Hello Yea Forums, I come to you from Yea Forums with a question. For context...

Hello Yea Forums, I come to you from Yea Forums with a question. For context, here's a quote from Zack Snyder regarding superheroes:

>"Oh like, 'Batman killed a guy'. I'm like, 'Really? Wake the f**k up,'" he said.

>"So I guess that's what I'm saying about, once you've lost your virginity to this f**king movie and then you come and say to me something like, 'My superhero wouldn't do that', I'm like, 'Are you serious?' I'm like down the f**king road on that. You know what I mean?

>"It's a cool point. Look, I'm 100% fine with it. It's a cool point of view to be like, 'My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.'

>"I'm like, 'That's cool but you're living in a f**king dreamworld'."

I'm not that well versed in comic books, so my question is, are there any comics about superheroes embezzling money? I would especially like to read something about Superman embezzling large sums. Thanks.

Attached: 1553525175932.jpg (1059x143, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=106632720
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>muh reeeel wurrrrl bich XD

Attached: reallynigga.gif (500x373, 429K)

I dint care i jsut hope hsi zombie movie still has the rape in it he originally talked about

Dude really lost it after his daughter died, huh.
Thats very sad.

Snyder must face everyday knowing he'll never be half as good as Nolan.

Attached: 1553410645894.gif (480x270, 1.21M)

oh someone asking something i!!!! oh ......wait it'z Yea Forums , nah

>Hello Yea Forums, I come to you from Yea Forums
Go back there, subhuman.
Everyone else, report him for breaking >>>/global/rules/16
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=106632720

>Make a movie about a godlike space alien man and a bat-costumed blue blood fighting eachother with green rocks and kitchen sinks, teaming up with an Amazon to fight a giant hunchback

>"MUH MUH MUH REALISM"

>you're living in a f**king dreamworld'."
>unironically quoting Manchester Black without a drop of self-awareness

Attached: 1553527930363.jpg (800x1247, 254K)

Why are you so mean to me? I'm not requesting anything, it's an honest question. I just want reading suggestions.

>Completely missing the point of 'Superheros'

Somebody gave this guy a multi-billion dollar potential franchise. Think about it, he had to sit down with producers and executives and sell them the idea that he was the guy who could put butts in theater seats. What kind of people are running this shit?

>What kind of people are running this shit?
The kind of people who like embezzling money would be my guess.

>like every two words
>muh real world porblms

uh if he cared so much about these real world issues then why not make a movie about them instead of doing some weird dark superhero bullshit that doesnt touch on any of these subjects or roots itself in reality..Snyder is a fucking idiot and worse he's a pretentious idiot.

At least own up the edge and go full Ennis.

Literally what the fuck did he mean by this?

Attached: AB28E2FB-A0F8-404D-B415-91695F50D3A4.jpg (575x621, 97K)

Yea Forums shits on this story a lot but Inreally enjoy Superman telling the edgelords off. Also goddamn Snyder really is the same guy as Manchester Black. Fucking Manchester Black was directing Superman films on Earth 33.

Attached: E821ADE8-7E30-4479-AFFA-FBB7B62A383C.jpg (1024x1599, 822K)

Zack Snyder completely misses the point of the material he's adapting for a film. This news and more at 11

So let me get this straight: Snyder can’t fanthom a character flaw other than the will to kill, and has a harder time buying a no kill code than a billionaire who dresses like a bat to fight crime?

He truly is fucked in the head

>Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.

Attached: Grant_Morrison_0001.jpg (576x823, 50K)

>Why are you so mean to me?
You and your kind are one of the worst things to have ever befallen this board, if not the absolute worst thing. Mass torture and extermination is too good of a fate for you "people".
>I just want reading suggestions.
Then go to and then kill yourself for being so goddamn stupid. You fucking dipshit.

>>"I'm like, 'That's cool but you're living in a f**king dreamworld'."
Yes, that is what DC is supposed to be. A fantasy escapism about colorful people fighting higher concepts and having over the top morals.

Grow up

>I would especially like to read something about Superman embezzling large sums
You didn't even listen to the Superman part.

Attached: Zack Snyder is a hack.jpg (962x1466, 271K)

The squidless ending to Watchmen is making more sense by the minute

Superheroes probably kill a lot of people with traumatic brain injuries that kill them later on like football players

I'm going to read Super Gods sometime this year. Do new copies come with psilocybin mushrooms, or do I need to get them myself?

Attached: 11985115.jpg (315x475, 57K)

Why he should be as someone who is worse than him?

I am impressed at your pleb level. Share another opinion please, this ought to be fun.

That’s really a common problem in fiction, not really contained to just comics. I can’t tell you how many movies, shows, and cartoons act like knocking someone unconscious is easy or even remotely safe. To writers it’s a non lethal “off switch” when in reality that kind of shit can have long lasting effects.

