In the grand scheme of things concerning the MCU, this film is pretty useless and forgettable

In the grand scheme of things concerning the MCU, this film is pretty useless and forgettable.

Attached: Captain-America-Civil-War-127250-Detail.jpg (600x900, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZuB6FQez0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No this is in the top 5 of MCU movies, plus they would have won in IW if they hadn't split up because of their fight so CW was important

>shows the avengers breakup which sets the stage for infinity war
weak b8

useless, no, forgettable, yeah pretty much.

I get why it was necessary, but it's still a plot I really didn't like to begin with and the ACTUAL conflict is pretty mundane and ultimately not worth the time.

Yup. It's the reason I dropped the MCU and haven't watched it or any other movie these hacks put out. The Russos really are hacks, with a couple cool gimmicks, but hacks nonetheless... They don't know how to build up, just tear down, destroy and have to get retcon later.

>NO MORE SHIELD

Oh wait

>NO MORE AVENGERS

Oh wait..

>NO MORE AVENGERS AND GOTG AND DR

Oh wait...

How about NO MORE RUSSOS?

It was just done to give some of the actors breaks and put out new movies.

In the grand scheme of things it's literally "gosh Tony, I didn't wanna ruin our friendship!" and "hmm I understand but I'm mad!".

Really it's the most pointless of all the MCU movies. All it was was an attempt at getting black panther into the Avengers storyline and that really should not have been more than 10-15 minutes

Technically the Russos break up the formula of Marvel....THEN Marvel goes, "Nope. Everything has to be perfect." Marvel is Will Ferrell in "Lego Movie", lol.

Yeah but that breakup doesn't lead to anything good, you don't get anywhere destroying all the groups and people and places. You can't build off that. They write themselves into holes. It ends before it begins.

It had based Zemo and introduced Wakanda.

Did Zemo ever put on his mask or was he just a person the entire time?

>Introduced Black Panther and Wakanda
>Introduced Spider-Man
>Introduced Ant-Man to the extended universe
>Set up the two split partiies in Infinity War
>introduced WandaxVision
>was the culmination of the build up between an increasingly anxious Stark and an increasingly untrusting Rogers.

>useless

Attached: 1551763550662.png (500x300, 42K)

>>Introduced Spider-Man

You mean ruined Spider-Man forever and completely blew any chances of having an actual MARVEL cinematic universe and not just useless brands represented by overly pretty people?

That's why CW is the worst thing they put too -- introducing the cancer of universe that is Tom Holland and his complete anti-Peter. Not to mention they showed how they literally didn't read a single issue of Civil War because they didn't incorporate anything Spider-Man actually did in Civil War.... Remember Peter sided with Stark, got betrayed and went to Cap. MCU has Peter sucking Stark's dick the whole time. Complete opposite story...

It’s the culmination of Cap and Tony’s character arcs

Cap went from being an unabashed patriot to a more skeptic regarding government power. The Hydra infiltration of SHIELD made him less trustworthy of oversight and limits on individuals.

Tony went the opposite way. He went from being the most individualistic in his first movies, not wanting to share the Iron Man tech with the US government to recognizing that there needs to be oversight from Ultron.

The Accords acted as the catalyst to express this change in philosophy and lead to ramifications that reverberated the MCU. Had the Avengers not split, Cap and Tony could have felt with the Thanos invasion in a much more comprehensive and coordinated manor. Their failure to compromise in Civil War will hopefully be touched on in Endgame.

I hated Spiderman because his establishing moment is to be a naive unthinking moron who aids the government in oppressing other superheroes.

New spiderman is an easily fooled idiot.

He never once considered the possibility CAPTAIN AMERICA might be right about Stark?

Disgusting.

Correct. The tragedy is simple. BOTH characters failed to explain their motivations fully to the other.

>STARK: "I made Ultron BECAUSE I was a rogue with unchecked power. I need oversight."

>STEVE: "I made HYDRA's master plan almost happen because I followed orders too many times. I need more scope for individual action."

