Just read Heroes in Crisis #7

Wally is alive and has brought Ivy back to life by growing her out of a rose with Speed Force antics (?). He's also definitely the killer.

Just prepping you for the storytime.

Attached: heroes-in-crisis-7-preview-cover.jpg (825x464, 66K)

That sounds dumb

el oh el

Prove it faglord

king wouldnt be this retarded would he

Sounds true too

This.

Sadly

Yea Forums is so easy to fool.

Because I'm feeling nice

Attached: told you.jpg (2268x4032, 1.8M)

Attached: 39085.jpg (430x596, 68K)

he he
Yeah, right

What the fuck is going on with Ivy? She has no skin!

rebirth is dead consider this a mercy

>Wally is alive and has brought Ivy back to life by growing her out of a rose with Speed Force antics

Look, I know Speed Force is an often blanket used excuse to explain anything, but how in the fuck? Speed Force doesn't magically control plant growth and Poison Ivy isn't a literal walking plant swamp thing style, she still has human blood and organs and shit.

King was tired of the Ivy fandom so he did quick rewrites

What the shit. Is that just an AI made version of Wally or some shit?

Now that Ivy is an Alraune, will she fuck Harley with her plant tentacles?

speed force clone

Attached: 1508543531419.jpg (540x522, 37K)

Can someone fill me in on Heroes in Crisis?

Attached: questioning.gif (266x318, 2.79M)

Well The Speed Force fucks with time. Fuck I don't know, this is all crap. And you're right, Ivy is a plant hybrid who wishes she was Swamp Thing.

I want to go back to the days when people didn't pretend Ivy was a hero and didn't make excuses for her shit. She's an eco-terrorists, and no amount of Harley-tier mental gymnastics is going to change that

Attached: Poison Ivy Doctor Pamela Isley.jpg (1236x1920, 703K)

God this event sucks.

That sounds like King.

I thought the Speed Force was broken and no one could use it?

I get fucking with time, though that's not true right now because Flash War cut off the Speed Force users from doing any time shit. But that doesn't explain how they could magically make a plant grow super fast. You can't Speed Force up all the fucking nitrogen in the soil it'd take a plant to grow.

Like, can Wally, from now on, just super grow every farm in the world and end world hunger because he can shoot lightning out of his fucking fingers? What the shit?

I wish King knew how to properly capture a character's voice. Everyone sounds the same written by him. Neither Ivy nor Wally should talk like that.

Attached: 1497029525943.jpg (1950x1030, 780K)

They can still use it, they just can't manipulate time/time travel right now.

but the speed force cant fuck with time anymore. it happened in the arc that landed wally in sanctuary

That's not something Wally can do. One of the most frequent tensions in Wally's stories is that he can't be in two places at once, no matter how hard he tries and how close he can get.

I know they made Godspeed do it but Godspeed sucks

>skinned ivy
MmmhmmMMM

Okay so basically King is waking off his PTSD meme again by making EVERY hero some depressed shit who needs therapy. So Batman makes Sanctuary, a completely AI controlled holodeck meant to record/delete sessions, and provide "therapy". It's all somehow tied to a poorly thought out whodunit in which a shit ton of heroes, mostly the Titans, are murdered, signs now pointing to Wally because Didio keeps wanting to paint him as a monster for missing his family and push Barry further into the spotlight. Oh, and those sessions we shouldn't have recorded to begin with? They got leaked, and Clark told Lois to just print a story to "get ahead of the narrative" and didn't consult anyone first because of muh sources protection or some dumb shit.

This is a plot that only works because of how fucking stupid everyone is written. Heroes needing to vent is a valid idea to explore, but not like this. Why the fuck would you put a retarded AI in charge of it?

Attached: Batman and The Flash Crime Solvers.jpg (1988x3056, 1023K)

>Speed Force doesn't magically control plant growth
Says who? Speed force is supposed to be like some Brahman like field of energy.

It’s a badly plotted murder mystery and it makes Yea Forums crytype.

Has King ever read a Wally comic? Does he know he doesn't sound like a 14 year old kid pretending to be edgy and mysterious?

I'm pretty sure Wally can do thr speed force clone.

