Confinement and General SCP thread of Yea Forums

Is Connor's hidden demon connected to a realized SCP or is it just a Mary Sue OC that Lord Bung is shafting into his show?

Attached: Confinement.jpg (474x266, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-4231
scp-wiki.net/scp-4004
scp-wiki.net/scp-4669
scp-wiki.net/scp-2721
scp-wiki.net/scp-4830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty sure the first one. Connor is an interesting character, he's a SCP but he's still a human, so he can interact with the human world, the SCP organization itself and the anomalies. It wouldn't have worked if he was just a foundation researcher or a D-class

>just a Mary Sue OC
literally half of all the SCPs are this, though

Giving Connor a proper backstory was always a mistake. His powers should have no explanation, or at least none that humans ( or other SCP's) can fathom.

One episode, a sword tells him he has a demon, in another, some researcher suggests something completely different.

Is he an SCP or an anomalous object?

>One episode, a sword tells him he has a demon, in another, some researcher suggests something completely different.
Did you stop to consider that this might be intentional on Lord Bung's part?

how is he a mary sue? he still gets killed constantly, he had no powers beyond coming back to life after getting maimed repeatedly. its not like the dumb lizard that has "muh adapt to everything" bullshit on top of maximum edgelord personality

his an scp when looked up on his files with the entire description redacted and from the looks of it his one of seven 231 offspring

Yikes!
scp-wiki.net/scp-4231
scp-wiki.net/scp-4004
scp-wiki.net/scp-4669
scp-wiki.net/scp-2721

Attached: crusader.jpg (800x702, 77K)

There really isnt such thing as a 'real' SCP. The wiki exists but the universe is larger than that one site, a shared idea, interpretable in any form. How can there be an OC for something like that?

>Is Connor's hidden demon connected to a realized SCP or is it just a Mary Sue OC that Lord Bung is shafting into his show?
Just saying, it's possible Bung has a article ready to post the week he uploads the final episode.

>TFW an SCP is too smart for you to understand
scp-wiki.net/scp-4830

>inb4 the SCP is the cartoon itself and there's distasteful remarks from the "real" versions of the doctors depicted placed in the addenda

Attached: 1553237906417.jpg (850x1123, 363K)

>sword tells him he has a demon
After Connor told him he wasn’t a demon, it demanded to know what demon was the source of his powers.

That'd actually be a pretty neat ending

>mary sue
Have you even seen Able's original story? Connor fits right in, oc or not he is an scp.

One of these is the doorknob, I know it somehow.

>scp thread

Attached: 1519390887857.gif (960x720, 1.86M)

>tfw fanbox content will never be translated

Attached: B3.png (1554x2180, 1.2M)

What if all the doctors/testers/scientists were all clones of one character ( with backup units in case body gets nuked). The clones develop different specializations and personalities, and the higher tier clones get better credits which they can use to buy things in facility.

Also it's comedy based and on their interactions in their society and objects/items

>the rainbow logo is real

Jesus fuck i thought someone on here made it to shitpost.

Attached: what hillary.png (280x422, 256K)

Wouldn't the foundation specifically outlaw this? They already prevent Dr. Bright from doing the same thing and he doesn't even want to.

There are a lot of things Dr Bright isn't allowed to do.

What language?

What if it was unrelated to scp and kind of its own self? Kinda what bung does but even more separated

Weird it doesnt show up for me ont he first and last link but does on the second and third

He's an SCP

Pretty sure they can't make clones of the staff. There's a ethic comitee that is as powerfull as the overcouncill itself.

>MEMETIC HAZARD WARNING: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT. PROCEED WITH CLASS 2 PRECAUTIONS.

Yikes! This faggot doesn't know what even is a memetic agent.

No user, "Memetic Hazard" is key for "Trigger Warning", the memetic agent triggers a PTSD anxiety attack

Attached: 1537417437695.png (1280x1738, 1.62M)

I'd argue anyone posting that sort of pozzed SCP shit is themselves a victim of a real-world memetic hazard.

I was writing a story for a memetic containment site where over the course of the story the main character realizes the containement squad they are in is all clones, they are actually all d-class, everyone on the site is a d-clone, and the entire site is actually a containment procedure for an anti memetic.

