Why is there never an explanation for his powers?

Why is there never an explanation for his powers?

Attached: 8A45EB72-49C7-4EB2-8539-22CB6D298E27.png (689x1366, 889K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vY9TLwsL8pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EElFaj4ezUU
docs.google.com/document/d/11d1TKd4ZKZd41pJKQ77bKz4YxJx8_Mojz2KMpNvTrvU/preview?fbclid=IwAR0sUfxBEriVetl208U-Q9A78YOV1iPSLA5Pwa-XRVOMgE6wJQt9j5m6iK4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HE'S THE CHOSEN ONE TO WIELD THE KEYBLADE
...along with Mickey
and Roxas
and... like six other people
and a few hundred thousand that fought a war a long time ago
Actually. He's not that special.

test

Because you can see what he does when you level up and learn new abilities. Anything he learns in new games is new information to him. Not complicated.

>talking about KH on Yea Forums
Big mistake, pal. People here suck dick at video games and have opinions to match.

Yes there is an explanation but you need t play the games for that :3

The magic artifact he wields isn't enough?

Because he's a Cloud from FF7 clone.

Because Nomura stopped giving a shit after KH1. In KH1, Sora was literally just a normal kid with a magical sword and some charms. By KH3 he’s pulling Disney attractions out of nowhere even after being told 20 minutes ago he lost his powers.

So the Keyblade gives him the ability to summon Disney attractions, float around in the air, defy gravity so he can run up walls, and leap tall buildings in a single bound?

At what point do we consider the Keyblade to be a narrative deus ex machina?

Did you forget the parts in KH1 where he was able to summon Disney characters out of the keyblade?

Nomura wrote 3
1 and 2 had actual writers.

It's magic, what more explanation do you need?

Because he had special crystals and charms you numpty.

It's not about the keyblade, although it does help. The strength of his heart and his friends are what gives him his power. (Source: KH1)

Why are people acting like its so ridiculous that Sora can do shit like run up walls? Is KH3 your first KH game?

He could only do that with magical charms he either found or obtained when he created a bond with certain characters.

DDD and BBS are the best in the series prove me wrong you whiny cucks.

Because he was chosen for his pure heart, says so right in the first game.

Not that pure if he had 3 other guys fucking it.

>DDD
>Drop system
>Shitty convoluted story that retcons the entire series because Nomura can’t be assed to create villains that aren’t muh Organization 13

Gameplay wise, no. I do like BBS though.

Ill take a young time controlling xehanort over horse head xehanort any day.

Because Kingdom Hearts is autistic crossover fanfic for Deviantart users. May as well ask why Crash Bandicoot Retold makes no sense.

>Why is there never an explanation for his powers?

His friends.

Attached: friends.jpg (476x826, 121K)

Magic from weilding the key gives him superhuman performance, expert swordmanship, and unlimited spell casting abilites.

Does anyone else find it very difficult to care about Kingdom Hearts because of Sora. Yeah the franchise has flaws, but I think Sora is a central one. I know he didn't start out exceedingly hopelessly stupid and infantile. But from Kingdom Hearts 2 and forward? He's a terrible protagonist.

I want to be able to like the protagonist again, but after the ending of Chain of Memories? He became seriously too dumb to live. And Kingdom Hearts 3 made him worse than Dream Drop Distance. I didn't need to see Sora cry so damn much and whine about how weak and worthless he is on his own on top of the infantile nonsense about friendship. In the previous games when Sora was alone? He still fought back, but in Kingdom Hearts 3 he just gives up.

And don't even get me started on Sora choosing to "die" for Kairi when he didn't need to and ignored Riku and Mickey's warnings. He's just too dumb to be a good protagonist.

It can basically do whatever the plot needs it to. Stabbing someone with it either rips out their heart or splits them into two people.

Honestly Sora is why I still like the games. He's just so goddamn... pure and happy and cheerful and willing to do anything for his friends. Even when shit is going down, he just wants to enjoy life. I don't know if I cared about what when I first played them but playing KH3 as a jaded adult made me happier.

No he's special in the sense that usually Keyblades are inherited from one wielder to another whereas Sora WAS CHOSEN by the Keyblade itself when there was no one else to trust.

In terms of his character, he could care less if he's not some uber special snowflake, he's just fine with who he is and that he can play a small part in the grand scheme of things.

Attached: Grim in the bath.jpg (395x355, 40K)

you don't get it, he wields THE keyblade not A keyblade. The keyblade of the entire realm of light chose him to wield it, everyone else's bar the reverse color Kingdom Key Mickey wields are keyblades formed from the power of their hearts.

>Talking to cartoon animals is normal
>Using magic is unbelievable

That, and the fact that despite all of this, he's still pretty much the only one who ever gets shit done. He was the one who saved Aqua after Mickey and Riku had tried to do that for the whole game, he had to help everyone with their fights in the KH3 endgame, he was the one to follow Xehanort and kick his ass in the end, and he's the one who sacrificed himself to save Kairi from her plot device death.

>Whatever you're talking about, I don't care

>He was the one who saved Aqua after Mickey and Riku had tried to do that for the whole game,
>Mickey
>working hard to save Aqua

Generous take on things. But otherwise, yeah, I agree.

His clothes are likely responsible for his new Formchanges considering the change in appearance. That doesn't explain why he can use Second Form while wearing the KH2 clothes, though.

Anyway, all of his powers in KH3 were explained aside from attractions. No idea when he learned how to morph his Keyblade, though.

He's got like 3-4 people in his heart, which all lend him their abilities
You know how he and Roxas can skateboard? Ventus' keyblade is a glider/surfboard, they got it from him.

He got Simba, Bambi, Dumbo, and Mushu magic stones from people and even then had to have the Fairy Godmother awaken them before he could use them. Genie and Tinker Bell are just able to be summoned by him at will.

I like to believe that Tinker Bell is just following Sora after Neverland, though, which is why he learns Glide on Hollow Bastion and conveniently gets his fairy flight back for the final battle. And then she goes back to Neverland when the worlds are restored after The Door is sealed.

Let me guess, you think Roxas is the better protag, don't you? You're one of those people?

Im pretty sure that's just because of his potential in Magic/ using the Keyblade for so long, besides him, only Aqua, Ven, and Terra know how to transform their Keyblades into their riders and even then Terra decided to weaponize the transformation.

What Im getting at is the Lingering Will fight was Canon and Sora learned to Formchange from that battle, or just like how he does everything else, learned how to do it Naturally

Attached: Grim_paper_and_pencil.png (640x366, 231K)

This, he learned wall running in 2 when fighting xemnas the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=vY9TLwsL8pQ

Those people were given keyblades by otehr people, Sora's manifested on its own.

Attached: file.png (479x466, 16K)

>can't get abilities unless you play Pokemon Amie for hours

>DDD

No

>BBS

Also no. It's good though. And it introduced us to Sora's deviantart edgelord OC so that's fun.

I prefer how Sora is written in KH1, CoM, and Coded compared to the rest of the series. He feels a bit too juvenile in the other games.

>no
nice explanation stupid.
>bbs
Its fun and terra makes it good.

>thinking you need to explain why DDD sucks

Oh honey, honey. No.

>cant explain why
Go back to flipping burgers.

