How did this turn out so friggin' good?

How did this turn out so friggin' good?

Attached: p14060049_p_v8_ac.jpg (960x1440, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/hideo-kojima-calls-captain-america-civil-war-a-masterpiece-a139789
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106426353/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106460194/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nyjwkav3h_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

chillest marvel movie i've ever seen; the black chick was a top tier cute too

Carol shills are so disturbing after the RT incident.

This is like chink/russia tier 5cent internet troll army

Scary as fuck.

The RT "incident"? You mean how they removed spam reviews by people who hadn't seen the movie? Oh, the horror.

it was mediocre. too much material to cover for limited time provided. not enough focus on carol as a character or the kree/skrull war. probably should have been two movies, one in space, one on earth. we'll see how sequel goes. I'd rate it around the level of thor 1.

>Review was meant for people who didn't see the movie
>B-BUT THEY DIDN'T SEE THE MOVIE

Are you high? Having a seizure? What's going on with this post?

>RT took down pre-release "Are you interested" reviews
>Then took down audience reviews
>Then deleted multiple critic reviews

It's like the first Thor but this time there's a cat that's somewhat funny.

Can you say anything in normal speak and not incoherent greentext?

It was worse than bad. It was mediocre.

It didn't. It was mediocre at best. The Skrulls and Nick Fury were the best part about the movie.

>I'm a shill that is new here but can't even take the time to figure out greentext!

>abloo bloo bloo
So you can't do anything besides babbling incoherently. Got it.

>Being so retarded you can't understand fucking greentext of all things
Mouse shills everyone. Carol is a shit character btw

Cope harder, DCboy. Shazam will flop.

What's the point of shilling this so often on here? We easily have like 15 threads a day on it.

Also, does anyone know why Carol wears a Star of David on her uniform? Has she even earned the right? I understand this would be more fitting for Moon Knight?

Fpbp

They kept the SJW shit to about 5 minutes. Other then that, it was a good old fashioned late Silver Age style origin story.

>What's the point of discussing the latest comic book movie on the comic book board?
UH I DUNNO RETARD

>not reading the rest of the post
Besides these threads don't talk about the movie, they're just company war crap and /pol/ shit flinging.

If that's so then you should do what needs to be done and the mods will take care of the rulebreaking posts. Yet I have a feeling that is not so.

It was Ok, nothing memorable, maybe not the worst MCU movie but nowhere near the top of the best ones. It's pretty weird how much butthurt it's causing since it was a pretty whatever movie to me.

People are getting very desperate because they want the narrative that people are rejecting "SJW" stuff to be true and Captain Marvel is proving that it isn't.

It really isn't a SJW movie. There IS SJW shit in it, but its only for 5 minutes. My only sadness is that Brie will never wear the leotard

Attached: based japs.jpg (900x536, 169K)

Reminder Kojima also thought BvS was eh but fucking loved Civil War

comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/hideo-kojima-calls-captain-america-civil-war-a-masterpiece-a139789

based

7/10 you're overselling it

I know, hence the scare quotes. I think it's all a pile of bullshit and it's no surprise that these people are losing. All they have is hysterical conspiracy theories.

Stop it. Shazam is good, Cap Marvel is fine but could have been better
That's objective and has nothing to do with company wars. I hope both make over a billion.

This post is extremely low quality.

He doesn’t like any women under a C-cup. I’m not defending the movie. I’m just pointing out he isn’t watching for the performance

I honestly think Shazam will have no trouble turning a profit which is fine, because people love comic book movies, both Marvel and DC. But I think it's interesting how Yea Forums is okay with DC succeeding but not Marvel. Even though by all rights they should hate DC too because they're doing all sorts of race swapping. But they hate Marvel so much that they'd take a black Superman and a Muslim Batman if it meant sticking it to Marvel.

Also I realized right after this post that I should have also included "a Jewish Wonder Woman" because that one is real.

Because you like to eat shit and drink piss.

So he won't like Black Widow then

It’s not, it’s above average. Hell, it’s probably the weakest MCU, just above Thor 2 and Ironman 3.

Carol never has any real development or flaws. Brie Larson also plays Carol with this constant smariness that’s never really charming though that might be the directors’ fault. There are some cool moments, but overall nothing of importance happens other than introducing Carol for endgame.

No, he means these.

Attached: b8e7c4b.jpg (1936x1936, 379K)

You have to remember that Marvel is connected with Disney which a lot of people fucking hate a lot more then DC or Warner Brothers

Well these aren't from RT. Well, if RT stood for Russia Today they might be.

It's not the star of David. It's the Kree Star, their nation's flag thingy and symbol for the planet Hala.
It also some spiritual meaning to fanatical Kree, I think.

Weakests..
Above two others, one of which is among my favorite MCU movies

So it's the Kree equivalent of the Star of David. I guess this article I saw earlier isn't exaggerating.

Attached: 1542081365013.jpg (574x529, 84K)

Who the fuck says "friggin'"?

Someone who's trying to come up with original variations that haven't been used yet.

You know what's really interesting about Shazam is that it's basically a parody of Superman. So they made a Superman movie just a couple years ago and they're already making fun of it. If this movie does well it's a complete rejection of the DCEU's take on Superman. A win for DC, but a loss for anyone who was a fan of those movies. Who, if you are, fuck you anyway.

Let me know how that works out for you, dipshit.

