Kill Six Billion Demons K6BD

“The temples were burst open and all that could not be concealed was defiled, until flesh became more valuable than gold. Men swarmed over the city like locusts, eating shoes, grass, carrion, dung. Strength became the only currency.”

– Account from the Yellow City, circa the Universal War

>King of Swords

Attached: KOS53r.jpg (980x1515, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism#Abnormal_eye_development_and_appearance
killsixbilliondemons.fandom.com/wiki/Intra
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder if he's going to attack Meti or cut his hair.

Wait, it was Maya doing the talking? I thought it was Incubus.

So wait, was Incubus and Intra the same person all along? Or is king of Swords just a title different people use over time?

So Incubus just ignored the food and went straight for the sword? He really does deserve both the titles of King of Swords and Beggar King. I wonder if he'll try to cut Meti out of sheer crazy or if he'll try to shave his own hair.

Last page she was literally talking about how she's brought Meti her family's food for years. It obviously wasn't Incubus speaking.

Fucking speedreaders

This update took longer than usual, didn't it?

yeah, there wasn't a friday update. I'm not sure why it took so long, the art on this page looks rougher than most

Now that you mention it, most of the panels don't have a background. That's a bit odd for Abby. Hope he's doing okay.

The last several pages with this flashback look rough. I don't know what's up with that.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1445x272, 48K)

Isn't he still preparing his wedding and stuff?

Oh wow, that'd be a twist now wouldn't it? Intra was active during the Universal War and wasn't a demiurge. But if the stories are to be believed Intra grew up in a noble family and in terms of personality he seems to be as far removed from Incubus as can be.

Tiny Incubus is actually very cute.
What if he actually isn't evil at all? I'll be he's got his reasons. Look at those big scared eyes.

Attached: IMG_20190326_175139.jpg (423x270, 48K)

Never trust desperate orphans from war-torned countries. They'll rob you and stab you.

wait, abb is getting married?

what's with all the webcomic artist marriages lately

Because most are mid 20s through mid 30s? Why aren't you getting married?

What do y'all think? Is he about to cut his hair, attack Meti, or take a third option?
I think he's gonna try to cut her. The line about bloodlust wouldn't make sense otherwise.

>Why aren't you getting married?

Attached: But_I_waaaant_it.jpg (250x267, 8K)

that's what a couple people guessed, but no. read it properly.

And Intra had dark hair.

>Tiny Incubus is actually very cute.
Nevermin tiny incubus, look at that smile on meti. I want her to reverse benchpress me all night long, she a cute

Props to Abbadon for unpredictability. There were a lot of guesses in the previous thread about what Inky was going to do but I dont think anyone figured "grabs the sword and tries to kill Meti"

Whatever Incubus does, I expect this is a deliberate parallel to Solomon David's backstory.

Shit, this'll be how Incubus ends up with a bunch of scars isn't it?

I think he's gonna cut his hair. It'd be funny if he's all scarred up and sore because of tetanus and short little kid arms trying to use a sword like that.

Oh shit, you're right. Meti is going to do a bunch of metaphysical cutting bullshit on him, probably shallow enough so it doesn't instantly kill him.

Incubus just needs a great big hug

If anything, him running mindlessly at a much superior foe reminds me of early Allison

He's already married ya goofs

Explains why he chose Allison as his wedge, I suppose

>Maya never took Incubus home and taught him how to make the best noodles in the city

He could have been the Noodle Stand King.

I wonder if Maya could use the Art of Cutting to kill somebody with a wet noodle

user, there is no noodle.

It's a little annoying that he skipped an update to give us this lame page with no background art.

She could if she really really believed she could
Fuck man, I love this setting

The art of a comic is inversely proportional to how much of a life the artist has.
Abbadon is a married man, user.
This series is going to look like 12oz Mouse when he has a kid.

This panel alone is worth this shaky art.
That's a shit load of emotion captured in an image.

Attached: Capture.png (978x341, 415K)

>Why aren't you getting married?

