How would Alduin fare in the DCU?

How would Alduin fare in the DCU?

Attached: Alduin_over_Helgen.png (1028x670, 878K)

Other urls found in this thread:

c0da.es
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How would Nishikiyama fare in the MCU?

Attached: 20190318220137_1.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

>Elder scrolls shit
At least post a Tolkien dragon.

LOL wtf is this dude.

A Tolkien dragon wouldn't be worth shit in DC. Not even Ancalagon.

Did you think i posted every Yakuza example in other threads seriously?
Fuck you, asshole, i have self-esteem IRL & i love shitposting.

You mean Alduin the big angry dragon or Alduin the living Dragonbreak, aspect of Akatosh?

One inevtiably leads into the other when Alduin finally stops trying to LARP as a some kind of storybook dragon and actually does his job.

He did do his job; just while also LARPing as a dragonslayer.

>He did do his job
He wanted conquest (which being fair, all dragons do at some level), and deliberately shunned his World Eater title and namesake to pursue his desire to rule instead of devouring the kalpa. It's why he was so small and weak throughout Skyrim. He wanted to be something he was not, and only switched gears once he was starting to get his ass handed to him and tried to devour enough souls to power up to his actual levels of strength.

>be Alduin
>mightiest dragon
>first son of Talos
>the World Ender
>see puny Dragonborn
>"kek"
>get into shouting match
>get beat
>"wtf?! this isn't happening!!"
>runs away like a bitch to the spirit world where the mean ol' Dragonborn won't get me waah waah
>Dragonborn enters Sovngarde
>proceed to shit your dragon spaghetti

Which is why a Dragonborn, aka Akatosh, kills Alduin, aka Akatosh.

Akatosh is a confused fella.

Akatosh cannot exist outside the dream of the Godhead.

Just like outside beings can't really exist within the dream either unless you're sneaky about it.

It's why TES is crossover powerfantasy proof.

Akatosh is Time. All of it. Shit like this is to be expected.

Akatosh always amuses me.

Because Talos was supposedly a Dragonborn, so is a fragment of Akatosh, but Talos also mantled Lokhan, so now Talos is a god in his own right.

So is Akatosh now two gods or is mantling 100% and now Talos technically was never part of Akatosh due to CHIM.

And like time, Akatosh likes to be remembered in big events, because he is an attention whore who hates Lokhan, but not really.

Everyone hates LRKHN, and yet they don't. His very existence is dedicated to trolling on a fundamental level.

I prefer Sithis.

>t. Hist
Out of here, you dirty trees.

>I prefer nothing.

Whoop de doo!

I'm gonna drink Skooma right now by you, asshole
That's the joke

There's one theory that once Alduin devours a kalpa, he then mantles Akatosh, pretty much indistinguishably becoming him for the next kalpa, and eventually creates a new Alduin to repeat the process.

Akatosh is really fucking weird, even by fictional deity standards.

He's the god of Retcons though, so trying to pin it all down is stupidity.

Anywhere from 95% to 100% of the time a "what if a non Yea Forums related thing was a Yea Forums related thing" thread is created, it's for the sole purpose of discussing things that are neither comics, nor cartoons.
Yea Forums is not a refugee board.
Go back to Everyone else, report the OP for breaking >>>Yea Forumsrules/1

TES has a graphic novel. So you have no leg to stand on.

Sithis can reward you with oblivion. That's more than enough reason to worship him and Padomay.

>Fuck you, asshole, i have self-esteem IRL & i love shitposting.
Then you deserve to feel bad

>deserve
Maybe you want, but i don't want.
Stop, you can't beat me in this one

Not him but where can I find this. Sounds interesting

The Infernal City is one.
Lord of Souls is another.
Now i don't know those novels are "graphic novels"

My dear disciple, have you ever heard of C0DA?

That Japanese singer?

