Refute this

Refute this.

Attached: grievous.png (3813x2328, 941K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-efsM2XQB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Power level fags

why is left Grievous Filoni and not Lucas when Lucas was to my knowledge responsible for most of those traits?

General grevious was the closest thing I had to a hero growing up. I never liked any other human characters and I always preferred super villains.

I have to say that I find Lucas Grievous and Filoni Grievous to be quite different.
Filoni Grievous is ugly and has muffled annunciation compared to Lucas Grievous.

It's the Boba Fett effect. You just thought he was cooler because he didn't have amy speaking lines, and so you built up this idea of a strong silent bad-ass. Then when the movie came out, he went down like a bitch, and the Clone Wars series had to limit his power levels in order to drag out the series for the full run of the show because X, Y, and Z characters can't die. They're the same character and if one sucks, the other does too.

Can't refute the objective truth.

>he went down like a bitch
Idk brah he had Obi on the ropes.

I mostly agree but Genndy Grievous did speak

grieve-tan > dat shit

At least filoni grevious even admitted his defeat at the gungans with the viewers thought with and I quote "YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!"

Only Grevious actually fought five Jedi (including two masters) head on and absolutely fucking stomped them in the show, whereas Boba Fett didn't do fuck all during his screen time.

Are you me?

Why does Gennedy Grevious hate jedi?

You can’t

Attached: Time to abandon ship.webm (1130x480, 1.03M)

Because Dooku, a Sith, was responsible for the events that caused him to nearly get killed and require the cyborg treatment.

>a half eaten donut with the donut hole inside it. what the fuck is that.

neato

Then why is he working with Dooku? Or was that not a thing when Genndy made his show?

Genndy Grievous is the only cannon Grievous in my mind. Motherfucker felt unstoppable in the show and gave a feeling of exhilaration as he hunted Jedi down. Bader was an intimidating menace, Grievous was instead an absolute monster.

The fantastic direction of his scenes did him wonders as well

Dooku made him think it was a Jedi who was responsible.

The jedi sided with the aggressors in a conflict with his planet
and they killed his alien waifu

>You just thought he was cooler because he didn't have amy speaking lines
u wot m8

They were rookies. The first he killed hadn't even cut his braid yet.

Ooooh okay, that makes sense.

Wasn't it more that his memories were altered during his reconstruction rather than Dooku simply lying to him?

two were padawans the rest were jedi masters

youtube.com/watch?v=z-efsM2XQB0

I just can't take him seriously in the CGI Clone Wars with this shit
>out of the way poo poo butt head

You mean the lurker hull ships?

IIRC Grevious was the commander of the Malevolence ship that destroyed many Republic ships in TCW. That's something

No he had speaking lines and gave the impression he wanted to fuck up Jedi then later he was made into a ill get you later kinda bad guy

mostly off-screen

One is canon, one isn't.

Attached: 1531539608057.jpg (640x640, 55K)

TLJ is also canon.

Shaggy and the other Cerean were paddies but
Ki-Adi Mundi
Shaak Ti
Aayla
And that Krunk sounding nigga I can never remember the name of

Were all full fledged niggas

The way Genndy Grievous would just pop down from off frame ceiling always made me kek

Your point being?

If I remember correctly Aayla wasn't promoted to master until after geonosis. But still a knight is a knight.

I never got why you would re-purpose him into a bumbling buffoon when a significant trait of his character design, his lightsaber collection directly implies he's quite a threat, ether through direct combat or through command of his droids. But outside of the mini series he isn't ether.
I guess you could say he just got lucky a few times and keeps them to appear intimidating, but that really makes him less compelling. Specially considering, even in the CG cartoons he will often step in to fight himself, giving a general notion of confidence in his own combat ability.

It's kind of the opposite really.
Instead of people getting hyped for him based on design and implied importance, the first time you hear about him he's ALL show. To an excessive extent. Which made it a hard act to follow.

>But outside of the mini series he isn't ether.
This is because Genndy had no idea what was going to be in episode 3 he just had the designs and a brief synopses so he animated based on that, meanwhile the movie version is what Lucas always intended of the character.

Grievous-tan is the best one.

fuck canon
us EUchads have KOTOR

KOTOR sucks.