However this is still fiction, which Snyder can’t grasp

As superheroes are fictional, and they operate in fictional worlds that are at the complete control of authorial power, they only cause traumatic brain injuries if the text itself said that they do.

>how Superman can possibly fly
yes, back in a day CREATORS of Superman didn't treat their character as a fairy tale garbage.

Attached: Superman powers explained in comparison.jpg (600x795, 263K)

Attached: dubs check them.jpg (800x1147, 173K)

I mean, sure, if you want to tell a realistic story, then you need to treat injuries in a serious manner. But if you aren't aiming for verisimilitude, then there's no reason to treat injuries in a serious manner.

Like, do you have any idea how dead the Wet Bandits from Home Alone would be by the end of the second movie?

Attached: homealone_iron_giphy.gif (480x270, 3.07M)

You sound mad, you should take your meds. How is that reporting campaign going?

The “science” behind Kryptonians is still basically fairy tale tier. We just call it a anti-gravity field and don’t ask the how or why

>Batman killing anyone
Snyder is a fool. He should just make his own superhero instead of drag a well-standing one on the ground.

Who hurt you, user? It wasn't OP. Was it your parents? School bullies? An ex?

Attached: 541321.jpg (485x558, 145K)

>authorial intent
>having similarities to fairy tales is a bad thing

Sorry not sorry, Zack.

How would they even do classic stories like Killing Joke, Year One or Under the Red Hood? Most of Batman's best stories go completely out the window when he can just pull out an automatic rifle and fill Bane with lead.

The irony here is that Batman still packs more deadly firepower in that belt than any store bought pistol can do

Read more comics.

>you have to be Zack Snyder himself to be honest and objective
Grow up.

>Classic
>Under the Red Hood
newfag please go

>Most of Batman's best stories go completely out the window when he can just pull out an automatic rifle and fill Bane with lead.
if it gets to the point when he can't neutralize him otherwise and under competent non-hack writer? Yes, Bane dies.

Attached: Batman about killings.jpg (720x720, 102K)

Oh yeah, absolutely. Even in the comics, when all of his weaponry is explicitly non-lethal and all of his soldiers are trained to avoid traumatic and life-threatening injury, Batman could absolutely take over Gotham in a manner of moments.

He really is like Superman, in that he is completely capable of anything he could put his mind to. That he chooses better ways, and that he chooses to protect life rather than stand as its judge, makes him a better and more interesting character. And it's just that irony that you point out, that assists in making him an interesting character.

Like, that Snyder Grim Knight comic came out the other week, and all I saw on here was comparisons to the Punisher. If Snyder wants to write a story about a super high-tech Punisher with Big Brother aspirations, then he should make an original character, then build a movie around him. Since that's obviously what he wants to do in the first place.

Why doesn't Burton's movie get shit for this when batman launches rockets into a crowd?

How in the fucking world did they ever think it was a good idea to hire this fuck

>Since that's obviously what he wants to do in the first place.
He just doesn't want to be a hack, like all current Batman writers.

Attached: Batman Kills by Dini.jpg (1600x1230, 464K)

I hope some studio gives Zack Snyder a billion dollars so he can explore the effect of traumatic brain injuries caused by superheroes.

"Grow up, grow up!" the manchild screamed, unable to realize that he had never done so.

If I was a better person, I'd pity you.

Attached: 35484792305.gif (268x270, 3.23M)

>doesn't want to be a hack

And I don't want to be trapped on a mudball spinning towards oblivion while the powerful do nothing. We don't always get what we want.

Right? It would be so grimngritty and dark.

Have him adapt Heroes in Crisis for the big screen.

Attached: 250px-HeroesInCrisis1.jpg (250x375, 45K)

It's a bad thing if character wasn't CREATED that way.
If there was panel saying "we don't know how Superman jumps so high, who cares, fuck you, by next issue" this shit thinking can gets pass, yet it isn't.

It's still an explanation. Superman is so SUPER that his static field under the Yellow Sun fucks up space and time. And when he isn't under Yellow Sun, or ran out of energy he can't do shit.

This is a different type of brain injury caused by superheroes

I just don't get this impulse to want to see your heroes killing people. Like, that genuinely disturbs me. Superman and Batman not being killers is a large part of what makes me love them, and find inspiration in reading them. The desire to see them as killers is just completely alienating to me.

You people talk like the villains that Superman and Batman put down. Like, you people know that, right? "He cannot be good because if I had power, I would not be good."

>needing everything to be explained

Christ you people are boring. Were you taken out of the movie when people were talking underwater in Aquaman?

He already did it in real life. Very much exposed people like this

Not if you know what Watchmen was trying to say. But you obviously probably think that it was all about the plot and knowing who killed The Comedian.

Holy shit, what a fucking retard. Can you imagine his Shazam? Billy probably would have got raped by his foster parents or something

Attached: 1476593752048.jpg (260x384, 27K)

What was Watchmen trying to say?