>BOTH: "I get your point. Let's compromise."

Even if you don't like the plot, at least Civil War has some pretty fucking cool action sequences.

My nigga. That's what I'm talking about. They botched Spider-Man so hard.

I really hate how they left out Nitro too. Nitro is one of the few bad-ass villains in Marvel who actually makes a difference. He comes around every few years and completely fucks everyone up and then vanishes again.

This movie would have made more sense if it followed the original idea of team vs Nitro, Nitro blowing everyone up, super-heroes getting the blame from the public instead of the villain. That plot actually works on a metaphorical level of terrorism too. Terrorist blows something up, it's the victims that get blamed for it.

I think it would’ve worked better if the team hadn’t already been split at the end of age of ultron

My friend is a huge MCU fag and he brought this same thing up the other day.

I watch all the same movies as him and think most MCU flicks are 5/10 fine and serviceable. To clarify, I like comics and comic movies I just don't think most of them warrant a rewatch.

He rewatches all of them and thinks they are like master pieces. Anyway even he was saying Civil War wasn't that great even though he liked parts of it. He came back from Captain Marvel saying it was fine but somehow he kind of hated it and found it formulaic.

I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet and plan to however I get the feeling that even normies are catching on that these movies are kind of samey and not really as important as they claim.

It was a rush job because Disney feared the Batman. The Russo Puppets even admitted as much in interviews.

>set the stage
Laughable. Infinity War would have gone down the same way with or without Civil War. Remember the comics? Oh right you don't read them.

>Introduced Ant-Man to the extended universe
That happened in Ant-Man

>Set up the two split partiies in Infinity War
Literally irrelevant. A unified party failed to stop Thanos in the comic version of the story.

>introduced WandaxVision
Weekend at Ultron's did that.

>was the culmination of the build up between an increasingly anxious Stark and an increasingly untrusting Rogers.
You already described split parties. You're repeating yourself.

You could also introduce Spider-Man at any point outside of Civil War and it would still work. Civil War was useless.

>Infinity War would have gone down the same way with or without Civil War.
Russo's stated a big reason why they lost was because "Steve and Tony were not together."

>Remember the comics? Oh right you don't read them.
MCU is not 1 for 1 of the comics, retard. I thought people would've understood this after a decade.

>Russo's stated
Of course they did. They had to justify Civil War (which they also directed).

>MCU has Peter sucking Stark's dick the whole timke
Don't forget that Peter doesn't even know what the hell is going on. Nobody bothers to tell him WHY there's a superhero Civil War. He's just there on a favor to Tony.

The exact same thing can be said for Ant-Man, he's just doing a favor for Steve.

Hell, Black Panther only really cared about getting revenge for his father. Despite being at the accords to sign the superhero oversight bill, he never actually talks about the issue in the entire film.

So you had roughly half the heroes in the hero civil war not giving a shit about the actual civil war. But not only that, the reason Captain America and Iron Man fight each other isn't about the civil war. By that point, Tony had already forgiven Steve for that. They fight because of a last minute revelation.

I don't care about what anyone said, the third act is 10/10 pure unfiltered capekino.

>MCU is not 1 for 1 of the comics, retard. I thought people would've understood this after a decade

And that's why the MCU is invalid and unwatchable, retard. I wanted movies based on comics not movies based on comic covers, fan art and cosplay. We point out the differences to point out how they don't do their research or homework and thus shouldn't be allowed to handle these properties in the first place.

>I really hate how they left out Nitro too. Nitro is one of the few bad-ass villains in Marvel who actually makes a difference. He comes around every few years and completely fucks everyone up and then vanishes again.
>This movie would have made more sense if it followed the original idea of team vs Nitro, Nitro blowing everyone up, super-heroes getting the blame from the public instead of the villain. That plot actually works on a metaphorical level of terrorism too. Terrorist blows something up, it's the victims that get blamed for it.

Nice try, shill.

no, that's a good thing. This is why the Civil War movie is actually watchable.
>Infinity War would have gone down the same way with or without Civil War
this is just laughable.

