The fuck is a Hypercrisis?

The fuck is a Hypercrisis?

Attached: 641809.jpg (1200x627, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VwJjT5b9)
pastebin.com/VwJjT5b9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Hypercrisis Paranoia.png (731x157, 8K)

The fuck?

Grant Morrison trying to make superheros real

The idea that all of fiction is a living organism and is actively messing with the real world in order to sustain itself.

ayy FUCK'YU luigi!

A crisis that went beyond an ultracrisis.

That's dr derek to you buddy

So it's like tulpas, egregore, or meme magic.

>The idea that all of fiction is a living organism and is actively messing with the real world in order to sustain itself.
This. Let's take, for example, the number 52. 52 is a sacred number in DC. It originally referred to the number of weeks in the year, which is important because comics are a weekly periodical. The number 52 has featured prominently in much of DC's work. Sometimes intentionally, such as the 52 universes in DC's local multiverse. Sometimes... it appears unintentionally yet... mysteriously... still very prominently... For one example:

In BvS, a scene which is largely out of place with the rest of the movie, a scene which shows Darkseid's eventual dominion over Earth, occurs at the start of the 52nd minute of the movie...

From Flash of Two Worlds.

Attached: Hypercrisis - 00010 (2).jpg (1280x1980, 601K)

Nintendo Live-Action Cinematic Universe (NLACU) when?

Nothing, but dumb memers and autism. It's on the same level as meme magic. No, actually it's objectively lower.

Why the fuck does every single superhero franchise need to be crossovered? Just leave them in their own world, we don't need a massive, confusing multiverse full of gay superheroes constantly circlejerking their power.

>he thinks the Hypercrisis is a crossover
It's more like a Grand Unifying Theory of Comics.

Attached: 1467838353918.png (1200x389, 164K)

Whoops, wrong one, the thumbnails look the same.

Attached: 1457070840078.png (1306x628, 176K)

All hail the hypercrisis

Is this an accurate reading order?

>Flash of Two Worlds
>Jack Kirby's Fourth World Saga
>Crisis on Infinite Earths
>Watchmen
>Animal Man by Grant Morrison
>Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth (1989)
>Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison
>Secret Origins #46, #50 (1989, 90)
>John Constantine, Hellblazer (DC 1990)
>Batman: Gothic
>Kid Eternity (DC-Vertigo 1993)
>Swamp Thing v2 (DC-Vertigo 1994)
>Flex Mentallo (1996) #1-4
>Aztek, The Ultimate Man (1997)
>JLA (1997) #1-41, JLA Secret Files & Origins #1
>DC One Million (1998) #1-4
>The Flash (1997) #130-138
>JLA: Earth 2
>Orion by Walter Simonson (2000)
>Two Worlds (DC Comics Presents - Mystery in Space) (2004)
>JLA- Classified (2005) #1-3
>Infinite Crisis
>52
>Green Lantern by Geoff Johns (era)
>Batman by Grant Morrison
>All Star Superman (2006)
>Seven Soldiers (2005)
>Final Crisis (is the lead-in required?)
>Death of the New Gods
>Flashpoint
>Action Comics by Grant Morrison
>Batman/Superman #1-4
>Earth 2
>Justice League New 52 #1-6, 31-39
>O.M.A.C. New 52
>Justice League International Annuel #1
>Dial H
>Vibe
>Justice League of America #1-5
>Earth 2 #14-22
>Trinity War
>Forever Evil
>Superboy #30-34
>Superman: Doomed
>Infinity Man and the Forever People
>Earth 2: World’s End
>New 52: Futures End
>New Gods: Godhead
>The Multiversity
>Convergence
>Justice League: The Darkseid War
>Wonder Woman: Earth One Volume One and Two
>DC Universe Rebirth #1
>Flash Rebirth #1
>Titans Rebirth #1
>Titans: The Return of Wally West
>Action Comics: Path of Doom
>Detective Comics: Rise of the Batmen
>Action Comics: Mild Mannered
>Superman: Reborn
>Batman/The Flash: The Button
>Justice League of America: Panic in the Microverse
>Action Comics: The Oz Effect
>Detective Comics: A Lonely Place of Living
>The Green Lantern by Grant Morrison
>Doomsday Clock

Yeah I still don't see why people think there needs to be some grand unifying narrative. Searching for meaning like this always struck me as pointless but fun at best and belaying actual mental illness at worst.

It's not really a Grand Unifying Theory. It's just a search for proof that DC is alive.

Don't bother user, that's my list and I asked three times already. I wanted to do a massive storytime and no one would answer. Yea Forums doesn't care about comics anymore

LUIGI, I'M HOME

Luigi for the last time, they're comic book characters. Their universe isn't real. This is all in your head.

