Disney is going to start airing Family Guy of Freeform...

Disney is going to start airing Family Guy of Freeform. NOTE: This will only be seasons 16 and up since Turner owns the syndication rights to the first 15.
twitter.com/nickandmore/status/1110339872248786945

Attached: 3f2275195a33dba715898781401d9c7c.png (808x455, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/matt-norcross/2018/07/14/freeform-doubles-down-stupid-promo-featuring-babies
youtube.com/watch?v=M-OnIgsPnP4
ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/153387002345
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh boy! More long-ass Family Guy marathons! It’s bad enough TBS spams the show, now Freefoam can too!

I don't watch TV

>Freeform
?

what the fuck lol

Formerly ABC Family,

Attached: shitpost guy.png (755x403, 324K)

With the added benefit of it being only shitty episodes of Family Guy, too.
Used to be ABC Family but then they started to play literally anything.

It's ABC Family but totes woke senpai, which is why "Family Guy" reruns will stick out like a sour thumb.

Wow. They're desperate for people to watch that trainwreck of a channel, aren't they?

>Turner owns the syndication rights to the first 15.
it just now fucking occurred to me that Turner isn't part of the Fox family. It's so weird that AS aired so many Fox shows until Viacom bought them.

also what the flying fuck is freeform?

This confirms Disney is going to pull the Fox shows from Turner when the contracts are up. Adult Swim is kill.

based

pretty sure under the contract, they can never remove 'family' from that channel's name, or stop airing the 700 club
even if they do add a super hostile blurb beforehand

Used to be ABC Family. Disney fought for years to be able to change the name.

Disney SAYS that rule was never in place, but most people assume they found a loophole when they created an HD version.

They're still stuck showing Pat Robertson, though.

How did they get stuck having to show the 700 Club? That's completely hilarious to me.

>Turner owns the syndication rights to the first 15.
So does the mean it won't be leaving AS?

>Family Guy on Freeform
>not FXX
Disney is going to shut down FXX, aren't they?

>Disney buys FOX Family
>Years later the buy the rest of FOX
That's crazy.

But will they continue to air it on the Fox broadcast network? They have no reason to.

>They're still stuck showing Pat Robertson, though.

That part comes all the way back when Saban and Fox bought the old family channel. Stuck with the 700 club. Then Disney bought it thinking it was gonna bring tons and tons of money.

Holdover from when Freeform used to be ABC Family, which used to be Fox Family, which used to be The Family Channel, which used to be Christian Broadcasting Network.

What's the difference between that and FX?

Pat Robertson owned The Family Channel. When Fox bought it, he put in an ironclad clause that they must give two hours to him every day. Forever.

So ironclad it even passed on to Disney when they bought the channel. When they renamed it they actually tried to buy him out, but he still refused.

>How did they get stuck having to show the 700 Club?

When Fox/Saban bought the channel in the mid 90’s that was included in the clause for some reason

Basically when Robertson sold The Family Channel to Fox back in the 90s, there was a stipulation that The 700 Club has to stay on the schedule for all future owners.

Disney tried to buy out of airing The 700 Club by offering Robertson $42 million last year (matching his annual revenue), yet the old goy still won't budge.

As long as Fox is willing to pay the license fee, yes.

FXX is the comedy counterpart to FX. They air Simpsons reruns.

>Disney tried to buy out of airing The 700 Club by offering Robertson $42 million last year (matching his annual revenue), yet the old goy still won't budge.

This reminds me of the South Park episode “Starvin Marvin in Space” which had a parody of the 700 club

That's absolutely hilarious. As progressive as Disney wants the channel to be they're obligated to give up two hours every day for a charismatic Christian to evangelize.

Attached: 1552896637384.jpg (837x463, 53K)

>The 700 Club has been on the air since 1966
>April 1st will mark its 54th anniversary

Only 646 more years to go!

Attached: flanders.gif (530x299, 472K)

Not until the contract expires.

And they fill it with stuff that would probably make Pat puke. Thats the best part.

Apparently it actually a reference to the 700 people who founded it or something.

Expect more gay Pat Robertson jokes just to piss him off.

Attached: 69141D1E-1306-4C51-928C-8C0839556581.jpg (328x347, 19K)

so is Fox Searchlight dead?