The context of the quote is actually the exact same thing you are saying. Morrrisson aknowledges that comic book continuity is fucked and explanations often suit the point of a story, instead of being something set in stone as evidenced how many times people explain Superman powers and origins throughout the years.
His point is that the execution of said explanations are worth reading, while the result of them are silly and where adults tend to have hangs up with.

He reads like a rude valley girl.

>That hand trying to reach the guy falling onto the tracks
>The rest of the issue probably deals with it
Yeah, nice bait but some of us actually know how to read, and have read enough comics to know better.

You don't have to explain EVERYTHING.
Again, however, in context of Superman you have. Or at least consider why some people need that explanation, instead of "fuck you manchild, be like little kids (who by the way actually demanding explanation of stuff more than they do not)".

I never read Aquaman in my entire life, except his "cameos" llike in JLA Earth 2. So I don't care. However in case of Superman overxplain was always essential part of, even in hands of different people (pic related), IN FACT this is one of many Silver Age elements that All-Star Superman deconstructed, which never explains anything.

Attached: OG Kandorians have no Superman power inside bottle because gravity in it is strong.jpg (1143x1600, 739K)

>>The rest of the issue probably deals with it
No.

Attached: Batman kill by Dini 2.jpg (1041x1600, 405K)

Go read Flex Mentallo. It would do you a world of good. Take some acid, too. Not at the same time, though, I don’t think reading while tripping is a good idea.

That the simplistic morals and overall outlook of superhero comics become disfunctional when faced with the more complex reality of the world. That's why Ozymandias plan needs to be something straight out of a comic book, because regardless of his genius, he' still caught up in his superhero mentality. He's as fucked up as the rest of the characters.

Beyond that, though. Apply that across the board, and you see a society teetering on the brink. Rorschach’s black and white thinking his destroyed his ability to have a life to the extent that he’s a walking mental breakdown. To be trapped in one mode of thinking without flexibility destroys people.

Why would you ever be inspired by cartoon superheroes?

>scene takes place in a rainy dark alley
>"I'm Shazam" in growling voice

And then he kills 10 people

>I'm not that well versed in comic books, so my question is, are there any comics about superheroes embezzling money?
Sounds like something Pat Mills would write.

Why would you read something if not to find edification in one way or another? You invite these ideas into your head, you want them to be good ones that you can use in some manner or another.

Again, I mainly don't have a problem with Morrison he is really great writer and I want him and Ezra over Homecoming hacks, although certain story ideas I don't like, but anyway that's not the topic.
Topic is you don't gets amazed by people demanding some explanation of the character when it's in his essence.

Not really. If I ever wanted to feel "inspired" I'd read up on real people.

Batman
Green Arrow
Iron Man

>'That's cool but you're living in a f**king dreamworld
Yes, It's a fictional world full of superheroes fighting crime in silly outfits. It's not realistic. It's not supposed to be.

>being this upset
I hate Yea Forums posters as much as the next guy, but crossboarding isn't against the rules

Attached: 1493261769900s.jpg (112x125, 3K)

I'm only talking about what makes the squid ending better than the movies. Watchmen has many things to discuss, that's why it's a classic, but by removing the squid and replacing it with something that has absolutely no relevance other than being a shallow plot twist, Snyder proves himself to be a simple minded man who fancies himself an intellectual.

Remember; there are still fags here on Yea Forums saying Snyder is a huge comics fan.

Attached: bruce alfred.jpg (383x357, 20K)

As if ‘non-fiction’ isn’t also narrativized and subject to the same sort of conventions as fiction is. Stop treating the things you like and enjoy as better or lesser than other things. You’ll give yourself a complex.

His daughter was dead 6 months before he stepped down and he wasn’t close to her
It was a smoke and mirrors to save face.

That doesn't mean you have to be inspired by fictional characters. Not all fiction needs to be exemplary to be intellectually engaging. Quite the opposite, actually.

Right on. I totally get what you’re saying and agree. You just got me thinking about how what you said applies across the board; it’s something that I hadn’t considered before, but that makes perfect sense with the narrative. Brofist.

>'My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.'
Is that- something Snyder wants to write? Because I would totally read a book about a cape embezzling money via their secret identity.

Also that’s a really dumb mindset for excusing writing characters OOC. It’s not that no kill rules are inherently moral, rather that they help convey a character’s worldview to the audience. Especially if you’re going for the “addled oedipian manchild” portrayal of Batman.

Attached: A69C7143-5C69-4A02-B35E-533D14DBB609.jpg (900x628, 245K)

Because Burton's movie is good.
People will forgive a lot of things if you make a good movie.

The desire is to see them in worst situation and having them to pull out themeselves out of them, overcome it HARD (instead of falling even further into the darkness, like shit stories like Injustice or Metal suggest), rather than pic related stuff, that happened all the time before TDKR, or Watchmen, or other Moore and Miller stuff.