What's really annoying about all this is there's an interesting looking movie coming out called Unicorn Store and it's going to be impossible to have any honest discussion about it on this site so hopefully they like it over on The 'Dit.

Imagine thinking a "want to see" button was the same as a review.

"I wanted to see it so I liked it!"

What a retard.

Based Kojima.

This is hilarious.

You must be an incel for noticing. Also you're alt-right if you bring up the fundraiser set up to buy tickets. Also also you're a virgin if you bring up the reports of it playing to empty theaters with rows of pre-paid seats empty.

Ha, Gotcha!

You are getting desperate, man. Let it go. Or make at least one more post, as if you're fooling anyone by splitting them up.

Months of /pol/ crossboarding left many with low expectations. Then people actually saw the movie and /pol/ shut the fuck up because they couldnt back up their claims anymore

THIS. If someone walks into your business and shits on the floor what do you do? clean it up. "but but..its muh freedom of speech, you should let that shit stay there."

Attached: 266050.gif (192x144, 52K)

They didn't. More negative reviews on the day it came out than 'Infinity War' got reviews, total, throughout its entire run?

I do not like this movie, but the RT incident was bullshit.

>>Then took down audience reviews

Fake ones.

I don't know who did that, but he didn't do our side a service.

Fuck the cat.

>It's pretty weird how much butthurt it's causing since it was a pretty whatever movie to me.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

>Captain Marvel is proving that it isn't.

Well, it's proving that Disney is capable of a lot when it doesn't want a flop one month before 'Endgame'.

>Cap Marvel is fine but could have been better

It was not 'fine'. And yes, it could have been much, much, much better.

I literally know no one that has seen it irl. The most talk i've seen is people on fb saying its in marvels bottom tier lol

how are you faggots this stupid?
It was the "want to see" score. No body wanted to see it, and so they removed it.
Lmao and they got caught boosting audience review scores after it came out. Fantastic

Is it not an origin story about someone who can fly and shoot energy?
What the fuck are people expecting, high literature?

>chillest
lol no

It didn't

I am more excited for the real Captain Marvel

Attached: Based+chadzam+_ee7ed0b45af4e8cce984d042063d2831.jpg (947x647, 76K)

Good for you.

>LOL JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF
why is it always just one or the other with you people?

You should see it Seven Times for the Seven Virtues.

I was expecting drama, tension and personality.

They made 'Iron Man' over ten years ago and it fucks this movie in the ass on every level.

Tony is a jerk. An entitled, egocentric, spoiled, desperately lonely manchild who literally spends his days in the basement playing with his toys.
And yet it is incredibly easy to identify with him and feel for him as he is put through the wringer.

Carol Danvers is a character with a rich and checkered history. She is passionate and more than a little traumatized, but she deals with that. Her backstory is complex and problematic. Potentially she is an incredibly powerful story engine.

Brie Larson, Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, unfortunately, are like... four accomplished renaissance artists trying to build a car.
They have seen a car and they have seen the schematics.
What they come up with...
well, you catch my drift.

I would see it too, but I'm afraid like Captain Marvel. I'm not quite in the right age demographic.

I actually think it turned out pretty disappointing. It's bottom tier MCU, i m o.

>Tony is a jerk. An entitled, egocentric, spoiled, desperately lonely manchild who literally spends his days in the basement playing with his toys.
>And yet it is incredibly easy to identify with him and feel for him as he is put through the wringer.
Yes, and this is an audience connection that Marvel Studios, Fox, Sony and WB have tried and failed to duplicate for 10 years now.
RDjr deserves the credit for a bravura turn as a loveable asshole.

Attached: downeyjr.jpg (640x852, 56K)

Oh and for accuracy's sake, Tony was a drunken genius who spent his time flying his private jet around the world, partying and fucking hot bimbos.
He has nothing whatsoever in common with your hot-glue lifestyle.

>She is passionate and more than a little traumatized, but she deals with that. Her backstory is complex and problematic.
>Actually wanted another Carol driven by edgy shit traumatizing her.
Yeah, no thanks.

thx

By making up your mind before going to the movie. Sure showed those incels.

This. We already had Gamora, Wasp, Widow and Scarlet Witch dealing with heavy trauma/loss.
And they struggle not to be dour, boring characters.

Just see it anyway

and also aren't cheap Ronald-McDonald-esque mascots

It was very comfy. I thought Lashana gave a better performance than the lead.

They aren't any fun. Wonder Woman was fun because she was a rather simple kid who ran away from home to have adventure. Harley went bonkers from her traumatic encounter with the Joker, but she embraced the crazy and had fun with it. Black Widow just keeps devolving further into Team Mom, Gamora was stridently bitchy up until IW, Wasp existed simply to snort derisively at Lang, and Scarlet Witch goes from being twitchy and neurotic about her past to being twitchy and repentant about her powers.

They are very humdrumvee, and the Widow movie has a lot of work to do to redeem what was a pretty fun character in Iron Man 2.

your cuckery with moar onions

I agree with the rest, but I do like Gamora. Her rivalry with Nebula is probably my favorite storyline in Guardians. I was actually disappointed they resolved prematurely.

Carol is the definition of a hum drum, boring character with no personality.

>It was the "want to see" score. No body wanted to see it, and so they removed it.

Which is why it's doing so well in theaters. Because no one wanted to see it.

Movie was bland af, you had to be real retarded to find it above mediocrity.

