“For years, the second one came out in [2008]...

>“For years, the second one came out in [2008], and during that time the idea of a third would’ve been very very exciting. It was up to Guillermo and he ultimately decided that this was behind him. He was onto other things. So we were able to get a hold of the rights. A third without Guillermo was unthinkable and without Ron was unthinkable so you have over 20 years worth of stories and dozens of characters and it just felt like there was so much more of the Hellboy, Mignola-verse to explore. So we talked about it and faced with no opportunity to do a third, the only opportunity was to reboot.”

The producer of Hellboy is literally doing press to tell lies about rebooting without GDT. Just like they lied about it being more comic faithful.

How much trouble is this movie in?

Attached: Untitled.png (697x458, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfywire/guillermo_del_tor_explain
youtube.com/watch?v=cLs6XUzWcH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does everything about this movie come off like damage control?

A lot, I went to a singing with Harbour and said "I'm excited to see how the film turns out" (lying just to be nice) and he said "don't keep your hopes up".

>so you have over 20 years worth of stories and dozens of characters and it just felt like there was so much more of the Hellboy, Mignola-verse to explore
So you just use the same fucking story of the first movie all over again but this time hellboy looks like an elder, the cgi is shit and the tone is lol so randum

Yea my uncle works for Mignola and Mignola told him the movie's really gay and then he fired him and refuses to pay him royalties

>How much trouble is this movie in?
Tons.

It was up to Guillermo and he ultimately decided that this was behind him. He was onto other things. So we were able to get a hold of the rights
YEAH, OKAY

syfy.com/syfywire/guillermo_del_tor_explain
"I would love to do it," continued del Toro. "But the heartbreak for me is that I know how it ends and I don't know if I want to see that ending. But I would love to do it."

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 123K)

Because you have a hate boner.

People seem more upset about hellboy without toro then they were about pacific rim.

Jesus, the comics are almost three decades old. If they wanna make a new hellboy movie then let them. I don't care if it's shit in a handbasket, stop acting like a entire comic franchise begins and ends with a good movie and an mediocre sequel from 15 years ago

Where's the lie? (genuinely asking)

No, you don't understand! Hellboy only had one shit in all the time humanity has left to be adapted to film. If Del Toro isn't back, it can't possibly continue. We must be butthurt forever and blame it on whoever takes over the next iteration. Boohoo, come back Del Torooooo

*one shot

Being a reboot is the least of this movie's problems.

When do reviews for this come out?

You're deliberately missing the point. Of course they could reboot and make a great movie without Del Toro. The point is that they forced him out and replaced him with a pale imitation of his style and then lied about it being more comic accurate and now they're lying about forcing him out. The point is that there has been no good news about this movie, only lies and damage control.

i just want a good movie my dude
i was more bummed about no perlman than no del toro, then watching the trailer i realized del toro managed to capture the tone of the comics a lot better and now im bummed about no del toro
just fucking hire someone who can do the comics justice instead of trying to appeal to the MCU crowd

>deliberately missing the point
Sure, but fuck it
>forced
He wasn't forced out. He couldn't agree with the studio how to make the next movie, and voluntarily left. He wasn't contracted to stay forever. Was Raimi forced out of Spider-Man 4? No, he also had disagreements with the studio.
While the style of comedy's a little different the Del Toro movies were not subdued, overly serious, or even that dark when it came to fantasy or horror elements, apart from that one scene. Faggots would be bitching now that it's too similar to an MCU movie

And they are not likely to make more money with a reboot than with letting Del Toro finish the trilogy.

Remember when it got delayed like 5 times and they refused to show any footage?

I saw some clips and I think the guy is playing Hellboy well, and I laughed at a joke
Still seems to be a dumpster fire

>being more comic faithful.
It is.

More than Deo Toro's art least.

it adapts more of the story but does it completely wrong

.... you don't read Hellboy, huh?