Attached: Metallo teleported Kryptonite heart in Superman body actually not.jpg (935x1384, 364K)

>authorial intent
Is extremely important with any work, fiction or not.

His quotes are heavily paraphrased, they sound even worse in reality because he talks like a braindead retard with constant slurred speech and an inability to form a coherent sentence without several pauses and 'y'know' and 'fucking' thrown in between

Go back to Yea Forums

>Dude really lost it after his daughter died, huh. Thats very sad.
The Mouse always gets what they want, no matter how many lives it takes. Snyder's artistic vision stood in their way, and they weren't afraid to get their hands dirty to stop it.

Again, Manhattan wrath has more lasting effect than alien attack that never happened. It's not about being simple minded.
Plus it's tied very well with how other super hero MOVIES found more grounded approach to one thing or another, like Krypton in Donner movie being Dune-esque society in black and white robes rather than colorful retro-futuristic, Spider-Man having organic web, X-Men in black leather suits, etc.

It's not just that, because it's actually not that good. The thing is that it's consistent in the context of the movie. Batman kills goons but he also kills the Joker. This Batman kills and tortures nameless goons while we know there are more dangerous supervillains out there, including Joker, and doesn't even go after Luthor right away. He simply comes off as a bully and a hypocrite.

So he thinks Batman is trump?

Does this imbecile think his online girlfriends are going to crowd-fund a big-budget movie for him?

The reveal that the Joker is Joe Chill and Batman goes ape shit murdering everyone is indeed a fun, cathartic cinematic moment. But it doesn't do the character justice. Burton completely ignored Joker x Batman dynamic for act 3. He was just a wacky villain that dies.

The whole point of a cap hero is to overcome the hardships of the world. Not crush under them.

He is evidently
more fan of comics than anyone on Yea Forums

That's just facts you silly homophobe.

Attached: snap.jpg (942x1468, 237K)

People actually believe this shit.

Cheers to you, user. Well done.

Attached: Congrats Transparency.png (377x470, 256K)

Donner's silver and white wearing Kryptonians with magic crystals were no more "grounded" than the old Buck Rogers-style classics. Less so if anything.
Manhattan was a super-Frankenstein created in an American research laboratory, used to WMD American conflicts and thwart America's enemies ambitions. The very idea that him snapping and wiping out hundreds of millions of people across the globe, is somehow going to make everyone feel benevolently towards the US and dead New Yorkers is absolutely fucking stupid.
You're stupid. And a Zack apologist. Which is redundant.

Attached: Ted_groovy_gang.png (250x299, 119K)

>Manhattan wrath has more lasting effect
The squid attack was never supposed to have a lasting effect, it was a mad plan desperately trying to delay the inevitable. The fact that you people actually try think up "realistic" solutions is a fucking absurdity. Nothing ever fucking ends, it was written black on white you absolute brainlet

His view is very confused. Is it meant as a critique of superheroes, as Watchmen was intended to be? Because if your heroes embezzle and commit atrocities, they are villains, not heroes. But that doesn't come across in Snyderverse movies. The heroes kill, but they only kill villains. They are antiheroes, like Punisher.

I would argue having the super powered god being do exactly what everyone in the story expects hm to has significantly less lasting effect on the world than tricking them into thinking giant psychic powered inter dimensional aliens exist and can accidentally end up smashed into major cities. I mean if Manhattan is the one who does it, and he does it to more cities than just New York, than all that really proves is that Russia was right and once everyone realizes Manhattan isn't coming back it's not going to be long before they start turning on each other again, although it's more likely everyone just gangs up on America in this scenario. The squid is an entire paradigm shift in human thinking, it changes everything they know about the world the same way Manhattan did when he first appeared. And that's not even getting into all the writing and thematic elements that make the squid ending better.

What crimes were the security guards in the back of Luthor's truck committing? They were transporting something Luthor was given by the government to research.
They shot at Batman, a known lawless vigilante, after he pulled his illegal assault tank up on their convoy, with the clear intent of intercepting them.
Batman ruthlessly killed them because they had something he felt he needed, to murder someone else!

Attached: Batfleck3.jpg (852x479, 70K)

Oh right, they buy hundreds of positive reviews, rig the system by banning critical reviews, delete 1000s of negative reviews, smear critics as misogynists - but bumping off one person related to their archrival to ensure billions in profits is beyond them. How naive.. It's no coincidence their errand boy Joss Whedon was the one on hand to sabotage Justice League.

He better check himself before his daughter necks herself

The movie definitely didn't frame it as Batman doing wrong.

The whole point of the Alien Monster was to convince (or remind) humanity that the Earth is just a small spinning outpost in the vast depths of the universe, that there is likely more threatening shit out there than some idiots who want to try out a really shitty economic system.

