Gunnerkrigg Court

Chapter 70: Page 35

>Vaporized.

Attached: 00002127.jpg (600x849, 226K)

technically not a punch

Well, at least this shit chapter is wrapping up.

I hope in the next update, the Annies confront their "friends" and burn them all.

I hope in the next update, the Annies confront their friends as the newest powercouple in Gunnerkrigg court.

This raises so many physics questions.

I hope in the next update they kiss and never confront their friends about it.

I hope in the next update, the Annies make a third Annie through their pure love.

Steam would make pressure which would push through the hole but that would assume that the room is airtight and the Annie's can survive in that.

Now, that would round this chapter off satisfactorily.

We get it annie, you vape.

>but that would assume that the room is airtight and the Annie's can survive in that
Exactly. The room isn't closed off the way they came and I do believe Annie still needs air to breathe.

Attached: gunnerkrig.png (600x849, 672K)

List them, I want to have a laugh at yet another college drop out thinking he's an engineer.

I am in fact an engineering college drop out! :D
But yeah, basically But also, going by the room we see behind the door and that there has to be at least a small staircase going up to that hatch, there should be more than enough space for the amount of steam we see in the room alone, but especially including the room after it.
Additionally, water doesn't just vaporize completely if you heat it long enough. As soon as the pressure in the room goes up it gets exponentially harder to turn the water into steam. Going by how Annie said she wasn't even able to heat up the whole room on her own earlier, I find it extremely questionable that they could heat up the water enough to blow it out of a pinhole in the bunker, let it fill up a SECOND room without it all condensing, then having enough pressure to blow open a steel hatch. Those are usually not sealed air tight, either.
All of that of course is beside the fact that if the Annies were to heat the entire room to the several hundred degrees necessary to produce this much pressure they would most definitely be dead. The might be immune to heat, but they still need to breathe and humans don't do well breathing superheated steam.

Shit taste.

Also, she needs to be pushed to be in orbit.

Yeah, Gunnerkrigg Court is full of silly mistakes.

that was amusingly stupid, as expected. See you next week buffoon, I hope you got more embarrassing posts like that in your sleeve

It's wednesday

It's not. Greetings from Australia.

Actually a pretty neat sequence I think.

It's magic fire.

ffs imaa learn how to write

How fast are you expecting me to be?
This is gonna take a while.

Not the user you're responding to, but what you just did is
>I have no argument so I'll name call
>I have no way to refute what you just said, so I shall troll

dude you are focing yourself to laugh at the "physics innacuracy" of a magic spell, then had to make line sof posts "explainig" how it doesnt' work, despite nothing said being an argument, just more "I'm a kid that say it doesn't work so it's wrong" and called it a day. If that's what your clown friends call arguments these days they better grow up fast, they won't survive another half decade.

You know, this chapter has done a really good job of subverting my expectations. I thought one of the Annies would end up running off crying and ultimately go to the forest, but I guess them teaming up and learning to like each other is also neat.

Annie's fire is magic and she can choose who it burns. What's in debate is if other things made hot with that fire have the same effect. Such as piping hot steam.

>forcing to laugh
There was no joke there, though. We're just discussing the comic.
What the hell crawled up your butt?

As fast as it takes.

>"why dont I have trouble interacting with others?" the post

WHERE IS ZIMMY? FUCK IT. I'M TRAVELING TO NEW YORK SIDDELL.

>and I do believe Annie still needs air to breathe.
She survives fine even when she's on fire.

Both annies combined should be sufficient to make a good hottub or sauna.

Yeah, Tom really needs to establish the limits, cause he's not super good on the actual physics.

I don't think air is a factor with how little time it took. I was thinking more how they were in a pressure cooker that's suddenly popped.

Remember that annie can project force through the ether. She can push a boat and her mom was able to float that way.

I doubt she has actually learned such fine control, but in theory she could use that ability to neutralize pressure too.

A more handwavy explanation is that she can ignore all thermodynamic effects caused by the magical fire if she chooses to.

So that thing's absolutely gonna reform outside, right? Unless being steamy is enough of a thing to kill it. Maybe Parley's gonna come back and do some Court Guard shit to take it down the right way, assuming it'll come back fast enough (and not show up later)

I think if anything's going to kill it, that should. Then again, I don't know if Tom would have the Annies killing things. Maybe it's just so scattered, it'll take a while to reform.