I'm sorry you don't read comics and don't have any original fucking opinions..

Shill.

>>Infinity War would have gone down the same way with or without Civil War

I never said that. Where the fuck are you getting this? I don't even grace "Thanos Doesn't Chase After Death Incarnate" with any of my time or money. I prefer the original which no one read.

Keep sucking Russo cock though.

Thought you'd be the same user
>Keep sucking Russo cock though.
gladly.

>Y-you didn't read the comics casual!

I read it back then, and it was a fucking piece of shit that fucked up Marvel for a decade. Even now the ramifications of that thing are felt, and not even in a good way. The only casual here is anyone who thinks that shitty comic was better than the movie. Yeah, the one where no one (other than Wolverine, and by a different writer) stops to think "yeah maybe we should all go after the missing supervillain who blew up Stamford instead of worrying about superhero registration" is peak fucking writing. Fuck off, casual.

>IT WILL CHANGE THE MCU FOREVER!!
>Ant-Man 2 barely acknowledges it
>in IW Rhodey is like "Fuck Ross LOL" and completely forgotten
at least they got that shit straight from the comics right

Imagine actually defending comic Civil War

Imagine having such Yea Forums-tier reading comprehension you guys think I'm defending comic Civil War.

I love you stupid fucks read something, assume the complete opposite of what's being convey and then argue against your own made-up projecting bullshit. I'd tell you too read comics, but you obviously can't even read Internet posts.

Here's your mud back. Enjoy your "comic" movies because you're too illiterate to enjoy comics that's for fucking sure.

Attached: 1318297290934 (1).jpg (256x256, 29K)

Reminder the only reason we even got a Civil War movie was that casuals like sharing pictures of Iron Man and Cap fighting and going "DUR WHEN BE CIVIL WAR?!!"

They just made the movie around the out of context panels they saw on their social media feeds.

>Imagine having such Yea Forums-tier reading comprehension you guys think I'm defending comic Civil War.
>You know what would be cool, bringing in NITRO.

Fuck off, you dumb shilling backpedaler.

This. This X 100. All the movies they've been coming up with since Civil War are based on social media trends, not comics or stories. Like Spider-Man:Homecoming. That's what it was described as on social media, a homecoming, so they literally just made a movie based around that... Not a comic. Not an arc. Not an actual run or story.... Social media posts.

Don't defend the Russos, they're as guilty as MCU execs if not more.
Fuck those guys.

>DUR BASED ZEMO AS ORDINARY GUY IN A SUIT

Fuck off Russo, read a comic for fucking once. I know it's too intellectually hard for you grasp adapting something and just have to make up your own thing and slap other names on it like the hack and parasite you are, but you don't have to make it this obvious.

You can try to adapt a comic Russo.

Filler Episode: The Movie

Attached: 1_xvU7rLO4sGBe-3TQxb-Vzw.jpg (1024x1447, 381K)

It's one of the best MCU movies and has some of the best MCU writing.

>I'm not defending the Civil War comic!
>REEEEEE RUSSO YOU SHOULD READ A COMIC

Pathetic.

Russo's give you Scooby-Doo...

>End of movie: "NO MORE MYSTERY GANG!"

>Scooby-Two immediately announced on Twitter.

Hacks. Bonafide hacks.

Cap and Tony still haven't seen each other since this film. How can you say it's useless in the grand scheme of things when we haven't even seen that reunion yet?

How desperate does someone have to be to say that MCU Civil War was a bad film by trying to lie and claim the comic was better?

>Remember the comics? Oh right you don't read them.
What the fuck do comics even have to do with this

>He still doesn't get it.

Try growing three more brain cells before replying to my posts.

>They fight because of a last minute revelation.
It's obviously not just that. Under different circumstances, Tony might've taken the revelaiton differently. But here, at the climax of a heated conflict, he gave in to his emotion.