Attached: tumblr_inline_pk3vmyTZ4z1uqxp7q_1280.png (749x710, 452K)

because its illegal to marry relatives

Attached: wATER TRIBE.jpg (190x253, 38K)

I mean it's not like he skipped to give us a great page. He skipped because he has irl shit going on

how pissed will she be

Attached: 4061293546.png (259x327, 147K)

At the beginning of book 4 the art had improved but these last few pages featuring the demiurges has not been good. I doubt it has anything to do with his wife or girlfriend.

this pissed

Attached: Annotation 2019-03-06 140806.jpg (234x230, 18K)

>speedreaders
Who the fuck needs to use speed reading to get through a goddamned comic book? They're already quick and easy to read.

In the context of webcomics, speedreaders are brainlet trash goblins who page through the comic at maximum speed, skimming the dialogue, who then proceed to come here and ask retarded questions like

could be him cutting his hair to receive the training then going on to become one of the 7 kings who slaughter worlds to refer to the bloodlust

Reminds me of that Simpson bit with Apu's mother
"Does it glow when you get angry?"

Wait is Incubus an albino? I never thought of it before because I figured it had to do with him being a dimurge but in that panel he appears to just be a small albino child.

the focus in the eye is pretty interesting coupled with the grimace

UNF
N
F

Attached: c81.png (1024x576, 727K)

if meti doesnt slice that sword in half with her chopsticks im going to suck your dick

>cue last panel
Hey kid, you wanna know how I got these scars?

I assumed his appearance was due to malnutrition, but maybe he's also an albino.

>it
Geez, fuck you too, Meti.

So far from the way Abba has talked about him Inc doesn't seem to be human, or even really any normal race of Throne.
"It" might be because Meti knows Inc is some kind of abomination.

Ditto, he looks terrified and determined at the same time, kinda like Allison in the earlier chapters. But he also looks ferocious and mad, it feels a lot more raw. It's a somewhat sad and unsettling panel, specially when coupled with the dreaded aura of the market and the lower text of the carnage in the Yellow city and Maya's narration. One of the most effective in a while.

I'll go out on a limb and say that he does not have albinism. Abbadon is an attentive writer that typically foreshadows a lot of details and he hasn't given us any other indicator that he's albino. Plus Albino people having red eyes is a common myth.

They're both going to get bodied.

The latter. Intra was royalty and spoke of the demiurges as if he was not one of them

I barely even notice how bad Abby's art is in terms of linework unless someone specifically brings it up, usually everything else is so well done it becomes easy to ignore a few shaky lines.

>Plus Albino people having red eyes is a common myth.

>user's face when he thinks he knows shit about albinos.

Attached: albino.jpg (500x375, 27K)

Actually no dude, albinos can actually have red eyes, it's just much more rare. Most have the pale lavender color.

Stop being retarded. That's only in photos of children do to the flash. Red eye in photos happens with people who aren't albino as well. They still have normal eye color just a tad bit lighter due to their albinism.

Red eyes in camera flashes happen in the pupil, not in the iris.

Bruh, red eye in photography is different than red eye in albinism. In albinism it's because there's no pigment in the iris due to y'know, albinism.

Don't albinos have an increased risk in going blind as well? That could explain the sword acting as a walking aid as well as Incubus being comfortable in the dark pit.

nice bait m8.

No it's the same thing the light is reflecting off of the retina and it's also causing the blood vessels to show up in the photo due to their lower eye pigment but that does not mean they have red eyes. That kid's eyes are most likely blue. I've known several albino people in real life, believe it or not, and none of them have red eyes.

>ten molest shota Incubus

I'll be damned, long pants.

Attached: Screenshot_20190326-231834.png (1080x1920, 234K)

Incubus could be a pale, white-haired, red-eyed non-albino human, because there's more variety in K6BD's setting.

Next you slowpokes will realize that the Targaryens are albinos

Depends on how severe the albinism is. If it's severe enough, then red eyes happen.

He's caucasian. Or whatever the Yellow City's equivalent is.

I always doubted the blindness theory because we've seen him responding to visual cues and looking directly at things. However, his eyes nowadays are not at all like those in the flashback. Maybe he did indeed go blind at one point and modified himself to be able to see again. The sword-as-cane thing could be an old habit or just because he's still physically decrepit.

I love that contrast between the penultimate and final panel. He goes from completely innocent and almost cartoon like and then that expression at the end takes you aback

This could also be a probability.

