How come there are so little German heroes or characters in general...

How come there are so little German heroes or characters in general? They are villains all of the time while German heroes usually only barely exist as backdrop or are pathetically bad, like Marvel's attempt at Captain Germany that one time, and with a bad case of google translate whenever they aren't speaking english. Sure WWII probably factors a lot into this, but Russia has a lot of heroes and they were considered villains by most for long too, not to mention that Germany has become an important ally to the west for a long time now. Nightcrawler is the only one i can really think of and thats it.
Just curious why such a big nation has so little representation, especially since inclusion and shit is so big in the entertainment industry right now.

Attached: germany.png (550x330, 248)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JK1_VzoakMM
youtube.com/watch?v=w4aLThuU008
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brad_Bentley_(Earth-616)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_comics
talesfromthekryptonian.blogspot.com/2011/10/d-gruppe-germanys-first-super-hero-team.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guess Germany doesn´t need heros...

Because the only frame of reference Americans have for Germans are Nazis, silly accents, sausage, and digging holes at the beach.

japanese media has a bunch of german heros or characters.

dunno about capeshit. american comics basically only have american protags. foreign protags are rare in mainstream today. toyo harada is still alive and one of them. not in mainstream tho.

Most countries outside of America barely have any heroes. You may get a few from other anglo countries but that's about it for the most part. In Germany's case it's just seems worse because at the same time they are very popular as villians.

Any german pride gets accused of nazism

As an American who has lived in Germany for the past sixteen years, I have to say that the post-1918 German mindset allows absolutely no room for heroism.
A large majority of Germans are extremely self-absorbed, highly judgemental of anything in any way outside of the norm, and only ever altruistic if it makes them look better than their peers. They only do good things for the purpose of showing other people how good they are. Why do you think they took in all of those refugees?They hate taking responsability for anything negative. Pretty much no German is creative, and if they are, they channel it into very cheaply made modern art or copying something from another artist. Quite a lot of Germans are sickeningly competitive based on inferiority complexes and jealously.
Don't get me started on how jealous a German can be.
If an American is jealous he will either admit it if he you two are friends, or will outright hate you for it, obviously displaying how they feel, while not admitting.
Germans will be completely cold about it, however polite they may seem, and leave you to suffer when they least expect it.
Germans don't show their real selves, and don't want to grow beyond themselves.
They don't want to improve, they want to please. They want to fit in, they want to keep the status quo. Germany is nihilism in it's worst form.
They believe in nothing, not even themselves.
There is nothing about the German mindset that could be qualified as heroic.
Germans can't be heros, anti-villains at best.

you sound like a buttmad pole or russian.

Nope, I'm honestly just an American who is sick of this shithole.
My only way of revenge is to get their cheap college classes, and convert to Judaism.
The second I get my masters, I'm moving back to Vermont.

I think France and Britain get a lot of representation though, Russia too sometimes. Sure its not much, but its better than Germany which gets literally nothing but a few villains in western media

because we are nazis

Attached: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (550x499, 41K)

Because everyone saw how cool Nightcrawler was, knew they'd never come close to him and just ave up.

Attached: Swash.jpg (550x366, 96K)

>American
>"A large majority of Germans are extremely self-absorbed, highly judgemental of anything in any way outside of the norm, and only ever altruistic if it makes them look better than their peers"
Oh the irony
Also jesus did a german fuck your wife, or i don't know steal your lunch money or why are you so mad?

Germans don't need to imagine alternate realities or fantasies: they create them. They inherited the mantle of civilization and despite 2 world wars and countless deaths, the still hold it.

You doesn't need to visualize a hero in a fantasy setting when you can literally become one

Attached: IMG_0221.jpg (500x498, 78K)

I think Daytripper is German.

Attached: X-Men_Evolution_Season_3_3_-_Amanda_Sefton_(Earth-11052)_0001.jpg (1152x864, 62K)

I forget Kurt exists from time to time and I regret it
I've never read an X-people comic but I don't know where to start for peak kurt

Aside from WWII, I think a lot of it comes down to how serious Germans are stereotyped as being, even their language and the harshness of it lends itself to villainy.

Not him
Why do people feel that way about americans.
of the few I've grouped up with on 2channel have been really interested in everyone else rather than telling me about themselves

I have an idea for a german superhero, the scatman

The Germans can handle them. They made Uter Swiss.