>Cap and Tony still haven't seen each other since this film.
>It's really been 3 years
>Endgame will be their last movie together
Fuck

Attached: 1529671946740.jpg (280x385, 39K)

user, the original Infinity Gauntlet is literally just as retarded. It begins in a Silver Surfer ongoing, with the prophecy being that Surfer is the only one who can stop Thanos. But all Surfer does is fall on Earth and fail to snatch the gauntlet away from Thanos. He's literally cucked by Adam Warlock out of what's supposedly his story because Starlin has a hard-on for Warlock and Thanos frenemy relationship.

>this film is pretty useless and forgettable
The MCU in a nutshell.

Nah basically all of Hawkeyes character development is in this movie. It also introduced Scarlet Witch and Vision. Plus the Sokovia incident is what allowed the accords to be created in Civil War. It's also the film that made Hulk decide to fly off into space.

>Can't argue with anything in the posts

What next, more insults and dodges to pretend you weren't defending that comic?

It's a weird one because whilst watching it you don't feel like much is happening. However if you skipped it you would actually miss quite a lot.

K, shill

I didn't like how that celebrated giant fight scene ended up as a draw.

Yeah civil war is really meaningless in the scope of things. Rhodes being crippled never comes up again. The accords aren’t enforced. Heroes that were pro accords still work with heroes who were anti accords.

The only thing that they wanted to stick was cap and tony not speaking apparently

The Avengers are in the state they are at the beginning of Infinity War directly because of this film. No Civil War means no "Secret Avengers" off somewhere where they can't be directly contacted when there's another New York alien attack. It means no hidden tryst between Vision and Scarlet Witch that nobody can no about, meaning they don't get ambushed, and Vision damaged early in the fight, making him less useful. An Avengers that were united from the beginning of the movie could have given Earth a fighting chance it didn't have, meaning Civil War radically defined the movies that came after.

I guess you could also count Black Panthers dad dying but they could have easily fit that into his origin movie if it wasn't here.

Without Surfer and Warlock this isn't an Infinity War story is what I'm saying. Without Death this isn't an Infinity War story is what I'm saying. You can't just leave out parts and call it the same thing is what I'm saying. You can't just take the name of something and slap whatever you want on it and still say it's an "adaption" of the thing.

This is not a matter of better or worse it's a matter of respect for what they're just blatantly using.

I'll put my guard back down and implore you to read the sentences above and mediate on them for a second and maybe you'll stop accusing me of something I didn't do or say.

Then why do you still watch comic movies? There hasn't been a single 100% faithful adaptation. The closest you'll get is Sin City and 300.

Exactly, Russo's make shit up by the seat of their pants.

>No more SHIELD.... Oh wait there is a SHIELD show and SHIELD came back in Age of Ultron.

This why their bullshit destructive tendencies are a hackfest. It's useless drama.

>Then why do you still watch comic movies?

I don't anymore. I lost faith completely and don't even waste my time with them.

>this film is pretty useless and forgettable.
You mean, like any other MCU movie aside IM1? I mean, there is literally nothing in these movies aside quips. I can remember WS having some good action scenes, but nothing else. GotG having some good soundtrack and nothing else. There is literally zero (0) memorable things in MCU movies. And they have 20+ of them. How did they managed to made all of it so sterile?

Attached: IMG_20180901_132216.jpg (320x248, 22K)

>Is funny how easy is to detect people like you who pretends they are into comics for some time before it became a normie thing

It's easy to see people like you who watch movies and pretend to care about comics while going "DUR NOT AM STRAIGHT ADAPTION"

If you ordered a cheeseburger from a restaurant and they gave you a California roll with a slice of cheese on it, are you gonna go "WELL ITS NOT A STRAIGHT MENU ADAPTION THEY CAN MAKE STUFF UP?"

Why do you buy false products?

>How did they managed to made all of it so sterile?

Hollywood.

Hollywood wants to Hollywood it and make it like everything else they make. They can't accept different ideas or tropes, they have their formulas and tropes and refuse to do anything else.

