Based

based

Attached: 1553518956752.jpg (734x902, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fandom.com/articles/bobs-burgers-tina-belcher-the-feminist-icon-we-need-right-now
youtu.be/KWZGAExj-es
youtube.com/watch?v=CtUuab1Aqg0
youtu.be/nvLQqe79eGY
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-offers-100k-get-donald-trumps-weight-accurate-scale-1075223
youtu.be/5I1v7aXYitI
youtube.com/watch?v=HsK6JT0dr8M
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1553798309627.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Based
>In that zombie state
I really don't know to say

Attached: 1550376898576.jpg (259x383, 81K)

What the hell did bob’s burgers do that was revolutionary?

Cringe and bluepilled. Women suck.

Shouldn’t the most recent be a Steven universe character or gravity falls?

>Couldn’t show a single female character in a 56 year period
Jerks.

Crazy how those ppg designs look better than what we currently have

Do they really have to draw everyone with that weird upper lip?

Attached: DrXNtzZXcAA2hTQ.jpg (197x246, 11K)

It had mostly male voice actors for female charecters, super progressive!

how is betty boop progressive? she just exists to be sexy. a better choice would have been minnie mouse or olive

>a few omission
they skipped the 60's 70's and 80's like they didn't contribute to the industry somehow. and the 90's technically considering thier two picks are 97 and 98.

Simpsons just looking out for their younger sibling and helping carry them

Attached: carry.jpg (1600x900, 430K)

>no minnie mouse
>or olive oyl
>or leela (you know they would have done it)
>or granny from looney tunes
>or strawberry shortcake
>or she-ra

>based
pick one

>minnie
>a character
pick one and only one.
Betty was actually raelly progressive since in many episodes she's moving the plot by herself instead of just saying "help" until the other dudes saved her.

It’s a reflection of the people who made this episode.

meanwhile Family Guy is the abusive middle child that shits on Bob's every chance it gets

Damn that's a sad list that omits so many fucking good characters.

Why Geraldine Grundy though?

It's honestly kinda nice to see it referenced by another Fox show in a way that isn't just Family Guy bagging on it.

It's better than whatever in the 56 circles of my asshole Family Guy's art style is.

everytime i see those mouths i wretch

Family Guy is just bitterly jealous that fart jokes won’t win them the two emmy awards bob’s burgers got.

>no sailor moon

>homage to women's cartoon history
God I hate these writers so much. It's five cartoons. That's the joke.

That’s anime

If they include anime it would completely BTFO this "joke"

I didn't understand Yea Forums's autism over Simpsons until I compared them to Yea Forums
All Yea Forums does is shitpost about whatever WWE is doing, and that's because they've been watching the shit all their lives and while they may have stopped, they can't let it go. Deep down, they hold onto hope that it'll be as good as it was in the 90s.
It's the exact ame shit with you Simpsons geeks.

Attached: The-Rock.gif (256x147, 1.48M)

It feels like they missed out by not making a metajoke and throwing Marge in there.

yknow, when I was a kid, we didn't know or notice or care if shit had girls in it. we just kinda thought they were hot. the bad kind of "Girls' shows" weren't mostly starring girls, they were just dumb and dumbed-down, unengaging.

They have to maintain the idea that the patriarchy had everyone in a stranglehold back then!!
nevermind when you actually watch sitcoms going back to their origin in the 50s, and every single time without exception, the woman rules the roost and outsmarts the man at every opportunity.

>life was good for women back then
>this TV show proves it
hmmm
user please fuck off

Archie had a cartoon in the 40's?

We are talking about tv, retard

>all created by men

This episode is going to get more views from people triggered about it, won't it

What's the criteria for this list exactly? It can't be that they're the main character because the Bob's Burgers girl is on it, can't be nonsexualized women because Betty Boop is on it

why would a kid care? nobody would complain if they included french/candian shows yet they are foreign too.

survive 9 seasons without ever having a single writer

the critera is one of the writter showing "it's totes fav EVER omg" list.
For Lisa it's illogical to not have a complete, autistic list of literally EVERY cartoon girl instead of that cheap "I couldn't google more than 4" joke

Attached: DrXNtzQW4AE-XJ6 (2).jpg_large.jpg (287x325, 15K)

should have included purple smart for sure.

I don't think anyone on Yea Forums watches Zombie Simpsons. They just laugh at it when it comes up.

This t b h.

>paid homage
>cherrypicks 5 shows and leaves out a whole laundry list of notable female cartoon characters
>Doesn't even have any Disney anywhere despite those being the ones most people would name off the top of their heads

Attached: 1549950399391.png (225x247, 105K)

the lack of disney just shows how long the show takes to greenlite an episode, this was probably in production before they got bought

How does that factor into Lisa's picture not having a depiction of a Disney Princess/Kim Possible/Lilo/etc, I don't think they needed to be bought by Disney in order to have a tiny babby reference to one of their characters.

>no Bean

>axel-rosered
you like inflation don't you dobson?

Attached: 1543352071605.png (640x481, 427K)

Pretty sure that's the joke.

It's funny to have five arbitrary characters on a wall to represent the history of female cartoon characters.

You can't call it a joke if it's meant to be taken seriously, that's not how it works.

Minnie, Olive are secondary characters to male protagonists. leela was part of an ensemble of characters same for Granny. They probably didn't add she-ra and short cake because of "muh toy commercials" shit they do to detract 80s cartoons.

>No Steven Universe
>No Kim Possible
>No Star Vs
>No Sailor Moon
>No Disney characters at all
>No Disenchantment

Pretty weak list, Lisa.

Is it supposed to be taken seriously?

>no anastasia

As we all know, sitcoms were the only shows on the air back then.

Over half of those are from the past 22 years.

>didn't have to wageslave their life away
>at most expected to have the house cleaned and dinner ready, otherwise pretty much all day free time
>get to spend time with your family while your needs are all provided by your husband
>didn't even need to marry a rich man to live the housewife life because the job market wasn't clogged up with women, so even a menial laborer husband could earn enough to support a wife and a few kids

Seems pretty idyllic to me desu, judging from Twitter women with their thousands of dollars in student debt these days seem pretty miserable

Honestly, I think it was shameless Fox shilling. They would've been better suited adding Steven Universe or Star Vs. The Forces of Evil to the list. Both have female creators and one actually has a female MC.

So why is Louise there?

Nobody is dumb enough to hold on to hope that the show will be better, we just like laughing at how fucking awful it is now

Why is Miss Grundy there?

probably because of

Most people aren’t content being NEETS, especially when it comes with little to no autonomy.

It's because Lisa has normie tastes even for a child.
That or the staff really was just pulling this "homage" out of their ass and aren't really fans of cartoons to begin with.

>not a single female character from 2000s
rude

>no Leela from Simpson's actual sister show.

They were unorinically safer, yes
Too bad economic growth demanded a bigger workforce and more economic activity

It's a shame since she's actually a more impactful character than Louise. Hell, even Bean would've been a better choice that anyone from Bob's Burgers. This sorta proves this isn't Matt's show anymore.

>Lisa is filming her reaction to the show
>Loves it and does it's good for feminism etc spiel
>All the while the Cartoon Women History picture is framed and hung up in full view
>No other allusions to it are made, simply in the shot the whole time
>Not used as part of a visual gag like most of the props used during the rest of the episode
>"B-B-But is it meant to be taken seriously though? I mean come on just because you don't like it doesn't mean you were supposed to like it in the first place!"
Unless you made that post as some retarded ironic shitpost in which case shut the fuck up anyways.

Attached: Kaptain.png (201x208, 96K)

Economic uncertainty and crippling debt sounds so much better though

>based
>pulled the micheal jackson episode
>destroyed Apu
Bluepilled and cringed into a blackhole

Attached: done.gif (220x219, 987K)

That show is progressive poison. It came out about the time people started to point out how girl cartoons are never popular and how there are no cartoons about girls. It took the wind off from anyone claiming to break the glass ceiling.

You need an outlier for teh lols

Attached: 1488236525492.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

Grass is always greener on the other side, user. I sincerely doubt you’d enjoy being a house wife

I'm 100% certain there are plenty of anons on here who would love being someone's house wife.

Attached: 1544328818206.gif (480x270, 81K)

But it's not making me laugh

nor the movie deal

So why are they pulling it now? I've yet to see the Neverland documentary, but its not like the allegations of MJ being a sicko popped up just last month - Dude had that reputation after him since the late 90s or something

Also the dude is dead so what the fuck is even the point

Attached: bullshit.jpg (570x558, 260K)

>implying there are more than 5 people on Yea Forums who actually watch zombie Simpsons
We just laugh at it desperately trying to be relevant from time to time

Current climate is inevitable considering the increasing needs of maintaining the economy. Nobody will be able to support a household on one man's income pretty soon, other than those who are already rich fucks.

>Betty Boop
>A character that was largely made for people to jack off to
>progressive
What

>simpsons being funny
Ok you got me there.

The guy being good with being tied up with bras was decent gag

Why are you comparing being a caregiver to being a burden on your parents? Raising your children right is a noble goal, its only cat lady feminists who have no children of their own that demonize family oriented women.

I think that's the point. It's a small scroll on her wall with some literally whos on it.
Lisa is a trendster feminist. She only does it because she's built her identity off of it.
It's like the football episode where she comes in expecting Flanders to tell her 'No' to joining the team, but he's more than thrilled to have her on. Which destroys her ego because she built it off the concept that society despises her attempts to be strong.
But the reality is that she's really only caring about it for the attention.

It is also one of their best episodes and it wasn't even a "guest cameo." It was him giving the voice to a fat white guy.

I mean the couch gag done by the BB crew was probably the only legitimately funny thing all season. So it makes sense they'd give them another shout out.

>putting retarded shit like daria or bob's burgers or fuckin archie shit over leela
BASED 21st century fox

why is K. Rool such a god tier character for reaction images

Attached: GangplankGalleonStops.jpg (283x248, 15K)

The jokes work because she's a kid, anyone with childish attitudes as an adult would be obnoxious, not funny.

Eeugh.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.01.20 PM.png (287x198, 98K)

Family Guy is just mad because his Younger brother American Dad is both more attractive and funner to be around.

>uses millions to transcend age, race and gender
>wants to be a child forever
>basically spiritual anorexia
>people don't care because undeniable talent and untouchable dancing
>allegations made purely for money
>they get settled and told to fuck off
>strangely no suicides or murders as a result of supposed years of abuse on many children
I saw in an interview where he said yeah he sleeps in a bed with kids staying at his house, he went on to say "It's the most loving thing you can do with a person." and i immediately thought 'well, not really, Michael' then it hit me: this guy has been pretending to be a child for so long it's sunk in, he really thinks and acts like a kid. I don't believe he molested anyone and the real mystery is where did his kids come from.

Bob works on Family Guy too. Family guy is very much undeserving of the emmys it keeps bitching about.

How do you know it was Axel-Rosered?

Except they didn't destroy Apu.