Nah m80, that dude's right. From a gameplay perspective, BBS is sort of a mess. The camera is janky and constantly plays against you in every fight. The aerials are sluggish and floaty. The Command Deck system is cool in principle, but it winds up meaning you have no resources to manage at all, and Haste skills make 90% of the gameplay trivial.

From a story standpoint it's barely a level above CW dramas. All three characters bumble into one another and refuse to actually say any of the single things that could bring the entire story to a screeching halt. They all refuse to team up until Keyblade Graveyard because.... of reasons, presumably. They mostly run around whining and getting really fed up with one another. The introduction of the χ-blade makes absolutely no sense.

But most of that shit is par for the course in the KH series. The entire first game was Riku being a huge douche to Sora for no particular reason, so Terra being a dick to Ventus, Ven being a dick to Aqua, and Aqua being a dick to Terra, is basically completely on the level.

In the first games he was optimistic and cheerful, willing to have hope and be the light when everyone else around him was scared.

In everything after, he went from "optimistic and cheerful" to "naive and boneheaded."

He was talking about DDD, idiot.

I only just realized that 0.2 explained the Kingdom Key was behind that wooden door in Destiny Island's cave.

No, he was the only one CHOSEN. The others gained their Keyblades by being part of him like Roxas, or specifically trained to do so. He got his free of charge, no questions asked.

A reminder that continuing the series past KH2 was a mistake.

>People here suck dick at video games
Yes, this is why most of them play Kingdom Hearts

Haha fuck.

Attached: reginald.jpg (1200x708, 93K)

No, the real mistake was getting up its ass about lore that happened 10+ years ago instead of just doing more adventures.

All they had to do was make Sora go on adventures with defined goals beyond "Let's just randomly go to worlds and see if we find Riku, Kairi, or Mickey" and KH could've continued fine. But now it's all about ancient Keyblade shit and everyone and their mother has a Keyblade.

CoM (and by extension Re:CoM) have some of the most unique controls in vidya with the idea of 'coding attacks' being a super uniqueway of conducting battle. While I think the GBA CoM is a smoother experience overall, Re:CoM is somewhere on the path to being a genuinely unique RPG I'd love to see fleshed out.

>Stuff like Emperor's New Groove, WALL-E, Up, and Princess and The Frog will never get in because they aren't popular enough.
>Stuff like Atlantis The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Meet The Robinsons, Dinosaur, Frankenweenie, and a Bug's Life will never get in due to B-List embargo.
>Stuff like Robin Hood, Rescuers, Black Cauldron, and Great Mouse Detective will never get in due to Dark Age embargo.
>Nomura will never have the balls to try and use stuff like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Black Hole, James and The Giant Peach, or even Hocus Pocus.
>Still no new Final Fantasy characters
>Oswald will never be in a KH game because Disney hates him.
>Kairi will continue getting shat on because Nomura hates anything with a vagina.
>The plot will become more and more covoluted with more throw away characters being shoved in.
>The villain of the next saga is going to get off scott-free due to having good intentions regardless of how much a sack of shit he is.

Those cartoon animals are aliens though

The Organization taking such a hands off approach was a mistake. Every one of them should have been defeated in a Disney world like Xaldin and then the Proof of Existence could have been a Megaman style boss rush.

>Nomura will never have the balls to try
You have to remember, it's up to Disney what movies he can and can't use. If they say "No", his hands are tied. It's part of why the Frozen and Tangled worlds were such garbage in III, because Disney wouldn't let him mess about with the stories very much.

I agree.

The biggest roadblock to a good Kingdom Hearts story is Disney itself.

The mouse can fuck off he can ditch them for OC faggots he has enough of them and all their clones to do it.

He can't, Disney owns the series.

Fuck it dropp it and expand the world ends with you universe.

This. If I knew what a shitshow this franchise would become 15 years ago, I wouldn’t have bothered buying a DS, PSP, and 3DS just to play KH

Did you not see what they shat out with Final Remix? I don't trust them not to ruin it like they did with KH.

Attached: 197-1977390_the-coco-twewy-final-remix-a-new-day.png (1036x708, 304K)

The series went downhill the exact moment pic related was conceived

Attached: C8009DA0-7C93-48B8-9D45-825783FDBAC4.png (543x1133, 249K)

CoM was great, fuck you.

What if SE decides "Fuck Kingdom Hearts" we'll make our own Kingdom Hearts like series that we FULLY own. Think something like World of Final Fantasy but better. And that's fully 100% owned by Square Enix. It even looks kind of like Kingdom Hearts (Nomura does the designs there).

Why in the actual fuck would they do that when Disney's name alone sells millions of copies?

Disney contrary to popular belief isn't that popular with gamers. Kingdom Heart's first games sold well as they utilized Disney Renaissance Films as the levels of the games. Licensed games also started to die around the PS2 gen which is why you rarely saw any of them.

Anyway Disney's name isn't a guarantee of millions of units sold in recent years. Tell me, would Kingdom Hearts be as big a deal if the first game started with the current string of films? You know like having Frozen as part of the levels of KH1? I don't think so. A lot of people don't like modern Disney and frankly the audience for Disney that likes shit like Frozen are little twats who are NOT gamers. And if modern Disney has no hook, then the series is going to start selling less and less. I for one believe the only true major hitter film that Disney has that they refuse to put into KH is The Incredibles and after that film is put into the series? Kingdom Hearts will have nothing majorly popular and powerful to draw in the fanbase. The fanbase for KH is filled with oldfags. You know people who grew up with the Renassance. They're not the little kids who grew up with their first Disney film being Frozen. And it's no secret that KH is very challenging for newcomers to get into. I don't see a future for Kingdom Hearts, not when new gamers care about Minecrast and Fortnight and not Kingdom Hearts while the aging fanbase will lose interest once Nu-Disney takes center stage.

no one gave a shit about Tron 1 and he used that

Attached: 1553522229062.gif (460x460, 304K)

So... original Kingdom Hearts?

>Disney contrary to popular belief isn't that popular with gamers
That's fine with them because those aren't the sheep that went out to by KH3 in droves. Half the retards who picked up 3 did so solely because of the hype surrounding it, that's why there's so many stupid people who don't understand a thing about the series.
>A lot of people don't like modern Disney
You're using personal bias and the echochamber that is Yea Forums as proof that the average simpleton doesn't just consume media because Disney tells them to.

>HE'S THE CHOSEN ONE TO WIELD THE KEYBLADE
He literally isn't. Riku was chosen to wield the keyblade. Since Riku fell to darkness, the Kingdom Key went to the closest alternative which was Sora. Sora then proved himself worthy to wield the keyblade in the end, but he wasn't the person chosen to wield it.

>THE keyblade
What? "THE" keyblade is the χblade.

>People here suck dick at video games
Unless you're playing a level 1-only critical mode run, Kingdom Hearts is piss easy.

I was building towards the point that" a lot of people don't like modern Disney" to tie into the gamers who buy KH games. KH fans again have a bias, they started with Disney Renaissance based games that made up the levels. These people are nostalgic for those films. They don't care about Tangled, Frozen, Moana, Zootopia, etc. These films have no pull with these OLD people. Not saying they cannot enjoy them, but they really aren't going to go MUH FROZEN I HAVE A REASON TO BUY THIS GAME BECAUSE FROZEN! In fact Nomura was surprised how much fans did NOT give a damn about Frozen and that was before the game as released (and after it was released Frozen was indeed the worst piece of shit level in KH3).