What bugged me most about him in the TV series was how they constantly had him fail or become damaged in ways identical to what happens to him in episode 3, to a weird extent. Getting his hand cut off at the wrist or losing mobility till he has to start crawling around like a crab. He was disappointing in Episode 3 but you got the idea that part of the reason he was downed with such efficiency is because he was up against Obi-Wan, who is serious shit.
But no, apparently just about anyone with a bit of courage can chop him up.

His movie appearance isn't really that bad though. He is bested by one of the best. It's usually the TV series that starts to diminish his perceived competence for people.

Why was he chosen to be a joke villain in Clone Wars?
I just can't imagine seeing that design and thinking it fit the role.

who would refute this

Attached: pathetic-grevious.webm (960x540, 1.96M)

Every villian was a joke but Sidious. I'm starting to believe he only pulled off his scheme because everyone was incompetent

Originally he was going to kill Shaak Ti (it even exists as a deleted scene) and it's canon that he somehow kidnapped Palpatine so really his only crime in Revenge of the Sith is not being anime enough.

As a kid i was just happy to see something that could actually give Jedi (plural) trouble. Lore always said mandalorians could but we never got to see much of that, so it was satisfying seeing a non-force sensitive that was actually a threat in direct combat.
Maybe it was immature of me but seeing them revoke that immediately in the CG cartoon really stopped me from being able to get invested in the show and I dropped it pretty quick.

>This is because Genndy had no idea what was going to be in episode 3 he just had the designs and a brief synopses so he animated based on that, meanwhile the movie version is what Lucas always intended of the character.

Hi, george.

Attached: 1539240311199.png (3168x2348, 2.5M)

>You just thought he was cooler because he didn't have amy speaking lines

>"Jedi! You are surrounded. Your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now, for this is your final outcome. But, know that I, General Grievous, am not complete without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!"

>"Run, Jedi, run. You have only prolonged the inevitable."

>"Your training has served me well. It has awarded me many trophies."

>"And so it ends. A valiant effort, but as you can see, ultimately futille. Now Jedi, prepare yourself, for you are about to leave this world."

>half of it is "my guy is stronger"
How embarassing.

Attached: 1497733933123.jpg (599x453, 36K)

Greivous doesn’t work for the similar reasons the throne fmroom fight in TLJ doesn’t work.
He relies on the fact that Jedi just convieniently forget about the force existing for the duration of the fight.

Isnt that the case for ANY lightsaber duel though?

In revenge of the Sith, you see that two force users of equal ability can cancel each other out.
In ESB and RoTJ, you can see that if one person is much more capable with the force, there’s absolutely jack shit their opponent can do if they go all out.

Once someone even at knight level got over the initial surprise, grievous would be nothing more than a bouncing blob of metal since he has absolutely no way of defending himself against the force.

I dunno, Maul and his bro seemed like they mean business

I remember reading somewhere that in-universe one needed to concentrate to use the force, and that the more complex the task, the more concentrated you had to be.

The whole shtick with Grevious being so dangerous was explained to be that since he was such an intimidating opponent both visually and in combat, it would break less-experienced force-users' concentration, thus making them rely on purely melee combat. I thought this was a neat way to think about it, since you could tie in a lesson about your fears losing their power over you once you overcome them.

Or it could've just been a bunch of retconning to explain away why a non-force sensitive droid didn't immediately get his shit pushed in, literally.

I always assumed that grevious was
>too durable to be crushed by almost any jedy to due armor and internal organs replaced by machines
>claws too strong to be took off ground
>too strong willed to be mind controlled

Also his obsession on hunting down Jedi make me believe that he was modified, trained and brainwashed only to fight force users.

Why is Grievous the only cool SW character

What a fucking letdown it was when I saw the third prequel movie and he jobbed hard to Obiwan.

People tend to make the shittiest things canon when it comes to Star Wars.

By the time we see him in film he was already hurt from the battles in the clone wars

>Being this wrong
Clone wars is based on fights scenes. Genndy Grievous do acrobats and insane shit in those fights, while the movie Grievous doesn't do anything the whole movie.

My interpretation was always that he was so fast and his attacks were so rapid and unpredictable that he'd overload any force user or split their focus so much they couldn't concentrate. That's why he has four sabers, so he can attack so quickly and from as many different angles as possible. We also see in GenndyWars that he avoids force pushes simply by super jumping out of the way.

That's essentially how the ROTS novelization shows it. And it points out the reason they sent Kenobi to finish him was because Kenobi had mastered the defensive form so Grievous wouldn't be able to beat him as easily.