Who would you cast as Batgirl?

Who would you cast as Batgirl?
How would you depict her in a Batman movie?

Attached: N6S6h1o.jpg (400x400, 58K)

Get me a discount, less crazy Amber Heard.

>in a lowtech gritty Batman movie, Gordon has a teenage girl instead of a baby boy
>concludes with Gordons teenage girl being kidnapped by mobsters and rescued by Bruce out of costume, ala Year One

Attached: 1549469015204.jpg (1080x1349, 116K)

Sabrina Lynn

Attached: Sabrina Lynn Punisher.jpg (898x1123, 249K)

>in its sequel Babs a has a Batcrush and desperately wants to meet and help Batman
>maybe she does some 'Batgirl of Burnside' stuff, maybe she does some Oracle stuff, I dunno :\

Attached: 1550104301275.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

is she an actual actress?

Odessa Young(left) from assination nation could make a good Batgirl I think

Attached: assassination-nation-movie-costumes-outfits-th.jpg (768x432, 51K)

she looks like a meth addict

Attached: 1550290684867.jpg (1080x1349, 92K)

why would Batgirl have to be in a Batman movie

this isn't some equality shit, I'm genuinely asking: why does she have to be in the Batman movie, because that is going to affect the choice of actress

like in 1997 they cast Alicia Silverstone because she was pretty, she was petite like Yvonne Craig, and she wasn't expected to carry the whole movie in terms of stunts or face time, because it was a Batman movie and she only had three prior feature roles at that point, but she was big with the magazine-buying teen-twentysomething males that Batman was aimed at

so if we're casting her today for same then it's just Some Chick Who's Often Pictured In Her Panties, because ultimately it's not that important

but if she's going to be the lead in a Batgirl movie, then we're talking name actors, probably someone with a lot of high-end filmlook tv experience rather than an A or B-list movie actor, because that's what you can afford and will still bring in the crowds

>why does a subordinate member of the Batfamily have to be in a Batman movie?
gee, I dunno

>so if we're casting her today for same then it's just Some Chick Who's Often Pictured In Her Panties, because ultimately it's not that important
Who said a supporting actor has to be played by a dullard?

How do you get to a Batgirl movie without first introducing her?

How do you even get a Batgirl movie?

I could see a Robin & Batgirl movie.

Why not both?

Attached: 1553315277595.jpg (1080x1349, 99K)

Fuck that. Babs is Oracle. Steph and Cass are Batgirls.

>maybe she does some 'Batgirl of Burnside' stuff, maybe she does some Oracle stuff, I dunno :\

If you want Cassandra then you have to first introduce her father and that's a whole lot more backstory to develop

What about a Birds of Prey movie

Please for the love of god don't do another origin story of how Babs became Batgirl.
Make her already Batgirl and work from there.

Babs will always be the best Batgirl.

This please

I've never really understood why she becomes Batgirl
Like Bruce and Dick lost their parents
Whats her excuse?
I think retconning Year One with her replacing the baby boy is at least halfway decent

>you have to first introduce her father
Her father is a D list nobody who was introduced the same issue Cass was introduced in.
Her mother is the one who is kind of a big deal.

No you fucking don't. Everyone needs to stop getting so hung up on origins crap. An origin is meant to inform a character, not define them. Thus, if their origin is not immediately relevant to the story at hand, fucking leave it.

Also, Cass' origin is that her dad tried to raise her as a perfect killing machine. Even the drooling retard masses will immediately understand this.

pretty sure Cain was already in the comics
but fine ignore him and have the mother instead
You still have to introduce Lady Shiva and that's a whole lot more backstory to develop

>here's Cassandra Cain, her parents are worldclass assassins and trained her to kill the Bat and she never learnt to speak
>okay folks on with the show
This is Marvel-tier
Its the same shit they did in Suicide Squad

Unlike Dick, Batgirl was already an independent crime-fighter to-be until Batman took her under his wing.
She essentially used Batman's name for fear tactics I suppose like somehow she has ties with Gotham's Dark Knight.

>she was already a crime-fighter and just used the Batname for fear
Oh so shes a Coldsteel

You dont have to introduce Lady Shiva unless you do the storyline where she's trying to 1v1 her daughter to the death.
You absolute mong that's a synopsys of what they'd have to do across the movie she's introduced in, not the description of the scene she's introdued in.
You can probably just have her as a superstrong autist and only mention her daddy issues when it's relevant to what's happening, and if her daddy issues are never relevant to the plot then she's fine to be understood by the casual viewer as a super strong mentally handicapped stray Bruce took in, just maybe hint that there might be something more.

>this suggestion is completely not-monged
user, pls

Attached: 1550268842174.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

The best that ever was in the biz.

Just like mowing the lawn

It's a better idea than the one used in Year One where she just made an OC mascot version of Batman for some party where she saves Bruce Wayne from Killer Moth.

well I never suggested that

Well im not a fucking writer.
I just dont think explaining all her backstory is important unless her backstory is important to the movie, in which case they have upwards of one hour to expose it.
Suicide squad had half a dozen quirky freaks with vastly different powersets and backstories, batpeople are various variations of "unpowered human punches bad guys".

