Snyder hate thread

I still can believe that zack snyder actually try to defend bat of murder, I don't give a crap about the no-kill rule, I always consider it silly, but you simply cannot call whatever the fuck this character was "batman", he's a fucking psycho, batman "should" kill only when necessary, but in BvS he fucking murders everyone that is an enemy in front of him, for fuck sakes just look at the gif related or the whole chase scene where he never stops shooting like a madman
youtube.com/watch?v=lPc9bJrr-KA

Attached: 5133644-0839577725-R6jpA.gif (480x270, 1.58M)

fuck off!!

Attached: 6lj36dgsyjo21.jpg (2005x2293, 1.48M)

When Batman branded a guy at the start, that's when I regretted going to see it

Isn't this the same guy who said that nobody could possibly relate to "boy scout" Superman? Why would you think this guy could properly adapt any superhero after that?

Play injustice faggot.

>Fan fic about the worst version of beloved characters

Attached: thaal.jpg (786x450, 80K)

user it's all very, very simple; Aquaman does well, Shazam starts getting good press, and Snyder gets pissy about their success and in turn people pointing the finger at him for a rocky start to the DC movie universe. Now he's lashing out on twitter, saying how he would have done things, what he had planned, and ranting about how people need to "wake up" regarding Batman killing.

The simple fact of the matter is that Snyder is a troubled man who simple doesn't understand the medium at all. He can't grasp that in this fiction flawed heroes try to be better, or the outrageous being possible. I do wish him the best though, because I'm sure he's still hurting over his family loss. It's also WB's fault taking all the wrong notes from The Dark Knight's success

Attached: BILL BILL BILL.jpg (630x354, 25K)

I think the best way to really fucking solidify just how much Zacky boy missed the fucking mark with this shit is compare how his Batman kills people vs. how Nolans killed people.

Nolans Batman killed a man as a simple consequence of saving a child from getting shot, and it wasnt something he really intended, it just happened as a result of a spur of the moment decision from the resulting fall.

Snyders Batman deliberately decapitates a man with a fucking tank.

>Still obsessed over a movie from 3-years ago.
Living rent free 24/7.

Who at WB thought it was a good idea to put Snyder in charge

To be fair, Snyder also seems to still be upset.

300's success mixed with his wife being in a position of power. A lot of WB executives failed to realize that visuals/sequences are only a portion of what make comics engaging. Sure Batman kicking ass at a warehouse is cool, but we just got done with a murder attempt stopped by MARTHA about 5 mins prior pretending like it never happened

His wife, we've been over this.

I'd like to know the Ant-Life Equation.

Attached: landscape_xlarge[1].jpg (270x200, 20K)

He is a version of Rorschach

The real kicker is that I still genuinely like 300. It's basically Snyder's only good movie. It's like the perfect marriage of source material and director. It's just that I don't think he's capable of competently doing anything else.

Attached: 300-03.jpg (900x375, 232K)

Well yeah, it's his project. He was and had a direct and personal connection to the project. He should still think about it.

If one of the biggest desires of any artist is to make something that will be analyzed and discussed long after it comes out, then Snyder has succeeded. And YOU faggots as well as his defenders are making it so. 3-years after the fact, no capeshit movie continues both it's vehemient defense and detraction. If it was simply a bad movie, like SS, people would have just moved on. But no, it illicited a reaction. And real, successful art does that.

So congrats autists of both stripes, you're the ones making BvS unequivocally art that stands out amidst the annual parade of new, forgettable capeshit.

Nobody actually likes it you autist

It just meme and trolls

Again. Reaction. 24/7

Hoping Cavill gets his MOS2 and WB takes Affleck up on his offer to return as Batman, and I hope both are successful now that Snyder is gone

Honestly Snyder's the one who's so butthurt that he talked about backlash to his Batman out of nowhere on his Watchmen Director Cut panel.
Also this guy can't get over some comicbook superhero stuff even after his daughter commited suicide, makes you wonder if he lives in a dreamworld

Thanks Guys!

