Does the west have any martial arts comics?

Does the west have any martial arts comics?

Attached: T16.png (848x1200, 316K)

Wow, that guy can shoot hands out of his eye.

Did he die? What is this?

Boxing stories>MMA stories

Karate Shoukoushi Monogatari, the sequel of Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru.

Attached: 17.png (848x1200, 329K)

Why are martial arts manga so fucking edgy and retarded?

Depends. Does WEBTOONs count as western?

I guess?

This page looks like shit

Why does it look like shit? Explain

>Boxing stories>MMA stories
>Implying
Sakuraba's life story needs to become a madcap comedy.

Americans aren't into sports in which they suck, which are all of them, except the ones that they invented, that is why you don't see sport in other media that often

Japan has manga for every sport. I guess the American comic audience only wants super heroes.

American comic audience wants japanese comics

I don't think they're the same.

The thing is that there is no market for sport comics because if you want to see american football or baseball you see it in the TV, and because all the other sports don't exist there is nothing to sell

Not him, but the stance of the attacking boxer is way too far away and relaxed for distance covered by a supposed jab. He'd be lunging with stumpy arms like those. Also, the skull cutaway representing the defender's punched face overlayed over the exterior view took me a good 20 seconds to decipher - I thought he was an Incan prince or something from the sheer length of the head.

I can tell the artist is technically proficient and is trying to convey the ease of motion by the attacker, the head jerk and surprise of the defender, but its just weirdly composed.

And then I see and realize what kind of mange it is.

Attached: Schädel_der_Chongos.jpg (630x466, 34K)

That shitty manga got a sequel.

>Americans aren't into sports in which they suck,
Currently all the champions in the UFC are American or one Brazilian.

Master of Kung FU.

Wait actually.
Henry Cejudo-American
formerly TJ Dillashaw-American
Holloway-American
Khabib-Daganstanian
Usman-American raised, born in Nigeria
Bobby Knuckles-Kiwi
Jon Jones-American
DC-American
Thug Rose-American
Bullet Valentina-Russian raised in Peru
Nunes-Brazillian
Japan is something of a non-entity nowadays in the sport of MMA. Rizen is making a splash but they're having the same issue they had with Pride in that all the foreigners are kicking the shit out of the local talent.

We have a shitload of sports movies that get hailed as classics. Dramas centering around sports and athletes are nothing new to the west. The fact that these films are so beloved and how serious people take sports here makes it seem really weird that there is almost no cross section with the comic market the more I think about it.

I’m far from an American exceptionalist but america has the most Olympic medals of all time with no one really close to us.

To be fair if the Soviet Union continued to exist they most likely would have the most now

One medium cannot contain the sperge of beardos and sport nerds.

sadly there's really not a lot of martial arts comics if you ask me, like as main part of the plot no, but i might i well recommend Luther Strode or Last Man
This but i still like it.
there's plenty i would recomend such as Hajime No Ippo since that's probably the least edgy and retarded, but if you wanna go full retard there's Baki the Grappler, and if you want 'ow the edge' there's kengan Asura.

>tfw Yea Forumsn/sp/irator

Attached: Mets Easter Toad.png (420x415, 8K)

well that could be true.

>martial arts
You better believe it.

Attached: 250px-Power_Man_and_Iron_Fist_50th_Issue_cover.jpg (250x386, 55K)

Attached: the-strange-talent-of-luther-strode-vol-1_97d0cced66.jpg (290x446, 72K)