So why did Snyder decide to go with an already established Batman that has already had tons of adventures that we...

So why did Snyder decide to go with an already established Batman that has already had tons of adventures that we wouldn't get to see?

Attached: batcave.jpg (1300x650, 100K)

Because it made more sense in a story where he fights Superman.

Batman learning to be Batman was already done really well by Nolan, and has also been the template for most Batman movies. Batman just being Batman is kind of a static character, which works for episodic fiction like comics or the animated series but not so well as a movie protagonist. So having a fallen Batman trying to redeem himself is a character arc we've not seen that you can also build a movie around.

That's the problem, he's nothing like comics Batman yet we never saw him develop as character. That's fucking stupid if you're going to make us pretend that we always knew him then make him like Nolan or Comics Batman.

The general audiences are even more tired of Batman backstories than of Spider-Man's

But he still had the backstory in it. We had old jaded batman but still had his backstory for the 100th time.

You are the problem with these movies. We've seen this shit a million times. It's archetypal.

Yeah continue to blame the fans Zack.

For your sake I hope Far From Home spends it's first couple acts with the spider bite and Uncle Ben.

Homecoming was literally few weeks after the origin tho, yes he a different take on Spider-Man but we see the character start and grow.

Snyder Batman is a completelly different character with a fucktoon of story that we never see on screen like robin,his vigilante career etc.

I've never seen Batman lose a robin and become a school shooter. Can you point me out to the million times you've seen this so I can read up on that please? Thanks!

Oh, sorry. Full disclosure: I've not actually watched the movie

Because he read Dark Knight Returns but didn't really understand it.

His favorite comic is TDKR

Unfortunately he didn't realize that TDKR only works because of the years of Batman history behind it, not as it's own thing

waste of dubs, far from home is fucking fourth movie with spidey - batman v superman was first movie with batman

The movies were fucking shit you retard. Thats not our fault for seeing them. They have so many problems but none of them are intentional, its not even bad like a b movie. Its simply shit and an embarrassment to any fans.

There's an interesting interview with Snyder where he talks about his history with comics. Basically, he says he was never really that interested in superhero comics growing up since he preferred darker, more violent and sexual stories (I think he mentioned having been a big fan of Heavy Metal). His first exposure to superhero comics, therefore, wound up being Watchmen, which he described as being the first superhero comic he found which really appealed to him.

he wanted to do the dark knight returns but pussied out

You do realize one of the largest complaints about the film was seeing the damn alley scene again right?

>His first exposure to superhero comics, therefore, wound up being Watchmen, which he described as being the first superhero comic he found which really appealed to him.

Attached: ricky.jpg (1440x1080, 77K)

He's an idiot who thinks he's mature. He actually believes that sex and violence are what makes stuff mature and not characterizations or stories. Just sex and violence. He literally thinks like a fucking teenager.

I wonder how Alan Moore feels about his interpretation of his work.

He is unironically one of those edgy teens in high school who somehow found his way into a director's position

Can we get Snyder to adapt this, I want to see how he does the ending.

Attached: superman.jpg (312x475, 135K)

so nobody would bother using him afterwards, ultimate "fuck off my work"

Well it did technically work.

This is my favorite comic user why would you want someone who talks like Manchester Black adapting this.

he'd probably turn it into Superman arguing that things ought to be done his way because he's the most powerful guy there so who's going to tell him otherwise. That fits better with the whole Randian hero thing Snyder seems to like than the original ending.

It's one of mine too, I really want to see how much he truly misses the point of superman and fucking up this adaption would basically give him no way to get out of it.

Supes would try to show the people how scary Black's ideals are but not by faking them out but by actually snapping his neck and leaving him out in the open. He cries afterwards because he was forced to kill but doesn't do anything to help the multiple people injured or killed by being caught between their fight (Supes still has superbots but he feels that enlisting their help will lessen the impact of the lesson so he has them stay in the Fortress. Also, Jesus never made his disciples fight so he won't make his bots do that either).

Isn't it enough that he botched the death and return of Superman

Attached: IMG_20190325_074458.jpg (1080x875, 125K)

General audiences don't read comics, how can they be tired of something they don't care about

Because there's been a lot of Batman movies. Also, Batman's origin is part of the public consciousness. It's been in every "origin" part of Batman media. Even if they haven't read comics, they may have seen a cartoon, or played a video game or something.

I'm sorry I guess I'm not that familiar with his origins. Where can I watch the part where he loses a robin and turns into the punisher please? Shouldn't be to hard since this has been in every "origin" part of his media.

Wasn't the original reply talking about his backstory?

wow that was subtle..check them

His backstory in this one is clearly different from the mainstream. The OP was talking about not seeing the backstory that made him the Batman he is today and just being given the Punisher in a Batman reskin and calling it a day.

