What’s The Brazil of Yea Forums?

What’s The Brazil of Yea Forums?

Attached: B572F94F-7C79-4087-AA28-7A89A9515142.jpg (960x1440, 419K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OY8gc-j_QmY
youtube.com/watch?v=2lTMiQsMH1g
youtube.com/watch?v=5SLG-4cetz8
youtube.com/watch?v=_7A5H1FUPcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Something by Morrison, probably. My pick would be THE FILTH.

Rio 2

Attached: IMG_1294.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Attached: Hercules.jpg (334x290, 7K)

Crowning achievement of the director's career butchered by studio execs? Thief and the Cobbler probably. Except Gilliam eventually won and Williams didn't.

In terms of aesthetics? Probably some Eastern European animated feature.

I expected to like this movie a lot more than I actually did in the end. I found myself very frustrated by Sam's bevahior, throwing away everything in pursuit of his impossible-to-achieve dreams and continually not doing his job(s). It felt a lot like he really brought some of his misfortune on himself, and while plenty was exacerbated by the system some of it felt very avoidable.

DC Super Hero Girls

Attached: babsdances.png (264x492, 224K)

Yeah, that's the point. He's a daydreamer with his head in the clouds who keeps his eyes down to avoid getting in trouble, and the minute he puts his head above the parapet the reality of the awful world he lives in comes crashing down on him like a ton of bricks. You were meant to feel that way, you accurately assessed his character flaws.

Life experience teaches you nothing, right?

OK but what's the Stalker of Yea Forums

Attached: Current_28150id_018_medium.jpg (650x366, 279K)

>series finale reveals the move to Metropolis and her new friends was a fantasy world conjured up in Babs' mind after the Joker shot her in the spine and tortured her father before she suffered a complete psychotic break from reality

Didn't expect Faust to be a Gilliam fan.

This is actually pretty cool. Usually in dystopias, the protagonist is the only smart person to ever exist in this world and the rest are "le retarded sheeple".

Attached: 1515444616053.gif (390x357, 2.95M)

The Black Cauldron might be another good comparison

I kinda figured this at least. He was never going to make it trying to break the system, never. I actually liked that, despite the huge messes left behind, the world *almost* worked, and worked just enough to suppress behavior like his in the end, but too much was just a complete mess as ever it would be.

This is also a really fair point. I did kind of like that Sam was a huge loser.

Oh no, Sam's a complete coward and milksop. He's a very realistic nobody doing his best to scrape by. His family has party connections so he has a small but comfortable apartment and an undemanding low level job where his supervisor depends on him to keep things running smoothly. His reaction to the unrelenting horror of the world he lives in is either do his best to ignore it or just retreat into his dreamworld. When he realizes his torturer is his best friend his mind just snaps.

Triplets of Belleville or Boy & the World
Hedgehog in the Fog

>actually takes place in Brazil
>protag gets caught up in futuristic city
>totalitarian dystopian state
>memories are imaginative and colorful while reality is bleak
>freedom fighters in a battle with the government
>brilliant soundtrack
>similar twist endings
it's this

Attached: boy&theworld.jpg (1000x1461, 392K)

What do you think of Gilliam's animations Yea Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=OY8gc-j_QmY
youtube.com/watch?v=2lTMiQsMH1g
youtube.com/watch?v=5SLG-4cetz8
youtube.com/watch?v=_7A5H1FUPcw

>Hedgehog in the Fog
I'll take it

Attached: 1320354494827.jpg (144x145, 10K)

The Incal

Probably the short made by Dahli and Disney

how did this movie end again?

Sam escapes with his love interest into the countryside but it turns out to be a fantasy after his mind broke

Avengers Endgame, but only in terms of runtime.

from what?

Classics, especially the mp animations.

Being tortured/interrogated intensely by his former best friend for committing various crimes against the state in an ill-thought grab for freedom after several other events which pushed him into attempting to take action.

k

idk, not a fan of dystopia