>He has nothing whatsoever in common with your hot-glue lifestyle

You are right in that I should have added that he does interact with people - but that's not personal. Look how he treats people. He knew Christine Everhard for a minute, she told him to his face what a douchebag he was and he still had sex with her. And the next morning he was nowhere to be found. He had had his fun and he didn't need her for anything else.
Imagine the kind of man who can be so shallow he can have sex with a woman who tells him off and have it mean nothing.

No, it's true (And I don't even use hotglue) but it is kind of like that. He doesn't live. He plays.

No. Not what I meant. Not dark and edgy. Fiery and passionate.
Like I said, she is dealing with it... oh forget it. It's not like it matters. What's done is done. What we got is what we got.

Apparently it's doing well because "someone" is buying lots of tickets for ghosts.

>This meme again

Lets say Disney bought $100m(and I'm being VERY generous with this number) worth of tickets. The movie practically grossed $1b worldwide so that $100m is a drop in the bucket.

It grossed 911M worldwide, which is not a billion.
One hundred million is not 'a drop in a bucket' when the bucket is one billion.
We have no idea how many tickets Disney bought. It depends on the estimates for how a flop would affect 'Endgame'.

Of course there's also the fact they rolled the movie out worldwide all at once, which one might interpret as an attempt to catch the moviegoer off-guard so to speak.

Then the access reviewer comments, and shill reviews... rumblings at Rotten Tomatoes...

They really, really wanted this movie to LOOK successful, and when they found the movie was not going to do that on its own because it is simply not very good, they threw big money at the problem.

Being purposefully obtuse to a companies practice is really dumb and does you no favors user.

The only people who care how much momey this made are the people getting paid for it.

It's a bad movie. Nobody cares how much it made.

You mean the practice you can provide no proof of and you are desperately hoping to be true because it "sounds right"? If anything you're the one being obtuse.

Fox successfully created such a character long ago. His name was Gregory House.

Why are you playing dumb? The movie is still in theaters and it will easily gross a billion by next week. Are you seriously going to do this "Nuh uh, it didn't gross a billion" for a whole week until you're proven wrong and then the whole process starts anew?

I have no doubt it will easily surpass Aquaman's total gross.

*shillest

THAT EPIC BEN SHAPIRO WIT

It was, as they say on Yea Forums, kino.

I'll see your fucking dick.

It was mediocre, paint by numbers / formulaic. Movie was fine and serviceable but no where near even the top 10 cbm at this point.

Tv is annoyed how much Disney dominates to discussions, several samey marvel movies each year. Increasingly worse Star Wars flicks. Dc is the weird underdog so it’s no wonder they act the way they do. Nothing to worry over, literally that whole board is casuals who never read comics

It's kind of laughable to call Warner Bros. the underdog in anything.

After Disney’s fox purchase not really

boring and predictable means good now huh? amazing how far standards have fallen

It wasn't. Why are you trying to pretend it was?

Attached: 1512371781349.jpg (628x434, 210K)

Fuck off shill you had the same thread 2 times
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106426353/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/106460194/
also pasta here
>That garbage
>Great
>Secondary characters are more prominent than Fungus Larson even the cat has more charisma
>Plot holes everywhere
>Mary Sue
>CGI was horrible except for Fury and the Cat
>Ruined Fury, Skrulls, Mar-vell, and the whole Avengers origin and made their actions meaningless.
>Inmigrant propaganda
>White man bad / inept
>Whole point of the movie is "never be under control or use your head and be an emotional retard"
>First half is sleep fest.
>Fights editing is all over the place.
>"I don't have to prove you anything :)"
>"You know why they call it a cockpit?"
I could go on fuck that garbage.

Attached: dabin.gif (554x400, 120K)

If it’s Thor 2 your favorite movie is shit and you are shit for it being your favorite.

If it’s Ironman 3... well I didn’t like it, and it didn’t feel like a superhero movie, but I can see some appeal there.

Attached: shazam dabbing.gif (500x485, 283K)

This movie is objectively bad for various reasons but mostly because of crimes against ass.

OBSESSED

Have sex

Attached: heart.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>How did this turn out so friggin' good?

Attached: Did it.gif (500x320, 1.97M)

>Captain Marvel makes 900m
>James Gunn reinstated
>Jussie Smollett exonerated

Bad week for you guys.

They realised they can just lie about the film being good and no one can stop them

It didn't, tho. It was one of the more bland MCU movies to date.

It didn't really. It's got elements of Captain America, Black Panther, and a good bit of GotG but can't stick the landing on any of the inclusions. I'm willing to believe shoddy direction and 5 writers on the screenplay had a lot to do with its flaws since many of them fall under the hamfisted exposition, inappropriate expression and timing/tone issue categories. Fortunately a solid plot, standout performances by Lashana Lynch and the always charming Samuel L. Jackson, and the Marvel Formula elevate the movie to the level of Wonder Woman's second act. Disappointing, but acceptable.

It was okay. Let's be real, most people on this site hate it on principle of it having a female main character. While I don't mind that, even still, I have to admit, they did lay on the "GUUUURL POWURRGGGH, MEN OPPRESS WUH MEEEN," crap a little thick. There were multiple times I rolled my eyes at the movie. That and how powerful she became towards the end. Like come on. This bitch couldn't even fly by herself at the halfway point but she learns how to fly and use her powers to her fullest quicker than anyone else in the franchise. As a result, you kinda feel like she never really grows as a character because nothing is really earned. She just finds out she was super powerful all along and that it was DA EBIL MALE WITH A BENIS who was holding her back the whole time. Right. As a result, she just follows the recent trend of superpowerful female characters who win every conflict they're in by virtue of being female, like Rey or Korra.