>same fucking story of the first movie
Its based on The Wild Hunt user, not Seed of Destruction.

Because its a movie duh

Did you conplained about Del Toro being all wrong? Its still more accurate.

The story is based on a comic where hellboy goes on a killing spree and can't help himself. He laments afterwards and questions his future/morality. It's probably one of the darkest plot points. The story wasn't very funny, just kind of dry and grim.

This part of the film in the trailers looks pretty comedic, so that's pretty sad. I'm looking forward to seeing the fun creatures and some action, though. I think it looks pretty good.

I gave up on hellboy 3 almost a decade ago. Just like I gave up on silent hills or the original pacific rim 2, or THE MANY toro related projects that have been announced and canceled over the years.

The difference here is hellboy is a 25 year old franchise, if this movie is shit then they can make another one one day. People seem to be acting like hellboy begins and ends with toro, and if they're not getting hellboy 3 then they should never be another hellboy movie ever.

At least they're not doing pacific rim style where they just make hellboy 3 without him.

>if this movie is shit then they can make another one one day
yeah, "one day"
i doubt theyll be rebooting it again if this one fails so we have to wait about 10 years for another shot (which could very well be another fuck up)

If this movie flops there won't be another Hellboy movie, just like there isn't going to be another Shadow movie or Phantom movie. Ever.

EVER

And that's a good thing. Fuck movies butchering good comics to appeal to wider (normie) audiences.

Del Toro and Perlman always wanted to make Hellboy 3, but the studio didn't want to finance it after The Golden Army flopped.

I hope Hollywood tries again with Hellboy after Mignola dies because I'm increasingly convinced that he's the problem.

>Comparing Hellboy to Shadow and Phantom.
The latter two are oldass pulp IPs (techically, Shadow started on radio iirc) that are harder to market and push to executives than Hellboy. Hellboy could easily get a soft reboot maybe five, six years down the line if this is garbo.

And? Does the world REALLY needs 4 hellboy movies. I own all the lobster johnson comics, my enjoyment of the franchise doesn't revolve around a 15 year old movie. In fact, I've never seen the golden army, I heard it wasn't all that good and never felt like checking it out. If this movie is shit I'll also not see it.

After 11 years the fact people still believed there was a chance at hellboy 3 is astonishing to me. I gave up in 2012.

lol no, it's not. There will NEVER be another Blade move. A Catwoman movie? Ha! Good luck! Don't even get me started on Ghost Rider! Yeesh!

NO DICK TRACY EITHER. SHIT IS OVER. FUCK

At this point I agree with you. I want capeshit to die so I can have my comics back

Attached: kronos.jpg (1988x3056, 3.73M)

This is a cape comic. Do you mean cape movies? I can agree that shit like this is probably never gonna happen tbf

Capeshit has always meant movies

>opening a week before Endgame
Yeah its dead

Because execs saw how badly Pacific Rim 2 did compared to the one directed by Del Toro?

>Silent Hills
It still hurts, man. At least PT will always be great.

Golden Army was way better than the first film.

Was there ever a statement released on why it isn't animated? Into the spiderverse just made me want Hellboy filmed into a similar style.

There will NEVER be another Mask movie! NEVER! Green Lantern? Oh, the HUMANITY! Sin City?!? The Spirit?!? Jonah Hex!

FUCK NO JUDGE DREDD EVER AGAIN? WHERE IS GOD

Because it totally is

I'm still so fucking mad. The sequel had nothing that gave the original it's charm.

I never even saw the trailer it yelled that clearly everything was going to be awful. I will forever be mad.

Attached: 1431046074250.png (446x390, 275K)

>People seem to be acting like hellboy begins and ends with toro, and if they're not getting hellboy 3 then they should never be another hellboy movie ever

I’m not seeing the same thing. People just point out that they decided to reboot Hellboy into what seems like the same Del Toro style except without a lot of the charm or craftsmanship. Plus it doesn’t look like the movie will do well anyway, at least if they did Hellboy 3, it probably wouldn’t have been a huge hit but at least we’d get to see what Del Toro planned for his take on the character.