American don't know many German characters.
>the villain(Maybe Nazi or Commie or both)
>the mad Scientist (also Nazi)
>weirdo artist (probably gay)

Attached: latest[1].png (262x336, 15K)

This. Real heroes dont shoot lasers from thier eyes.
Real heroes make quality vacume cleaners

Attached: IMG_1436.jpg (1000x668, 227K)

sounds like most modern people

>why do you think they took all those refuges
Because europe is under american occupation since 1945.
Litteraly the first turc "guest workers" moved into germany right after turkey allowed american missles to be places on ots land.

Attached: IMG_0964.png (640x1136, 722K)

I'm 20, and unmarried.
I just hate Krauts.
I have to deal with them every fucking day of my life that I don't stay indoors.
Avoiding Krauts is one of the biggest reasons I'm on Yea Forums and enjoy Yea Forums-related media.
Germans disgust me.
I'm not even that great of a person, I don't think of myself as some high and mighty smarty-pants.
However, whenever I have to interact with Germans, something about them is...
Something is missing.
It's like I'm talking to an artificial intelligence.
It's like I'm talking to somebody not fully human.
Germans lack something that I have always felt with people from other countries.
Maybe it's the Communist AND Facist influence, I don't know.
The real shame is that pre-1918 German culture was beautiful.
I adore German Opera, I love Otto von Bismarck, and I adore German art.
That makes it even more depressing to see what the modern German is.

>The USA is the reason why Germany is being overrun by poverty-stricken assholes who have no comprehension of human decency

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
You just made my day, user.
Thank you.
Thank you so, so much.

germans vs amerimutts always happens on /int/ and the same shit is going on on this thread

they are hostile to each other for whatever reason.

>Sure WWII probably factors a lot into this, but Russia has a lot of heroes and they were considered villains by most for long too

Russia were considered villians by their enemies but always considered themselves to be heroes. Modern Russians still like themselves and are proud of their past. Imperial Russia and the USSR had lots of shitty parts but some good ones, and Russians are proud of the good bits.

Germans on the other hand genuinely hate themselves. They have no national pride what so ever and are distrustful of anyone who seems proud. Heroism is antithetical to their national spirit.

You are retarded tinfoil hat.

so since I was able to solve the captcha to post this, may I ask what exactly it is you think we are lacking?

probably because contrary to popular belief nato exists not to inhibit russian aggression but to ensure german passivity. as long as germany doesnt need to focus on military, europe is "safe." The second they are forced to, it will proceed as all things german do; to the point of absurdity

Sounds bs. Modern Germans are rather pacifistic.

Last time a european country tried removing muslim savages from its land it was bombed by americans with deplited uranium.
That country was called serbia

Attached: IMG_1440.png (748x424, 161K)

Due to the fact that I am not a psychologist, I can't put my finger on it, so I will do my best to paraphrase it.
It seems to be a genuine interest in self-fufillment.
A spark, that mankind has, and NEEDS, to find a meaning to life. It's a spark that allows people to enjoy life, to enjoy thinking outside the box, to enjoy discovering new things, to aspire not to immitate, but to innovate.
It's a drive to not just exist, but to discover what else there is, and to be happy that YOU have just discovered something NOT for any sake other than your own. To create and learn, for the sake of creation and learning.
To do something because it enriches one's own life, not because you are supposed to.
It's the spark that fuels people like Henry Darger or Ralph Bakshi.

Cool story bro.I guess this correlation
makes sense in your head.

Attached: Charlie___Sunny[1].jpg (1200x890, 105K)

Hans von Hammer's one of my favourite characters he's a fascinating person. Johann Kraus was one of my favourites from Hellboy.

Attached: Hammer from Hell.jpg (533x750, 95K)

Has been done, actually.
youtube.com/watch?v=JK1_VzoakMM

Germany was the backbone of the NATO during the cold war and the army was twice as big as it is now. If it was to ensure German passivity they sure did a bad job because before it was needed as the front against Russia West Germany didn't even have an army

What that americans are self absorbed, ignorant and only help others if that benefits them?
Well for the first one just look at the guy i was replying to. Look at this thread. I've been to the US several times and most people there really do believe the world revolves around them. Of course not everyone is like that and most of them don't even mean it in a bad or hostile way, but in my experience many people are just taught very little about others. This is also enforced and the cause of exceptionalism in the american entertainment industry, where the US is mostly portrayed as the epicenter of anything happening. This also relates to the point of this thread, i.e. that other countries aren't portrayed as important.
The second one can be attributed to american foreign policy, but i don't want to get into a political argument right now.

