It was genuinely funny and wholesome in a Doom Patrol-y way.

so in post-rebirth based ted never flirted with babs and had a mutual crush on each other

fuck this shit

FUCK KING
FUCK DC
FUCK THIS BOOK

Attached: 1536241783947.jpg (287x250, 12K)

This was pretty obvious when their last big linewide change was literally "Hey, it's a bunch of Marvel heroes but in the DC universe instead! You should read these books instead of anything else!"

Good thing that shit bombed.

It's Tom King. The man made Big Barda of all people have no personality or agency. No need to worry about feminism with him

>I suggest everyone to read the Doom Patrol crossover they did. It was genuinely funny and wholesome in a Doom Patrol-y way.
Brave and the Bold (2007) #8

The parliament of trees are dead its the parliament of flowers now

Also it's not like it would stop whoever sent Lois the videos from sending it to another news outlet that would reveal more of the story. If Lois didn't go as far as to include their identities and certain details of the heroes' story, that doesn't really prevent another reporter to still get some attention by showing scenes Lois didn't include.

Attached: 1546712673918.jpg (719x719, 69K)

Yeah but DCU Rebirth was legitimately a great comic filled with all the stuff Johns promised. He at least was trying to deliver on his propaganda. But now we're getting this comic where literally Wally is calling himself the "Symbol of Hope" as he murders dozens of people and commits suicide from depression. It's so much narrative whiplash that the readerbase needs to get to a physician to make sure they haven't herniated a disc.

Lol Johns did not start the trend of killing Titans. He just followed it.

I dunno, man, I think they could fit in well with the Super Sons. That's a thing they're doing. Heck, Iris was originally slated to be on Damian's team before the New 52.

WE HAVE TWO ISSUES LEFT AND WE DON'T KNOW SHIT

KYS KING

I feel like this is going to end in sex.

The worst examples possible. Little kids like One Piece and Naruto became very stupid it was a silly thing improved and then it went to hell

Probably

>DCU Rebirth was legitimately a great comic
not really

Stop cucking Ivy

>Only thing that keeps Harley from killing Booster is his force shield
>Babs takes it out on purpose
>"No, Harlz, don't kill him"
What is this fucking level of shitty writing?

Underrated.

New Yea Forums banner?

I surely hope not. If anything, if something good must come out out of this shitfest, if something should be implemented from this story at all, it should be a new direction on the Harley/Ivy relationship, where they both are as permanent as Lois and Clark are as a couple.

I can't get over this fucking page

Attached: 1310668980635.png (679x427, 13K)

Gross. Booster don't do it, boi.

I can't get over this fucking page.
She didn't even apologize

Attached: 1310427861835.jpg (207x160, 10K)

No fuck this political bullshit this makes no fucking logical, rational OR EVEN EMOTIONAL sense what the fuck

I feel you, man. Hang in there, Wally. No matter what retarded shit Tom makes you to do I still care for you.

It's very possible though since traditionally after New52 it happens when a new character and Harley appear in the same pages

>7 of 9

heh

>Yass qween slay!

>Wally kills everyone
>leaves
>can't be survivors
>time-travel™
>kys himself from a near future
>dumps body in the present
>lives the next 5 days accepting his fate
At least that's what I'm getting from this fuck up of a plot, I guess

Super Sons would be a good place for the twins. Most fans seemed to have a problem with them being Wally's sidekicks so Super Sons would keep them away from him.

Just say it fucking it sucks you Fag.

This, all right

Right? He's just as tired of this bullshit as everyone else.

>We finally get Ted and Barbara on panel together again
>She sucker punches him because of reasons
Eat shit and die King.

He's been reading this comic.

>Harley's hammer can beat Brainiac 5's forcefield

Yeah, sure, why not?

I can't stand Hunter Zolomon any more, because it's become really obvious over the years that Geoff Johns actually believes Zolomon's stupid 'real heroes need tragedy' bullshit.

Geoff Johns IS Zoom.

this got a chuckle out of me

That's just Clay Mann drawing everyone like they're about a half second away from fucking.

speed force is wack. I hope shit gets weirder.

With the elephant shirt I'm thinking she could be Vixen's daughter or something

This was the best page of the book

If so I hope John Stewart's her husband.

>I dunno, man, I think they could fit in well with the Super Sons. That's a thing they're doing.

Was a thing they WERE doing. Thanks to Bendis's aging up Jon that's dead now unless Jon end up getting deaged soon. But yeah, I think allowing Dick and his friend's generation to have the Titans name exclusively, having Tim and friend's generation to be Young Justice. and expanding Damian's/Jon's generation to being Super-Kids or something would have been a great idea.