>Plus it's tied very well with how other super hero MOVIES found more grounded approach to one thing or another.
Except it doesn't, because it's never treated as anything but a plot twist. I'm not saying the movie should've had the squid because it'd make no sense in the context of the film, but the whole Manhattan thing undermines both the character of Manhattan and the ideas behind Watchmen, as well as creating a bunch of plot points that don't really make much sense (for instance, how Manhattan blowing up doesn't provoke immediate action against the US, since Manhattan had been used as a weapon and a threat by the American army in foreign countries). It wasn't really thought of as more than a plot twist, really. The biggest proof of that is that they kept Bubastis in and didn't even care. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a last minute re-write.
The main problem is that Watchmen should've never been a movie. You can't adapt it without it losing all of its essence. Or, you should spend years reworking it in order to function in the medium of cinema in the same way that it does in comics, and in that case, you'd be better off just writing a whole new piece.
What you say would make sense if the whole movie would've been a commentary on movies in the same way Watchmen is a commentary on comics, but it isn't. Snyder is only worried about being "cool", which is a word that he drops every other sentence every time he opens his mouth.

This user is right, those men were clearly innocent seeing how Superman never tried to get in their way. Superman wouldn't irresponsibly let machinegun-wielding criminals just walk away, right?

>Manhattan wrath has more lasting effect than alien attack that never happened.
Nope, the War of the Worlds scenario is the better option for forging a logical reason to consider unity and peace since it's about humans uniting against an invader that while significantly advanced and ruthless can still be bested, Manhattan is physically beyond all things material. There is nothing anyone can hope to do against him as far as most people are aware. It'd make more sense for people to bow to him like the soldiers in 'Nam than to rally against someone they can't touch.

>It's not about being simple minded.
I won't really insist that was the cause behind it, but the effect felt is the movie tried to trim off things that would require more setup, exposition and suspending disbelief than it could really retain. So even if it wasn't a simple-minded intent, it intentionally simplified itself and the effect is it being viewed as such.

Thanks, Norman!

It's also based on something that I believe Reagan said, about how he felt the world would come together if attacked by an outside force.

>I'm like, 'That's cool but you're living in a f**king dreamworld

I wish people who say this about superheroes could see the irony. I'm not even against a more realistic aproach to superheroes, but thinking this is the right way to deal with them instead of just a different way is just stupid.

It didn't frame Luthor as a known criminal. And it didn't frame Luthor's having the alien samples as illegal or criminal in any way.
Sure the launcher and minigun were (probably) restricted, but they were driving through Bat Country, and their preparations seemed prudent given that he assaulted them with a high-tech tank.
But again, Luthor had done absolutely nothing criminal that we are shown, Batman starts with the crime. It's not even good Batman-ing. He could have waited and stolen it later, instead of instigating a lethal high-speed encounter. But that's Snyder desperately trying for some of that Nolan mojo.

>rig the system by banning critical reviews
When?
>delete 1000s of negative reviews
Those weren't legitimate reviews and you know it.
>bumping off one person related to their archrival to ensure billions in profits is beyond them
How would killing Snyder's daughter benefit them financially, let alone in the billions? Snyder's big Batman vs Superman event was already being outgrossed by Guardians of the Galaxy.
Disney is an evil corporation (well, like all corporations really), but for many other reasons. The recent buy of Fox is way worse than fucking rotting tomatoes scores, for instance. You're a fucking retard.

Oh boy.

Attached: 2BA371E6-8DF1-40CD-9DFE-8510348678D3.jpg (244x340, 14K)

>Those weren't legitimate reviews and you know it.
The internet was supposed to be his playground. He's supposed to be able to egg it's front porch and have it rage helplessly against his "leet haxor skillz".
He forgets he lives in Trump's pro-corporation America, and that shit is coming to an end.

>t. Communist

The thing about a long and relatively complex story like Watchmen is that the best approach is to adapt its essence and maybe general skeleton of the plot. But the movie never attempted that, it tried to "copypaste" as many panels as possible while paying no attention at all to subtext and themes. I mean, it's not even hard to see, just look at the characters and how the movie tries to cancel all their flaws if not outright glorify them

Attached: duuude what if the middle-aged out of shape nerd was actually a buff badass.jpg (500x339, 51K)

Why are people inspired by gods and myths? Why are people inspired by the squeaky-clean "true stories" Hollywood keeps selling?

Humans are creatures of dreams and imagination, and fictional heroes can inspire us as much as real ones.

There's nothing wrong with turning to actual history for heroes either, if you prefer.

Oh my god, are you the same asshole that said nearly the same thing in the "Non-Yea Forums that could be cool cape shit?" thread.
Fuckin get a life and get that rod out your ass dude.

>Grow up
He said, on an internet board dedicated to an artistic medium almost exclusively aimed at children.

Everything has to be "Cool as Fuck" in Snyder's Watchmen.
The entire premise of the original story is that Daniel and the rest are engaged in something absurd and outre and vaguely sexual. Then actual Scary as Fuck Superman gets dropped in to the world and now shit is out of control.