>If anything's gonna kill it that should.
Not sure. I think Parley or Eglamore probably have a better chance, with their proper magic. Sure, Annie's fire might be magical in nature, but so far it hasn't shown any magical properties outside from its effect on her and her effect on it. To everyone but Annie it seems to act just like any regular fire. Unlike for example Jeanne's sword, which has been shown to have an effect on the ether with Annie's cut and her being able to cut Smitty's strings. I don't think Annie can do stuff like that. At least it hasn't been established so far.

Should the Annie route in the trainer focus more on love or obedience?

ideally there'd be a love route and obedience route, with her taking the initiative to please in the former and enjoying doing as told in the latter.

If that's way too much work, I'd say obedience cause it's easier to write in-character. We've seen her be obedient, haven't seen her be in love.

Both regarding her father, of course.
She'll be a Daddy's Girl, that much I know, I just don't know yet what I'll mainly focus on.

I would still say obedience, with the occasional 'love' moment where she takes it on herself to give Daddy a treat.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I assume the main issue is that the steam pressure required to bust open a reinforced steel door would have crushed the Annies before affecting the door?

I'd say obedience would be better.

Yeah, it's been what I've been going with.
Not necessarily because it fits the character better, but mostly to have a motivation and aim for Tony that fits in with the canon of the comic.

No, not at all.
There are issues with the latch, like it being very unlikely that it is sealed airtight, meaning the expansion of the steam would have needed to happen extremely fast, which is pretty much impossible with that tiny hole Annie shot through the door.
I do think, however, if that room had been perfectly sealed, the pressure required to blow the lock wouldn't crush their lungs.
There are other issues that could keep the Annies from breathing, though, mainly the room being filled with super heated steam that would cook a normal human alive pretty much instantly. The temperature of this room would be like 500 to a thousand degrees Fahrenheit. And that's the entire room, and unlike an oven that heats air, water is an extremely good thermal conductor.

*hatch

>500 to 1000 degrees
That being said, I don't think that is intended as canon.
I think Tom is a bit wonky on the physics and underestimated the energy it takes to boil water, especially boil such a high amount of water under pressure. I don't think he thought too much about it and didn't know that gas/liquid mixtures in a sealed space reach an equilibrium that depends on the temparature and don't just expand indefinitely.
The Annies should probably not realistically be able to do this in canon.

Unironically the best thing that could happen to the character but the worst thing that could happen to the comic, the readers would leave en-mass.

plot twist: this actually does happen and its a smash hit, also all of imaa's artwork is canon now

underrated post

That would be the last thing I would want in the universe and I'm imaa.

>imma doesn't get what they want
EVERYONE WINS!

plot twist: you were Tom this whole time

Dr. Siddell and Mr. imaa

>To everyone but Annie it seems to act just like any regular fire.
She made the fire invisible to the laser cow IR sensors when they went camping.

She also gave ysengrin a fire aura.

Attached: 00001255.jpg (600x849, 207K)

Ah, my bad, then.
Thanks for looking it up. I wasn't 100% sure about that one.

This is all fucking creepy, I wish imaa never found this comic.

Sometimes I wish that, myself.

Where did Forest Annie's blue hair thing go?

Kat's route should be obedience too, and have love work in the opposite direction.

>love work in the opposite direction
What do you mean?

I hate this.

Nah, but her obedience should effect her love, or her sluttiness, or something. Being a BDSM freak.

like the more you love her, the more she comes out of her shell and reveals her secret kinkiness?

Attached: MYTHING.png (128x126, 34K)

lmao

Obviously.

That sounds sweet! Though that basically makes it one stat?

Only if love is the only way to increase her kinkiness. If there are other ways to increase it, then it's less simple.

Maybe between love and kinky items you buy her?

Well, maybe love unlocks her experimental side so she gets the items, but she can get obedient normally.

That'd make sense, if she was secretly into BDSM she'd probably be drawn into revealing that both by a pair of fuzzy handcuffs or by increased trust.

BDSM only an example though, there are other kinks she could have.

>fuzzy handcuffs
trash tier.

a cliche example, not my personal preference

hopefully you can use something more interesting

imaa you better have kat trained in slave positions