I am shocked, SHOCKED this is getting such bad reviews. I thought it was going to be amazing! /sarcasm

I am shocked, SHOCKED this is getting such bad reviews. I thought it was going to be amazing! /sarcasm

No one really cares for Dumbo and Burton's last great movie was Ed Wood.

Attached: f4312.jpg (758x626, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/emma-stone-cruella-de-vil-movie-director?verso=true
youtu.be/wqnNURx3Y6Q?t=86
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

50%?
That is 49% more than it deserve

The lack of pink elephants is the real crime of the movie.

still nobody cares

Dumbo is more expressive than Brie

>No one really cares for Dumbo
Obviously.

>Burton's last great movie was Ed Wood.
Incorrect; I enjoyed "Big Fish".

I knew it would be bad the second it was announced Tim Burton was directing. He only wanted it so he could do a fucked up pink elephants scene and nothing else.

Big Fish was great. I actually think it was his best film.

BUT MUH BOUGHT TICKETS AND PAID REVIEWERS

Attached: 1552321712108.png (360x490, 135K)

AND HE DIDN'T EVEN DO THAT. According to reviews, there's no "Pink Elephants" scene, there's just that one (1) bubble from the trailer.

Watch Ed Wood.

I still hate that this exists. I honestly hate everything that Disney is now, if it wasn't for the fact that they had such excellent animation in the past I'd hate Disney in general.

>Incorrect; I enjoyed "Big Fish".

i thought that was good but not great

Wait, they reviews the pink elephants scene? Why?

They're just mentioning (the lack of) it

I already have. I should watch it again one of these days.

Better than most of his other recent fare.

No surprise. They cut Tony Stark's alcoholism from the "Iron Man" and "Avengers" movies to maintain a PG-13 rating.
Welcome to Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan.

Its not that no one cares, its "no one wanted this".

>50%
It's 48% now
Shame, I love the original Dumbo and Eva Green.

Hopefully this is the death knell for these idiotic live-action remakes.

Not until Lion King and Aladdin are out. If either of those are a hit, we're fucked.

disney btfo

shitty capeshit movies are their only hope
they rely too much on aaa movies, it seems. so a bomb like this hit them hard.

Wait a minute, there's THREE fucking live-action Disney remakes this year?

Lion King is guaranteed to make money. Also critics can’t go to harsh on it because fanboys will attack and Disney as well. Alladin is probably more safegame to rip into shreds

Lion king has the most chances to be a hit everyone is shitting on Will smith as the genie

Sadly, yes.

This is all that damn Cinderella movie's fault. Then Beauty and the Beast made it worse.

>everyone is shitting on Will smith as the genie
That pretty much stopped once the new trailer came out and people actually got a good look at him.

Alladin has the problem that people no matter what still see Robin Williams as the genie. Disney has tried to spin it away by fixing the effects, but people still see Williams

Not just that.
This is a cynical cash grab calculated as inoffensive by cutting out the racism and exploitation that were so crucial in the original. It was turned from a civil-rights allegory into sad baby elephant story with absolutely no message anyone might dislike.
They went and took the one fucking thing they really should not have remade without some damn good reason and updating of the message, and they remade it with no message at all.
They could have gone for Snow White and just bored people. But no, they had to go and make people angry.

The Lion King has support from FUCKING FURFAGS so the chances of it failing are next to nothing.

Not a chance
Aladdin might flop but Lion King is virtually a guaranteed hit, same with the Little Mermaid movie that's almost certainly in the works

Well FIVE actually, Lady and the Tramp and Maleficent 2 are out this fall.

And also announced for next year and further:
>Mulan
>Cruella
>Lilo and Stitch
>Hunchback
>Pinocchio
>Little Mermaid

Attached: Maleficent_Mistress_of_Evil_(Official_Film_Poster).png (220x326, 10K)

>Lilo and Stitch

Attached: 1218860473551.jpg (400x481, 29K)

What is Disney going to do when they run out of animated films to remake?

Make cartoon versions of the remakes.

Its a perpetual motion machine of laziness.

so basically its for everyone.
i dont think people think like that tho. it would be fine if dambo was cute and fascinating as a character. they just failed at making it cute. disney is about characters and a dreamy world. the heavy story telling doesnt mater if the characters are adorable and friendly especially in the case where its an animal.

Who do they have lined up for little mermaid?

>Maleficent 2
How are they going to turn her into even more of a didn't do?

>Lilo and Stitch
I fear the CGI abominations will be getting.