>Vixen's daughter
That actually sounds adorable

>Linda is around but doesn't remember him.
That Titan's story should have just ended with Linda keeping her memories and Wally and Linda back together and at least planning to rebuild their lives together. Maybe it would have stopped this derailment of Wally, maybe not.

And that got old with both of these series. They were all about comparing who had the most tragic background.

This Harley-wank is absolutely insufferable.

GL autist here. It can't be any of the Earth-based Lanterns since it looks like the unmodified uniform. Hal wears it, but he's fucked off into space. Odds are it's a literal who made just to get killed off.

Attached: TGL_1_2-669x1028.jpg (669x1028, 268K)

Yeah, this is the slowest fucking comic ever made, so I would be amazed if King could suddenly explain:
1. The how and why of Wally's time-travel murder scheme.
2. The how and why of the leak of the supposedly deleted super hero confession tapes.
3. Why Harley and Booster think the other did the murdering.

There have been no fucking clues or narrative movement except for Wally's body being older than it is for 7 issues, so how is King going to start now?

>all these replies
>no one points out that Ted replaced a battery with an operating system

but time travel for Speedsters was disabled just before this event

He got back to their Earth during the Force Quest arc. Even killed a bunch of Gorillas in Gorilla City.

why does this series keep giving us stuff to exploit

This feels like Wally is King and the readers are Ivy

Even worse, Babs doesn't even attempt to stop Harley when she tries to stake Booster in the face. Like, what the fuck? What if she hadn't had a change of heart at the last second?

Its almost like one of the main characters of the book has a fucking time machine, doesn't it?

Hmmm. I wonder who it could be? The time traveler from the 31st century who we know travels through time as a time cop? Surely not.

*25th century

What is the point of this and why are we still being subjected to it?

So when Batman KO'd Guy Gardner it's okay, but it's not okay when Bans does it with BB, who's whole thing in modern DC is that he isn't a brawler like most heroes? Kinda sexist.

Tragedies are more appealing than "I'm a milktoast guy who wears bowties and gosh darn it I'm always late from dates!"

Why don't they just assume his body is 5 days older than it should be as a result of all his time travel over the years?

not really

Awful. Can't believe I ever thought he could write.

I haven't read it in a bit but the few tragedies that are in one piece don't turn characters into giant emo faggots. If anything the thing about superheroes, at least the ones like superman and flash, should be letting those tragedies not define them and move past without turning into everyone into batman.

>the few tragedies that are in one piece
Literally the background of every one of the main characters, last I read it.

Yeah but the guy has a point. None of them are mopey faggots about it. The same goes for many in Naruto, besides some of the villains.
Heroes in Crisis has shat on that concept and now we have characters like fucking Wally being suicidal. If I told 10 year old me that shit, he would never believe it.
It'll only be a few years before we see characters like Alan Scott get depression and blow their brains out on screen.

Then Booster would be dead. I guess Babs was okay with that.

>It'll only be a few years before we see characters like Alan Scott get depression and blow their brains out on screen.
Well, we recently had Bad Timeline Hal Jorden do it, so maybe King will try it under the excuse of "pottery".

Bart already broke that "rule". That plot point only seemed to exist to make Wally depressed.

because its five days older from the time he died his dead body is his future body and the real one is still out there

>It'll only be a few years before we see characters like Alan Scott get depression and blow their brains out on screen.

The real tragedy is he doesn't have the will power to fully commit to it so he can't die because his body just heals itself.

Maybe so, but like I said, the GLs have Mogo for therapy. No GL would go to Sanctuary to hang out with robots when Mogo would do the same with constructs and in a natural paradise.

1. I think that future Wally went crazy and killed everyone. Then he felt guilty and went back in time to prevent his past self from going nuclear.

2. I'm confused about this one. It feels like the leaks were added to the story to add drama and create a red herring.

3.Harley saw Booster kill everyone and Booster saw Harley kill everyone.

That’s actually in character for Harley tho

>3.Harley saw Booster kill everyone and Booster saw Harley kill everyone.

Not the guy but why did they see each other? Did booster just see something red, and Harley see someone with exposed hair, and that's all it took for them to be fooled, because they're both fucking idiots?

>Let's read it, Yea Forums
Let's not and say we did.

Bait but I'll bite, when Batman k.o.ed him, was Kyle keeping a force field active to keep another person from being killed then stood back and then waited for the attacker to pussy out of the deathblow at the last minute

King never explained how or why they saw each other do the killing.

People assume that someone/something tricked them into thinking that the other one killed everybody or there are multiple timelines involved.

Batgod doesn't know this

Especially because the Booster he knows doesn't know this

Although like most of this mini, it's King proving he doesn't read comics. It was OK when it was contained in a mini-series that features characters which have mixed histories at best or that most people know in little to no detail, like Mister Miracle and Barda, but with the entire DC universe, Kings lack of knowledge is astounding and makes for a bad series.