Attached: speed_magic.jpg (589x399, 38K)

Well technically Speedsters cant time travel anymore since they "broke" it, but the Speed Force is still the energy that moves the multiverse forward/back. Regardless you still have a point, Wally shouldn't be able to do this at all.

>Batman made an AI

Again? He made a shitty AI that ruined everything AGAIN?

>One of the most frequent tensions in Wally's stories is that he can't be in two places at once, no matter how hard he tries and how close he can get.
wasnt there a story where he was on both the jl and the titans and he kept going back anf forth and literally saw himself on the other team?

I don't like everyone not trusting Booster over Harley. Why would they do that

>badly plotted
Identity crisis was badly plotted, this is not .

This entire event basically boils down to a mandated edgefest Didio keeps pushing, and a excuse to tear down Wally West since Johns brought him back

Motherfucker it doesn't control plants. That's not one of the things it does. It does a lot of bullshit but it's always been related to speed (and time, as a function of speed). You can't just shoot your speedjism on some plants and have them magically nourished.

this one was supposed to be based on diana's empathy

In stumbling over his words he admitted he wasn't sure if he killed everyone or not. Harley is adamant that she did not and even said so under compulsion from the lasso of truth.

I mean this comic is over all a stupid fucking mess but that part plays out fine. Why anyone ever trusted Harley at all in general is a better question, but in this specific instance King wrote it in why Harley's more believable than Booster right now.

So, did he murder everyone and Ivy was just mindcontrolling him or what?

I remember that issue, it was JL and JL Elite, and the entire point was that he had to pick a side because he couldn't be in both places at once. Both teams were getting onto him about not having his head in the game, wondering why he hadn't solved the problem already because, well, Wally was stupid powerful.

Godfuckingdammit can't they just let Wally be happy?

Would you say this is Cry for Justice tier bad?
Isn't this the same comic where Harley solo'ed The Trinity?

Attached: Black Canary is sick of this shit.jpg (1988x3056, 900K)

he's posted a few issues pre-Waid

Will the HIC thread hit bump limit faster than the Detective Comics 1000 thread?

That's a shame that he skipped the good ones, but even Loebs didn't write Wally like this addlepated, stuttering, aloof weirdo.

>Motherfucker it doesn't control plants
It sounds like it does.

I'm sure Brother EYE had a lot of checks and behavioral oversight processes, too. Bunch of idiots if they okayed this shit.

OP here.

Probably, also read 'Tec and almost all the stories were really fucking mediocre.

Canary is my waifu.

I don't think he's ever done that before. It was Bart's gimmick before Godspeed ripped Bart off while Williamson was pretending to be original.

Speaking of, how fucking sad is it that people can't get excited for issue 1000? Its a mix between King's shit, and Bendis setting the precedent that we're probably in for a long ad for Batman's next event instead of fun short stories. But I'm mostly being pessimistic here

It's the speed force and the green. These are two mystical forces at work here.

Worse or better than Action Comics 1000?

Mindwipe when

Attached: tumblr_pbv9e0iOxQ1qkchcvo1_640.jpg (600x904, 78K)

About the same. All the writers really feel like they're phoning it in.

Speed Force is more like a cosmological constant than weird magic tree spirits.

You read any of marvel’s?

>Isn't this the same comic where Harley solo'ed The Trinity?

Yes, if you count Wonder Woman just standing by doing absolutely nothing while Batman and Superman got topped on as being “solo’ed”.

I can believe it. The fact is the issue number guarantees sales, not content

>Rebirth #1 completely revitalizes DC
>DC ruins it instantly

Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four.

They were good, Zdarsky feels like he's starting to hit is stride with Daredevil now and it ends on a pretty good cliffhanger.

A few years from now, we will put HiC in the same box than IC, BftC and CfJ: the books that didn't happen and don't matter anymore, forever retconned.

But they had been buds with Booster for years and went through adventures and hardships with him. Harley was mass-murderer until recently

BFTC?

Usually, these kind of special issues are mediocrw as fuck. I don't know why people gets hyped for them.

>IC, BftC and CfJ
Obviously the last ome is Cry For Justice but the other two? Battle for the Cowl and Infinite Crisis?

People fucking love generic Batman stories. When you're putting out a special issue you expect everyone to buy, you have to make it as bog standard, safe for the masses as possible.