The show probably already have a contract with FOX.

Good, hopefully we can finally kill that shit and go full Toonami all week.

You forgot The CBN Family Channel.

Remember when it was just The Family Channel and played reruns of the Mario Bros cartoon? What a bizarre combination.

CBN also aired anime at one point.

They straight up co-produced some.

>They straight up co-produced some.
That they did.

Attached: classic-superbook-poster_copy.jpg (360x519, 38K)

>The American cable and satellite television network Freeform was originally launched as the CBN Satellite Service on April 29, 1977, and has gone through several different owners (and six different name changes) during its history.
wew

>In 1962, WYAH suffered financially and almost closed. To keep the station on the air, they produced a special telethon edition of the show. For the telethon, Robertson set a goal of 700 members each contributing $10.00 per month, which was enough to support the station. Robertson referred to these members as the '700 Club' and the name stuck. The telethon was successful and is still held annually.

and also the 700 club will air for 700 years. that's part of the contract

No, but Fox 2000 is.

who the fuck watches tv anymore?

Apparently, but it’s all “according to sources” Disney hasn’t made any statement

Me

I don't care, I just wish [adult swim] would stop airing it. I can let American Dad slide, but FG is the only thing stopping me from giving [as] a shot.

>Adult Swim is kill.
On the contrary, now adult swim will actually be good!

With what shows? With what ratings?

odd. seeing how family guy is probably going to be shut down by the mouse, this is really odd.

The syndicated fox shows are the biggest ratings earners by a hilariously huge margin. R&M doesn't air enough new content to appease the mindless people who watch Family Guy every night.

Thankfully they'll still be airing American Dad for a while. TBS ordered two more seasons beyond the current one, and if they air those across two years like the current season, it'll be fine until at least 2023.

> seeing how family guy is probably going to be shut down by the mouse,
Why would they shut it down.

because disney is a family company and family guy is not a family appropriate show.

Disney sees shekels and nothing else.

why?

I had a professor in college who said that Fox execs actually hated the show, but kept it going because it makes money. Disney will do the same. They don’t care about it ruining their family friendly image since most people don’t even know Disney owns it now.

They have a bunch of shell companies they can use without putting their name on it. All the freeform stuff is Disney but made through a shell

>Why would they shut it down.
probably because Family Guy has done multiple rather vicious attacks on both Disney the company and Walt Disney himself over the years, so I figure they'll probably sell off the Seth McFarlane shows to Time-Warner sometime in the next couple of years

Imagine hating that this guy gets to talk about god for 2 hours that you’ll literally pay 42 million to free up 10 am on a random cable channel no one watches

Attached: C5D19CA6-0D08-4664-9C54-6FDDF66F3119.jpg (680x401, 26K)

Yeah, let go of billion dollar assets because they made jokes

Okay I actually smirked at that

Sneed

Is this real, lol.

And with longer commercial breaks too!

Attached: 1533352601436.png (1050x1050, 98K)

Disney as a company is very protective of both it's own image and especially that of Walt's

Based 700 chad club working those Disney jabronis into a seething shoot

Attached: 1548458990038.gif (200x200, 198K)

Disney as a company also likes money

Attached: DyPxdrZVsAEyQ45.jpg (797x448, 23K)

>Hey.
>Stop the Disney jokes
>You got it boss!

Wow so hard

Probably, I remember seeing something like it after watching a Whose Line rerun on ABC Family years ago.

Oh yeah, even ABC Family ran these messages. The Jews at Disney have to make sure everyone knows they aren't associated with Christianity.

The funny things about that is right before they air the 700 club, they air a warning saying they legally have to air this and the warning changes every day
Stuff like
>Freeform is not responsible for the what you're about to see on your screen. Watch it or don't. We don't care either way

And
>The people at Freeform would like you to know we did not make the next program. We haven't even seen it

Heck maybe a Adult Swim renaissance

they show it at 4 in the morning, not even 10 am

Then why do they own Touchstone and formelly Miramax?

Shit most of Tarentino's career was technically at Disney

Toonmai all week would be suicide
This can actually be a good thing if it gets AS off their asses and producing more content instead of relying on FG reruns. You can see why they are leeching onto R&M for dear life

Family Guy and Bob's Burgers keep the lights on and if AS loses the chance to get new episodes and/or loses the rights to the current episodes, they are royally screwed. Like 4 episodes of American Dad and 8 episodes of Robot Chicken a night screwed.

