Whose ready for the future?

Whose ready for the future?

Attached: belle-looks-like-a-straight-up-computer-graphic.gif (650x366, 3.06M)

why wasn't i born japanese

>mfw the reason japan constantly gets this shit first is because they have the manufacturing base right there to build and improve upon it
>mfw the only reason they have that manufacturing base is because the us outsourced it there
>mfw this could have been america

Attached: 1419192499386.jpg (780x818, 123K)

I want to know the mad science that allows them to avoid the uncanny valley.

This looks less impressive than the first few times I saw it.

The nervous shuffle at the start really sells it.

>a robot is a better actor than Emma Watson

Attached: Tokyo Disneyland.webm (1280x720, 675K)

This does it more justice. Wild.

>Japanese begin buying out American companies in the 1970s and 1980s, destabilizing the American economy
>In Japan, it is illegal for a domestic company to sell itself to a foreign entity
>This is so that foreigners cannot destabilize their economy the same way they destabilized the USA's.

Two bombs weren't enough.

So when can you fuck it?

What is this, an actual real life robot? That's fucking impressive. I thought they couldn't get them to walk convincingly yet?

It's not actually walking; there are a bunch of hydraulic arms attached at the base of her dress that are propping her up and moving her around.

Give it ten or twenty years before they start rolling out sexbots. And about five years after that before they're banned.

Makes sense. Pretty impressive for what it is though. I wonder if we'll live to see the age of robot actors, if the technology ever gets cheap enough.

>I wonder if we'll live to see the age of robot actors, if the technology ever gets cheap enough.

It'll always be cheaper to create the actors with CGI rather than build a practical effect for them. And we already live in the age of CG actors. Best we can hope for is that the Uncanny Valley gets less uncanny.

Fuck America and fuck you.

A lot of the shorts of Love Death + Robots had really impressive CGI, completely avoided the uncanny valley

That's great cgi

user I've got some news for you.
That's not CGI, it's claymation.

OP shoulda just posted this in the DisneyParks thread:
Go vote in my strawpoll, fuckos

It's because they keep the cartoon look and didn't try to make it hyper-realistic.

Emma Watson?
As soon as you make a movie she wants to be in.

I'm pretty sure user meant the Belle animatronic.

Well they also have a huge boner for quality which the US doesn't have.