Back then, just being a female character and not a piece of furniture like Olive Oyl was progressive.

every character has to be recognizable in silhouette

where are his stripes

where is this from

sneed

hell

Why does he have two noses

>adding 2010s calarts shit
Fuckin no please

Oh yeah, the Emmy salt.
They bring that up at every opportunity.

Spotted the incel

Honestly would've dropped powerpuff girls and with the extra space added Josie (1970) and Sailor Moon (1992).

>No Jem
What the fuck???

Attached: jYiyRxgp0Xnxq.jpg (900x1042, 165K)

Attractive women in media are problematic, user.

Here's a perspective:
fandom.com/articles/bobs-burgers-tina-belcher-the-feminist-icon-we-need-right-now

I've seen it written about before, but Tina being that awkward, ugly, yet highly sexual kid going through puberty is a sort of milestone in that she represents and demystifies the female experience in a contemporary and funny way in a show meant for adults. She leaves behind the childish styles of As Told By Ginger and Braceface.

I love Daria, but fuck no. Helga should have been on that list. I mean, damn, she was created by Matt G's brother in law. Daria is a slice of 90's teen culture, as a character she's down right insufferable. Helga is the most well rounded female cartoon character of the 90's.

She's defined by her tsundere love for the main character, an unhealthy relationship and a constant failure of the bechdel test (yes I know it's flawed).

I saw hotdog girl dismissed her on that surface level view way back when. It's pretty ironic, considering Helga is actually an emotionally neglected girl who is highly intelligent and artistically gifted, but has no internalized her own abuse and wears her abrasive attitude as a shield. She loves Arnold because he's the first human to ever show her compassion, and that's so much more than that.

SU had a fucking lesbian wedding in it. Something doesn't need to be good to be historically relevant.

But she's thirsty as hell and not the main character. There's dimensions to her, but the comedy and drama of Daria's life as she provides educated opinions on culture and is basically smarter than everyone makes her more of a feminist icon

And she's voiced by a man.

It's not called Hey Helga! It's called Hey Arnold! Daria is actually the lead in her show.

Yeah and that's fine.

Needs an edit where the only thing on the list is Captain Marvel for 2019 because apparently it's the first and only example of stronk women in film history.

rent free

Sailor Moon?
She-Ra?
Jem?

>small sight gag
>asking for Barbies to be included
bruh

GOTTEM

Sailor Moon was Japanese and while it's not explicitly stated, it's pretty clear it's talking about Western cartoons. She-Ra was a pretty shameless cash grab, so I'm not sure if it's something that really counts as a milestone in feminism. She only existed because the creators wanted some of that sweet He-Man dosh and since there's always been a debate over what killed He-Man that She-Ra has been the center of for decades, that doesn't really bode well either.

Jem, I don't know much about so I'll give you her.

no one pointing out bubbles with a pony tail

Jem was Barbie competition through soap opera drama. She's an 80s material girl, but she runs an orphanage and is a business woman as well as a super star. Not feminist enough to make the list.

ITT: people who think a background picture in a comedy cartoon is completely serious and unironic.

The concept, sure. Because you aren't living it. You can idealize it in whatever way you want because you don't have to actually live with the consequences.

>No Velam Dinkley
>No Lola Bunny or Sandy Cheeks (as a joke)

Surprising

Jinkies! Where's Velma?

So is Doctor Girlfriend and she's one of my favorite female characters.

>no She-Ra

An outrage. I and the other seven fans of the original 1980s she-ra will not let this stand.

Can someone tell me who the fuck is woman in 1941 ? I literally idk who she is ...

Attached: 5997CA43-6A55-4CD7-A9F1-D9BFF834C5FA.jpg (495x301, 107K)

>demystifies the "female experience"
the only people who felt and acted like her, or even remotely what she is parodying, were the most pathetic of all teenagers. Claiming she is similar to most women growing up is an insult to women.

Why the huge gap between the granny and Daria?

Also:
PPG and Louise aren't grown women?

The Simpsons

You'd think super liberal Lisa would have Steven Universe on there. But I guess there's only so much room.

>No Birdy

Attached: birdy vs the homeless.webm (600x338, 2.89M)

No, but it's an unflattering and "real" character.

Isn't that Archie's teacher?

Though Archie's a comic, not a cartoon, and she was far from being a main character, so no idea what she's doing there.

STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER

DAMN RIGHT!

Attached: BIRDY OUTTA NOWHERE.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

I think they're being funny. Maybe it's about how there's a huge gap they couldn't fill so they just picked someone at random. Maybe she was a canon feminist but that trivia is so obscure only Archie historians would know.

there were plenty of flawed female characters before her. She "demystified" nothing about the average female teenager unless you believe that they are like her.

God I wish that were me.

Who else is an unflattering weird puberty girl with odd fetishes?

like I said, only the lowest and most pathetic, men and women.
almost always they end up as pathetic among adults, too.
to say that she is finally addressing a very real and near universal part of the female experience is an insult to women.

Here, have one last webm

Attached: Birdy - Why would you ever invest in DEF.webm (720x480, 2.43M)

it's just a homage to a fellow fox show that features a female, stop fucking overthinking it

Attached: Louise-5.jpg (1020x1912, 290K)

but for what purpose ? and why is archie's teacher here ????

>Louise
>Not Tina
It's because of the ears, isn't it?

I thought it was agreed that Velma was great in old scooby doo.

Yes we know user, this shit always goes the same way
>"There are no female video game characters"
>lists fifty, many of them the protagonists of best-sellers and timeless classics
>"There are no female video game characters"
Gradually you will begin to hate them

You're saying she's not demystifying anything while providing no examples. You can tell me that she represents weirdos who don't need representation or demystification, but that's more of a you issue. Puberty and weird sexual awakenings is common regardless of gender. I'm not saying it's universal, so I'm not sure why you're going in this "insult to women" direction.

Either a joke because the gap she finds herself in is slim pickings or she's a canon feminist and some Archie geek would know this minutia.

So... Where is Nefcy?

Hate who? The voices in your head? I remember threads on Yea Forums where they thought that that's what people were saying but they couldn't find anyone making those claims, only people excited about Gone Home being a "feminist" "LGBT" "game". No one called it the first anything, people just like to think that praise and appreciation are mean people at least think it's the first even though they don't say it. It's really, really dumb. Someone autistically made a list of female characters for no reason.

>why isn't history only about the 20010-2019 era that is the only part of my life I remember

How very sneed

Attached: 1541780642752s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>Puberty and weird sexual awakenings is common regardless of gender
that's the point, what she portrays isn't common, it's only present in the ABSOLUTE WORST humanity has to offer (okay, that might be an exaggeration but the vast majority of people who went through the "female experience" do not resemble her flaws. It was talked about like she shows how teenage girls really are, when previously they had been held up in popular culture to higher standards, in a way being "mystified".
The reason I don't have to provide any example isn't because this character portrayal is common, but because it isn't actually progressive to portraying women in a realistic way unless you hold a very low view of women.

don't slut shame

Your list is pretty weak.
>No Æon Flux
>No Babs Bunny/Dot Warner
>No Carmen Sandiego
>No Peggy Hill
To name off the top my head.

More like baited

I always love it when there is a resurgence thread of 90s/y2k anime when on Yea Forums. Kind of sad that anime/manga has far more empowering female characters for a country still heavily a male dominant society.

>allegations of MJ being a sicko popped up just last month
user. He had a secret child porn sex dungeon in Neverland. Look it up. That was revealed forever ago.

>Lesbian wedding
>With two characters that look atypically like a man and woman
>And are not officially women, but two genderless aliens

Nah.

She's too feminine and pushes stereotypical gender interests onto girls to be considered positive anymore.

Attached: 253453563463.png (612x871, 555K)

>dude I saw a fiction documentary with only sad people as proof, it totally happened, fuck all the actual legal actions that proved otherwise with facts. HE WAS SAD ON CAMERA HE WOULD'NT LIE FOR MONEY YOU KNOW

fucking slave.

>>No Peggy Hill
who in their right mind would ever put her in a list of good things that happened on this world outside of Hank and Bill?

fucking gottem!

Never fucking satisfied, are you?

>we want to be more inclusive...by being more divisive to the other sex

L M A O

But Tina isn't representing all women as literal zombie butt fetishist horndogs, just someone who is allowed to be sexually weird. You seem to think the higher standard was always progressive when it's a conservative construct. That's not to say it's bad, higher standards are good, but that some standard of "fat, stupid, ugly husband" with "thin, witty, pretty wife" is classic and holds women to a higher standard than men. Traditionally, that's how it's been. Women wouldn't even be depicted as being capable of swearing, so showing even that lower standard was "progressive" a few decades ago. It's showing that women are, like men, human.

are you?

>Also the dude is dead so what the fuck is even the point
get more money
otherwise, why are people being so judgemental about him and not about trannies doing this to children

Attached: MJ died for this.jpg (817x1263, 429K)

Well, yeah. Featuring a lesbian relationship, a lesbian kiss, and a lesbian wedding was pretty satisfying. Along with Loud House and Voltron, I'm pretty satisfied with homosexual representation in modern mainstream cartoons. There's a fair number of them and none of them are one note joke characters that have their orientation played off for a laugh or ignored.

took this long for people to ask about Velma. Jeez.

No Gadget. No Josie, no Wendy the good witch.
Hell, Firestar from Spiderman and amazing friends, or any of the X-women. notably Rogue was loved.

Some very odd choices.
70,80, and 90's were just rife with female leads.

Spicy City was introduced and had females as the main characters in over half the episodes.

lol, and I go back out to Yea Forums/ and the top thread is Kim possible. yeah.

Because he's a celebrated pop icon and whatever that is is more fringe than this.

youtu.be/KWZGAExj-es

Okay, let's see:
>Betty Boop
>weirdly looking Granny from Looney Tunes
>Daria but with short hair
>PowerPuff Girls rip-off
>Louise form Bob's Burgers

THIS.

That's Archie's teacher and it's funny. It's a joke.

It’s more of an indictment on how no one here knows how to write actual, interesting characters anymore.

But anime is often more trope heavy while being free of marketing teams telling people to make the characters for kids while the characters are passed around various writers. Each industry has their own problems, but they all manage to make interesting characters despite that.

Attached: YES OH MY GOD.webm (1280x720, 586K)

where are the colourful tiny horses?

The current climate was only caused by women entering the workforce in the first place.

>It's a joke.
how?

She fills in a 60 year gap between Boop and Daria. It's like saying there were no feminist icons until Daria.

>just someone who is allowed to be sexually weird.
that's the point, whoever wrote that article was acting like in truth, teenage girls are" highly sexual" even when they aren't attractive, and it is progressive to show her that way.
But she resembles the only the worst of real teenagers. she only portrays a vast minority of teenage girls, and that isn't meaningful to the "female experience"

Your example of women being shown as swearing implies that it is progressive because in fact women do swear, often as much as men, and acting like they don't by never portraying them as such is inaccurate. that is actually TRUE, so it makes sense for that to be seen as a progressive depiction of women.