They're going to lose AD too I bet.

I remember watching reruns of Super Mario Bros Super Show and Popeye and Son on the Family Channel. The only original shows I can remember are Big Brother Jake and the one with talking animals.

They'll just run the Turner owned episodes forever.

wtf i love Pat Robertson now

Attached: based and 700pilled.jpg (400x300, 13K)

>family guy, disney movies, and christian programming
What a clusterfuck.

Attached: image.jpg (553x398, 45K)

Haven't you heard the news? Family Guy is woke now too

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Attached: 1464024983855.jpg (490x490, 48K)

>Family Guy is woke now too
That "no more gay jokes" thing? That's only to make room for more "jokes" about blacks, Jews and other minorities Seth secretly hates. In fact, it's a well known fact that he hates trans people , yet has never actually admitted it to appease the SJWs. The man has everybody fooled except me.

Attached: one man klan.jpg (183x275, 6K)

I wonder if it means the new episodes will no longer air on Adult Seim

Well yeah, it's "woke"

Not him, but it's easier for me to multitask and I don't like sitting at my desk all day.

Also, I have many different tastes so having multiple online subscriptions is asking for trouble.

Oh, makes sense then. I still won't be tuning in to the Family Guy 2 Channel.

Which means it will be kill. Because actual normies don't care about weeb shit or any of [as] weird shit, animation or not.

Please, they're not going to fuck with it to make themselves look more family friendly to please the mouse because that actually makes money. It's not The Predator.

I have a feeling he isnt a fan of the trans shit either. I have nothing to base this off on other that the trans jokes in FG and that recent trans episode that really felt disingenuous.

Freeform lost Harry Potter so they needed something.

when did they lose harry potter lol they aired that all the time

Like a year or 2 ago. Syfy and USA have the movies now. I used to love those marathons. I could put them on and have them as background noise all weekend. ABC Family used to be really good like 20 years ago. Tons of syndicated sitcoms, anime and cartoons. It's garbage now.

I never did tune in regularly but I usually did for the 25 days of Halloween and Christmas.

Until Disney decides to give Turner a decent sum to buy those episode, and the first 15 FG seasons, from them.

I'd rather have nothing. Like literally, I'd rather they just air a blank screen, it would be a massive improvement over fucking Zombie Family Guy.

>top news stories are Disney buying fox
>high social media traffic on buyout
>no one knows

What we need to hope for is this buyout is what makes Disney shed its fears and just keep all the raunchy stuff the buyout brings with it.

Yeah, all 15 seasons stay in AS.

>>no more fox shows on adult swim
Dear lord! I might turn my tv back on?!

Attached: BF49F44B-030C-4806-87DB-890A022E0CF5.gif (350x197, 3M)

This is sneedposting done right IMO

>Family guy still wont die
damnit Disney was my last hope

Attached: Facebook-c6420c.png (500x423, 77K)

photoshop or really happened a cuz cant find scene it on youtube yet?

Attached: 0-LadyRedbush.jpg (474x266, 17K)

Well if they Axe The Orville then Seth will leave and setup with whomever will continue the series.

Does this mean Adult Swim and TBS will not get seasons 16 and up?

They make jokes every single episode about the fact that Joe is disabled.

Seth is putting all his care into "Not Star Trek"

Or they can push it back to 10PM where it belongs. Theres no reason why Adult Swim should start as early as 8PM. 8-10 could be used as a transition period with PG cartoons.

Ironically enough was Fox Family before that

Attached: Fox_Family.jpg (335x196, 11K)

>FXX is the Simpsons counterpart to FX. They air Simpsons reruns.
FIFY

It's sad when a fan project with money behind it is doing a lot better than an official continuation but STD chose it's acronym correctly .

>I had a professor in college who said that Fox execs actually hated the show
Was your professor someone who worked in the industry?

Except fox specifically said no more gay jokes because 'It's 2019, it's time to grow up *insert fart joke*'.

>Family Guy is woke now too
After quitting gay jokes in recent episodes, it's already happened.