Now then combine old gamers who don't care for Disney's newer stuff and a wave of new gamers who feel very intimidated by how difficult KH is to get into? I don't see a solid future for Kingdom Hearts because again this franchise is NOT kind to newcomers.

I mean see here:

youtube.com/watch?v=EElFaj4ezUU

Do you see any young gamers there? No. It's oldfags, mostly OLD yaoi fujo twats.

The Master of Masters wasn't in CoM.

No, that's just a keyblade created during the war that unlocks Kingdom Hearts. The Kingdom Key that Sora uses and Kingdom Key D that Mickey uses are the keyblades of the realm of light and darkness respectively.

He does know hurt.

every keyblade is based on the original x-blade mom made them in its image

this. it's spelled out. over and over

his
friends
are
his
power

the disney rides are sora using his light element to do a version of reality shift. roxas uses his light to be sanic fast and deal insane damage, sora makes rides to go on with donald and goofy

Wasn't he?

Attached: look at this poorly compressed image.jpg (500x665, 26K)

he earned them. sora is a regular ass kid that proved he could do what other speshul fags couldn't.

no demyx wasnt in com, he first appared in 2 and he isnt mom he's (you)r friend from the dandelions, mog

Well then Nomura retconned something since BBS, again.

Dude we had a fucking direct to video movie as a world in DDD. Not being popular enough to be a world isn't a thing.

>And it introduced us to Sora's deviantart edgelord OC so that's fun.

And then in the secondary novel canon we find out old man Xehanort abandons him in the Keyblade Graveyard, returning every so often to physically beat the hell out of Vanitas (who is physically a teen and literally like 4 at this point) until he's crying from agonizing pain; until Vanitas eventually starts becoming so lonely and desperate that his pent up emotional rage causes him to literally vomit out Unversed, which he kills in confusion about what the fuck he's feeling, until he's so sick of life that Xehanort swoops in all "oh hey you want to stop being in agony 24/7?? help me make the KEEY blade." Then Vanitas says his only "light in his darkness" was the thought of merging with Ventus so his life didn't have to be a shit shit shittyshow all day long.

and then in KH3 Xehanort got to waltz into the sunset for Keyblade Heaven

what a champ

Attached: D19B6qDX0AABf80.jpg (934x1200, 70K)

oh wait I'm thinking of Days

Still... there's Mo(M)re to him that meets the eye, I say.

Remember, it's okay to stand around and do absolutely nothing while you rely on others to solve your problems for you.

Also you can be a genocidal and murderous sack of shit but you can avoid getting proper comeuppance if you say you had good intentions and surrender.

Sorry, after doing some digging I see now. The Kingdom Key is the keyblade of Destiny Island's heart so each world would assumedly have their own as well.

MoM is Sora's mom, you dumb dumb. Inside of the mystery box is Sora's dinner.

Attached: athpgolhtafy.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

The magic stuff he can do on his own, same way he could cast magic when the keyboard left, he just needed to learn how to cast it

And Vanitas just dies. Incredible.

It's both hilarious and somewhat sad how pathetic he was in 3 to the point of becoming basically comic relief.
Hell, all the members of the new Organization ended up turning into Xehanort's idiot henchmen.

Attached: 1551156356643.gif (500x233, 1.48M)

A reminder that KH3 is The Last Jedi of the series.
Hell, if you take into the account that Nomura is a Star Wars fan and look closely at KH3, you can tell it was Nomura's stealth way at trolling Disney for it.

No they're not, the kingdom key is just some random keyblade and the kingdom key D is just a keyblade that was born in the realm of darkness at the exact same time.

vanitas is sora and ventus's shadow the entire point of his closing monologue was him saying if you exist in light I exist in darkness

we already got last jedi luke years before in bbs when hammil tried to kill his padawan for no reason

I don't mind Vanitas not getting a soft emotional ending like arguably everyone but young Xehanort did, because I don't know that I'd like Vanitas any way but at his edgiest and shitlordiest, but the novel backstory just sort of cements why I hated old Xehanort getting his "lol hey best bud let's talk off together" ending.

Attached: keyblade heaven for you xehanort.jpg (1226x1920, 807K)

cuck

>your son is GONE dinner is GONE

>mfw Vanitas was actually scared of Sully

makes it kid of sad. Still hilarious, but.

Attached: eh.jpg (808x575, 61K)

Exactly. Nomura felt guilty for indirectly ruining Mark Hamill's most famous role so the part where his character in KH3 pops out of nowhere to escort his homicidal buddy was to honor him.
Too bad he did it in the most half-assed way.

Vanitas was always a jobber, though.

>loses to Aqua three times
>loses to Ven three times

novels arent canon

They're tertiary canon for the games. The novels were written by the story writers for the BBS game and included input from Nomura, who has including details from the novel canon in his own interviews since it was published. I don't know if he's specifically confirmed Vanitas' backstory since he's more preoccupied with Vanitas being a cat, though.

>DDD
Get rid of the fucking neopets, the awful timing of the drop system, and make the storyline less convoluted (which is saying something for KH), and maybe you'd have a point.
DDD is a strange beast, because a lot of it sucks. Like outright sucks. But then some of it is just so good.
>Best final boss gauntlet
>Freeflow shit was awesome
>FANTASIA
Seriously, the Fantasia world is 100% the best world in any KH game.

But overall, the story is weaker than the average KH game, and the pet system is super annoying, and cheesy - even by KH standards.

>BBS
Anyone who says it's not the best story of any of the games is a liar. Obviously it's a little bit repetitive at times, but it makes revisiting the worlds less annoying than any of the other games where you're forced to go back. And, more importantly, stuff ACTUALLY HAPPENS on the Disney worlds. In almost all the other games, the Disney worlds are 99% filler with just a little bit of plot tagged on.

Its also the only game where command deck system is actually good.

>Talking to cartoon animals is normal
>Using magic is unbelievable
This shit happened so much in KH3.
They show up to Frozen and Donald is like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT A TALKING SNOWMAN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?"

For one, you're a talking duck.
#2, you're literally a magician.
III - you're currently in the middle of a years-long battle with a man who transferred himself into a kid's body then grew up and split himself into two selves then time traveled and recruited his younger self to become the ultimate dark master of darkness.
FOUR - You've died before and then you came back.

Why is Donald so fucking stupid?

Even worse, he even used fucking Tron Legacy, as if people were begging for another Tron world.

I was, I fucking loved Legacy and am pissed it was wasted on DDD.

>use Tron Legacy
>Sora spends the whole world trying to turn Rinzler back into Tron
>he succeeds
>CLU sends Tron to the Shadow Realm and goes to retrieve him to turn him back into Rinzler
>Sora leaves without stopping this or killing CLU

God, I hate DDD.

>since he's more preoccupied with Vanitas being a cat, though.
What.....?

Oh sorry not literally! It's a dumb joke that went around because there's an Unversed symbol in the Ultimania guide next to some writing from a Scala ad Caelum poster which features a random black cat.

... in retrospect I guess it doesn't make much sense why people made the joke about Vanitas being a cat but, er.

You forgot #5.

Attached: Donald_Snowman.png (230x318, 78K)

>He totally could have just used a dark corridor to come straight back to the scare floor, but was so embarrassed he just left

>Anyone who says it's not the best story of any of the games is a liar
You're awful, Aqua.

hearts and light and stuff
what more do you need

That whole scene was retarded.