>Mystery
I thought it was n open fact they're invitro and suspected not biologically his since they don't look much like him.
I think a lot of what Michael does is an act but out of an attempt to capture the youth he wants. I even saw a documentary where someone says he would drop the persona and had a deep voice.
That's the point, she's an equivalent of the typical horny loser male equivalent seen constantly in media.

>That's the point, she's an equivalent of the typical horny loser male equivalent seen constantly in media.
but that isn't the point brought up western media has long since been portraying more accurate and common versions of awkward teenage girls.

>that's the point, whoever wrote that article was acting like in truth, teenage girls are" highly sexual" even when they aren't attractive, and it is progressive to show her that way.
>was acting like
How exactly were they acting like this? Teenagers aren't highly sexual? Hormones and puberty amping up feelings in teenagers is typical. How is it not progressive to depict someone like that? Most girls aren't preppy social butterflies her just blush at the thought of a peck on the cheek from whatever boy band icon is popular at the time and Tina embodies the experience in a unique way because each experience is unique. Getting caught up in the semantics of "the female experience" isn't constructive because a few decades ago swearing wasn't considered part of the female experience. It doesn't HAVE to be, there are still women who don't swear, it just broadens the image of women in media.
Being sexual isn't always as cute as having crushes. Crushes have been commonplace in shows and there is a sexual aspect to that. Tina bringing the sexual weirdness to that common trope and being female helps to show that not all girls are clean and cute and makes that as endearing as any other type of person.

Who else is like Tina?

It's the only fox show with good r34.

Attached: 1553536033032.png (403x249, 103K)

source of the anime?

>tfw Birdy will never step on me

Why would you do this?

You have to be more specific.

Giving a hurt girl some candy? Observing rule34? Always be polite!

youtube.com/watch?v=CtUuab1Aqg0

This further proves that seemingly no one understands the motive behind Daria by being included in shit like this and further shows the reboot is gonna miss the point to.

It's like everyone gets braindead retarded when it comes to women and them being involved in any god damn thing.

This. There are several anime casts with 90% female, some of them are even action based and barely have any fan services, like Claymore.

God the fanadom articles are worded so god damn annoyingly. And Tina is the worst character in that series even after they ruined teddy

full pic please

once again, I TOLD you why this issue exists in a vacuum, other characters are more accurate than her.

>Teenagers aren't highly sexual? Hormones and puberty amping up feelings in teenagers is typical.
the point is that only a minority of teenagers, boys and girls, will experience being such a creep. I don't actually have a problem with the actual character, I have thought she was funny. but the thing is people are laughing at her, because she is pathetic.
trying to start a movement to portray female characters as flawed in such a way does not mean that they are being portrayed more accurately.
And if whatever anti-feminist social structure prevents this type of behavior, it is better for everyone involved.

Which characters?

what part of the issue existing in a vacuum don't you understand? it's totally independent of individual characters. If you must, look at maybe any other teenage girl in the same show?

Tina is weird, but she's weird in such a way that we can relate to at times. All three of the Belcher kids are weird, it's not about portraying average girls, that's what a lot of media are hung up on. Guys traditionally take on a larger variety of roles where women are often just "the chick". Tina not being an average girl is more empowering because she shows you can be unaverage, uncool, and still be confident.

>And if whatever anti-feminist social structure prevents this type of behavior, it is better for everyone involved.
The behavior happens regardless, it's not about preventing it even though you said you enjoyed it.

If it's individual, then accuracy doesn't really matter and Tina is as accurate as any other obnoxious "average" child character. It looks like you're trying to tell me that any other character that doesn't push any boundaries and is just average is a better feminist icon by merit of being a female cartoon character.

Wasn't there some weird Archie comic where they consider creating a feminist group in the school but then they don't because they enjoy stereotypical gender roles more than liberation?

>implying anyone gives a shit about SU

>dissing Olive Oyl because she wanted to fuck two dudes
That doesn't sound very progressive, tumblr!

I didn't know it was called Louise's Burgers

That person was arguing that Helga is somehow a better and more relevant feminist icon than Daria. There's plenty of episodes without Helga, the Belchers are mostly all present for each episode.

>Tina is as accurate as any other obnoxious "average" child character.
the point is the Tina is accurate to a specific type of person, and it is not the type of person that "it is okay if you are like", that isn't a message that should be provided. She really pushes no boundaries, and at this point I don't think you could really make a feminist icon out of a female cartoon character aside from maybe making them a lesbian or trans? aside from that, girl cartoon characters have already even overcompensated for previous sexist portrayals.

>mfw someone beats me at my own game of cropping Louise.
pahael's got it.

Attached: 524532.png (946x880, 526K)

>Babs Bunny/Dot Warner
>Peggy Hill
You are in no fucking position to call anyone's list "weak" with taste that fucking abhorrent

Attached: 1553493886074.jpg (750x750, 78K)

>he doesn't save fetish art reaction images

Attached: lovrina.jpg (159x157, 15K)

>"it is okay if you are like", that isn't a message that should be provided.
Why not? She's confident, smart, serious, and responsible.

>She really pushes no boundaries,
But you can't tell me who else has pushed the boundaries she has. Who else is like her.

>and at this point I don't think you could really make a feminist icon out of a female cartoon character aside from maybe making them a lesbian or trans?
What makes you say that? It sounds like you misunderstand what a feminist icon is.

>aside from that, girl cartoon characters have already even overcompensated for previous sexist portrayals.
Like Gamora and badass kungfu chicks? That's not what being a feminist icon is about.

Are you telling me to choose my waifu?

granny

sad thing is, all those things are better than simpsons.

jesus, why would you put Daria there?
show is 1 million times better than simpsons and Daria is a better character than fucking Lisa ever could hope to be, even if they had another 100 seasons and Daria has been off the fucking air for 20 fucking years now!

Are you a girl? Can you be my girlfriend?

Regardless of the quality of the show-

Wasn’t Daria a complete asshole and her whole personal arc realizing that?

HAHA!! REFERENCES ARE SO FUNNY!!!

How does that make her not a feminist icon? You think that they can't have their flaws?

DIARRHEA
CHA-CHA-CHA
DIARRHEA
CHA-CHA-CHA
heheheh

How do you make a joke about feminist icons without listing feminist icons?

When is Family Guy gonna shoot up Isle Vista?

None of those characters are feminist icons. Maybe that's the joke but it's hard to tell with Zombie Simpsons

You guys are missing the point, it shows girls going from fanservice (IE not annoying to men) to annoying loud and screechy to anyone but the female gender themselves.

what is this, diaper shit?

Feminists are female Incels, the only difference is that they have larger soap box. No wonder they like a disgusting character like Tina.

>That person was arguing that Helga is somehow a better and more relevant feminist icon than Daria.
Helga is more relevant period due to HA's new movie winning an emmy

Women don't want to see their flaws on screen user.

They like Tina because culturally females have culturally been held to a higher standard than males, especially in animation. Showing that they can be flawed like male characters is good.
There's sex negative and sex positive feminists for sure, but I'm not sure why you'd think they're all incels.

jesus

Link?

What's wrong?

especially in animation?

Yeah, most female characters, even when they're animals, are given "pretty" female features to define them as feminine while males are depicted as normal. TV at least had Rosanne to show a frumpy couple, but in animation it's mostly ugly, fat, dumb males paired with pretty, thin, witty females. It shows that males can be acceptable and endearing if they are imperfect while women are expected to fit a certain standard.

Attached: 12-clone-high.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 167K)

you're getting the complete opposite from that shit but im not surprised to find someone on this board bitching that the dumb male pretty woman thing is actually hurting women

But what if you don't want to get marry?

It's holding women to higher standards of beauty and attractiveness while males have had decades of "body positivity" and normalized their flaws. Yes, it's important to have positive icons too, but while males have Batmen for their Peter Griffins, women have Catwomen for their Lois Griffins.

jesus fucking christ

So between 1941 and 1997 there were no cartoons with women in them?

Based and cunnypilled.

Attached: 1539894255310.jpg (382x377, 35K)

Nice reply.

Attached: 00f.jpg (760x596, 226K)

im not going to put much effort into talking to someone about this shit on this board, its a pointless attempt

How so? It's weird that you're just voicing disapproval vaguely because you're afraid to be specific here.

>But you can't tell me who else has pushed the boundaries she has
as I have been saying this whole time, it is because she doesn't push boundaries to begin with, not because she isn't unique.
>Why not? She's confident, smart, serious, and responsible.
she is blatantly a joke character and nobody would want to be like her. anyone who sees themselves in her should probably feel offended.
>Like Gamora and badass kungfu chicks? That's not what being a feminist icon is about.
No, I mean characters that blatantly subvert gender roles, or even actively support feminism directly in character.
> It sounds like you misunderstand what a feminist icon is.
I am going off of what the article describes Tina as one, tell me your definition.

>vaguely
i already said you had it backwards
>you're afraid
thanks for proving why talking to retards like you is pointless

>tfw you realise Zombie Simpsons began the same year as Daria

Could they not have come up with a better text than CARTOON WOMEN'S HISTORY? It seems so stupid sounding, which only highlights the dumb motive behind it in an already stupid episode about these kinds of things.

Honestly I don't even watch the show anymore. I just come around to lurk and focus on the porn.

Either Yea Forums has threads like these often and I've just narrowly been missing them every time or somehow Yea Forums is starting to be the better board. This isn't an east vs west post, its board culture. The worst of Yea Forums is waifufags but this board has that even worse and then some.

>there were no feminist icons until Daria
I feel like that's wrong.

>i already said you had it backwards
That's vague as to how it's backwards and why. If you're trying to say that depicting all women as pretty, witty, thin Barbies is helpful for women, you're simply wrong because it boxes in what it means to be an acceptable woman more narrowly than what it means to be an acceptable male.

>thanks for proving why talking to retards like you is pointless
Are you afraid you'll waste your time? You're replying pretty fast, so it seems like you want to converse, but you have nothing to add with no attempt to clear anything up. You're making me feel more right.

Anyone who considers Daria a feminist icon really doesn't understand what Daria was about.

That sounds like part of the joke.

I'm pretty sure it is, but I can't think of any that aren't glammed up action girls or Velma. Velma would be a better choice than Archie's teacher but I think it was going for the lol random chuckles.

>That sounds like part of the joke.
Yea but the episode doesn't seem like it'd have this as a joke.

Isn't Little Audrey from the 40's?
I don't really know what makes a character a feminist icon

Female characters started being truly shit around the 90s action girl marketing and they never recovered. 2010 saw them get a whole lot worse.

Well, they were barely "characters" before

When it says that above a picture of women a few feminist approved female characters from only five shows, one of which is an Archie rando because they had to put SOMETHING between Boop and Daria, it's a joke.

She's probably a better candidate than what they had up there. Better choice is Little My who was created by a lesbian which makes her an honorary feminist author for some reason.