Snyder just turns it into Earth-27 Justice League.
Then goes on to turn Justice League into Earth-28 Watchmen, because that's all he knows about comics.

Attached: Manhattan.jpg (581x466, 79K)

>Snyder's artistic vision stood in their way
Like an ant stands in the way of a supernova.

You're not wrong that they're dirty, but murdering Snyder's kid is both another level of fucked up and--more importantly to them--unnecessary.

They evidently were. Just as Superman skipping Superboy phase. His S coming from Krypton. His costume coming from nowhere instead of being made with aid of Kents. Just as only Jonathan dying from cardiac arrest to teach Clark that he can't save everyone. Just as Superman had to spend 10 years in FoS, instead of going saving the world from the get go. Just as there were no Super-Robots that he built in his childhood.

Manhattan wasn't Frankenstein

He already acted irrationally and emotionally when was crowded in studio. Not far fetched concept of him to get real with retarded ants.

>New Yorkers
it was around the world in the film

>apologist
for what? if anything it is you who should apologize for your ignorance demonstrated ITT

Yes, because comic books never end.
Unlike movie adaptations of them.

Because Manhattan blows up cities around the world, including cities of US. Therefore showing that he sees no difference in humans.
Plus Adrian can do that more than once.

The commies wouldn’t know that before nukes started flying

the reason he went after them in car chase because it will be way easier and safer to retreave kryptonite via armored vehicle. Reason why he marked car is in case of things going wrong.
He doesn't want to die getting K.
He needs to get it so then he can deactivate potential nuclear bomb that is Superman.

no wonder the movie was pure shit, this guy is a fucking idiot, the worst of idiot, he is a egocentric idiot

Superman in BvS doesn't get involved in matters of justice nor politics.
He is here just to save lives or stop deaths. No more or less.
And that Batguy was getting on his nerves for doing exactly opposite With support from authorities.

"cool as fuck"
No it's not. And it's never treated in the film as such.

Why not post Injustice next? Just because it happened in a comic book doesn’t mean it was well done. There are good and bad comics you dumbass. ASBAR is not what I would use to make a Batman movie.

>Because Manhattan blows up cities around the world, including cities of US. Therefore showing that he sees no difference in humans.
Yeah, that's now how it would work. You can bet there'd be immediate action towards the country that owns the weapon, regardless if the country itself also suffered from an attack. Immediatly they'd call it a false flag, and there'd be lots of diplomatic issues, sanctions, etc. The idea behind the squid is that the whole world would unite against an alien menace. If such menace not only belonged to a specific country but was also used as a symbol of superiority and oppression by that country, you can bet your ass that it going rogue won't cause anything but further resentment and discontent right away. It just doesn't work even at a plot level, or a "realistic" one. It's simply a "cool" idea they put in without even giving it enough thought. As I said, they didn't even bother removing Bubastis, which makes no sense.

Snyder and Snyderfags hate superheroes and want them to be bent into their liking
I used to like Man of Steel but not anymore

You realize it's never once stated he died right? Even less so that Batman killed him.

You have no idea what I'm even talking about, do you

1. Because it happened in "normal" Action Comics and Detective Comics, not in an elseworld like Injustice where Wonder Woman has bullet proof skin

2. You don't cherry pick one issue out of entire arc to "prove" point. That makes you extremely dishonest, not to mention red flags you as poser who only reads entry level shit and barely familiar with character he is discussing.

3. ASBAR is an Elseworld, those are not.

it's stated literally at the next panel

>portrayals of moral ideals aren't inspiring
Brainlet

>AUDIENCES ARE TOO STUPID FOR TENTACLE MONSTERS. BLUE SPACE CANCER. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD, COMIC FANS.
>SUPERMAN WOULDN'T KILL ANYONE? SNAP. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD, COMIC FANS.
>BATMAN WOULDN'T KILL ANYONE? PEW PEW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD, COMIC FANS.
>...u-uh, I think I hear my daughter calling me, enjoy this intermission by Joss Whedon.

We should have killed Nolan while he was pregnant.

Attached: 1542859406898.jpg (420x454, 36K)

It's literally proven by the sheer fact of how toxic and shitty "fans" of those idealistic heroes are in real life.

Grow up.

It's tough out there for a Snyder Ho.
Rough, really rough.
Taking all that abuse, being degraded from morning till dark.
But you gotta stand by the pimp that brought ya, don'tcha child.
Stand by that Zach of yours till the very bitter end.

Attached: sadbatmanissad.gif (636x477, 1.06M)

Attached: opie.gif (500x351, 595K)

I'd just be brightburn

>Everyone watches superhero films
>Everyone is a selfish asshole
Yeah, really inspiring. I wonder how many of those little girls that got their free tickets for Captain Marvel instead of real support will grow up to become pilots and how many will end up being hookers, junkies, teenage mothers and/or just killing themselves in their 20s.