Because the novelty of what the issue is, number one thousand. That's it. They could put nearly anything in that book, and it'd still sell

DUDE
SPEEDFORCE
LMAO

At first they just wanted to keep him detained until they'd finished their investigation. The only one who was seriously considering that Booster did it was Barry, and he's both not particularly fond of Booster and a bit emotionally compromised at the moment. Most of them are still neutral but the fact that Booster is clearly confused and bungled trying to clear his name pretty badly isn't exactly helping.

Battle for the cowl. The book that is not neccesary anymore, because Dick was still Dickbats withput all that sitty story in which everyone and they mothere were way OOC.

>Rebirth #1 completely revitalizes DC
Rebirthfags are completely delusional.

Yeeep.No, shit, I mean, Identity Crisis, not zinfinity.

I mean I think those weird magic tree spirits are also a cosmological constant.

Nice.

Attached: 5BC2255B-F212-4D06-AF0C-AB18DA458AFE.jpg (1000x1000, 305K)

>a book so bad it was literally zapped out of my memory
HOW WAS DEATHSTROKE FASTER THAN THE FLASH
>DC finally beating Marvel after constantly losing for years
>not revitalized

It did revitalize the comic sales, the jury's still out on the quality of the comics

Are you just trying to be a company war faggot here?

Why would you ever want a happy superhero? Flash is the most popular it's been since the Silver Age and it's all about Barry being miserable. Misery sells.

>Story time
Do these even happen anymore. I haven’t seen one in close to a year.

Nah. Plants weren't a thing for a long time in the universe. Momentum/Speed has been there since the laws of nature coalesced out of the megahot soup though.

Cormac McCarthy is miserable, what you're complaining about is drama.

Marketshare, or at least relative sales, is pretty important to the company's success.

>stating a fact is trying to start a fight
Jesus, the user said it didn't revitalize DC when it pushed them into beating the company they've always been second to. Chill out

>being so upset at Rebirth you try to lie about how well it did
Sounds like you're the delusional one.

Misery is often the fallout of dramatic moments. I'm sure you can make interesting stories with permanently happy and optimistic characters but you gotta have some dark sometimes to make the light mean something. Wally was doing good, feeling good in Titans for awhile and Flash War and HiC is his downturn. After this he'll probably get some redemption arc and everything will be right for him again until the next bad thing happens.

I swear to god it's like you idiots have never read superhero comics before. Of course Wally's miserable, that's the next correct step in his arc after what happened. He'll be alright.

>HOW WAS DEATHSTROKE FASTER THAN THE FLASH
Let's not tell him about King's Everybody Loves Ivy.

So do you like check out every Wednesday? We don't cover everything like we used to, but they regularly happen

Yeah but that's like saying the New 52 revitalized DC when it did the same thing temporarily. DC tops Marvel when they do a relaunch, cools back down, and they'll probably do it again in the next few years to keep WB execs from shutting the comics wing down.

>I swear to god it's like you idiots have never read superhero comics before
It’s even worse if they have.

The green is just a universal frequency m8.

Attached: RCO011 (2).jpg (1280x1966, 1.08M)

Yeah but then nothing means everything if everything is the same thing. Speed Force can shoot out laser beams and kittens because it's all just vibrations and the Flashes are good at vibrating.

These things usually have defined spaces they operate in.

Why hasn’t DC or Marvel exported the art drawing to Japan/Korea/China/any other country with vastly lower wages?

They could save so much money and still keep their IP farms active. Plus it would take less sales to break even, and content would come out faster.

That's still not trying to start a company war and you know it

American writers will blacklist the shit out of you if you ice out all their artist friends. The company that doesn't do it will suddenly have all the good talent. I know quality isn't the largest concern with cape comics, but even they understand a baseline of expectation fans have for the majority of their comics.

I agree, I'm just a bitchy ass contrarian who jumps into arguments.

The speed force has always be ill defined and purposely vague, it's a meme that it is. But going off The Flash:Rebirth, Thawne did mention the speed force is like the sum of all knowledge so I feel like the ship has already sailed.