Attached: ce98e03fde956eb4eaf890822680a7ca--little-my-moomin-les-moomins.jpg (236x238, 7K)

>I don't really know what makes a character a feminist icon
if they appeal to women, thats all it takes, some people actually care about logic and only refer to feminist icons as ones who say things related to it but most female characters in general that are grouped into this nonsense have at least one scene that can be taken as girl power even if they're just telling a guy they want to go with them on a quest or something without saying anything about the gender

but if you're a guy and write that "basic" stuff that was originally accepted its seen as not true to heart or some shit despite being the same thing

user the Simpsons writers for the past decade have done things that should have been jokes but were intended to be serious, they're inept. The entire episode was about Bart committing crimes against the patriarchy since his friends got mad at him for liking a female reboot of a beloved classic.

>as I have been saying this whole time, it is because she doesn't push boundaries to begin with, not because she isn't unique.
How does she not push boundaries? For this to be true, there should be other characters like her, but you can't name them. There's puberty episodes of Brace Face, but she embodies more than the one time awkward run in with the talk with a girl that's pretty but she has braces.

>she is blatantly a joke character and nobody would want to be like her. anyone who sees themselves in her should probably feel offended.
That's not what's happening because she's actually endearing.

>No, I mean characters that blatantly subvert gender roles,
Sounds like Gamora.

>or even actively support feminism directly in character.
Who then? Wonder Woman? There was Phil and Lil's mom but she was hardly ever on screen and when she was she never laid down feminist thought, she was just energetic.

>I am going off of what the article describes Tina as one, tell me your definition.
Strong, confident women who persevere despite their flaws. They aren't repressed, emotionally or sexually and express themselves.

And we're supposed to take a timeline that dedicates a 67 year gap to Archie's teacher seriously.

This has to be a god damn joke. She isn't endearing in the slightest and she doesn't push boundaries.
>strong confident women who persevere part
This reads so fucking awfully.

Not your user but why do you insist on posting this shit? It degrades the board and we've been a laughing stock for ages.

I know Yea Forumsmblr has been dragged through the mud and is largely just a buzzword but this is the true meaning of it.

>she's actually endearing.
She isn't funny and it's pretty hard to root for her. I guess this is one of those things that men and women just cant see eye to eye on and she's only funny/endearing to women or the jackshittiest of guys. This is like a girl saying she sees the number 4 and a guy saying he sees 7.

>She isn't endearing in the slightest and she doesn't push boundaries
Then which characters are like her?

What makes a feminist icon to you? It's hard to answer this without sounding tumblry, but it's fun to talk about.

Thank you?

Yeah probably agree to disagree. Don't understand why you'd be shitty about that.

I hope I'm not the only one that understands that aside from being lazy character design, making the women more humanoid when beautiful is based on the human mindset, it's easier to find something attractive for humans when it looks like what our mind is wired to think as such. Other wise you end up with normal looking poodles with bedroom eyes where it almost looks like they're wearing eyeliner (the times where their eyes have thick outlines like mascara or something) in order to get across to viewers that they look attractive.

And in some cases guys aren't furries or scalies or whatever the fuck so they dot feel comfortable drawing a normal outlandish alienized design being hot. Though sometimes it loops back around that it'd be something we DONT find attractive that their species does.

It's really on a case by case basis and you cant just group these things into "higher standards for women". Hell, even what I've just said isn't absolute, its just a logical perspective that can be had for certain instances.

>How does she not push boundaries?
a lack of public outcry or attempts at censorship by the FCC?
>Sounds like Gamora.
you can subvert gender roles without engaging in combat...
>They aren't repressed, emotionally or sexually and express themselves.
THAT
that right there
you claim that it is good to have "flawed" characters, but you look at Tina being an outright creep, disgusting and shameful, and you commend this behavior in the name of feminism.

So everyone on that show has flaws but if you really had to pick a belcher that was endearing inspite of their flaws you could have gone with louise or even linda but how could you be autistic enough to see this in tina? I honestly think the only reason people like her is because shes awkward and quirky and since thats "funny" people feel they relate.

I agree

Godzilla wasn't a girl though.

>Tina being an outright creep, disgusting and shameful
So guys like Teddy is fine but when its a girl its disgusting and shameful? Just because she's a teenage girl finding her sexual identity? It's worse once you're past puberty, with Tina it makes perfect sense. Guys ogle women all day but when a female cartoon character looks at a dude's ass it's "being an outright creep, disgusting and shameful", nice hypocrisy. Stay classy.

When you define boundaries as just what's outlined by the FCC you mean that boundaries are only pushed when they're offensive. I think we're using different definitions.

I understand your distaste for that inclusion of sexuality being part of feminist icons, but it means being as free as male counterparts. Bart, Chris, Steve, and other cartoon boys have had crushes and expressed their sexuality just fine, so the fact that Tina isn't repressed puts her on their level. Her weirdness, her creepiness is a flaw, but a flaw like Steve winning an award for masturbating. The feminist angle comes in because traditionally female sexuality is meant to be reserved, so some get the feeling of dissonance when considering other feminist conversations about male sexuality. There's lots of different conversations with lots of different people and some do get caught in using "punching upwards" as an excuse to have double standards when they are extra sensitive about male sexuality but open with female.

They're both great, but Tina's weirdness and uncoolness makes her more of a statement. Linda and Louise are great, but Tina is more complex than most.

>So guys like Teddy is fine but when its a girl its disgusting and shameful?
no, it's the same for men and women.
they can be FUNNY, sure, but not progressive.
>It's worse once you're past puberty, with Tina it makes perfect sense.
No, not really. almost always what happens in puberty does not stay in puberty. Creeps are creeps for life.
are you seriously calling me a hypocrite? you know nothing about me. I don't "ogle" women or defend creepy men.
the point is that she should be seen for who she is, not as a subversion of stereotypes.

And what she is is an amazing female character.

It's indicative of what we value in women: attractiveness. That's not to say that male attractiveness isn't a factor to anyone, but largely females are pretty. An animal character that is a female isn't going to look like the default or be indistinguishable from males like with wolves or cats, they're going to have pronounced hips and chest, prettier features, long eye lashes, maybe make them pink or put a bow on them or something. It's a part of the same conversation because we give the male form more leeway.

Are you seriously still on about this.

I'm replying to someone. What's the problem?

>Tina isn't repressed puts her on their level
Steve really isn't on her level and Bart is way too young but Chris is a good example.
The thing is Chris is rightfully seen as a total and complete loser, not in an endearing way.
The problem here is treating her character as somehow sympathetic or realistic to the average female teenager.
They aren't treating this as some kind of "finally, they are fine with portraying women as pedophiles being just as bad as male ones, what an achievement for gender equality!"
rather they want this sort of thing because they believe that women having sexual reservations is BAD, and unfair repression.

Attractiveness is the single most important factor in a women
The second is silence

she is a joke. not convincing, not sympathetic, and if you find some similarity between you and her when you were a teenager, you are probably the type who deserved all the bullying you got.

I'd put silence third and doing what they're told second. You have the perfect bait post then that will surely upset women.

>but largely females are pretty
not these days lol

>males have had decades of "body positivity"
Currently we are drowning in a society that thinks women being fat smelly unwashed slobs who cant even clean crumbs off their mouth after 3 days need love too. You said it youself with the fat dumb man thing, whenever men are fat and dumb its not body positivity, its aiding in them being a negative character. Chris is fat to further push how he's a loser. Richard from Gumbaall? oh man. I can only think of a few fat characters who arent jokes or really dumb, one would be Soos from Gravity Falls but he's not entirely bright and he's more big than just fat. I guess Stan has a beer gut but even then its used for jokes when hes in a chair looking like an old burnt out dad.

Normally fat male characters arent the beacon of body positivity you think they are. I've seen more of a push for it with women than guys.

>Currently we are drowning in a society that thinks women being fat smelly unwashed slobs who cant even clean crumbs off their mouth after 3 days need love too.
What's that based off of? Nothing in my liberal social media was ever trending, not even vapid #bodypositivity female clothing and beauty product marketing attempts. The only thing I saw related to that would be America Housewife that had a chubby main character lady preached body positivity only to learn she was being a hurtful bitch by telling people trying to look better to feel better about themselves is dumb.

>You said it youself with the fat dumb man thing, whenever men are fat and dumb its not body positivity, its aiding in them being a negative character
I thought I said it was body positivity.

>Chris is fat to further push how he's a loser. Richard from Gumbaall? oh man. I can only think of a few fat characters who arent jokes or really dumb, one would be Soos from Gravity Falls but he's not entirely bright and he's more big than just fat. I guess Stan has a beer gut but even then its used for jokes when hes in a chair looking like an old burnt out dad.
And they are all enjoyed and all have a place being marketed to people of all demographics. This is a sign that they are acceptable and further illustrates how males need to he less self conscious with how they look.

>Normally fat male characters arent the beacon of body positivity you think they are. I've seen more of a push for it with women than guys.
How so? It looks like you have a different standard of when it's body positivity and when it's not.

You must really hate anime.

You're retarded but you'd have to be to virtue signal over something like this especially saying that in the cliched "dumb fat husband and smart pretty mom" that the females are the ones being hurt.

>Yea Forums's autism
What ever you do, don't go on Yea Forums.

>The thing is Chris is rightfully seen as a total and complete loser, not in an endearing way.
He is endearing. Often he's written as sympathetic.

>The problem here is treating her character as somehow sympathetic or realistic to the average female teenager.
They aren't treating this as some kind of "finally, they are fine with portraying women as pedophiles being just as bad as male ones, what an achievement for gender equality!"
>pedophiles
What do you mean by this?
I don't get it. I've seen high school girls say "lol me" when it comes to Tina and Tina memes on social media. She's relatable to the types of dorks who watch cartoons and share cartoon memes. And yes people in their 20s and 30s too.

>rather they want this sort of thing because they believe that women having sexual reservations is BAD, and unfair repression.
Not automatically, but when it's been the cultural standard to repress female sexuality because we value female virginity more than male virginity, female characters like Tina are more of a statement.

>And they are all enjoyed and all have a place being marketed to people of all demographics. This is a sign that they are acceptable and further illustrates how males need to he less self conscious with how they look.
Except again, the ones who are fat are usually jokes, self deprecating, and sometimes even slow. Just because they're enjoyed as gags doesnt mean they're signs of what you're describing as body positivity bearing characters. Laughing at a fat chick character is seen as more rude than laughing at a fat male character, especially since we have more of those like Peter or Homer (their weight depends though) and in kids shows like Richard. Richard has had multiple times where they say he shouldn't be fat and that he's lazy and good for nothing, he even had a bunch of strokes or heart attacks after eating food, but went right back to being a fat joke.

Bare minimum point here is that both genders need to stay healthy to where what body positivity covers shouldn't matter. A bit of chub isnt even the point, its actual fat characters.

>I've seen high school girls say "lol me" when it comes to Tina and Tina memes on social media. She's relatable to the types of dorks who watch cartoons and share cartoon memes. And yes people in their 20s and 30s too.
and thats obnoxious and retarded and doesnt mean anything

>when it's been the cultural standard to repress female sexuality because we value female virginity more than male virginity, female characters like Tina are more of a statement.
holy mother of god how did this board turn out like this in the 4 years i was gone

>and thats obnoxious and retarded and doesnt mean anything
What makes you the expert on female teenagers and how they feel about Tina? Younger cousins and nieces seem to like sharing Tina memes.