It was released on opposite day

Great directors
Best writer
Great cast
Best lead

Attached: coolcats.jpg (600x800, 381K)

What exasperates me is that that 5 minutes is why every SJW I know thinks it's the best superhero film ever made

Better question: Why do you know so many so-called SJWs?

It takes a lot less time and effort to say, "I haven't seen the movie", you know, instead of making shit up.

I literally saw it 2 days ago, sperg.

>literally the same thread but the only difference is the adjective used to describe the movie is something different but equally cringy, such as "friggin'" as opposed to "gosh darn"

I'm just gonna assume this is falseflagging because that's a more comfortable outcome than Tumblr drones actually thinking a creatively braindead cash cow like this had any sort of soul to it at all

Attached: 1542151225561.jpg (1080x1224, 332K)

>a more comfortable outcome

Yeah, because it's so important that you live in your little bubble where nothing can go wrong and everything is "comfy," right kid?

Sure pal. You're definitely not one of the plethora of underage Yea Forums shitposters who haven't watched an actual movie in years and is being contrarian for lols.

People say that Yea Forums is literally tumblr because it's left-leaning compared to the other boards and I think that's unfair, but there really is a small community of literal tumblrinas without a hint of self-awareness that post shit like this all the time. Redditors too.

I like that "not being a racist piece of shit" has apparently become a "left leaning" thing. Instead of, you know, a rational human being thing.

I honestly have nothing to prove to you.

I'm just saying it was a LITTLE ridiculous that Carol couldn't even fly most of the movie but suddenly in the climax, she could fly, with perfect control, through space, push back Kree warheads, and destroy warships like it was nothing. Can't you just admit that's a tad ridiculous?

Not my implication, but okay.

If you can admit that you've only watched the trailers and not the actual movie, sure.

Not everyone who had problems with the movie only watched the trailers, user. It's funny how defensive you're being right now. All I did was state my opinion. I didn't even dislike the movie, I said it was okay.

And I am saying, as clearly as possible, that all the "plot" points you think you're bringing up are things that you cribbed from the trailers and tried to piece together. I say this because in the last 4 posts you've made you haven't once touched on any other aspect of the movie that wasn't in a trailer.

>deciding to think that it's just some gay retard falseflagging instead of being slightly disheartened at the concept that some people are vapid and dumb enough to actually find any sort of artistic merit in a pretty obvious "muh girl power!!" cash grab even though this is true = living in a bubble/safe space

Nice jump to conclusions, dipshit. This is why armchair psychology is a bad thing.

Attached: 1543542369659.png (1504x1782, 1.86M)

You clearly haven't watched the movie
She learned how to fly in the first 15 minutes on the Skrull ship

that's not how it works in the movie. don't trust marvel trailers

So that means I haven't watched the movie? All that means is that the parts that I had a problem with most just happened to be in trailers. But no, I didn't like, "It's called a cockpit," "I've been fighting with my hands tied behind my back this whole time," or Goose taking out Fury's eye either. Happy now?

Ah yes, that other scene from a trailer and not even spoiler that had been floating around the internet for days. Really showed me!
These guys also know you're full of shit so just stop before you look like even more of an ass.

She "flew" for all of one second on accident on the Skrull ship then proceeded to never use that power again until the climax. She didn't even PRACTICE that shit. Get fucked.

It was much more silly that her energy projection powers let her breathe in space even though they bothered to set up eye-and-mouth forcefields built into her mask for the same purpose at the beginning of the movie. Or that exposition-dump-girl can easily use Kree tech after seeing it once.

the shitposter cries out in pain as he strikes you

It's funny because he's now clearly googling what happened in the movie

>These guys also know you're full of shit so just stop before you look like even more of an ass.
It's really sad that we can't even critiqu movies anymore without retards like you jumping in to say that someone didn't watch the movie in question. There is no discussion going on here, just a few SJWs screeching because someone else has a different opinion from them and you can't have that.

It's almost as if the movie was pretty poorly written.

And the backpedalling and name calling commences as the Yea Forums shitposter is driven into a corner

I am neither backpeddling nor a Yea Forums shitposter.

Sure thing, because normal people use the term >SJW screeching

I never implied I was normal either.

It was so-so.

The action was underwhelming; I never really felt the force or energy she was supposedly putting out, even when she was trashing starships and shit. The comedy was poor; I barely laughed, and the full theater gave only mild chuckles at best for jokes that were obviously meant to kill. The whole cat thing was dumb, Fury losing his eye was the shittiest thing, the villains and their motives were literally copy-pasted from GotG 1 (but more basic, not even "muh daddy and granddaddy", just "muh asshole race"), CGI was fairly poor at times.

4-5/10, I guess. Better than Thor 1 & 2, about equal with First Avenger and Dr Strange (personally prefer Strange for visuals). Saw it for $5 on a discount day with a group, didn't regret it, definitely would have if it were full priced and fewer people though. Hope her action's better in Endgame; hope she isn't too OP to appeal to "gurl power" or whatever.

That's it.

And still the movie is garbage.

he did not imply that, you dumbass.

Damn, you seriously undersell The First Avenger.

>the chad everyman vs. the virgin PC cocksucker

Attached: 1542036430352.gif (420x300, 3.2M)

Not that user, but FA is held up by a really strong first act and final action sequence. Most of the third act being a montage, and it's supporting cast is massively underdeveloped. It's a very enjoyable but very flawed film.