Attached: Mario and Luigi.jpg (823x585, 259K)

There is no such thing as a hypercrisis

LUIGI WHAT'D I TELL YOU ABOUT BROWSIN' THOSE INTERWEBS

Attached: 1527556951766.png (923x168, 12K)

People don't know what hyper means.
You've heard of superstitions? -Step on a crack, break your mother's back- Beliefs that don't come true.
Well, there's hyperstitions, things that come true because there was belief in them. Like computer processing power doubling every year. It was just a prediction that didn't have to be true, but it is, because the industry made it a standard.

When you see connections and parallels, you start looking for more.

Cut out-
>Death of the New Gods
>Earth 2
>Superboy #30-34
>Superman: Doomed
>Earth 2: World's End
>New Gods: Godhead
>most of Convergence
>Darkseid War
And you should be good.
Add in Batman: The Black Casebook, Stormwatch, The Authority, Planetary, Sandman, maybe Just Imagine, and some Elseworlds.

I am monitoring this thread.

Attached: 643125-page00a.jpg (1280x1622, 858K)

Rotate the 5 180 degrees and "52" starts to look a lot like the greek omega.

Those are actually called substitions.

What is this reading order about? Cause I would add Green Lantern Vol. 2 #40 it's Krona first appearance, Hal and Alan team up and they talk about the Hand. If this is about multiverse then you need the JLA/JSA team up books
Justice League of America Vol. 1 #21 & 22

look for Justice League of America Vol. 1 #100 by Len Wein because in this issue they team up with the Seven Soldiers. Morrison said he was a huge Wein JLA fan and this issue influenced his Seven Soldiers title. I'm willing to bet he read Wein's Green Lantern issues too because I get that from his new GL book.

besides The Flash of Two Worlds you need The Flash Vol. 1 #129, 137, 151, 170 & 173

The Brave and the Bold Vol. 1 #61 & 62

Spectre Vol. 1 #3 & 7

The Atom Vol. 1 #29 & 36

Showcase Vol. 1 #55 & 56

more Green Lantern Vol. 2 #45 & 52

then you'll realize that John Broome and Gardner Fox are geniuses behind most of DC cosmic stuff.

See pic and you'll see the number 52 on the subway columns. Jack the other great mind behind DC cosmic.

Attached: OMAC 6 - Jack Kirby Omac mini.jpg (600x462, 340K)

more
Justice League of America Vol. 1 #29, 30, 37, 38, 46, 47, 55, 56, 64, 65, 73, 74, 82, 83, 91, 92, 100, 101, 102, 107, 108, 113, 123, 124, 135, 136, 137, 147, 148, 159, 160, 171, 172, 183, 184, 185, 195, 196, 197, 207, 208 & 209

All-Star Squadron #14 & 15

There were some JSA TPBs that collected most of these Crisis stories?

Beat me to it.

Yeah that's why a lot of us use filenames.

the ones I was going by were Crisis on Multiple Earths Vol. 1-6

aw shit I don't remember this being brought up before

Knightfall scene?

I don't get how is this hypercrisis related and not just telling a similar story

Does this count as hypercrisis?

Attached: Adventures_of_Superman_612.jpg (400x612, 78K)

I took all of those from the Yea Forums Hypercrisis threads and reading orders, but I have not read them myself. I'm assuming there's some reason they were chosen.
Thank you so much user, you are a life saver. I threw them into my more detailed reading order (pastebin.com/VwJjT5b9) though I kind of just listed them as you have them written. I'd really like to do this storytime, but I don't know if people would be in for the long haul

Deadpool vs. The Marvel Universe is a good example, yeah? Or maybe Marvel Zombies? My knowledge of comics comes down to those two franchises and Archie Sonic so I'm not sure. I wish Yea Forums had a sticky for iterations/continuities to jump into and follow.

Attached: hq720.jpg (686x386, 50K)

Unlike tulpas, you aren't trying to fuck it.

>pastebin.com/VwJjT5b9
You sure got a whole lot more comics to read, user. I was curious to see the other lists you had there. For example I saw you had New Teen Titans #21 which leads into Night Force #1, here is were the hypercrises between the big two gets interesting. Marv Wolfman worked on Tomb of Dracula so he hints that Vanessa van Helsing could be the from the same van Helsing family as the original novel but as well as Marvel's Rachel van Helsing.

I should point out the reading order for the JLA and All-Star Squadron is
Justice League of America #207
All-Star Squadron #14
Justice League of America #208
All-Star Squadron #15
Justice League of America #209

As far as Kirby's Fourth World saga there is no definitive reading order but I've seen some real interesting ones floating online.