Attached: sd.png (382x360, 160K)

Cringe and Bluepilled

>Freeform
The cable channel that is always playing the Harry Potter movies
They also got that shitty Cloak & Dagger show

That anime kid has a full frontal nude scene in the Adam and Eve episode. Anime is weird.

And before rhat it was just The Family Channel. Fuck I'm old.

Not just money, a bunch of original trek people starring, guest-starring and writing and directing.

Yep they've got a ton of Star Trek alumni in front and behind the camera.

The last couple episodes really felt like they could have been Trek episodes. "Blood of Patriots" is basically "The Wounded" from TNG but without the "Cardassians really are shady" angle.

>holowaifu episode
>"no one on earth has smoked for hundreds of years because it gives you cancer"
>"did you take drugs in there?"
>multiple addictions explored within episode
>meanwhile every other scene involves alcohol

More like Disney said it, since we got that announcement AFTER the announcement of the purchase

My bad, you're right. Fart and vomit jokes still get Disney approval though

Is FG gonna air on freeform and adult swim at the same time? when does AS lose the license

>no good originals
>70 something episode season of rick and morty in production
>they havent had any good anime in over a decade and hated the good ones they got and sabotaged them
[as] can get fucked hard and maybe the entire CN channel can just die since the daytime programming is ass too

Attached: 0lfori.png (685x622, 567K)

>you're right
lol

don't forget all the black, disabled and rapist jokes

TOONAMI ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING LETS GOOOOO

>TOONAMI ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING LETS GOOOOO
Yea, because FLCL seasons 2 and 3 was sooo good and the blade runner black lotus shit seems so promising. The retarded Demarco is everything people mean when they say SJW. He constantly uses the most braindead terms on his social media and put limits on what FLCL could do with the female characters.

and its a big waste of money, and he bitches that they dont have a lot to go around and then turns to fund new shit that no one is watching that block for

imagine Disney coming out and saying "you know what, we ARE a family company, and families include adults"

I want Pixar to make an animated movie with a woman being nude.

I have a feeling he isnt a fan of the trans shit either. I have nothing to base this off on other that the trans jokes in FG and that recent trans episode that really felt disingenuous.

That's what I'm saying, it will fit in fine on Freeform because its not going to be as problematic anymore

Again:
>cleveland is for black jokes
>joe is for disabled jokes
>quagmire is for rapist jokes
Not as problematic, sure

>Disney paid for this
well they're all furfags anyway, I wouldn't expect any less

Attached: 1549899980333.webm (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Are you kidding me? It'll still be problematic because now they'll be shitting even harder on every minority EXCEPT the gays. Family Guy is a bad fit for a network consisting of pretentious SJW bullshit and "The 700 Club".

newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/matt-norcross/2018/07/14/freeform-doubles-down-stupid-promo-featuring-babies

FLCL 2 and 3 were good though. Not as good as the original, mind you, but they were still decent in their own right.

They weren't, they were obnoxious as shit. None of the girls were likeable unless you were a waifufag.

Any other source? All sources point to this guy and he deleted the post.

Attached: problematic.png (613x344, 31K)

>was Fox Family before that

I can still hear in my mind the jingle:

>YOU BELONG YOU BELONG YOU BELONG WITH FOX FAMILY.

Who can forget cartoons like Animal Crackers and Donkey Kong.

Live actions show like SClub7 in Miami.

I’m old

>this will air on Freeform in mere weeks

youtube.com/watch?v=M-OnIgsPnP4

>stealing the "boo" joke from South Park

For one, they weren’t, and more importantly, both were total ratings abyss. Absolute waste of money

>it’s another Yea Forums episode where they think AS will skyrocket in quality and content simply by not having Family Guy
I see this episode a lot, but it’s funny every time

This. They have guttered all their successful originals over the past decade and have nothing to fall back on. Almost every original they make is god awful and the ratings reflect that. Even powerhouse shows like Rick and Morty only pull ratings once, then plummet.

Also, how quick people forget that Toonami was at rock bottom a few months ago, and only putting a double helping of FG in front of it is the only thing to have pulled it up

>Also, how quick people forget
its hard to with that peter shitposter avatarfag

Figures that Brian's true love would be himself. He loves to jerk himself off.

They'll edit out the vulgar/offensive jokes like back when South Park was syndicated, and not air episodes that are too offensive.

ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/153387002345