Well, it's connected to all time (and space, conversely) so I could see how you could USE it to gain any knowledge you wanted from any point in time. But I don't see how you can shoot lightning out of your hands and grow a plant person with it. Vague as it is sometimes, it was always pretty speedster specific.

Sacrifice the seemingly limit pool of creative talent in America for a vastly larger pool who will work for cheaper and longer than a westerner. I’m not seeing the downside here.

You lose the writers. Good writers are nearly impossible to come by, mediocre writers who want in the comics industry are hard to come by. You don't isolate all these folks and take a risk hoping american comics nerds will accept/like weeb art. Weeb art is cheap and quick because it's simpler and doesn't go through the absurd artistic grooming and QC process every big 2 comic goes through.

"Speed Force was a mistake."
- Mark Waid

I see it as accelerating the growing time.

Waid loves the Speed Force. He just hates that he named it the Speed Force on accident.

That's not really how plant growth works, though. You gotta have the material to grow into the plant. You can't just speed force up enough organic material to recreate an entire human being...I think.

Also I don't really get this. Can Wally make a localized, sped up timefield in his hands or something? I get he can control his own metabolism, but he's never, like, aged something up super fast before.

Oh, Barry can go fuck himself for all I care, but they could at least leave Wally to be happy.
This is all "wanting his kids back made him evil" bullshit. Right?

>That's not really how plant growth works, though. You gotta have the material to grow into the plant. You can't just speed force up enough organic material to recreate an entire human being...I think.
That's where the green comes in.
>Can Wally make a localized, sped up timefield in his hands or something? I get he can control his own metabolism, but he's never, like, aged something up super fast before.
Wally used to steal speed and make his costume out of the speed force.

Nah, I think wanting his kids back made Batman's computer fuck up. I'm pretty sure Wally's going to be the one to fix everything. King already said Wally was one of his favorite superheroes. This is just typical misdirection.

EXACTLY WHAT THE FLASH NEEDED: EVEN MORE POWERS.

I thought it was Greg Weisman.

Speed Steal is just removing someone's ability to move. That's different from accelerating time.

His clothes aren't a living, breathing person. The Speed Force just doesn't want anyone looking at Wally's junk because it's tsundere for him, so it throws some cosmic clothes on him.

This power has existed since the late 90s with Bart. Nothing new. Though this is the first time Wally's doing it.

Unless it's time travel, in which case Wally did that in Grant Morrison's run where he went back in time and pretended to be dead to convince himself in the past to do the same thing, so there were two Wallys at the same time at one point.

Good ol Grant.

I mean, she's done weird plant-y shit like this before

Attached: poison ivy vs zatanna.jpg (1280x368, 160K)

Well if he can steal speed then it follows he could lend it too.

>Speed Force... Ressurection??

uhh okay? At this point is their literally anything the Flash CAN'T do?

Beat Catwoman

Attached: catwoman-takes-down-3-flashes-rebirth-1-e1520496860214.jpg (1288x1980, 605K)

Yeah, he was lending speed before he ever stole it. But lending speed doesn't make someone age up/mature super fast/grow super fast. It just makes them capable of using super speed.

>But lending speed doesn't make someone age up/mature super fast/grow super fast.
The Reverse Flash did it.

>Heroes needing to vent is a valid idea to explore, but not like this.
Honestly when King first brought up the concept of Sanctuary I was legitimately excited for it. I was expecting an anthology series with each issue being about a different character going to Sanctuary or something similar.

Not fucking this.

Thawne can do that actually.

Yeah but Thawne's fucking weird and that was a one time thing as far as I can tell. Wally never could do that.

I think it's less that the good speedsters outright can't but that they wouldn't.

I believe RF only did it to himself. Just an extreme version of controlling your own metabolism, which all speedsters kind of sort of do (except the kids, which is why they always age super fast). I don't think they can control someone else's aging/metabolism.

Otherwise flashes could just go around deaging supervillains into harmless kids.

lol Wally wouldn't? Wally froze a dude as a statue with the intent to leave him there forever, staring at the person he hated most. Wally was cruel as fuck.

>Otherwise flashes could just go around deaging supervillains into harmless kids.
Honestly I kinda want that, Just the Flash having to deal with the lil' rogues? That sounds amazing.