And I’m speaking for myself, but I know there are plenty of people like me who got introduced to the comics through the movies, at this point you can’t really separate the impact that the movies had. Your comment like talking about Superman and complaining that the Richard Donner films still get brought up in conversation

>you have over 20 years worth of stories and dozens of characters and it just felt like there was so much more of the Hellboy, Mignola-verse to explore
>and get completely wrong
ftfy

Attached: hellboy 1494345395113.jpg (1036x1037, 164K)

Did he also say that Millie smells like strawberries? And that Ridley is confirmed for the next smash?

>at least if they did Hellboy 3, it probably wouldn’t have been a huge hit but at least we’d get to see what Del Toro planned for his take on the character

Again, I accepted there's 0% chance of this years ago.

I haven't seen any trailer for this movie, or even a single superman movie that wasn't returns (never been interested in a superman movie). Ever since this movies announcement I've seen constant complaining about the lack of toro as if there's a hard rule that he has to be involved in it's making.

If it 5 or so years after golden army? Then yeah, complain all you want about del toro till ya bleed. I'd agree at that point. But after 11 years? Ron is 68 years old, he'd be 70 by the time the movie would be released if it started production right now. At some point you kinda have to let go. The plot would probably have to be about hellboy's kids just to work.

>He was onto other things.

nigga what

>But the heartbreak for me is that I know how it ends and I don't know if I want to see that ending.

This unironically would have been a better ending than the one we are getting in the comics.

I'm glad Abe and Liz aren't in it so they can't fuck them up. They are too good for this.

Attached: hb screw.jpg (693x555, 151K)

Last night I had a dream that I went to a screening of Pacific Rim 2 where Boyega was there. I either asked him or asked a friend why on Earth they would reject so many things Del Toro got right from the first one.

I never did actually see Pacific Rim 2, I did avoid it for those very reasons.

And while Del Toro's Hellboy films missed the mark from the books in many ways, it was still in the ballpark. Only now do I realize how much he must have fought the studio to bring it closer to the book. This new one looks fifty times more off from the books than Del Toro's.

Attached: hellboy lion 9625645.jpg (936x398, 189K)

I don't think Hellboy is a capeshit comic at all.
The movies keep trying to be capeshit, especially this new garbage. Hellboy is not a sueprhero. He's a pulp horror hero. Maybe some pulp adventure too.

Attached: Hellboy first-20-yearsa.jpg (600x879, 269K)

GET IN THE CAR

God I'm old.

Absolutely.

Attached: HBsciencesvmagic.jpg (1000x925, 261K)

The distinction is monumentally unimportant

> refuses to pay him royalties

Your Uncle is Guy Davis?

>stop acting like a entire comic franchise begins and ends with a good movie and an mediocre sequel from 15 years ago

Well, the comic stopped being good about five years ago.

I'm just glad this version is more closer to mignola's vision and bring a new charm that del toro couldn't muster

>and bring a new charm

lol

Attached: elrond.jpg (492x388, 39K)

It has better CGI and it is more comic accurate

>It has better CGI
It really doesn't, it looks cheap and the prosthetics are garbage.

>it is more comic accurate
You don't even know that yet.

You had a great bait post user, don't ruin it.

I actually liked it about as much as the first one. I feel like the two of them together equal a movie I actually love. But it also suggested that the Pacific Rim I truly wanted all along was an ongoing television series.

I didn't like Hellboy 2 very much. I don't care that 3 isn't getting made. But this new movie looks like garbage. Like Pacific Rim I think the best possible version of the HB universe is probably an ongoing television series of some kind.

>literally every HB line is a quip

youtube.com/watch?v=cLs6XUzWcH4

Stop making shit up.

>Sin City
Didn't they adapt most of the good stories already?