Isn't Sithis literally the void left by Lorkhan?

c0da.es

Attached: apocalypse_v5.png (1920x1196, 2.89M)

Yes.
I'm gonna call my nigguh Zaheer to break the tether between the void & the world.
TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIIIIND

Attached: 1546927657494.gif (299x240, 2.15M)

Wait, so if Talos mantled Lorkhan, but is also Akatosh, can he just mantle ALL the Aedra and become the lone God of Nirn? A God who would order the justified extermination of the High Elves?

DEUS VULT.

Sithis is more likely to be the lingering sub-soul of Padomay/PSJJJJ, acting as a counterpart to Anui-El.

Why do you think they fear him so?

I doubt OP knows it, and as much as I enjoy all the TES lore I agree with the other user that those threads are cancer. If OP at least made an effort besides "what if [character] was in DC" it could pass, but just because once in a while someone happens to shit out some nice discussion accidentally doesn't mean we shouldn't beat everyone shitting on the street to death.

C0DA isn't some unknown thing, user. If you know TES lore or at the very least participate in discussion, you'll hear about it or find out about it.

Either way, given that you're likely that same guy samefagging, this probably has no value to you as a post.

Anyway, to address the threat topic: if we assume that Alduin retains his cosmic standing and duty within DC, then this whole thing homes more or less a question of "is Alduin fucking about again or not?"

If the answer to that question is yes, then he probably gets shitstomped. Alduin denying his namesake weakened him to an utterly mind boggling level. Sure, he was still terrifying to many and quite literally unkillable to anyone not Dova, but he wasn't truly the World Eater, and wouldn't really be a threat to the DCU.

If the answer to that question is no however, then this goes the opposite direction. Alduin will escalate exceedingly quickly, and will go from something entirely manageable to Crisis-level threat tiers in short order. Their only chance is to hope for direct intervention from the cosmic powers and hope they can stop him before he reaches his true kalpa-eating state of existence.

He would get instantly and completely fucked. The Dragonborn has shouts, magic, and magic items, but other than that he's just a dude. Wonder Woman would annnhilate Alduin.

Chill, I just opened the thread because despite the fact that OP should be hanged the lore threads always have something interesting. Stop thinking anyone who has a fairly common opinion is a samefag.

You can't kill him unless you have the same soul.

The Dragonborn is literally an incarnation of Akatosh him/itself fighting an errant portion of Akatosh meant to devour Mundus in its current state to make way for the next kalpa. And even then, the only reason why the Dragonborn could even oppose Alduin was because Alduin started rebelling against his nature instead of working to devour the kalpa early.

WW could probably send him reeling if he was in the same state as he was in Skyrim but she couldn't kill him. And as for his true state, see

After a point, there wouldn't be any difference between Talos and any of the individual gods he'd mantled. He'd be subsumed by them.

Well, yes. Dealing in Akatosh is the height of insanity. Down that path lies only children giving birth to their own parents.

Attached: kt2gjgl4ykm11.jpg (750x747, 64K)

>start mimicking and following the same path as some previous divine being
>universe gets confused, assumes you must be the same divine being and you become them/they become you
Mantling is one of the coolest concepts in Teslore to me.

The Godhead that is Anu is easily confused by changes within the dream being honest. Why else do you think it's possible for others to achieve Amaranth?

You fokken wut m8

Attached: 1baa92a7af0ec6bd0f3ee5b703811146.jpg (1334x543, 46K)

How would Numidium fare in DCU?

Attached: 1234321412.jpg (1920x1076, 430K)

If there's nothing to restrict it? It starts NO'ing creation out of existence. You'd need something like Dr Fate to even stalemate it.

Did Vivec ever actually achieve CHIM? Is CHIM even real?
Think about it, the only real in game knowledge we have on CHIM comes from Vivec's own books and we know Vivec is a liar because when he speaks to us he claims he never murdered Nerevar despite every other piece of evidence we can gather implying he did. The main thing is Vivec tells us himself that after the Nerevarine destroys the Heart of Lorkhan he begins to feel his divine power wane. Now why would Vivec need the Heart of Lorkhan to hold onto his divinity if he already supposedly achieved a state that pretty much puts him above even Aedra in terms of knowledge of the world and can literally lucid dream reality? Wouldn't his power be completely irrelevant to the state of the Heart?
Unless of course his divinity was the exact same as the rest of the Tribunal and his sermons were just Vivec jerking him/herself off.