>little mermaid
it is and i'm still seething about it

>Pinocchio

Oops, sorry Disney, Italy beat ya to it.

Attached: 61RYejcCVgL._SY445_.jpg (334x445, 26K)

they were going to have del toro direct it, and he would have made it fucked up, then he left for some reason

Have you seen Disney's slate this year? They're going all out in a way I've never seen before

>No one really cares for Dumbo and Burton's last great movie was Ed Wood.
Burton's ONLY great movie is Ed Wood. It's the only one where he tried to make something other than a cartoon for children.

Zendaya

Nolanfag OUT

And if they bomb, they won't care. Because the MCU makes them bajillions of dollars to cover the loss.

>Burton's ONLY great movie is Ed Wood.

I will cut you.

>Nolanfag OUT
The Nolan Batman movies. Well, the first one is OK. Best Batman movie is probably LEGO Batman.

This was the movie ladderbro swore would shit on Shazam

Doesn't say but it's to be directed by Rob Marshall if that means anything to you.

>Miramax
So it was released by Disney anyway

as someone who thinks Ed Wood its his absolute best, i gotta concur with this fellas.

Beetlejuice its fucking great you dumbass mongoloid.

They will care. Disney doesn't really make a lot of movies these days and nothing with a small budget. So they don't just want their successes to cover failures. They want to maximize profit across the board

>Maleficent 2
who the fuck asked for this

A quick Google search shows it's either Zendaya or Ariana Grande.

Lion King is guaranteed to be a hit, they would have to try to mess that up. But if Dumbo and Aladdin underperform, I think they will roll things back a bit. The live-action division has been taking on a lot of underperformers in the past couple of years

Ah, touche.

Eh, we'll see.
I've got a fish lady fetish but even so I'm not sure if I'm interested in a live action remake of a movie I haven't seen in years.

Ladderbro has been predicting the death of DC for years. Just ignore the cunt. There's every chance this still makes more than Shazam even if it is a worse film

COUGH-Nutcracker!-COUGH

Exactly. Given the original which was already a prequel before Sleeping Beauty showing she was actually a nice person, where does this fit in showing her now evil?

We have the real live action shit bag coming in a few months with Artemis Fowl. Don't tell me you guys forgot about it?

haha the fuck
i didn't even pick this up and i'm still dropping it

Attached: 1400680210660.jpg (219x266, 19K)

And Solo and Wrinkle in Time

I actively try to remove that the Artemis Fowl movie is happening from my memory

>Lion King is guaranteed to be a hit
i dont know about that. i dont see anyone pumped about it
it's like lion king meets discovery channel, that shit is just weird

>Beetlejuice its fucking great
Fair point, I forgot about Beetlejuice. But fuck his Batman and fuck Jack Skellington. Pretty movies, but boring characters. But, yeah, OK, Beetlejuice.

that's just a movie adapting a book, it's not a different movie adapted from a movie that already existed and didn't need to exist twice

>Burton's ONLY great movie is Ed Wood.
>Batman/Returns
>Beetlejuice
>Edward Scissorhands
>Corpse Bride
>(Didn't direct) Nightmare Before Christmas
>Mars Attacks
>Sweeny Todd
>Frankenweenie

Seriously though get fucked.

>Don't tell me you guys forgot about it?
forgot?
i didn't even know it was a thing lmao
oh boy i cant wait for them to milk the series for a good 15 years

>that's just a movie adapting a book
Personally, I was referring to Disney's entire live-action division

I was in Paris in November and there were huge billboards and advertising for it absolutely everywhere. I'm surprised it tanked as hard as it did, the marketing budget in itself must have been huge.

bad taste but ok

aladdin is going to be a hit. you see, us americans are stupid and will watch anything

he didn't directed nightmare before christ-ass

No no, that movie is going to bomb hard. Not only is nobody looking forward to it, the plot and character details they changed are monstrous (Butler doesn't look anything like how he's described, Root is a woman now so that means the whole Holly is not the first female LEPrecon officer is cut out, the casting for Artemis was looking for someone "innocent and adventurous", etc.)

he worked on it, henry selick(coraline) directed it

Only Ed Wood and Beetlejuice are actual movies with actual characters. The rest are art school projects that somehow got millions in funding.

that's interesting because i didn't hear shit about until it was out
i guess they focused the marketing burget in a couple of places instead of just going strong online

kek

Attached: Tumblr_pdxr8kw7Lc1u4whbwo1_1280.jpg (1280x1895, 662K)

The marketing budget was in the eight figure range, so yeah.