I see your talking point.
Thank you for your answer I appreciate it

>They have no national pride what so ever and are distrustful of anyone who seems proud. Heroism is antithetical to their national spirit.
This seems to be a big dumb meme that needs to go away. I've lived in Germany for about 20 years now and can safely say that the self-hating-german stereotype is wrong, or well at least not really more prevalent than people hating their own nation in other countries. It may seem that way to some, but its just a difference in culture when compared to the americans for example, as germans are in my experience usually more reserved and just not the kind of people who run around the streets dressed in national colours hanging flags everywhere unless it is an appropriate time, and that coupled with a more pacifistic foreign policy and regret for what happened in WWII gives the impression that pride is non-existent, but its just a difference in behavior. A 20 second conversation with the average german can attest to that.
Anyone who says that most germans hate themselves or pride in general has never been to germany during football season.

user who hates Germans here.
I can second this, they adore their country, they just aren't that open about it.

The reason for this is probably that most American comic writers and artists only think about Germany when they try to dodge high tuition fees for their art degrees.

Most of them likely have no real opinion on Germany or an idea of what it's like or what kind of people live there, aside from them having a weird language and no humor. Also Nazi stereotypes that really aren't helpful here.

Ayup. Ask a German if he'd die for a flag, and he will decline. Tell him you dislike his bread and you have started a fight you cannot win.

Maybe I am a bot. I don't need to find any higher meaning in my life. I don't have big ambitions or goals in life. actually all I wish for is a status quo in which I can keep up my standart of living. All I want is a boring every day life without unecessary action or other disruptions. This is what fullfillment means to me. To be left in peace.
I don't think that excludes philosophical thinking though. What can I know? What should I do? What may I hope? What is the human being? These four great questions the German Philospher Kant identifies as the very foundation of philosophy are at the core what every person struggles with. may it be conciously or unconciously. My way of answering these questions isn't to live my life in some kind of extravagant way, but to think about these things privately and quietly.
For me being alive doesn't mean to acomplish anything, but to think about those questions until I'm satisfied with the answer I've found for myself, though knowing I'll always have to reconsider those answers for the as long as I'm alife.

How many French heroes can you think of?
It is always Britain, Canada, Japan and Russia.

yeah, but quit checking your neighbor's trash to see if he recycled correctly

Well, Guillotine comes to mind.
There are some Aussies, too.
But half the time writers just forget these things, anyway. Ah, Anglosphere's all the same, right?

As a German, i find the concept of patriotism incredibly dumb. How can you be proud of anything you didn't accomplish yourself? I was born in Germany, so what? There are things here that are going well and other that aren't. I as a private man don't stand for anything the country decides as a political entity as a whole and I don't consider my nationality as a big part of my identity.There is no German culture or way of life I identify with. I don't even think there is a particular German way of life or some kind of common German culture. Culture contantly changes and adapts anyways.
I just happen to live here.

posts like this always make me sad and also avoid /int/ for the last years
I already have massive existential and emotional problems and shitters like you just take an extra dump on it

I don't care about this shit. Trash gets correctly sorted at the recycling plant or it's just burned anyways.

Try leaving your town for once, Kevin.
You will see that there are a ton of things that get done differently outside Germany.
Like breakfast. Or laws.

>openly operating think tanks are conspiracies, guys

Attached: heavy-tf2-1440x900-wallpaper-790723.jpg (1440x900, 108K)

you might not know it but germany is still hated or at least disliked by the majority of people.
Just look at this thread, because some germ snobs from berlin acted like new yorkers your average americano assumes they are soulless demons. The distaste is real, and so it doesn't really sell except when you make em nazis because muh aesthetics, but you can't mix this aesthetic with heroism yet because it's been roughly a century now

Why should I care?

>Anyone who says that most germans hate themselves or pride in general has never been to germany during football season.
Because that is exactly the one vent and even that triggers some people.

Attached: image131.png (448x722, 611K)

Gambit, Fantomex, Crimson Fox and Nightrunner. Also don't get me started how often you see french cities like Paris in comics and shows. Sure its not that much but its enough i think, and still significantly more than Germany.

BPRD had Heroes and Villians from Germany, US and Russia.
I’m not sure that it matters, though. Americans making comics about Americans doesn’t seem odd or noteworthy in any way.

Actually, Germany is globally perceived very positively.
Aside from people who haven't yet stopped fighting WW2 in their heads.
I mean, Berlin is overrun with international students for a reason.

Your race are villains, historically speaking.

Because Marvel and DC are.controlled by.. Well, you know. People with a long memory.

This is a deliberately ironic post, isn't it?