In the meantime, more about albinism and red eyes:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism#Abnormal_eye_development_and_appearance

>Melanin functions in the normal development of various parts of the eye, including the iris, retina, eye muscles, and optic nerve. The absence of melanin results in abnormal development of eyes and leads to problems with focusing, and depth perception. The eyes of albino animals appear red because the colour of the red blood cells in the retina can be seen through the iris, which has no pigment to obscure this. Some albino animals may have pale-blue eyes due to other colour generating processes. Albino vertebrates exposed to intense light typically lose photoreceptors due to apoptosis.

>Don't albinos have an increased risk in going blind as well?
Not a risk, most people with albinism are legally blind, pigmentation is actually really important to sight and without it your eyes are just completely fucked.
Hell, one of the things doctors do to check for albinism is an eye exam.

Spoonfeed me please. Intra?

How does he even grab the sword, I think I'm too stupid for the last panel

killsixbilliondemons.fandom.com/wiki/Intra

>killsixbilliondemons.fandom.com/wiki/Intra
I keep forgetting about the wiki, even though I used it to run a tabletop game set in Throne.

Better question: what does he intend to do with it? That's an awkward angle to unsheathe it, and I doubt he's going to drag Maya along with him.

Watch him totally swing Maya at Meti by her scabbard next page.

>She's still holding the chopsticks
She's gonna go Ichiryu on his ass

Truth and untruth to this.
Albinos don't really have an eye colour at all, believe it or not eye colour is actually has a purpose and isn't just there to look pretty, it basically restricts how much light goes into the eyes. It's why in costal or desert regions people generally developed with dark brown eyes while people in northern climates had blue eyes, the former needed to block out the harsher light their environment often had while the latter didn't.
A complete lack of melanin means very, very pale blue, almost grey, eyes which light passes through very easily. When a lot of light reflects off the back you get the "red eye" effect.

Now in most people red eye only happens in photographs where a huge flash of light suddenly hits them dead on, for albinos, any decent level of light, even ambient, can bring this out because again, there's no pigment there to block out large amounts of ambient light. Technically, their eyes aren't red, in practicality, there are many situations, even under florescent lights, where their eyes can look red (I've actually met albinos and witnessed this first hand, even under basic tube lights she looked like she had pale pink eyes).

I've read a lot about albinos because I have a huge fetish for them, it's one of my earliest fetishes that can probably be traced to reading Gregor the Overlander in elementary school

Attached: 1234132412.jpg (510x541, 231K)

given the context of 'king of swords' hes probably going to accidentally do a really impressive artless strike against meti thatll land him as being one of her two students i dunno

That's a creepy closeup. She fae or something?

you've never seen an albino up close? you can see everyone artery in their eyes

huh, I actually learned something on Yea Forums
>that last sentence
oh

No scans of the book exist to my knowledge so I couldn't tell you, but probably

Attached: 12343124123.jpg (2048x1536, 593K)

this but unironically

Homeless vagabond drunk and greatest sword fighter and teacher to ever live. He's the legendary king of swords the book is named after.

I think the wiki needs updating. It felt like there was a bunch of stuff that wasn't on there when I was looking around last.

>Homeless vagabond drunk.
Sort of... You're kind of mixing up his characterization with Meti's. Was he ever said to take to the drink in particular? He was from a minor nobility, and basically just meditated under a plum tree (interesting, because one of the "The Lie of..." parables in Psalms featured a plum) and walked into a tournament and killed the strongest fighter with the sloppiest, most artless blow imaginable.

You know, maybe the apparent friendship between incubus and Jagganoth has its roots on the fact that they are the demiurges with the shittiest childhoods

>take to the drink in particular
I recall he was found passed out drunk when King Yemmod attacked the blue city

Oh, I guess being hammered and being extremely good at cutting shit are linked in the K6BD universe.

I thought I heard he was from the Yellow City, maybe they're racial traits?

Meti and Maya are also from the yellow city and they have indian traits

So the one white male demiurge is looked down on by all the others? That'd be like turning /pol/ memes into a fantasy setting.

And then he still becomes a demiurge, bearer of the word NOODLE

Not when they occasionally get paired with a long wall of lore text.

She won't have the strength to protect herself now that she has been deprived of her noodles.

You want an old lady who sits in a jar all day to fuck you?