>Takes a metafictional deconstruction of comic books and fills it with slo-mo superfights 'cause they look cool
>Takes the two most beloved superheroes and turns them into mopey characters full of angst and self hatred
You guys just got ZACKED!

Attached: Zacked.jpg (279x293, 72K)

"and turns"
But they were already since Crisis in 80's, and even something before that.

This. His idea for the time-travel was dumb as shit too and he had this notion that it HAD to make sense from a physics perspective. Like dude, who even gives a fuck. Superheroes constantly defy physics. If you're looking for hard sci-fi in your superhero fiction, I don't know what to tell you

>You don't cherry pick one issue out of entire arc to "prove" point.
Very ironic considering what you’re doing retard.

I thought capebooks were supposed to be escapism, so yes, they're supposed to be closer to a dreamworld than whatever version of reality this guy sees. Snyder is literally a mental retard.

Cause he's literally the only one that accepted the gig. Everyone else told WB to fuck off.

What cunts

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-185625_Chrome.jpg (1029x333, 133K)

What a fucking moron. He speaks like a frat bro.

Not exactly. Everyone else wanted more time and to bring on their own scriptwriters. WB needed to get a movie out in order to keep the rights to Superman. Snyder was willing to come onboard and get started right away.

granted it's not a terrible idea to have a disillusioned Batman, but it would've helped his film if we actually got to see Batman before he lost hope. he should've made a Batman solo film before going right ahead with BvS, although part of that is Warner Bros. as well wanting that Avengers money.

>grasshoppers and ants!
>what is honed biological structure?

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that Batman might take lethal actions in dangerous conflicts. Now what's up with the branding irons?

>Now what's up with the branding irons?
He's delivering his own brand of justice

So Mister Miracle?

Put your tinfoil hat away you retard

The thing is I completely disagree with him yet love BvS because it's a phenomenal film. I even think he'd be worthwhile to have a discussion with about this very topic rather than the fools online who just spout memes.

I think there's some genuine conversation to be had with someone who thinks like Snyder does. I mean he basically spoke through Lex the entirety of BvS and yet in the end he shows that Superman is indeed a noble, good, trustworthy man despite being powerful beyond imagination. He's clearly conflicted to a point. You'll make a joke, solidifying how worthless it is to discuss this online, but why would he make his viewpoint that of the antagonists (Lex and Batman) if he didn't to some degree find incorrect?

Is there a website or something that has posts like these, talking about >the deep nature of BvS?

>is indeed a noble, good, trustworthy man despite being powerful beyond imagination
He was planning on doing Injustice user

Cape comics writers handling bow and arrows is even worse. They make it so a person can sustain many hits without dying as if bow and arrows weren't a common long range weapon used to killed for millenia.

Showing clemency to crossboarders is directly responsible for the scourge of pestilen/tv/ermin.
Shame on you for enabling such cancer.

You can't even green text properly faggot. Kill yourself.

He says as he posts ITT.

>Le Sage
Yikes

Why the fuck did DC give Batman to this guy?

I haven watched BvS in a while but I think Batman only started killing after the Metropolis incident wich traumatized him and only kills in his quest to get the kryptonite, seeing stoping Superman as the top priority. And later to save Clark's mother. Stopping other big criminals nudt wasn't the priority to him at the time.

Still, it was at least a year between MoS and BvS and all he did in that time was torturing and murdering nameless goons just to get to Superman. Adn even then, he sees as fine to torture some gun for hire to get any "info" he needs but when he suspects Luthor he doesn't go over and kicks the shit out of him to get the information he needed. And again, he's killing mere humans that have nothing to do with Superman.

>"you're living in a dream world", says man whose main piece of original media revolved entirely around dream worlds

>announcing a report
That's against the rules too, retard.

Not defending that user's display, but every time I see this confusion I'm compelled to correct it.
Announcing a report would literally be informing others you've doe that.
Simply telling others to report a rule violation isn't announcing your own report exactly, it's just inciting others.

Though in all due seriousness this thread isn't entirely off topic even if it's mostly about a live action movie, so that user could still be filed under false reporting.

Yeah, he sure likes them

Attached: Hack Snyder.png (540x405, 269K)

How can one man be so fucking B A S E D?

>more fan of comics than anyone on Yea Forums
ok but WHICH comics?

>I'm like down the f**king road on that. You know what I mean?
I really don't. What on earth does this phrase mean? Don't answer that, I don't even want to understand the mind of Hollywood freaks.

She killed herself you prick

More like Manchester Zack.

i think you are expecting a little too much out of motion pictures. if you want to make a difference, bitching about what other people do is the least helpful thing imaginable.

