Spider-Man: Maximum Edge

>Spider-Man: Maximum Edge

What are your thoughts on Shed?

Attached: shed.jpg (187x270, 13K)

I remember this cover scared me shitless back in 2010.

Weirdly enough, I was fine with all the murder and fucked up stuff in the comic itself, it was just this particular Lizard stare that haunted me for a whole.

I thought this was vol 5 of The Gauntlet?

I never got why that was so highly rated, it wasn't a good story. Same with Grim Hunt.

It is part of Gauntlet, yes, but like most of the stories in that period, it largely stands on its own.

I get the feeling I probably would have liked Lizard more as a kid if this wasn't the first story I read that happened to have him in it. He ticks a lot of my personal preferences (good guy turned into monster, friend/mentor of the hero, scientist, overcoming disability as motivation, giant reptiles). Then again I never liked Man-Bat and they are nearly the same character.

This story and Death of the Family were kind of the reasons why I quit comics for a long time.

Spencer’s current Kraven story feels like Grim Hunt 2.0

There are a lot of Spidey comics from the BND that I think were pretty mediocre but had incredible covers

Attached: ties.jpg (842x1280, 129K)

It's pretty good at being horrifying and hopeless, I'll give it that much.
But it's just another "we gotta make this villain as edgy and irredeemable as possible" story and there were more than enough of those at the time.

>This story and Death of the Family were kind of the reasons why I quit comics
How do you feel about the current Batman run if Snyder's was apparently this bad for you

user, Grim Hunt itself is literally Last Hunt 2.0

That's a bit insulting to Last Hunt

Not yet, not until it gets really edgy.

Well written edgy story. Took the atypical Lizard story as far as you can really go. Liked the flight or flight repitle brain powers he had, that was a cool idea.

Everyone likes to praise the Gauntlet, but really the only great stories from it were the Electro, Rhino, and Sandman stories.

Why won't people just let sleeping Kravinoffs lie? Even in the 90s before they decided to just resurrect him they started bring out all his kids that were basically the same person.

It was so edgy, i love zeb wells and bachalo but this was such a trainwreck, and grim hunt was even worse

>i love zeb wells
I see people say this, but I can't honestly think of many great Spidey stories that he wrote and I can think of a number of bad ones.

His early 00s output was really good , his brand new day stuff is either average or completely awful, but even joe kelly had some stinkers during brand new day so i think there might have been some meddling during those days

>Even in the 90s before they decided to just resurrect him they started bring out all his kids that were basically the same person.

That's not really fair, Grim Hunter was a villain's son out to avenge his father, and being a mid-1990s high-tech version of Kraven, then Alyosha was the son who never knew his father, and flipped between possible ally or insane foe to Peter. They were both different enough to justify existing after Kraven's death, but Vladimir died in his second story, and everything unique and new about Alyosha got ignored so people could write and draw him like he was the original Kraven. Then Ron Zimmerman took control of him.

>everything unique and new about Alyosha got ignored so people could write and draw him like he was the original Kraven.
The thing is I feel like this was inevitable. There's no way they wouldn't do that.

>His early 00s output was really good
Even then he had a number of stinkers. I feel like his hits were few and far between