>holy mother of god how did this board turn out like this in the 4 years i was gone
I dunno lol
Maybe you missed the part where "roastie" made it obvious that a lot of people hate it when women have sex. You are a newfag once more.

Attached: 1550180267967.jpg (405x607, 62K)

>hahaha muh vugiiiina
point taken, women are awful with humor and them posting gifs of tina staring at a boss ass and going into a fantasy trance and posting "lol me sooo much to be honest family" is a good example

You're saying I'm virtue signalling anonymous on Yea Forums and I'm the retard?

They're a sign that it's acceptable enough to be marketable. You think it's an accident that we've had a surplus of chubby, ugly guys starting with Fred Flintstone while we have very few chubby, ugly females? I'm not saying they're saying "here are your role models" I'm saying they're saying "this is okay by most of society's standards and won't hurt our ratings". Female self image issues are obviously larger than the disparity of who gets to be fat and remain marketable, but there are many factorsas to why eating disorders mostly occur in women and the cosmetics industry makes bank with them.

Oh god I forgot to state the obvious:
And yes obesity is a serious health issue and a problem. Body positivity can easily go too far in enabling terribly unhealthy habits.

Replace Bob's burgers with Steven Universe then it makes better sense

I'm pretty sure that buzzword you referred to is when women have lots of sex and it degrades their vagina rather than having sex at all. As far as I can tell the effects on a man having sex a few times and a woman having sex a few times has two completely different effects on the body and those effects stay different the further you go. Of course, this is ignoring the social stuff and more about the body itself which is where that term stems from.

You seem to be under the impression that guys are rooted for if they've had sex with 30 women when usually womanizing is called out and you get marked for life as a sexist pig or what have you. The "dude humor" in a lot of media that shows a group of friends saying shit like plowing 5 girls at once is just humor driven, of course it exists but it shouldn't be seen as much more than an exaggerated stereotype based on male lust and the general dude-bro shit that is quite frankly obnoxious most of the time. It's on the same level as a woman and her friends fantasizing together about hot guy celebs and fangirl squealing.

>ugly guys starting with Fred Flintstone
get the fuck out. dont reply to me, anyone else, make a non-responsive post, or even fucking lurk anymore, get out immediately

Did I insult your husbando?

Attached: 1551740969886.gif (320x240, 997K)

you insulted a lot more than a perspective, all while having the nerve to post on a cartoon board

Daria is the only worth while one on that list tho. The rest are literal garbage examples that should never be considered iconic animated women. End yourself OP.

Attached: 1541977555787.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

>you insulted a lot more than a perspective,
The barafag perspective maybe. I'm not sure why you'd be so hurt by this.

But the main is a boy and the girls are supporting mains which goes against everything that board seems to represent. They should have just made Connie the main character instead of making Steven, he should have been the supporting main who showed up later. The series would have been much better if Rebecca didn't try to appeal to guys by making the main a boy.

At least we're getting female led shows now. Infinity Train looks amazing and I can already see it in the future that kids are gonna see Tulip as a good character (if she doesn't suffer from being a teen girl written by a man) and opening the door to more female centered shows. We've been due.

Men are insulted for not having any sex, seen as incels, while women are insulted for having too much sex. This fits into the "male key, female lock" analogy that describes how and why this double standard exists.

you brought the fucking flintstones into your stupid female argument and should feel bad for it

Wouldn't this make the women worse for the males being more pure sex-wise while the women are being shat on for "too much" sex? And incel has lost a lot of its meaning already. It's used whenever you say something negative about a woman as if you're seething over prior rejected advances, rather than confirmed virginity.

2/5 of the shows represented aren't the titular characters in their own shows.
SU isn't a good choice because it falls into that trap of lesbianism=feminism. SU is more a queer thing than it is a feminist thing.

Your obnoxious little term for it doesn't explain anything.

I'm not sure I follow. The stereotype is that a woman needs to protect her purity while males are seen as studs for taking purity. A key that works with any lock is valuable, a lock that works with any key is worthless.

>Men are insulted for not having any sex, seen as incels
You have to be a dumb cunt to believe that lol. Stay stucked in perma teenagehood forever, we are adults there.

I'm not sure how else you're supposed to have a conversation about the Fred and Wilma dynamic we see successful through the decades without mentioning Fred.

>The stereotype is that a woman needs to protect her purity while males are seen as studs for taking purity.
I know JACK SHIT about political stances but every time I see someone on Yea Forums say they're a liberal I always see retarded shit like what you've been spouting.

You are fucking retarded holy shit.

She's been at this for hours.

You know jack shit.

funny how the progressive have the most backward, dehumanized and reducctive vision of their own specie in the end. You literally refuse reality to put yourself in that "good parental figure that will teach and fix everything until they get worshipped as gods by those poor imbecile victims you helped."

Are you saying that I dont know what I saw? Literally right there? These posts always miss the point entirely to further push whatever narrative they think is happening here.

>ugly guys starting with Fred Flintstone
It's like feminist frequency but with cartoon, some retard on a power trip rewriting history product by product.

Wait you people actually believe that female virginity isn't more valued than male virginity? People die for forty female virgins and laugh at 40 Year Old Virgin males.

>They're a sign that it's acceptable enough to be marketable.
obnoxious unfunny fat chick is marketable, but only women find them funny
>Female self image issues
they need to get over themselves then, this isn't about anything other than a case by case basis on if female viewers get upset seeing a fat girl eating on a cartoon, rather than the evils of networks and men

What cartoon sitcom before them showed the fat ugly husband with thin pretty wife worked? I know they're based off the tried and true Honey Mooners.

>Female self image issues are obviously larger than the disparity of who gets to be fat and remain marketable,

>Wait you people actually believe that female virginity isn't more valued than male virginity?
no, i believe that your post spouting what it did was retarded for making it a bad thing that women should be pure and that males by default are the ones that take purity, women would be seen as the female form of stud if she bagged a good man and not a whore if she didnt have sex with a bunch of people

and yet the entire argument has been about who gets to be fat and muh double standard, and only now has it been added that women cant handle shit and yet its STILL guys fault

Why does this board pretend women are victims of literally everything even in cases where the guy is being mocked and humiliated?

>women would be seen as the female form of stud if she bagged a good man and not a whore if she didnt have sex with a bunch of people
Your proving the point. Also I'm not saying that female purity is bad. Male purity isn't bad either, but we seem in agreement.

What did you see? Tell me how society doesn't value female virginity over male virginity. Tell me how a man who has had multiple partners isn't seen more favorably than a female who has had multiple partners.

How is it a guy's fault? Fat men are more marketable than far women. Fat males are more acceptable than fat females as far as marketing is concerned.

>Tell me how a man who has had multiple partners isn't seen more favorably than a female who has had multiple partners.
Since this is your primary argument shouldn't you be presenting first? Rather than asking me for Yea Forums posts I've seen? Rather than saying "well in society" "we live in a society" "society dictates" "society sees it this way"?

The former is more obnoxiously presented in a sleazy way outside of humor. I sincerely hope you dont mean shit like those retarded cologne commercials where a dude sprays himself, a crowd of women flock him, and he makes the dreamworks face.

It seems marketing is a blanket term for both men only seeing women as pretty objects and women not being able to take what they dish out.

Polygamist harems and Mormons are traditional minded and are centered around the idea that men should have multiple wives. You could chalk this all up to biology, but biology has shaped our culture; women who have been fucked lose value while males are good to go after fucking. This feeds into the culture of seeing a man who has had sex with many women as cool and successful while a woman who does the same is shamed. And again, people die for forty female virgins and laugh at 40 Year Old Virgin males.

So tell me how a man who has had multiple partners isn't seen more favorably than a female who has had multiple partners.

How so?

Have you not followed your own conversation chain you braindead dunce

What did he mean by this?

I'm not sure what you mean, please greentext what I said at me.

You thought they would have shown Wilma Flintstone or something

It's less cool and successful and more "not as body degrading" as when a woman does it. It has an objective edge over women having multiple partners than guys, but in most cultures that doesn't automatically make the guy a stud or cool dude, he's seen as a womanizer. I can't say anything about Mormons because I don't know much about them, or a lot of religions to be honest, but on the very basic nature of society itself, or media as we've discussed, guys being studs is usually them being ABLE to get all the chicks, looks like a rich dude, and is in general what all the girls actually want. A pretty woman also gets this, I've at least since it in movies where the guys act like idiots when they see her and crowd around her, feminine wiles and all that. I think those are particularly popular in action movies, where a woman is a spy or whatever.

But back to the basics of how society sees things, really men get shit on for womanizing and women get shit on for selling out their body, since they're the ones on the receiving end. Guys are more shit on for the emotional personal aspect for treating women like objects. It's interesting that you use the Mormons as an example since it was either their beliefs or a similar set have been under controversy for decades for doing that exact thing with treating women as essential trophies. That's less society and one religion, there's a religion out there that wants their followers to kill the ones that dont follow it but I wouldn't say that's how society is (I mean aside from extremists and whatever, but the basic person isnt clumped in with it)

>pahael's got it
fuck you

You seem to be more hung up on your impressions of contemporary pop culture displayed in movies than actual culture. The "womanizer" is only bad if he cheats. you bring up a good point about how females are typically more desirable by nature of just being there or using their "feminine wiles" to dupe men. Female desirability is propped up as a strength, which leads to that marketing bias towards all females needing to be attractive and of course the real world pressure for the same. For males, attractiveness is optional as these dynamics tend to men being bread winners to attract women, and women wanting to be desirable to attract those male breadwinners. Part of that attractiveness, that value, is virginity. A man who can have any woman he wants and has them lining up for the D is awesome, a female who attracts all sorts of men is awesome too, but she gets less awesome with each partner she has, as she makes babies and becomes increasingly undesirable. Once this becomes about sex, which it was at the start of this conversation, it becomes obvious who is valued more and who is valued less based on how much sex they've had.

>That's less society and one religion, there's a religion out there that wants their followers to kill the ones that dont follow it but I wouldn't say that's how society is (I mean aside from extremists and whatever, but the basic person isnt clumped in with it)
Mormons, Muslims, Hindus, and even an old Mexican tradition, but you're right, these four examples aren't indicative of all of society, just what's popularly tolerated and an example of what is commonly valued.

>human culture is white culture, fuck the billions of foreigners, they don't count

>What do you mean by this?
Just giving an example of something where everyone involved would acknowledge that it was indeed a bad trait to have. The thing is people like you commend this character for being a "highly sexual" creep.
>I've seen high school girls say "lol me"
while some might be exaggerating, there really are people who would be similar to her, and they are all losers, every single one.
>female characters like Tina are more of a statement.
once again, there are plenty of female characters that are more sexually active than her (for your strangely needed examples, look at, say, any female marvel comics character)

Polygamist harems were mentioned separate from Mormons because it's a blanket term for polygamist brown people like Muslims and Hindus. It's funny that you call non-whites all foreigners when talking about human culture.