>"Terra, you're doing evil things in worlds and I've seen the evil things you've done even though literally only one person said you did something evil and I never saw any evidence."
>"Um, wtf, why are you spying on me even though I'm taking a remedial exam that I would obviously need to have my progress monitored on?"
>"Heh, looks like you sold out to the man, Aqua. Being a master has gone to your head. What kind of jerk actually listens to their mentor?"

A rockin cowboy hat

consider it done

Attached: keyblade-8.jpg (553x521, 39K)

Nice
Although man I disliked how cartoony the keyblades were in KH3. Were the ones in KH1 and KH2 like this? I can't remember.

Sora's fighting style is completely self taught. He gets results by bashing Xehanort's head in with the Keyblade or using it as a sword.

Everyone else treats it more like a bat, or a wand. Only the Lingering Will and Terra is stronger than him.

Sora literally beat the darkness out of Anti-Aqua with ease.

After playing KHIII, I'm convinced the biggest problem with BBS is that it takes Xehanort's side over Eraqus. The game paints old Man Xehanort as a guy who wanted to engineer an old war to see what happens, and Eraqus as bad for not understanding his vision. The problem is that Xehanort works better as a full fledged villain.

Xemnas works better as a complex and tragic villain torn between his lust for Aqua and duty to Xehanort.

>it takes Xehanort's side over Eraqus
Except it doesn't. It shows Eraqus's flaws, but ultimately Xehanort is still shown to be wrong

Most of the KH3 keyblades were fucking garbage. I ended up using the Herc and Frozen ones almost exclusively because they looked the best. And stats literally didn't matter in the game so it made no difference.

I used Herc, Rapunzel, Monster, and Toy Story the Most. Star Steeker was used for Range, and Pirates was easily the best one.

Only one I can think of is Decisive Pumpkin.

Which is worse?

DDD's pokemon?
or
KH3's attractions?

>All that build-up in the last few games about her finally getting her moment to shine a fight with Sora.
>Nope. Just gets abducted yet again and "killed" in order to force quite possibly one of the most insulting vidya endings in recent years.

And
>While all the useless fucks are running around after getting half-assed happy endings, it ;ooks like Sora and Kairi are FINALLY going to kiss.
>HAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU. He disappears again like in KH1's ending but this time completely mean-spirited.
I genuinely hope Nomura dies in a fire.

Attached: kh3.jpg (850x850, 246K)

Attractions. I had a sweet t-rex buddy and frog knight,as retarded as the rest were

kairi side game soon
surely

Attached: c4c15ec9a464983e66e3eac7a4880369.jpg (900x1359, 428K)

All his abilities are explained.

The keyblade chose him because it was initially meant to go to riku, but when riku opened his heart to darkness in the begining of Kingdom Hearts 1 it decides to go with the nearest good hearted thing it could find in their world that was slowly being destroyed (sora). Simple as that. It chose him because the other guy was a fuck up. When Riku taunted him about being the true keyblade master (Terra told him to keep it a secret when he bestowed the keyblades power on him) Sora's heart faultered at Hallow Bastion it went directly to Riku. When Sora confronted him without a weapon, Sora's courage and Riku's insecurity lead the keyblade back to Sora because it esssentially realized Riku was strong but incapable.

Sora's magic was taught to him by donald and then perfected by merlin.

All the summons were items you got that stored strong hearts from dying worlds. The Links in KH3 were just watys of summoning sora's strongest friends via the heartbinders you find.

All his physical abilities are soully attributed to his own self teaching. Thats why he's clunky in kh1 but progressively gets more fluid with his attacks as the games progessed.

His form chaged are 100% the magic of the fairies who made his clothes.

His ability to carry the hearts of others is the only unexplained power he has. But even then it's more than likely just a side effect of the same bond that allowed ventus to retreat into his heart to begin with.

Really sora's only frustratingly unexplainable ability is how he returned from the dead in KH1... but at a certain point I'd just call that "Disney Magic" and calll it a day.

>Sora lost his power no less than five fucking times, give or take
>Starts off KH3 supposedly the weakest he's ever been

>Still starts the game with flowmotion and wal running unlocked, plus actual combos instead of random smacks like in other games

Kingdom Hearts 3 made is so that, FINALLY, Sora actually LEARNED something that wasn't taken from him when he got nerfed back to lvl 1

>it takes Xehanort's side over Eraqus

Xehanort is literally the definition of evil asshole in every scene that he's in, except when he's buttering up Terra.

Causing a war between highly powered magical guardians just to see what happens later is not good

Too bad the next game seems to be DDD2 with Sora and Riku fucking around modern day Japan with some Chris Chan-eyed faggot.

>Atlantis The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Meet The Robinsons, Dinosaur, Frankenweenie, and a Bug's Life will never get in due to B-List embargo.
>Rescuers, and Great Mouse Detective
>Hocus Pocus
But user, those are garbage

>Hocus Pocus
>garbage

You go away now.

>Meet The Robinsons
>Bug's Life
>Great Mouse Detective
>Hocus Pocus
>Garbage
I agree that Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Dinosaur, a Bug's Life, Frankenween and the first Rescuers aren't really that good, but I'd still take them over a barely-interactive Frozen world anyday

Attached: dc2.gif (500x258, 746K)

>Atlantis
>Garbage

Get the fuck out ya cunt

Attached: Just fucking stop.jpg (244x207, 17K)

Fuck, I meant A Bug's Life is good.
Too bad it's not just B-List, but would involve world transformations.

I'd say attractions, at least Dream Eaters were like half the game worth of depth. Theres only like 5 measly attractions and only two are any fun.

>DDD
Yeah look at this amazing gameplay

Attached: images (4).jpg (439x699, 29K)

>he returned from the dead in KH1
You mean how Kairi pulled him back from the darkness with her Princess of Heart powers?

>when hammil tried to kill his padawan for no reason
Oh my god, BbS predicted TLJ all along

>Its also the only game where command deck system is actually good
You're mistyping Re: Coded
BBS sucks in that aspect because normal combos are worthless and most commands are shit, so you're better off spamming surges and mines to win

And because of it, Nomura felt bad he indirectly ruined one of fiction’s most beloved heroes, he decided to take it all out on KH3 as well as being kicked off VSXIII

Even Eraqus had a better reason to kill Ven than Luke did Kylo. Luke saw the future where he tried to kill Kylo and before thinking for three seconds and trying again without the intent to kill in his mind he goes and does it anyway. Ven was already being used by someone completely outside of his control. The only way Xehanort wasn't going to be able to use Ven was either if he just ran, which wasn't going to happen, or died and Eraqus made the wrong choice of killing him instead of just butt smashing Xehanort like he deserved.

He was still a delusional ass and barely helped anything.
Then again with Luke he was a cynical and cowardly ass.

So whose body is Namine made from?

BBS takes the protagonist's side. Xehanort is right about Eraqus, but he's still a monster.

Then KH3 says Eraqus was smart as fuck the whole time like he wasn't just an imbecile every time he was onscreen.

Pokemon. From what I can tell, you don't have to use attractions. Pokemon meanwhile grind the game to a halt so you can pet them in order to level them up enough for you to get your core skills.

Never. The dream is dead.

