So did Snyder agree with Manchester?

So did Snyder agree with Manchester?

Attached: CHWTuJV.jpg (1024x1585, 534K)

Probably

Manchester Black doesn’t get enough love. Also why the hell was he a literal black guy on Supergirl?

I mean it's not like his ethnicity is relevant to his particular character, so why not cast a black actor to play him?

Because Asians and Latinos are far more underrepresented in media than Blacks. So you tell me why Manchester Black wasn't an Asian actor.

I don't know. I like it when he is a Sid Vicious look alike.

>Also why the hell was he a literal black guy on Supergirl?
The bigger sin was the costume. Like seriously I was fine with him being a black brit but put a hint of effort in the costume.

Attached: manchester.jpg (600x600, 61K)

Kinda fucked up considering we already have a surplus of black characters with “black” in their name.
>I said why don’t we call you White Fish?

but that's literally his costume 1:1.

Black Africans in Britain are a tiny part of the population, why not a paki or an Indian?

>& the american way
Woah tone down that patriotism kent

Black Africans make up more of the population of London than any other non-white ethnicity though?

But what's the problem with casting a black actor?

Why Manchester and Magog never joined forces again?

Because they wouldn't work well together.

I thought most of UK immigrants were Indians.

You don't see a key missing factor?

The Union Jack isn’t a shirt, it’s supposed to be a tattoo

Hold overs from WWI.

Attached: tumblr_ol2tkmlQk01ugw99ko1_1280.png (490x765, 709K)

there's also a decent number of African immigrants, especially from Nigeria I believe. But yeah the demographic breakdown of London's population by ethnicity goes 1.White British, 2.White Other, 3.Black African & Black British

What’s the problem with being accurate to the source material? Doesn’t it kind of devalue black characters if all Hollywood does is just swap out white characters?

Jamaica too.

sure, if all they did was that then that'd be stupid, but since they are also using originally black characters it isn't

Jamaicans are listed as Black Carribean on UK demographics stuff, not Black African & British, which is the group being mentioned though

But it still does? Moreover if I say made Black Lightning white, Hispanic, or whatever, there would be an uproar given that his main characterization is being an educator trying to better his community. Or what of Steel, a brilliant man who chose to fill the void Superman left when thought dead? It’s a two way street

There are a lot of important and iconic white characters, so race swapping one of them isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. There are far fewer black characters of equivalent importance, so it's a much bigger deal if you get rid of one of them. If we get to the point where it's genuinely tricky to find comics or movies or tv shows with white male protagonists, I'll agree with you, but it isn't.

when the black guy introduced himself as manchester black i had to pause the episode to laugh at the fact that they turned the guy with black as his surname black

jokes aside the only problem i see with this is that the blue hair looked like ass on him, and barely blue
actor was great tho, so whatever

Hypocrite.

He’s right you know. You’re demanding an exception, not the rule

>Muh moral high ground BS
All meaningless superfags.

Attached: RCO029_1551867604.png (355x557, 336K)

Did you forget that Johns stated that it was Moore who forced him to write edgy comics at gunpoint?

God Doomsday Clock is stupid

Superman never actually refutes them. He just pulls the exact same "I'm stronger so suck it up" narrative

>Samefagging like this
So what, do we need to have all characters adjust to the ethnic ratio of their countries?

>So what, do we need to have all characters adjust to the ethnic ratio of their countries?
no, that seems unnecessary. I was just pointing out why making minority characters white is considered worse than making white characters into minorities

Holy shit you're right, I never noticed.

>Samefagging
And just like that you’ve resorted to shitposting because you couldn’t think of a good argument. Be better, user

I don't know if he ever points it out in the comic, but he definitely mentions that it's a tattoo in the cartoon.

No. By all means, what you are saying is hypocrisy based on racist ideologies. Nothing else. Your "rule" is nothing more than hypocrisy.

Jesus who’s the colorist for this arc. It looks horrendous.

>No you, you racist lol
Really user? I don’t think it’s too much to ask for real equality ie the same rules applying to everybody. What you fail to realize is that you’re essentially pointing out race by default and only further pushing for segregation sadly. And I’m sure people would be equally upset if someone like Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle was race swapped black for no discernible reason. You can’t have your cake and eat it too

the rules do apply for everybody, only the rules' application requires circumstances that are not common to every character

So you admit they don’t apply to everybody if they cater to a demographic you personally have investment in

>a demographic you personally have investment in
i give zero shits about black people
i'm just not a moron, i understand that if a character's race is not of note then the character getting raceswapped is not, by itself, of note
if a character's race is rare for that kind of character then it is of note for that reason

Snyder ERPs as Manchester Black.

Then why aren’t we allowed to have Steel as a different ethnicity? Or Black Manta?

Seriously man he’s explained why four fucking times. Are you a goddamn moron or just butthurt that your wrong?

But neither character requires them to be black. That’s my point

>Or Black Manta?

Attached: you absolute smoothbrained inbred.jpg (590x879, 342K)

>requires
With those goalpost moving skills you should seek employment at stadiums.

You realize he was full of shit, right? Just like the utopia thing he pitched just to make Aquaman look racist. The core of Black Manta’s character is being a Capt Ahab tier, obsessed pirate who will do anything to make Arthur’s life hell

How is that moving goalposts? I wouldn’t suggest Black Panther for example, because his heritage is a huge part of his character just like Luke Cage.

>a black character whose entire theme is based on a specific historical black figure and even has the original figure's name
>make him white
You can do it with just about any black superhero except for him. He's the worst example for white swapping and you knew it, you shitposter.

Ah, forgot about the John Henry thing for a minute, thanks. I stand corrected

> How is that moving goalposts?
"Of note" does not mean "requires"
Scarcity of engineer blacks means Steel being black is of note, it's not *required* for him to be black but him being black is notable, particular, it sets him (and mister Terrific, off the top of my head) aside from the abundance of white nerd types.

Also he was the only non-white guy in the war of supermen shebang, for obvious reasons.

Because it's not possible. Dignity, honor, justice, and dreams are amazing things, but you need plenty of leverage if you want to apply them in a meaningful capacity. Without his demigod nature, Supes' "fighting" would be far less effective.

The idea is that the public is only ok with edgy killers if they believe that there's a truly moral force above them that makes sure things never go out of control or play out to their logical ends. The US is pretty corrupt right now so bear with me, but it's the difference between celebrating the Punisher for 'doing what cops won't do' and actually having the Punisher making laws to shoot criminals on sight.
If the top dog, Superman, was an asshole we'd end up with a reign of terror like in Injustice. When he's a good guy who pussies out on killing, people are generally happier and feel safe enough to cheer on Manchester Black because they know Superman'll pick up the pieces so it never really goes too sour

Not only racist, but highly hipocrititcal.