Post your free ticket, copefag.

If you put toilets in your lobby, don't be surprised when somebody shits in it.

>thought it meant Captain Marvel by first avenger
>made fun of someone for no reason

Goddamnit these trips are wasted

>We have no idea how many tickets Disney bought. It depends on the estimates for how a flop would affect 'Endgame

So you're saying Disney spent hundreds of millions on tickets worldwide because if the movie didn't make enough money then they wouldn't make another Avengers movie.

Samefag, samethread.

Worse than the abatap threads back in Yea Forums

No, they removed negative user review scores as well.

No clue how they decided which negative reviews were spam, but we'll never really know.

Anyone who questions it will just be name-called into oblivion.

Attached: RT removing negative reviews.jpg (960x903, 72K)

>Literally nothing interesting happens, and none of the main cast is in any danger at any point in the story
I'd call that pretty chill

It wasn't.

So chill I fell asleep. I love my movies boring.

>You're getting desperate, man.

>Making posts about Captain Marvel multiple times every day

Pick one

You employed reddit spacing so I automatically win this and all further discussions.

Boring as fuck. I don't want to watch capeshit to sell ugly slags talk for two hours.

Goteem

Well, Disney is the top dog by a wide margin and the majority of the stuff they put out is dog shit. Star Wars, all the live-action remakes, etc. And you have to remember Yea Forums has a disdain for capeshit for just being candy coated junkfood cinema. And who puts out 3 to 4 capeshit
junkfood movies a year and takes over almost all the conversation? Marvel/Disney! Hell, when Fox was it's own thing they were even putting out a crazy amount of Marvel content as well. That can feel like overkill. Then you have the charity stunts they pull and that will rub anyone the wrong way. Add to that the projects being "woke" or feminist pandering, content like BP and CM, and making cultures wars out of it while yucking up the profits like only a conglomerate can and you've pretty much lost the rope.

DC isn't much better but they fail quite a bit, esp. the Snyder phase. They got to be the punching bag for quite a few years. Hell, that TDKR Bane intro was memed and joked for years and years and still is over there. So yeah Disney can handle it. They got twitter and everywhere else normies dwell to kiss their undeserving ass.

I just saw it tonight and I was pretty fucking bored. Lack of good action and too many scenes of people standing around going "You're great :)" without much super heroing happening. Lots of questionable choices overall.

Also feel free to call me retarded but I thought Fury didn't come up with the SHIELD shorthand until Iron Man 1. Am I nuts?

Fury's appearance in Iron Man 1 was a minute long cameo right at the end and literally all we knew about SHIELD in that movie was that there was a thing called SHIELD.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nyjwkav3h_0

People have been bringing this up as a "plot hole" a lot but the only reason they think it's one is because they probably haven't watched Iron Man in ten years.

user, throughout the movie there is a running gag about Fury's department trying to shorten their name down. If he was already calling it SHIELD - if everyone was already calling it that - then the joke doesn't work. He was in the movie before the very end of it.

You are thinking of the wrong movie. When was the last time you saw it?

You are a retard so actually I automatically win.

>n-no you!
Yikes. Not an argument. Also, cope. And seething.

It's the right movie, but it's Coulson who keeps joking about shortening the name. Fury doesn't show up until after the credits.

Why couldnt samuel l. jackson call the pool guy instead?

It didn't.

Do all these people really think they're the first person to offer this unique and brave insight?

Do people's opinions bother you that much? Lol what a fag.

shitty Carolcunt shoo shoo

>Critic score went down
LMAO

Vindictive.

People have different opinions, user.

Simmer down, Mar-Vellcel.

>I have no doubt it will easily surpass Aquaman's total gross.

Again: I think it will make a billion, if only because Disney wants it to. But it's dropping fast.

Aquaman stands at 1.147B, so... maybe.
None of which affects the quality of 'Captain Marvel'. It could make 2 billion and it would still not be a very good movie. Ten years from now, it will still not be a vey good movie. And having seen 'The Dark World' last night, I'd have to say 'Captain Marvel' is the weakest MCU outing yet.

>Jussie Smollett exonerated

What was the story there? I thought they had it sewn up. Did it turn out he really was beaten up by alt-righters after all?

>Let's be real, most people on this site hate it on principle of it having a female main character

No. Fuck off.

...might have made this a good movie.

Unfortunately they went with
- A couple who direct intimate social drama
- A writer with one credit under her belt who demonstrated she has no fucking clue about the character, and rewrote a story which had a strong foundation into bland pap with misandrist raisins
- An admittedly great cast
- Unfortunately apart from the lead, who should get a Razzie for 'worst miscast'

The one thing that I do like is how she got her powers.
OF COURSE she can fly through space, that is the basis of her entire power set. Carol is a living space ship engine now. Mar-Vell's genius was using the Space Gem to create the platonic ideal of the perfect space ship engine; you could have put it in a truck and it would be spaceworthy, Instead, it was 'put' into Carol. So flying through space is what she does; everything else is just a consequence of that. Energy absorbtion? That's just fuel intake. Photonic discharge? That's just revving her engine. Vroom vroom!

Oh jesus, this could have been such a good movie.

To be fair, there wasn't much in the movie, period.

A space ship engine doesn't need to breathe at all. She runs on radiant energy now.
Not the part I have a problem with.