Disney needs to fuck up with one giant live-action CGI spectacle every year. Through the Looking Glass, Nutcracker, Wrinkle in Time last year, this year it's Artemis Fowl

if they'd kept the 'holly is first lep officer' thing in, Yea Forums would have complained about muh feminist pandering, admit it

the other stuff is worrying though

T b h Jack's anti-heroic attitude is more interesting than some Disney male leads

>He still thinks Obama is president

Y'all plebs here, Burton's best movie is Sleepy Hollow. It's top camp

Oh don't worry it will be a big hit in the rest of the west as well. Remember when everyone hated remakes and dismissed them immediately? I wanna go back to that

Besides that being a gigantic part of her and Root's characters in the first couple of books, that doesn't make sense because it is taking out something that's actually empowering

>>Cruella
Can't fucking wait for this one, how the fuck disney is going to make Cruella de vil a protagonist

>Yea Forums would have complained about muh feminist pandering, admit it
And those who read the books will know that it's bait.

Where the fuck is Big Fish and Pee wee nibba?

>>Cruella
You're fucking kidding me, right?

big fish is bad.
THERE
I
SAID IT.

and they would take it anyway, the illiterates

actually they might keep that plot element. maybe holly and root will bond over being the hardness of being the few female ones

it's some 80s era mildly punky version apparently

Blame Maleficient. Having an aging actress play a Disney villain and fill it with "dindu nothin" means easy bucks.

they're most likely giving her the 'dindu nuffin' maleficent treatment im guessing
cruella grew up loving dogs but something something happened and the captcha can suck my dick

Attached: pp.jpg (378x556, 36K)

I shit you not.
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/emma-stone-cruella-de-vil-movie-director?verso=true
Starring Emma Stone it seems.

>maybe holly and root will bond over being the hardness of being the few female ones
That's not the point. That's totally fucking up the entire point of that plot element

Did they put in the racist crows?

It's a much harder sell no matter what they do. Maleficient just put a girl to sleep out of spite. But a protagonist who skins animals for fashion? There's no way they can pull that off

>Starring Emma Stone
It's going to be unwatchable

Attached: 1442600046117.jpg (923x687, 96K)

>But a protagonist who skins animals for fashion?
what makes you think they're even going to put that in?
it's very possible they'll dump the evil persona completely and just make her a good vegan girl

Then it's literally somebody else entirely. Why is their fucking brand so strong?

Attached: 1476590724063.jpg (978x645, 319K)

make it like that pokemon movie.
who the heck wants to watch this photorealism crap.

photorealism is really a fucking modern disease in the western entertainment.

Not sure why it is needed when 101 Dalmatians was Disney's first live action remake way back in 1996. What next? Captain Hook or Ursula origin story?

Attached: 66D8BB8A-E4E8-4422-9242-603110084545_E857C364-9CE5-4289-AE70-2115D01885BF_2019-2-21-T15-19-9.jpg (260x371, 48K)

I read there is an upcoming live action Hello Kitty film or some shit which will also be in this style.

>Captain Hook or Ursula origin story?
I wouldn't be surprised

if cruella and maleficent 2 make enough money i guarantee you 100% captain hook is coming in the next 10 years

>implying even Disney cared about this trash fire when they were busy carrying CM's nonexistent ass

Who would have thunk a reboot of a movie no one really cares about being directed by a person whose past his prime would under perform.

Attached: thinking chimp.jpg (833x622, 141K)

Conspiracy theories don't ever die, they just contort around any information that seems to refute them. There's always an excuse.

They're saving them for Lion King.

>Maleficent 2 official synopsis reads:
>"A fantasy adventure that picks up several years after Maleficent, in which audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney’s most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora, Maleficent II continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy (Angelina Jolie) and the soon to be Queen (Elle Fanning), as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within."
Take the most powerful and dangerous villain in Disney canon and make her into a public nuisance and minor inconvenience. Now the sequel appears to make her even more softer.

Disney's live-action meme train is never going to stop.

This just is the weirdest shit to me because one of the posters they threw up on Twitter has what is obviously the pink elephants in them.

Attached: D2nzSuoVAAEwIqz.jpg (2697x4096, 1.53M)

That's bait

Soooo it's a sequel to Sleeping Beauty if she is about to become queen.. so Maleficent should have turned in to a dragon and died already. What a mess.

Does the hot and sexy Eva Green get her cooch and babs out like she does in all her other movies?

youtu.be/wqnNURx3Y6Q?t=86