YOU READY FOR TOMORROW???

YOU READY FOR TOMORROW???

Attached: DETECTIVE_COMICS_1000_Main_Lee_CVR_low_res_trade-dress.jpg (1338x1019, 1.98M)

Any of the stories a sequel besides the crime alley one or are they all just self contained?

LOL Batman and Joker look like they're posing for the poster of a mid-90s buddy comedy

Attached: PaulyShore&AndyDick.png (545x521, 644K)

>Batman about to get kinky
>Damian on his phone, because he's a kid
>Nightwing is there, stuffing his face
>Harley about to hit, someone or something, I dunno, who knows, with a bat
the creative prowess of Jim Lee, everyone

>Went to my shop to place the book on hold
>They weren't taking any more orders for the alt covers
>Had to pre order the shitty Jim Lee cover
Welp, I hope they have the Michael Cho cover on the shelves.

Attached: 1519679983656.gif (500x366, 512K)

only ones that interest me are Denny O'Neil and Dini
maybe Priest

Who do you think Arkham Knight is? I think it might be someone actually related to the Arkham family as in an actual blood relative to the asylum's founder.

I don't have a hateboner for Lee's art like all of Yea Forums but what the fuck was he thinking with this shit? It's not the lines but this is the best he came up with for a "group shot"?

>I just realized Tim won't be in it

fuck this gay earth

When did you go? FOC was a month ago at least.

Why? I mean yeah I'm going to spend the 10 dollars for the single floppy but it's mostly just for the tim sale cover (idgaf how anyone feels about it ). The stories all look terrible and Denny and ill even admit Snyder (I don't like his batshit but he wrote enough) are the only two writers worthy of the book. They didn't even reach out to Morrison.

Didio and Lee cheaped out on this and action 1000 to overcharge and make as much money as they could onthe two titles before fucking off. I promise you a year from now they'll have stepped away. Just like Bendis they just wanted to insert their names into history.

>No Morrison
This bothers me a lot.

Last weekend.
I'm retarded lol.

I have a feeling it will be better than AC#1000

He's done enough tho I don't think he really needs 8 more pages written

Isn't Ellis writing one too?

It bothered me a lot until I saw that Didio said everyone they reached out to said yes. Then I realized he didn't reach out to Morrison or many other creators who've done so much for the character over the years and since then I've been furious frankly.

Action comics 1000 and Tec 1000 are for ever going to be irreparable shit stains on the history of American comics.

Tomasi is just as good if not better.

Who gives a shit? That character will be dropped at the end of this year anyways, at the latest when DC reboots somewhere in 2020

>all boring house writers instead of like good Batman writers
That's going to be a no from me, sir

Attached: Batman-The-Blue-The-Grey-And-The-Bat-My-Horse.jpg (630x667, 333K)

He's in two covers (based Gleason's and another). Plus he's in the two-part cover in the issues after it.

What a lame thing to talk about

Would it have killed DC to actually feature some good writers?

Attached: 41zAQLS8V5L.jpg (325x500, 29K)

Shut up retard

Yeah, im not spending $10 on that garbage. My LCS is selling the variants for $25, so miss me with that.

Probably

Attached: The Dark Knight Returns - The Last Crusade (2016-) 001-000b.jpg (1988x3056, 959K)

Yes! We will finally learn the reasons why Wally decided to murder everyone at Sanctuary in the new exciting number of Heroes In Crisis!

Morrison doesn't care about milestone issues.
>No Paul Dini

literally no hype for a once in a lifetime milestone

comics are so dead lol

>who's on the cover of DC #1,000
>Alfred
>Dick
>Damian
>Catwoman
>Harley GODDAMN Quinn

>who isn't on the cover of DC #1,000
>Jason Todd
>Tim Drake

any other pretty egregious errors? I'm not even looking at which villains are there and which aren't

It's one of dozens of covers retard. There's a cover that has all the robins

Sinclair colors are so dated and make Lee look awful

THIS SUMMER

Is it me or is there almost no hype for this? AC 1000 felt like an event. This feels like the first topic I've seen anywhere on the internet with any interest. Which is crazy. It's Batman.

we're all blase from ac1000. it was such a let down

Maybe 1027 will be better.

ROB SCHINER IS

Will Arkham Knight have staying power and more importantly will anyone care once it is revealed who he is?

>Will Arkham Knight have staying power
Yup, he will have the power to stay as long as Tomasi is writing him

Not a very high bar to surpass, only like 2 stories were good and that's being generous

I'm glad my LCS has the Gleason cover as the exclusive. Hope it's still cover price

Attached: Detective-Comics-1000-Color-Exclusive-Comic-Book-Variant-2376049_1024x1024.jpg (700x1000, 112K)

Those colors are so awful, what are the best variant covers of the issue?

>exclusive
>Hope it's still cover price
Yeah, right

I like the Frank Miller cover most.

The best one is Alex Ross, because duh, it's Alex Ross, but you can only order it from his website so fuck that. As for copies you can pick up at the LCS, for me, it's pic related.

Little disappointed Mike Allred didn't do one. His AC1000 was the best imo

Attached: STL111914_6e2a67dc-c43d-4e0d-beff-c181e23b4276.jpg (1193x1800, 425K)

I love the Alex Ross one but I feel like they should've saved it for #1027

What is the special occasion for 1027?

Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27.

I think it would be fitting if Bruce died for good in #1027.