Are you retarded? It sets the stage because the Avengers are broken up in Infinity War, if you only watched Avengers 2 you'd be like "wtf why are they mad at each other and why is Captain America on the run." That has nothing to do with Thanos killing everyone you drooling retard.

Also guarantee I've read more comics than you mate. Didn't read Civil War though cause I was too busy reading Annihilation at the time which was an actual GOOD event. Comics provide inspiration for movies not templates for them to adhere to. This has been true going all the way back to Donner's Superman.

>No more SHIELD... Oh wait there is a SHIELD show and SHIELD came back in Age of Ultron.
just because the SHIELD organization was destroyed doesn't mean all the not-Nazi agents and everything they had just automatically despawned or something, all Fury did in AOU was get a helicarrier and it took him near half the movie

Attached: nick-fury-gif-5.gif (263x149, 1023K)

I liked it, felt like a nice way see how the new team was going and a good way to show strength between em.

Hopefully they do a Thunderbolts movie for Phase 4.

They got Zemo still around, he wasn't as evil as his main comic incarnations, if they wanted a hero Zemo as Citizen V, i think it can work.

also you can bring back minor baddies like The Leader, Abomination, Batroc the Leaper and maybe Arnim Zola.

could also have Hawkeye in the main cast since he's always on every team lol.

>Expecting NU/co/ to understand the pretty basic plot points from Marvel movies

>And that's why the MCU is invalid and unwatchable, retard. I wanted movies based on comics not movies based on comic covers, fan art and cosplay.
Under your logic most, if not all, the cape films are unwatchable because they are not based totally to the comics right?
Is funny how easy is to detect people like you who pretends they are into comics for some time before it became a normie thing

>Rhodes being crippled never comes up again
I mean, Stark fixed that shit.

>The accords aren’t enforced.
You didn't watch Antman & Wasp or IW right?

>Heroes that were pro accords still work with heroes who were anti accords.
This happened after the Black Order went to Earth to find the stones and Ross was a bitch about working with outlaws.

>I'll put my guard back down and implore you to read the sentences above and mediate on them for a second and maybe you'll stop accusing me of something I didn't do or say.

You mean like your defending of the Civil War comic?

I mean technically....Whedon is the one that wrote AOU.

You mean you still can't read and just want to troll? I put my anger aside, you didn't.

Return to pleddit if you want a fucking fight so badly shitposter.

It proves they aren't talking, aren't coordinating and basically just making movies as they go along. That's not a cinematic universe, that's what they were starting out to avoid.

>I mean, there is literally nothing in these movies aside quips.
Okay, name one (1) character in CW who quips aside from Spider-Man and Ant-Man who only appear in the middle for half an hour.

Why are you unable to appreciate them as separate things? Do you get triggered over alt universes like 1610 or Earth 1? I've been reading comics for 20 years and I've long since learned not to get triggered over different interpretations of these characters whether on the page or the screen. Doesn't mean I LIKE all the interpretations, just that don't get triggered over them being different. And they are always at least slightly different because they are corporate mascots passed around by a bunch of writers and artists. If you can't deal with this then you should really stop concerning yourself with capeshit. Go read Maus, or SCUD, or Starstruck or something. I'll continue reading all kinds of comics AND continue watch comic movies, enjoying the ones I like regardless of how the details differ from the decades of material they have to draw from.

What would be the point if they went one for one, you’d know line by line how it would happen

gee it's almost like how the comics were built

Black Widow.

>an ex-con joins wanted metahuman fugitives circumventing international law in sheltering and protecting a known assassin suspected of a terrorist attack on an UN summit from government agents
>gets home arrest
Wow. Truly earthshattering consequences.

Attached: 1553460058551.jpg (486x527, 33K)

did you even read my post
SHIELD not existing is very much a thing in AOU
Fury literally even says it
>I'm not the director of anybody anymore...
the most egregious thing here is Fury still having an eyepatch, that is something that would make sense to bitch about albeit despite how minor it is

>A unified party failed to stop Thanos in the comic version
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA
That's really the best excuse you came up with?