Now, he could have been lying about his power waning too for whatever reason, but I doubt it considering Red Year was caused pretty much because Vivec could no longer hole Sheogorath's meteorite suspended in mid air and disappeared for some reason.

Attached: Vivec.jpg (800x1189, 335K)

JLA faced down and beat Mageddon. A Fantasy dragon aint got shit.

CHIM is real, but it's pretty much guaranteed that Vivec was huffing his own farts there.

Like Razael in legacy of Kaine?

Ancalagon was larger than mountains larger than Mt Everest, and was a factor that caused a continent to sink upon his death. Big whoop. Worse shit than him has been lurking about in DC for decades upon decades.

At least with Alduin, we have a genuine threat to the setting.

How would The Scarlet King fare in the DCU?

..I'm honestly asking here, how could you defeat an anti-life eldritch entity in the dcu settings?

Attached: a0443353959_10.jpg (1200x1200, 210K)

>I'm honestly asking here, how could you defeat an anti-life eldritch entity in the dcu settings?
They'd just pull another Final Crisis. Albeit, it might be slightly more difficult in a physical se se, since they'll have to negate the King's invulnerabilities first.

Alduin got too tied to the mortal realms and abandoned himself to his lust for power and domination, dragging the entire dovah race with him, that's half the reason Paarthunax teached mortals the way of the voice. Alduin basically stained and corrupted his role as a world ender.
Besides, even when the Dragonborn destroyed his body in Sovngarde, it's implyied that he will come back when end of times come for good. All you accomplish in the game is buying some couple extra milenia to the timeline.

I think it's mentioned that all dragons are inherently yearning for conquest and destruction to some extent, and it's something tied to their names. Paarthunax suffers it pretty bad, since he rejects his name and role which literally define him as wanting only to conquer and rule, and as a result hes not as mighty as he could or should be.

But in Alduin's case, it's the extreme opposite. He's the World Eater, devourer of causality and all things. His defiance of his title, His purpose, didn't make him any stronger. It effectively neutered him.

That is assuming Landfall doesn't happen first and Alduin doesn't just come back to absolutely nothing because it was REEE'd out of existence by an autistic god robot.

Fucking Dwemer.

Alduin isn't going anywhere. Yeah, he's "gone" after the main quest of Skyrim, but since he's a fragment of the Aka oversoul he literally cannot be destroyed outside of a new Amaranth remaking the universe from the flawed/selfish one that Anu made. Long story short, the dragons are eternal, the dragon souls you acquire after defeating dragons just go back into the Aka oversoul and thus empower Akatosh to stabilize linear time against the results of the towers falling and thus the anchors to reality being lifted.

I'm not super familar with the DCU but I'm guessing reality bending/destroying beings exist in it. They would be able to delay Alduin, but Alduin as a living being and a concept would be eternal until a new reality is brought forth where he never existed.

Don't do skooma, kids.

CHIM is real. It's still debatable if Vivec had it in canon; he does have it in c0da though, so that's something to consider if you read the non-canon writings from Kirkbride.

>...we know Vivec is a liar because when he speaks to us he claims he never murdered Nerevar despite every other piece of evidence we can gather implying he did.
Vehk the man killed Nerevar, Vehk the (demi)god didn't. Vivec wrote the 36 sermons after attaining godhood. Also, you get FOUL MURDER if you read the first letter of the every paragraph on Sermon 36, and an additional message you can read about here: en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec
Vivec knew he was guilty of the murder, but was blinded by his desire for power.

