What will it take for Western Animation to get better and be taken more seriously? I'm sick of 11 minute shorts...

What will it take for Western Animation to get better and be taken more seriously? I'm sick of 11 minute shorts. I'm sick of low effort comedy shows. Where are the serialized stories? The long-form storytelling? The animated shows that will stand the test of time? Does no one care about that anymore?

Attached: 1545177941556.png (600x441, 419K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xhrm196UQSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A miracle
Six feet under
See above
Your imagination. No, really.
Yes, but those people are not normies and jews.

We got to submit artistic and groundbreaking animated kinos to the Academy. When they win Oscars, people’s concept of animation will change. Pic related is one example that could be sent to the Oscars:
youtube.com/watch?v=Xhrm196UQSY

Attached: 35CDFD14-855F-4C41-A141-2D09FB628855.jpg (750x1117, 1.08M)

Only executives and producers tho, in which they don't

boy you're full of fucking shit and so is your bait

>Where are the serialized stories? The long-form storytelling?
You mean the literal shit that has been going on in the western world since 2010 when Adventure Time came?
11 minute episodes with no overarching story are the master race. Go watch a regular TV show if you want that other shit.

Animation has advantages over live-action.

They can’t. Japan has firmly carved out the more serious animation niche.

Here you go.

Attached: 919DA226-2251-4CEC-8EF9-87BFB9103C52.jpg (1024x576, 172K)

>I'm sick of 11 minute shorts. I'm sick of low effort comedy shows
Go for movies instead.

>Where are the serialized stories? The long-form storytelling?
To be honest, most cartoons turns into shit when they are prolongued too much, yes that includes japanese animation.

>The animated shows that will stand the test of time?
>What's Chuck Jones?
>What's Hanna Barbera T&J?
>What's MGM?
>What's old Disney?

>Does no one care about that anymore?
I do care, but I don't make shitty b8 threads like this one.

There needs to be a one hour cartoon drama one of these days. Would be really cool.

I wish you spent your days promoting stuff you liked rather than leaning back in your armchair spewing hot air.

>What's anomalisa?

Attached: anomalisa-charlie-kaufman-duke-johnson-blu-ray-D_NQ_NP_781936-MLM28324761056_102018-F.jpg (918x1200, 223K)

That looks like the Dota cartoon that I didn't know I wanted before.

Anime is a joke and I’m glad western animation is not like Moeland’s stuff

>regular TV show
Like early Regular Show?

like a tv show like game of thrones, better call saul, walking dead, etc.

Can you spare 2.5 million dollars an episode?

Max a gud boy

Hour long movie showing men's floppy cocks and women's wet pussies while talking about some pseudo bullshit about society while the art is in a highly aggravating stylized form

I don't get this judging animation only by shows rather than the superior feature-length movies. Is this a weeb thing?
>western
I guess that's a yes.

Why is Max such a little shit?

(OP)
Make two three hour long Disney-tier animated films about the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars. A-list voice-cast. Mega budget. The works. Or failing that, pic related. Might even be better tbqh.

Attached: Hong Xiu-Quan and his Taiping Rebels, Taiping Rebellion.jpg (2508x1328, 583K)

Or you know, you could watch movies that aren't Disney-like.

Attached: congress.webm (1920x1080, 2.25M)

We have those cartoons. Just don't look for them on Nick or CN

>Eastern animation: Onichan smell my farts uguuu~~~
>Western animation: Time to learn about the gender spectrum and white privilege
The animation medium was a mistake

Attached: 1021453.jpg (640x480, 30K)

11 minute shorts are the peak audiovisual medium

>only 2 countries make animation
>narrow stereotypes accurately represent all of reality
You were a mistake.

Attached: 1489124031913.jpg (760x570, 163K)

>Netflix doesn't exist
Don't expect quality content from a dying medium.

>netflix
>quality

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

>What will it take for Western Animation to get better and be taken more seriously?
The live action industry needs to die. That is it.

a miracle

I don't get why America doesn't produce more animated adaptations of comics like Japan does with anime.

Do comic book writers just hate cartoons or something.

In the US the dominant comics are DC and Marvel. They get animated adaptations and movies. Most of the US cartoons started out comics/adaptations of video games, but slowly moved to original content over the years and that is what is dominant.

seething

You are high as kite if you think tv western animation is ever going to get better. If anything, tv western animation is going to get worst with how they are using cal arts style to save money.

>Where are the serialized stories? The long-form storytelling? The animated shows that will stand the test of time?
It's there with stuff like Venture Bros, but it takes 3 years between seasons. It's not ideal for television production, where you have to choose between quantity or quality

Attached: b732cec207be2df99066dcab53c89b2c.jpg (772x1024, 228K)

>What will it take for Western Animation to get better and be taken more seriously?
First, kill broadcast TV entirely, it's a dying industry, and it's dragging everything else down with it. Secondly, you'd pretty much need to fire everyone currently working in Hollywood and replace them with people who aren't circle jerking ideologues. These two issues are the cause of all the symptoms I've seen anons here bitching about.

>broadcast TV is a dying industry
Literal brainlet post.

>my industry is doing fine!
t. tv executive

>Western Animation
Quit being a weeb and call it Cartoon like a normal human being

This