Attached: Molecule_Man_(Earth-616)_from_New_Avengers_Vol_3_24.jpg (1518x2219, 454K)

His Dawn of the Dead movie is good.

Sure, but people don't really have established criteria for the characters you put in a zombie flick.

More like Sack Rider

He is dyslexic and his kid died so yaayers

I mean it was a mediocre film at best what with the zombie baby and everything

if you dont like man of steel you are a faggot
that is all

>art is art brcaude it illicits a reaction
Let me just go and take a shit at my workplace, they sure will get a reaction and talk about it for ages
Is that art to you?

Funnily enough, that's him and James Gunn at their both finest.
Who would've thought they'd find themselves at the opposite ends between studios.

Man steel was good but BvS was hyper shit and everything got rushed too fast

>He can't grasp that in this fiction flawed heroes try to be better
Except the point of Bvs is a broken Batman going and trying to be better at the end of it after hitting rock bottom. How the fuck can you not understand this.

Attached: 1548218305099.jpg (640x720, 276K)

Attached: 1548463873506.png (540x405, 269K)

The point of BvS is that Batman's turning into a villain until Superman redeems him. There is nothing wrong with that. Stop being a butthurt characterfag.

The branding was a great concept that could have worked as an insanely morbid and brutal subversion of the no kill rule but when you have both that and him copiously murdering random truck goons it doesn't work.

>The point of BvS is that Batman's turning into a villain until Superman redeems him. There is nothing wrong with that.
Agree 100%, it's just that "Martha" was a hokey way to go about it.

Maybe it's just the freshness of finally reading a universally praised comic where The Trinity are portrayed as the good guys while they lock other heroes up in a place literally called The Gulag, but I'm not seeing anything inflammatory with Zack Snyder's statements on DC heroes killing. These characters have been altered and changed so much through the decades that, much like my own feelings towards Kingdom Come, you don't have to like this interpretation, but to call it invalid or wrong seems petty. This isn't like when David Goyer said anyone who knows who Martian Manhunter is a virgin, it's just a cynic sharing his views on the world we live in.

He's not just defending his version as valid though. He's saying only dark and gritty is valid. Mocking the concept of superheros who don't kill, steal, and "commit atrocities."

>This isn't like when David Goyer said anyone who knows who Martian Manhunter is a virgin

Yeah but that was before Supergirl TV show. Now everybody who knows Martian Manhunter is most likely a teenage girl.

>The point of BvS is that Batman's turning into a villain until Superman redeems him. There is nothing wrong with that. Stop being a butthurt characterfag.
The dumbest thing is that then they make threads about how unfair is to make superman evil all the time and that DC doesn't dare do the same thing with batman.

>He's saying only dark and gritty is valid. Mocking the concept of superheros who don't kill, steal, and "commit atrocities."
No, he is mocking people thinking that the american army and amewrican soldiers fight for democracy, not muh retards that believe Characters should be static, and imbeciles that get mad when there's mud in the cape of his favorite superdaddy. He never said only dark is valid. You can show Iron man killing people but as long as there's AC/DC music in the background is not people, it's a videogame, Snyder portrays violence as violence, when gods fight mortals die, his batman is brutal and the sound effects are brutal, it's not about other protrayals being bad, it's just that Snyder intentionally doesn't shy away from the connotations of superheroes, and instead if putting sugar on their acts of violence he just go full retarded, it's an answer that was born out of the satire in "rubber bullets,".
Snyder movies are boring and the pace is shit. but people crying over violence are just not muh manchildren that are pissed about the movies not being live action cartoons.

>When Batman branded a guy at the start
You mean like ZORRO?
Those are not "random truck goons", they are mercenaries

With a terrible execution revolving around a 180 heel turn based off a name drop

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Imagine still being a Snyder worshipper in the current year when literally every DC movie without his name on it has been successful and the studio is going completely opposite his direction

GodDAMN.
Snyder doesn’t even sound coherent.
“You lost your virginity to my movie.”

Who the fuck says that?

>You mean like ZORRO?
Yes because Zorro famously branded people with a hot iron.
Good call-out.