Because Affleck looks like an old man and his costume made him look fat instead of fit. Can't really do an origin story wih grandpa fatbat, can he?

kek why not? Now that you put it that way I really want to see it. He will be wearing the Adam West costume. It will be exactly like the Adam West version with popups of "bang!" and "kachakachaka!" everytime he kills someone except it will be taken very seriously.

Because not every movie has to be a fucking origin story.

Why do non-writers ask question about writing?

This isn't something only Snyder has done it's what any good writer does.

>we never saw him develop as character.
He saw clark and Zod recreate 911 and turned into Rumsfeld. How did you miss this?

>don't question Snyder he is awesome you guys

He's gone ballistic after every death other than tims And that's because neither tynion or king wanted to touch that plot point cause tim wasn't dead.

Didn't know that was the reason why he brands people in prison and kills them

Ah yeah sorry I forgot about that part where he turns into the Punisher afterwards and shoots thugs then brands the survivors so they get killed in prison.

There's a lot wrong with Batman v. Superman, but giving us an established, experienced Batman isn't part of it.

It's not exactly wrong it just feels like missed potential. However if his movies were actually good then it would open up more room for prequels so I agree with you.

Fuck that. I'm sick of every new comic book continuity dedicating half its movies to fucking origin stories. With lesser known characters like Doctor Strange or Captain Marvel, I get it, but surely we're at the point now where origins for major characters like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Punisher, etc are a big enough part of the public consciousness that we can stop doing them now.

If you MUST have some kind of origin recap, keep it short and simple. A little stylized montage at the beginning of a story. Boom. Everyone's caught up and we can move on with the story.

Attached: all-star-superman-1.jpg (1024x1587, 578K)

Because this Batman's "origin story" is something we simply don't know shit about, it's different.

The story was about his meeting with and eventual team up with Superman and Wonder Woman, there's no room for his origins in a movie that was already 3 hours long

His parents got shot. You've seen it a thousand times you braindead fuck. There's no reason to reiterate the same shit OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. You're fucking dumb.

>Parents die
>He becomes Batman
>He fights crime for a long time and becomes jaded and cynical
It's all very clearly implied by his behaviour and actions

I don't know if you're retarder or just pretending to be but obviously the origin they're talking about is what happened to him to make him resort to killing and branding, a.k.a. the joker and robin fiasco. I can't believe someone can actually be so stupid to read the thread and think that people are complaining about the lack of parent murder. Shit it's unbelievable how incredibly moronic people can actually be.

You realize he's not talking about the "origin" story, but the "backstory" as in everything that led up to him becoming the way he did in BvS

He branded them because Zorro used to. Lex then had those branded men killed to frame the batman as deranged and send the newspaper clippings to clark.

It's still really fucked up that Batman willingly brands people, knowing they'll be raped and murdered in prison because of it.

The rape is because of the Commissioner. No reason except he just likes it.

>made him look fat instead of fit
That tends to happen when you design your suit based on TDKR.

Ok but what made him the Batman he is in the film? This is one that has been active for a bit, it's literally going from the alley scene to TDKR and not explaining the years of character development between these two eras.

Because of $$$
The most famous Batman comic of all time is Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
The most famous Superman comic of all time is The Death of Superman.

These movies combined the characters' two biggest stories into one movie.

He got raped in prison where have you been

What do you think the spear was for?

>putting clothes of dead people in glass displays
It's such a staple of the genre that you don't really realize how bizarre and dumb it is, until you see it in live action. Imagine if people actually did that. Just have your grandma's dress on display in the kitchen.
>this is what she wore when she died
Could be the dumbest thing about Batman.

What potential is there honestly? See Batman fight the joker for the hundredth time?

You don't need to see that origin.

I have no problem with an established Batman.
But the movie still sucked. Making one good decision doesn’t exonerate Zack.

I fail to see the problem, Superheroes have been living in a post-Watchman world for a while now.

No it wasn’t. It was after Civil War, and Spidey has already been active for some time at that point.

Better question, why remake another death of the waynes scene if your just gonna fast foward to a already established Batman?

Yeah you're right my bad. It would be boring to see him fight the joker, lose a robin, struggle with his no killing rule, then have a breakdown and turn into the punisher afterwards. Because that happens everytime he fights the joker right?

So he can do a shitty Martha scene that he thinks is deep but in reality is just very poorly executed.

Yeah it would be boring because that's basically it.

With that mentality then everything is boring because everything is "basically it"

No it didn't

>spoon feed me daddy
Do you really need everything spelled out to you?
Does LOTR confuse you because you haven’t seen all of Gandalf’s adventures in other movies?

This, but unironically.

You think people only want to watch something because they don't understand it? Are you that much of a brainlet? You don't think an interesting premise is enough to watch a movie? How fucking dumb are you?

A couple of months, the movie was literally about him learning how to be a hero.

