SHAZAM! Thread

Care to talk about Billy and his family? What do you think of the current ongoing happening right now? Apparently the plot happening right now with The Seven Realms is going to be involved in the movie sequel's plot. Do you think Black Adam will show up soon in the series? What do you think Dr. Sivana and Mister Mind are up to?

Also post your favorite Billy moments

Attached: Shazam cover.jpg (1876x2630, 819K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=73NdmMYZsnM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do you think Dr. Sivana and Mister Mind are up to?
Enable Mr Mind to skip billions of years worth of development to become a universe-eating cosmic horror, obvs.

I actually really like the Shazamily Darla stole the show in the movie

I think what Johns is doing is revealing that Mister Mind actually created the SHAZAM magic word to begin with, and The Council of Eternity just stole it after defeating him. The spell he's working on might be another magic word that siphons power off deities.
>Shazamily
Is that official? Because I'm seeing it on here more often and I kind of like it

Don't know, saw anons using it on here, said it to my family a few times when seeing it. Does seem catchy though, I dig it too. Also hoping Sivana brings a knife next time

TAWNY IS BACK BABY

Attached: shazam-4-page-3.jpg (1200x1845, 725K)

Goddamn, he's fucking hot.

Attached: tawny-current.jpg (1018x622, 107K)

Fuck, I should have trademarked it and pitched it to DC. Goddammit. Oh well. At least it's catching on

This but unironically

I’d like to see more elseworlds/whatever comics with him done by other writers. Nothing against the current ongoing, I just would like to see more stuff that doesn’t have to be tied down to the current continuity of the DCU.

Maybe let Jeff Parker write the character again.

Attached: B004FF39-4FBA-49E8-AE3D-67E4AECED616.jpg (1249x1920, 458K)

This is the twitter profile pic of the writer of the movie by the way
We're getting old school Tawny in the sequel

Attached: Henry Gayden.jpg (1422x691, 289K)

I was bummed but not surprised to hear that the movie would be adapting Curse of Shazam.
Having it seen it, they fix all of my complaints about that comic. The adoptive family really works well here, and Billy's a lot more likable. I think it's because he has a clearer character growth, and when he gets settled into the family it feels like the story's earned that moment It feels like they fused it with some of the Fawcett comics' whimsy.
It's the first DC movie I actually really liked, and I want to see what they have in store for the next one.

Will we ever see Uncle Dudley again? He must be related to Darla

>Will we ever see Uncle Dudley again?
I hope so

Retconning the Gods to have ! Be it's own thing is stupid, and the new Shazam family are underdeveloped but have potential. I hope it gets better because all in all I'm just happy Billy is getting an ongoing.

>I'm just happy Billy is getting an ongoing
It'll be nice if he gets "ongoing immunity" like Aquaman, Harley, the Squad, etc.. Especially after years with no material. Maybe we'll even get some reprints.

I just find the whole 7 magical lands thing formulaic as hell

>7 Magic Lands
>7 Sins
>7 Seats at the council
Etc etc

Shazam

Attached: MUH.jpg (1498x2013, 1.94M)

Johns is obsessed with the letter 7.

Attached: mightiest mortal.jpg (991x2960, 618K)

>The letter 7
>The Letter
>LETTER

Attached: 4785145.gif (361x281, 2.1M)

She really was the MVP.

>Moderately.

I am a retard

Oh god there's going to be so many Darla/Santa Claus jokes after the movie releases.....

Cast Tawny and Mr. Mind for the sequel

Attached: Mr._Mind.png (740x460, 272K)

>The spell he's working on might be another magic word that siphons power off deities.
DARLA GET DOWN!

So Yea Forums without spoiling anything for thread readers, how far do you think they'll go for Shazam 2 and are there any faces you hope will appear in the future? As odd as it might sound, I hope Uncle Marvel appears as a joke character. Billy's bound to have fans after all. I also want Captain Nazi, if only to see what the writers would do with a character like that.

Keep whomever did Mister Mind's voice in the after credits scene
I don't know who the hell they would use for the MSoE. Captain Nazi seems like he'd be out. Mister Atom seems like a safe bet, a magic robot. Black Adam could be on the team only to defect later

Attached: MISTER MIND MOVIE.jpg (576x749, 75K)

I love the credits sequence, reminds me of novels like Diary of a Wimpy Kid which is super fitting for Shazam
youtube.com/watch?v=73NdmMYZsnM

Attached: 1553382940049.jpg (2896x2896, 658K)

I'd love it. I wanna see them get fucking weird with future Shazam films.

CUTE

I shouted Shazam at my dick and it transformed into bigger dick

Maybe IBAC will show up, or even Z

Attached: CMA001-03.jpg (1000x1407, 387K)

Maybe Sabbac will appear in the future.

The official name in the comic is Shazam Family.

“Shazamily” sounds better

Ya I agree sounds better, but I do not think DC would ever use that as a official name. Maybe as a nickname or something like that.

Shazamily sounds like a shitty youtube channel.