This must be a colour for the nightmarebound

Linda is not gone. It was his own decision not to SpeedForce her memories back, like he did with Barry, Iris and the Titans. And that ex-Titan girl.

Manhattan only could do it because Barry caused Flashpoint. Barry served it up, Manhattan just spiked it.

this is still happening?

No it wasn't. He tried coming in contact with Linda to Speed Force her memories like he did the Titans, but it doesn't work on her. It only works on people who knew him as Kid Flash. Linda only knew him later on in life.

Ivy is literally OK with Harvey fucking other men.

Especially Joker, right?

men, not batman fetishists.

Isn't ted in love with barbara?
if so how does he feel right now?

So I guess King just didn't fucking read the Flash War event, which disabled speedsters from traveling through time.

Fucking lazy editors.

>Talking anything written by Palmiotti as canon

If we go that road then Starfire is a grade A retard

me too

>but it's not okay when Bans does it with BB, who's whole thing in modern DC is that he isn't a brawler like most heroes? Kinda sexist.

It's just bad writing. King wanted to incorporate Babs knocking out BB cause it kinda dials back to the JLI days, but lacked a story reason to do it. It's just stupid how much convolution has to happen for this little nugget.

-Ted has to fix futuristic shield
-He does so with the bug which is linked to his brain
-Apparently if Ted is knocked out, the bug loses power, which if they were flying means all occupants are dead.
-He has to reveal this little secret to Babs, the ally of the person trying to murder his friend
-Babs has to want to disable his shield for some reason despite neither BB or Booster being violent
-She knocks him out while Harley is trying to stab him
-She doesn't want Booster dead so why did she disable the shield
-Stupid dialogue some how justifies the fight coming to an end and them teaming up.

This power move just shows how incompetent Babs is or shitty King can be with logic.

>Yap... I'm Lobo.
>Ya computer bastich
[Reuse panel. Silence]
>Frag me
>This is harder than killin stuff ya know ?
>Only thing I ever liked talkin to is...
[Reuse panel. Silence]
>ALRIGHT, frag it Dolphins!
[Puts head in hands]
>I ... I like... Dolphins
>Dolphins don't judge yer sins

>Hunter Zolomon. Zoom.
>Just Zoom. Not a Professor.
>When I became tttttthhhhhiiiiis...
>Sorry. It just happenssss.
>When this happened to me, I saw my police file. All torn down.
>And the letters, like, the letters from my name. They MADE the word. Zoooooommmmm.
>[silence, repeat panel, Zoom vibrates]
>I just never noticed that. About my name, you know. Zolomon. Zoom.
>[silence, Hunter tries to make a "Z" gesture with his hands]
>It just makes a man ttthhhhhink.
>Has it always been my destiny?

>Was a thing they WERE doing.
It's part of the new imprint.

H-hot.

Was there any case of Ivy being jealous of Harley's fucking around in the current canon?

>I'm the Anti Monitor
[Dude is so huge only a section on his torso is on panel. Repeat panel for 8/9 panels]
>Not like someone's "Aunty" you know
>Anti as in antithesis
>There's my counter part... My brother
>The Monitor
>He watches creation and I keep trying to destroy it... And make him watch...
>Just like normal brothers... Always wanting to break each other's toys we can't have
[Panel switches to face view]
>THE MULTIVERSE SHALL DIE, I WILL WATCH IT ALL FALL I AM THE ANTI-MONITOR AND NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME
[if you look closely enough you can see a teeny teardrop in the corner of his ...eye...? Bravo, Mann]

You are implying that King would know that or care about that obvious fact.

Good God this shit just get's worse with each new issue.

Attached: I strongly feel that this is an insult to life itself.jpg (600x325, 24K)

I'm really, really starting to believe Johns is deliberately delaying Doomsday Clock to see how Heroes in Crisis ends to modify it.

I guess it's the explanation as to why noone has thrown her out the window yet.

This is definitely a nightmare for the colorblind

I just can't understand what she was trying to accomplish here?
Why would she want the shield broken?

Because Didio and King would prefer it that way

Look you contrarian little fuck, if you can't accept that the one shot was a well written character focus story then you're anidiot

What leaks???

>Johnstard is retarded and aggressive
every single time

to be fair, this is New52 Booster, as the vastly more experienced Old Booster became the new Waverider

So him being utterly incompetent might be somehow comprehensible. Not the whole wedding gift bullshit, though

Harley and Booster are gonna go back in time and try stop the massacre, but will get split up.

Harley will spot the past Wally first and knock him out with her Mallet, as shown in #3. Past booster will see this and think Harley is the killer.
Booster will spot the future Wally and kill him. Past Harley will see this and think Booster is the killer.

>Anti-Rebirth brainlet incapable of making arguments
every single time

utterly stupid but believable