...Yep. That's very succinct.

No, because it might negatively affect ticket sales for 'Endgame'.

>beep women cannot have flaws
>executingsoi.exe
>that would be problematic as women are perfect
>yassqueen slaay
somebody really should reprogram you losers.

They spent hundreds of millions to make this movie look good because like China, they liek to astroturf movies that they WANT to look good. The reason being is they want the charisma vacuum that is Cheese Felony to be the new RD JR after endgame and already have her signed for 9 movies, and if nobody likes her they can't get people hyped for MCU2 electric bugaloo.

Compare Captain Marvel to Black Panther, every picture of it was of people in teh theatre enjoying the film, they were sold out theatres everywhere, some people ahd to wait days to see it, you're telling me Carol sold near that much with all those empty seats and all this negative press?

>What was the story there? I thought they had it sewn up. Did it turn out he really was beaten up by alt-righters after all?
The story was he got off scott free despite being a lying faggot who used his immigrant friends to frame whites, and the right wing for hate crimes to promote his career. Nobody in the state where he was brought in is happy about it besides him, and he's already bragging about it on social media.

But how did he get off??

Carol's new suit

Attached: 9ebc85d7-fc5f-4a4a-a29a-02a61279d823.jpg (902x723, 161K)

Zero Suit Carol

Attached: Zero Suit Carol.jpg (971x1280, 84K)

funny. they removed reviews from ""people that didn't see the movie ""
but left the ones made by bots that gave 10/10s with the same exact writen review every time mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhmmm

Basically paid a fine and was sentenced to community service.

do you not understand greentext?
you're seriously outting yourself as a paid mouseshill, at least learn a little bit so you don't get caught so easilly kek

i'll be honest, I really want to tease those tits and bite those nipples

>removed want to see %
>disney admits to changing youtube algorithm for captain marvel, by setting the searchs of captain marvel to NEWS only, so only paid people cover it and not fans/indie reviewers or randoms.
>disney admits to manipulating captain marvel perception online, tldr: paid people to comment everywhere the movie is amazing
>RT saves captain marvel by removing every ""troll review""
>RT saves captain marvel by leaving every bot review that is a 10/10 with the same writen review
also nice, HEHE IT'S LIKE SHIT analogy very creative.

Keep that gaslight burning user.

>mods on this shit site
>useful

Do you hope to convince us that
a) He's wrong about Disney going full damage control and
b) The movie is not as bad as we know it is?

I saw the movie. It is.

/this

FRIG IT

>but left the ones made by bots that gave 10/10s with the same exact writen review every time mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhmmm
Feel free to find any proof that those reviews are still there. Link to the reviews instead of posting a screencap. You won't because you're an idiot.

>outting
>easilly
>kek
Speaking of paid shills from India...

58,000 user ratings. That's quite literally more ratings than Infinity War has right now. And it's been a year since Infinity War was released, whereas this was within a day of Captain Marvel's release.

But feel free to keep posting that image which just proves that Captain Marvel had been attacked by spam reviews.

"Anyone who questions it will just be name-called into oblivion." Right, just like you'll now call me a Disney shill for dropping this redpill that you didn't want to hear. People are waking the fuck up. And you're getting scared.

>It grossed 911M worldwide, which is not a billion.
>he thinks the movie is done making money

You realize Disney owns neither YouTube nor RT right?

Shh, don't tell him that WB owns RT. That will destroy his mind.

Someone asked for a Captain Marvel story time. Delivering

Attached: 925ADA02-F78B-4B0D-9180-80C9C9982FC5.jpg (1008x1600, 521K)

Attached: DD593C7C-F209-4175-A3FD-6FC69B9B5B59.jpg (1041x1600, 622K)

>>Shh, don't tell him that WB owns RT.
>he doesn't know

Attached: 6AD5A572-DF1A-4A9A-A37B-C292478D4BB2.jpg (1041x1600, 605K)

Attached: 99CBB68F-E0E7-4604-B365-CCD24CEC7078.jpg (1600x1230, 762K)

What are you trying to say, user?

It didn't

>I honestly think Shazam will have no trouble turning a profit
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1553708477065.png (1082x306, 67K)

Attached: 112F22A5-D607-4FE4-91AF-6609F04321BE.jpg (1041x1600, 583K)

>It grossed 911M worldwide, which is not a billion
Did it magically disappear from every theater in the world?

OH SHIT BAHAHAHAHAHA

DC IS FINISHED

Attached: 0132803F-2105-48EA-A78E-11B6367E517D.jpg (1041x1600, 549K)

Attached: 6E816D08-D875-4D08-8D11-F4AF8FD31EA2.jpg (1041x1600, 565K)

>copying Spider-Man: Homecoming

Attached: Why do you do this.gif (205x211, 1.17M)

Attached: 6A94E223-3654-4935-A93D-98A46F18FBB7.jpg (1008x1600, 509K)

As much as I enjoy an opportunity to mock DC I'm pretty sure Homecoming wasn't the first thing to use the idea of criminals wearing the masks of heroes.

Attached: 7784B874-F9E8-437D-906F-C358A6F70055.jpg (1041x1600, 606K)

Attached: CE375133-927E-4265-8A7C-01720EA82A32.jpg (1041x1600, 602K)

That's Shazam not Captain Marvel.

Attached: D1ZAJ6WU8AAQguG.jpg (1240x1241, 303K)

How you guys enjoying your Spring Breaks?