I hope she never gets a game. She's a shit character and I'm tired of the forced Gurl Powah shit movement trying to constantly force female characters to be everything they've never been. And Kairi had NO business pretending she could fight someone like Xemnas, that guy is one of the tougher villains of the series you retarded shit for brains. Even Nomura has stated in interviews about how powerful Xemnas is.

Anyway, Kairi doesn't deserve a game, she's not a popular character so her game would fail and frankly I don't want to waste Disney worlds on Kairi. She should have died and stayed dead. But Nomura the hack killed and revived her. Fucking idiot. Kairi is shit. She's so shit that not even porn artists care about her. Kill her off for good.

>lust for Aqua
wat

Go away Nomura. We know you hate Disney’s “females are better than males and get away with everything” policy but you don’t have to throw a tantrum about it.

More important question:
did Aqua rape Ven /ss/ style?

Attached: gotcha_by_star_charm-dbi24yh.jpg (868x920, 77K)

Yes, the keyblade lets you do all that and more, as long as your heart is strong enough.
Not exactly a weird concept.

>Back when KHII had just come out, Nomura said in an interview that a keyblade isn't something that you can just obtain suddenly out of nowhere, which is why Way to Dawn lookedl ike Soul Eater for Riku
>Come DDD and 2.8 keybaldes are literally just hanging around
>Come KH3 Mickey and Riku can literally just go up to Yen Sid and ask for new ones

Sasuga, Nomura you fucking idiot

Attached: Worst fucking trip.png (720x540, 599K)

Summoning, floating and gravity anipulation are all magic in nature. The Keyblade obviously allows Sora to tap into magic, but it's not the only way to do it in the universe. Merlin and Donald just taught Sora spells, and starting from KHII he also has magical clothes that give him super powers. Running up walls and jumpig buildings is that, plus overall anime bullshit because KH is still a japanese action RPG

Seriously, out of all the things wrong and convoluted with the series you're going to complain about this?

>At what point do we consider the Keyblade to be a narrative deus ex machina?
You mean it isn't?

Way to troll the thread user.

But the Master of Masters is best.

Level 1 x is just tedious. Yes you could do it but it takes forever.

>loses all his powers
>repeatedly emphasized that he lost ALL his powers and has to relearn them
>can suddenly summon Disney theme park rides with no explanation, something he never did before
>this isn't some new power his new magic clothing gives him, he starts doing this while still wearing his KH2 clothes
This bugged me more than it should.

Do you have the SLIGHTEST idea how little that narrows it down?

Post the worst part about attractions

>You're actually forced to use them to finish a major fight near the end of the game

Wait, which fight are you forced to use them? I know you're forced into Rage Mode during the final battle, but I don't remember the attractions being mandatory at any point.

There's a thousand heartless fight during Keyblade Graveyard that won't end unless you use the roller coaster ride to deal the final blow.

>Kairi's not a popular character

Because they never use her for anything other than getting kidnapped. Having a game where she's the protagonist might give her a chance to actually do something.

>Kairi doesn't deserve a game

You're literally complaining that Kairi doesn't deserve to have a game where she's developed into a full character because she hasn't been developed into a full character.

When will the series finally get some /ss/ action?

Attached: 54d.png (680x635, 384K)

Sora's, keep up.

He is Terra's body after all.

Well then whose body did Roxas form from?

Oh right, that one. I forget the coaster counts as an attraction because you can only use it in two fights.

Sora's, keep up.

But how?

Sora get gummipad

I thought he was Xehanort's body though.

Keyblade magic.

Okay, but why does Namine look like Kairi?

How the hell did you reach that conclusion when Xehanort's body burst into sparkles at the end of BBS?

Because her heart leaving Sora's body is what created Namine.

Because she came from Kairi's heart. The body doesn't actually matter as much as the heart when it comes to who the Nobody looks like.

Xion looked like Sora because she had his memories, and memories are connected to the heart in this case. She was supposed to be just a blank doll at first.

So who was his nobody, and why does Xemnas have white hair?
That doesn't explain how Namine and Roxas are both Sora's body, especially when he has a body after Kairi does whatever she did to his heartless.

>So who was his nobody, and why does Xemnas have white hair?
He doesn't have one, to create a Nobody your heart has to be lost to darkness, all he did was insert his heart into Terra's chest cavity. His original body just withered away into sparkles until it fused with his heart again after Ansem and Xemnas were defeated. Xemnas has white hair because Terra did after he got possessed.

>That doesn't explain how Namine and Roxas are both Sora's body

You're absolutely correct, it doesn't. By all accounts, only Roxas should have existed because the nobodies are the body left behind.

Namine was under the organization's control when she first appeared though, I guess you could make the case that they are responsable for it. But she can't be a replica, because she'd have no heart to go into it, at least at first. And she can't be Sora's body, because Roxas is Sora's body. So I think you'll have to ask Nomura.

Then again, Heartless spontaneously manifest bodies as well when you're strong enough like Ansem SoD, so I don't even fucking know.

Okay, but then why did Xemnas need to die for Old Xehanort to come back, and why didn't Terra come back when Xemnas died?
Well at least I'm right about SOMETHING in this thread.

She's a special case, literally a glitch in the universe, that's why people call her a witch instead of a Nobody. She was created from an impossible even, a "Princess of Heart" losing their body to darkness (technically it was Sora's body), thus the universe has a brain fart to try and reconcile this broken logic and thus Namine is created.

>Okay, but then why did Xemnas need to die for Old Xehanort to come back, and why didn't Terra come back when Xemnas died?

Terra's Heart was under Ansem's control this whole time, absolutely overpowered by Xehanort's heart. Terra's heart is Ansem's CUM GUARDIAN and it stays like that until the end of KH3

Ansem was still alive, partly, within Riku's heart for most of the series because of him posessing Riku during the first game, so it stands to reason that Terra's heart didn't stop SUBMITTING

this, remember the first encounter with riku in HB?
the scene sum it up the fact that sora was only there.

>but then why did Xemnas need to die for Old Xehanort to come back
Because his mind/soul was still in Xemnas, Ansem was just the heart.
>and why didn't Terra come back when Xemnas died
He did, the Terra's body reformed empty because his heart was still being held in the cum guardian. Young Xehanort took the heart of BBS Terranort from right before he first fought Lingering Will and plopped him in the present Terra's body.

Okay, and what's No Heart? The armor Xemnas had that moved on its own afterwards, if I wasn't clear.
Okay.
On an unrelated note, why does Xemnas have his own voice?

>what's No Heart
A non canon optional superboss. But if you want to get technical it and Armor of the Master are Xehanort and Eraqus' versions of Lingerin Will.

>why does Xemnas have his own voice
Why do Roxas and Namine? Because they're Nobodies created from two separate people.

>Okay, and what's No Heart? The armor Xemnas had that moved on its own afterwards, if I wasn't clear.

Optional Bosses aren't canon, I believe. Looks like the armor that Xemnas turned into during his boss fight.

He had his own voice because Ansem had literally the coolest lines and greatest voice out of any of the villains in every kingdom hearts game, and only he was allowed to be that cool so they gave Xemnas a boring as fuck voice instead.

Okay. Why does getting hit by a swarm of heartless destroy Mickey's shirt and give Riku a new haircut?

Darkness within darkness or some shit like that

They wanted Mickey's appearance to be the same as his at the end of KHI, and literally just wanted to redesign Riku a little and that was an easy way to do it.