Most people also overstate how powerful CHIM is (yes, I know Talos reshaped the land from jungle to sprawling hills and temperate forests). CHIM is often making __small__ alterations to the dream as you're simply aware that it is just that, and since you (and your ego) are part of the dream, and thus the dreamer, you can manipulate it to an extent.

I'm of the opinion that Vivec achieved CHIM, and I happen to like the idea that a new Amaranth can be born though a union of love from two egomaniacs that understand that reality is what you make of it, and as such, you should make it a place filled with love for the betterment of others. But now this is getting sappy and WAY off topic.

Attached: 1424075251407.jpg (500x621, 86K)

The problem with Kirkbride is that people severely overstate just how big of a role he played in Morrowind and thus TES lore as a whole, he wrote some lore heavy stuff sure (including most famously the Sermons) but he didn't really build the lore single handedly; which is why I kinda take issue with how these days people treat Kirkbride like the supreme authority of everything and anything he writes is canon. So anything involving c0da should be taken with a very large grain of salt.
I always saw Amaranth as an inherently selfless state, if CHIM is saying "I am" than Amaranth is simply saying "am" and giving up your entire existence to create something for others as the sleeper loses everything, his mind, his individuality, simply turning into a state of being instead of a being, anyone who could be described as an egomaniac just doesn't seem to fit the bill of Amaranth for me. Vivec might have achieved it, everyone who achieves CHIM has to have a very strong sense of self after all, but by the time he did he would not resemble the Vivec we know in the slightest sense.

Cinematic universe threads belong on Yea Forums and yet the mods allow them. Until that changes, these threads are perfectly fine. Especially if there's at least one comic for the "What if" franchise.

C0DA is neat but also kinda dumb.

Todd runs circles round Tolkien any day

The dragon from the iron giant could kick every other dragons ass

>dragon from the iron giant
GodDAMMIT Mansley, you're lucky we didn't put you in front of a firing squad and only sent you over to the CIA's LSD testing division.

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Pretty much this. Alduin is really the kind of threat you'd have to overturn the entire cosmology for. And that's more because he's a fundamental process moreso than anything else.

That's most TES lore, being fair.

>Be Dwemer, race of tech and gods of logic.
>Enslave entire race of Snow Elves and make them your lil servant bitches.
>Get fucked in the boipussy by said race of lil bitches.

Falmer Cyka Blyat Master Blind Race, bitch.

Attached: cyka falmyat.jpg (480x480, 45K)

What DCU characters would be able to create their own pocket of Oblivion?

Attached: B673E598-068D-4004-8AD4-AAEDBB51C9CC.jpg (761x960, 153K)

>He can award you with the worst elder scrolls

Fine, considering there's no Dragon Born to seal his soul away forever.

Skyrim DOES overturn the cosmology though, because a Dragonborn kills Alduin and absorbs his soul.

Basically, Akatosh is retconning Alduin.

If Alduin exists that means Akatosh exists in the DC universe, and if Akatosh exists, Dragonborn exist.

Wait. So once Alduin stared to mantle his Kalpa eater thing does that mean the DB became more powerful to oppose him? Is that right?

Attached: 1547073157859.gif (540x405, 1.34M)

>be alduin
>mightiest dragon
>world eater
>inmortal
>get challenged by naked catman
>EZ
>get nuked by exploding spiders
>mfw

Attached: 345c91295bbfb77d6387daa77956c357.png (1000x1355, 803K)

Alduin didn't mantle is Kalpa eater destiny, he rejected it.

That's why a Dragonborn is created to kill Alduin, so he either gets reborn as his Kalpa eater destiny, or Alduin will no longer exist AS a Kalpa eater and thus Akatosh has purged that aspect from himself via the power of Retcon magic that is a Dragonborn.

I see an Amaranth as being selfless, personally. The CHIMers that birthed them may have selfish intentions, but that actual Amaranth themselves would seemingly have the desire to create a new dream for the "individuals" to exist in, instead of Anu's flawed/selfish which was created out of anger and heartbreak.