Well you would know

Shazam is the spiritual successor to the Raimi Spider-Man movies

>trials of Shazam
as great as that art is, that miniseries was such a fucking dissapointment.

what is this from?
at first I thought it was from day of vengeance but the art doesn't match up.

Shazamily sounds like a shitty youtube channel under investigation by CPS.

So Billy goes on rants like Uncle Ben?

Yes

Attached: 4CFB7E91-3A6B-419F-A601-343FD52CA739.jpg (1052x2472, 321K)

Here hoping that Captain Nazi will show up

They'd have to call him Captain Alt-Right

Attached: Shazam Dubs.png (790x535, 350K)

I want to fuck them both.

He sounds like he has good taste, so yeah.

>Mary is canonically legal now
They knew what they were doing

Attached: DCAU Mary Marvel.jpg (606x1319, 59K)

>I named the gods, Doctor. Not the other way around
He's so fucking smug.

>sequel

That's what they said about Green Lantern. And Man of Steel. And Justice League.

Just trademark it. They'll sue you claiming they already own it, you'll counter-sue, discovery will show that they've never owned it, you'll settle for a small amount of cash and a percentage of all earnings on the Shazam IP for say 100 years or until it enters the public domain and DC no longer renews the trademarks.

It's not going to make you a billionaire overnight but you might get a few thousand a year out of it. Plus they'll be paying your initial legal costs back pretty quick. Just remember to register the trademark properly and promptly and be sure to *sign over responsibility for maintaining it* to DC.

I think it's from the time Marvel was in the JSA, alongside jakeem and stargirl

Attached: d1fso1wl.jpg (640x588, 56K)

Yeah but just by looking at the process behind all that I bet you DC lawyers would fuck you over regardless

I like the red costume more but in the movie I think white would have worked better for her look

Mary and Darla are cute. CUTE!

Attached: shazam_by_m_u_d_c_a_t.jpg (600x926, 380K)

I wonder if Mary is ever going to wear the white costume again.

So can the Family transform into their Shazam version one command now like Billy or only when Billy casts the spell?

I've been a good girl this year
Guy in Santa suit sweats profusely
Billy has shared his power with his entire family, and each of them can now transform upon saying SHAZAM! What's also interesting to note is that each kid seems to specialize in one particular power (Darla has the speed of Mercury for example).

I'm more interested in what their final names will be.

We need more Darla in the next one Also more Billy/Freddy dicking around with Superpowers

Shazamily was coined by Levi in the intro to the movie for the Fandango preview

Attached: 86C78717-1935-4DAA-AC72-4781DEB1867A.jpg (1284x1284, 621K)

Maybe much like Billy’s Father appearing we’ll get Darla’s Uncle trying to reconnect with her

Attached: Shazam! (1981).webm (640x480, 890K)

>That long tirade Billy has on Darla

Fucking hell man, even /pol/ wouldn't go that far.

surprisingly that's a thing. It's very old Jewish and it usually is implying a need for nourishment with wisdom rather than with food.

>That scene where Billy starts hurling lightning at the San Francisco Pride Parade.

Attached: pence.png (553x879, 347K)

this, more Jeff Parker stuff would be cool

Did they really have to adapt this scene word-for-word? Kind of unnecessary but I get they wanted to be authentic to the character

Attached: af66a93c84c018eed3c127c31d315fd0.jpg (622x288, 67K)

I still want to know who ! is

It’s probably Hoppy

BACK TO FORMULA?!?

It was a controversial move, but I'd say it was an important part of the film's narrative. Him casually calling Darla his nigga was a little uncomfortable though, but, I get it. Method acting and all that.

Stargirl appearance in Shazam solo when?

Attached: Stargirl_Concept_Art.jpg (1024x1024, 335K)

Just spinning Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures into an ongoing or limited series would be ideal.

Whenever Geoff feels like it

Attached: Courtney and Billy.jpg (500x700, 60K)

She’s apparently going to be in the Black Adam film and have an apparent romance with atom Smasher (disgusting)

Guess this confirms Tawny for the sequel

That was already confirmed the minute youknowwho name dropped the current Seven Realms

Nah, Hoppy is probably the 7th member of the Shazamily, I want to know who the ! from Shazam! is

Attached: bitch ass worm.png (697x317, 496K)

Obviously it's Agent !

Attached: Agent_!_001.jpg (503x927, 101K)

>comic came out in December and has references to the movie in it, like "Captain Sparkles", the seven thrones, older Mary.
>movie is set at christmastime
Wonder if it and Aquaman's release dates were switched around

>That one-take, 10 minute rant that Billy gave Sivana about the evils of homosexuality.
I still don’t know why they put that scene in the 3rd act. It really hurt the flow of the film.

It's set during Christmas because it's based on Curse of Shazam.

So now that we are getting Tawky Tawny who do you guys think is the next Shazam character that is going make a reappearance?

Black Adam

I meant character who have yet to appear in the post flashpoint continuity.

I hope Mr. Atom, I don't know why but I fucking love him.

Is BvS not a sequel to MoS ?

Yes, he's just retarded