Attached: B334FF62-6918-4954-98E9-EF84021F172E.jpg (1008x1600, 527K)

Bendis used literally the exact same gag in Ultimate Spider-man almost 20 years ago

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 2.06.21 PM.png (1268x650, 1.65M)

>Batman mask in a Marvel comic
How?

That’s ms Marvel silly.

Attached: A15DD522-39FA-48AE-910A-495571669198.jpg (1041x1600, 620K)

Attached: 00A4BDCF-B9C1-4B09-9B18-244495BA70F9.jpg (1041x1600, 635K)

Attached: C75D0267-9BD8-4F0C-A4C9-656E9A787E4A.jpg (1041x1600, 494K)

I always liked to think the DC comics exist in Marvel and vice versa. It’s a stupid head cannon of mine that explains a lot.

Attached: 0ECB6467-A5F9-4F51-9B2D-D4EE9F909A61.jpg (1041x1600, 544K)

Attached: EB326C0D-33B9-4243-862F-CEB5D41A8D82.jpg (1008x1600, 472K)

It was a simpler time

Attached: 695C4FA1-6A27-4DE8-B7B3-0CB6C22C26E1.jpg (1600x1230, 605K)

Attached: 699A31F1-ED4F-43CC-8B1C-EC352A80D103.jpg (1041x1600, 609K)

Based

Attached: 4A3F069B-B479-4056-9520-E1D7A93724D6.jpg (1041x1600, 550K)

Attached: 22899DB4-C91E-47E4-B713-0CBF51B3FB51.jpg (1041x1600, 393K)

>Spider-Man: Homecoming using an old gag from a Spider-Man comic from 20 years ago is the same as a DC comic using a gag from a Marvel movie that came out the previous year

Attached: DEE4E73E-710A-4463-8FB7-E3E4F78AE0FA.jpg (1041x1600, 377K)

Captain Marvel manga when?

Attached: 9DA6B954-BC91-4C92-A0C9-58C00A7B4A22.jpg (1041x1600, 414K)

Attached: 6A3256CD-FEDD-4514-AA0F-630C42769B4B.jpg (1041x1600, 363K)

Attached: AE6B88ED-EFA5-4CC9-9200-CA2E2187C955.jpg (1041x1600, 417K)

Attached: 42BD13F2-A5B4-4C76-A7BF-6B2B5D8BE9D9.jpg (1041x1600, 422K)

Based, BvS was a car wreck in slow motion.

Attached: 1A8CE68E-2E20-43E8-9564-71B0F397E90F.jpg (1041x1600, 454K)

Attached: 18E9777C-0CCE-4183-B492-5D99FFBC05EA.jpg (1041x1600, 462K)

Attached: 460CEBC4-89E2-4147-994D-3EE13DB60192.jpg (1041x1600, 529K)

No. But he was getting ahead of the action,

Gotta promote the future super human and service agenda. o.o

>it was mediocre. too much material to cover for limited time provided.
So most Hollywood affairs. First season is good, but the rest suck. Good source damned by over stuffing, etc.

Good line.

>o.o
Why are you here?

Attached: 1546125249463.jpg (2048x1362, 570K)

Attached: did someone say lasagna.gif (313x232, 957K)

Have they really never given the "Shazam Family" proper superhero names after all these years? I get that they can't use "Mary Marvel" and stuff anymore but surely they could come up with something new.

Issue 2

Attached: B9594B11-F00D-482B-B16D-8D66C63DB878.jpg (1041x1600, 780K)

Attached: DDB6B802-5F57-4398-9651-A28B8859157B.jpg (1041x1600, 368K)

So who’s going to see the movie in theaters? I’m going to be honest, this is the first hero movie I have actually been hyped for since Spider-Man 2, over a decade and a half ago.

Attached: 596C7DCC-C26A-4889-BD2B-C12CE5C9BB56.jpg (1008x1600, 527K)

>So who’s going to see the movie in theaters?
Not many people, if is any indication.

Attached: CF31CC41-B12D-4526-B0CB-E7335BCD3763.jpg (1041x1600, 579K)

>So who’s going to see the movie in theaters?
Literally no one

Attached: 1553273258172.jpg (734x826, 271K)

Meh, it’s ok. Every movie I liked since Kubo has been a flop. It’s to be expected. Normalfags have low IQs after all. I hear Alita also flopped.

Attached: 14585D2A-7F8D-4AED-B76F-EE435854FAEF.jpg (1041x1600, 691K)

>we
Newfag detected. Yea Forums is not a monolith. People actually have individual thoughts around here, unlike you.

>I hear Alita also flopped.
You actually heard wrong of this, it's the fourth highest grossing movie of 2019.

>Meh, it’s ok
No it's not this bombing will literally kill DC moviewise

It's going to be straight to DVD from here on out like their animated shit

>fourth highest grossing movie of 2019
Literally 3 months in

Won't even be in the top 10 by July

And to think they were so close with Aquaman. They had a massive success, and what did they follow it up with? Some fucking D-lister nobody has ever heard of. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Good. I wouldn’t mind seeing DC movies die. Outside of Aquaman and possibly Shazam it has been shit. I literally just want Shazam to be good then DC can focus on the comics. With the movies being gone DC will stop trying to make the comics appeal to movie fags.

Attached: 1FE88B33-34BE-4871-B707-60734F1A289E.jpg (1041x1600, 636K)

Captain Marvel was literally the most popular golden age hero while Carol was a literal nobody until this year.

