Zac Efron & Amanda Seyfried Will Voice Fred & Daphne In Animated SCOOBY DOO Film

>They join a cast that will feature the voice talents of Frank Welker (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!) as the titular Great Dane, Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) as Shaggy Rogers, Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) as Velma Dinkley, and Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) as Captain Caveman.

>While plot details are being kept under wraps, the story will reportedly see the fan-favorite Mystery Inc. gang join forces with other heroes of the Hanna-Barbera universe to save the world from Dick Dastardly and his latest evil plot.

comicbookmovie.com/animated_features/scooby-doo/scooby-doo-big-screen-animated-movie-finds-its-fred-daphne-in-zac-efron-amanda-seyfried-a167391

Im excited for this tbqh

Attached: r3ydart-daphneandfred.jpg (1138x1500, 411K)

>to save the world from Dick Dastardly and his latest evil plot.

His world-threatening plots like winning a race, or catching a pigeon?

>not having Frank Welker as Fred after he played him for 50 years
>not having Grey DeLisle as Daphne after 20 years
>not having Matthew Lillard as Shaggy after 10 years
>for the sake of names on the poster that kids won't give half a shit about
legit angry, why even bother giving Frank the Scooby role when you can give it to fucking Seth Rogen or someone

I bet they weren't even approached with the offer

He'll kidnap Elroy.

What a waste of dosh. Why not get the regular voice actors to save money. I honestly would not be impressed if I met any of these people in real life.

Frank is 73. Just be glad he can do Scooby without fainting.

Frank is still voicing Fred in TV cartoons and direct-to-DVD movies.

Why should a new incarnation of something be limited solely to people that have voiced the characters in the past?

Its not like the Simpsons or a continuously running show - its one of many relaunches - a director should have the creative freedom to cast who they choose.

Frank loves Scooby and Fred you fag

You cannot seriously think that these casting choices were made as the director's vision, or for any reason other than to get well-known names on the poster.

This is a seriously bad sign.

>Zack Efron as Fred
>Amanda Seyfried as Daphne
Now give me
>Seth Rogen as Scooby
And
>James Franco as Shaggy
>Aubrey Plaza as Velma
And you have a deal, I know is gonna be shit but at least is gonna be a good kinda shit

Its a big screen animated film, getting somewhat known celebs is usually common practise. Again, I don't see why new people can't voice animated characters in a reboot.

>Zac Efron & Amanda Seyfried Will Voice Fred & Daphne In Animated SCOOBY DOO Film

Attached: 1530753409678.jpg (456x386, 81K)

It's not like anyone wants another animated Scooby Doo film

With a cast like that it'd be better if it was a live-action movie.

>cast is all in their 30s or older
I dunno about that one chief.

I'm going to guess that, with him being old as fuck, they're trying to groom Efron to be Welker's successor as Fred.

Has Efron ever done voice work before?

Are they going to do the same as the last smurfs movies, where the actor has some similarities with the characters?

Btw, is that part of a set? Because I want to see Fred stripped down until he's showing his fat uncut dick.

Because big names don't matter to kids and the fanbase is satisfied with the current voices.