Attached: Ansem SoD.png (616x800, 401K)

>Why does getting hit by a swarm of heartless destroy Mickey's shirt
Because it was some of those darkness protecting clothes from Yen Sid and the fairies, he took a direct hit from a demon tide but the darkness eroded his shirt, which he then got another of before finding Riku in Castle Oblivion.
>and give Riku a new haircut?
docs.google.com/document/d/11d1TKd4ZKZd41pJKQ77bKz4YxJx8_Mojz2KMpNvTrvU/preview?fbclid=IwAR0sUfxBEriVetl208U-Q9A78YOV1iPSLA5Pwa-XRVOMgE6wJQt9j5m6iK4
Page 40.

Namine or Xion

Attached: tumblr_inline_oeyeyzFhJx1tqckrv_500.jpg (500x367, 38K)

Namine, not even remotely a contest.

Attached: a26427138ee8ed250738a12f582dbad7.jpg (735x559, 283K)

why not both

Namine is the MVP and contributed much more

Also Blondes > brunettes

Because Xion is trash.

larxene

there both just reskins of the same person

Okay, why does everyone need cards in Castle Oblivion? I know Marluxia said it was just something the castle does, but he also said that memory loss was part of the castle, and then it turns out that was actually just Namine using her powers.
I can't go through that whole thing, I just looked for parts mentioning hair, so while I get that it's somehow his hair from dreaming, I don't get how he got it, so can you just explain that?
One of them makes people forget things, but I don't know who the other one is though.

>while I get that it's somehow his hair from dreaming, I don't get how he got it
You know that part where he's floating in darkness after getting hit by the tower and Repliku asks if he wants help? He dropped into the realm of sleep in that last second where his lungs give out and wakes up on the beach with his DDD hair.

And? It's her character that's trash, also the generic black cloak of darkness doesn't do her "design" any favors either.

That's exactly it. Castle Oblivion will force you to use only cards and will fuck with your memory, because it's supposed to be an emergency shutdown of the Land of Departure. But it's not as bad by itself; the nobodies were able to just sit around and do research in there without losing everything. It probably just condenses your memories into cards and is just a huge bitch to navigate, which is why nobody could ever find the Chamber of Waking.

Namine added in the mix, though, makes it a pretty dangerous place and that's why Sora had his memories so fucked with. She made fake memories and implanted them into Sora, while Castle oblivion itself will at most put your memories into cards and/or ake you lose some. And as you lose memories inside the castle, people outside also start to forget you, which is the whole catch of the castle so you better be careful with those damn cards. However, It doesn't add anything new to the mix in the way Naminé did, which fucked everything up until she could put Sora's memories back together the hard way

I haven't actually played or watched the game, so I don't know much about what happens aside from a few things like every Xehanort except Young Xehanort and Terranort go down gracefully I just know his hair changed after the demon tower hit him.
I thought Namine was literally the only reason Sora's memory got fucked with, that's why Riku didn't forget stuff in his story.

Riku was still forced to use cards, so his memories were made into cards all the same. He seemingly just didn't lose any of them and regained them all.

Riku's story mode is also much more barren than Sora's, since he spent most of KH1 either posessed or being a dick hanging out with Maleficent. Ansem mentions it near the end, so it stands to reason that Riku had less stuff to keep track of and had an easier time. Coupled with Namine not really targetting him for any memory fuckery, Mickey himself protecting him, and DARKNESS, it makes sense that Riku could navigate CO mostly unscathed.

>riku is out of the picture
>namine is lonely
>roxas is still around
What did Nomura mean by this?

Attached: 51b8750bde0de141070056d1_5473f367460b991107168d1a_320.jpg (320x278, 44K)

Okay.
Why were there Final Fantasy X characters on the island in the first game and Chain of Memories? I can handle the other Final Fantasy characters in other worlds, but why are three just hanging out with Sora before shit goes down?

Attached: TheTaleOfRoxasFather.png (4414x4358, 3.49M)

Really, is there any way to save the series now after the fuckfest that was KH3?

I guess they just lived there from the start in-universe. Sure seemed like they were childhood friends with Sora, Riku and Kairi. Why would Vivi just be hanging out in Twilight Town with Seifer? They're not too important so they can be wherever

Even in the first game, before more than one Keyblade existed, he was explicitly NOT the Chosen one. Riku was.

Attached: 1522663095940.jpg (1280x716, 126K)

Okay, but wasn't one of them not real in his own game?

I'm more excited for what's next than I ever have been before. x's story is so good and I'm so happy it's the main thrust of the next chapter

Go back to /khg/ shitposter

Dunno man, now you're just asking things that don't really matter/ None of them are given any explanation aside "they just live there" in any of the games

The KH versions of FF characters aren't the versions from their respective games, they're just alt universe cameos.

Okay, and why does Cloud look like he did the fusion dance with Vincent in the first game and switch to his Advent children clothes in 2, and why is his sword wrapped in bandages?

Again,

>The KH versions of FF characters aren't the versions from their respective games, they're just alt universe cameos.

That's also the reason why Sephirot somehow represents his darkness or some shit like that when that's not their relationship in the game.

What are his powers again?

Attached: 25863053-fujoposter.png (1256x2260, 692K)

Everyone has to use cards, but the memory fuckery was specific to Sora and his buddies because Namine was rewriting them, which is why he needed a years worth of repair. And the forgotten part persisted even after Diz Riku and Namine take him out of the Castle and move him to Twilight Town, so it wasn't the castle causing that.

Riku didn't have Namine messing with his head so once he cleared the castle he was good to go.

Which ruined KH3 the most for you;
-Sora getting a fucking iphone complete with hashtags and selfies.
-Let It Go cutscene
-Kairi's "death"
-Xehanort getting off almost completely scott-free
-Ending that pretty much punches you in the face for not liking the handheld games and demands you play the next ones

The iPhone was great. The rest of that was terrible.

He's more flexible than Elastigirl. Seriously he transforms to blend into worlds. That makes him flexible.

Xehanort getting off scott free and the ending. I don't give a shit about Kairi, the gummiphone was pretty much a footnote, Let it go was unecessary but all of the frozen world was a shitshow so hey.

But FUCK what they did to Xehanort at the end. He's not nor was he ever some fucking misguided good guy trying to wipe away the darkness, that man was fucking EVIL AS SHIT, irredeemably so and I don't give a fuck how uch mansex he and Eraqus had in their youth, nothing about the shit he was spouting had anything to do with how he acted in other games.

Xehanort should have been blasted just like Ansem was at the end of the first game, because he's a fucker of pure darkness and Kingdom Hearts is LIGHT!

We'll see how you feel in a few years when Nomura gets bored of his furry faggots and throws them to the wayside to make way for his new, more epic villain.

Attached: I have a new villain now.jpg (1473x1079, 704K)

Okay, I get that. But why put bandages on sword?
Also, who else thinks Cloud in KH1 is the reason he's an emo in everything after the original game, where he was very much NOT emo at all? Because personally I think that's the reason, but I'd like to know if anybody else agrees or disagrees with that
Having many people inside of him.
>You've got a friend in me
>He's got a friend in him
>There are several friends in Sora
And Woody isn't skeptical about Sora not being A! TOOOOOOOOOY! but Buzz is, so that's kinda funny too.
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but that still doesn't explain why people need cards.
Would cards from outside gain any powers in there, or would they still just be normal cards, unless the specific cards were already special beforehand like Luxord's cards?