Regardless, her father being David Cain is not really important.

You can go for the angle that she's a big fan of Batfleck from his younger days from stories and newspaper articles and despises to what he's become in BvS.
So in her own volition, she tries to don the cape and tries to fight crime the way Batman used to do.
Idealistically.
She's also Nightwing's age but he's more of Blüdhaven than Gotham's hero so the mantle is ripe for the taking.

If you're gonna make a Batgirl movie, it should have all three of them as a team. I just like the idea of Babs, Steph, and Cass being friends and going on adventures together.

>we don't need to explain the backstory of a character that just appears who the audience has never met and doesn't know
>we can just casually insert it into dialogue at the beginning

Attached: 1550269370977.jpg (2133x3200, 2.41M)

>insert it into dialogue at the beginning
I never said that, is your mother also your aunt?

it is what you said, see

itt: 6s with red hair

Attached: wwii_gems_by_tomoe342-d855f84.jpg (910x878, 133K)

>6s

Attached: 1550103774376.jpg (1080x1227, 125K)

>>we don't need to explain the backstory of a character that just appears who the audience has never met and doesn't know
Well, yeah. We got like two hours of movie to get the audience acquainted with the characters.

I'm not that user
That user is not saying that you should just have one character say that in one line of dialogue

Its a lot easier to introduce Barbara since she is Lt Gordons daughter and you can easily include her in scenes of his home life

Compare this to Cassandra: you need to introduce Lady Shiva and Cain and her training

You dont need to have a Cain and a Shiva character to introduce Cass, unless Shiva is part of the main plot she's unnecessary, unless Cain is part of the main plot he can just be "generic super assassin guy".
Honestly the only thing you'd have to spend time showing is her language thing, other than that "assassin parent trained her" is about as complicated as "acrobat parents tomatoed on the ground".
Heck "she was a batgirl until Joker shot her in the spine to fuck with Batman" is probably the most complicated one, and for the record nobody is saying that Oracle should be introduced by a guy saying "he was batgirl until the Joker shot her in the spine".

You fucking do need her parents otherwise this character just shows up out of nowhere kicking butt like a ninja commando

with no fucking explanation of what she is doing in the film or why shes dressed as batgirl

you don't do the joker shooting batgirl obviously, Babs begins as a teenager duh

Attached: 1550275441444.jpg (1920x1080, 584K)

Unless it's relevant to the plot there's nothing that would damage the movie from the viewer assuming she's just a stray Batman trained, which is more or less the backstory of half the Robins.
And again, showing that her parent trained her does not mean you need to go all "this is david cain, he's really good and shit", and Shiva being her parent doesn't pop up until what, halfway through her series?

Besides it's not like they introduced red room in iron man1, how many movies did Black Widow go on as a generic super spy person?

>redhead
She'll be cast as a black/chinese/spic. But then again DC isn't like marvel.

fuck U Mickey she should have be MJ in Homecoming

>there's nothing that would damage the movie from the viewer assuming she's just a stray Batman trained
>character just appears out of nowhere with no explanation
>yeah the audience is sure to assume batman just trained her off screen
you're also removing everything that makes her interesting and different, bravo
>DC isn't like Marvel
did you see Aquaman? Have you seen the Shazam trailers?

Attached: no..jpg (624x488, 62K)

Peter is a boy and Bruce is a man and she has needs

Attached: 1550279873536.jpg (736x1024, 178K)

who would you choose ?

Attached: 7W58cRb.jpg (1330x1863, 311K)

>yeah the audience is sure to assume batman just trained her off screen
That's the most reasonable assumption considering he trained like half the batfamily, or they could assume he found a super fighter randomly running around Gotham, which is more or less how she was introduced in no man's whatever.
>you're also removing everything that makes her interesting and different
Her being raised by assassins isnt all that unique, her being an illiterate autist that can read fights and wants to be batman is what makes her unique and that's something that needs to be shown during a fight more than narrated in a character introduction scene.
Ofter than that you can just give her a flashback of someone training her to shit as a child somewhere along the movie and you're done, the viewer should be able to have a good enough idea, the fact that the person is super assassin David Cain is not important unless her backstory is relevant to the plot.
Of course this is unless you think the viewer should be obnoxiously spoonfed every bit of information with zero subtlety.

Latex Lucy, In a latex catsuitbatsuit?

Attached: latex lucy.jpg (563x750, 78K)

no its not we know how he adopted Dick, Jason, and Tim and trained them so wtf are you talking about and that would be a component of any film introducing Dick Grayson

Why would Batgirl be Catwoman that makes no sense

Yes it does

Attached: B is for banging.jpg (600x315, 37K)

my god that family

what other red hair hero are in DC ?

then you're either aiming for the chick dolla or you're aiming to hire like three women who look good in panties

>gee, I dunno

you don't know why there would be a Batgirl movie, even after the studio that owns the rights to Batgirl started seriously considering it as a way forward?

>How do you get to a Batgirl movie without first introducing her?

you make a movie called "Batgirl" and have it be an origin story

I mean fuck it's not like we had to have a Shadow movie to get to a Batman movie now is it

she's not even in her panties I'm not sure she can be both