Batman in the other hand?
>muh decades as hero
>muh Robin died
>muh Joker
>muh depression

Is too much story off screen being mentioned all the time, we are supposed to pretend that an entire huge story already happened off screen and is not even the basic Batman story everyone is used.

LOTR is not about Gandalf, is about Frodo, BvS and JL are about Batman,

Yeah, and Frodo is fucking 50 when the adventure starts.
Also reminder that when those movies came out, there was no Hobbit Trilogy, so there was a shit ton of barely-mentioned backstory for the ring, Gollum, everyone in the Fellowship, and everything else. Yet those movies are still kino without knowing any of it.

>we are supposed to pretend that an entire huge story already happened off screen
Yes. Remember the first X-Men? We know almost nothing about Wolverine, and it was still great. And then they actually DID make an origin movie, and it was fucking garbage.
Hell, even in the comics he didn’t have a proper origin for like 30 years.
Sometimes you just have to infer things, and that’s not a problem.

Wolverine was literally in a Blank state with his past being not relevant to the first movie story at all. Meanwhile Snyder Batman huge backstory play a huge role in the movie events.

It's not a problem per se. Like I said here it's just missed potential. Doesn't help that the movie sucks absolute ass making the skipped story seem better in comparison. Also Wolverine's lack of a past is actually a plot point with his amnesia and all.

Also this. It feels like you skipped a movie.

>We don't really need to see all of Batman's back story, audiences are already too familiar with it and it'll get in the way of the storytelling.
>Btw, I'm gonna show the Wayne's murder in slo-mo twice.
You guys just got ZACKED!

Attached: Zacked.jpg (279x293, 72K)

The character serves the story and not the other way around.

The difference is that the events of the hobbit have little to no relevance to the lord of the rings, but a lot of Batmans actions and mind set is based on events from before the film.

>the events of the Hobbit have little or no impact on the Lord of the Rings
Imagine believing this.
Yes, you can understand LotR without the Hobbit. But they’re still extremely important events if you want the full story.

>Basic storytelling about the general premise of the movie is spoonfeeding now
Also
>Does LOTR confuse you because you haven’t seen all of Gandalf’s adventures in other movies?
It would confuse me if it'd skip the fellowship and start with the two towers

That’s because Fellowship and Two Towers are literally part of the same story.
Old-ass Batman and Death of Robin are not.

The death of Robin and Batman being a jaded killer has nothing to do with each other? First time I've heard of this. I supposed that random costume with all the question marks in the movie was worn by a younger Commissioner Gordon then?

In the form of a dream in the beginning.

And then again in the middle of the film in the form of a flashback. Two of the hackiest narrative devices on film, made even worse by them being in slow motion. Film school tier filmmaking.

I didn’t say they have nothing to do with each other. But you literally just explained the entire connection in one sentence, using a scene from the movie.

Robin was killed by the Joker. Now Batman is like this. Seriously, what do you not understand about that?

read
Also it's the reason why his character deviates so much from his original one. And you think it's ok to just skip it? You can just handwave it away with "robin ded now he kill kek"? Why is the joker still alive then? What exactly changed him from "I can't take a life" to "Anyone with a 1% chance of being a danger should die right away"? "Robin ded kek" that it? Was it gradual? The way he took his first life? Or did he just see a lifeless sidekick then bought a machine gun and went full Frank? Sometimes people want more than just a single sentence when you make a change that big. They want to see it since it seems like a more interesting movie than the shitshow that was put on screen. You have got to be a massive moron if you think the issue is that people don't understand what happened.

This. The pic in the OP literally explains the character in one image.

meant for

no it doesn't retard. Superman and Batman work best when they are parallels of each other in terms of age and starting date, etc.

to be fair, it's kinda hard to tell that it's a robin costume. it'd probably help if it had some color

A favourite outfit seems like a really tasteful way of memorializing a person.

Attached: yesand.png (201x201, 24K)

Snyder doesn't like Supeheroes as they are, he wants them to be edgy and dark because he has only ever read Watchmen and possibly TDKR.

Also the studio decided on BvS as a sequel to MoS for some strange fucking reason.

The OP does not imply that a backstory is necessary.

Just have him reference his dead parents at some point. Job done.

Because he was (poorly) adapting DKR, which is about Bruce dusting off his costume and coming out of retirement.

Favorite outfit sure. Death outfit, not so much.
However this isn't meant to be tasteful, this is just another case of Batman punishing himself, which is what Batman is all about. Whining that the man who refuses to get over his parents death and decided when he was 8 he was going to personally and physically beat the shit out of crime isn't supposed to have healthy grieving methods.

So I guess that Robin suit had the bare legs like the original? Or I suppose theres no reason to hang pants up. I feel like that costume would look silly without pants.

Joker tore it when he raped Dick Grayson