>You seem to be more hung up on your impressions of contemporary pop culture displayed in movies than actual culture.
This conversation was started on how media has been writing these issues.
>For males, attractiveness is optional
Both genders prefer if the other is attractive, this is no different for women who commonly in media and real life lovingly dream of having a handsome bare chested man, with money preferably. Otherwise its seen as to settle with a middle of the road type and getting with a fat ugly man with minimal upkeep is out of the question. Both genders (unless it is their fetish or something) look at the opposite gender and want them to be desirable. Men think fat chicks are attractive more often than women think fat men are attractive, with a fat woman she'll still have boobs, and ass, a vagina, etc, that awful thicc meme is a product of this, but with fat men women can't get the hard clean smooth rugged look that they find desirable on the opposite sex. The chest, the abs, etc.Usually then it just comes down to how the cock is, right? Another anecdote is how they think about fatties cocks and the whole "usually huge!" thing.

The real world pressure about women needing to be as beautiful as possible is mainly exaggerated from when guys diss a woman for being slobby and greasy and unkempt, something neither gender should be. That's a very broad issue though, for many reasons a woman might not be seen as pretty as she could be, even if being the could-be is very minimal and requires a healthy eating habit and hygiene habit. We're in an era now where body positivity on women is extremely strong. It's actually quite insufferable how coddling it is.

>A man who can have any woman he wants and has them lining up for the D
>but she gets less awesome with each partner she has
One is about taking them and the other is about the opportunity, guys fucking many women isnt as studly as you think its being portrayed as, its a relation to popularity.

Attached: in time.gif (500x365, 197K)

I'm still not sure how women are the victims in circumstances where they''re portrayed positively while the guys are shown as ugly pathetic losers who "managed" a knock out smart woman who does all the work and constantly proves to be a better woman than he is a man. Especially in all those cases where the woman scares the man into doing things and he always says how scary she is and is an overall beta.

>Just giving an example of something where everyone involved would acknowledge that it was indeed a bad trait to have.
If you need to make this about something else, you don't have much of a point. I get what you're saying though, but please keep in mind her "creepiness" is harmless, just weird as it fixates on butts and zombies. She's a romantic who respects the guy she has a crush on.

>while some might be exaggerating, there really are people who would be similar to her, and they are all losers, every single one.
That's still more of a you problem. She's weird for sure, but she's not bad.

>once again, there are plenty of female characters that are more sexually active than her (for your strangely needed examples, look at, say, any female marvel comics character)
The example is important because if you keep bringing up that there are better characters, post them and we'll discuss. You're keeping it vague with Marvel females, but I can't think of any that are regular weird kids.

>For males, attractiveness is optional
It's like you don't know women at all.

>who respects the guy she has a crush on.
Pretty sure there was a time she couldn't decide which butt she wanted, she's all for their body which guys get shit on for. Her entire fucking thing is dude's butts.

You know what? I'm doubling down on the idea of an inventor creating a fembot to look cute to SPITE his enemies, because he's counting on them to froth at the mouth, thinking she's a monster because she looked pretty.

It sounds like you're just talking about Gumball.

That show is so fucking pathetic that every time stuff like that is mentioned it manages to be remembered by everyone in the discussion. That show really fucking sucks ass.

>She-ra
>Rainbow Bright
>My Life as a Teenage Robot
>Brace Face
>What about Mimi
>Pepperann
>As told by Ginger
>The Life and times of Juniper Lee
>Sabrina the Teenage Witch
>Kim Fucking Possible

Clearly a woman made that because holy shit.
All those dots between 97 and 98.

Attached: c01b98b92c074a65c953d857bb582edd69de64fdc6ef6036c0605fe4f344b740.jpg (641x905, 161K)

>This conversation was started on how media has been writing these issues.
But culture is what marketing is shaped around. Marketing shapes the media we get.
Also this conversation started because
>>rather they want this sort of thing because they believe that women having sexual reservations is BAD, and unfair repression.
>Not automatically, but when it's been the cultural standard to repress female sexuality because we value female virginity more than male virginity, female characters like Tina are more of a statement.

You're right about the settling, but females are still more pressured to look better than men. It's why the cosmetics industry mostly targets women. We seem to be getting off topic and that's mostly my fault.

>One is about taking them and the other is about the opportunity, guys fucking many women isnt as studly as you think its being portrayed as, its a relation to popularity.
Guys fucking many women literally studly as that's that the word implies and it is being portrayed popularly: That porn star neighbor in F is for Family, Quagmire in Family, Apu in The Simpsons, Bojack Horseman, just to name a few.

We started talking about differences in the

Talking from the most cynical, traditional social dynamic where "feminine wiles" is a factor. The game of rich and powerful men getting beautiful women out of their league.

That sounds like a funny three panel comic.
THIS SUMMER: DR. INCEL VS. SJW

>We started talking about the difference in the marketing as well as the culture that made it like that.
Whoops.

It has a literally who in there for no reason. It's funny.

The alternate idea was that the prettiness of the robot was just a mask. The actual robot is more of a Tekkaman-type, and he just said all that because he noticed how his enemies respond more negatively towards her pretty looks.

>It's why the cosmetics industry mostly targets women.
Isn't that because women have more to take care of? Women like to do all the cosmetic stuff even just hanging around other women. Men can bathe, put on good attire, and make sure their hair ain't wacky and that's it. Cologne if needed. Women's bodies have a lot more going on. Guys are considered studs by many means, all that stuff I said can lead into having many partners but it isn't the primary thing behind being referred to as a stud, being a stud just means behind highly desirable, rich and hot. Stud can fluctuate depending on whose using it and why, it's very commonly just used in place of sexy even, though I do mainly see it being used as meaning the 100% ideal man, hot, rich, cool.

But user, I really don't wanna discuss this until bump limit (not at the pace this thread is going), and we've been in circles many times now. I just don't see women being held to standards much higher than men. I mean cases that point in both favors can be thrown around but after everything is summed up, really. There's been too strong a push for women's stuff in this regard recently for it to even be on the table. The main reason fat women are seen less often is because everyone gets offended, and the reason is that women get more emotional over these things than guys seem to. I only hate the fat dumbass dad trope because of the long time its been used and the mindset behind writers in current society using it in a completely different annoying way. I don't see why women should be offended at all aside from just seeing it as men taking jabs at them. All the fat "so funny" women comedies or inclusions seem spearheaded by women themselves. Usually THE women involved. Guys doing that are seen as big jerks while both genders do the dad thing. Marketing, society, any, coddle women too much and its a free for all on male characters even if it means making the women smart and the guy a certified retard (peter griffin)

And all of his enemies are SJWs? Is this supposed to be more than a one shot gag?

No, not all his enemies are SJWs, which he will sadly learn since this only works on CERTAIN people. The gag is only funny ONCE.

>It's why the cosmetics industry mostly targets women
it targets women because women age like shit and want to stay little daddy's girl forever. men improve over time, and despite what the clown generation think, baldness isn't a defect, it's part of the male secondary sexual display alongside the beard.

>the clown generation
Hey buddy what does this mean. Is it referring to that clown peepee I keep seeing?

>baldness isn't a defect
I'm going into my 20s and i think the center of the top of my head the hair is thinning. I dont want this. I dont think anyone does.

birdy the mighty
you might want to start reading filenames

>Isn't that because women have more to take care of?
Like a face? Men have faces. And hair. I'm not sure what you mean. Your fixating on what's off topic which was again, my fault for going off on a tangent.

>I just don't see women being held to standards much higher than men.
You ignored most of my last two posts.

>I mean cases that point in both favors can be thrown around but after everything is summed up, really. There's been too strong a push for women's stuff in this regard recently for it to even be on the table.
And you don't list what that is or how while ignoring actual cultural traditional that shaped the environment that Tina stands out in.

>The main reason fat women are seen less often is because everyone gets offended, and the reason is that women get more emotional over these things than guys seem to.
What's this based on? We have threads of people mourning the loss of hot chicks in Yea Forums related material, I don't know why you'd think this is women getting emotional about that shit and then say that fat female comedians rising in popularity is because of females.

>I only hate the fat dumbass dad trope because of the long time its been used and the mindset behind writers in current society using it in a completely different annoying way.
Same. It's just lazy and cookie cutter.

>I don't see why women should be offended at all aside from just seeing it as men taking jabs at them.
Offended about what now?

>Guys doing that are seen as big jerks while both genders do the dad thing.
What's it? Make fat jokes? There's that "Planet Claire" short about a fat girl. What's the dad thing?

>Marketing, society, any, coddle women too much and its a free for all on male characters even if it means making the women smart and the guy a certified retard (peter griffin)
It's the sitcom formula The Flintstones started and The Simpsons perfected. You're getting even more off topic, but I always hated how women are excluded from slapstick.

you are acting like a woman, grow up. It's genetic and natural. Only women magazines will tell you that X or Y causes it.

>What's that based off of? Nothing in my liberal social media was ever trending, not even vapid #bodypositivity female clothing and beauty product marketing attempts.
Yeah go fuck yourself libshit, #effyourbeautystandards, HAES, body positivity, the whole beach body ready campaign, and much more are all female campaigns to justify and normalize the downward spiral of women and glorify it amongst other things, it's fucking terrible.
>The only thing I saw related to that would be America Housewife that had a chubby main character lady preached body positivity only to learn she was being a hurtful bitch by telling people trying to look better to feel better about themselves is dumb.
Then I suggest you stop living in your fucking bubble. She's right, looking better makes you feel better about yourself because at the end of the day we're still animals.
>And they are all enjoyed and all have a place being marketed to people of all demographics. This is a sign that they are acceptable and further illustrates how males need to he less self conscious with how they look.
Bull-fucking-shit, you've got no fucking idea what you're talking about and I hesitate to even think that you live on the same planet as us normal people. Nobody respects fat fucks, unless they're in a prodigious position and even then they're looked down upon. Men give men shit for being fat, they don't go "oh you look like Peter Griffon it's okay" they tell em "you need to lose some fucking weight fatty" they get less job opportunities, are looked down upon in general. Christ it's like you're living in a fantasy land. I like how you cherry pick these examples, when every male that matters in cinema is 6,2+ chiseled, has a full head of hair, and is rich beyond belief.
Look at this here, what the fuck are you even trying to say? Louis is supposed to be super hot and intelligent, catwoman is supposed to be a broken tough street girl, they're actual fucking characters.

>Richard and Nicole

>and despite what the clown generation think, baldness isn't a defect, it's part of the male secondary sexual display alongside the beard.
No it fucking isn't, at best it's something that used to be part of the display but has become extraneous over time. Everybody likes full heads of hair, nobody likes to be bald, it's not caused by overabundance of testosterone it's caused by hair with faulty sensitivity to dyhydrotestosterone. It damages hair over time and turns hair cells into skin cells.

I remember when my hair used to make me look like a girl but now its thinning and I'm not sure what to do because most things just say cover it up, get a spray, or its stuff for women. It makes me worry because the bone in the thinning area hurts if you push on it more than other areas without it. I mean not agonizing pain but like, its kinda there like its bruised.

How empty would your life have to be to actually have something like this on your wall, and actually make that big of a deal whenever there's a new cartoon with female characters?

