NEW MUTANTS' Maisie Williams Says Reshoots Never Happened & Cast Unclear If It Will Be Released

newsarama.com/44468-even-the-stars-of-new-mutants-don-t-know-if-it-s-coming-out.html
>With the Disney/21st Century Fox buyout now complete, observers are still speculating as to what the ultimate fate of the Fox-produced/Disney-owned New Mutants film will be. And now Wolfsbane actor Maisie Williams says even she's not sure what's going on with the movie, which began filming in 2017 and which currently has a planned August release date.

>“Who knows when the f--- that’s gonna come out,” Williams told Rolling Stone in an interview. “Hopefully this interview will make everyone hurry up a little bit!"

>Williams also explained that planned reshoots for New Mutants - which she says were designed to make the film "scarier" - never took place, leaving even more questions about the fate of the movie, which has suffered signifcant release delays.

>New Mutants was originally scheduled to be released in April, 2018 with a trailer even hitting in late 2017. Then the film was pushed back to November 2018, and finally shunted to February 2019. Now, the film has an assigned release date of August 2, 2019. However, since Disney's purchase of Fox, it's been unclear whether that date would hold.

Attached: NewMutants_poster.jpg?1553617413.jpg (674x1000, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/game-of-thrones-cover-story-maisie-williams-sophie-turner-812203/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/game-of-thrones-cover-story-maisie-williams-sophie-turner-812203/
>[Maisie Williams] does have a big-budget movie in the can, playing the werewolf-y mutant Wolfsbane in the X-Men spinoff New Mutants, but the film seems trapped in corporate limbo, thanks to Disney’s pending purchase of Fox. She doesn’t mince words on the situation. “Who knows when the fuck that’s gonna come out,” she says. There were supposed to be reshoots to “make it scarier,” she explains, but they haven’t actually taken place. She says she saw one of her co-stars, Charlie Heaton, the other day and asked him, “What the fuck is going on with this movie?” He didn’t know either. She smiles. “Hopefully this interview will make everyone hurry up a little bit!” If it does ever come out, both she and Turner — who plays Jean Grey over in the main X-Men movies — are dying to get their characters together. “It would be ridiculously stupid if they didn’t do that,” Williams says.

Attached: R1326_COV_GoTW.jpg (1319x1600, 1.57M)

JUST

Honestly, these last couple of X-Men films that are getting screwed by the buyout don't really feel like gems we're missing much if they don't get as much attention, or get sent to Disney+. X-Men is such a tired movie franchise at this point that I don't mind if Feige waits a couple of years for a slot to put them in the MCU, in fact I'd prefer that, to give the series a break. If there's a phse 5, that's where they should go, or at least late Phase 4.

>x-films are tired
>avengers isn't
K, shill.

Don't you get bored of writing this comment?

You're right, this isn't like Spider-Man where another company still has the rights, there's no need to rush them into the MCU, it makes a lot more sense to wait years and let people's memories of the Fox movies fade first. But this is really kind of sad for everyone who worked on those two movies.

Spider-Man is part of the reason I feel this way. It felt too quick when they got him in the MCU. It had only been a couple years since the Amazing Spider-Man 2 when they put him into Civil War, and I think that actually hurt his franchise.

Rebooting Spider-Man again that quickly after a reboot nobody really cared about certainly wasn't necessary, and the appeal of seeing him interact with the MCU characters is offset by how much about Peter and his supporting cast has been changed. But the majority seem to love him anyway, people still go crazy every time he's on screen.

It was gonna suck anyway

Holland is good in the role, but certain things I feel were directly harmed by how soon after the other reboot it happened. Like tying him so closely to Iron Man to differentiate this Spider-Man from the last one, and emphasize the MCU connections, and not making Uncle Ben explicit in Spidey's origin, to avoid the "let's see Batman's parents get shot for the 5th time" trap.

If X-Men gets fast-tracked into production, or they rush to add them in a side role in a movie later this year, it might have the same problems.

Given that the trailer was about 2 years ago I'm just assuming the studio is just hoping people forgot about it

Hopefully the cast is at least compensated in some way at the least.

Does this count as badmouthing Disney?

Is she gonna get Faceless Manned?

It's not like they did it for free, I'm sure they already got paid.

My god she is fugly

Of course they did. Actors get paid for their valuable time during shooting because filming one movie is saying no to 5 other offers. I'm sure the Film Actors Guild also protects them in some respect.

Point is, box office hurts studios, film quality can hurt careers just from press

Pretty sure Disney's acquisition comes with all Fox's contracts, including ones with the actors for payment.

On a slightly related note, I believe Fox had a contract with Constantin Films, the actual owner of the F4 rights, to distribute all F4 movies pretty much indefinitely. This basically puts Disney in a very powerful position to get what they want, because they have the distribution rights for any Fantastic Four movie Constantin makes, and so have a say in how and when it gets made. They probably have enough power to pressure the smaller company into giving up the rights entirely in a new deal, or they can just wait a few years until the rights automatically revert to Marvel, in which case they're under Disney's control anyway.

If I remember my film business classes correctly, acting talent is considered above the line and thus get paid up front.

unless they ecided to get paid in percentage of the gross profits

>Maisie Williams

>be on vacation in bongland
>see Arya Stark gliding down the sidewalk
>like a graceful penguin with gout
>follow her for a block
>working up courage
>gently touch her shoulder
“H-hello, I’m user. Y-you’re the prettiest girl I’ve seen all day! W-would you join me for dinner?”
>she spins around nearly smashing me in the balls with an Abercrombie bag
>stares intently for a few moments
>then breaks into a grin that looks like she could eat an apple through a chain link fence
“YEH ORLRITE! FAK IT, WHY NOT? I CUD DO WIV SOME FREE GRUB ANNA LITTLE OF THE OL IN OUT!”
>quickly grab her hand and go into the first restaurant I see that has tablecloths
“FAKKIN ELL! POSH ERE INNIT? GLAD I PUT SUM KNICKERS ON!
>she lets out a little giggle that sounds like a horse with it’s leg caught in a wood chipper
>head waiter gives me the stinkeye but leads us to a table
>Arya cocks her head and squints at the menu
“ERE NOW, WATS THIS SHITE? IT’S ORL IN FAKKIN FRENCH! OI CARNT READ THIS, I’LL END UP GETTIN A PLATE OF FAKKIN SNAILS WUNNOI?!?”
>look at the menu. It’s in English, just a fancy script
>she shoves her menu at the waiter
“I WONT PIE AND MASH DUNNOI. PLENTY OF LIKKER ON THA MASH, GUV!”
“I’m sorry, madam, we don-“
“I SED FAKKIN PIE AND MASH M8! AND A PINTA LARGER FOR ME EDACHE!”
>he slinks away without even taking my order
>Arya pulls a pack of Mayfairs from her cleavage and sparks up, ashing in the bread basket
>starts rubbing at her crotch
>brings her fingers up and licks them then cackles
“JOLLY FAKKIN ELL, IT’S ME TIME! OI LUV GITTIN SHAGGED ONNA RAG! GUNNA AVE US A RED WEDDIN INNA LOO, AIN’T WE?”
>look over my shoulder and franticly signal the waiter for the check
>turn around
>Arya is slumped over the table
>raped to death by Pakis

mfw

Maisie Williams is 15x the actor Sophie Turner is.

0 times 15 is still 0.