>why does Cloud look like he did the fusion dance with Vincent in the first game
Because Nomura wanted Vincent but Square forced him to use Cloud.
>and switch to his Advent children clothes in 2
Because advertising.
>and why is his sword wrapped in bandages?
Rule of cool.

>a dick that small
>with his shoe size
Lol, no, Kairi gets her fucking womb destroyed every night. Or at least she will once Sora gets out of fucking Shibuya.

>Throughout the series, the various Disney villains meet their respective, if not at times brutal, comeuppances for the pettiest atrocities.
>Even fucking Lady Tremaine is blown to bits in BBS.
>Meanwhile the main villain who, unless you count the Heartless, quite possibly has the highest killcount of any villain from the company gets to happily fuck off to the afterlife with his butt-buddy as teenagers.
I'm pretty sure Walt Disney would rise from his grave and burn Nomura's house down.

Honestly at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if MoM rapes her in KH4, on screen or off, but he manages to also recieve zero comeuppance.

Okay, I suppose that's fair.
Also, how did Xehanort decide he needed 7 shards of light and 13 shards of darkness, or that he could just get 7 and 13 people and use them as shards?
>gives his students a book that says one of them is a traitor
>there is no traitor
>doesn't entertain the idea of preventing the Keyblade War, just casually dismisses the notion it can be averted
Yeah, he was kind of a dick.

Hold it right the fuck there you degenerate

Attached: zetta delet.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

I SAID STOP IT

Attached: Zetta.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>how did Xehanort decide he needed 7 shards of light and 13 shards of darkness
Because it was in the legend, he only tried using Ven and Vanitas as a shortcut.
>or that he could just get 7 and 13 people and use them as shards
Because Nomura got lazy, notice how Sora's the only one who seems to be making those keys every time he kills an Org member? The other 6 lights were completely pointless.

>dies
>gets off scott free
What?

>Xehanort should have been blasted just like Ansem was at the end of the first game.
Unfortunately "death" doesn't truly exist in the KH universe.

Still bullshit seeing there are other ways he could've met his demise like being dragged by Heartless through a giant keyhole or something that then closes up. Basically how Dr. Facilier went out in Princess and The Frog

Fuck off, going to Heart Heaven with a smile on his face hugging his buttbuddy after daring to turn to Sora and say "good job kid" after all the shit that he did do not fucking count.

heart heaven is the only place hearts can go though its where all hearts return

He gave up user, admitted defeat. It was a good ending, how many bad guys admit when they're wrong?

Okay. And what were they supposed to do with the light balls in the Mark of Mastery test? They weren't moving or attacking until Xehanort added some darkness, which wasn't something Eraqus planned. And considering his attitude towards darkness, why didn't Eraqus question Xehanort using darkness to do that either, he seems to be in the mindset of "Don't use darkness, it's bad" more than anything, so what gives? And it didn't take too long for him to be convinced Xehanort was trying to start another Keyblade War and get the x Blade and then nearly kill Ventus.
HENGUS BUNGER, YOU'RE SIX FEET UNDER!

I'm just glad my nigga roxas got his gf back and got to go to the beach with his friends and his gf and his older brother and his brother's bf.

>admit when they're wrong
Did he though? He just sort of chuckled like "ha, you remind me of that cheating faggot Eraqus, OH SHIT ERAQUS YOU'RE ALIVE SORT OF" and then decided he'd rather go have gay heart sex than rule the reset universe at the last second.

Yes, he wouldn't have given up if he hadn't.

reminder that namine looks like that because she looks like ava who's heart was in kairi like how ven's heart was in sora. ava is now free after kairi died and came back and she will join her furry family and luxu to bring her dad MoM back

>why didn't Eraqus question Xehanort using darkness to do that either
He thought it was Terra's darkness, and he believed that if Terra did it it was surely accidental so he just failed him and gave him a second chance instead.

By that logic if Infinity War 2 ends with Thanos giving the gauntlet and gems to the Avengers and then proceeds to happily fuck off to a better place despite all the awful shit he did, it'd be the perfect ending.

would brain be proud of his descendant or upset at how he squandered the legacy he killed lauriums little sis and betrayed all his friends for

Isn't that what happens in the comic?

Attached: Avengers-Infinity-War-Easter-Egg-Thanos-Ending.jpg (738x369, 88K)

Nothing is going to save that film, even a kino ending like that.

just wait for the kh3 manga to save the trainwreck of a story.

Well that's fucked up

But Namine looks like Kairi, there's no need to explain the way she looks with another character who we don't even know what she looks like because she has a mask and a hood covering her face and hair.

But he didn't admit anything, he just realized his body was failing him because he was a fucking retard and didn't let Terranort wield the X-blade like his whole fucking plan in BBS was supposed to lead to.

>Murders a teenage girl in front of her boyfriend and doesn't even tell him how to rescue her as he happily fucks off to the afterlife with his buttbuddy.
>Later while all the useless fucks are celebrating doing nothing, said girl is all alone on the beach.
You have to be a real dense motherfucker to not realize just how fucked up KH3's ending was.

and roxas looks like sora till ven was introduced. its pottery to have a dandelion leader in sora's body and a foreteller in kairi's body

And Roxas looked like Sora except his hair, guess what Nomura did with that? It rhymes with fetlon.

How's the manga gonna even going to reference BBS and DDD?
Also it's going to take a FUCKLOAD of work to fix 3's storyline.

>>Later while all the useless fucks are celebrating doing nothing, said girl is all alone on the beach.
they didnt appear on the beach till the last minute and then sora disapeared the others just knew they were coming back not that sora was gonna fade

that was the plan but when he was recompleted he was recompleted to factory setting and he got his body back and terra was back in his 18 yo body. so xehanort brought terranort's heart from the past to posesess his future/past body

all they need to do is just say bad shit went down 10 years ago and we need to save them, and just skip ddd.

also the 3 manga needs cute xion and kairi and aqua moments

>You're mistyping Re: Coded
Shit, I never actually played that one. Just watched the "movie" and hated it. Is it actually good?

But Ventus and Roxas looking the same is an actual explanation for Roxas not having the same hair as Sora
Yeah, and there's nothing to question about how Namine looks because she looks like Kairi with blond hair and a difference in hairstyle that is much less than the difference between Sora and Roxas.

>it made me feel sad so it was bad
Fuck off IGN, don't you have another episode of Doom Patrol to be bitching about?

>Is it actually good?
no it isnt

Did they not do manga for the side games?

Only Days

they did for com and days and then the artist went and finally finished 2 and said they were done. but now they said they will do a 3 manga

>KH3 made me feel sad.
Wrong. I literally wanted to punch my fist through a wall and fly to Japan so I could kill Nomura in his sleep.

Hell, KH1 had a similar ending, but at least that one was optimistic (Kairi knows Sora loves her, Sora is going to happily continue searching for Riku and Mickey.) and not completely cynical.

Reminder that coded only exists because Nomura got drunk and came up with it.
>inb4 there are no "side games"

>is much less than the difference between Sora and Roxas.
It isn't, Xemnas even tells Roxas straight up he looks almost exactly like Sora. Nomura tossed this Ven shit in to add nonsense to something that already made sense.