It's an excuse for another "milestone". Kind of like how DC500 was the "500th issue", but DC526 was the "500th appearance". I imagine they'll do the same thing for 1026, or 1027 for people that struggle to count and will be confused by 26.

Action Comics (also by Gleason) was

Did Allred do any batman runs?

>his LCS is Massachusetts' hot topic
In all fairness I'm happy the Gleason variants were in my region so I shouldn't shit on them.

I know their AC is marked down if you bundle em and I do think it's cover price AC was there IIRC

He did the a couple issues of Batman 66 near the end, but did all the covers throughout. He did Batman 66 meets the Legion of Super-Heroes (this is one of the best 1 shots of the last few years, everyone should read it). He also did a story in Black & White, and a section of World's Funnest. That's all. I wish there was more because he's my favorite interior artist ever (Alex Ross is my favorite cover guy)

Thank you, I will dig around.

Oh he also did the covers to Batman 66 meets Wonder Woman 77. and Batman 66 meets Archie

I AM SO FREAKING READY.

Tom King's story isn't a sequel, but it's a companion piece to the story he did for Action 1000 - trying to say something about what makes Batman Batman, just like he was trying to say something about what makes Superman Superman.

expect a $25 price range, bud. it's going to hurt.

Ellis really puzzles me as a choice for this. But I guess they asked him and he said yes.

> no Babs in her current suit.
> No Tec team variant.
> Kate gets no solo variant since she held the book for a slight period.
> too many goddamn Harley Quinn variants.

My problem with DC1000 is that the largest page count goes to that fat hack Tomasi, because this issue is technically just part of his run after all!! And all this to introduce a video game tie in character. His run is so bad ladies and gentlemen. This is unacceptable. DC1000 will go down as worse than AC1000 just by virtue of not being its own thing.

>Tec team variant

My man.

> worse than AC1000 Bendis story.
> Bendis doing a hundred times more damage than a harmless video game introduction.

>monumental milestone issue
>Johns, Kevin Smith, Tomasi and Tynion
why bother

Bendis thing was like 8 pages. Tomasi will have like 30

Pretty sure it's 10 at most.

Okay, it's 12.

Well it can't be more disappointing than action 1000.

They have to give the stories to the DC good boys or else they'd be admitting that they don't deserve to be the ones who write it.

You didn't like any of the stories from Action 1000?

AC1000 shilled Bendis' garbage ass MoS mini you stupid fuck.

Ya you're right. Man how could they fuck up AC1000 and DC1000 within a year span.

>I know where every single one of those Batmen came from
>MFW I probably know more about Batman than DC's editors

This is why I read manga now.

Attached: batrain.gif (448x256, 449K)

that's worse tho

Paul Dini's story was pretty fun.
Tom King's bit was the first thing of his I have ever read in my life and it felt like a more fulfilling Bendis (in a good way)
I already forgot what Kevin Smith's story was and I literally finished it minutes ago.

Because good chance, like AC1000, it will be a thinly veiled ad for the next Batman run instead of fun short stories like the Mysteries of Love and Space issue

Fabok Variant has everybody on it in their current costume(expect Pete Woods shitty red hood outfit that nobody likes)

Attached: D5FFC0A2-7C24-42CA-9B9C-993BE1F97187.jpg (1024x779, 348K)

Only one story in each of the books is an advertisement for the next creative team's arc. There's a chance that Snyder will be doing something with his short story, but probably not anytime soon, unless it's part of his ridiculous Justice League saga.

Didio and Lee are grimy, piece of shit leeches

>Detective Comics #1000
>no Human Target stories

gay

>Lee does more a story with Kevin Smith and a million fucking variants
>won't finish ASBAR
asshole

The show failed, tho.

The number of covers that feature Harley prominently is a god damn crime no matter how you slice it. She's on more of the variant covers than Dick fucking Grayson.

>only one
Spoken like a true shill and a damn fool.

>shilling
=
>pointing out the vast majority of stories are NOT an advertisement for the next run.

;_;

I think you mean Ric Grayson

he's apparently doing a batman book with hitch

It was a mix of alright and good, but nothing truly great and deserving of the #1000.

Also the end of it just being set up for Bendis dragged the whole thing down and is now a mark on the history of Superman that will always been seen by anyone looking back on 1000.

>like a shill
Learn English ahkmed

AC1000 wasn't terrible. It was just alright. Just alright isn't good enough for the first thousand issue in American comics. Read Superman 400 to see what a real milestone issue looks like.

Oh and it was used to shill the new heroes that have almost all been discarded by now AND tried to push the idea that Harley Quin was a hero.

Almost forgot that one.

Was that the one that had the story about the far future where a bum finds Superman's suit and starts a revolution?

That was a good one.

I agree that the Bendis story wasn't very good, and Jim Lee's art wasn't that great either (especially compared to For Tomorrow or Unchained). However, I think all of the writers did their best to write about what Superman means to them. You can't force a "great" story - they mostly happen by accident. You can, however, do a celebratory issue which tries to have a lot of fun stuff that says fun things for the fans about their favorite character. I'm okay with the latter, and will also be on the lookout for "great" stories that happen by accident.

What new heroes did they shill in Action 1000?

Sideways, Silencer, and I think Damage along side the Immortal Men.

I can't believe what happened to you Harl

shit cover

Christ, I wish so much Darwyn Cooke was still alive to do one of these.

I miss him every day, guys. :(

Apparently some of the variants are gonna be at trade prices. They're gonna make BANK on collectors.