Say what you want about Illumination’s animated films, but their marketing campaigns for their films are so on point

Say what you want about Illumination’s animated films, but their marketing campaigns for their films are so on point.

Attached: 27BFBF80-3B82-4781-A175-9E600B7AE457.png (2500x1080, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfCYPVxWEMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Say what you want about Illumination’s animated films
They are animated quite well and have a certain standard of comfortable mediocrity. You'll have a good time, but nothing outstanding. Are there any ones that are outright BAD? Can't really think of any.

they're just mediocre.

don't know if if spoiling your own movie through a marketing campaign is 'on point', but okay.

I would say The Lorax toes the line between "dumb mediocrity" and "bad"

Grinch had a bunch of shitty part but I honestly found it pretty comfy and had fun with it.

>saving up for Anime Expo since December last year

Attached: 37C41544-1B54-4547-90C1-F61D7C34F9B2.jpg (1533x1308, 222K)

They found what works for them and have no interest to change or challenge anything
People often accuse corporations of being soulless and even if somehow truth you can tell Disney still has some sort of commitment to narrative and animation, illumination really feels like shareholders and marketing teams joining forces to make the biggest impact with the least effort

>Hearing that it was Dr. Seuss' wife that approached them about the movie
>Hearing the original demos that implied a savage condemnation of consumer culture and lassiez faire capitalism
>The final one is completely toothless
>A FUCKING CAR COMMERCIAL

Sing is their best movie, and the only one that feels like it was made out of a genuine desire to be made rather than pure profit.

Fite me.

I only know recently that Benedict Cucumberpatch is voicing him.

>but their marketing campaigns for their films are so on point
That's half of their budget and their main angle to sell their mediocre movies to the pleb.

They know how to promote a shit well enough to convince the parents pay cash for their kids.

Please advise

>Disney still has some sort of commitment to narrative and animation

they just buy and copy pixar

How?

The Grinch creating an elaborate fake Smash leak was a pretty neat marketing push.

Disney and Pixar should just merge into a single studio at this point.

give it time

post the picture
you know which one

>THE picture

Attached: 724D2E6D-8508-4197-AE25-D737C7239DC6.gif (589x248, 3.75M)

please no

What pic?

Some things are better to be unknown user.

Some autist's room stuffed full with fan stuff from the Sing gorilla.

Weedwhacker Armpitfarts literally used his fursona to make us chew on his salty nuts.

THIS OUR TIME TO POST, ANONS

>Anime Expo
HAHAH Fuck no! Went last year and had a blast but not doing that shit again!

Elaborate on your experience, TL;DR if you must.

>it hasn't been posted yet

Attached: do it.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

Attached: GrinchAX.png (2500x1080, 2.94M)

Lorax for sure is on the bad side of things, both for its plot and how it mangled the source material. As an adaption it blows, but more importantly just as a fucking movie it blows.

It seriously ends with a car chase to plant a seed like the world is going to end or some shit.

>line up to get in the Trigger panel for the past 2 years
>couldn’t get in both times
Fuck off, Grinch.

Attached: 229D2B00-29BE-4197-B331-0154263C1A9E.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

Couldn't get into the panels, the MHA movie premiere sold out at 3am, and there were vendors selling ACTUAL LOOT BOXES.

The good though was I got to meet cristina vee, TFS, Litttle kuriboh, mother's basement, and get some nice Outlaw Star stuff from artist alley

>vendors selling actual loot boxes
You fucking kidding me?

Attached: 40E46B14-46EC-4D2A-A538-3700AA4CBAC5.jpg (574x615, 80K)

Why would I lie about something so awful?

Attached: 2018_7_5_37465072436.png (784x444, 896K)

Those are shit anyway, vendors just fill that shit up with stuff they can’t sell anymore/taking up UHAUL storage space.

What you see in isn't even a new thing. I can remember vendors selling them the first time I went to DragonCon 11 years ago.

Who gives a remote fuck about Tr*gger in 2019? They haven't made anything good since the first cour of KLK.

>forgetting Ninja Slayer
>forgetting Darling In The FranXX
>forgetting their upcoming movie
>bashing on KLK’s second cour

Attached: 8BD765EB-21CE-44B8-AA76-F496FFB8B358.jpg (493x449, 43K)

FranXX was an absolute disgrace.

Attached: A863750E-EF5A-438A-9FF2-E0A1A4AFAFB1.gif (640x323, 1.26M)

Please tell me you ate from those hot dog vendors.

Attached: F960017E-EF53-4FBF-B72F-1E3AC88430D9.png (2500x1080, 2.95M)

Franxx was fucking atrocious what are you on about.

The only thing I remember about the marketing or the movie at all is the grinch leak for smash bros

Me as well

>a savage condemnation of laissez faire capitalism
Sounds gay

this one?

Attached: grinched.jpg (1192x1569, 210K)

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of excited to see how Illumination will handle a Super Mario Bros. movie. Considering the last failure of a cinematic foray the original live action movie was, I feel like Nintendo will be breathing down their necks, so the movie will be more faithful to the source material than the live action movie was.

At the very least, the inevitable marketing campaign is going to be HUGE.

I don't hate the live action movie. Far from it; it's actually a guilty pleasure of mine to watch. Even so, it's not Oscar material in the slightest, and I acknowledge that.

>tfw I just go to meet certain VAs and maybe check out the vendors.
The only time I was ever worried was when the lines for one VA got extremely long (not to the point where they were out the door thankfully, but long enough to go from one end of the hall to the other), but with the Vic Mignogna drama going on I want to see how I could possibly trigger some tissue-skinned fujoshits during my possible visit this year.

Attached: 1506211107515.jpg (612x531, 41K)

>Shitting on Trigger for Frannx, when it was Studio A1 that wrote and directed that fucking trainwreck, while Trigger was only animating it.

Aiming the aggression the wrong way, folks.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfCYPVxWEMI
Edit this to just be the "Go Broly Go Broly, Come on Broly!" chants while wearing a Broly shirt

Pretty much this

I kind of liked that movie. Kid Grinch was cute as fuck

Attached: mpv-shot0014.jpg (1281x534, 62K)

The inferior young Grinch

Attached: 4192796a3bdd2911b7764ace54f02ffa.jpg (236x236, 13K)

It's okay when the box is specific. If they have a box of something you really like/is uncommon, it's a nice package. Random whatever is crap.

It was a decent watch with realistic kid characters who didn't behave obnoxiously and a very poignant and relatable take on the ending, but the Grinch was far too sterilized in both design and behavior.

I don't get it, can some fat otaku loser explain it to me?

Anime Expo is Comic-Con for weebs, so you need money, a stable job and financial stability to go to cons like AX.

What does any of that have to do with the Grinch?

Snarky billboards were all over the place like pic related that promoted the Grinch movie last year and it became a meme, because of course.

Attached: 763B655F-532A-4C2A-9A7C-811E5D38AAAA.jpg (786x776, 104K)

I still don't get it, why would these make anyone want to see the movie?
God I hate advertizers and the retards who enable them.