That's Maya, come on

I don't know if he's doing it out of anger, desperation, or thanks to Maya for actually offering him food.

On the one hand he might just be killing the old lady because he's seen Maya come down here time and time again to give her noodles and he figures that "hey, if I kill her then this nice lady will bring ME noodles every week instead." Or he might just be crazy and want to kill her because he's seen her eat for weeks while doing nothing and meanwhile he's been subsisting off of literal shit that has, somehow, gone past its expiration date.

Either way the kid saw his chance and he's fucking running with it.

I think he may just kneel down and cut his hair

I don't get how Maya has only noticed him now, even though both of them come around at the same times. Her every two weeks and him every week. Is this like how that shrine guy in the chapter's opening had no idea who Allison is, despite other locals saying she comes around frequently? Great writing details, Abby.

>don't get how Maya has only noticed him now
This is a young, vain, stupid Maya. She only comes down to give her the food and beg for training. She doesn't care about anything else. She could have only noticed this time because Inc got bolder and came closer. Or perhaps Maya stopped sucking her own dick for 5 seconds to observe the area around her.

>like how that shrine guy in the chapter's opening had no idea who Allison is, despite other locals saying she comes around frequently?

The Throne is home to millions. The block she's on, thousands. Do you know the man who sells petrol around the corner? The guy who sells hotdogs over the street? The woman who comes into the laundromat every other day? It's quite easy to miss people when you don't care for them.

> it comes time to betray allison
> he can't do it, she's too much like him

> he gets killed by jagganoth in turn

>Incubus attacks Meti, but gets knocked on his ass
>Meti calls him an idiot, and the perfect student for learning the art of cutting because he's so damn stupid
Calling it now

Attached: 1553211648403.jpg (310x400, 70K)

Alternately, he kills her since he has no idea that you're not supposed to be able to machete the greatest swordswoman ever to live.

>no good end K6BD universe featuring Maya and her adopted little brother Incubus getting into shenanigans while running the best noodle cart in the Yellow City, Solomon David - grand master of dad jokes, and a sentimental and grandfatherly Mammon running the local business association

Ok Abbadon, calm down.

I wouldn't be surprised if magical fanfiction writings end up having the ability to remold reality.

>pretend you're pulling at plot holes when you could apply some basic logic to answer them
>get booty blasted

Get fucked speedreader.

Incubus has the potential to become an undefeated swordsman, for he is, indeed, exceptionally poor.

>this fuming over someone pointing out simple holes in the writing
I'm on my second read through after finally looking up all the writings I missed the first time, so mayhaps you ought to get fucked.

"Every week" doesn't necessarily translate the same time and day every week. Besides, the kid is street trash and seems to prefer hiding over standing around in the open. The example with Allison and the monk is a lot more stupid because the monk was the guardian of the shrine that Allison used as an outdoors gym every single day and despite the monk being shouting mad about it they had never exchanged a single word.

nah user, it's because they're fucking

>metaphysical
Said like someone who thinks Meti wouldn't cut a small child charging at her with a sword

I hope someone asks Maya about what she thinks about death

>Incubus, being too stupid to decide whether to kill an old woman for her noodles or attain her cutting arts, tries to simultaneously chop Meti's head off and cut his own hair in one blow

I'm feeling like we're focusing too much on just Maya, Meti and Inc, and forgotting the whole setting of this exhange. The War.
In Solomon's story, Yenmod (King of Kings) paid extra attention to the fact that there were practionors of Ki Rata present.
I could just as well see Au Vam (King of Kings) being aware of Meti being in the Yellow City. Maybe war is coming specifically for her, and Incubus wants to get ahead of the competition, possibly for revenge? Orphans aren't born orphans.

Look, it's Matty.

>spin off comic where Maya stays home making noodles and witnesses the entire history of throne through the various demon killing demigods who stop at her place to eat

The yellow city was built by the Demiurges and orbited Throne so its population was the exact kind of multiversal immigrants as Throne. I doubt there are typical racial traits of people in the yellow city.

kek

Observing the smallest individual participant in a grander conflict is almost always more interesting. The smaller the thing the better story can be told of the greater whole: War < Battles < Armies < Leaders < Individuals.