But we knew this was gonna happen. young xehanort kept saying hey retard this is gonna cost you and you cant get out of this. this ended happily for everyone but kairi and even then sora has the wildcard

>inb4 there are no "side games"
Thanks to KH3, there really aren't. BBS is literally mandatory to understand the game. CoM was already basically 1.5. Even fucking KHX is crucial to the final act.
I'd argue that Days and Coded are the only ones you can skip, but even those are referenced a lot.

Did anyone like any of the mini games in Kingdom Hearts 3?

They're making a BBS manga too now, so there's that.

>mfw Xehanort gets his sparkly gay ending even in the manga

It'll hurt. It'll hurt so bad. At least we'll get manga Woody.

The sled was fun just going for a high score, looking for the treasures is pure concentrated cancer.

>Days
>skipable
Kek, good one. Even coded is important because that's where Sora learns Roxas is in his heart

What? Source that shit right now you nigger

It definitely could have been better explained. Why the fuck did neither Yen Sid nor Mickey even warn Sora that the power of waking could lead to that? They were forcing him away from the plot the entire game for the express purpose of learning it, and then when he finally uses it that edgelord faggot chimes in with "ur ded, kiddo" and we're just supposed to accept that?

Well with that you can at least argue he MIGHT have had it in mind since there was a trailer for Birth by Sleep in 2.
Yeah, I'm not sure if Coded is important at all since Riku essentially gets the message from the Data-Ansem in Sora's dream at the end of Dream Drop Distance. Aside from the bugs, is there anything from that game that shows up later?
And Days explains who this black haired Kairi that shows up is and why Riku looked like heartless Ansem even though he was less possessed than he was in the first game where he didn't look like Ansem.
So yeah, Data-Sora's game seems to be the only one that isn't important, so if you only played 1 and 2 before 3, you're fucked when it comes to understanding what's going on.
Again, Riku gets the message and renders the game pointless aside from giving an explanation for the note at the end of 2, which could be solved by skipping coded and instead tying it in more with the 3ds plot than it was already.

Wait I'm wrong! I'm sorry! I got the KH3 manga announcement confused with the announcement of the BBS light novel translation since it said the cover art was by the manga artist. I'm dumb and sorry.

>Even coded is important because that's where Sora learns Roxas is in his heart
I'm still unclear about that, did Sora absorb Data Sora's memories or something between 2 and DDD?

because satan he was misusing it. the power of waking is being able to use hearts connected to yours to travel to them like how sora went to olympus but using it to force worlds to revive hearts is a nono

also yen sid is an even worse teacher than eraqus

Maybe the manga will try to make seem more sympathetic before the KG? Like maybe Kairi "dies" taking a bullet for Sora.

I think the novels are better than the manga, story-wise. The manga is better character-wise, at least with Kairi, but it can get too jokey at times.

>hit ball to pass test

>the power of waking is being able to use hearts connected to yours to travel to them
Yeah, I'm calling mistranslation on that. Yen Sid calls it the power to wake sleeping hearts in DDD, so if you wanna explain it as him using too much power and "waking" the hearts from death then yeah I'll buy that. But all that nonsense YX was spewing about traversing hearts and worlds is retarded and makes no fucking sense when added up with prior information.

>no questions asked.
user. The questions asked are the best part of the start of the original

So why do the laser swords Xemnas uses act more like clubs than actual blades?

Why not?

What do you mean?

test

I just don't have an answer...

Terra having darkness was in the second part, where he fights Aqua, not the first part with the light balls, watch the cutscene again.

>THE keyblade
So did Terra before he pulled a Darth Vader.
Then it was given to Riku, but because Riku found the idea of darkness sexy it shrugged and moved on to Sora because he was the only person left in the world.

He was never the Chosen one. Even in KH1 the Key was meant for Riku.

There's nothing really to explain seemingly anyone can learn magic with training.

I mean it is Disney and was at the highest rated Teen I think, or just E10+, but really why doesn't the Fire Nation burn people.

I mean, keyblades can cut and the only one I can think of that looks sharp is the one Xehanort wants.

It was actually supposed to be Titan only cause I believe they found it OP but had already put it in a trailer, but Yasuie thought "It looks too cool to only show up once" so they put it at the end of a battle.

Yes. KHFM ruined everything.

So are you actually and if so, explain who pic related is.

That's Xemnas. I was speaking about the black coats in general because it paved the way for stupid Organization 13 bullshit.

It also paved the way for hooded non-characters to show up at any point in the story, taunt Sora, and then for Nomura to retcon that hooded figure as somebody important.

Okay, because I couldn't tell if you were talking about a specific character or not originally.

>he was chosen
>none of the THREE OTHER KEYBLADE USERS IN HIM WERE OF ANY HELP WHATSOEVER.

>Also, turns out he WASN'T chosen, that was Rikku.

Honestly the Attraction Commands should’ve been limited around boss fights. They wouldn’t wear out their welcome and you still have you special Keyblade forms for the regular battles.

Kairi is literally the second most popular female she only ever loses to Aqua on the polls and one time Xion when Days first came out.

>magic and physical attributes
I definitely get the sense that the Keyblade at least gives you a leg up in those areas. I remember Braig saying something like "Never mess with a Keyblade wielder" in BBS, and other mages in the series seem to have studied for years to get to where Sora and especially Aqua are.

The problem isn't that Kairi is a damsel in distress, it's that a solid chunk of screentime was devoted to her learning to fight which never paid off.

I just sort of figure KH characters can take a lot of punishment. Sora's big DUAL WIELD combo on Xemnas at the end of KH2's final battle doesn't cut him to ribbons, even though we know that the Keyblade can slice through anything up to and including skyscrapers.

Riku was the chosen one, he was just the backup. He could only get the keyblade because the other people insode him helped him

Yeah, but it almost always seems like Xemnas is only using them for bludgeoning.

A green lantern ring can literally do all that and more.

In KHII Riku just casually handed one to Kairi. Shit was off the rails even then.

I can at least buy that Yen Sid of all people would have keyblades. He's the one guy confirmed to be passing his keyblade back and forth and can transfer ownership.

Even then Mickey didn't get a second keyblade. It was his usual one repaired and painted over.

Xion. In the ending you can see Namine is still physically like 12 and visibly shorter and flatter. Xion however has actually gone through puberty.

High level keyblade masters can create or rewrite whole worlds. That's why Eraqus and Yen Sid live in neat custom fortresses: They built or rebuilt those places from scratch with just the keyblade. And Aqua sealed away one of them and totally rebuilt the building and re-rebuilt it again with just the keyblade.

The keyblade has a shit ton of powers Sora has literally never used and specific keyblades have powers beyond that.

Well, I think that's just a case of the people designing the cutscenes in a JRPG not knowing what the fuck swordsmanship looks like. Hell, Sora's most common fighting stance looks more like he's playing baseball or tennis.

>He hasn't beaten KH2 on lvl1

Actually the land of departure is an ancient bastion that sits on the border of the realms of light and darkness. Eraqus was tasked with watching over it by his master.

>kingdom keyblade gets passed down to Riku
>Riku SUBMITS to darkness
>"nah fuck that shit" - kingdom key
>hey this Sora kids alright I'll stick with him
Sora is and always will be a total bro that's why everyone makes friends with him even weapons