>Dang it Leonard, stop pulling Lisa's hair!
>Roscoe I swear to god if you don't put those beyblades away...
>OH MY GOD AXEL WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE BATHROOM

>wait...where's Mick?
>OH GOD NO HE HAS MATCHES MICK PUT THOSE DOWN

I much prefer green skinned Ivy so.....there’s one good thing that comes out of this.

>Piper is just reading a book in his favorite corner, all well behaved like, with his pet mouse/rat in a pet tank next to him

>Digger is still a drunk

I don’t know if it’s autistic of me but I honestly hate the trope of “here’s a thing nobody has ever talked about before, let’s have it be the main focus of the first story it shows up in”. It’s the poorest form of worldbuilding you can possibly have

Eh, I feel like if he had introduced it a few months prior everyone would've been expecting it to get blown up anyhow. This had to be something set up a long time ago for tearing it down to be a big deal outside of the story.

Wasn't this the same issue that originally had the "sexy corpse" cover?

I want to know if King is still writing booster incorrectly, as nothing more than an incompetent time traveler and not as a developed character who uses a facade of being a petty fame chaser in order to more easily fight time traveling threats.

He's writing Booster how he originally showed up, as a stumbling time travelling doofus before he changed as a character.

The universe rebooted so Booster's character development got rolled back like plenty of things.

Original Post Crisis Booster leveled up to become Waverider in Convergence, Jurgens gave him an ending. This is a new one.

The worst part? Kingfags will defend this.

>That's not really how plant growth works, though
Is that the thing that bothers you? I'm sure if you picked apart every superpower you'd find that none of it makes any goddamn sense or follows an internal logic.

Jesus, Why did King write that?

Why do you have such a problem with it?

Same reason he had Catwoman beat Talia in a sword fight after saying that Catwoman had never used a sword before.

Because it was a retard thing to do

>oh no a peak human beat up another peak human
Also, Talia isn't even that good of a fighter. Comparing her feats to Catwoman's and you can quickly see that Catwoman would beat up talia.

Then why you reading superhero comics?

Because you're dumb

Genius at play in this thread.

Attached: 23466D87-4FA1-48BB-9A01-0DA55F4A67BF.jpg (400x533, 50K)

Silly snake you're not a flute.

Bait

How does everyone know (or assume) that Wally did it so early?
Was it leaked/spoiled beforehand?

Who wants to guess how many positive reviews will show up tomorrow?

Attached: HiC7 reviews.jpg (1160x855, 238K)

BRING BACK ROY YOU ASSHOLE

Attached: tumblr_pir9ecwcW81wvpvsso5_1280.gif (700x990, 1.06M)

>He's also definitely the killer.
Still pulling for Psycho Pirate.

Wally can be as much petty and crude as, say, Jason Todd. We saw, with Walter's version, and with Inertia's fate. But people often dismiss that trait of his character because he, usually, is a good natures guy, driven by love. Which is also why he can be so driven by hatred.

He woudln't kill right and left, mucb less innocent people, driven by pain though.

Why is Roy sitting next to Tim Drake?

Wally actually rewinded Dick's time alone i Titans in order to make him alive again it came as a new power i Rebirth's run of Titans, after he dies (again).

There's so much shit pointing to a Zoom though so

It's mean to be Jason before Red Hood. The fanartist likes the costume they gave him in the Under the Red Hood movie (which was Tim's OYL costume. A pretty good costume it was).

Hope so. She needs to make up for lost time

Is she wearing lettuce instead of clothes? Also someone please get King to therapy. BTW Are you scanbro?

>Now that Ivy is an Alraune, will she fuck Harley with her plant tentacles?
You say that like she hasn't already.

Attached: datenight.jpg (1748x660, 723K)

catfags are cancer.

She's not wearing anything.

Oh it's suppose to be the muscles, looks like lettuce.

>BTW Are you scanbro
No.

I live in New Zealand so comics are released a bit earlier than in the US.

The only thing about this ivy design I mind is you can see muscle outlines in her skin. Kind of kills some of her attractiveness for me. I'm hoping that's a temp thing that goes away as she more fully regrows.

>Godfuckingdammit can't they just let Wally be happy?

He's being punished for the crime of being so much better at everything than Barry.