>What was the story there? I thought they had it sewn up. Did it turn out he really was beaten up by alt-righters after all?

No, the prosecutor basically just decided "Nah, he can go" out of the blue. Literally everyone (including the Chicago mayor and the police department) is flabbergasted because the case against him was solid and people really wanted to make an example of him. As an Illinois resident, I'm guessing there's some bribery or string pulling going on. It's just crazy how brazen it is if that's the case.

Yeah thanks for deciding that some off topic shit nobody cares about was worth entering the thread for the first time and giving your very valuable opinion on. This board really is infested with /pol/tards who don't read comics, you're all just chasing the next piece of drama.

>With the movies being gone DC will stop
Ftfy

The timing is more a problem than anything else

They should have put it in August or some other dead month

Sorry, it's just that it's big local news where I'm from and I thought I could be informative.

>seeing the pretender captain marvel instead of the real deal
I'll be watching Carol's movie for the fifth time instead.

Attached: 1553053560535.gif (540x250, 2.72M)

>$170m budget
>$400m worldwide (so far)
It's not a Solo-level flop, but that's not very good

>No it's not this bombing will literally kill DC moviewise
They just made a BILLION on Aquaman, you tard. And WW84 is coming out next.
Shazam flopping won't ruin anything.

It didn't

It's literally the only mainline DC movie coming out this year and yes when a billion dollar movie is followed by a massive bomb that tends to put a halt on everything else

This

Attached: D1YpQaFVYAUQeZw.jpg (486x527, 33K)

You mean like that time WW was followed by Justice League?
Good call, there was no big movie that came out after Justice League after JL put a halt on everything else.

>They just made a BILLION on Aquaman, you tard.
Most of it was China money. WB doesn't see a whole lot of that.

>Not even blue eyes
>Not even that

Fuck this movie. Goddamn.

I get that as a DC fan you're a fucking retard but you do remember that after Justice League everyone was fired and it was 13 MONTHS before Aquaman came out, right?

>narrative is changing
It was still the #5 movie of last year domestically.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 3.38.41 PM.png (1448x630, 203K)

>chillest marvel movie i've ever seen

Attached: how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.jpg (500x297, 20K)

Nice goalpost move.
You said DC movies would be dead if Shazam flops. But they went from JL flop to billion dollar aquabro.
Even if Shazam flops, they'll have WW2, Aquaman 2 eventually, SS 2... these movies aren't going anywhere.

I just wondered how you'd react to that since you people do it all the time with Captain Marvel's numbers.

>you people
What are you trying to say here?
Captain Marvel and Aquaman were both massive hits. Stop inserting company war bullshit where there is none.

No, don't you see? The evil villainous Disney bought all the tickets for Captain Marvel but the purehearted heroic WB did not buy a single ticket for Aquaman. Every movie I like has legit numbers and every movie I dislike has illegitimate numbers.

>where there is none.
You are literally in a Captain Marvel thread arguing about Shazam and Aquaman

>there can only be one conversation at a time
I never made it about company wars. I was merely saying Shazam flopping wouldn't end the DC movies, because that's a retarded opinion to have.
I'm sorry that your brain always defaults to defending one corporation over another.

And I'm not sorry. Reese's.

Trick question, it didn't.

>It was okay. Let's be real, most people on this site hate it on principle of it having a female main character.
Nobody hates it for that, they hate ti for being bad.

They do and are dmc bro, btw how're you enjoying dmcv, the best game in the series?
I want you astroturfing faggots to fuck off, we know resetera and reddit fucks like you come here and shit the board up trying to grassroot change, but it doesn't work on any other board you try it on.

he had friends in high places, served the narative pretty well, and they reduced his verdict so

Those things actually happened, you can literally use google to check it out unless they decide to take down the evidence.
They don't have to they can just buy them out, unless they have the same subsidiary.
>acting like anybody on Yea Forums likes this shit
everybody is bashing this movie on Yea Forums, they would elsewhere but wrongthink about Carol is not permitted.

>Nobody hates it for that, they hate ti for being bad.
Yeah, it's obviously the worst superhero movie ever. That's why this movie in particular got review bombed, when all the other mediocre movies around just got ignored. Absolutely nothing to do with hating women.

>They don't have to they can just buy them out, unless they have the same subsidiary.
But you're implying they made those changes on YouTube and RT. How do you suppose they did that if they literally own neither website?

>But you're implying they made those changes on YouTube and RT. How do you suppose they did that if they literally own neither website?
Because it's part of the zeitgeist and in both companies best interests to change things to suit their needs? You can literally search the internet and find proof of them doing this, rotten tomatoes admins admitting to changing it to "curb trolls", etc. This was even a big story here not more than 3 weeks ago, you're literally too lazy to do research.
>That's why this movie in particular got review bombed, when all the other mediocre movies around just got ignored. Absolutely nothing to do with hating women.
Yeah it doesn't retard, this is why Battle Angel got great reviews despite coming out around the same time you lying cunt.

So it's just a coincidence that Captain Marvel had as many reviews as the 4th highest grossing movie of all time before it was even out?
No foul play there, no sir!

>in both companies best interests to change things to suit their needs
One of the owners of RT is Warner Brothers. If they were changing reviews just to push an agenda, why the fuck wouldn't they do it on their OWN movies too?

What, this doesn't look authentic to you?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 5.25.47 PM.png (1418x1194, 1.33M)