Alice in Wonderland

So got any favorite Wonderland themed comics? been drawing sketches of some of my characters from an Alice in Wonderland comic I wrote in middle school and thought I'd share. Thought it might be fun to share Wonderland themed comics or other people could share their own Wonderland themed concepts.

Attached: Hatter.png (3300x3000, 2.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/alexdealey
www89.zippyshare.com/v/Huucec6D/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Alice.png (3300x3000, 2.01M)

Only Alice I care about is Disney's.

well it is a classic, assuming you mean the animated one

cause if I'm not mistaken this was Disney too

Attached: https-%2F%2Fwww.geekinsider.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2FTim-Burton-s-Alice-In-Wonderlan (691x390, 53K)

Attached: Chesha.png (3300x3000, 2.1M)

Attached: Absalon.png (3300x3000, 2.29M)

Are there even any notable ones?

syfy's Alice maybe, though Tin Man was better. There's a couple edgy Alice video games. I'm hoping to find some other more creative Wonderland stories.

Attached: alice-syfy-dvd3.jpg (355x497, 219K)

Talking about comics.

Any where to follow your art OP?

true, got any you can think of?

Nope this would be the first.

well then, that's an interesting position to be in. Got any ideas of the kinds of things you might like to see in a wonderland comic?

Alice in Wonderland by Erica Awano
Alice in Wonderland by Rod Espinosa

Attached: Rod Espinosa.jpg (800x619, 1.08M)

Im just waiting on one where alice bitch slaps almost all of the characters in wonderland for being insufferable pricks.

Not a comic, but I recommend you to watch the Czech movie "Neco Z Alenky". It's low budget along with the use of porcelain dolls, stuffed animals and puppets made of ordinary objects gives it a special creepy aura.

Attached: 1543995841141.png (1439x1080, 2.33M)

There is a bit in my comic where Hatter tries to kiss Alice because he's convinced she's his dead wife and she smacks him. Doesn't really deter him either, he continues to insist she's his wife against her repeat protests throughout most of the comic. I'm pretty sure the Caterpillar get's a smack too at some point.

cool recommendation, I'll check it out sometime

Here's a storytime of Erica Awano's Alice in Wonderland:
And here's a page that they accidentally skipped.

Attached: RCO009_1476777299.jpg (1011x1600, 418K)

Nice both deserve it.
also im assuming your op so ill say i love your art and the character designs.

This is what Burton's Alice should have looked like.

deviantart.com/alexdealey

^.^ thanks, I really like this juxtaposition between a simple toony art style an sort of twisted world. I also created this series to an opportunity to come with as much weird imagery as I can. I do wonder if maybe a lot of Wonderland interpretations stick to strictly to a particular aesthetic (largely inspired by Disney no doubt)

it is kind of funny how that movie sort of pandered to that edgy hot topic teen crowd without committing to it fully. Like, I see a lot of characters that are meant to appeal to the goth/punk/emo subculture crowd but not a lot of characters that are properly a part of that subculture.

And now here's a copy of Rod Espinosa's Alice in Wonderland.
www89.zippyshare.com/v/Huucec6D/file.html

I think it would add to the surrealism if Alice is always the wrong size, either too big or too small for the locations she's in and the people she's interacting with. Like taking up 2 chairs at the tea party, or struggling to play croquet because she's the same size as the ball. In the original, meeting the Duchess is the only scene where she's explicitly the exact size that she wants to be.

Attached: Alice in Wonderland on Project Gutenberg.png (619x444, 75K)

I should probably sit down with the original novel sometime to get more ideas for things. A lot of what I and most people are familiar with is sort of through cultural osmosis.

Bump