>Laughable. Infinity War would have gone down the same way with or without Civil War. Remember the comics? Oh right you don't read them

Check our this colossal retard who doesn’t pay attention to plot.

Outside of Thanos and the Gaunlet, Infinity War would have been a almost completely different movie if the events of Civil War never happened. They literally go out of there way to address the fallout of Tont and Steve when he is in the Sanctum Sanctorum.

>I put my anger aside, you didn't.

Yeah, you put your anger aside so much that you kept responding.

Because that's what I came to see, those exact lines, those exact moments, in a different medium. One day an innovate, creative director is going to give you panel-per-panel moments in movies and you'll see the light.

>did you even read my post

I did, that's the point I was making, you're rationalizing the bad writing. Writing it yourself to make sense what they don't even put effort into making sense. Movies are so compartmentalized actors have no clue what's even going on until they see it, it's all green screens. They don't know what makes into the movie, things are divided so much like that all those details SOMEONE should have been looking at get lost.

Nigger, you keep responding to feed your fucking (you) addiction. Where the fuck do you think you are? All you people do is seek out disagreement and attack, attack, attack. I give you one moment of reprise from that to honestly answer your loaded fucking question just to get attacked more.

This is why I don't waste time here anymore. What value is this discussion to any of us? It's just you fucks taking your anger out on the Internet..

Sorry you have shitposting addiction to feel smarter than people user.

Attached: 1259399349322.png (634x508, 20K)

>Writing it yourself
literally how
what did I make up
>all Fury did in AOU was get a helicarrier and it took him near half the movie
this is what literally happened
>I'm not the director of anybody anymore...
this is what was literally said

stop niggerposting already christ
there is plenty to bitch about the MCU without making stuff up

This was useless and forgettable as soon as I walked out of the theater.

It's really good, but the problem is that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Accords.

I don't remember her quipping

not him but I can remember... a few?
>You could at least recognize me.
when she took on the Winter Soldier, refusing to thank Falcon's red wing, quick quip with Hawkeye during their fight, and there was some friendly banter between her and Tony
>Tony: I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?
>Widow: Oh, I want to take it back now.
>Tony: No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. Unprecedented.
but I actually think, generally speaking, Civil War was when the cast was at its best. that especially includes the debut superheroes Spider-Man and Black Panther.

Attached: i'm-very-sorry.png (1366x570, 972K)

Civil War would have worked better as a mini-series, or a season of a television show where there's all the build up to, and the finale finally features Iron Man and Captain America coming to blows after everything that happens over the course of a season.

>literally how
>what did I make up

That there was some kind of communication on the subject of SHIELD coming back in Age of Ultron to the Russos. That's what I thought you were saying, because that's what I was saying -- there was none and you didn't seem to agree with that?

if there was no "communication" than Fury wouldn't still be wearing his inconspicuous hobo hat and literally talking about how, y'know, SHIELD is done.
>SHIELD coming back in Age of Ultron
what

if you want to bitch about something bitch about how he still has his eyepatch, if you actually watched the movies you'd know what I mean.

this movie sucks and is the reason why infinity war sucks. if the heroes didn't break up then infinity wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't have had to have a fucking sequel to fix what happened in infinity war

so fucking stupid and pointless and a waste of audiences time.

Superheroes need to be pretty shallow characters to keep fantasy working. Because real people with significant firepower would enforce all sorts of disagreeable shit and that's not what we want to see about Superheroes.

So they have to stick to vague "team good guys" where they never abuse their power or try to enforce something that they think is very good and important but barely anyone else does.

And any attempt to pit them against one another is dumb.

Nevermind. I tried.

Attached: 1396763149629.gif (500x250, 492K)

>I tried.
no you really didn't, you couldn't make an argument because there was no argument to be made
youtube.com/watch?v=pZuB6FQez0M

>This is why I don't waste time here anymore.
He said, while making more posts in this thread afterwards