D-bois

Attached: d_bois_by_kayaqi_dcb9hhy-fullview.jpg (1024x2003, 270K)

You could argue that a true trigger (as in the makes you incapable of function kind) would be a low key cognitohazard. It's not too outlandish in the scp realm. But yeah, they're misusing the word memetic.

"Memetic Hazard" is also used as a synonym for cognitohazard in regards to objects. Although strictly speaking, under SCP terminology a graphic depiction of sexual assault designed to intentionally unsettle or provoke the viewer presumably could be classified as a non-anomalous cognitohazard.

Granted, I'm a huge fan of the Foundation being bureaucratic and byzantine as fuck in regards to structure and policy so the notion that they'd include a trigger warning on a report when two doors down some poor bastard is having to listen to some thing with the face of his kid list off why everyone he knows secretly despises him for hours on end is something I find amusing.

I think using the strict definition of memetic, a memetic hazard has to be self-replicating. Cognitohazard could easily apply to anything that reliably triggers PTSD, but memetic directly implies that it spreads itself.

I think it's more that a memetic hazard is capable of being replicated, not that it is replicating in and of itself. A BLIT, for example. Whereas "ghost that eats memories" would be a cognitohazard, but not a memetic agent, since there is only one ghost and they can't make more.

See I could enjoy the article if it was put in as a kinda tounge in cheek reference to HR or it was scp that really gave people trauma because “fuck knows why”, but it’s just this weird inculusion that’s kinda eaten into the site like this . I don’t hate trans people, but that’s in no way the “feed d the scp” would handle having a trans agent. They would more likely toss them into the gender swap machine, shove a shit ton of amnesiacs up their ass, and reassign them to another facility with a note in their file to keep them away from scp with gender restrictions.

Yeah, usually the memetic hazards force people to spread it, like a virus. That's why at least one SCP calls it a cognitovirus.

But you can't really spread sexual assault. I mean, I guess you can if you're a rapist. But then there are different issues involved.

fuck that, We need Dr Bright cartoon

Incorrect. Report back to training.

A cognitohazard is any object that activates it’s properties when it comes in contact with one of the senses. A clock that makes you older the longer you stare is a cognitohazard. 173 is not.

A memetic hazard is one that causes it self to spread by causing people to spread it. The glyph that causes people to write the glyph on paper when they see it is a memetic hazard. The fungus that spreads through the lungs and causes insanity isn’t.

A ghost that eats memory could be an anti memetic, depending on how it eats em.

SCP-2721 is obvious, but I'm too lazy to look at why the other three are Yikes Tier.

Again, I find black humor in the juxtaposition. Like someone making an HR report because one of their coworkers used "gay" as a negative resulting in everyone having to sit through sensitivity training on their day off, only to get killed by a containment breach. I really wish someone would do that intentionally. As for your last point, I'd imagine that it'd depend heavily on the Site directors, as they're repeatedly shown to have wide latitude in how they operate as long as it is within parameters.

Psychic powers used to create the false memories of a sexual assault or forcibly compel a person to rape another.

It'd only qualify as anti-memetic if it ate the memories of itself, otherwise it's just a cognitohazard. Also cognitohazard is something loose category, Shy Guy is a cognitohazard.

Qntm pushed a narrative that antimemetics could eat memes. So your self deleting meme is antimemetic, but shy guy would also be an antimemetic since he could cancel out memetic effects.

power levels ruined the SCP setting, way too many world ending threats and the foundations resources are for all intents and purposes unlimited.

The most common theory is that the demon that resides within Connor is an offspring of another SCP called the Scarlet King.

Another theory is that the demon within Connor IS the Scarlet King.

It's Nip. The guy who's translating them is going fast enough, but it's just annoying that the stuff behind a paywall probably isn't on his todo list.

Attached: r5.png (2400x1660, 1.28M)

I hope that isn't the case. Way too many writers on the site link shit back to the Scarlet King, Yab, or the Broken God.

>only to get killed by a containment breach
Of 230?

Now this is a fucking perfect gif. Is there more? An entire SCP parody of Doctor Dick couldn't possibly exist, right?