It's a rare chance to be an Alpha Contrarian.

It only illicits a reaction because he fucked up something a lot of people wanted. A live action DCAU is now impossible because of his shit and people are rightfully upset.

The only reason you liked it is because your faggot ass is in love with Cavill you raging homo

No, he branded people with a Sword.

Movie had a lot more flaws than that and you know it

>A live action DCAU is now impossible
Literally not muh

Edgy teens

Comic book and mainline movies can't possibly be compared. Also almost everything in the movie went wrong not just the characterizations.

And that wasn't a flaw.

He's not saying he wants the same exact thing as the DCAU you retard. He's saying that he wanted something that matches its quality.

They can't even get the universe-building and continuity as good as it

>He's not saying he wants the same exact thing as the DCAU
Literally "he" just said it.

You idiot it's a series about a lot of heroes together in one movie like the avengers. A lot of people wanted an actual DCEU not a few shit movies that transition into self contained stories because the extended universe has been poisoned you moron.

It is if it poisons the well

It's a good thing there weren't any dock workers working at those docks, otherwise innocent people could have gotten hurt or killed instead of just that innocent Lexcorp security detail trying to do their jobs.

>A lot of people wanted
A lot of people wanted what we got, and most people just want something fun to watch for 2 hours once a month, they don't give a fuck about shared universes, Snyder or the DCAU. Most people found BvS and Snyder movies boring, they don't care about superman smile or batman killing they just feel
the movie was boring and joyless (and they are right). Retarded autists going not muh don't represent the general population.
There's no "well", comic book readers are not the target audience.

People want it because it was what they grew up with. Why make a superhero movie without superheroes in it anyway? You really like the way they built their world around so much shit that they completely have ignore it now?

>that innocent Lexcorp security
You mean the mercenaries?

>People want it because it was what they grew up with.
Not muh retardation justifies comics imitating movies and synergy. Since there's more people that "grew up" with the MCU than with the comics now.

You're right so many people wanted what we got that they completely forgot to watch it to the point each Snyder movie made less money than the last. Also maybe tell Marvel there is no well and nobody cares about their shared universe. It's not like people only watch Infinity War and Endgame because of all the previous movies that came before it right? Too bad his target audience got him fired for being a shit director.

Exactly. The comics try to imitate the movies which is why when the movies are shit, the general public doesn't watch it and comic book fans hate it because they know it will affect the comics retard.

If there's no well then why are so many companies trying to create a shared universe nowadays?

>. It's not like people only watch Infinity War and Endgame because of all the previous movies that came before it right?
No, they watch the current marvel flick due the MARVEL brand, it's vainilla, it'sburger king, they know what they are going to get, it's an attractive product that they recognize. Snyder's dc movies were boring. That's it, they were not toyable (BvS sold more merch than any marvel movie, BUT it was all about adult t-shirts, and mostly due the bat logo and s shield being superior and socially acceptable among adults).
>the general public doesn't watch it
Please, don't talk about movies being shit or not, this is Yea Forums, very few popular movies are not "shit" and Yea Forums likes movies that in general are terrible. The problem is that there's a circlejerk in this board about not muh that allows idiots to believe that erratic editing, directorial stubbornness, executive meddling, and bad publicity are less important than Superman not smiling.
There's no well. There's brands and brand awareness is what matters, that's why Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Aquaman did fine and Justice League didn't.

If it was just brand awareness then the teamup movies should make around the same as the solo ones. A lot of people who watch these movies actually follow the stories. Or at least they follow an individual hero.

I'm not talking about other movies. I'm talking about this one. It is very clear that people do not like the direction he is going with the movies. He sells you a superhero franchise and forgets to bring the superheroes. Not to mention the movie in general is just terrible when it comes to technical stuff.

That literally proves there is a well. WW and AM did fine because they got their first movies so people were more willing to give them a chance. The JL was poisoned because those that came before it, SM and BM, sucked. SS was also the first movie of those characters so people gave it a chance. But because it was shit, they have to "reboot" with a new director.

Suicide Squad did so well, they are completely rebooting it