>tfw synder is literally just the in real life version of that character from incredibles 2 who hates superheros because they didnt save her family

He deserves it desu

I'm not the ones who say that superheroes are inspirational. They aren't, and I don't expect them to be.

well original Batman killed people, original Superman terrorized and beat up bad people with his powers rather than be this imaginary step-dad that just smiles 24/7 and rescues kittens from trees

So basically this says to me that Snyder is angry at the real world and it's problems but, rather than confront them or to tackle them in a mature way, he is just infusing them into these properties as a way to break the innocence or hope in people.

Basically "THE REAL WORLD SUCKS AND IM IN IT, SO I GOTTA DRAG ALL OF YOU DOWN WITH MEEEE!"

>KGBeast's mercenary group
>Innocent security guards

Suicide by Disney.

Explain.

That's the problem though, Snyder's Batman would kill a faceless mook without batting an eye but as far as we know he doesn't even touch the big name villains. If you're going to make Batman kill at least make him consistent. Why the ever-loving fuck would the Joker still be breathing if this jaded and willing to kill Batman is still broken up about Joker killing Robin? Why the hell are any of his foes alive if he's willing to slaughter any goon that crosses him?

Ah yes, I'm sure the USSR already prepped for nuclear Armageddon wouldn't immediately retaliate if their major cities were destroyed by an American operative. I'm sure they would wait to get news that American cities were also hit and that Manhattan was now a rogue agent. I'm sure even if they did wait they wouldn't retaliate against the US for employing an unstable human weapon like that and letting them go rogue in the first place.

>The squid attack was never supposed to have a lasting effect
The psychic backlash actually caused a lasting effect by horribly traumatizing a bunch of people that didn't even see the thing.

Superman was also a blue and red electric being for a little bit. Just because it happened in the mainline comics doesn't mean it's a good idea for adaption.

You can stop pretending to like BvS now, the joke got old. You can like DCEU movies now without looking like delusional retards now.

Attached: 6563963-aquaman+strength+9.jpg (1200x1845, 363K)

Was that mutant cat creature in the watchmen movie? Because it's literal purpose was to hint at the squid by showing the dude was making genetically engineered mutant abominations.

So if the cat's there then not using the squid is cartoonishly missing the point.

I'm sure all those slo-mo action scenes were for the character development, right?

Now I understand. If my dad was Zack Snyder I'd kill myself too.

It looked cool, bro.

>"It's a cool point. Look, I'm 100% fine with it. It's a cool point of view to be like, 'My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn't lie to America. My heroes didn't embezzle money. My heroes didn't commit any atrocities.'

this is such an insane non sequitur.

Attached: E8947FDC-91AF-49E4-87E3-D557D6432435.jpg (1024x1585, 452K)

Watchmen would have been best as a TV miniseries but the movie was before the age of Game of Thrones

He can at least take solace that he has bigger arms than Nolan.

This whole snydercuck movement on Yea Forums made me realize this is gonna end up the exact way it happened with the prequel trilogy.

Absolutely fucking bonkers.

Attached: 1470959946290.jpg (850x400, 64K)

>when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: you will never be Alan Moore

Attached: Chad Moore vs Grant Virgin.jpg (709x319, 63K)

>Who hurt you, user?
Your mom

The prequels aren't good, but the sequels make them look better in context

Snyder's DC films won't be topped as the worst DC movies anytime soon due to their fundamental misunderstandings of the material, not just directors going overboard like Batman and Robin

Now THAT'S a film perfect for Synder.

Fictuon that tries to be reality fails almost always and becomes boring, and, if its boring, then why bother?

Fpbp

Go back to the /pol/ infested board you came from and STAY THERE

Great, now Zack is just acting like his autistic fans.

Attached: 20181201_204411.png (1280x800, 678K)

Zorro homage.

>'That's cool but you're living in a f**king dreamworld'."
Isn't that the point of fiction? And that's no excuse to write characters ooc

>Superman gets brainwashed by Darkseid
>Injustice
>not end of Season 3 of Superman TAS
Get the fuck outta here.

>pretending
nobody is pretending that BvS is and always will be high art

I don't remember Zorro doing anything more than ruining perfectly good shirts.

except most popular and beloved comics ARE the ones that reflect reality, rather than "dream world"

Grow up.

cringe

Attached: owrph.png (146x136, 11K)

Don't mind him, he's just needing to feel something.

Stay pressed Yea Forumsmblr

Except to make people believe in an alien invasion you´d have to be able to observe an actual army in space, not even the US would rally if a single apparently alien being showed up out of nowhere. At best, they might assume it was some science experiment gone wrong.

Manhatten being the enemy of the world only relies on him maintaining a threat level countries can´t just ignore, but not big enough to be hopeless. The only thing wrong is that he can´t go away forever.

Dude, unlike the rest of the people in this thread, I'm pretty sure that guy was being sincere.

>I'm like down the f**king road on that. You know what I mean?
not really

So there are no comics about superman embezzling money?