>I'm not even that great of a person

No fucking shit.

Do you know the expression "If you meet an asshole, that's an asshole. If you meet assholes all day long, guess what - YOU'RE the asshole".

A lot of Americans are ethnic Germans (famously including their President). So... shitting on the Vaterland?

Wasn't Gambit from New Orleans?

>pic
jesus
maybe the left can actually meme and this shit is just prime trolling

Attached: 1497930788250.jpg (187x250, 5K)

Look at the "Nee? Doch!"
This is just top tier banter

Gambit is American. He's from Louisiana. Fantomex is not French, he's technically speaking not even really from Earth.

Crimson Fox (both of them) are French... but who has ever heard of them? And I am guessing this Nightrunner is some parkour-type-guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=w4aLThuU008

...That's bullshit.

>Actually, Germany is globally perceived very positively.
yeah, muh polls. The general opinion of the average joe is usually don't care. If they actually care about countries chances are it will be negative
>I mean, Berlin is overrun with international students for a reason.
cause it's cheap , a meme and the least german place in germany like most big cities

Quality over quantity, user.

Attached: 504x480.jpg (504x480, 74K)

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brad_Bentley_(Earth-616)

There's also the fact that Germany doesn't want to be warlike. It doesn't want to be an active hero. Germans just want to be seen as normal Joes working in a factory, as an engineer, or a bank or whatever and then drink beer and eat wurst. They just wanna be Otto Normalverbraucher, the everyday man.
If that makes them happy, then so be it.

t.patrick zabrinsky polnisch zweitgeneration

Ok looks like i was wrong about Gambit. I don't know i always remember him having a french accent and.....acting french? And to Fantomex ok, i also just remember him being aggressively french but that seems to be just banter now that i research it.
Hmm

>Actually, Germany is globally perceived very positively
because of the mommy peace state that tries so hard to be good. Germans as people are still largely disliked, maybe for good reason maybe not.
For all I know, if you are born a german you are alone. The world, your own people, all are on the other side of the river, especially if you aren't a selfhating lemming. I live in cologne, Last week I put two germany flags on my jacket and both natives and foreigners were equally disgusted and confused.

Attached: 1494341632144.png (950x968, 498K)

>i always remember him having a french accent and.....acting french?

Correct. Louisiana cajuns talk a lot of French. But they are American.

>Last week I put two germany flags on my jacket and both natives and foreigners were equally disgusted and confused.
good.

cool down Shlomo

Because you believe the world revolves around you, and have thus lost the need for any self improvement. Anyone who tries to build up institutions, or elevates themselves out of pure merit, or achieves great academic success, is sneered at, while you cheer on sleazy cultists, faith healers and politicians.

>. I don't even think there is a particular German way of life or some kind of common German culture. Culture contantly changes and adapts anyways.
>I just happen to live here.

I agree that Germans do not have any kind culture or ethnic heritage. My point was that every other country in the world does and that Germans are unique in this way. You are devoid of any sense of group pride and cohesion.

Claremont X-Men, then Claremont Excalibur.

>I put two germany flags on my jacket and both natives and foreigners were equally disgusted and confused.
I think thats just your autism lad

>You are devoid of any sense of group pride and cohesion.
you say this as if it was a bad thing.

I'm Japanese
I don't do anything that you mentioned,I'm sorry you cant be bothered to roll your cursor over a black bar to see what it says
I've only interacted with two Americans which which is why I asked the question
The only people I hate are the Chinese and you due to rudeness
But thank you for answering my question

or maybe you took it as an insult

Thank you very much
I appreciate it friend

white is white. i mean you could cry about there being no welsh heroes really or what of estonia. why so little representation. marvel exists mostly in america or some distant planet / dimension. why? it sells more in america and always has

>you say this as if it was a bad thing.

It isn't a bad thing in your case per se. Germans don't care about the continued existence of Germany as an ethnic and cultural group and no one else cares about your continued existence either. So no one is harmed. But it would be a bad thing if it occurred to any non-German country.

>I agree that Germans do not have any kind culture or ethnic heritage.
>You are devoid of any sense of group pride and cohesion.
nice b8 m8

>thread is filled with /pol/ bait and naziposting
This site has been shit since 2012
The Germans have heroes. Siegfried, Beowulf, Frederic Barbar-
>Yea Forums

Oh, you mean German SUPERheroes. See On a side note: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_comics
talesfromthekryptonian.blogspot.com/2011/10/d-gruppe-germanys-first-super-hero-team.html
Does anyone here read actual German Yea Forums?