That person that keeps bombing Close Enough threads about Infinity Train, Amphibia, Owl House, etc's tumblr was found and it was a girl that had a chart over her bed kinda like this one but it was only in 15 pictures.

>all this shit about Tina being this wonderful character, unafraid to express herself, and an amazing icon to women, and that she's breaking boundaries
this board gives the big laff

>"Cartoon Women's History"
>it's all cartoons made by men
Oof
Just painful

YOUR KIND were the reason Senran Kagura and other games like it are getting censored. So GET FUCKED. Could have left it alone and be busy with your diversity shows, but NOOOO. YOUR KIND wants it all.

Fucking THIS. It would be one thing if you demanded diversity in media, but then your lot goes to censor the stuff *I* like, and I didn't even do ANYTHING to you.

Now I just wish you lot will get what you deserve someday.

This thread proves how much you just want to FUCK us over in the guise of "feminism".

>Steven Universe or Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

>Steven Universe
>Male Main character

>Star Vs.
Generic shit

>Well, yeah. Featuring a lesbian relationship, a lesbian kiss, and a lesbian wedding was pretty satisfying.

He doesn't know it. The secret behind Ruby.

Attached: 1494326338133.png (455x389, 235K)

>The actual robot is more of a Tekkaman-type

I think that I heard the name of a Legend right now.

Knowing that the LGBT crowd is in a way, responsible for censorship against straight male sexuality, I kinda want that group to tear each other apart now.

>List isn’t filled with female mangakas and animators from Japan
It’s shit.

But it's not the LGBT's fault. It's SONY's fault. They pandered to them to the point where they start acting like prudes, but only for male sexuality for some reason. But that GAY PRIDE PARADE IS AOKAY APPARENTLY.

So what's the consensus on Family Guy here?

And are we still pretending it isn't funny?

they're equally responsible because they wanted this.

So what makes me think I should care about THEIR plight when THEY go out of their way to censor the stuff I like because they hate straights?

>Hiromu Arakawa basically wrote the only shonen manga that didn’t end up being powerlevel faggotry and had a concise narrative with a proper endgame and this ended up being immensely popular anyway
how the FUCK did she do it? holy fuck

>>Hiromu Arakawa basically wrote the only shonen manga that didn’t end up being powerlevel faggotry and had a concise narrative with a proper endgame
I wont say who he is because he doesn't deserve to be in a thread this bad but you're wrong.

I dont, I'm in agreement with you.

All shonenshit is garbage.
>m-muh FMA
Garbage too.

By being a good writer and planning things out, surprisingly the guy who writes one piece did as well and has some sort of story bible he's following that outlines everything. It's always the girls that draw themselves ugly that are good looking and write the best.

>Louise the child Molester
>cums with candy

>It's always the girls that draw themselves ugly that are good looking and write the best.
Women who self deprecate humor are bad

Is that approval or disapproval?

>genetic and natural
so is age-related issues like dementia, but nobody wants it.
apart from you apparently who took a great leap forward in that regard

Every artist woman I've seen who draws themselves beautiful and/or non objectively have been chronically horrible people and artists from my experience.

and the ones who draw them ugly have a shit taste in humor

Does FG writers think they are better than Bob's Burgers?

There is no "we" and this isnt a hivemind echo chamber. Get your own opinion.

Are you talking about FMA? Because it ended up being powerlevel faggotry and the end was a fucking asspull

>No, you idiot, the right is principally opposed to expressions of sexuality and wants to blanket ban it for being immoral. The left is supportive of sexuality but they do recognise there's a power imbalance in modern gender relations. They don't want you to stop having sex (>implying you have any) but they do want you to stop treating women as objects for your own gratification, because women have as much right as you to enjoy sexuality and should be considered equal partners. You're making a false equivalence.

FUCK THESE PEOPLE.

Is that a screenshot from an actual episode?

>watch FMA expecting a good story (yes) with good combat aided by the fact that there's limitless potential on the kind of shit you can pull off with alchemy, with chemical explanations who are all according to keikaku tier
>it's all either rock punches, rock spikes or the character-specific special technique
i can't be the only one bothered by it

This is rich considering THEY'RE the ones censoring anything that can be seen as attractive to men.

And they expect me to LIKE this Simpsons episode while I'm at it?

>but I can't think of any that are regular weird kids.
I'm pretty sure you could go to x-men? The Runaways?

You know the only actual instance I can think of this is how the female trolls in WoW are clearly missing a load of the exaggerated facial features their less human-like male counterparts have.

Man Claymore was a fun time.

Inflation isn't really the same thing as expansion. You can like a big fat ass without it being filled with air. Dobson is into literal balloons.

I'm convinced Loren Bouchard
fucked Alec Sulkin's wife or something

>Yeah go fuck yourself libshit, #effyourbeautystandards, HAES, body positivity, the whole beach body ready campaign, and much more are all female campaigns to justify and normalize the downward spiral of women and glorify it amongst other things, it's fucking terrible.
It's cherrypicked fringe shit is what I'm saying. I'll go back to the American Housewife example where the main character preaches body positivity and then realizes she's being a bitch for doing so. You think it's a huge problem because it gets carefully collected and posted here for you to rage at.

>Then I suggest you stop living in your fucking bubble. She's right, looking better makes you feel better about yourself because at the end of the day we're still animals.
Where did I say she's wrong?

>I like how you cherry pick these examples, when every male that matters in cinema is 6,2+ chiseled, has a full head of hair, and is rich beyond belief.
It's like you only watch Marvel movies but skip out on Thor because it has Volstagg, Deadpool 2 because Firefist, Spider-Man Homecoming because Ganke Lee, and Dr. Strange because Master Wong.

>Look at this here, what the fuck are you even trying to say? Louis is supposed to be super hot and intelligent, catwoman is supposed to be a broken tough street girl, they're actual fucking characters.
That one is about the body type and comparing how males get more leeway in fiction while females fall into a narrower mold.

Yeah there was just a few moments of Alchemical Macgyvering with real chemistry.

It only seems that way because they're the loudest voices here when conservatives haven't backed off sexual prudishness, they just aren't a super hip trending like liberal twitter movement that can be posted here for our consideration

>“These are quote-unquote video games, and they’re forced down our throats under the guise of protected speech,” says Bevin. “It’s garbage. It’s the same as pornography. They have desensitized people to the value of human life, to the dignity of women, to the dignity of human decency.”

Japan has been careful to market games to the west while being fearful of the more conservative tendencies and how if a game is too sexy it won't be sold at Wal-Mart or if it looks like it has loli it'll be banned in Canada.

That's not to say that feminism (and for some reason LGBT) isn't a factor in this, just that it isn't the only reason this happens.

>Aloha makes the main cast entirely male for women's magazine
>female side characters are shitty on purpose
>gets 50 episode anime
Based Shirokuma Cafe.

Attached: 1552552217520.gif (500x280, 716K)

>the only shonen manga that didn’t end up being powerlevel faggotry
Yea Forums """"people"""" should be executed whenever they try to talke about Yea Forums content. You have less grasp on the industry than a tranny and the gender they pretend to have.

What are all the shonens that keep it classy like FMA?

It's a demographics. there are thousands of shounen about sport, comedy, love.

I think they mean battle shounen. Which battle shounen keeps it classy like FMA?

Source?

>Nobody respects fat fucks, unless they're in a prodigious position and even then they're looked down upon. Men give men shit for being fat, they don't go "oh you look like Peter Griffon it's okay" they tell em "you need to lose some fucking weight fatty" they get less job opportunities, are looked down upon in general.
The current president of the United States is fat and for all the orange man bad and hair jokes, no one really pokes fun at his weight.

If you’ve seen what happened with DoA6 and SK, you should know that America is quickly becoming a wasteland for Japanese games and possibly gaming in general. Can’t have those pesky nips cutting into our profits!

ITT: /comblr/ BTFOs /col/

fuck off seth
when are you going to kill off wojak

People make fun of him for being fat all the time.

Attached: .jpg (1242x1404, 162K)

Thicc is a complement. They're saying they like him that way.

Because anime is misogynist filth that actually bothered to have fleshed out and fun female characters like Lina Inverse before western animation even pretended to care

>Peggy Hill
>Positive female role model
Her whole joke was that she was a substitute spanish teacher who didn't know spanish, and was just about as competent in anything else, not to mention was fucking insane as well

Or maybe because it's about cartoon women's history.

user, it's sarcasm. They're calling him so fat he has a giant ass like a thicc girl.
In other news apparently James Gunn bet 100,000 bucks for Trump to step on a scale after believing his physical was bullshit.
Bill Maher had a whole bit calling him a fatass.
People make fun of Trump for being a lard ass, it's just it gets overshadowed by people making fun of Trump for everything else he does.

Attached: BillMaher.png (1190x601, 1.15M)

That Bill Maher bit opened up with "there's one thing no one calls Donald Trump on: he's fat". It supports the initial statement.

youtu.be/nvLQqe79eGY

>"Trump's medical exam says he's 6'3" and 239 pounds. Albert Pujols is 6'3" and 240 pounds. If the dementia tests are equally accurate, we are doomed," the filmmaker tweeted, with side-by-side photos of the professional baseball player and the president.
Gunn isn't making a far joke, he's calling him out for lying.
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-offers-100k-get-donald-trumps-weight-accurate-scale-1075223

But yeah you're right, "no one really picks on him for his weight" is hyperbole.

>It's cherrypicked fringe shit is what I'm saying. I'll go back to the American Housewife example where the main character preaches body positivity and then realizes she's being a bitch for doing so.
It's not an isolated indecent, we've had bus ads taken down and barbie changed to accommodate "realistic bodies" for women because "it isn't an attainable beauty standard" meanwhile they still do the opposite for males all the time in all media.
>You think it's a huge problem because it gets carefully collected and posted here for you to rage at.
It obviously isn't "carefully collected" because it's been affecting lots of pieces of major media for a decade or more now. Just because you try t o disregard literally every movement I've listed doesn't make them any less real, significant or annoying, stop being dishonest.
>It's like you only watch Marvel movies but skip out on Thor because it has Volstagg, Deadpool 2 because Firefist, Spider-Man Homecoming because Ganke Lee, and Dr. Strange because Master Wong.
Yeah, because those are the main role models, those are the people in the superman roles. I didn't realize Cavill and Thor were fat bald manletts, I didn't realize RDJR wasn't handsome and rich or good with women. Stop fucking cherry picking you dishonest sow.
>That one is about the body type and comparing how males get more leeway in fiction while females fall into a narrower mold.
They don't, you just continually cherry pick minor roles to make your argument eek by but I'm not letting that fly. In the real world people might placate you because you're a woman, but I won't let you pull that shit hear, you need a dose of reality.

>The current president of the United States is fat and for all the orange man bad and hair jokes, no one really pokes fun at his weight.
They 100% do, all the time, they just make fun of literally everything else about him too.
How fucking delusional are you.

WWE can at least shit out something decent a few times a year.