War is always the same. Enemies are crushed and their homes taken and there's some back and forth of that exchange repeated some number of times. This is always the big picture; it's never any different regardless of the participants or settings. If you've heard one story about a larger war you've heard all of them. The details we already know about the Second Conquest are all the broad details we need to know: The Demiurges wrecked each others' shit until there were 7 of them. Unless the Demiurges are anything exceptional, and in this case only the 7 really are, they're not worth noting other than being names. Whomever threw the Yellow City and extinguished the sun are going to be noteworthy but Yenmod and Au Vam aren't going to be worth any pages unless they are responsible for those things.

What makes war interesting is the small stories and the individuals involved like Maya or Meti. Even stories about huge battles should and often are summarized in a single paragraph - Solomon's one-page explanation of his world's conquest was sufficient and ultimately much less interesting than Solomon himself.

I knew an albino and he didn't have red eyes at all, just really bright, so yeah you certainly wouldn't see it in normal situations.

Incubus could have had a fit, big-tiddy nee-san who'd cook for him and train him, but he just had to be a little shit

>Well if you do not want to cut your hair, I WILL

Why does Incy look so mad there?

[headcanon]
Meti had been eating everything to the last noodle in front of him before.
>"Ah, it will die soon anyway." *gulp*
[/headcanon]

it'll probably be explained in the next page retard

Frankly this, I can imagine Incubus thoughts right now.
>live in the absolute misery.
>completely powerless, easily beaten, easily forgotten.
>have to practically eat shit to survive.
>watch this ugly and smelly mummy getting food everyday (Im sure maya is not the only one who gives her food)
>the bitch is even admired and respected when you get nothing of that.
>and the haughty cunt have the nerve to tell the only human to pay you attention in a while to ignore you because you will die soon anyway.
>REEEEEEE

Any other kid like him would have taken the food and ran away, but he chose to strike down in a fit of envy (at least that's how I see it right now). I'ts not surprising he ended up being a demiurge.

faggot people can discuss and wonder all they want, its the entire point for a thread to even exist, suck my cock

>Alternately, he kills her since he has no idea that you're not supposed to be able to machete the greatest swordswoman ever to live.
She hasnt accepted Maya as a student yet; Meti stated she had an apprentice before she died

Look man. All of civilization is the result of someone wanting to fuck something in some way. If we find alien life I give it a 3 days before someone has sex with it, and a week before porn.

>drinking lowers your inhibitions and makes you shit that you want to do without thinking
>ksbd has a theme of you have to want something and force your way to become strong

hmm

Attached: 1504831344360.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Man I wish getting drunk let me do the impossible

so much of my life would be not shit

Anyone else think that Maya is explaining all of this to the Pursuers?
Also, how on earth is she even still alive? She's neither Royalty or a practitioner of ki rata.

She was trained by Meti. And Abaddon basically said Meti could school all the demiurges if she wanted to.

Attached: mikabonk2.gif (100x100, 24K)

There are many ways to immortality, user. Maya being a former demiurge, she might know some tricks. Or maybe it's just some kind of "cultivate inner strength" kung fu bullshit.

Its always mildly amused me to think that Maya's method of immortality is that when she gets kinda old she simply cuts her age in half.

>“A man who strikes without thought can cut God.” -Meti’s Sword Manual

>"If you should meet god on the road, kill him"
>Maya has died many times, but each time something black flame, white flame, the void itself comes to collect she simply cuts it and goes to get more noodles.

I hope so, I want muh Layla back

Attached: 1542401557588.png (4000x4000, 3.99M)

This is actually a hilarious idea.

Attached: laff.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

The funny thing is I wouldn't even be surprised if that was actually a viable thing in K6BD lore, I mean royalty is basically telling reality "whatever, I do what I want"

Is Incubus supposed to look like Allison in the last panel?

Given how Allison has grown to resemble Incubus, I'd say yes.

Why is young Maya so hot goddamn

Attached: 7168602C-740A-434A-AAE8-1B1E0465EE28.jpg (480x542, 42K)

because she stronk and tastefully swole

Retconning this hard to justify tumblr hair.

Kill yourself faggot.

thanks for the thread bump

Doesn't Meti die from "drowning in the blood of her enemies"?

>when your enemy has more blood than usual and you left your mouth open while slitting in his throat

This is why you keep your mouth shut when murdering Hematomancers.