Comic promoting advice!

Hey, Yea Forumsmrades. My comic's first issue was just completed, and before I submit it to publishers, I want to send it to reviewers/websites to generate some hype. Can anyone point in the right direction of reviewers who'd be interested?

Thanks, guys

Attached: 50394912_10104176788993277_2688193749661515776_n.jpg (652x960, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WHqDhyEqJnMJ:www.comixtribe.com/2013/01/28/whos-going-to-review-my-independent-comic-book/ &cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dang, it was worth a shot.

Sorry mate, we don't know shit about anything.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WHqDhyEqJnMJ:www.comixtribe.com/2013/01/28/whos-going-to-review-my-independent-comic-book/ &cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Story time it on here

Or at least post like some preview pics

>PopCults
>Broken Frontier
>Fanboy Comics
>Comic Booked
>The History of Bad Ideas
>Pipedream Comics

Thanks for the links, bros!

I'll share an image or two from the first issue's action sequence. I'm really proud of it. Can't wait until the whole thing is in a publisher's solicitations.

Attached: 55445011_399200664190676_374545462021062656_n.png (1350x2048, 2.59M)

One more for you lads

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-195808.png (1440x2172, 3.1M)

So what's it called?

Yup, worked for the guy who made Tomboy

Shit looks interesting, dude

Color me intrigued. You better tell us when it gets out, man.

Attached: 1527003386659.jpg (475x263, 21K)

Holy fuck, this is really good. I hope you find some success with it.

I like your bomb guy.

It's called Detonator! I'm really excited to share the whole thing with you guys. I'm mailing out physical issues to publishers along with my submissions next week, and my artist starts penciling the second issue in two weeks.

Good sequence of panels, good anatomy, fun designs, good use of colors intriguing panels. How's your script? Hope you're successful, op

This looks really fucking cool!

What's the name so I know when to buy it?

Attached: 1553367467085.jpg (720x720, 92K)

Who are the publishers in question?

I may be biased, since I'm the writer, but I think it's really damn good. I showed it to my neighbor who's an editor for Penguin Books who LOVES comics (He has an entire room just lined with bookcases full of them.) and he told me I have a unique idea and a good first issue. I'm really proud of it. He's also helping me with my cover letter to Image.

I'm going to start with Image, then try Aftershock, Black Mask, and pretty much everyone under the sun.

Image is my dream publisher. Even if they don't take me on this time, I plan on finishing the entire 7 or 8 issue series, then resubmitting the completed series.

The only thing is, I never bothered to make a professional presence online, and while I really fucking hate the idea of making a concerted effort at "social media" I'm going to have to give it a go if I want a better chance with publishers, hence reaching out to review sites, making a Twitter account, and making a Youtube account focused on how to make comics/working with artists/submitting to publishers.

I am hyped to go to cons and nerd out with creators and fans, though.

>There! I gave you something else to cry about, you mopey fuck!
>Mopey fuck!

LOL HAHA this really make me laugh. Ok this is kind of fun

Well you better get started you beta male cuck!

I better see this shit by 2020!

I know nothing about the comic book industry

I AM GEEZ! I got to. My dream is to make comics for Image, DC, and Marvel as a second job.

Thanks, man. The rest of the issue (and series) has a similar vibe. I'm trying to write a comic that explores SERIOUS BIZNESS like PTSD and depression through a more light tone than usual. I think you can still be empathic while incorporating luls. Not everything about the topic has to be grim, melodramatic, and navel-gazing.

>Black Mask

Trust me when I say you DON'T want to sign on with them. You can do better than them, anyone can. Try Action Lab, Lion Forge or Scout Comics.

>Aftershock
I thought they don't take submissions unless you know someone there.

>making an online presence

Yeah this is gonna be the hard part. The best way to reach out to most of these reviewers is on twitter, email usually is gonna be the slowest way to get a reply (you may be waiting a while for them). You also gotta remember that alot of reviewers aren't really interested in Indie books, they mostly want Big 2 since those bring in the views. Comic Crusaders is the most likely that will give you indie book a shot (they did for me out of a whim when I asked on twitter).

Hope you succeed.

By the way what is your name, so I can Google it together with Detonator. Because Googling Detonator alone is not going to be very helpful.

And don't forget Comixology a lot of Indie authors put their work there.

Hey I remember you from the last thread you made! Good for you man! Can't wait to read it! My advice is make that twitter and then find the reviewers of places like multiversity. They're usually super chill, are in their early twenties, and barley have any followers. Hit them up and I can almost gaurentee they'll throw you a bone. I was the dude that said you seem like a college student

Haha, good to hear from you, man. I'll definitely check out Multiversity. I really do appreciate the advice ya gave me.

>Detonator
You got a place to keep up with it?

Not yet. I will in a month or two. I'm going to wait to hear back from publishers. In the meantime, I'll be working on getting tables at Cons near NYC, getting reviews, building a website for my comic and myself, and working on the social media/youtube side of things.

The second issue should be ready then, at which time I'll put both of those mo'fos on Gumroad

Well then, you better keep us posted or else.

We believe in you

I definitely will, amigo. I'll make something we'll all like, so Yea Forums can eventually hate on my Batman run.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x232, 996K)

I'm already typing my response to a book I haven't read.

Attached: 1549762881723.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Wouldn't have it any other way, you bat wank fuck.