>It's not an isolated indecent, we've had bus ads taken down and barbie changed to accommodate "realistic bodies" for women because "it isn't an attainable beauty standard" meanwhile they still do the opposite for males all the time in all media.
I'm not saying it's an isolated incident, just that we clearly aren't drowning in it.

>It obviously isn't "carefully collected" because it's been affecting lots of pieces of major media for a decade or more now. Just because you try t o disregard literally every movement I've listed doesn't make them any less real, significant or annoying, stop being dishonest.
I'm just not sure how big of a deal a few more fat actresses finding work and having to put up with the existence of Faith is. The movements are there but they remain fringe, gaining traction with plus size fashion ads, but again, not drowning in it.

>Yeah, because those are the main role models, those are the people in the superman roles. I didn't realize Cavill and Thor were fat bald manletts, I didn't realize RDJR wasn't handsome and rich or good with women. Stop fucking cherry picking you dishonest sow.
You want to cherrypick some MCU fat chicks? Can you? I can name off the Chris Farley's the Seth Rogans, Jonah Hills, the John Goodman, the Kevin James, and the Vince Vahns, and so on as they've got more work than this new crop of fat women. You've got to be pretty dishonest to say that fat dudes were only just as marketable as fat chicks.

>They don't, you just continually cherry pick minor roles to make your argument eek by but I'm not letting that fly. In the real world people might placate you because you're a woman, but I won't let you pull that shit hear, you need a dose of reality.
I just pointed out major roles in Batman and Peter and minor roles in Lois and Catwoman and you're still angry.

>They 100% do, all the time, they just make fun of literally everything else about him too.

>That Bill Maher bit opened up with "there's one thing no one calls Donald Trump on: he's fat".
It's funny that it happens 100% all the time when the only two examples provided run counter to that notion.

Most shonen jump titles wind up having larger female readerbases than the average western comic

I mean it's the only nor the first examples.
Daily Show called Donald fat as well.
There's tons of effigies and caricatures embellishing his obesity.
A Liar and Fat.

Attached: trumps-weight-3.jpg (1200x628, 95K)

someone explain to me how this thread derailed into like 30 different arguments
most having nothing to do with the simpsons

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 4.32.42 PM.png (217x139, 79K)

Politics.

Hate boners for women and feminists.

it proves that mainstream society was okay with that idea. it's not like those shows were made entirely for the female audience (who, if you believe the whiners, were just house slaves with no purchasing power) for escapist power fantasy
it was something regular people agreed with as a comical reflection of reality.

What did the Daily Show say? All I can find is a bit where they call him out for making fun of people's looks and fat shaming a beauty queen and how hot the teacher was who fucked a 14 year old student.

But I can believe he weighs as much as he says he does since fat isn't as dense as muscle.

Attached: QMZVBT72IBC5NAUAXKFRFWVNLM.jpg (1200x800, 83K)

something something pol something something 2016 something something incel something something maga

I mean I don't see how you can't make fun of him for being fat, the man hired a doctor to lie about it.

AD jokes are really obnoxious, FG's are just dumb.

youtu.be/5I1v7aXYitI

>how hot the teacher was who fucked a 14 year old student

It's literally that part on South Park.

Attached: blX1IF5.gif (339x233, 638K)

Bob's Burgers>American Dad>>>>Family Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Simpsons

THOSE WERE THE CHOICES THEY MADE??

Wow, what a joke

>but I can't think of any that are regular weird kids.
I just said female characters that are more sexually active than her
she isn't making a statement.
she is a joke.
and you actively defend this kind of behavior in teenagers, even though they are pathetic and almost never harmless, even if the harm is only to themselves.
The problem with portraying her as an icon is to suggest that her behavior is normal, good, or even progressive. That being a "highly sexual" creep teenager is a GOOD THING.
but it just isn't true.

none the less it is extremely easy for any decent woman to find a male virgin. It is almost impossible for a man to find a female virgin.

You seem to think this is just about being sexual active and nothing to do with being a hormonal 13 year old weird non-super girl.

It also seems that you're confusing "icon" with "role model".

>You seem to think this is just about being sexual active
"it's been the cultural standard to repress female sexuality because we value female virginity more than male virginity"
-(you)

>I understand your distaste for that inclusion of sexuality being part of feminist icons, but it means being as free as male counterparts.
>part of feminist icons
>part of

>They're both great, but Tina's weirdness and uncoolness makes her more of a statement. Linda and Louise are great, but Tina is more complex than most.

Because He is the king

Attached: fabulous_k.rool.gif (197x236, 360K)

His lack of tail triggers me.

I'm pretty sure it is a joke.

Cybersix would've been a really good inclusion.

>And all those cartoon characters where made by men. Yes this is very woke and empowering.

Jesus christ someone shoot everyone still on this show.

My wife loves being a housewife. I come home to BJs quite often

Anime are not cartoons anime is to pretty, cartoons need to look like ass.

Nice trips.

It's kind of like how the term "redpill" is used by people who hate the people who made The Matrix. Who makes things isn't always relevant.

Comic was published in 1992, would have filled some of the gap between Boop and Daria.

i agree with this for the most part
tina isn't really a strong female character persay, but she's definitely an enjoyably written one that is at least someone you'd root for unlike lisa or mabel or any of the other enabled bratty characters

Yeah, the "strength" Lisa and Mabel have is that sort of strength found in any safe female character put out there to not offend anyone.

poorly tough strawman
poorly tough strawman
poorly tough strawman
Zombie simpsons shit!

sadly, around season 8, that became a law mandated by Groening himself, because he did not like it when other cartoon characters appeared and were kept in their original styles.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsK6JT0dr8M

this also makes the show whenever tries to imitate other animation styles horrible due to the animators inability to comprehend them, also the simpsons was never animated in a certain country.

someone needs to update this!

Why do retards keep thinking Lauren Faust created the Powerpuff Girls instead of Craig McCracken?

Why? It's a joke about a 67 year gap of feminist icons.

Please user, with latin spanish people the Simpsons is basically culture
No zombie Simpsons of course, we know it's going to be shit when we see the new animation in the opening.

She is not complex at all, she is a joke character. The fact that many other female characters exist who are more sexually active than her (if you do not immediately agree that many other sexual female exist you are out of your mind) shows that she wasn't breaking the boundaries for female sexual freedom.

Cybersix TV life was not even 6 month dude. Even Erin Insurance has had more influence.

>no one really pokes fun at his weight.
Are you fucking retarded?

>pretending

Attached: IMG_1497.jpg (1440x1203, 91K)

sneed

Velma
Defend that, asshole.

Attached: 773A415E-708C-4A18-A91C-9A21BB3C6C04.gif (245x245, 721K)

So where does KotH fit into this Fox family?

They do. All the time. I gets lost in the void because people REEEING about The Russians etc drown out all the mockery he gets about his weight. He can't hear the fat jokes behind all the seething rage he gets from his enemies.

>and aren't really fans of cartoons to begin with.
Most likely this. As a former AAA game dev, I can tell you quite certainly that a lot of developers don't care so much for actually playing games - even the ones they're making, if they're not in a playtesting-related role. I assume the same applies for all jobs in the entertainment industry.

Forgotten?

What?

Who on the show is more complex than Tina? Joke characters can vary in degrees of complexity.

It's not just about her being sexually active, it's about her being, among other things, a 13 year old going through a weird sexual phase that often involves zombies.

Attached: 582d31a36453072d99fdd71177e7a589.jpg (500x281, 25K)

The doctor never said he wasn’t fat dumbass

It's funny how it happens all the time when the only examples provided in this thread say no one calls him out for his weight and the other was saying he's lying about his weight. Oh and a meme saying they like the president thicc and rich, which can be a fat joke, but it's not that malicious.

>what's the consensus on family guy so I know what to think
go back to rebbit

Attached: 1535024190109.png (571x618, 29K)

I like Bob's burgers the most out of the three.

ye
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1553798309627.webm

>show whos best seasons made it get canceled
>carrying anyone

why is there such a discrepancy in that timeline

The joke is that there are so few examples of good female main characters, women didn't have good representation until 97.

>daria
>good represenative of women
guess more than half the population are jaded holier than thou spergs

Sounds about right.

>It's not just about her being sexually active
what you were arguing was based on the idea of women being sexually repressed because women were held to higher standards and not portrayed as sexual.
>13 year old going through a weird sexual phase that often involves zombies.
One of the major points here is that in my experience, the biggest teenage creeps (like her) grow into adult creeps. Sure, some people will grow out of it, but it is usually because they realize what they are doing is wrong.

>what you were arguing was based on the idea of women being sexually repressed because women were held to higher standards and not portrayed as sexual.
Right, which is why it's a factor in her story as an awkward 13 year old. It's showing that girls aren't all magically figured out and sexually normal at 13 and you're telling me that's the same as any idealized Marvel woman getting laid. Again, this aspect isn't about comparing her to adult characters having sex, it's about her being on the level of characters like Chris and Steve. Not saying that young and horny is a good thing to be, but this stage in life is often untouched in media when it comes to girls. Even Growing Pains in the 90s had a wet dream episode.

Again you're confusing "icon" with "role model".

>It's showing that girls aren't all magically figured out and sexually normal at 13
this right here. it's not just about showing it's okay for women to have sex, it's about showing how it's okay to be a creep like Tina.
Well it isn't okay. This is without a doubt the type of person who is an absolute disaster at most stages of their life. The same could be said of Chris, but like I said earlier I don't really think Steve is a good comparison.

>it isn't okay

Attached: evenmaxcaulfieldshowsdisdainforyourexistence.png (410x536, 320K)

What is it about 90's era anime that looks so....i dunno, alive? We got some gems these days but they're few and far between.

you've clearly run out of arguments when you start spewing unbased and unverified rubbish about human behaviour

unrustle those jimmies mate, and stop being such an egomaniac not every comment is about you

I think you replied to the wrong post

haha he hasn't got anything

More hand drawn cells with a lesser reliance on technology to pick up the slack.

And you're saying it's bad to even show that? That feminists shouldn't appreciate that a show can have a prominent character be going through that and that's all that defines her? You're speaking matter of factly about the issue while treating Tina like a role model who will lead people down the path of being weird based on how you feel. What I'm telling you is that she's like having an orphan main character; an orphan character isn't saying it's cool or hip to be an orphan or to tell parents to abandon their kids, it's just saying that they exist and society is comfortable with acknowledging them.

Going back to this
>And if whatever anti-feminist social structure prevents this type of behavior, it is better for everyone involved.
It's like you're one of those types who believes that violence on screen makes more violence in real life and is always a net negative despite whatever the message was.

You must be new if you havent seen those posts on this board.

what an obnoxious face

Is there a common meme poster who avoids making clear statements in favor of playing the burden of proof game and then failing miserably?

Hello Tumblr

That's not tumblr, that's having eyes.

>man who has had multiple partners isn't seen more favorably than a female who has had multiple partners.
they both got the aids and can go in the trash

That's the point.

That's not how this works though; sexual aggression is almost universally more culturally valued in men than in women by nature of a pregnant woman being useless to a man. A man with a pregnant wife still has use to a woman. You can blame biology, but culture is shaped around it.